Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Heartless

I definitely appreciate Abby finally talking her shit and letting the Cranes know their plan to save Henry is dumb as hell. 
Even if Abby doesn't see Hawley in the way he clearly sees here, am I supposed to believe she's THAT oblivious? for real?
I'm going to go ahead and pretend Crane/Abby's conversation in the car was an unspoken, "I'm halfway in love with you but we can't do anything about this right now" from both of them.
If Katrina REALLY thinks Henry has a regular human baby and that baby has nothing to do with Baby Moloch, I'll have to move her from Annoyance, to Too Stupid To Live.
And MANY thanks for shirtless Hawley. I appreciate the abs.

• Love 5

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Abbie got to speak her/our mind.  Someone should do an Abbie eye-roll count.   I think Abbie must've done at least 6.  So now an enchanted Katrina will raise a demon Moloch?  Shoot me in the face. She will need to be rescued again...rinse, wash, repeat.

• Love 5

When did Sleepy Hollow turn into a bad soap opera? So now Katrina is going to go back to Headless? I’m certain only because the writers don’t know what to do with her.

Katrina and Ichabod’s opening scene with the flowery music and 18th century dialogue was too Harlequin for my taste and not at all entertaining.  If Katrina wants to know what else is on TV besides reality shows, why don’t she ask her husband instead of Abbie? Crane has been around long enough to have a general idea about what the TV line up looks like.  Why was she still wearing Abraham’s necklace while with Ichabod?

I cannot believe what they’ve reduced the Horseman of Death to, a love sick idiot, with a head. SMDH

What’s up with Abbie’s hair? For nearly the past year her hair has been hooked up, make up looked great, but tonight she’s back to the just rolled out of bed look. Mind you, she still looked lovely, but why the sudden change?

Why is it that Abbie had to go with Katrina so that she could “protect” her? Isn’t Katrina a powerful witch? Shouldn’t she be able to protect herself?

That said, thank God she finally spoke her mind about the ridiculousness of trying to save Henry’s soul and Katrina sort of came around. Unfortunately, she's not such as skillful of an operative as Crane thinks. How quickly has she forgotten the necklace she wears, how it works and how manipulative Henry can be.

Additionally though she was somewhat useful in this episode, I don’t feel like she added anything. The use she provided wasn’t anything that Crane or even Abbie haven’t managed to do in past episodes, and frankly in this episode with Abbie having to finish the spell to destroy the Succubus’ heart.

Where the hell was Jenny?! Looks like she’s back next week! Can’t wait for that episode.

This episode was just okay. The dynamic of Crane/Katrina/Abbie/Hawley is just not working. Give me back the original OTP Abbie/Crane/Jenny/Irving. They (the latter) worked so much better as a team.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 8

Grrr... My power went out at 9:57.

Where is Jenny? I know we all have been saying it but it's getting more and more glaringly obvious. Corbett had sent her all over the world for supernatural artifacts, and she's an expert. Therefore the only reason to bring on Hawley is for the ridiculous,too-obvious romantic angle.

Also, Katrina did more for the cause this episode than ever before. But, oh no, she's 'much more valuable' infiltrating Chez Abraham.

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 3

This and the last episode have definitely kicked this season into a higher gear. Baby Moloch is creepy as hell (no pun intended) and I'm just anticipating-slash-dreading where that storyline is going to go, because I think it's going to be super twisted and bananas and awesome(ly painful). I don't mind Katrina as much as others do, but I'm glad some real truth bombs got dropped on Ichabod tonight--about Katrina, by his own mind, and about his feelings, by the succubus--and imo it's obvious they're setting Ichabod up to ultimately side with Abbie, the witnesses conquering the discord evil has attempted to sow between them. Can't wait for that showdown!

But: goodness, Abbie could do so.much.better than Hawley. Now he's acting like he's a lovesick fifteen-year-old--ffs, you're a grown man! He's got nice abs and whatever, but the character continues to be really unnecessary and not half as charming as the writers seem to think. And Abbie could do so.much.better. If he hadn't slept with Jenny back in the day, I could maybe get behind a fling for them simply because Abbie deserves some love, but given the sister history, yeah, no.

