Type keyword(s) to search

Shameless Fame Whores: Sister Wives in the Media

• Start Topic

Just heard of this MLM myself. Since I live in Silicon Valley I'm hazarding a guess that's why I hadn't heard of LLR before, since this isn't really the kind of style we see around these parts other than for cute PJs. 

Apparently Meri hasn't even received any inventory yet, she's just onboarded, or in the queue to receive what sounds like a "grab bag" of items. 

By "grab bag" I mean like those retailers who put a bunch of items in a bag and sell the bag for a set price. Or like the Bark Boxes you see - there might be a couple good/hot items but a lot of stuff that you can't or won't use. 

I've looked at photos of the clothes - definitely not my style and certainly could not wear to work. but that's just me...

• Love 1
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

've looked at photos of the clothes - definitely not my style and certainly could not wear to work. but that's just me...

I don't think it is "just you"...I wouldn't wear most of those clothes to paint a room in my house!

• Love 2

Is there a reason they all feel they are above getting a real job?  Like the rest of us monogamous peons do?  Just curious...

1. Because they are polygamists they are special snowflakes who wouldn't stoop low enough to have real jobs.
  2. Because they are polygamists they are owed living a lifestyle that consists of taking and no giving.
  3. Because they are polygamists they need to have unlimited time for filming all of the fascinating aspects of polygamy for their millions of adoring fans.
  4. Because they are polygamists they need all available hours in the day to hone their interpersonal gifting skills.
  5. Because they are polygamists their "job" is to sell this highly desirable lifestyle to the uneducated masses.
  6. Because they are polygamists they spend many hours filing for food stamps, exemptions, and bankruptcies.
  7. Because they are polygamists you are persecuting them to even think that they should be socially, morally, or ethically responsible.
  8. Because they are polygamists and you are a monogamist, you simply don't understand.
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
  1. Because they are polygamists they are special snowflakes who wouldn't stoop low enough to have real jobs.
  2. Because they are polygamists they are owed living a lifestyle that consists of taking and no giving.
  3. Because they are polygamists they need to have unlimited time for filming all of the fascinating aspects of polygamy for their millions of adoring fans.
  4. Because they are polygamists they need all available hours in the day to hone their interpersonal gifting skills.
  5. Because they are polygamists their "job" is to sell this highly desirable lifestyle to the uneducated masses.
  6. Because they are polygamists they spend many hours filing for food stamps, exemptions, and bankruptcies.
  7. Because they are polygamists you are persecuting them to even think that they should be socially, morally, or ethically responsible.
  8. Because they are polygamists and you are a monogamist, you simply don't understand.

9.  Because they are polygamists many hours must be devoted to parties,  cardboard boats to paint, birthdays, stupid dances and commitment ceremonies.  As a monogamist, your head would be spinning so you just don't understand.  Those lights don't hang themselves and they have Costco corn cans to paint!

10.  As a polygamist many hours must be devoted to kody' s hair.  He has to keep FOUR wives happy.

Whew.  I'm out of breath just thinking about it.

Edited by toodles
I forgot about the boats that took a week.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

1 hour ago, toodles said:

9.  Because they are polygamists many hours must be devoted to parties,  cardboard boats to paint, birthdays, stupid dances and commitment ceremonies.  As a monogamous, your head would be spinning so you just don't understand.  Those lights don't hang themselves and they have Costco corn cans to paint!

10.  As a polygamist many hours must be devoted to kody' s hair.  He has to keep FOUR wives happy.

Whew.  I'm out of breath just thinking about it.

#s 8 and 9 brought me back to reality.... Thanks, guys!!  

*** my head hurts from rolling my eyes so much ***

• Love 2

Not about the Brown family but I have seen postings around the internet for polygamist couples (posted sometime this year).

NOW CASTING:

A major Cable Production Company is currently seeking Polygamist couples seeking a new wife/wives. 

