Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Jel said:

you guys have the most adorable rapport. Rooting for you two!

Awww!  We do have a great rapport.  Very silly emails throughout the day.  His latest:

"I have to go into a mind numbing hour long meeting now. Please send me ton of inappropriate messages for me to look forward to when I return."  

Wonder how it will be when we do see each other again.  I think it's going to be a lot of giggles.  

1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

You go, girl!

I haven't dated a man my own age in many years.

Guys my age I find are usually too sedate for me, and I have zero in common with them, whether it's movies, music, concerts, energy level, etc.

Mr. Persnickety was 15 years younger than I am.  

The guy before Mr. Persnickety was also 15 years younger than I was (and he reinitiated contact after he saw Mr. Persnickety's death on the news). 

The guy before that guy was 12 years my junior.  

I appreciated having someone who could keep up with me mentally and physically, and they appreciated having someone who knew what she wanted and didn't play head games.

I say go for it with all you've got and HAVE FUN...We really do only live once, so grab that bitch known as life with gusto and enjoy every second of it!!!

I love hearing your story as well!  That's so awesome!  

I do agree about being the age where you don't want to play a bunch of head games.  I want to enjoy life with an easy, fun relationship.  Having hockey in common is such a great bond.  The exercise is fantastic.   The intense thrill of when I scored and he hugged me...I know others did, but I don't remember that part.  Hee hee.  

I'm kind of glad we've just spent the last week getting to know each other in emails b/c during the season, we really did more smiling at each other than talking!  It feels like great foreplay.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Do you think Sonja was trying to get Slurinda?   Maybe it was LuAnn or Heather or the the guy she tried to kill with her shoe?   There are probably many, many other suspects LOL

I think it was Dorinda trying to get at that ungrateful Jovani wearing, Ex-Countess with a Mugshot

Dorinda might have just been sitting in her apartment, after her "ONE" glass of wine, raging and muttering about, E-Z pass Holland Tunnel vaginas, family crests, nutcrackers and Jovani - only she forgot she had a gun in her hand when her arms started flailing

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think it was Dorinda trying to get at that ungrateful Jovani wearing, Ex-Countess with a Mugshot

Dorinda might have just been sitting in her apartment, after her "ONE" glass of wine, raging and muttering about, E-Z pass Holland Tunnel vaginas, family crests, nutcrackers and Jovani - only she forgot she had a gun in her hand when her arms started flailing

Good theory but the shots were fired at the UES from Roosevelt Island

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

You can't picture Dorinda on the tram?

LOL.  Yes!   Yes I can.

Damn!   Too bad I just shutdown my desktop after finishing my Photoshop project for the reunion because you just gave me another Photoshop idea.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

We are thinking about taking a quick 4 day trip to NYC next week, and was wondering if any New Yorkers out there can recommend some good eating spots (nothing fancy, but trying to avoid the tourist traps) and also my best chance, locale wise, to spot a RHoNY.  I think we will be staying in Time Square (kinda last minute trip and haven't booked a hotel yet). Thanks so much if you can.

• Love 1

My friend lives 2 blocks from Ramona's place on the UES.

We went to dinner locally, it was a Japanese restaurant and my friend noticed her first.

We went total fan girl - staring but trying to do it on the sly.

She was there with a girlfriend - I think a much younger Joanie

My friend decided he needed to use the restroom to get a better glimpse.

Ramona actually laughed as he walked by because acting "cool" we were not. She called out to him and told him to call me over. We talked for a bit. My friend spoke to her more because this was their neighborhood. We posed for a picture of us together. First we stood up but my friend is tall, so she said let's do this sitting down.

She was super friendly and sweet.

Appearance wise - super petite - like 5 feet.

Really fit body - toned and with a well proportioned figure.

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

We went to dinner locally, it was a Japanese restaurant and my friend noticed her first.

Ramona actually laughed as he walked by because acting "cool" we were not. She called out to him and told him to call me over. We talked for a bit. My friend spoke to her more because this was their neighborhood. We posed for a picture of us together. First we stood up but my friend is tall, so she said let's do this sitting down.

That is awesome, thank you for sharing it! Did you discuss the show at all?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

That is awesome, thank you for sharing it! Did you discuss the show at all?

Only that we loved RHONY and her on the show. We didn't ask about what was going to happen or who she really liked or didn't like.

