Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: The Last Fight

After Nick has a bizarre, unsettling vision, he and Hank find themselves on a case that takes them into the world of boxing. Trubel finds herself under the watchful eye of Agent Chavez before jumping into the ring to help with Nick's investigation. Monroe and Rosalee get some unexpected help in figuring out a way to restore Nick's Grimm abilities. Adalind encounters a mysterious visitor in her dungeon cell.

Damn they are just wesening all over the place tonight.   Who wasn't a Wesen?   (minor nitpick, when Theresa was fighting the Kid in the ring and he voged, how come he didn't see she was a Grimm?  she just lowered her head but her eyes were still visible.)

Awesome ending with son going after Mom rather than the Grimm.   And he didn't even know she was a Good Grimm.

Bud sighting.   But geez, guys you told the biggest run on mouth in town that Nick was de-grimmed.   It will be all over the Wesenworld in nothing flat.   But how cute was he worrying about Theresa.   Until Hank pointed out she was Nick's protege.   All is good.

Monroe did not like being around Mama Renard.   Clearly he was nervous.   Did I hear right that Mama is part of the resistance?  

Ya know, Nick needs a Grimm doctor, like they had a doctor for the Warehouse 13 people who knew the weird shit they had to deal with.   But then we would not have gotten the hilarious line:   Do you see things other people don't see?    So wanted Nick to go, well Doctor, all the time, I seen Wesen.   INstead we got long pause before he said no.   Which is technically true.   Other people CAN see Wesen in full voge.   They just don't believe their lying eyes or go crazy.

Speaking of which:   Tell Wu already.   This talkus interruptus is so old it is fossilized.

• Love 3

... Tell Wu already.   This talkus interruptus is so old it is fossilized.

Heh.

At this point, the only way it will work to tell him is if they are saving him or someone he cares about in the process. Or maybe if Nick is suffering as much as Wu did, he won't be so angry either when he finds out.

• Love 2

Always good to see Ron Canada.  Of course, I knew his character was bad news.  When have boxing promoters ever not been portrayed as sleazy guys in TV land?

Glad Monore and Rosalee finally got a bit more too.  Enjoyed watching them interacting with Renard's mom; Monroe especially, look like he wanted to be anywhere, but there.  Glad they're still working on a cure, because, despite what Juliette wants, Nick clearly is going to need it, since, apparently, everyone in Portland is pretty much Wesen.

I see Theresa has inherited Nick's fighting skills.  Took out not only Stan, but that other female Wesen boxer as well.  Grimms adapt quickly.  But, I loved that Clay refused to call her Trubel/Trouble.  Thanks, Clay.

Hey, Bud!

Seriously, guys.  The more you try to hide this from Wu, the more likely he's going to end up causing you guys major problems.

Adalind already escaped the Royals?  That was a waste of two episodes.

So, Chavez is working for some kind of organization, that wants a "Grimm's talents", for some reason.  I wonder what this whole deal is going to end up being...

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

An interesting episode that moved stuff forward a little, while giving us more wesen!

I like any excuse to see Lisa Gay Hamilton on my TV, so I was glad to see her, though a bit disappointed that she was on so little. I want to know more about that wesen, because she seemed to be a bit more willing to be blood-thirsty than the books led the gang to believe.

I believe that "The Hurricane", the lady boxer T. fought, was a horse, hence the ponytail and the long facial features. And generally, being a tall, big, woman.

It was a relief to see what a competent hexenbiest  could make of whatever Adalind was doing. Apparently Adalind also never watched The Amazing Race or she would know to read everything slowly and all the way through. Her penalty is being "twined" to Nick, so a smug snicker to you, Adalind! I hope she has to owe Hoffman big time for the food and the save. I don't trust that he is an independent; I think there is some deal between Viktor and Hoffman, but Hoffman is going off-book. He's squirelly, all that I am basing that theory on.

Bud!! I think Bud and Grumpy from Once Upon A Time need to see who blabs the fastest between the two. Okay, to be fair, Grumpy only runs around while being Captain Obvious about whatever crisis is happening.  Bud just can't fib to save his life, sweet, poor man!

