Type keyword(s) to search

RHoBH in the Media

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

It seems the confirmed cast is: Erika, Lisa Rinna, Vanderpump, Kyle, Dorit, Eileen with Eden, Camille and Kim rumored as either full-time wives or friends. The cast trip is going to be South Africa. We may have a better idea of the full cast once we see who actually makes that trip. For the record, Camille has said she is only a friend of, but she has been filming more than she has recently, so it's possible she'll be doing more than just a couple guest spots.

a) Who is Dorit and b) why "Eileen with Eden"?  Why the word "with"?

• Love 1

http://www.vinereport.com/article/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-7-new-season-starts-filming-dorit-kemsley-and-eden-sassoon-to-join-bravo-showa/14098.htm

Kathryn Edwards and Yolanda Hadid have announced their departures from the reality show. New Housewives are expected to be in the Bravo show, and several reports indicate that British designer Dorit Kemsley has signed on to the cast of season 7. Kemsley is friends with [Lisa] Vanderpump and is married to businessman Paul Kemsley.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/08/28/rhobh-new-cast-member-eden-sassoon-spotted-filming-season-7/

In addition to Kemsley, Eden Sassoon has been spotted filming scenes with Lisa Rinna for season 7. Sassoon is the daughter of beauty icon Vidal Sassoon and a well-known socialite, heavy on the charity scene. Following in her family’s footsteps, Eden is the owner of the newly launched EDEN by Eden Sassoon Salon in Los Angeles. Sassoon‘s role is rumored to a ‘friend of a Housewife.’

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Jextella said:

a) Who is Dorit and b) why "Eileen with Eden"?  Why the word "with"?

I should've said "and Eileen with Eden, Camille and Kim.." That was just me rushing lol. Dorit is a friend of Lisa Vanderpump's and is also British. The only people not confirmed full-time are Eden Camille and Kim with reports saying both things for them, so we'll have to wait and see on them. Dorit has been filming since the very beginning so she's all but confirmed as full-time. 

• Love 1

6 housewives is enough...though 5 main housewives wpuld be better... more individual narratives.

We already know the narratives:  plastic surgery, opening a lame retail store, starting a makeup line, starting a dress business with cheap polyester clothing, and dinners to discuss fake fights.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:17 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

6 housewives is enough...though 5 main housewives wpuld be better... more individual narratives.

The larger the cast the more heat is taken off the veterans.  LVP and Kyle can cruise through the season as hostesses and keep their businesses front and center.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:16 AM, AuntieDiane6 said:

We already know the narratives:  plastic surgery, opening a lame retail store, starting a makeup line, starting a dress business with cheap polyester clothing, and dinners to discuss fake fights.

We have a new business this year-Kyle will be casting and producing her new sitcom.

• Love 3
On 9/9/2016 at 9:17 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

6 housewives is enough...though 5 main housewives would be better... more individual narratives.

On 9/12/2016 at 5:37 PM, zoeysmom said:

The larger the cast the more heat is taken off the veterans.  LVP and Kyle can cruise through the season as hostesses and keep their businesses front and center.

I agree about having a larger cast, especially because there always seems to be a point during a season where some massive fight breaks the cast into weird factions and one or two of the women are forced to support each other by default. On OC, it's been Vicki and newbie Kelly Meza Dodd. In the beginning of the NY season, it was Sonja and LuAnn. On Melbourne, it's Lydia and Pettifleur. A slightly larger cast allows the show to have the same fights, but having the fights and arguments seem a little more fresh because it isn't just housewife A and housewife B screaming at each other for the sixth time that season.

The other benefit is that if one housewife is truly odious or boring, the show has at least a decent amount of footage to make up the difference.

• Love 4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3905874/Lisa-Vanderpump-glams-charity-gala-stars-Lisa-Rinna-Elieen-Davidson-snub-event.html

Lisa Vanderpump hosted the first glitzy gala for her dog charity on Thursday night at the inaugural Vanderpump Dog Foundation Gala held at the Taglyan Cultural Complex in Hollywood.

While many of Lisa's famous friends showed their support for the charity, there were three notable absentees, her RHOBH cos-stars Lisa Rinna, Elieen Davidson and Erika Jayne, who were invited but failed to show up. 

One cast member who asked not to be identified told DailyMail.com inside the party: 'Regardless of how they view Lisa you'd think they'd want to support a worthwhile cause.

'The three of them use the show to enrich themselves without giving back. It's actually rather ironic, they won't support endangered dogs yet they behave like entitled b****es.'

