Type keyword(s) to search

Peaky Blinders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, lazylou said:

Did anyone besides me think the Marlon Brando/Don Corleone accent Brody adopted was a hoot? 

I can only speak for myself, but I hated the accent. It was way too over the top for my tastes and ruined the character for me.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, HollyG said:

I can only speak for myself, but I hated the accent. It was way too over the top for my tastes and ruined the character for me.

Actually, I agree.  Changretta seemed like a joke.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, lazylou said:

At the end Jessie  seems to realize she has been used ... the camera catches a surprised look on her face when she sees Lizzie at the end walking out with Tom and the baby.  But do we know for sure that he has married Lizzie?  As someone noted earlier, he would not be the first MP with an illegitimate child.  After all, he is a known gangster and I doubt those who voted for him would imagine he was a faithful husband and family man in the traditional sense.  

I thought her look was off Lizzie giving her the stink eye as they went down the stairs. It was clear Lizzie was with Tommy, and Jesse was behind them. I think Lizzie gave Jesse the look to say "he's my HUSBAND now" or whatever. 

I rewatched the final couple of episodes last night.  I did not mind the Marlon Brando imitation so much the second time around, but I have a new question: What happened to the Solomons operation that Changretta took over, and that of the London Italians?  I still don't believe the miraculous solution to the vendetta, nor do I believe the Peaky Blinders would (really) agree to turn over everything to the Changrettas after Arthur's apparent death.  The lack of negotiation hints that Tom has a plan...so that part did not bother me the first time through the episode...but I still do not buy the solution. Even so, I think this has been a great series and I look forward to the fifth season in 2019.

When we didn’t see Tommy saying “in the bleak midwinter” to Arthur’s corpse, it pretty much confirmed for me that he wasn’t really dead. I also didn’t think they would really kill both of Tommy’s main brothers in the same season. I was worried for Ada when she stayed in that bathroom, however. 

I found most of the finale to be oddly paced. 

• Love 2
On 1/1/2018 at 4:25 PM, HollyG said:

The accent bothered me because it was inaccurate. The Changretta's had lived in Birmingham since Arthur was young enough for the mother to be his art teacher. So most of Luca's childhood would have been spent there. Luca should have had a Brummie accent.   Or even an accent like Sabini's which mixed Cockney cadence with Italian intonation. In any case the Brooklyn accent doesn't make any sense except as an affection he picked up to blend in.

I was also thinking the other day the Union storyline would have worked better with Ada going undercover instead of Tommy. The tension between her and Major and her principles would have been more interesting to watch. Tommy could have coached her and fretted and railed at the army man and we could have seen more of Ada and Tomm'y relationship. If nothing else it wouldn't have felt like a poor replay of Grace.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, lonestar said:

Adrian Brody is making this almost unwatchable.  He seems to be doing a bad impression of Marlon Brando's Don Corleone.  Halfway through the next episode and he needs to be dead and soon.

I thought the same thing. It's not just the accent either. It's the sound of his voice, his pronunciation, etc. I found it really distracting.

• Love 7
On 1/1/2018 at 6:56 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

First of all, never trust Tommy Carcetti! Secondly, never trust Littlefinger! Thirdly, even if you don’t know how shady Carcetto and Littlefinger are, never trust someone named Aberama Gold! Lastly,  how can you ever fully trust someone who you hire to kill for you? All it would take is for your enemy to pay them more. 

Awwww, John. I don’t blame Esme for getting her kids the fuck away from the Shelbys. 

Did she take all of the kids with her? IIRC, the eldest two or three were her stepchildren. 

On 1/1/2018 at 5:25 PM, HollyG said:

On 1/1/2018 at 1:44 PM, lazylou said:

Did anyone besides me think the Marlon Brando/Don Corleone accent Brody adopted was a hoot? 

I can only speak for myself, but I hated the accent. It was way too over the top for my tastes and ruined the character for me

I found it annoying and it seemed like the entire portrayal was more like a caricature. Kind of lazy acting, if you ask me.

