Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Ambush

Cranberry

I don't expect Revenge to kill QV.  Perhaps she will go truly insane, and end up in that asylum Emily sent her to, but this time for good.

This season is much more fun.  Surprisingly to me, I think David's return is the reason.  At first I vehemently opposed it.  Now I think it might be making the entire season.   

I agree. I practically rolled my eyes out of my head when David returned in the season finale, but the revelations that he's not he was cracked up be have become the best fodder this show has had since season 1. Great season so far - hope they wrap it up in May and go out on a high note. 

This was the first episode - ever - that I felt chemistry between Emily and Daniel.  I'm embarrassed to say it was a little hot.  He seemed to be totally flirting with her and almost checking out her butt while she climbed around the elevator.  I also found it completely typical that spoiled rich boy Daniel sat on his ass, while the girl who grew up in juvie crawled out of the elevator.

I've always loved to hate Victoria, but now I just hate her.  I can't stand to see her always landing on her feet.  There's no way in hell she would have demurely left the house as instructed.  She would spying so she could counter whatever Emily told him.  I'm tolerant of the crap that MS has done to her face, but I'm increasingly distracted by her asymmetrical lips.  She looks like she's had Bells Palsy or even a mild stroke.

I found it very farfetched that Victoria would chance those jewels being auctioned off to someone she had access to.  What if it ended up in a museum?  it was also unbelievable that her "friend" visited with her and offered her snacks.  Victoria was the queen bitch, and I'm sure women like her are enjoying shunning her.

• Love 3

If David had all those photos, he shouldn't have been surprised to learn Amanda wasn't living like a millionaire.

She was coming off Jack's yacht in one photo. He could have believe she purchased it for him.
  • Love 1

If Victoria figures out the nature of Louise's obsession, she may realize she could convince Louise to kill Emily simply by promising to love Louise like a daughter if she does. That might be a dangerous game to play, though, given the risk that Louise may kill Victoria if she doesn't deliver on her promises.

If David Clarke had so much money in his safety deposit box, why was he living like a Hobo in some guy's garage? Did I miss the part about how that guy died - the former prison guard whose garage it was? They said he died of a heart attack, but is the implication that David Clarke paid him off to live in his garage and then killed him? I'm confused about that.

Finally the scene we've been waiting for. Then Victoria goes and interrupts it! Stupid Victoria. David -- ugh, wish he'd stayed dead for Emily's sake, because he has fallen off his pedestal hard. He'd better be apologizing to Nolan publicly next episode!

I wasn't excited by this episode, because if David is just now realizing that Emily is Amanda then it means that he is really all that stupid.  He really was falling for Victoria's line of bullshit and nonsense.  He really thought Nolan kept stuff from his daughter and him punching Nolan wasn't part of some bigger plan.  It means that he really does talk like he is drugged.  I mean, just the fact that he found out Emily is his daughter but ran out to see what was up with Victoria is even something of a letdown.  The big news should be Emily is my daughter!

Will admit, am more intrigued by Louise and her brand of crazy.  Also happy that Nolan bought the classy boat club to be the next Stowaway.  I think Louise and Nolan would be interesting friends.  Don't miss Charlotte, hope rehab lasts a good long while....get it all out of your system Charlotte!

Annoyed by Jack's partner, who yanks someone's cell phone out of their hand and starts talking to the person on the other line who barely knows you and doesn't like you?  Let it go Jack's partner, she's just not that into you.  Also wondering what David has been up to for all those years, and totally understand Emily being pissy with him for not coming to get her, if he could arrange to have pictures taken of Amanda how could he not unravel the truth about her?

Also, very happy to see Emily kicking ass again!  

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

Victoria's actions at the end did seem improvised and incomprehensible--she insists she isn't going anywhere, and then suddenly decides to run for the hills, getting electrocuted in the process? If she does die, I wouldn't mind, but then I think we'd probably see Kara Clarke enter the scene. Emily's scene with David at the end was really powerful, and I don't think even Victoria falling into a hot tub with a lamp in her hand can stop it.

Actually I liked this episode.

Emily revealing to David in a fit of anger who she was worked brilliantly. I did laugh at Victoria getting hit by lightening as well.

Even the scene in the lift with Emily and Daniel was actuallly pretty good. I nearly felt bad for Daniel but then remembered he shot Emily last season so that didn't last long.

Loopy Lou is a joy to watch. Trying to kill Margaux, mocking Daniel's prowess (kind of) and buddying up to Nolan. Victoria obsession aside, she's actually kind of fun watch now.

Jack and Ben's scenes continue to drag the show. Jack just doesn't make sense as a cop and Ben is beyond irritating as well.

The lack of Charlotte was a wonderful thing to behold, 8/10

This damn show. A few minutes into this episode, I was getting agitated all over again that Emily doesn't just tell David who she is already!! So annoying. I'd basically sworn to myself that I was done with the show for a while. That I'd continue to record and I'd catch up once the truth finally came out but until then I was DONE. 

Stupid show apparently knows exactly how many episodes are my breaking point to keep me coming back.

Also, the Dan/Em scene was hot.

• Love 1

When last we saw Chair, wasn't it covered in red wine? Didn't Conrad's mistress throw the wine on it?

Thank you, I was wondering the same. I remember thinking "Did Victoria applied the old grandma technique of pouring salt and sparkling water on it or does she have a very efficient (and probably expensive) dry-cleaner?". But lack of continuity seems more likely....

Yes, as far as we knew, poor Chair was thrown out after the incident because old Vick replaced it with a new one which was never quite as cool.

The lady sitting it the Chair wasn't worthy, it brought the whole Chair down.

• Love 1