• Love 2

I don't know about the new women, but the only person at that party who is capable of providing that quote is Lisa Vanderpump. Kyle would never say anything like that. She also doesn't find anything distasteful about using the show to promote a business (and frankly neither does Pinky Vanderpump if she is being honest and not superior). Kyle has used the show to showcase The Agency, Kyle by Alene Too, one of Nicki's books, and to sell the Palm Springs house. Also Lisa's being really disingenuous because she's used the show the same exact way, but she has the luxury to move most of her product pimping over to her moron monkey parade, Vanderpump Rules. She's been able to pimp Vanderpump Vodka and Sangria just by letting Jax steal a ton of the vodka and the Toms fail at being brand ambassadors.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know about the new women, but the only person at that party who is capable of providing that quote is Lisa Vanderpump. Kyle would never say anything like that. She also doesn't find anything distasteful about using the show to promote a business (and frankly neither does Pinky Vanderpump if she is being honest and not superior). Kyle has used the show to showcase The Agency, Kyle by Alene Too, one of Nicki's books, and to sell the Palm Springs house. Also Lisa's being really disingenuous became she's used the show the same exact way, but she has the luxury to move most of her product pimping over to her moron monkey parade, Vanderpump Rules. She's been able to pimp Vanderpump Vodka and Sangria just by letting Jax steal a ton of the vodka and the Toms fail at being brand ambassadors.

I don't think that was from Lisa, she would just say it but in a less obvious way. I agree it wasn't Kyle but there are 2 newbies (a full HW and a FOH), so it could have been 1 of them or just a friend of Lisa's or even a production member hoping to amp up BH HW viewers. Oh, and Lisa has never denied that she uses the HW show to promote her restaurants/businesses. LOL

11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know about the new women, but the only person at that party who is capable of providing that quote is Lisa Vanderpump. Kyle would never say anything like that. She also doesn't find anything distasteful about using the show to promote a business (and frankly neither does Pinky Vanderpump if she is being honest and not superior). Kyle has used the show to showcase The Agency, Kyle by Alene Too, one of Nicki's books, and to sell the Palm Springs house. Also Lisa's being really disingenuous because she's used the show the same exact way, but she has the luxury to move most of her product pimping over to her moron monkey parade, Vanderpump Rules. She's been able to pimp Vanderpump Vodka and Sangria just by letting Jax steal a ton of the vodka and the Toms fail at being brand ambassadors.

I think the mysterious cast member is speaking in terms of the others not giving back to a charity.  I have yet to see either Erika or Eileen do a charity event or even mention a charity.  Last year Erika and Eileen by passed the Yulin march.  To LVP, who does contribute to a lot of charities, both in events and promotion, it kind of frosts her ass the aforementioned others don't do more.  RInna actually does do a fair amount of charitable endeavors.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, editorgrrl said:

5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think the mysterious cast member is speaking in terms of the others not giving back to a charity.  I have yet to see either Erika or Eileen do a charity event or even mention a charity.  Last year Erika and Eileen by passed the Yulin march.  To LVP, who does contribute to a lot of charities, both in events and promotion, it kind of frosts her ass the aforementioned others don't do more.  RInna actually does do a fair amount of charitable endeavors.

I agree. As much as I enjoy Erika, it's rather strange how she blatantly uses "the gays" to fulfill her dreams of being a popstar, and we've yet to see her give back to the community in any way other than a patting of the puss here and there. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I absolutely get that Lisa feels that charity is important and that some the other ladies should be doing or mentioning charities, but some people aren't oriented that way. Steve Jobs did not give to charity. When he came back to Apple after he'd been ousted, he famously stopped Apple's charitable giving. I don't think it's great nor am I making excuses for it, but it seems waste of time and energy for Lisa to ponder why some people aren't particularly charitable or generous.

For whatever reason these shows have largely excised charities from any of the real storylines (except for Dallas where it was the only storyline). On New York, they had the dumb dog wedding, which netted tens of dollars. They cut out Heather's training for a charity event last season. I think they left in Kristen's denim and diamonds event. On OC, they had Meghan's touching speech about her storyline...I mean friend, Leeann, and Vicki's KillAllCancer nonsense. I feel like if you support a charity and you want to have an event on the show there is a decent chance it won't make it to air. The producers seem to barely tolerate 1 maybe 2 charitable events a season. It's a fucking shame.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Other than when Eileen/Erika/Yolanda judged Lisa negatively for having the Stop Yulin March last season, she really hasn't said much about some of the others not doing do more charitable work themselves. All 3 of those HWs called her out on the march being about dogs, not people, and she called them out on their lack of promoting/supporting charities themselves (not through/for their husbands like YHFH/DF). Lisa, Kyle and Rinna are active in numerous charities while Yolanda only did DF's charity(s) and we haven't heard squat about any charity work/support from either Erika or Eileen yet.