I was surprised to see Little Finger in this. I’ve enjoyed Aiden Gillen since his role in The Wire. 

• Love 4

I thought it was awful and made those scenes almost unwatchable.  At least we won't ever have to hear it again.

• Love 3

Yeah, Adrian Brody's performance is sticking out like a fake sore thumb amongst the usual authenticity of this show.  The accent, the hair, his mannerisms, even his posture just scream "LOOK!  LOOK I'M IN THE MAFIA!".

And thank the lord Polly snapped out of it because she was working my last nerve being the peanut gallery every time Tommy spoke.

And I'm glad everyone is back in Peaky Blinders gear - those beginning scenes with Arthur and his shaggy hair and Tommy in that WTF haircut, glasses, and bowler hat did not work for me.

On to episode three!

• Love 3

In many ways, I thought the season was great.  But another problem for me was that outdoor scenes often showed trees fully leafed out...meanwhile, it was supposed to be Christmas or maybe, later in the season, early spring.  If they had to begin filming in March, why did they not change the script to match?  I don't know.  Maybe trees do not loose their leaves in England; some of the shrubs did appear to be broad leaf evergreens, but I also noticed a number of clearly deciduous trees.  And, though I love the period costuming, sometimes the women appeared inadequately dressed for winter weather.

Apparently the Brummie accent is difficult; Adrien Brody could just have gone with an American accent...just as we Americans cannot tell when the actors are successfully pulling off the Brummie accent, I doubt Brits heard the Brooklyn in Brody's rasp.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, mledawn said:

Lizzie does mean something to Tommy, he cares about her, but the marriage does seem for show. Lizzie is also not going to be so passive about Tommy's escapades with other women now that she is married. Clearly they're setting that up to be conflict

Oh no doubt, there is little to no chance for a happy marriage between Tommy and Lizzie. He may have gained some respect for her over the years since she proved herself as a part of his company, but I don't see the type of respect for her that he had for Grace, May, and probably Greta. I think Lizzie is going to regret having finally caught him, once she realizes that he probably doesn't take their marriage that seriously or see her as a true equal. If it goes that route hopefully she will put her foot down, let go of her adoration for him, and leave him.

Adrien Brody was pretty great for the little screen time he had, but yeah, his accent bugged me because it didn't make a lick of sense. His mom was British, and apparently he grew up to adulthood in England/Birmingham. So exactly how did he gain a New York accent? Steve Knight doesn't get how accents work, apparently. It would've made more sense if, say, he was his father's son from a previous marriage who grew up in NY or a nephew.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

but I don't see the type of respect for her that he had for Grace, May, and probably Greta.

Definitely agree about Grace & May. 

I'm can't recall a Greta though and couldn't find the character on the Peaky Blinders Wikipedia page. Do you mean Jessie?

2 hours ago, Stella said:

Definitely agree about Grace & May. 

I'm can't recall a Greta though and couldn't find the character on the Peaky Blinders Wikipedia page. Do you mean Jessie?

We just learned about her this season, through Jessie. She was Tommy's girlfriend when he was young, before the war. She died before he left for the war. Considering how affected Tommy was by bringing her up (he pretty much used Lizzie as a stand in right after, getting her pregnant) he felt pretty deeply about her. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

We just learned about her this season, through Jessie. She was Tommy's girlfriend when he was young, before the war. She died before he left for the war. Considering how affected Tommy was by bringing her up (he pretty much used Lizzie as a stand in right after, getting her pregnant) he felt pretty deeply about her. 

Thank you for reminding me about her! Yes he certainly seemed to sincerely care for her.