Really looking forward to next week.

• Love 6

"Let's consult an expert!"

Is it Jenny? No, of course not. It's Hawley.

Last week, I jokingly said Moloch would be a cute baby demon. I should joke about more things and see if they come true. Hahaha, wouldn't it be funny if Katrina disappeared for a really long time?

The Cranes get some time to themselves, in a bedroom, in a bed, and they watch reality TV. That's some kind of "evolving."

• Love 12

Once again, Abbie is awesome and comes through in the end. I like that she is not really hiding her disgust with the save Henry plan. I love that she called Katrina out about her attitude.

If the show is not going to get rid of Katrina at least they removed her from the Witnesses. I do not think I could take much more of the mushy Cranes. In addition, even though I understand that conflict can keep things interesting, seeing the rift Katrina puts between Abbie and Crane pisses me off. It will only payoff for me if Katrina finally goes to the dark side.

I do not have an issue with Hawley. This episode was perfect for his character. However, it makes me think how some of the other times he has been on that his role could have been replaced with Jenny.

• Love 1

I have to admit I chuckled at the opening scene when Katrina started complaining about what was on the tv in the cabin that Abbie provided, rent and bill free. I don't think it was supposed to be a scene about an ungrateful teenager getting caught with her boyfriend by mom, but you could have fooled me.. I half expected Abbie to reply "Witch, do *you* have cable money?"

I appreciate that Abbie and Katrina aren't being pitted against each other, but it still seems like an unequal alliance to me. And I wanted to freeze frame the look on Abbie's face when Katrina told her she'd have to break the news to Crane. She is so sick of the dramaqueening secrets and lies, and it gives me life.

Hawley wasn't nearly as sympathetic a victim as the first two. Really, this shady rogue guy can't handle liking a girl? That's about as romance-novelly as anything between the Cranes.

It was kind of Abbie to say that Katrina made them stronger after she had to play mystical Fear Factor because Katrina was too squeamish. Even though it was only a spell. Which she knew. An actual witch. Okay.

This was leaps and bounds above last week, so we better see a looot more Jenny and Irving going forward now that Katrina's vacationing with the fam.

• Love 4

So, first thoughts:

On the episode in general

• If this had been last week's episode and "Deliverance" didn't exist, I'd be in a much better place with the show. 
  • The succubus thing is just as shopworn as the mystical pregnancy, but somehow this one was somewhat more palatable (or at least less gross).  Maybe because the emphasis was on tapping into hidden desires rather than being particularly physical?  Hmmmm. . . I'll have to ponder that one.

On the Horsemen

Making Abraham into such a lovesick puppy isn't just making him not-scary, it's ignoring a gold mine of storytelling potential.  Imagine how much more interesting it would be if Headless (1) were actually still headless, (2) had equal status with Henry (who seems like the former co-worker who got promoted to middle manager), and (3) were following his own agenda!  I could totally get down with Moloch having them work separately on different plans, but this current Abraham deal is just really unsatisfying.  I absolutely hate the slang term "whipped," but damn it's hard not to use it here.

On the Witnesses

• Abbie continues to be just awesome.  I knew her hand was going in the jar of not-maggots, and I'm glad that they didn't even try to fake like it wasn't. 
  • I'm not a fan of this Crane-separates-two-arguing-women deal.  I didn't care for it last season, and I found it really gross tonight.  Perhaps if you weren't straddling the fence there, Ichabod, you wouldn't have so much conflict on Team Witness.  Their argument was one that needed to be had and still needs to finish.  And, for the record, I still think that Katrina shouldn't have gotten a Witness vote last week.
  • It was interesting seeing them exchange relationship advice and to see how each respects the other enough to take such advice to heart.  Ichabod definitely listened to Abbie (or is trying to) in his views of Katrina, and I think that Abbie listened to his comments about having an open heart (which was a pleasant role reversal).  I'd love to explore how much of her "Witnesses don't have time for other stuff" comes from protecting her heart and how much comes from seeing how Ichabod's ties to Katrina and Jenry are compromising him.