• Love 3

I don't think the quote is from Lisa. It's just not her style to be so obvious unless she wants the quote attributed to her. She would either say it or "sources" not a "cast member" would have provided a quote. Plus, they quoted the cast member as saying "Lisa" and I doubt she would refer to herself in the third person. Based on spoilers and the trailer I'm guessing the cast member is Dorit. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Rina99 said:

"Set amid the sexual revolution and the rise of second-wave feminism, American Womanfollows Bonnie (Silverstone), an unconventional mother struggling to raise her two daughters (Makenna James and Lia Ryan McHugh) after leaving her husband. She and her two best friends, Kathleen (Suvari) and Diana (Bartels), each will discover their own brand of independence in a world reluctant to give it."

I guess Kyle is as deluded as Kim. It sounds nothing like Big Kathy's gold-digging, stage mother existence. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

What a great idea!  No pictures must be because she has not decorated it yet.   If I lived in a remote conclave deep in BH I would want a place to escape to the city and West Hollywood is where I would head. 

Now if this is for her son, boo. No fun in that. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Maybe this is for Max!

It could be for Max. Lisa and Ken bought Pandora and Jason a house.

It's also possible that this condo might be a new office because that crappy second floor walk up that they show on Vanderpump Rules is dismal looking.

• Love 4

Last night's premiere party at the Beverly Hills Hotel:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3996428/The-Real-Housewives-Beverly-Hills-step-en-masse-season-7-premiere-party.html  A couple of them could benefit from getting a stylist or firing their present one.

From the left, new woman Sassoon, I guess she decided to go as Bride of Chucky.  Vanderpump has an interesting dress and we see poor little Giggy bald tummy, Eileen apparently thought it was a motorcycle rally, Kyle looks like she is at premier lot of boobage, Rinna dresss is an odd length and she looks hard, Erika looks like she is wearing a cinched gift bag- way too short, too much hair, and lastly Dermit, cute dress why wear the "hair by the foot" braid?

Kim returned to the scene of the crime and was sporting black tights for some odd reason with an evening dress.  Buy a longer dress if you want to hide those varicose veins.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Last night's premiere party at the Beverly Hills Hotel:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3996428/The-Real-Housewives-Beverly-Hills-step-en-masse-season-7-premiere-party.html  A couple of them could benefit from getting a stylist or firing their present one.

From the left, new woman Sassoon, I guess she decided to go as Bride of Chucky.  Vanderpump has an interesting dress and we see poor little Giggy bald tummy, Eileen apparently thought it was a motorcycle rally, Kyle looks like she is at premier lot of boobage, Rinna dresss is an odd length and she looks hard, Erika looks like she is wearing a cinched gift bag- way too short, too much hair, and lastly Dermit, cute dress why wear the "hair by the foot" braid?

Kim returned to the scene of the crime and was sporting black tights for some odd reason with an evening dress.  Buy a longer dress if you want to hide those varicose veins.

3AFB468B00000578-0-image-a-21_1480746643

Eden?

3AFB468B00000578-0-image-m-32_1480747370

Dorito/Taylor in disguise

3AFB5DFB00000578-3996428-Ready_for_reali

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1
On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 10:32 PM, glowbug said:

I don't think the quote is from Lisa. It's just not her style to be so obvious unless she wants the quote attributed to her. She would either say it or "sources" not a "cast member" would have provided a quote. Plus, they quoted the cast member as saying "Lisa" and I doubt she would refer to herself in the third person. Based on spoilers and the trailer I'm guessing the cast member is Dorit. 

You do realize that whoever is the source of the quote has no control over how the quote is attributed other than saying that it is off the record or that her name can't be used. The decision to use cast member rather than sources is entirely in the control of the writer of the article and not the quoted source.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

You do realize that whoever is the source of the quote has no control over how the quote is attributed other than saying that it is off the record or that her name can't be used. The decision to use cast member rather than sources is entirely in the control of the writer of the article and not the quoted source.