On 1/7/2018 at 11:34 AM, HeySandyStrange said:

Oh no doubt, there is little to no chance for a happy marriage between Tommy and Lizzie. He may have gained some respect for her over the years since she proved herself as a part of his company, but I don't see the type of respect for her that he had for Grace, May, and probably Greta. I think Lizzie is going to regret having finally caught him, once she realizes that he probably doesn't take their marriage that seriously or see her as a true equal. If it goes that route hopefully she will put her foot down, let go of her adoration for him, and leave him.

The thing is I think Lizzie could be happy with Tommy if she just accepted what he has to give rather than wishing for something Tommy really isn't capable of. I really think that's what it is more than anything else its not that Tommy doesn't appreciate Lizzie or even really jerks her around.   He's always been pretty clear about how he feels about Lizzie even when it wasn't pretty.  Lizzie wants what he had with Grace and I think that Tommy gone. Part of him died with Grace and I don't know if he would let himself feel that way about anyone again. Or even if he could if he tried. I actually think Tommy does respect Lizzie as an equal, he less guarded with her than anyone and he confides in her more than anyone except Pol. I just feel sometimes like it more a case where Lizzie wants Tommy to be someone who doesn't exist than manipulative Tommy jerking poor Lizzie around. In all seriousness if Lizzie wanted to get away from Tommy I really don't think he would stop her so she isn't innocent in perpetuating this cycle their stuck in. Like all relationships it takes two and Lizzie holds more cards than she gives herself credit for. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Emily Thrace said:

I just feel sometimes like it more a case where Lizzie wants Tommy to be someone who doesn't exist than manipulative Tommy jerking poor Lizzie around. In all seriousness if Lizzie wanted to get away from Tommy I really don't think he would stop her so she isn't innocent in perpetuating this cycle their stuck in. Like all relationships it takes two and Lizzie holds more cards than she gives herself credit for. 

Oh I agree with your assessment of Tommy and Lizzie's relationship. For someone who had a tough start in life and probably saw some of the worst of humanity as a prostitute, Lizzie has been very starry eyed and naïve about Tommy. Or at least she is in some serious denial about him or is willfully ignorant. It is frustrating because Lizzie as a character has really done well for herself on her own merits and doesn't actually need Tommy or anyone, but she can't seem to stop trailing after him, no matter how obvious it is to her and everyone else that he just isn't that into her and will never consider her even remotely close to Grace. Like Linda said, she won the raffle and that's about it.

• Love 3
On 11/29/2017 at 11:56 PM, Emily Thrace said:

Arthur covered in paint and shooting Italians was awesome and amazing to look at.

Yes, this show is visually stunning. And I love the anachronistic music.  And I love the bizarro way all the Shelby men walk, with the arms held away from their bodies like they're western gunfighters set to draw from their holsters at any second.  I'm loving almost everything this season.  The main flaw is Adrain Brody preening for the camera and mimicking Marlon Brando's accent from The Godfather.  WTF?  I cannot begin to imagine how that was allowed to happen.

I'm also not a fan of Petyr "Littlefinger" Balish from Game of thrones turning up in a bad wig.  What IS that accent he is doing?  It's the same in both shows.  I'm going to have to go with the assumption that that is how Aidan Gillen actually speaks.  Interestingly, he did a credible Baltimore accent on "The Wire" (no small accomplishment) so we know he CAN do accents but apparently for this role he's choosing not to do one.  It's a problem for me because his voice & accent are so distinctive that I can't NOT hear Petyr Balish.  I didn't even realize it was the same actor until he opened his mouth (the bad wig masked his identity for me) but as soon as he began to speak I recognized him.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1
On 12/8/2017 at 4:15 PM, mledawn said:

Tom Brady is fucking genius in this.

I think you mean Tom Hardy (Tom Brady is a football player) :)   And yes he is fucking amazing.  I was afraid we weren't going to see Alfie Solomons at all this season so I'm delighted.  I just love the constantly shifting alliances between the various "tribes" depicted in this show and the manner in which each is depicted as looking down on the others.

• Love 1
On 1/1/2018 at 9:35 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Tommy hasn't been in love with anyone since Grace died so I assumed that he would offer to marry Lizzie to make his kid seem respectable.

