Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

If there is old-fashioned "cuddling for warmth," my money's on Outlaw Queen. Captain Swan has already admitted they like each other--there would be no angst or tension involved (not of the kind that the "cuddling for warmth" trope is meant to invoke, at least). Outlaw Queen, on the other hand...I'm sure just before having to cuddle, Robin will have mournfully told Regina he has to go back to Marian...and then....

(edited)

I'm sure just before having to cuddle, Robin will have mournfully told Regina he has to go back to Marian...and then....

Kathryn/David/Mary Margaret parallel incoming. (Seriously, I totally believe that parallel is going to happen)

White Out seems like an obscure title name. I do like that it could have multiple meanings, though.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

If there is old-fashioned "cuddling for warmth," my money's on Outlaw Queen. Captain Swan has already admitted they like each other--there would be no angst or tension involved (not of the kind that the "cuddling for warmth" trope is meant to invoke, at least). Outlaw Queen, on the other hand...I'm sure just before having to cuddle, Robin will have mournfully told Regina he has to go back to Marian...and then....

I concur with Outlaw Queen being the couple involved if there's any "trapped alone by the snow" couple. Or they could go with an adversarial trapping -- how about if Regina and Marian got trapped together? Awk-ward!

At least until their time spent together convinces Marian that Regina really has changed and she should give her blessing to Regina being with Robin and Roland. (Sorry, I got a little eye-rollingly snarky there at the end.)

• Love 1

Except that Regina can literally create fire in her hands. But yes, they are the most likely candidates or trapped outdoors.

Trapped indoors... Emma, Hook, Snow, Charming, Henry, Nealflake. With Emma/Hook trying to keep their thing on the DL. 

• Love 1
(edited)

White out, like black out, is also sometimes used mean loss of consciousness. Maybe the flashback will be Rumple (or someone else) trapping Elsa in the urn and everything whiting out for her.

I'm thinking we will get Elsa being trapped in the urn in 401. What's the point in dragging it out further? We know she gets trapped and we know Rumple does it. Let us see it in the premiere so we can go ahead and focus on the main characters in the other eps (I know, wishful thinking).

If this "trapped indoors" thing we're assuming happens in an excuse to have a "bottle episode", where all the main characters are in one room/house and are forced to deal with each other, it could be great. If it's just a couple (even CS, and I love them) in a room and they have to cuddle for warmth while resisting their undeniable attraction... gag me.

Edited by Serena

This talk about the possible flashback in 4x2 has made me think about flashbacks in general in 4A, and now I'm kind of depressed. They gave Zelena 3 episodes, so they will give Elsa at least another 3 and the same for whoever is playing Elizabet Mitchell; Regina and Rumple will have at least one each; and Robin and Marian will have another one. If the Knave is really coming in 4A he needs at least one. That makes 10 out of 11 episodes. That probably mean that Snow, Charming, Emma, Hook and Belle aren't going to have an episode this half season.

(edited)

Ginnifer and, being a modern couple, Josh will likely cut a bit back on filming for the rest of this year for family time. So guess we won't get flashbacks with them, to have enough time for Storybrooke. I wouldn't mind to see no flashbacks with Regina either, wouldn't mind to see her even less in Storybrooke though, but doubt that that will happen. Flashbacks for Emma or Henry are an exception anyway. If we're right that there is a connection between Elsa and Rumple then we will see him in flashbacks of course, and they might even manage to tie in Belle into that in some weird, contrived way. Hook, no idea, he was in Neverland until shortly before the curse was cast, right? Although could as well have been back for a while as well, couple of months, and might be tied in somehow into the flashback. Highly doubt though that Frozen would go back as far as to Hook's official naval officer time. Mitchell's character has connections with the Frozen World (being the sisters' mother or the original Snow Queen), that much they said, so there might be no need to have flashback just about her. And though they said, that Frozen is a half season thing, I am not so sure if that includes Mitchell's character. She could be very well the Snow Queen and the Black Fairy and around for the second half as well. As a bit of stand alone episodes can imagine to have a flashback for Belle to the Missing Year (it would do good to see her work with the others without Rumple) and maybe one Robin episode (they really need to flesh this guy out for me to start to care about him the least bit, I care a lot more about Roland than him at the moment)

It was said Georgina Haig was booked for 9 episodes, while the two for Anna and Kristoff where for 5 or 6 episodes. Somehow doubt, that Anna and Kristoff are just characters in the past, otherwise we could already say there would be 5- 6 episodes with flashbacks to Frozen story arc. We will have 2 episodes left without much of Elsa involvement, and my cards are on one Robin, maybe with Regina episode including flashbacks, and one probably Rumbelle or Belle flashback. It was not mentioned for what amount of episodes Mitchell is booked.

Just wondering: Was there an episode without flashback so far?