Agent Chavez needs to speak with Nick and Renard. I hope T. tells Nick since he seems better, currently. Also, who is Chavez to say that what T./ the gang do isn't enough? Ask the people and the wesen Nick and the gang have actually helped! ( Okay, the kids that saw "Santa" getting beat up, maybe not, but still. *g*)

I love that Rosalee has someone who can thoroughly appreciate her abilities as an apothecary to the wesen world. Renard's mom seems like she could be a mentoring-type of wesen. Help Rosalee grow in her knowledge.

As for the guys in those half-masks, I wonder if they are Royal henchmen, Resistance henchmen, or some other faction or organization. I really hope they are not part of Chavez's group. I would hope Steinadlers would be more honorable and straight-on than masked henchies.

Oh, Tell Wu!!  ( I may have to name my fusion jazz group that.)

• Love 3

Loved all the scenes with Monroe, Rosalee, and Renard's mother.  Loved Monroe wondering aloud how they were going to read a book that couldn't be opened.  Can Renard's mom stay?  I bet she could kick Adalind's butt.

Nick definitely seems to have decided he wants his Grimmness back.  Wonder how that's going to go with Juliette?

So were they trying to say that there's a physical explanation for Grimmness - having extra cones in your eyes - and a physical reaction (swelling) caused by Adalind's potion that is preventing the Grimmness from working?

I was expecting the "Hoffmann" reveal to be a little more...momentous than it was,  If it's just gonna be some old guy that happens to have food and know a miraculously handy secret passage out of the royal dungeons, I'll be underwhelmed.  Maybe there will turn out to be more to it.  So far not impressed.

So are we going to have to camp outside the writers' building with signs that say "TELL WU!!!" ?  ;)

• Love 2

I think I am starting to lose interest in the show. Rather predictable story and it was quite clear that it was the sleazy boxing manager who was the bad guy.

Highlights were Renard's mom (Does she have a name?) and the boxer Clay.

Nick seems to be a total mess right now.

Is Adalind the Count of Monte Cristo?

Nick definitely seems to have decided he wants his Grimmness back.

He's always wanted his Grimmness back. I don't think he's ever said that he didn't. I liked his little outburst of frustration where he said he did not even know what 'normal' was anymore.

So were they trying to say that there's a physical explanation for Grimmness - having extra cones in your eyes - and a physical reaction (swelling) caused by Adalind's potion that is preventing the Grimmness from working?

I did like that they are trying to provide a scientific explanation for how Grimms can see things normal folks can't. Those extra cones could also explain why they are such good artists. So Adalind basically caused an inflammation that blocks information from getting to those extra cones. Maybe that's whats causing those excruciating headaches.

My unpopular opinion is going to be that Wu find out on his own. We have been through the whole telling and explaining stuff to Hank and Juliette twice now. I would  find it more entertaining to watch Wu piece things together and figure things out on his own and then confront them with the evidence. Especially since he has shown a willingness to believe in the existence of the impossible with the Aswang.

So I guess we know where Trubel is going when her stint in Portland is over.

• Love 3

I now believe that humans are the minority in Portland.

While I understand Nick's reluctance to have Trouble help out with every police case that might involve wesen, at the same time (1) she doesn't have anything else filling her schedule (2) she's a grimm so if any of the cases end up involving wesen, it is her responsibility, especially now that Nick isn't a grimm.

We have had a lot of crappy parents on this show, but the boxer's mom was definitely in the top ten.

So Jafar helped Adalind escape?

• Love 4

I've come to the conclusion that Portland is a regular Sunnydale, CA. Is there a Wesen version of the Hellmouth somewhere under the town attracting them? Or maybe there are full page ads in the underground Wesen newspaper. "Come to scenic Portland! The population is very accepting and our only Grimm is a good guy!" Though this may need to be revised.

Was I the only one who, when the promoter opened the door, thought OMG they got James Earl Jones as a guest star? I soon saw I was mistaken, but it gave me a chuckle. That guy could play JEJ's brother, though.

I guess only a Hexenbeist would pick up some stray green crystal from a cauldron..and eat it! Loved that it turned her briefly into Juliette..aha so that's how she did it, everybody!  

Reynard looks so vulnerable, and cute in that hospital bed. 

• Love 3

Glad they're still working on a cure, because, despite what Juliette wants, Nick clearly is going to need it, since, apparently, everyone in Portland is pretty much Wesen.

Hey, Bud!

Seriously, guys.  The more you try to hide this from Wu, the more likely he's going to end up causing you guys major problems.