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, Jel said:

We are thinking about taking a quick 4 day trip to NYC next week, and was wondering if any New Yorkers out there can recommend some good eating spots (nothing fancy, but trying to avoid the tourist traps) and also my best chance, locale wise, to spot a RHoNY.  I think we will be staying in Time Square (kinda last minute trip and haven't booked a hotel yet). Thanks so much if you can.

My only recommendation is to stay away from Times Square.  It is overcrowded, annoying and smelly.  

• Love 5

I don't live in NYC (Yo Philly!) but I am a theatre loving bitch and two places I adore are:

Casellula, a cheese-focused wine bar, 401 W 52nd St., Hell's Kitchen area

Barn Joo 35, a Korean gastropub, 34 W 35th St., a little north of Korea Town not far from Macy's and the Empire State Building. 

ETA: Actually it's more like Yo, South Jersey...

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I don't live in NYC (Yo Philly!) but I am a theatre loving bitch and two places I adore are:

Casellula, a cheese-focused wine bar, 401 W 52nd St., Hell's Kitchen area

Barn Joo 35, a Korean gastropub, 34 W 35th St., a little north of Korea Town not far from Macy's and the Empire State Building. 

ETA: Actually it's more like Yo, South Jersey...

I KNEW I loved you! (originally from the area also. Fly Eagles Fly!) We were in Wildwood last week. Thank God the town shut down MTV's plan to film those Jersey Shore buffoons there! And very little chance that a housewife will show up. I did mention to Mr Darling that Luann was playing at the Borgata and tried to tempt him into a jaunt to AC "for the air show", but no dice ; )

• Love 4

Jel:

It would help if you tell me what kind of food you prefer and how adventurous are you with food? Carole like or Bethenny like. Are there kids coming along this trip?

If you delay the trip for a few weeks and come mid September you can hit the San Gennarro feast in Little Italy.

Even if you don't, Little Italy is a good spot. Chinatown is also another good spot - but again I'm not going to suggest any specific places if you don't like X type of food.

If you can do a romp of RHONY night spots - you'd have a blast - I don't know if you'd bump into any HWs though

Jue Lan Club

Megu

The Regency

Beautique

Le Bilboquet

Here's a link of Festivals - not sure the date so you can click on August or September

https://www.events12.com/newyork/

I'd recommend you ask your concierge on where to go get tickets for Jimmy Fallon Show or any of the morning shows - they have free tickets they dispense early in the mornings.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Jel said:

Oh gawd, PLEASE go to the Regency and be ready to take pictures if Tom or any of the other RH fools are there.  

Bonus points if you can get pics of them in compromising situations!

• Love 13
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Oh, what fun!!  I'm such a celebrity hound. Lucky she was friendly and waived you over. Nice to know that some celebs appreciate their fans. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, what fun!!  I'm such a celebrity hound. Lucky she was friendly and waived you over. Nice to know that some celebs appreciate their fans. 

In NY, you see celebs all over the place. I used to bump into Drew Barrymore and David Bowie all the time. I was on line at Dean & Deluca's when I met and spoke to Clark Johnson - totally fanned out on him because of Homicide Life On The Streets/The Wire. Had dinner sitting next to Ben Stiller. Conan O Brien walking his dog. Al Roker at the Food Emporium by the yogurt section.

Another thing to remember is when you get on a plane - look at who is sitting in first class - my sightings have been Danny Glover, Tina Turner.

I hope Jel has some HW sightings. Hey Jel - you can also roam back and forth on Broadway between Broome & Spring Street - Bethenny's apartment. There are a bunch of shops there

• Love 7
17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love hearing this because for all of her bad qualities displayed on RHONY, I have always suspected that in person, she is actually a decent human being and could be loveable.

• Love 4

So, latest on Hockey Crush and I.  We have hockey evaluations for fall league.  Last time, he didn't do the evals, just showed up.  But he's coming tonight since I'm going to be there.  Still haven't gone out together yet, but emails still going.  Had a conference this week so I couldn't be in contact as much.  Will be interesting to see him again.  It's only been less than 2 weeks since we have seen each other, but we hadn't talked about our mutual crushing until the emails.  And apparently he loves me.  

Hockey Crush:   "Oh I just did 2 large margaritas out in the sun.  Nap time before game time tonight:!

Me:   You dick I mean "nice"!

Hockey Crush:  Hahha I love you

Me:   Hee hee back atcha!