Edited by katusch
(edited)

Technically, the season finale didn't have flashbacks but that's only because they were in the past, but I can't think of any others. I can think of a few completely useless flashbacks, which worries me a bit if we're going to have so many Frozen flashbacks. It would be a shame if the useless flashback was a main character one. I just really miss the main cast's story.

Putting in another vote for a "bottle episode" with the Storybrooker present runs parallel with a Frozen flashback.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 1

For me, the problem is not the flashback per se because there aren't interesting stories left to tell about many of the characters. The problem I see is that usually the flashback relates to what happens in Storybrooke, so no flashback means that those characters are going to be sidelined again, or reduced to comedic relief (Snowing and the baby) and romantic angst (Hook, Emma and Belle).

• Love 2

"Ariel" and "Into the Deep" also did not have flashbacks. However, I agree that the problem isn't the flashbacks themselves but the misuse of them. 3B is a great example. The Missing Year could have been HUGELY awesome in the fairybacks, but instead they wasted 3 on Zelena's story and basically jumped from the absolute beginning to the absolute end of the Missing Year.

• Love 4

I think the reason we didn't get anything out of the missing year except for the main plot points was because they were too busy trying to get to whatever.  Even Zelena's backstory was terrible.  I will never buy her sudden envy and jealousy of Regina.  I mean really? 

Most of the stuff about 3B was incredibly clumsy.

• Love 3

"Ariel" and "Into the Deep" also did not have flashbacks. However, I agree that the problem isn't the flashbacks themselves but the misuse of them. 3B is a great example. The Missing Year could have been HUGELY awesome in the fairybacks, but instead they wasted 3 on Zelena's story and basically jumped from the absolute beginning to the absolute end of the Missing Year.

I'll never understand how they could have passed on showing more of the missing year.  What a complete waste!  I was expecting to see them all readjusting to a more primitive life than they were used to and getting back in touch with their fairy tale selves after 30 years away from "home."

• Love 4
(edited)

The season three premiere also didn't have flashbacks. 

Technically, the episode started with a flashback of Emma giving birth to Henry.

And I think you mean 'Dark Hollow' as 'Ariel' was all about short party dresses and Lana living the dream of being Ursula. ;)

But, yeah, the lack of a new story happening during The Missing Year really grinds my gears. One would almost think they didn't think 3B through very well and were just obsessed with their shiny new toy, Zelena.

ETA: Maybe 'White Out' is actually referring to the fairyback having a blizzard of some sorts. And, as to characters being from long ago, I'm sure A&E could wank it that Arendelle has been Frozen all this time and just unthawed when the Dark Curse was undone, so those characters travelled to Storybrooke for the first time with the Merry Men or something. Logic need not apply.

Edited by snarkastic
Hook, no idea, he was in Neverland until shortly before the curse was cast, right? Although could as well have been back for a while as well, couple of months, and might be tied in somehow into the flashback.

Hook  must have been back from Neverland a year or more. We know that he was in the Enchanted Forrest area when Snow and Charming first met and there needs to be at least a year or two for them to go from meeting to overcoming various obstacles to taking over George's kingdom to getting married (twice) to giving birth to Emma.

I think "White Out" is referring to the writers. They got into the stationary supplies and this is the messed up episode that resulted. I think sniffing correction fluid might also  explain a couple of plot decisions last year as well.

• Love 4
I think sniffing correction fluid might also  explain a couple of plot decisions last year as well.

Kili, I think you just won the Internet for today. At least for me. :-)

• Love 1
And I think you mean 'Dark Hollow' as 'Ariel' was all about short party dresses and Lana living the dream of being Ursula. ;)

Ah, yeah, my bad! Season 3-Neverland tends to blur in my mind, to put it charitably. At any rate, some episode in 3A other than the season premiere was flashback-less. :)

I still can't get the image of the Sta Puf Marshmallow giant of Ghostbuster fame out of my head. (White Out could refer then to all the white goop that splatters all over the Storybrooke brigade!)

I am not expecting Shakepeare (except a little fancy wording from Hook) from the writers, but there were so many missed opportunities in their fervent glee to tell Zelena's shallow and truly uninteresting backstory in 3B, I am not counting on tooooo much deep thought processes coming into play with Elsa. I have resigned myself (and not sadly for the most part) to just enjoying the fantasy tinged love I have formed for the characters and their more amusing situations/dialogue. I don't tax my brain on all the things it could be. Because, except for moments of intrigue and surprise, it is not going to be detailed or really deep.

• Love 1

Zelena's sob story was Shakespeare compared to the Woegina fanfiction that followed. If I had known that was coming I would've sacrificed 50 virginal chickens for Zelena. I hope they spend so much time on Elsa that they only have limited time for Woegina's tears cause you just know that's the only stories they have. The rest of the cast can spend their time fighting Elsa's giant marshmellow away from Woegina and I'd be happy. Going by the premiere pictures, I'm expecting a 5 minute montage of Woegina walking and sobbing to some sad hymn with a quick cut to Snow, Emma, Marian, Hook etc all sporting the sign of the antichrist on their foreheads.