Not to defend Tommy but being his wife has not turned out to be good for a woman's health.  Tommy offering to set Lizzie up with an allowance and a house is, presumably, "doing the right thing" in his milieu.  And NOT being married to his child's mother means that the child's parentage might remain unknown to outsiders, making for a safer childhood (while insiders would know who was the baby-daddy and treat the kid accordingly in the demimonde in which he will be brought up.)

On 12/15/2017 at 6:48 PM, snowwhyte said:

I was less keen on Polly and Gold because there is something off about him. 

Oh god yes.  I knew that knife was going to come into play in a threatening fashion at some point -- I'm just glad it was Polly wielding it.  But yeah there is something about, Aberama Gold is that is definitely "off" .  I'd fear that he is going to flip sides were it not for the fact that I cannot imagine a Gypsy siding with the Italian Mafia against another Gypsy.  It seems to me that would be an unforgivable act within their community.  In a related note -- that pissing contest he got into with Tommy in the first episode (where he demanded to buy out one of the businesses under Tommy's control and Tommy offered to flip a coin for the business versus Tommy sleeping with Gold's daughter ) -- well that show-down was a thing of beauty.  Wanna-be alpha dog vs. the real alpha dog.

Tom Hardy continues to be a delight.  Now HE totally could flip.  He's only really loyal to his own tribe.  But his acting is so brilliant and his character is so devious, I really have no idea what he's up to.  

I'm certain that Tommy is just playing that union organizer -- mostly because I expect Tommy to back the right horse and I know the Communists never did overthrow the government of Great Britain.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 1
On 1/3/2018 at 2:28 AM, InsertWordHere said:

I found most of the finale to be oddly paced. 

Me too.  It was a veritable roller coaster.  But for the most part I enjoyed it.  I appreciate that the major loose ends were wrapped up (Solomon needed to answer for letting those two Chicago hoods nearly kill Arthur so I was grateful for the beach scene). I'll assume that Solomon's businesses ended up in Capone's hands as payment for the dispatching of vendetta guy.  Tommy's inability to take a vacation was a nice call-back to the PTSD that was plaguing many of the characters including Tommy and Arthur in season 1.  And Tommy manipulating the government into paying him for his undercover work with MP position -- (yeah I know he was elected but strings were pulled to make him the Labour Party candidate) -- well that was exactly in keeping with Tommy's inexorable rise in the "legit" world throughout this series.

All in all -- a fine season.  I look forward to the next.

In a related note -- I was amused to hear the song "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" kick in because it was also used to great effect in season 3 of Outlander. 

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, WatchrTina said:

I think you mean Tom Hardy (Tom Brady is a football player) :)   And yes he is fucking amazing.  I was afraid we weren't going to see Alfie Solomons at all this season so I'm delighted.  I just love the constantly shifting alliances between the various "tribes" depicted in this show and the manner in which each is depicted as looking down on the others.

Pahahaha, yes of course Tom Hardy. Ugh, Tom Brady - what a way to lix my metters!!

Just finished season two, way behind on the show, and not disappointed. 

Although I knew :

One of those men were going to shoot the other two and not Tommy and........

Grace was going to end up pregnant after she slept with Tommy and told that story about having trouble getting pregnant with her husband

I kind of hope Campbell somehow survives and just keeps getting shot by a new woman he screws over at the end of every season.  Two years in a row now. 

• Love 1

I was also thinking the other day the Union storyline would have worked better with Ada going undercover instead of Tommy. The tension between her and Major and her principles would have been more interesting to watch. Tommy could have coached her and fretted and railed at the army man and we could have seen more of Ada and Tomm'y relationship. If nothing else it wouldn't have felt like a poor replay of Grace.

I like that, but it would probably still have been a replay of Grace, only this time with Ada in Grace's role as the undercover likely falling for her target.