So, Chavez is working for some kind of organization, that wants a "Grimm's talents", for some reason.  I wonder what this whole deal is going to end up being... 

So true.

Bud sighting.   But geez, guys you told the biggest run on mouth in town that Nick was de-grimmed.   It will be all over the Wesenworld in nothing flat.  

"I gotta get home and not tell anybody!" just slayed me.

Always good to see Ron Canada.  Of course, I knew his character was bad news.  When have boxing promoters ever not been portrayed as sleazy guys in TV land?

That's a TV trope that I don't find to be a stretch. Maybe Don King is always in Woge? It would explain the hair.

I hope so, assuming those folks are on the up and up. The writers probably had a couple of different exit strategies in mind. Having her leave as a live, fully-powered Grimm would be my choice. It also would have the potential for future guest appearances linking Nick to the larger world.

I think Portland/Wesen is like Boca Raton, FL/old folks.  Somehow, they just know...

Well, the show has implied that Wesen are everywhere, including a fair number of criminals, some police, and tonight, athletes. It's Nick that's special, not Portland (aside from being a wonderful city, that is).

ETA: I think Trubel's sparring partner was a Nuckelavee? A formidable opponent.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Nuckelavee

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1

I think Portland/Wesen is like Boca Raton, FL/old folks.  Somehow, they just know...

Didn't they address this in a line or two in a previous season? Sort of like immigrants from one locale will follow their former neighbors to settle in the same new place?

I hope so, assuming those folks are on the up and up. The writers probably had a couple of different exit strategies in mind. Having her leave as a live, fully-powered Grimm would be my choice. It also would have the potential for future guest appearances linking Nick to the larger world...
I don't mind Truble, but I'd vote for that if it would give us more screen time with Monroe, Bud, and lighter characters in general.
  • Love 1

I don't mind Truble, but I'd vote for that if it would give us more screen time with Monroe, Bud, and lighter characters in general.

I like Truble too. But once Nick gets his powers back, I'm not sure she fits in very easily, and I was under the impression that they were never adding her for the long haul. If she ends up as Nightwing instead of Robin, that's a good way to go.

We have had a lot of crappy parents on this show, but the boxer's mom was definitely in the top ten.

We've seen a lot of crap parenting from Wesen trying to impose the "traditional ways" on their more assimilated kids, but this mom was pushing her son to go against their culture, heck, against their "biology" (Wesen-ality?).

• Love 1

Basically I'm going with the Portland nemeton drawing the troubled wesen to the hellmouth -- although I think it may be a tiny bit like the whole Pierogi thing and Chicago or Lutefisk in Madison, Wisconsin.

We've seen a lot of crap parenting from Wesen trying to impose the "traditional ways" on their more assimilated kids, but this mom was pushing her son to go against their culture, heck, against their "biology" (Wesen-ality?).

http://www.flohome.com/images/wesson.jpg

I'm hoping Quantico but based on that meet-and-greet we saw this ep I'm thinking that FBI lady may be working outside of her professional capacity.

They are totally trying to Midichlorian Grimm powers and me no likey! This was a pretty decent episode but I am really missing Nick being a Grimm. Without them, he's kind of blah. This may be me but Monroe and Rosalee looping Hank in on their quest for the cure and Juliette's request really reminds me of my family. Dealing with helping the injured party without stressing him out and letting the kid pick up the slack. Yup functional family unit there! I liked Trubel befriending Clay which showed a warm side we haven't seen much from her. Solid B+ for me.

• Love 2

I think it'll be interesting if Trubel dies somehow. She takes a lot of risks as it is, but I think the effect on Nick would be interesting. And how do you kill a Grimm? I think maybe it could be the thing that sways Juliette over into agreeing that Nick's Grimm abilities are something he needs to have - maybe he could have saved her if he was one etc.

I feel like both Elementary and Grimm are doing this massive change to the characters/format that we know won't last too long, but really underscores how much of the show is good based on the premise - Sherlock/Joan working together and Nick being a Grimm. You remove that, and it really shows how much of the soul of the show goes missing.

Took me FOREVER to realize Renard's mom was Louise Lombard. Despite seeing her name in the credits. And knowing her from CSI. You do an accent, and suddenly I don't recognize you lol.