On Hawley

• Okay, ill-advised Jenny backstory aside, I like this guy.  It's not the most original concept, but I can see him being impressed by Abbie and working around to joining the cause for more than occasional profit.  The actor really sells not only his attraction to Abbie ('cause, duh!), but also his admiration of her.
  • I did like the choice to have Crane pick up on said attraction and not be completely against it.  If they play it right (pleasepleasepleaseplease, silly writers!), it could lead into an interesting situation where he wants the same whole-person things for Abbie that many viewers do.  Plus, Crane has chemistry with Hawley, too (*side eye to Katrina*)

On Katrina

• Apparently succubus hunting patterns aren't the only ones that are circular.  Just as I was starting to feel that Katrina could actually be an asset to Team Witness, they have her go right back to where she was before.  Although,
  • I've been calling for her to take off that stupid necklace since she ran off from Abrahead and Henry's Henchmen.  I couldn't believe she still had it (and that stupid outfit) on in this episode.  I wonder to what extent it is influencing her choices.  We've known from jump that it's enchanted; I can totally see Henry hexing it with all sorts of goodies while letting Abe think that it was just to let her see his head.
  • On a minor note, I wanted to kick her when she made that crack about Abraham giving her quince tea.  Seriously?!
  • Also, did I detect a little sneaky shade with her "I'll tell him that Ichabod has forged a new life . . . with you . . . and stuff"?  She clearly dislikes that Witness bond; I wonder if she would be so possessive if there were no potential romantic element to it.
Edited by netlyon2
  • Love 11

So the Death/Sin Eater is trying to bring Voldemoloch into a new corporeal body. I think I've seen this before. But this witch needs a wand or something because her magic pretty much sucks. Abby even had to finish the spell. What good is Katrina again?

• Love 16

This episode seemed rather slow to me but overall minus the Katrina parts it wasn't too bad. I still don't mind Abbie and Hawley getting together, I know there is a past with Jenny but was it just casual because Hawley really seems to want more with Abbie. I also don't feel him as being a drain on the witnesses or barging into much on Jenny's territory. At some point the show is going to give Abbie a love interest and we all know right now its not going to be Ichabod. So I think we will get Jenny with Irving (Mr. and Mrs. BAMF) and Abbie with Hawley and they will all be fighting to bring down Moloch.

I did find it funny that Katrina's magic included doing a locator spell and then getting knocked dafuq out before she could finish the incantation over the heart once again rending her a useless powerful witch.

Also, the ambiguity of Ichabods "desires" well the doubt is probably most assuredly about Katrina so was all the speech about evolving in my opinion. So what now the writers are deciding to let the dumb dumb blanket be removed from Ichabod's eyes. 

Again not a bad episode as I do usually like what Albert Kim does. Looking forward to next week with the Mills' sisters in action. Hopefully, someone will take the time to break Irving out while they are there hunting down Mommy Ghost Dearest!

I thought it was *very* interesting that when Abbie recited the spell, it worked. Either anyone at all in this universe can work magic once they speak the right words, or there's something more here that meets the eye....

• Love 6

So, first thoughts:

On the episode in general

• If this had been last week's episode and "Deliverance" didn't exist, I'd be in a much better place with the show. 
  • The succubus thing is just as shopworn as the mystical pregnancy, but somehow this one was somewhat more palatable (or at least less gross).  Maybe because the emphasis was on tapping into hidden desires rather than being particularly physical?  Hmmmm. . . I'll have to ponder that one.

On the Horsemen

Making Abraham into such a lovesick puppy isn't just making him not-scary, it's ignoring a gold mine of storytelling potential.  Imagine how much more interesting it would be if Headless (1) were actually still headless, (2) had equal status with Henry (who seems like the former co-worker who got promoted to middle manager), and (3) were following his own agenda!  I could totally get down with Moloch having them work separately on different plans, but this current Abraham deal is just really unsatisfying.  I absolutely hate the slang term "whipped," but damn it's hard not to use it here.

