Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Ambush

Cranberry

Do the promo monkeys think we're as dumb as the writers?  Nothing's going to come of this meeting since Emily will still pretend to be Emily and and David will still be dumber than the writers and what the promo monkeys think of us combined and not be able to realize it's his daughter.

• Love 3

I haven't even clicked play on that sneak peak and I already like it!

Edit having seen it:

Hmm, well, I liked it a little less, but if she manages to get a kick in before she lets him go, it's all good for me!

Edited by PinkRibbons

That scene with Emily and Daniel was great. Those two have awesome chemistry.

The elevator scene was the first time I "shipped" them through this entire convoluted (yet addicting series).

Finally!!!! Now just let Victoria die in the wet street and the series can end.

• Love 10

I like that when Emily finally let David know that she's Amanda, it came out in a flood of fury and anguish, not in a carefully orchestrated careful explanation.  But I still think as she and Nolan said, he's not the David that they knew before.  Otherwise, there's no explanation for his continuing obtuseness.

• Love 1

Since Daniel is being sleazy while checking Emily out and Margo has now dumped him, would he actually pursue her again?!? The wife he shot?! That scene in the elevator was great, though.

David is truly an idiot. 

Victoria getting electrocuted made me laugh - just a teensy bit or karma coming back to her. 

• Love 3

For some reason I'm imagining Emily and Joshua reading that elevator scene in their bed (engaged in real life remember) and just cracking up laughing at it. I wanna see the outtakes from that scene soo bad (supposedly Josh has a real gift for making Emily break character and burst out laughing).

This was almost first season level of goodness tonight. The only thing missing was Nolan hooking up with one of the wait staff after he bought the place.

Victoria getting electrocuted.....pure awesomeness. Emily was probably pissed that she missed it.

Oh did the breaking into the bank remind anybody else here of "Mission: Impossible"?

• Love 2

Well, finally!  But Victoria stole Emily's thunder again (by being electrocuted, no less. LOL).  David should have left her lying out in the rain.  He's an idiot.

I agree about the elevator scene.  It was the first time I felt any chemistry between Daniel and Emily.  

Next week looks good, but they've fooled us before.

• Love 3

Loved the elevator scene and the confrontation scene, but I hate that they kept ignoring the elephant in the room:

Daniel: You used me and broke my heart! You owe me some mercy!

Emily (I wish): Yeah and you shot me three times and left me barren. I'm showing you mercy by not breaking your neck while all these security cameras are out.

Seriously, how could the part about him shooting her off a damn ship not come up?

• Love 15

Could not care less about whatever is going on with Margot / Daniel / lady from the psych ward.

I cannot even keep track of who knows what at this point.  Actually, I can't keep track of what's going on in general.  I really miss the days of Emily's Red Sharpie, when times were simpler. 

One thing I'm confused about: The pictures that Emily confronted David with.  I thought I was paying attention, but I guess not.  Where did they come from?  Why did it lead Emily to say "You could have come for me and you didn't".  Obviously, I missed something important...

• Love 2

If the show had been this much fun in season 2, it wouldn't be in the ratings mess its in. I''m actually looking forward to watching Revenge again, guys! Usually at this point in the season it has slipped into its episode 3-21 malaise.

One thing I'm confused about: The pictures that Emily confronted David with.  I thought I was paying attention, but I guess not.  Where did they come from?  Why did it lead Emily to say "You could have come for me and you didn't".  Obviously, I missed something important...

When Emily snuck into the bank to get into David's safety deposit book, she found cash and a flash drive. When she viewed the contents of the flash drive at home on her computer, they were all pictures of Amanda taken within the past couple of years, meaning that David had been observing (who he thought was) his daughter but never reached out to her.

• Love 2

This show has become a fascinating hybrid of Desperate Housewives (the downed powerline and death-by-sauna) and Alias (Emily's ninja moves breaking into the bank). And I'm in love (for the time being at least).

Daniel and Emily's chemistry has exploded through the roof- the writers better continue giving them scenes together. They'd be foolish to just drop their dynamic when this episode proves it has so much promise (romantic or otherwise).

Could Nolan and Louise be getting primed for a spinoff? The wacky adventures of genius and crazy running a beach club together? I'm game.

This episode is finally bringing things back on track. Can't wait for Emily to unleash on David about how he could have come for her earlier- then maybe none of the revenge crap would have happened and Amanda would be alive.

Liked Daniel and Emily's elevator scene. It would be nice for them to be allies.

Stupid Victoria had to steal the thunder from the reveal.

• Love 2

Finally!

That scene with Emily and Daniel was great. Those two have awesome chemistry.

And finally the secret is out.

Yes and Yes!  I loved the elevator scene.  They had a good bit of chemistry Season 1, but it felt flat since (which may have been intentional on EVC's part).  And it confirmed what I thought for a while, Emanda sort of liked Daniel up until the interview in which he sided with his father after learning (at least most of) the truth about the plane explosion and framing of David Clarke. After that, he was just a Grayson.