• Love 1

I think Nick and Hank have become a bit too lazy and complacent. Try solving crime the old fashioned way and pin the murders on the criminal using good old detective work. It may take them longer but it would not be as dangerous as confronting the bad guy with 'we know you are wesen' and then needing to get bailed out by Trubel. They could have used their guns as well.

Why were there so many back lit brain scans on the wall when the neurologist was talking to Nick and Juliette? Was that all Nick's or was the neurologist just using them for wall decoration?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I guess it would have been too on-the-nose to name Clay's character Ferdinand, or have him dream about a career as a florist. I had a feeling the mom was awful (I got an Unbreakable vibe from her), but I was nonetheless horrified when she started beating her son.  And when he damaged his own arm -- was he just redirecting his rage, or was he injuring himself in some permanent way to keep from boxing?

I really like Renard's mom, and I like teaming her up with Monroe and Rosalee.  She'd have to be uber-competent to have survived the Royals all these years.  Maybe she can pass on some knowledge and expertise to expand the Spice Shop.

An interesting theory.  And now I want to know if I'm one of those women who sees extra colors!

So Adalind shows up in Portland next episode?  If her escape was that easy, I hope Rumpelstiltskin makes life miserable for her later on in the series.

I think Nick and Hank have become a bit too lazy and complacent. Try solving crime the old fashioned way and pin the murders on the criminal using good old detective work.

Although I don't think the writers will do this, I'd like to see them get a case that they assume is Wesen-related, only to realize it isn't and they have to solve it the old-fashioned way.

• Love 1

I don't know why they insist on doing a Crime of the Week story every single episode, because it just emphasizes the main weakness on this show, which is that by now it seems like everyone in Portland is Wesen. Don't they already have enough going on without the Wesen of the week? This pointless boxing story served no purpose.

It occurs to me they could easily explain away why Trubel is staying with Nick without having to tell Wu about Wesen. They could just say she's in witness protection and Nick is watching her until a certain case goes to trial. I agree they need to tell him something, and putting him off could cause a lot more trouble down the line.

• Love 2

Things that need to happen on the show please.

1) Make Nick a Grimm again the police cases are mich more interesting when he is one.

2) For the love of Pete just tell Wu already, love him and his snark, want him to become part of the Scooby-Doo gang.

3) Ship Juliette off to a foreign country to treat animals or something. She is boring and drags down every scene she is in!

• Love 6

Dear Monroe,

Instead of telling someone a big ass secret and following it up with "but probably don't tell anyone else", don't tell anyone else your own damn self in the first place.

That was just stupid and clunky.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 5

I guess it would have been too on-the-nose to name Clay's character Ferdinand, or have him dream about a career as a florist. I had a feeling the mom was awful (I got an Unbreakable vibe from her), but I was nonetheless horrified when she started beating her son.  And when he damaged his own arm -- was he just redirecting his rage, or was he injuring himself in some permanent way to keep from boxing?

The way I interpreted it, he injured himself to get himself out of boxing permanently.  Neither his mother nor anyone else would be able to force him into it ever again because no matter what, he'd never again be able to do it physically.  Throughout the episode, he had tried to tell people he wouldn't do it anymore only to find himself literally attacked and forced into it, so I can see why at that point he would be desperate enough to injure himself if that's what it took to be free from a lifestyle he hated.

I don't know why they insist on doing a Crime of the Week story every single episode, because it just emphasizes the main weakness on this show, which is that by now it seems like everyone in Portland is Wesen. Don't they already have enough going on without the Wesen of the week? This pointless boxing story served no purpose.

Agreed.  I guess they feel they have to have some crime of the week on a fairly regular basis.  It serves as filler and background for the overall story arc of the season.  But I wouldn't cry if they didn't have it every week, and this one was boring to me as I don't care about boxing at all and, as a poster upthread said, it was obvious from the start that the boxing manager was the bad guy.  (I did think he bore a strong resemblance to James Earl Jones, though.  He had a similar build and the shape of his mouth was very similar too.)  I guess the big surprise was supposed to be Clay's mother turning out to be so mean.