I do realize this. I also think Lisa would either allow the quote to be attributed to her or a source from her camp would have put out the quote. Lisa seems to be very media savvy from what I've seen. And I still doubt she'd refer to herself in the third person. Either the article is misquoting her (they put that statement in quotes, indicating that it was a direct quote), she didn't say it, or she referred to herself in the third person. I find the second option to be the most likely. YMMV.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2016 at 0:13 PM, zoeysmom said:

I agree with your style critiques of the ladies!  Don't they have piles of money and access to the best beauty advice?!!  Yikes.  I agree with those who have said LVP needs an make-under.  She is so beautiful and looks her best when she's at home in jeans IMO.  First season...yes I know that was a few years ago, but she was stunning.  I think when she started messing with her lower lip it took away from her instead of enhancing her beauty.  A simpler, slightly shorter hairstyle would make a world of difference.

Eileen is another beautiful woman with no style at all.  She is out of place outside of Malibu.  What is the couture version of J.Crew?!  That is what Eileen needs and to stay away from her Gunsmoke/Saloon and biker/80s cutesy girl or Dynasty-esque mashup attire of choice. Her style choices just baffle me and bring out my OCD.  Erika is always over the top and more like her alter ego than a sophisticated wife of high profile power attorney.  Another woman that looks so pretty when she keeps it simple.

Kyle and Dorit both look silly, like maidens at a renaissance festival for former beauty queens.  Dorit seems familiar...she reminds me, looks wise, of a cross of Alicia Silverstone-Heather Graham, or someone else...

Lisa Rinna's dress is pretty but yes an odd length for her. If it hit just below the knee or just above would be perfect.  I like her more simple style.  

Out of all these shows, I think the New York ladies tend to look the best.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

I agree with your style critiques of the ladies!  Don't they have piles of money and access to the best beauty advice?!!  Yikes.  I agree with those who have said LVP needs an make-under.  She is so beautiful and looks her best when she's at home in jeans IMO.  First season...yes I know that was a few years ago, but she was stunning.  I think when she started messing with her lower lip it took away from her instead of enhancing her beauty.  A simpler, slightly shorter hairstyle would make a world of difference.

Eileen is another beautiful woman with no style at all.  She is out of place outside of Malibu.  What is the couture version of J.Crew?!  That is what Eileen needs and to stay away from her Gunsmoke/Saloon and biker/80s cutesy girl or Dynasty-esque mashup attire of choice. Her style choices just baffle me and bring out my OCD.  Erika is always over the top and more like her alter ego than a sophisticated wife of high profile power attorney.  Another woman that looks so pretty when she keeps it simple.

Kyle and Dorit both look silly, like maidens at a renaissance festival for former beauty queens.  Dorit seems familiar...she reminds me, looks wise, of a cross of Alicia Silverstone-Heather Graham, or someone else...

Lisa Rinna's dress is pretty but yes an odd length for her. If it hit just below the knee or just above would be perfect.  I like her more simple style.  

Out of all these shows, I think the New York ladies tend to look the best.

Some of the ladies dresses verged on looking like lingerie, Kyle and Dermit raise your hands.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I kind of have to side with Kim on this one:  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/12/05/kim-richards-says-sober-life-amazing-blames-lisa-rinna-starting-drama-rhobh/  Rinna continues to use Kim's alcoholism as a plot line.

Does Rinna do this to keep eyes off of her family and on someone else? We really haven't seen much "real life" from Rinna, what we have seen always feels/looks staged for the cameras and not a real depiction of her life/family.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Does Rinna do this to keep eyes off of her family and on someone else? We really haven't seen much "real life" from Rinna, what we have seen always feels/looks staged for the cameras and not a real depiction of her life/family.

Rinna is one note-she was given a gift when Kim was kicking her in the car and she will play that out until the end of time.  It took Rinna  five season to get RHOBH and I think Andy first instinct was correct-too much of an actress.  I never really bought her wine glass smash in Amsterdam and her LVP  manipulated her into saying Munchausen's Syndrome.  I do believe Kyle has cut her out of the loop and she is desperate to get back in.  She went too far last year at the Reunion-even her husband disputed her account of the details of her birthday dinner.  Because she just made shit up to go after LVP.  I usually think LVP holds a grudge but what Rinna did last year to LVP was unconscionable.   She can stomp out and claim all these notorious LVP things but the reality was Rinna was pissed off at Yolanda and decided to blame LVP for her "hatred" of Yolanda. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I kind of have to side with Kim on this one:  http://www.realitytea.com/2016/12/05/kim-richards-says-sober-life-amazing-blames-lisa-rinna-starting-drama-rhobh/  Rinna continues to use Kim's alcoholism as a plot line.

