Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Regency Bar

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, OnceSane said:

If I'm out in the woods, I find dryer sheets work amazingly against insects.  Sensitive skin may not be able to handle it, though.

Maybe, scent free sheets? lol 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Oo, no, I wouldn’t use SSS on my face without reading up on it. 

Can you believe they have a SSS moisturizing HAIR removal cream, but, that's all I could find for the face!  lol  Odd. 

(edited)

First off @sunnybebe congrats!! I need to make a similar lifestyle change so your post was inspiring.

When my eczema is really bad I take evening primrose capsules (sometimes I pop them open and use them on my hands). Seriously helps my flare ups.

Re: Skin care, I use CeraVe on my hands and body. On my face I used to be die-hard Clinique, and I still pretty much am, but I’ve started mixing it up a bit.

Recently I bought a $$$$ AmorePacific green tea essence, which is calming. (Their line is great but it’s $$$$, and most has a fragrance, not really this tea stuff though) But... I should really drink more green tea—that’s a key for me.

Oh yeah. For peels I agree, nothing strong! But I do like mild AHAs. The Glow Recipe watermelon mask at Sephora helped me get rid of milia (though truly I needed a stronger retinol to get rid of the main patches... still working on that.)

by the way @BckpckFullaNinjas someone won on Shark Tank with a sugar scrub for eczema so you’re in good company! :) 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why does my phone think I am a size 18? I keep seeing plus-size clothing ads.

Did you buy clothes for anyone else lately? Or did you accidentally put something that wasn't your size in a shopping cart? 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Did you buy clothes for anyone else lately? Or did you accidentally put something that wasn't your size in a shopping cart? 

Nope. I wonder if it thinks I have high blood pressure, due to being overweight? Everyone in my family has high BP, so I am always googling foods that combat high BP, trying to prevent what might be my inevitable fate.

But thank you for helping me understand the possible causes and effects.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Nope. I wonder if it thinks I have high blood pressure, due to being overweight? Everyone in my family has high BP, so I am always googling foods that combat high BP, trying to prevent what might be my inevitable fate.

But thank you for helping me understand the possible causes and effects.

That might be it, actually. This tracking is out of control. One time I talked to my mom in person about a product and it showed up as a recommendation on Amazon ?.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

That might be it, actually. This tracking is out of control. One time I talked to my mom in person about a product and it showed up as a recommendation on Amazon ?.

Oh, my gosh! It’s like they’re stalking us!

• Love 4

I get really freaked out when things happen with my phone.  I'm not sure how much is real and how much is coincidental. I suppose we are really tracked.   One day, I was shopping in a certain store and was browsing skin and hair care products.  I took my phone out to check on something and I was getting ads about skin and hair care products.  

http://theconversation.com/your-mobile-phone-can-give-away-your-location-even-if-you-tell-it-not-to-65443

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I get really freaked out when things happen with my phone.  I'm not sure how much is real and how much is coincidental. I suppose we are really tracked.   One day, I was shopping in a certain store and was browsing skin and hair care products.  I took my phone out to check on something and I was getting ads about skin and hair care products.  

http://theconversation.com/your-mobile-phone-can-give-away-your-location-even-if-you-tell-it-not-to-65443

Sure.  The location device did that to for you.  The things we have allowed in our lives, and I'm as guilty as anyone, the security and privacy we have given up - we will never get it back.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just noticed a slew of "sponsored topics" aka links for wedding dresses here  at the bottom of the main RHONY page. That's probably because we mentioned the wedding dress fiasco with Tinsley and her mother so many times.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Big brother advertisement loves to monitor our chatter! LOL

You're right!   I remember noticing the same thing happening once before but I can't remember what it was.    ?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You're right!   I remember noticing the same thing happening once before but I can't remember what it was.    ?

Look at your home page, be it Yahoo/Google/or whatever and your email home page and you will often see ads for things you were looking at online recently! Most sites collect data on what/where we go on the internet highway and try to tempt you into buying it or something close to it. LOL

• Love 3

I see ads for stuff we discuss here as ads in the forum all the time (sometimes to humorous effect). A big one is ads for luxury yacht cruises on the Below Deck forum. And an ad for Alcatraz when discussing TRav on the Southern Charm forum. :)

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sure.  The location device did that to for you.  The things we have allowed in our lives, and I'm as guilty as anyone, the security and privacy we have given up - we will never get it back.