On the Witnesses

• Abbie continues to be just awesome.  I knew her hand was going in the jar of not-maggots, and I'm glad that they didn't even try to fake like it wasn't. 
  • I'm not a fan of this Crane-separates-two-arguing-women deal.  I didn't care for it last season, and I found it really gross tonight.  Perhaps if you weren't straddling the fence there, Ichabod, you wouldn't have so much conflict on Team Witness.  Their argument was one that needed to be had and still needs to finish.  And, for the record, I still think that Katrina shouldn't have gotten a Witness vote last week.
  • It was interesting seeing them exchange relationship advice and to see how each respects the other enough to take such advice to heart.  Ichabod definitely listened to Abbie (or is trying to) in his views of Katrina, and I think that Abbie listened to his comments about having an open heart (which was a pleasant role reversal).  I'd love to explore how much of her "Witnesses don't have time for other stuff" comes from protecting her heart and how much comes from seeing how Ichabod's ties to Katrina and Jenry are compromising him.

On Hawley

• Okay, ill-advised Jenny backstory aside, I like this guy.  It's not the most original concept, but I can see him being impressed by Abbie and working around to joining the cause for more than occasional profit.  The actor really sells not only his attraction to Abbie ('cause, duh!), but also his admiration of her.
  • I did like the choice to have Crane pick up on said attraction and not be completely against it.  If they play it right (pleasepleasepleaseplease, silly writers!), it could lead into an interesting situation where he want the same whole-person things for Abbie that many viewers do.  Plus, Crane has chemistry with Hawley, too (*side eye to Katrina*)

On Katrina

• Apparently succubus hunting patterns aren't the only ones that are circular.  Just as I was starting to feel that Katrina could actually be an asset to Team Witness, they have her go right back to where she was before.  Although,
  • I've been calling for her to take off that stupid necklace since she ran off from Abrahead and Henry's Henchmen.  I couldn't believe she still had it (and that stupid outfit) on in this episode.  I wonder to what extent it is influencing her choices.  We've known from jump that it's enchanted; I can totally see Henry hexing it with all sorts of goodies while letting Abe think that it was just to let her see his head.
  • On a minor note, I wanted to kick her when she made that crack about Abraham giving her quince tea.  Seriously?!
  • Also, did I detect a little sneaky shade with her "I'll tell him that Ichabod has forged a new life . . . with you . . . and stuff"?  She clearly dislikes that Witness bond; I wonder if she would be so possessive if there were no potential romantic element to it.

The necklace cannot be removed. It was some how forged in magic, evilness, or something, Abraham stated this when he placed it around her neck.

I am definitely Team Nick/Abbie he's not such a bad guy and I do believe there was not an emotional connection between he and Jenny but more a friends with benefits arrangement from consenting adults. So I think the little sister part of Jenny might be a bit riffed but I don't think it will be enough to cause any trouble between her and Abbie (if the writers are smart they won't write it as if they are fighting over a man with the end of the world on their plates).

When did Sleepy Hollow turn into a bad soap opera? So now Katrina is going to go back to Headless? I’m certain only because the writers don’t know what to do with her.

And they've got the soap opera annoying staple of propping a useless character down to a T by having other characters inexplicably praising said useless character for virtues that are nonexistent and never shown.

Katrina and Ichabod’s opening scene with the flowery music and 18th century dialogue was too Harlequin for my taste and not at all entertaining.

I didn't watch the show but the preview I saw with them sucked donkey balls.  Katia's breathless whispery delivery and unblinking stare was just horrible. I was distracted by her inhalation of air (and her throat moving) to add more breathiness in the middle of her mini monologue.  And the dialogue abominable.

I cannot believe what they’ve reduced the Horseman of Death to, a love sick idiot, with a head. SMDH

I miss headless Headless so terribly.  He's another reason I just can't bear to watch anymore.

What’s up with Abbie’s hair? For nearly the past year her hair has been hooked up, make up looked great, but tonight she’s back to the just rolled out of bed look. Mind you, she still looked lovely, but why the sudden change?

So now they're gonna attempt to make the gorgeous Nikki Beharie a little less desirable?  smdh  Speaking of hair, Crane's looks terrible to me.  I like it pulled back.  Is this "bad hair" supposed to stop people from wanting anyone with anyone because they don't look good enough?  lol

I did follow the live tweeting though.  And the one thing I didn't like either is that apparently the show had Abbie validate Katrina as an asset to Team Witness which from what I read is just more disingenuous propping.