As someone said above, the Jessie Eden story kind of went nowhere. So I'm wondering if they're setting up a replay of Grace there, only where last time Tommy was the target and the woman was playing him, this time she's the target and Tommy's playing her. Naturally, that will only make for good drama if Tommy falls in love with Jessie. In that case, he would be conflicted about his actions all season, and the reveal that he's playing her would cause terrible pain to both of them. On the other hand, if he doesn't love her, so that a reveal of his betrayal only hurts Jessie, and Tommy isn't much moved by it... why should I care? The more Tommy cuts himself off emotionally from everyone, the less invested I am.

I wondered why the show brought May back this season for one episode. I loved her when she was on the show a couple of years ago. And she is a kind of mirror for Tommy in that she's a very wealthy and lonely widow rattling round a big old mansion, much like him. But this year it seemed that she was brought back just so that Tommy could reject her entire (upper) class, in the same season that he was reminded by Jessie of the young, poor, working-class idealist he was before the war, as well as of the first woman he loved. I hope that's going somewhere. And my best guess as to where it's going is that it shows us what else he sees in Jessie.

Edited by Kirsty
On 1/13/2018 at 5:19 PM, WatchrTina said:

I'm also not a fan of Petyr "Littlefinger" Balish from Game of thrones turning up in a bad wig.  What IS that accent he is doing?  It's the same in both shows.  I'm going to have to go with the assumption that that is how Aidan Gillen actually speaks.  Interestingly, he did a credible Baltimore accent on "The Wire" (no small accomplishment) so we know he CAN do accents but apparently for this role he's choosing not to do one.  It's a problem for me because his voice & accent are so distinctive that I can't NOT hear Petyr Balish.  I didn't even realize it was the same actor until he opened his mouth (the bad wig masked his identity for me) but as soon as he began to speak I recognized him.

Same for me, I didn't recognize him until he started speaking and now it keeps taking me out of the show.

• Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 7:48 PM, snowwhyte said:

Maybe I'm a romantic but I thought Ada and the dashing army colonel had some sparks. I was less keen on Polly and Gold because there is something off about him. 

Poor Lizzie always seems to be hoping that Tommy will see her differently but it doesn't look like he'll choose her even with a baby.  He's already on to his next conquest although I think he and Jessie Eden are both playing each other to varying degrees.

Agree that the soldier and ada had some sparks.. But could she really date another army fella.. And he's an officer not a grunt like her first husband.. Would be interesting.. I mean race hasnt ever really come up on the show and I know England wasnt America.. But it's still like 1926 I think... Seeing them together I'm sure would be a thing... 

• Love 1
On 8/27/2017 at 8:30 PM, Litnit said:

Like many people here, I just gave up on the plot and enjoyed the scenery. The British government funding the Royalists made sense (communist threat and all that) but I completely lost the thread of who the hell the Economic League was. The pedo priest was a caricature.

I thought they were just upset to see the British Army uniforms what with the relations between the Irish and the British army?

Poor Arthur. I felt so bad for him trying to get out and being dragged back in over and over. 

The ending was ridiculous. Was Tommy just pretending to pay them out to buy time until the authorities showed up? That part didn't make much sense to me. 

Totally agree with whoever said the chemistry between Murphy and Hardy was amazing. Could they maybe wrestle each other or something next season? There were a couple of times I thought I was listening to Bane when Alfie was talking but I guess that's just Hardy's voice. I still loved all his scenes, including the one where he calls Tommy out for his hypocrisy about "the line". The scene in the vault was great too. 

Regardless of some of the weaknesses, I could stare at these people for hours. 

Yesssss. I love every one of the Shelby boys, and Hardy too--even when he's chewing scenery there's something about his voice and manner. The mood and feel of this show reminds me so much of Sons of Anarchy, which is a top 3 show of all time for me. Honestly if the show consisted soley of the Shelby boys walking around in slo mo to cool music, I'd still watch it.