The CotWs can be pretty lame, but the problem is that without them, all the show has is the overall mythology arc with the royals and the keys - which suuuuuuuuucks. I definitely don't want any more airtime going to that. So, I want the CotWs, I just want them to be more interesting. This show was always at its best for me on a micro level, when the cases meant Nick getting involved in local Wesen politics, and I wish the writers would expand on that. It would also let the writers finally bring Monroe and Rosalee back to the forefront - they've played around a bit at Rosalee potentially being a leader of the local Wesen, and if they went all the way with that, Monroe and Rosalee could be involved in the CotWs in a way that isn't redundant like now (they're no longer needed to ID local Wesen since Renard is around, Hank being in the know eliminates the need for Monroe as a partner, and they beat the Potion of the Week solution to death back in S2).

• Love 5

So was I the only one who thought the guy behind the dungeon wall was Vicktor? He talked about playing a game with Adalind, so I wouldn't put it past him.

I thought his voice sounded like Viktor's so I wouldn't be surprised if he is just in disguise. Like Jafar!
  • Love 2

it just emphasizes the main weakness on this show, which is that by now it seems like everyone in Portland is Wesen.

I long ago decided that the Wesen were like any other immigrant population that clusters in certain cities or parts of the country, to foster a sense of community or to take part in a power structure, or because that's where the business opportunities are.

I can't wait for Wu to either figure out what's going on or for them to tell him already. Even though Nick is not currently a Grimm his continuing disagreement towards telling him what he is close to figuring out on his own is disrespectful and short sighted. He's been unknowingly exposed by Wesen more than once & he's not an idiot. Of the two of them I feel if Nick doesn't fess up soon Hank most definitely will and the repercussions will be damaging to their relationship.

• Love 1

Hank & Nick may have a hard time explaining to the ME how they ...ooops.... broke the Schinderdiv's neck.

That's a good point- I actually enjoyed this episode because it was the first Monster of the Week we've seen in a while, really.  But in the first season, Nick was the ethical cop and thus the ethical Grimm.  He explicitly didn't take lives unless he had to, which added a certain realism to the show wherein he had to balance his secret life and his public one.  It's what drew me in: the police procedural that was surprisingly tight on believable actions and crime scene work with a dash of this supernatural twist.

But now, in the fourth season, he's got the kind of known body count that even as a cop should be triggering some FBI or DoJ level of involvement and investigation.  I get that writers think supporting your mytharc- or just progressing through the seasons- requires you keep upping the ante on tension and violence like a drug, to keep it potent, but I think that's where the show steered wrong.

• Love 2

If she ends up as Nightwing instead of Robin, that's a good way to go.

Damn straight! I'm in love with Theresa Rubel and I don't care who knows it! She gets better and better with every episode (even if the nickname gets worse and worse). The thing about Nightwing is, he got his own series. If Trubel ended up leaving Portland to work on a larger scale, I would toss Grimm in a heartbeat to follow her adventures. She's been a fabulous addition to the show, to the point where she has stolen it! Everything else Grimm has going on is so unremarkable, and so similar to what it had before. She's exactly what the show needed, and I'll miss her like crazy if/when she does go!

Theresa has some real growing to do, which is INTERESTING! and Nick... doesn't. Powers or no, zombie or living, with Juliette or without, he's always somehow just the same. None of the characters really change, or show any room or need for change. No matter what they go through, nothing ever changes! I feel like Theresa is a blessing because she is so young, and has learned so much so fast, but she's processing, and she IS changing right in front of our eyes, and there's something really exciting and refreshing about that on a show that remains so frustratingly static from week to week. If/when she does go, and the status quo is regained, I might be done with Grimm. This show spends so much time spinning its wheels, it's almost painful. (Speaking of: Wu. Tell him or drop it. This is ridiculous.)

Also, the storyline I can barely bring myself to follow continues. Adalind. What's up with that? Can someone explain to me why the main character's boss's sort-of girlfriend gets a whole separate storyline devoted to her on another continent that has no connection with what is happening in the central story, while the main character's close acquaintances barely get to put in token appearances? I wondered this all last season while she was pregnant and cavorting with gypsies and the like (as though I was supposed to care about who ended up with her baby), and I am still wondering. She's not a good guy, and not really a villain (when she shows up, the good guys dislike her, but let her fall asleep on their couches, because no one feels strongly about her one way or the other. So why should the audience?); Nick and the other central characters have little to no stake in what happens to her, so what is the point of her? Is she a way to keep the Royals connected to the story? But no, because the Royals are only really connected to her, and she's not connected to the story! It's not that I don't like the character, I just don't understand the purpose of putting so much focus on her. At first, I thought her extended story in Europe was going to be significant for the main characters when it wrapped up, but apart from a few ripples that didn't effect any change, it seems like the writers are just extending her European Vacation story indefinitely, as some sort of, what... time-filling measure? I just don't get it!