I got the feeling Daniel sort of like Ninja Amanda.  But Word to whomever said that it is ludicrous that him SHOOTING HER IN THE FUCKING STOMACH AND LEAVING HER FOR DEAD IN THE OCEAN never came up or that, in light of that, Daniel can actually sit there and whine that she used him and never really loved him.  Boo fucking hoo,.  Suck it up, Quick Draw McDrunky   But for that, I might ship them a little after the elevator scene.

As for the rest, it was fun.  But damn you Vic, way to upstage the big Amanda/David reveal.  And  I worried a little though when Nolan met Louise.  Keep that crazypants stalker away from Nolan.  He's already been down that road. I don't want them near each other socially for any reason, even merely friendly.

• Love 4

If the "revenge" part of this show turns into Emily going after David because he didn't come for her, I am going to hurt somebody. 

gosh hope not. Just let victoria suffer a slow and painful death and end the god awful show. 

i wish i could stop watching the show and wait til it ends to binge-watch it. Alas i cant and so i have to endure it every week.

daniel and emily have great chemistry together. its too bad i cant root for them to be together since he tried to kill her. 

• Love 2

I liked the wackadoodleness of this episode. Between Louise hallucinating a conversation with her mom and then locking Margaux in the sauna, Daniel and Emily's conversation in the elevator, Emily and Nolan's plan to break into the safe deposit box, and Victoria being ELECTROCUTED, this was hilarious campy fun. If I can't get Emily's red sharpie every week, I'll take this. I also loved that Margaux figured out Daniel had slept with Louise. Incroyable!

I didn't miss Charlotte at all.

• Love 7

OMG...fucking Victoria and her "electrocution".  Way to ruin a scene.

I was watching the clock and said to myself, if Emily doesn't tell David who she is, I will never watch again!  And time kept ticking down...and then YAY!!!! FINALLY!!  And it was ruined by...Victoria.  I guess that's the sign of good ep that I had totally forgotten the first few minutes that we saw?  Or maybe I was just used to things going nowhere.

I was totally hoping that Margot was dead, not that I like the psycho chick much, but she's after Vic, so there's that? 

And jumping on the "much chemistry" between Daniel and Emily in the elevator scene.  I really kind of hope they hook up in revengey business.

Also, I get that the guy who plays Jack is tiny, but that scene with him and David?  Is there like a complete foot difference in height between the two?

Edited by KayElektra
  • Love 1

If David had been watching who he thought was Amanda for years, then why didn't he have pics of Emily too? Amanda and Emily were friends and hung out together. Amanda came to Emily's beach house frequently (the real Amanda's childhood home). Surely he'd have observed them both together. He would have also known that Jack and Emily were friends as well. Where are their pics together during David's stalking period?

How is it that it took Jack to tell David about Emily's existence? Also, wouldn't he wonder why Emily lived in the beach house and not Amanda? Amanda never showed any anger or resentment towards Emily for Emily living there. Shouldn't his stalking have shown that Amanda was content with her life and had not been wronged by Nolan in any way?

None of this makes sense!

• Love 7

The recapper needs to edit a bit. Daniel was not married to his half-sister. He was married to his half-sister's half-sister. Still an odd thing to find out, but Emily and Daniel are not related.

Nolan is referred to as "Noel" at least three times.

I am digging this season much more than seasons 2 and 3. How many more episodes until David goes and visits the stripper again and finds her wearing the necklace that matches those earrings? (It did, right? I usually have a couple glasses of wine in me when I'm watching Revenge.)

Wait -- how did Amanda get to be Daniel's half-sister? Vic's being Amanda's mother is certainly new news to me!

He's not and She's not.  Daniel referred to Charlotte as Amanda's half sister and his own sister and reference how much weirder that made everything.

Why did the writers have Victoria ruin the Emily/David reveal?  I hope that woman dies and then Charlotte gets killed rushing to her side.  Is Victoria just faking her feelings for David at this point?  If not, Pascal is now just a mere memory.  That woman had more "true loves" than any other TV character  I know of, just ridiculous.

• Love 4

Agreed on need to proofread. Not even "step sister" as there were not enough marriages to go around.

I did like the scene in the elevator as well, and agree with all that has been said above in that she might have really felt something, which was derailing her, until that fateful press conference.

One last VERY important quibble.

Only Rory is "Stupid Face" and that is no insult.

Carry on.

• Love 2

Maybe Vic's true loves are seasonal? Like a couturier's collection?

Certainly only Queen Vic is enough of a drama queen to upstage Batmanda's reunion with her father by getting herself hit by a thunderbolt from the heavens!

• Love 4

Despite my resolve not be done with actually watching, I caved with this episode.

Brilliant acting from Emily VanCamp.  Loved the elevator scene and her "This right here was real" while stepping on Daniel.  Burn!

I wonder if David is still going to be in denial about Victoria after Emily tells him everything.  Probably.  More importantly, he owes Nolan a big apology.

• Love 3

Liked Daniel and Emily's elevator scene. It would be nice for them to be allies.

As great as that elevator scene was, all I got from Daniel asking Emily to keep him out of the crossfire and her agreeing was that Daniel is finally going to be soooooooooooooo dead when all this is over.