Are you a married Polygamist looking to find your second, third, fourth or even fifth wife?
If so, please email our Casting Producer at stephanietorres@highnoontv.com right away!

Stephanie's linked in page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephanie-torres-06326a50

High Noon TV seem to do shows with TLC, Discovery, etc. http://www.highnoontv.com/shows-2/

I'm not sure why they are looking for someone who is seeking a new wife/wives. Kody's courtship and marriage to Robyn didn't go over too well with many of the Sister Wives viewers. Also, I would like to know why they are stuck on polygyny (one guy, multiple women) and not try out polyandrous (one woman, multiple husbands) or a polyamorous (multiple spouses) family.

Came across the Colliers facebook page (they were on Sister Wives). Looks like they *might* be working on something: https://www.facebook.com/plyglife

Edited by Rainflower
  • Love 1

That Collier family skeeved me out.  That guy was just creepy.  No way would I watch them.  I didn't watch my five wives either.  

I agree with Rainflower.  If polygamy is the best you've got, try something else.  A polygamous family might be interesting.

It sounds like the browns are done to me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, drafan said:

I looked up that horrendous clothing line just for fun. There is menswear!!!! I hope they have another season so we can see Kody rockin' the pink bermudas!!!

I'm not sure another season is worth it.  :-)

• Love 3

Looks like My Sister Wives Closet is back in action, folks. So money making schemes by the Brownies:

• My sister wives closet -Robyn
  • LulaRoe -Meri
  • Strive with Janelle -Janelle
  • LIV -Kody

Boy those Brownies will be billionaires soon!

Is Christine still claiming to be the stay at home mom? Is she standing in the Las Vegas government assistant line hoping to get her single (yet oh so married) hands on food stamps? Will she come up with her own little get rich quick scheme? Only time will tell.

Also, what is Mindy doing. I know she is Robyn's in house babysitter but does she work? At least Christine mom tries to earn her keep by selling those purses on Robyn's website.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I don't know if I have the strength to hate-watch another boring season. But now we know why Janelle and Meri are trying out the new businesses.

Yep--gotta create some FU internets footage for the cameras. More phony-baloney bullshit. The show gives them an audience, and if they shill their schemes businesses on the show they think it will funnel buyers to the business. Because it worked so phenomenally with MSWC. Grifters.

• Love 1

I will hate watch and report back.  I'm patiently waiting for:

A: Robyn to get pregnant again and act like it was a surprise/say that it's twins/proclaim that it's the last one

B: One of the sister wives to talk about leaving/losing weight/going back to college, only never actually doing so

C: Kody to "joke" about taking a 5th wife, to gauge the reactions from his current "wives"

D: for Kody to lose even more of his hair

E: to see what kind of awesome decorations Meri and Janelle come up with for this year's Thanksgiving (which will probably air sometime around next Easter)

F: to see what the Wet Bar of Tears is up to.

I'm on it.

• Love 12

I will hate watch and report back.

Be sure to keep some brain bleach handy.  And deepest gratitude for taking one for the team.  I've got your back as long as I don't have to actually see any of the Brown Clowns.

• Love 1

Well Browns coming back is interesting.  When I was at that STRIVE thing a month or so ago, there was a camera filming that looked professional, but it didn't look like a TLC camera.  What do I know, but...

The camera was in the middle aisle and just filmed the stage.  The whole setup was amateur hour from start to finish.  It took forever to get the power point presentation to work and there were no producers or anything to indicate TLC was filming.  Maybe they will use some of the footage on the show.  I can't see the Brown famewhores missing a chance to plug this stupid business.  

If I'm on TLC, I'll certainly let you know.  

• Love 4

Wow, the Browns must be doing a conga line of joy throughout the cul-de-sac .... if they can get their case in front of the Supreme Court, they will be quite the center of attention. 