It's funny, I've watched soaps all my life, and just recently stepped away from the last two I was keeping up with.  And Sleepy Hollow is now a soap and, as was stated, not a good one. This is not what I signed on for.  They are using all the worst devices that finally made me have to step away from a genre I've watched since I was in diapers. I have no choice but to hope the ratings fall so far and so fast that they have time to turn this sinking enterprise around.  That's always been the only thing that worked on soaps, so I hope it happens here because this show has too much potential to remain the wreck that it's fast becoming.

Edited by stacey
  • Love 2

I thought it was *very* interesting that when Abbie recited the spell, it worked. Either anyone at all in this universe can work magic once they speak the right words, or there's something more here that meets the eye....

A few episodes back there was a spell and someone--Crane I believe-- said they needed a witch to recite it. Abby said something along the lines of "a Witness will have to do" and read the spell. It worked. ( I remember being surprised that she had no trouble with the foreign pronunciation. )

I wondered at the time if it weren't so much that she's a a Witness but that she's descended from Grace, who wasn't explicitly called a witch but did live under the protection of Lachlan Fredericks in his coven-manor.

Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 5

For a hot second, it looked like Katrina was wising up to Henry's bullshit and was going to help them fight him, finally.  But no, she sees her demon baby and all reasoning goes out the window.  Damn it, Katrina.  I want to like you.  Stop acting stupid.

Seriously, they couldn't have let Katrina actually do something smart for once?  I actually cracked up at her and Abbie freaking out over the jar; Katrina seeing rats and Abbie seeing maggots.  Loved Abbie's "This is nasty."  Perfect dry delivery by Nicole.

Succubus was pretty, I'm just saying.

Poor Abbie.  Faced with dealing with the Crane's marital issues while trying to get her work done.  Didn't blame her at all for going off on Katrina.  It had to be said.  Henry's just going to keep killing people while Ichabod and Katrina wait for their little boy to return.

Please bring Jenny back.  And Irving.  I can see Hawley isn't going anywhere, but you can at least bring back the damn regulars!

• Love 7

Good episode.  Glad to see Abby telling both Katrina and Ichabod how stupid their devotion to Henry is.  Baby Moloch is indeed creepy.  I like Hawley but he should have paid Josh Holloway money for ripping off his accent and character in his initial scene at the bar.

• Love 2

Katrina looked way too happy to see that baby. That 'highly skilled operative" (cue one of Abbie's epic eye rolls here) is gonna get played. She needs to just stop procreating, her kids are bad seeds for real.

Someone on twitter called Henry the smartest Crane. I LOL'ed and agreed so hard.

Imma need a minute of silence to simply contemplate how bad ass Abbie continues to be. She did not hesitate to stick her hand in that thingy. She finished the spell and saved the day. She puts up with the Crane foolishness.

I did like how subtly the Succubus made herself kinda look like the objects of desire. The minute I saw her hair in the bar I knew she was supposed to be Abbie-like. And then there was this nice camera shot where the scene went from the bar back to the cabin and it morphed from her face to Abbie's, but the hair was exactly the same.

I can't wait for next week. So ready for some Mills Sister goodness!

• Love 6

I loved the amount of side-eye Abbie gave this episode, but it was all undermined by the fact that she had to come to the "realization" that Team Witness is stronger with Katrina as a part of it. No. Nope.

And I really hated Crane standing between the fighting wimmins like they were about to box or something, and then having the audacity to act like they were the ones being irrational. He's the one who's causing this problem, by not being objective about Henry and by giving Katrina any sort of say over how Team Witness approaches anything at all.

Wow, this episode pushed all my buttons, and not in the good way.

• Love 11

No Frank or Jenny again.  Lame.  Although, I continue to believe that the reason they are keeping Jenny away is because she would be totally on Abbie's side and backing her up, and they need her temporary out of the picture, so Katrina has a fighting chance against Abbie, since Ichabod is folding like a chair, and Abbie is too polite to be completely mean to her.  Jenny would have already torn Katrina a new one, and reduced her to a pile of tears and huffing.  But, we can't have that!