• Love 3

LOL, I came here for no other reason than to complain about Adrian Brody's fugazi Mafioso.   I was wondering if there was some SAG rule that dictates Mafia-types must ape the Godfather.   He reminded me of Silvio Dante from the Sopranos doing his Al Pacino impressions.

Nice to see Littlefinger land on his feet.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Changretta's accent was as phony as Littlefinger's hair.

The whole Aberama Gold (sounds like something you smoke) storyline amounted to a hill of beans.   He was introduced as the enigmatic guy who takes the dirtiest and most dangerous jobs and gets them done.  What did he do?  Staged a failed ambush, boned Pol (or maybe she boned him), and then forgot all about his enforcer role and became a boxing trainer.  From Gold to Goldmill, just like that.   He was a red herring in the vendetta.

The settlement of the vendetta was too rushed, too tidy, too improbable.   Brody's final scene was strictly Hormel.    Now Tommy as an MP?   Ugh.

On 2018-03-30 at 3:18 AM, millennium said:

Now Tommy as an MP?   Ugh.

Tommy as an MP during most other periods in history might not be as interesting. However Tommy is about to be a Romani MP during the rise of facism. There is alot of story to be mined from that. Not just the shows usual shtick of the Peaky boys getting up the noses of snobs but dealing with real hatred and veiwing Tommy as subhuman. It took a long time for Britain to realize what psycho Hitler was Tommy could easily be put in position where he's expected to shake hands with Himmler or someone like him(I doubt TPTB would bring in Hitler himself because of the baggage involved but there are plenty of lower level Nazis who would have dealt with a British MP). That could put Tommy's ambitions in direct conflict with Tommy the "wild gypsy boy" which is something the show hasn't really done before. The Shelbys have dealt with casual racists but Tommy could be put in a position to defend his people on scale we haven't seen before. In fact I can't think of any English language media that has covered the Romani reaction to Hitler which might make this story unique.

There is also the fact that Churchill was both on the political outside during much of this period and formed his own anti-Hitler alliance across party lines. I can see Tommy being a part of something like that. Tommy might even find himself in a position to offer Churchill a deal rather the other way around.

Edited by Emily Thrace
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/6/2015 at 9:36 PM, millennium said:

I was bothered by Neill's Irish accent too.   It reminded me of when American actors try to do a Boston or Maine accent -- it always sounds absurd.  

The Northern Irish accent is very, very hard to pull off. It’s totally different than a “traditional” (Dublin, Galway, Kerry) Irish accent that is usually heard on TV/film.

Sam moved to New Zealand when he was seven years old, so there’s that. I wish there was an organic storyline that would explain and allow him to speak in his own accent because his N. Irish accent is straight up painful to listen to.

Setting aside the need for “star power” for casting, it’s too bad the show runners didn’t cast an actual Northern Irish actor for the role.  I realize Sam brings a huge audience to the show, but the show runners have got to understand that the people who watch it, no matter where we live, are cringing when he opens his mouth. 

My father is from Co. Down (it’s also where the majority of my paternal relatives still reside) and there are times when I cannot understand a single word that comes out of their mouth. At the same time, it’s such a gorgeous accent (in my totally biased opinion) with a lilt and natural melodic rhythm to it that cannot be authentically replicated or imitated. One either grows up speaking with that “accent” or they don’t.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 1

Finally started watching and I just wanted to say that on top of being well written, well produced and acted, the show use of Nick Cave, PJ Harvey, Arctic Monkeys and the likes as soundtrack just cemented my love for it. On to S3-S4, now!

• Love 2

Currently alfway through season 2 on Netflix.  Man, a lot of stuff happens in each episode! I feel full afterwards like I ate a seven course meal.

Going to give my full thoughts after I finish the current four seasons but I have say I was surprised Freddie Thorne died off camera between seasons 1 and 2 but also relieved. He was so annoyingly stubborn. Also, Ada is too good a character to be just a nagging wife.