I'm convinced the flashbacks are there for filler because they can't plot out a 40min episode that stretches for half season. Besides Elsa and Arendelle plus Elsa and Rumpel and the soap opera triangle, what else can they use for flashbacks? I'm not seeing an opportunity for much else.

• Love 3

The new Once make up artist tweeted that the first episode is complete, then just two hours ago "Wow Regina has a mean streak! Love it! #ouat #OUATseason4  #EvilRegals" - just in case you were under the impression she was gonna be nice and mature. This should be for episode 2, then.

What part of "Evil Queen" would lead this person to believe that Regina didn't have a mean streak? And then she's saying I sat through 3B for a pointless Regina redemption arc only for it to be reversed immediately the new season starts? I have this horrible feeling this storyline is going to push Regina way too far, but A&E will think her ultimate change of heart when she stops the slaughter at eight is enough to redeem her and have everyone fawning over how heroic she is for stopping.

• Love 3

I think that person was expressing surprise because she hasn't really watched Once? And she's really just been hired (the old makeup artist was either fired or quit - she did say it was "circumstances beyond her control") so she's just getting familiar with the world of Once. 

Or maybe Regina just lashes at someone verbally with extra spite. I really hope there won't be any true regression, I'm sick of it by this point. Especially because the show is so likely to tell us "See? It's all Emma's fault for saving an innocent woman and Marian's for being alive!"

• Love 1

I'm actually really sick of Regina lashing out, too. She not only feels entitled to everyone's forgiveness without actually apologizing, she is snide to them too?

• Love 3

Regina is a bitch that in real life most non-masochistic people would avoid like the plague.  Narcissistic to the nth degree, it's all about her feelings 24/7/365. The little spoiler from the make up artist describes her to a T. 

• Love 3

Obviously that makeup artist hasn't been indoctrinated into "Woegina is the biggest victim ever" bible written by Adam and Eddy. I give it 2 days before that tweet is deleted and changed to OMG everyone is so mean to poor poor St. Woegina!

Have we forgotten where Woegina hooked up with Cora to go on killing rampages only for A&E to spin it as the fairytale folks deserved it for being so cruel for not eating her lasagna? And those cruel people need to be punished! No worries Oncers, Woegina's halo will remain untarnished by this. In fact her wings are probably going to be dipped in gold and baby Jesus' tears after heroically suffering from the cruelties of Marian.

• Love 1
Obviously that makeup artist hasn't been indoctrinated into "Woegina is the biggest victim ever" bible written by Adam and Eddy. I give it 2 days before that tweet is deleted and changed to OMG everyone is so mean to poor poor St. Woegina!

Really? It looked like she's a fan.

• Love 1

Really? It looked like she's a fan.

Oh I wasn't making a comment about her fandom either way. I can't tell from that one tweet. She might be a fan, it doesn't really matter. But even if she was a fan, there's a difference between "Regina has a mean streak. Awesome balls! I love her" vs "My poor baby angel Regina, people are so cruel to her. She's the biggest victim ever! I love her."  The show's stance is clearly the latter, that was my point.

Like if that was Adam or Eddy, they would never tweet that Woegina has a mean streak because they don't see that she's mean. They see it as Woegina saintly bearing the weight of the cruel world upon her tiny shoulders and generously meting out gentle justice to those who mightily wronged her, for which she deserves to be worshipped for all eternity. That's the cult the makeup artist needs to be brainwashed into.

• Love 1

So, Everyone from Arrendelle is Coming to Storybrook!

It is E online Kristin

Once Upon a Time is set to introduce yet another character from Frozen It's Hans.

Really where the knave fit in all This Frozen buzz!

(edited)

I suspect Hans has something to do with Elizabeth Mitchell's character and/or Rumple imprisoning Elsa in the urn.

Also, I hope Anna gets to slug him.

Edited by Souris
the character description for OUAT's Hans, which is a recurring role, says he's refined and well-spoken on the outside, but he has a serious chip on his shoulder and an even more serious mean streak.

I happen to know what the rest of the character description is: But, it will turn out that Hans is just misunderstood and suffering. Turns out that he had a crush on Eva when they were both 5, but Eva was not only oblivious to it, she also ate the last jam tart at the breakfast buffet that he had his heart set on having. This extreme cruelty on the part of Snow's mom turned Hans's heart to stone and he has struggled to recover it from it for years. He would never had plotted to kill Elsa and Anna if Eva had not been such a greedy pig at the buffet. Regina will not only defeat Hans with love, but she will give him a basket full of jam tarts thawing his heart completely so that he can go onto live the fulfilled life he deserves as a reformed villian. Meanwhile, Elsa will be eaten by an ogre and Anna/Krisoff will die when a building falls on them which they also richly deserve for being mean to Hans and not just dying when he wanted them to.