Hockey Crush:  Noted: only give you one assist for not saying the exact words “ I LOVE YOU”

Me:  I LOVE YOU CHAMPIONSHIP TWO GOAL SCORER

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

So, latest on Hockey Crush and I.  We have hockey evaluations for fall league.  Last time, he didn't do the evals, just showed up.  But he's coming tonight since I'm going to be there.  Still haven't gone out together yet, but emails still going.  Had a conference this week so I couldn't be in contact as much.  Will be interesting to see him again.  It's only been less than 2 weeks since we have seen each other, but we hadn't talked about our mutual crushing until the emails.  And apparently he loves me.  

Hockey Crush:   "Oh I just did 2 large margaritas out in the sun.  Nap time before game time tonight:!

Me:   You dick I mean "nice"!

Hockey Crush:  Hahha I love you

Me:   Hee hee back atcha!

Hockey Crush:  Noted: only give you one assist for not saying the exact words “ I LOVE YOU”

Me:  I LOVE YOU CHAMPIONSHIP TWO GOAL SCORER

Awwwww!

tenor.gif

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh gawd, PLEASE go to the Regency and be ready to take pictures if Tom or any of the other RH fools are there.  

Bonus points if you can get pics of them in compromising situations!

I will try so hard to do that, Persnickety. Is The Regency the Regency Bar and Grill or the lounge in Loews Regency Hotel?  We're going with friends who are not RH fans (I know, the nerve!), so I'll do my best. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

In NY, you see celebs all over the place. I used to bump into Drew Barrymore and David Bowie all the time. I was on line at Dean & Deluca's when I met and spoke to Clark Johnson - totally fanned out on him because of Homicide Life On The Streets/The Wire. Had dinner sitting next to Ben Stiller. Conan O Brien walking his dog. Al Roker at the Food Emporium by the yogurt section.

Another thing to remember is when you get on a plane - look at who is sitting in first class - my sightings have been Danny Glover, Tina Turner.

I hope Jel has some HW sightings. Hey Jel - you can also roam back and forth on Broadway between Broome & Spring Street - Bethenny's apartment. There are a bunch of shops there

Thanks for the inspiration and the locale tips, KFB!  I will try to find an acceptable excuse to stalk those streets.  (Dream scenario would be RH tour / Jim Gaffigan restaurant tour. )

I have never seen a celebrity on an airplane, not even once. I'll be looking on this upcoming one.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm so jealous! lol  In my next career, I'd like to travel around for star sightings. 

I'm on the east coast. I've visited NY about 6 times, but not lately. I did see John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd  (you may not know who they are from yesteryear.) once getting into the elevator at Rockefeller Center shortly before John's death. They walked right next to me and I called out John's name.  He turned and smiled and I was able to get a picture of them as they got into the elevator. (Our group had dinner at the Rainbow Room and we were waiting near the elevator for all of our party to exit. It was a Saturday night.) Security did a lot of shuffling for their entourage, but, for some reason they let me stay. lol

I think that I'm more aware of celebrities today than I was back then.  I'll be on full alert when I make my next trip to the NYC!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Jel said:

Thanks for the inspiration and the locale tips, KFB!  I will try to find an acceptable excuse to stalk those streets.  (Dream scenario would be RH tour / Jim Gaffigan restaurant tour. )

I have never seen a celebrity on an airplane, not even once. I'll be looking on this upcoming one.

Is this the blond comedian? I met him on a plane - hah!

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Is this the blond comedian? I met him on a plane - hah!

Lol, yes!  You're either my spirit animal or living my dream life, KFB.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I was at a club and danced with Michael Imperioli at the height of The Sopranos craze

Yay, he's pretty famous. I loved the Sopranos. 

I actually met two actors in my own city.  Sharon Lawrence, actor, who is from here and still has family here, at a bar/restaurant.  She was attending a high school reunion gathering and I just happened to be there with friends having drinks.  I didn't approach her, but, wish I had now.  And, I had drinks and chatted with the actor who played the dentist, Dr. Silver (David's dad) on Beverly Hills 90210.  He was in Raleigh on business. It was actually my friend who recognized him and pointed him out. We then went over and struck up a conversation. He was alone and seemed thrilled someone recognized him.  And, I've met most of the Allman Brothers Band at Meet & Greets over the years. 

If I lived in NYC, I'd probably make it a real hobby. I've read about people who do that. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yay, he's pretty famous. I loved the Sopranos. 