It's the reason I will not do social media nor any of the DNA, genealogy stuff. I'd love to but no. Once you or your family put it out there you have no control. I'm on 2-3 forums here and there but that's it. Hubby sets the privacy stuff on our electronic devices and does periodic cleaning of apps, cookies and all that stuff.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Giselle said:

It's the reason I will not do social media nor any of the DNA, genealogy stuff. I'd love to but no. Once you or your family put it out there you have no control. I'm on 2-3 forums here and there but that's it. Hubby sets the privacy stuff on our electronic devices and does periodic cleaning of apps, cookies and all that stuff.

I’m with you especially on the genealogy and DNA stuff. Ha, (ok...I’ll admit that this might be on borderline conspiracy theory territory) wait until one of the health insurance companies buy that information and then begin to choose who is worth saving, giving a transplant or surgery to. Also I recall a movie where people were abducted because they had a kidney (cornea...whatever) that some rich or powerful person needed in order to live. We are creating a dangerous world under the guise of it being a social world. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m with you especially on the genealogy and DNA stuff. Ha, (ok...I’ll admit that this might be on borderline conspiracy theory territory) wait until one of the health insurance companies buy that information and then begin to choose who is worth saving, giving a transplant or surgery to. Also I recall a movie where people were abducted because they had a kidney (cornea...whatever) that some rich or powerful person needed in order to live. We are creating a dangerous world under the guise of it being a social world. 

Exactly. The thing is we find out always after the fact. What and how much they collect, how much they sell and use our information. We get the generic "sometimes we share your info with third parties" and click accept and don't think about what ways in the future they can monetize our info, manipulate it, use it against us, and cough it up to law enforcement. We are then in an uproar when Zuckerberg finds new ways to sell our info and skate around new grey areas, or some celebrity is pissed because she uploaded pictures of her cooch into the cloud and now it's raining down all over the internet. Its our own fault we gave it to them or posted it ourselves on social media (Kyle Richards, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian) and are surprised other people appropriate it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I agree.  As I age into the medical frequent flyer age group, I'm very selective about what I choose to see the doctor about, and what I share with them.  It's sad, but I'm also still in the workforce, (applying for jobs as we speak), and I'm very paranoid about who will have access to my medical information, and whether or not insurance companies will have the ability to opt out on me someday.  Right now I'm good, but there are things that I would love to have checked/tested, but I'm not confident about the fallout if tests have negative outcomes.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Need squee? 

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you! 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There is no sound better than a laughing child

You're so right!   I was grinning from ear to ear and yet I puddled up at the same time.   Go Figure!   ?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I was too!  I love it when I realize that I'm unconsciously smiling.

Here's hoping that happens more often!   

On 6/19/2018 at 10:32 AM, Giselle said:

some celebrity is pissed because she uploaded pictures of her cooch into the cloud and now it's raining down all over the internet.

Hilariously put.

Its our own fault we gave it to them or posted it ourselves on social media (Kyle Richards, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian) and are surprised other people appropriate it.

Social media for "celebrities" like these is their "job" in that it's one way they make money, so yeah, they should be on top of it.

Regular people are more problematic to me.  Early on, nobody understood what Facebook was doing, and jumped in out of ignorance.  So I kind of give them a pass, but only a little one.  They ignored red flags like "You know Facebook owns all of your photos, don't you?"

But now we do know what Facebook and your phone are doing, and people can't/won't stop being part of this massive experiment that is truly an experiment--we have no idea how this is going to turn out, and certainly no guarantee that it's going to be good.  And the people who are conducting the experiment have a money motivation.

Maybe it will be good and maybe it won't, but we weren't given a true choice about whether to participate.

• Love 1

I guess this is the place to post this: I set both the special RHONY program and last night’s episode to record - very unusual for me —  and fell asleep and dreamed I was a high-level lackey helping prep for a big RHONY party. I would be expected to sing as entertainment. . As I was fretting over my set list, the thought that Lu would push me off the stage gave me a  mixed sense of relief and yet outrage.  Needed a nap after THAT restless sleep!!! 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I just found out that the famous "Please don't let it be about Tom. It's about Tom." Jack o Lanterns were made by Elizabeth Perkins' daughter.

I watched that, too. Elizabeth Perkins is another RH superfan. She tweeted the photo to Andy, but somehow it went viral without many people knowing that EP’s daughter and her daughter’s friend created them. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Carrying the dark eye circle conversation from I don't know which thread - 

My dark circles are exacerbated by puffiness, which sort of creates a shadow also.  Anyway I have concealers that I have liked better than others, but they all seem to create a lot of shine, which I hate.  I'm getting too old to dab with powder, so I am really in a quandry.  I need to go to a professional makeup person and get some help with it.