This episode already got into my bad side, with the Ichabod/Katrina watching a bad reality show scene, because it should have been hilarious, but if fell like it was trying too hard to emulate the Ichabod/Abbie stuff, only replace Nicole Beharie's amusement and snark, with Katia Winter's flat delivery.  Not a great swap, there.

Hawley is back, and I did enjoy his banter with Ichabod.  And, I do like his interactions with Abbie, but if they are going to go there, I really hope they don't turn it into a love triangle with Jenny, but they probably will.

Katrina helped out tonight, but has decided to already go back to Abraham/Henry, because she now believes if she just kills Moloch, Henry will be "good", again.  Sure, Katrina.  Keep telling yourself that.

Did love Abbie kicking ass and saving the day at the end.  And the Succubus was hot.  So, the episode wasn't a total bust.

• Love 4
I did like how subtly the Succubus made herself kinda look like the objects of desire. The minute I saw her hair in the bar I knew she was supposed to be Abbie-like. And then there was this nice camera shot where the scene went from the bar back to the cabin and it morphed from her face to Abbie's, but the hair was exactly the same.

Did they do some voice-dubbing, too? Maybe it was just my ear, but the succubus' first line to Hawley really sounded like Abbie said it.

• Love 4

Hmm... good ish episode. Not great but I can't think what I would have done differently except not having Katrina go back. For the plot it works but for character development there is a whole lot of circling instead of moving forward. She becomes clear headed about not just sitting there and praying Jenry finds Jesus but then she decides to freaking go back which I know is motivated by a desire to turn him good. Now she is going to see baby Moloch and insist that they were mistaken and it's a child that can be purified of Moloch. Sigh... I also really don't appreciate them weakening her by rendering her useless in what's supposedly her forte and then have my favourite character prop her up. I am guessing that everytime that happens it's more about showing that Abbie has witch abilities but come on show, Abbie doesn't others weakened to show how awesome she is. But I did like that they were showing Ichabod and Hawley getting along while Abbie and Katrina start to get along as well (even though it's a little forced). 

Abbie this episode just solidified why she just is awesomeness personified. I just loved all her reactions and her confrontations. She did not try to hit below the belt or make it personal, it's just that while it's understandable that parents love their children, it's not ok for Crane to be hesitant while more victims are popping up because Jenry is allowed to roam free. She is right and she's standing her ground while not making it seem like it's a competition between Katrina and her. She felt left out but tried to give them space and after she deemed it enough, she was back to business. Nicole was just amazing this episode. I felt like I could read her thoughts. Also I think she looked a little less than 100% because that might have been during the time she was sick during shooting? Just positing.

I am going to shock myself, but I liked Hawley this episode. After the bar scene he seemed to drop that annoying flirty "I am the kind of jerk women like" shtick. He seemed unsure of how Abbie sees him and it made him less of an avatar and more of a real person with depth. I don't like the lovesick puppy angle much but  it works for me when it's an arrogant character because it makes me see them as less of a d-bag. He felt less slimy. I still feel grossed out by him and Abbie getting together just because I find it disturbing to get with someone who had sex with your sibling. It will always be gross to me. Though I guess if they don't bring it up to much and don't create "drama" between the sisters then I can maybe chalk it up to one of those TV things they do. Most likely it will colour every scene with weirdness for me though.

Crane was really funny this episode when trying to protect his fellow witness' virtue. It was nice to see a protective side of him wrt Abbie. It off balanced his interference during the Abbie/Katrina confrontation, one that was needed. I also like that he is finally stopping to shoot laser-hate eyes in Hawley's direction in every scene because it gets too close to pissing contest territory for my tastes. He is also in need of a good male buddy. I appreciate that he wasn't all huffing and puffing about Katrina leaving and while misplaced I like that he is coming to realise that his wife was in this fight even before he was and does not need his "protection". I am having a problem because I feel like Crane is more fun when being a know-it-all with zingers and the whole gooey eyed in love thing is just making him less fun to me. He shines more when offset by modern characters.

BOO show for no Jenny nor Frank. They are too interesting to push to the side although the next episode seems like there will be plenty of Mills sisters goodness in the next episode. But Frank...