I actually met two actors in my own city.  Sharon Lawrence, actor, who is from here and still has family here, at a bar/restaurant.  She was attending a high school reunion gathering and I just happened to be there with friends having drinks.  I didn't approach her, but, wish I had now.  And, I had drinks and chatted with the actor who played the dentist, Dr. Silver (David's dad) on Beverly Hills 90210.  He was in Raleigh on business. It was actually my friend who recognized him and pointed him out. We then went over and struck up a conversation. He was alone and seemed thrilled someone recognized him.  And, I've met most of the Allman Brothers Band at Meet & Greets over the years. 

If I lived in NYC, I'd probably make it a real hobby. I've read about people who do that. 

Pretty cool SunnyBeBe!

In NY, lots of people in the entertainment industry live here. Sometimes you might just pass them by, I've found most are a lot less tall then they seem to be on screen.

I used to bump into Heath Ledger all the time, I didn't realize until he passed away he lived so close to where I worked.

Kristen Dunst and Chester Carol (Ziggy - on The Wire) are super super skinny - it was shocking. Kristen's thigh looked like the width of my upper arm.

Uma Thurman isn't as tall as I thought - she seemed more tall and voluptuous on screen

Every week some movies or TV show is filming in the area. We look out for the pink flyers that are put up that let us know what is being filmed and from when to when.

I saw the Olsen twins at a NYC outdoors flea market.

NYPD Blue - was that the show with Kim Delaney and Jimmy Smits? They filmed a scene for a MONTH at a bank that was converted into a retail store. For their show they changed the location back to a bank. It was really interesting watching how they set up the cameras - on these dollies on rails they placed on the street - to capture action scenes. They kept filming a shoot out hostage type scene and those cameras would whiz backwards to capture the scene at different angles.

I also watched them film Empire Boardwalk in Brooklyn. If you're familiar with the show, it was the scene where there was an attempted assassination of Johnny Torrio at his home. Also at a person's home nearby they also filmed a "brothel" shooting. It's nice how they scout for homes and change them for period piece scenes. Also to see the cars they bring on set of that time period.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Pretty cool SunnyBeBe!

In NY, lots of people in the entertainment industry live here. Sometimes you might just pass them by, I've found most are a lot less tall then they seem to be on screen.

I used to bump into Heath Ledger all the time, I didn't realize until he passed away he lived so close to where I worked.

Kristen Dunst and Chester Carol (Ziggy - on The Wire) are super super skinny - it was shocking. Kristen's thigh looked like the width of my upper arm.

Uma Thurman isn't as tall as I thought - she seemed more tall and voluptuous on screen

Every week some movies or TV show is filming in the area. We look out for the pink flyers that are put up that let us know what is being filmed and from when to when.

I saw the Olsen twins at a NYC outdoors flea market.

NYPD Blue - was that the show with Kim Delaney and Jimmy Smits? They filmed a scene for a MONTH at a bank that was converted into a retail store. For their show they changed the location back to a bank. It was really interesting watching how they set up the cameras - on these dollies on rails they placed on the street - to capture action scenes. They kept filming a shoot out hostage type scene and those cameras would whiz backwards to capture the scene at different angles.

I also watched them film Empire Boardwalk in Brooklyn. If you're familiar with the show, it was the scene where there was an attempted assassination of Johnny Torrio at his home. Also at a person's home nearby they also filmed a "brothel" shooting. It's nice how they scout for homes and change them for period piece scenes. Also to see the cars they bring on set of that time period.

When I was in college in Philly, they were filming the movie Birdy. There was a guy on campus that everyone knew because of the old car he drove. He told a story about how they searched for the people with age appropriate cars for the movie. If their left turn signal worked, they'd circle the block(s) repeatedly to the left, if the right turn signal worked they'd circle through making right hand turns. Cars that didn't run sat parked. I never took the time to verify the same cars going by over and over making the same turns, or to look for Clem's car, but it made sense.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 4

Mrs. Thurston Howell the Third lived in the building next to mine in NYC.

She was very old and pushed around every day by her companion in a wheelchair, but still looked very much like the Lovey that we all knew and loved.

She was the first celebrity I recognized after I moved there.

• Love 12

Update on Hockey Crush!  Saw each other last night for the first time since our flirtatious fun emails.   Was late getting in so he was already on the bench before I got on ice.  Big smiles!  After, he stayed back which he doesn't usually do to hang out for our 4th period in the parking lot.  Had this cute button down shirt.  He is a big boy though , but the face is so handsome.  And it was fun to watch him interact with everyone else on the team.  Has a very quiet, gentle way about him (with the exception of his slapshot that is so, so hard and makes me hot :) ) but great sense of humor and cute laugh.  We had a few private jokes we slipped in while others were talking with us.   One of my best girlfriends on our team knows we are crushing but I don't think anyone else does.   Well, they might after tonight.