ETA: Half hour into season 2 episode 5. God, Inspector Campbell is the

tumblr_inline_nfi2iuIDrH1r5j2cb.gif

Edited: So just finished season 3. Man, what a finale. I understand Tommy keeping his family from running(which is NOT the same as turning them in) because he had a plan to get them free but the way he did it was kind of shitty. If he does pull off getting any of them clear I don't think they're going to forgive him for a while.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • LOL 1

Watching now. On season 3. Love the acting, scenery and music but having trouble following the plot. I get the thug gist but the what they're doing for who and when and why is confusing. They go from one war to another and then add in him being under the thumb of the Crown. Too much to follow.

Edited by Lamima
15 hours ago, Lamima said:

Watching now. On season 3. Love the acting, scenery and music but having trouble following the plot. I get the thug gist but the what they're doing for who and when and why is confusing. They go from one war to another and then add in him being under the thumb of the Crown. Too much to follow.

I was the same, the last episode cleared up a lot of confusion for me

https://deadline.com/2019/08/peaky-blinders-season-5-premiere-date-netflix-1202669527/

Season 5 is underway over in the UK. Episode 2 airs tomorrow. It will be on Netflix on Friday, October 4.

I have missed this bunch, especially Polly. Cillian Murphy is just fantastic. I missed Arthur's crazy ass. The premise of this season being after the stock market crash of 1929 is intriguing, along with Tommy now being an MP. I have seen the premiere and

Spoiler

I am curious to know if Ada will keep the baby and if she'll reveal who the father is - he's black. 

So happy this is back. 

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Love 2

Man, I missed this show! 

Spoiler

What an opening. Michael is going to take some shit from Pol and Tommy when he gets back to England. 

I LOVED the Black Sabbath near the start of the episode. They do such a good job of pairing music with the action.

Very much enjoyed Aberama Gold's new haircut, and the stache just keeps him on the fringe.

Re: Ada's baby - isn't there a Black young Peaky who's Finn's age? Isaiah? I wouldn't think it'd be a problem for the family.

Linda is still annoying af, so I guess that's continuity for you...

• Love 4

Woo, so excited this show is back! Honestly, at this point nothing the Shelby family does surprises me.

I totally cracked up at Tommy getting some inadvertent verbal smackdowns from his kids about the horse.

And YEAH for Aunt Polly getting it on with that pilot!

I loved that Finn's main concern after being shot was not getting blood on Ada's stuff because he knew she would be irate if he made a mess.

When someone suggested having the family meetings somewhere else, I thought noooooo! I would miss the bar too much.

• Love 5

No need to add spoiler tags for the current season. I've added a tag to the entire thread that the show is currently not airing in the US. 

Episode 2:

More enemies come out of the woodwork for the Shelbys. Now, we've got the Scots. Don't like that Mosley guy. Arthur is crazy. That landmine scene was brilliant, and Bonnie's killing was so sad. 

I like Gina already.

• Love 2

So Tommy is losing it, he's telling his trusted family he's losing it, but now someone trying to take his crown is a self-fulfilling prophecy: they'll all try to keep the company afloat by plotting behind his back. I hope this is not the case, I love that he trusts Ada, Polly, and Arthur enough to tell them about his dreams.

Michael and the new Mrs Grey (and Linda) are all irritating the shit out of me. Michael didn't even apologise for losing all the damn money.

I didn't understand why Michael lost it on Tommy when Tommy said how the baby was witness to Michael's statements. If Michael was telling the truth, then why get mad? Polly, too.

So sad the boxer kid is dead, and that Johnny Dogs was tuned up by one-armed Abarama. I feared the scarecrow on the cross might have been Finn, so when they set up Bonnie on the cross I hoped maybe they'd just leave him there.

Loved Lizzie coming out with the gun but sad she said "my child" not "these children" or something similar. Poor Charlie.

Edited by mledawn
Arthur's name is not Albert.
  • Like 1
  • Love 5