• Love 5

The good:

- Everything Abbie, except for the writers' forced attempt to make us accept Katrina in the team through her. Make Katrina an asset, don't tell me she's one.

- Nick shirtless. I needed that after being forced to see Ichy's scrawny chest last episode.

The bad:

- Everything else.

It wasn't as awful and offensive as last week's episode, but it was still pretty bad. Ichy continues to be gross and as useless as his wife. Leaving Abbie to do the job, while he canoodles with his wife is a pattern with him now. On top of that, he's a patronizing asshole, who thinks he gets to decide and approve, who Abbie should be intimate with. Now, more than ever, I don't understand how he is a Witness. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Henry is indeed the smarter Crane. Which means he's just barely average.

• Love 2

Did they do some voice-dubbing, too? Maybe it was just my ear, but the succubus' first line to Hawley really sounded like Abbie said it.

They did.  The closed captioning read "Abbie's voice" when the Succubus first spoke to Hawley.

• Love 2

Abbie basically admitted to liking Hawley, right?  When Crane said something about her getting "social" with him, Abbie responded saying, "Let's say you're on the right track" or "Even if you're on the right track" or something that allowed that he wasn't off base, while still saying that she wasn't going to do anything about it.

I liked this episode, everyone had a good part to play. Perhaps Katrina will truly be darksided, which would be good for her character development. The one person that I dislike more and more with each episode is Hawley, he's so greasy and sleazy I just want to stick him in a shower, give him a shave and send him on his way.

• Love 5

"You don't think Henry has earned my love?"

No, you crazy witch, I don't! Abbie was much more diplomatic than I would have been. Katrina hasn't seen him since he was a baby. What has he done since they've been reacquainted? Teamed up with a demon, buried her husband alive, turned her over to a horseman, killed many people, and tried to start the apocalypse. Oh yeah, I totally see why you love him. Idiot.

• Love 11

Once again Abbie is the voice of reason. I kinda wish the smackdown with Katrina could have continued to some sort of conclusion instead of Crane trying to referee. Also, Abbie is so badass for sticking her hand in a jar of (imaginary) maggots.

Oh Katrina, at least you were marginally useful this episode. The Manic Panic red hair in the daylight was odd, and I kept staring at the dark roots of her hairline wondering if it's a wig or just roots I was seeing. 

I liked the succubus actress. Interesting that IMDB credits her as "Lilith." I'm still meh on Hawley. I don't dislike him, but I feel he duplicates Jenny's role.

Next week looks like fun.

• Love 1

This episode was better than last week, but still just ok for me.....the cold opening with Crane and Katrina watching reality television and talking just seemed like two actors reading cheesy 99c romance novel lines...just awful, no passion, no feelings and especially no chemistry!!..not working for me I need my Abby and Crane chemistry.

Hawley can go anytime now....the writers ruined him for me when he had a "past" with Jenny...just no....and if they do have him and Abby have a "thing" that better be addressed!!!

Katrina the useless witch gone back.....AGAIN....I'm done with her and her storyline

Maybe it's just me, but everybody seemed "off"....the episode was lacking something.....I hope next week is better

I'm still laughing at how awful and desperate the writing for this show has become. They had another opportunity to sell the passionate EPIC love between the Cranes in the opening scene, but all we got was that cringeworthy stale scene, that sold nothing, but anti-chemistry and boredom. But then they try to sell it by proxy with:

The succubus (as Katrina) to Ichy:  "I can sense your desire. It burns strong even though you try so hard to hide it."

So Ichy is hiding his "burning desire" for Katrina... his wife... What? Why? The lack of passion is supposed to be hidden burning desire? LMAO! They can miss me with that lame ass lazy writing!

• Love 1

I enjoyed the bonding within the two teams. Even if the Redeem Henry movement grates on my nerves.

I can't look at Hawley without being annoyed about the beard mustache combo. It irritates me.