To be on Kim's side I would first have to buy that she is clean and sober. I don't. She has been quite angry and vindictive when she does not appear to be drinking.  Rinna is a dog with a bid juicy bone here and I hope she chews it for all it's worth, plotline or not. I will watch it.

• Love 13

Erika was just on The Young and the Restless! She was good! Lol. Eileen bumps into her with a full cup of coffee and it goes all over Erika's white jacket. Of course, she is outraged and they verbally go after each other. Quite entertaining.

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, thewhiteowl said:

To be on Kim's side I would first have to buy that she is clean and sober. I don't. She has been quite angry and vindictive when she does not appear to be drinking.  Rinna is a dog with a bid juicy bone here and I hope she chews it for all it's worth, plotline or not. I will watch it.

It would be nice to think Kim is clean and sober, but I believe from what she has said in the past she imbibes with pot, pain killers, anti-anxiety drugs and just a little wine.  She has always been bitchy and entitled.  I will be watching as well. Fingers crossed Rinna covers a lot of territory if she is going in.  Dog bites, rumors about Harry and arrests.

I do feel for Rinna to a certain degree because she and Kyle had been friends for years and, let's call it Rinna's persistence has cause a big gaping hole in their friendship.  I guess the sober sister either weighs the harm in associating with a public critic of the drunk sister or worries what else will Rinna delve into.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Erika was just on The Young and the Restless! She was good! Lol. Eileen bumps into her with a full cup of coffee and it goes all over Erika's white jacket. Of course, she is outraged and they verbally go after each other. Quite entertaining.

• Love 5
On 12/5/2016 at 8:05 PM, zoeysmom said:

On 12/5/2016 at 8:15 PM, WireWrap said:

On 12/15/2016 at 4:10 PM, zoeysmom said:

It would be nice to think Kim is clean and sober, but I believe from what she has said in the past she imbibes with pot, pain killers, anti-anxiety drugs and just a little wine.  She has always been bitchy and entitled. 

I do feel for Rinna to a certain degree because she and Kyle had been friends for years and, let's call it Rinna's persistence has cause a big gaping hole in their friendship.  I guess the sober sister either weighs the harm in associating with a public critic of the drunk sister or worries what else will Rinna delve into.

Rinna, to me, has been a big reason the show is harder to watch. She zeroes in on a wrongdoing or a perceived insult/slight/"manipulation" and she builds her entire season around it. Between that and her shoulder-rolling guffawing when she makes a "joke" I cringe during her talking heads. I don't want to see her latch on to Kim again this season.

For that matter I really don't want to see Kim this season. She is either so deep in denial or so invested in covering up her real life she is unwatchable. I don't know that alcoholism is the heart of the issue; I think her biggest problems are depression and mixing pills. Why would a 50 year old woman who's been acting since she was a kid suddenly decide to get a nose job? All those fab prescription drugs. Stuff like watching her pretend she didn't know what Monty had "given" her is too much if they're not going to show resolution. And I don't know if Kyle has a really hard blindness when it comes to her family or if she always wants to be perceived as the "good" sister. Saying the show saved Kim? I don't see it. I even thought the UK wedding stuff was odd. Your husband's not invited? I don't know many women who seem so happy with their marriages but let their siblings interfere so much.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Rinna, to me, has been a big reason the show is harder to watch. She zeroes in on a wrongdoing or a perceived insult/slight/"manipulation" and she builds her entire season around it.

This, to me describes Eileen more than Rinna but I see where it could be applied.

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

This, to me describes Eileen more than Rinna but I see where it could be applied.

I agree.  Eileen runs with a perceived insult for episodes on end.  Rinna is no slouch but does not get the award.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, thewhiteowl said:

Eileen is definitely thin skinned.  They have now done all they can to show Eileen working on The Young and The Restless, her grieving another death in the family.  She reminds me a little of Adrienne, she is just reduced her role to defender of others' slights and how she can apply them to her.  Wonder how her marriage is going with Vinnie?  Usually a sympathizer works an angle because things aren't so rosy at home. 

Rinna however is still carrying the addiction torch so she may have a season over Eileen on keeping an already over litigated topic going. 

Spoiler

As luck would have it Rinna found another addict to bring on board.  I couldn't finish this interview with the new lady Eden Sasson.  She definitely needs to look up the word celebrity. http://thetomorrowshow.com/2016/12/06/74-eden-sassoon/

• Love 2