And of course, as we all depart, we're emailing each other being silly.  Today is both of our birthdays, so last night afterwards..

Hockey Crush:  Let’s get together for dinner to celebrate our Birthday’s and more importantly CHAMPIONSHIP GOALS!  Loved seeing you. Enjoy your day tomorrow and I am glad I saw you tonight!

He is leaving tomorrow and taking his mom with him to Vegas.  Said she is by herself since his dad passed and she has always wanted to go.  So we'll do dinner when he gets back.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Jel said:

Please bring a notebook, Sasha -- we're going to need details! ;)

LOL, will do!  I'll do real time texting.  He is a cutie pie for sure.  Something about his sweet face just reels me in.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Something about his sweet face just reels me in.

Something about taking his widowed mother to Las Vegas just reels me in.

THAT is a most excellent quality in a man. Most excellent.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Something about taking his widowed mother to Las Vegas just reels me in.

THAT is a most excellent quality in a man. Most excellent.

I know!  What a sweetheart he really is!  

• Love 2
On 24/08/2018 at 4:20 AM, Jel said:

OMG ! Go to Beautique and wear a T-Shirt with "What are you doing here without Dorinda ?" on it, lol !

EDIT : Ho nooooo : https://www.yelp.com/biz/beautique-new-york-2

beat.PNG

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 6

That is precisely why I left New York City. I don't regret a minute of time I spent there in my twenties. But, I knew I needed room to roam and didn't want to spend $10,000 a month to get it. 

I loved NYC, though.  No place like it on Earth. And the only reason I stick with this franchise.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey, I'm looking for a roommate to share a little place on the Upper West side of the city....anyone interested?  lol Just kidding. Check this place out!  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6096081/Manhattan140-square-foot-studio-apartment-market-shocking-1-375-month.html

Wow!  When you see the places the RHONY have you realize how much $$ they probably do have.  Or that they are in debt out of their a$$.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Wow!  When you see the places the RHONY have you realize how much $$ they probably do have.  Or that they are in debt out of their a$$.

Oh, I know.....I doubt any of the real housewives have a bathroom as small as that apartment! lol  On the bright side, the outside of the building is lovely and it has hardwoods!  AND, the heat and electricity is included in the rent!  That's a plus.  But, it's also on the 4th floor of a walk up and has NO windows!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

Yeah, lots of walking  It's across from Central Park...sounds wonderful...just a little on the tight side.  I wonder if you put your microwave under the bed or on that stool sitting by the toilet? lol 

• Love 2

The best place to see "celebrities" is to go the the latest, just opened high end restaurant.  My sister worked as a hostess at one while in college and every famous person you can think of came in.  Dennis Leary, Hugh Jackson, Kate Hudson, all the old rockers from the 90's, TV news casters, just to name a very few show told me about.  She told me the Real Housewives of NY came in once because she knows I watch the show.  She had no idea who was who because she never saw the show.  She said they were very nice, but of course why wouldn't they be?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, lots of walking  It's across from Central Park...sounds wonderful...just a little on the tight side.  I wonder if you put your microwave under the bed or on that stool sitting by the toilet? lol 

And do you wear all of your clothes?  At one time?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hey, I'm looking for a roommate to share a little place on the Upper West side of the city....anyone interested?  lol Just kidding. Check this place out!  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6096081/Manhattan140-square-foot-studio-apartment-market-shocking-1-375-month.html

So in other words, they turned a bathroom into an apartment.

My main celebrity sighting was when we saw Eric Roberts filming a tv show in New Orleans.  Him and his wife were gracious enough to pose for us.

They filmed A League of Their Own in my home town.  I got Rosie ODonell's autograph.    Sat next to John Davidson at the restaurant in Cinderella's Castle at Disney World.  Met Phil Koeghan ( Amazing Race host) and Ethan Zohn ( Survivor winner).

I do have a facebook friend who lives in NY. She posts pics of celebrity sightings all the time.

No howive sightings, but Sonja once answered my tweet!

Edited by howiveaddict
forgot
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So it looks like someone turned a utility closet into an apartment.  I don't know how they can get away with it since it doesn't have a window.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's a total fire hazard. 

• Love 5