• Love 1

I realize that this is Grimm, not the most realistic of shows, but the fact that an early forties actress is playing the mother of an early forties actor really bugs me.

I thought by having Renard say "she's had work done" and by having Monroe and others gape when she was introduced not as his wife or girlfriend or even sister, but as his mother, that the show was trying to be deliberately ironic with the casting. No? Or at least after-the-casting ironic?
  • Love 3

Tell Wu already. Regrimm Nick. Send Trubble off with FBI lady. Kill Juliette. And start a Wu/Adelind relationship.

Boring week. Feels like the show is just treading water.

I think I am starting to lose interest in the show. So I guess we know where Trubel is going when her stint in Portland is over.

Now, now, lets talk about the new Grimm, Teresa Rubel, aka "Trubel". I like her! I don't want to ship her off or kill her off. I think she looks like Nick. I think it would be cool if they found out they were related some how - cousins or something. Maybe we can learn that all Grimms are blood-related in the end. I think having a second Grimm adds to the show's dynamic and gives some fresh energy. The actress plays this well. She has the right amount of edgy, paranoid and fearless kick-assery, which I like. Plus, think of all the different story lines that are possible since she's a girl. So, keep her please!

I also hope they tell Wu what's up. The poor guy needs to be in on this. He could be a good asset.

I also didn't think the show was boring this week. I like all the characters and if the show moves more slowly, that is fine. I enjoy a little suspense and anticipation to look forward to each week.

• Love 3

Well, there you go:  strokes/folks.  I'm only hanging in there for the COTW action.  I love seeing the different creatures--mermaids!  minotaurs!--and their various skillsets.  (Boy, it's really lucky Nick inherited the Wesen Wikipedia!)  

Could.  Not.  Care.  Less. about The Royals, The Resistance, Adelind, Adelind's baby and the new background branch with Chavez et al.  Yawn.  Seems that fresh, interesting characters like Renard's mother and Trouble could've been introduced without harking back to the 14th century.

I think I liked the L&O:Criminal Intent system best, which I put at 5/95.  "Oh, you're a regular viewer?  Thanks, here's a doggie biscuit for you about Goren's daddy.  Everybody else, don't even worry about it."  The 95/5 mode would be OUAT, where you miss an episode and suddenly someone's marrying her own grandfather in an alternative timeline.  "Wait.  What?"

• Love 5

I long ago decided that the Wesen were like any other immigrant population that clusters in certain cities or parts of the country, to foster a sense of community or to take part in a power structure, or because that's where the business opportunities are.

That may be true, but Rosalee is from lived in and has family in Seattle, Nick was born elsewhere, I think Monroe and Renard were as well (their parents don't seem to have connections to Portland). And more than a few cases have involved Wesen who were just passing through Portland. 

I think people are trying to explain away something that the show doesn't think needs explaining away. Wesen are everywhere, we just don't see them as such. They don't seem to cluster with other types of Wesen as much as they blend in with other humans from the same cultural background or ethnicity, or they cluster in occupations that suit their Wesen traits.

There are well-established antagonisms between specific different types of Wesen, and their ability to organize to protect common Wesen interests seems limited and only emerges under great common threat. 

ETA: A certain amount of Wesen activity has come from outside Portland to Nick because he's a Grimm who is (unusually) staying in one place and operating more or less openly as a Grimm. Again, it's Nick that's special, not Portland.

• Love 1

I realize that this is Grimm, not the most realistic of shows, but the fact that an early forties actress is playing the mother of an early forties actor really bugs me.

Hexenbiests  work blood magic. They have been introduced as seducers and powerful magic-users. Why would they not want to keep as young as they feel they want to get away with? 