I even liked Katrina minus the first 30 seconds and the last 30 seconds of screen time. I was hoping after the second time Abby helped Katrina finished a spell someone would realise that Witnesses have some of their own magic. Hence why Ichabod could raise that patchwork soldier and Abby could exorcise the drowned lady ghost. I really hoped that Abby could get some training from the powerful witch Katrina is supposed to be. Unfortunately they ruined that by letting Katrina try to be a double agent assassin.

Though I did wonder if Abby sent her off so she didn't have to listen to any more bollocks about redeeming Henry.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 1

"You don't think Henry has earned my love?"

No, you crazy witch, I don't! Abbie was much more diplomatic than I would have been. Katrina hasn't seen him since he was a baby. What has he done since they've been reacquainted? Teamed up with a demon, buried her husband alive, turned her over to a horseman, killed many people, and tried to start the apocalypse. Oh yeah, I totally see why you love him. Idiot.

I was yelling at the screen over that line. Why oh why didn't Abbie call her on that? Of all the justifications Katrina might come up with for thinking Henry can be saved, that is the most ridiculous, off-base, unsupported one. How in hell can she say Henry has earned her love?? Deserves it? She could make a case, albeit a weak one. Earned it? I want Abbie to make her explain that one.

ETA Wayne, I have the same issue with Hawley's facial hair!

Edited by BrokenRemote

by giving Katrina any sort of say over how Team Witness approaches anything at all.

Team Witness exists thanks to her and she's supposed to be a powerful witch with lots of information they might need. Her opinion should be important. Sadly, Katrina's mostly dumb. I can't believe she started to smile when she saw baby Moloch.

Loved Ichabod's face at the pub. I can totally relate.

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than last week's. Crane and Hawley make a good duo --and a great name for a Law firm.

I found it interesting that Abbie says,as a Witness, she doesn't need "complications" when confronted about Hawley while Crane has done nothing but put his romantic and family life above their cause. What's good for the goose isn't good for the gander. The writers are firmly rooting Abbie in the "Strong Woman who doesn't need a man" trope by lazily having her actually spell it out to the audience.

I really hate how this show goes out of the way to make Katrina some delicate flower. Between constantly fainting and needing assistance. Since they have been unsuccessful at actually showing Katrina to be valuable to Team Witness the writers had to hit us over the head with terrible dialogue by both Witness that spelled out "Gee Katrina, you are very valuable to our cause!" Nicole Beharie probably wanted to puke rather than say those lines.

I don't like when Crane yells at the women. It harkens back to when he yelled at Jenny and Abbie when they were arguing in season one. It rubs me the wrong way. I really didn't appreciate him essentially ordering Abbie to protect Katrina -- a supposedly powerful witch. Abbie is not a bodyguard.

It still love Hawley, scruff and all and hope he sticks around.

Unpopular opinion-- I'm not missing Jenny as much as everyone else. I do wish Irving was still police chief so he could be involved with the investigations. The writers have written his character into a corner with the arrest.

• Love 2

Unfortunately, the whole Katrina involvement allows Ichabod to exhibit 18th century paternalism.

It is perhaps the greatest indictment of this season that this episode doesn't seem horrible since it is marginally better than last week.

• Love 1

So Katrina - chronic fainter & DID (damsel in distress), object of love (Jesus Crane), object of obsession (Abraham), intended vessel of Baby Moloch - will now be overcome with maternal love for the babe? Cute baby, but still he's freakin' Moloch!

I can't believe she started to smile when she saw baby Moloch.

Henry's sibling jealousy is going to be off the charts. He already has Mummy and Daddy issues. Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 7

For a hot second, it looked like Katrina was wising up to Henry's bullshit and was going to help them fight him, finally.  But no, she sees her demon baby and all reasoning goes out the window.  Damn it, Katrina.  I want to like you.  Stop acting stupid.

As much as I don't care for Katrina, I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.  When Abraham told Henry that Katrina had come back and Henry said to bring her to him, he asked if she was still wearing the necklace.  Henry looked extremely pleased when Abraham said yes.   When Katrina looked at the baby, her necklace began to glow.  That's when she got that 'it's my baby!' look on her face.  I think she's under a spell.  That could lead to some good scenes, since I'm assuming she'll fiercely try to protect it when Crane and Abbie try to destroy it.

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 3