I think it would be hysterical if the outcome of the Brown family going public with their lifestyle and fighting it out in court would be to bring down the very institution they were hoping to legitimize.  As it stands now, they are being left alone.  If they lose, who knows what the state of Utah or Nevada decide to do. haha

• Love 4

They're back! 

The trailer is full of so many favorites. Meri pretending she cares about being friends with the other Sister Wives. Kody trying to control who and when the kids marry. Robyn sobbing dramatically while clutching new BFF Christine. 

But it does look like they delve into the catfish quite a bit more including a conversation with Mariah that Kody later admits probably should not have been filmed. Mariah says she told Meri for months that she was being catfished. Yikes. 

http://people.com/tv/sister-wives-inside-new-season-of-family-disputes-sisterly-rivalry-and-moving-past-the-catfishing-scandal/?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

• Love 2

Kody's hair looks a little bit more conditioned in a couple of the scenes.  But I need to see the WHOLE scene where he almost takes responsibility for Meri being in a position to be catfished.  He never takes responsibility for anything.

• Love 2

Best of the article:

The family retreats to a remote lodge, high in the mountains of Utah--hoping that the high mountain air will bring the family to its senses.

Find out if it does when Sister Wives return to TLC for two-hour episodes Sunday November, 27th at 8/7c!

The family retreats to a remote lodge, high in the mountains of Utah--hoping that the high mountain air will bring the family to its senses.

They only have half a dozen brain cells between them.  Not sure the lack of oxygen at high altitude will enhance anything.  You can't cure stupid.

• Love 6

Nope, it does not sound interesting.

If forum comments indicate otherwise I will watch but I am contented to read about them here.  I am really tired of them. 

Now if Meri has woken up and is on her way out of the compound then I will watch!

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They only have half a dozen brain cells between them.  Not sure the lack of oxygen at high altitude will enhance anything.  You can't cure stupid.

You can't cure stupid is right.  And I would add you can't cure famewhore.  They have both in spades.

• Love 4

Upcoming 

1) Maddie's Wedding - no interest
2) Mariah Open Up - couldn't care less
3) Mykelti's Engagement - yawn
4) Meri Confronting Catfishing - old news
5) Family Retreat - no way 

Guess I will be ignoring all of this drivel.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Upcoming 

1) Maddie's Wedding - no interest
2) Mariah Open Up - couldn't care less
3) Mykelti's Engagement - yawn
4) Meri Confronting Catfishing - old news
5) Family Retreat - no way 

Guess I will be ignoring all of this drivel.

I don't watch, but I thought all this was covered last season??

• Love 2
19 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Didn't we already see Madison's wedding?

Seriously, I feel like we saw the reception already at the end of last season. Did she have a shower AFTER the wedding?

Also, I so appreciate Mariah being honest about what went down. Of all the talking heads about that sequence of events, she's been the only one willing to call a spade a spade and be real about the fact that catfish or not, this was infidelity. Shocked that Kody is actually taking some blame for it--but I imagine that's only with Mariah and not with Meri.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I must have a screw loose because I am looking forward to this.  The only thing that would make it better would be if they were snowed in by a gigantic blizzard and were forced to share a kitchen for a couple of weeks.

• Love 4

But didn't they basically already do this storyline (minus blizzard) the year they all went to a cabin for Christmas?  

ETA:  That's not a judgment on your enthusiasm, laurakaye.  It's just interesting to me that they apparently have so little going on that they have to recycle this particular plot.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
Clarification
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

But didn't they basically already do this storyline (minus blizzard) the year they all went to a cabin for Christmas?  

ETA:  That's not a judgment on your enthusiasm, laurakaye.  It's just interesting to me that they apparently have so little going on that they have to recycle this particular plot.

I find it interesting that in order to fix things in their happy little polygamist family, they need to do so in a cabin in the mountains.  Most people, when they have family issues, have to solve them around the kitchen table or something.  The fact that they need a vacation to sort out this twisted mess of a marriage is hilarious.

• Love 3