Dude, is flawed but likable all of a sudden. Which means he's toast.

Louise is crazy and doesn't fit into this season given we're all but 100% sure it's the last, but darned if I don't find her southern heaving bosom craziness interesting. If she were somehow tied into the bigger picture, it'd make her more relevant but as it stands she's just a random complication much in the same vein as Ashley. If we hadn't seen her on her own as legit disturbed, I would've bought a reveal of her in league with David (her motive TBD) working in cahoots to nail Victoria.  Or if you wanted to make it really soapy, she'd have been Conrad's daughter from a previous marriage or illegit kid come to town to get her piece of the Grayson pie now that daddy's dead. Maybe Conrad even had something sent to her in the event of his death to come to town to avenge him and if she succeeded she'd get some of his hidden monies.

• Love 1

I'm hoping that Louise, who's hallucinating her mother, is doing that because she killed her mother.  And now, with her moving Victoria's face onto her mother's body in the photos, I'm hoping that she intends to kill Victoria.  Louise can't possibly be just fine with Victoria using her and lying to her and leaving her behind.  Girl no doubt has abandonment issues.  So if that lightning bolt didn't do the trick, maybe Daniel's new bed buddy will.  Wishful thinking, no doubt.

I hope that woman dies and then Charlotte gets killed rushing to her side.

Oh yes.  Yes, yes.

• Love 1

Not feeling sorry for Daniel. When he was whining about how Emily lied to him, she should have said, well, you shot me, so I win this who did it worse to the other person game. I admit there was chemistry in the elevator, but I DO NOT want redemption for Daniel.

David is still delusional. Victoria is still alive. *sigh*. When will it end?

David is just the worst and not worthy of all of Emily's revenge efforts. 

I think it's funny that finding out Emily was Amanda made her more attractive to Daniel. 

I don't mind Louise's fixation on Victoria (any possible torture of Victoria is a good thing), although I think she might just be there to serve as an obstacle to Emily, since Daniel is apparently staying out of the way. 

If David had been watching who he thought was Amanda for years, then why didn't he have pics of Emily too? Amanda and Emily were friends and hung out together. Amanda came to Emily's beach house frequently (the real Amanda's childhood home). Surely he'd have observed them both together. He would have also known that Jack and Emily were friends as well. Where are their pics together during David's stalking period?

I KNOW! He even had pictures of Fauxmanda's wedding to Jack where, you know, Emily was the maid of honor and Nolan was the officiant. I mean, maybe the PI David hired was the most selective photographer ever and cropped everyone but Jack and the baby out of every photo.

I loved that Emily revealing her real identity to David was a result of her losing control of her emotions, which we don't see very often. Heh I also loved that she just stormed into the beach house, ordered Victoria to get out, and David agreed with her. Ha! I doubt this show would kill off Queen V, but I can at least hope for a hospital stay that will put her out of commission for a week or two.

So typical of Emily that Daniel reveals he knows she is Amanda and she barely blinks. She knows he is beneath her and that she could squish him like a bug without breaking a sweat. I'm glad all he wanted was to be left out of the crossfire. I thought he would try to get some money out of her at the very least.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I don't expect Revenge to kill QV.  Perhaps she will go truly insane, and end up in that asylum Emily sent her to, but this time for good.

This season is much more fun.  Surprisingly to me, I think David's return is the reason.  At first I vehemently opposed it.  Now I think it might be making the entire season.   

• Love 1

I think it's funny that finding out Emily was Amanda made her more attractive to Daniel.

I thought that was hilarious too - he literally looked like he wanted part of it to be real with them - and Emily crushed that with her comment that it could have been if he hadn't sided with his family and thrown hers under the bus. He made his choice - now he has to live with it.

But I really would like it if he and Ems teamed up... the chemistry got to me a bit.

Part of that was probably real life chemistry - but wow... it still got me...

I really enjoyed this episode... first one I've re-watched in a while...

• Love 3
Amanda came to Emily's beach house frequently (the real Amanda's childhood home). Surely he'd have observed them both together. He would have also known that Jack and Emily were friends as well. Where are their pics together during David's stalking period?

I wonder if he has some kind of memory issue going on?  It would also explain him seeming to not remember that Victoria betrayed him.

I didn't miss Charlotte at all.

Does anyone?

I really don't want to see Emanda and Daniel become a couple again, despite any potential real life chemistry seeping into the roles. But it would be interesting to see them team-up.

I'm still waiting for Victoria to just blow up the rest of the cast (except for Nolan, natch) and move to Monaco and the show to end.

Edited by AndySmith

Before starting this episode, I told myself that if David didn't know Emily was Amanda, I was out for good. And then they suck me back in.

But seriously, how stupid is David? I cannot believe a father wouldn't recognize his only child (he didn't know about Charlotte and he even recognized her eyes).

Count me in on the Emily/Daniel chemistry. Hot damn. Daniel still shot her and left her for dead but they were quite funny/sexy together.

I'd forgotten Charlotte even existed until I read her name in this forum. Take note, show!

• Love 3