• Love 6
[Hans is] refined and well-spoken on the outside, but he has a serious chip on his shoulder and an even more serious mean streak.

That description sounds a heck of a lot like Hook from Season 2. It'd be interesting to see if the writers play with those parallels at all or even have Hook address their similarities in-show. (Though, we know deep-down Hook is actually a good man, while Hans is probably just a bad person at his core... but it still would be interesting to see those two interact.)

Well, I'd prefer to see Hans rather than Kristof or Anna (I can't help it, I found them dreadfully boring), but it seems that our fears that we'll barely see the Charmings next season have more and more foundation.

• Love 1

If Adam tries to tell me he's telling this story for his daughters and then writes a story where Hans is "just misunderstood" I'm gonna lose it. Hans is a user, the type of man in this world that uses women for what they can get him and then tries to kill them the second they no longer fit into the plan. Hans is truly a real world villain. You don't need a fairy tale to run into people like him.

On the other hand, Hans would be a way better match for Regina than Robin Hood will ever be. They can seek power in between trying to kill each other every other day.

• Love 6

This is getting beyond insane!! Yet another new character?? Another (misunderstood) villain! I agree he had a role in Urn-ing Elsa. They should have brought Olaf as well. He was the only one left. If we have 5 minutes of meaningful conversation among the core cast this half-season, we will be lucky!!

• Love 2

If Adam tries to tell me he's telling this story for his daughters and then writes a story where Hans is "just misunderstood" I'm gonna lose it. Hans is a user, the type of man in this world that uses women for what they can get him and then tries to kill them the second they no longer fit into the plan. Hans is truly a real world villain. You don't need a fairy tale to run into people like him.

On the other hand, Hans would be a way better match for Regina than Robin Hood will ever be. They can seek power in between trying to kill each other every other day.

Hmm -- does Hans have a lion tattoo like Robin Hood's?

• Love 2
If Adam tries to tell me he's telling this story for his daughters and then writes a story where Hans is "just misunderstood" I'm gonna lose it.

They had a story in which a man murdered his wife for leaving him and then got a shiny new wife who's a famous Disney princess in a series supposedly written for their daughters, so I wouldn't put anything past them in that respect.

In my current headcanon, Liam and Killian are among the crew of Hans's ship at the coronation from the movie and share a number of eyerolling "what an asshole" moments about their prince. (Also, I finally broke down and bought a copy of Frozen since Target had it on sale and I need a refresher.)

• Love 4

My new theory is that Elsa and Anna were both urned (not necessarily at the same time, but maybe). Rumple took Elsa's urn, and Hans took Anna's, because he's just the kind of douche who'd enjoy having her sitting around his quarters in an urn so he could snark meanly at her. His ship was plundered by Hook (maybe Hook and Liam's king was an ancestor of Hans) and the urn ended up on the Jolly Roger.

Kristoff got caught up in the first curse and now works at "Any Given Sundae," the new ice-cream shop in Storybrooke.

(edited)

Well one of my first predictions came true - Snow going on stroller trips with the baby while she talks to other characters. Of course I also theorized she'll find Elsa crying and hiding somewhere, but I guess the set photos will tell us if she does. I've actually planned out how 4A will happen, so I'm seeing what's matching up. One thing down, lots to go.

I really like the costumes in those set photos for some reason. Of course Emma/Hook don't wear much else, but Snow's really fits her personality.

Edited by KingOfHearts

In 8954, 8955, and 8956, Jared or Henry is glued to his phone. 

I'm not 100% sure which he is there--but, if he's Henry, I approve that tweener Henry is still obsessed with his games and phone.  That, at least, makes sense.

(edited)

In 8954, 8955, and 8956, Jared or Henry is glued to his phone. 

I'm not 100% sure which he is there--but, if he's Henry, I approve that tweener Henry is still obsessed with his games and phone.  That, at least, makes sense.

It's hard to tell what is in the scene, and what is between takes.  I am wondering who both Emma and Henry would be talking to no the phone.  I really hope it is not more of everyone giving Emma and earful about how terrible it was for her to bring Marian back.  

I swear if ANYONE is on Regina's side, I might be done with the show.  Or I will at least start muting my television everyone her name comes up in conversation. 

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 1

I really like the costumes in those set photos for some reason. Of course Emma/Hook don't wear much else, but Snow's really fits her personality.

Yes, her yellow coat is adorable and suits her! I really love it.

Every new bit of information we get about 4A makes me more angry. We really don't need 6 (7 if the Knave is really coming) new characters in a show with 8 regulars and at least another 8 semiregulars. It' getting ridiculous.

• Love 1