I like this evepearl product from a coverage standpoint, and because it's two shades in one compact, but again, too much shine.

I also like this doll10 product, which is a bit more dry, but not too dry.  I like it for the ease of application.

Finally, I have also had some success with itcosmetics Bye Bye Undereye.  

All of these are available from the Company websites, as well as QVC, Ulta, etc.  They are all what I consider pricey, and I have bought from Ebay with some success.  I know that some folks are not comfortable with that idea, but I only buy New products.  I wouldn't buy used cosmetics, but apparently some do.

None of them are perfect for me, and I am still searching for "the one".  I would probably rank the above three in reverse order to how I listed them, lol, though I would vascilate between the IT and the Doll 10 as #1.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Carrying the dark eye circle conversation from I don't know which thread - 

Thanks for the info, SuprSuprElevated.   As I mentioned, my under eye circles are usually more noticeable if I haven't had a good night's sleep - which seems to be all too frequent!  I miss the days of my youth when I could sleep through anything!  I use a basic Cover Girl concealer.  It does okay.  Sometimes I use Clinique's chubby stick foundation in a shade just slightly darker than the liquid foundation.  I'll check out the products you mentioned though.   I've read that almond oil is good to use.  I've tried it in the evenings when I'm watching TV.  It's so greasy though!  I didn't stick with it to see any results.   Good luck with your product search.  If you find one that is "the one," please post it on here!  Thanks. 

• Love 1

Hi friends,

I'm watching Pirate Island and I noticed that here and in Turks and Caicos the bedrooms have this weird layout with the beds in the middle of the room with this large head board/wall with room to walk behind them. 

Is this just a common layout for fancy rental houses or is this for tv purposes?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Hi friends,

I'm watching Pirate Island and I noticed that here and in Turks and Caicos the bedrooms have this weird layout with the beds in the middle of the room with this large head board/wall with room to walk behind them. 

Is this just a common layout for fancy rental houses or is this for tv purposes?

I have seen photos of this, but never in person.  Could it have something to do with airflow?  Maybe an effort to keep cool?

On 7/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have seen photos of this, but never in person.  Could it have something to do with airflow?  Maybe an effort to keep cool?

I have seen this on some of the house hunters shows. Usually the walk in closets were behind the bed. It was very odd and I didn't love it at all.

• Love 5

Apparently the rock I’ve lived under for all this time has been removed! I JUST found this forum- I had been following DCC making the team, but just now I found all of the REAL HOUSEWIVES forums!!! Feels like Christmas. I’ll jump in after I catch up reading you all!! So excited! 

• Love 11
Just now, Taralightner said:

Apparently the rock I’ve lived under for all this time has been removed! I JUST found this forum- I had been following DCC making the team, but just now I found all of the REAL HOUSEWIVES forums!!! Feels like Christmas. I’ll jump in after I catch up reading you all!! So excited! 

We are a passionately, oppioionated, but mostly civil bunch. Have fun!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Welcome!

• Love 5

Omg! Just read the George thread... is it appropriate to comment on 4 year old posts, lol... I actually emailed and called Bravo begging, telling, demanding that they take away that letch’s Platform. Ugh. 

Now reading the past wives thread... all these years, I haven’t been alone, I just didn’t know it. You all should advertise a hotline! (The More You Know...) 

Back to catching up! I promise not to be THAT person who asks about something that was already answered/ discussed 2 pages ago... 

My work is cut out for me, but I have the “fire in me.  There is no hesitation... I have a mission...”

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Omg! Just read the George thread... is it appropriate to comment on 4 year old posts, lol... I actually emailed and called Bravo begging, telling, demanding that they take away that letch’s Platform. Ugh. 

You're the hero I didn't know I needed.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Welcome to all things Housewives!!  Jump right in and join in on the snark!  :)

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

On another note, I'm hoping they bring back Sweet Home Oklahoma.  Otherwise know to me as normal housewives....having fun.

Looking for new shows to see, so definitely will have to check this one out! Thanks!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

On another note, I'm hoping they bring back Sweet Home Oklahoma.  Otherwise know to me as normal housewives....having fun.

They are bringing back a revamped version called Sweet Home. It’s going to be an hour long and focus on Jen’s design business and projects. No Lee but Pumps, Josh and Tubby will also be featured.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They are bringing back a revamped version called Sweet Home. It’s going to be an hour long and focus on Jen’s design business and projects. No Lee but Pumps, Josh and Tubby will also be featured.

Pumps just cracks me up.  Putting the fitbit on the dog???  Gotta love it.

• Love 4