As for Renard's introductions, he's actually trusting them with the knowledge that this woman is his mom. Not that Elizabeth can't  take care of herself. It's that Viktor and company are always looking for Elizabeth, in the way they are searching for Diana. It's knowledge of where and who she is that can be dangerous to know.

but Rosalee is from Seattle

Rosalee is from Portland. She moved to Seattle to stay clean after her drug addiction caused her to miss her father's funeral. She stayed after her brother, Freddie's, death in Three Coins in a Fuchsbau due to Monroe. (Yay!)

• Love 2

"I think it would be cool if they found out they were related some how"

Well - I thought the fact that they brought up that she was brought up by foster parents (before they were murdered) clearly foreboded that they were going to explain a family connection later. Nick's mother is due for a visit.

I can't figure out where the FBI steinadler fits in, but a season ago they had a different steinadler who appeared to have a connection to his aunt. They explained that the personality of a steinadler is something like sam the agle on the muppets - they are mostly concerned about order but they also have their own private agenda or weaknesses. For example, his aunt's friend was very susceptible to the influence of the 3 coins.

I doubt that they would do something like learn that Theresa is really half grimm/half steinadler with dominant grimm expression, but I bet she could be related in some way.

Another thing they have to settle is who his mother is working for, or is she independent too. It seems like grimms are more like knights who different groups try to enlist for a cause. Sometimes they work for royal family members. Or this FBI group suggested they could go work for her. Will Trubel be Nick's assistant, or will she enlist somewhere else. They wouldn't have had her failing to mention being abducted by the FBI agent in this episode if she wasn't mulling it over. I wonder if she found Juliette's bicycle

Rosalee is from Portland. She moved to Seattle to stay clean after her drug addiction caused her to miss her father's funeral. She stayed after her brother, Freddie's, death in Three Coins in a Fuchsbau due to Monroe. (Yay!)

Very well, she does have a conveniently unhealthy aunt who lives in Seattle.

• Love 1

I figure her comparatively youthful appearance indicates how skillful a hexenbiest Renard's mom is. She seems to know more about potions and such than Adalind, she's had more experience, and she's got enough hexenbeistiality to maintain a changed appearance. Maybe we'll get a glimpse of her as she would naturally look later in the season.

The old man in the dungeon looked like Viktor to me. Viktor and friends think the Resistance has the baby. Releasing Adalind and tracking her will lead them, they think, to both the baby and the Resistance. Otherwise, why let her go so easily. He's got cameras trained on that cell, how can he not know about the secret passage?

Edited by ABay
  • Love 3

The CotWs can be pretty lame, but the problem is that without them, all the show has is the overall mythology arc with the royals and the keys - which suuuuuuuuucks. I definitely don't want any more airtime going to that. So, I want the CotWs, I just want them to be more interesting. This show was always at its best for me on a micro level, when the cases meant Nick getting involved in local Wesen politics, and I wish the writers would expand on that.

The problem is, it's almost too late for that now. They've built up so much back story the show feels cluttered. I do agree I enjoyed the show more in the first season when it was simpler, and basically a crime procedural with a supernatural twist, but if they want to go back to that they need to first clean up the mess they've created. Between Nick losing his Grimm power, the addition of Trubel, and Wu starting to get suspicious, there is enough to deal with as it is. When you throw in your weekly crime story, nothing gets the proper attention it needs.

I'm also wondering if Nick lost all his Grimm abilities, or just his ability to see Wesen, because over the past few seasons he's built up other abilities like super hearing and reflexes. Does he still have those?

Hexenbiests  work blood magic. They have been introduced as seducers and powerful magic-users. Why would they not want to keep as young as they feel they want to get away with? 

Well, I assumed that Adalind's mother was also a powerful Hexenbiest, yet Adalind (who is considerably younger than Renard) has a mother who is a beautiful, but looking her age, fifty year old woman.  Had they done it all along, it probably wouldn't have bothered me, this time, it does.

Some hexenbeists are fine aging naturally.   Some hexenbeists like to look younger than they are.   Or they adjust for the job they are doing.   Because wasn't Frau Pesch a hexenbeist and that hag was ancient.    Could be personal choice, could be business.   Compared to other stuff left to the fans to figure out, this one is simple.

• Love 1
Well, I assumed that Adalind's mother was also a powerful Hexenbiest, yet Adalind (who is considerably younger than Renard) has a mother who is a beautiful, but looking her age, fifty year old woman.

We don't know how old Adalind's mother actually was, only how old she looked. She could have been a youthful-looking 100.

• Love 1