Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I'm also really liking both Jen Lilley and Theresa.  Theresa is the kind of character I can root for -- she's flawed, but acts out because of her insecurities and thus is quite vulnerable.  She's her own worst enemy, not at all unlike Sami and Nicole.   I'm really glad tptb brought the character on, as a 'newer generation' trouble-maker, vixen-in-the-making. 

I, also, hate that she's being subjected to some of the crappiest characters like Brady and Jen. Actually, I was enjoying her relationship with Brady before the Jawn whack-a-mole thing happened.  I liked how, under the haze of coke and booze, they were starting to develop feelings for each other, but didn't want to admit it, because both are afraid of getting hurt.  I could have gone for a pairing with those two like that.   

Now that Sami/AS is leaving, I really hope they plan on Theresa/JL as their new lead, and not Abby/KM, who is not up to the job, imo.  I'm actually feelings nervous for the show when both AS and JS leave.  Ugh, please don't fuck this up, Corday.  You owe me for all the time I spent watching this crapfest over the last ~25 years, especially all this recent stuff with non-dead Nick and I-wish-she-were-dead Abby.  You owe me, man. 

• Love 5

They should have made part of Theresa's backstory her resentment of her father's jet setting career as an international spy (law enforcer?  I don't remember) and her mother's occasional descent into multiple personalities.  Also her father's affair with her Aunt Kayla, which scarred me.  Instead, she bitches about judgmental dinners at the family table.  With parents who divorced when she was an infant and reconciled when she was in her 20's.  Opportunity missed.  

• Love 1

Theresa deserves a better boyfriend than this rabid ape

I can't feel bad for her when she's telling that ape that he put his father in a coma, and smiled every time she heard that his condition was deteriorating. I won't buy any redemption for her unless she confesses before her back is against the wall. As it currently stands, I hope she and Kristen obliterate each other.

• Love 1

Does Abigail's vagina emit some brainwashing scent? It's the only explanation I can possibly think of as to why the men in this town are so into her. Ollie, EJ, and now Chad again. This show just keeps going downhill faster and faster.  I'm so over it once Sami and EJ are gone as there is just nothing promising in Days future right now. 

• Love 3

I can get past Theresa conking John with the poker, but it's hard for me to feel badly for her since she pinned the blame on Brady. I adore Theresa, but I'm not sure how she'll get out of that one. The comparisons between Theresa and Nicole (both in terms of characterization and their portrayers' acting abilities) are spot on. If Nicole has to apologize ad nauseaum for what she did to Eric, I can only imagine the abuse the good, upstanding citizens of Salem will heap upon Theresa for this mess. I'd rather her remain  unrepentant than have to endure the writers' rehash of Nicole's perpetual sad face routine with Theresa.

• Love 3

I'm sorry, but Holy Jonas and Kristen working to bring down Theresa is all kinds of wrong and stupid. Am I supposed to be rooting for the Master Criminal just because she's attached to The Holy one? What Theresa did was terrible, but it wasn't something that was planned to destroy John. Something Kristen specializes in. Theresa is acting horribly, but I get that she is scared. Kristen is just evil and twisted.

• Love 2

I have no idea how they will have Theresa come back from this, assuming it will be proven that she was the one to hit Jawn.  I thought they might be going the pregnant route with her one nighter with Brady, but that would suck, so I hope they don't do it.  We don't need baby stories.  Maybe Jawn won't remember.  Even better if he goes back to being Robo John.  Didn't he and Sami get along during that time?  And didn't he and Mar not get along?  Perfect. 

I wish they had Theresa come up with a better story though -- like Brady was defending her from Jawn attacking her when they told him about their quickie marriage, or that she was the one who hit Jawn because he pushed her down and was threatening Brady, instead of claiming she was out of the room when it happened.  She could have said she witnessed the whole thing, so she wouldn't have to lie about all of it.  It might not have changed the trajectory of the storyline, but it would be a more plausible explanation. The best lies are those that have some truth to them (uh, so I've heard). 

LeftPhalange, I, too, wish that Sami and Theresa could have schemed together.  That's what the whole 'coven' idea was about.  All the bad girls getting together to compare notes and discuss strategy over cocktails. 

Haven't watched today's show yet, but ugh... more Abby propping, and Dan and Kristen working together?  Whatever happened to the excitement of watching a Monday show because you knew it would be good and you'd get to see how the cliffhangers end?  This is not what I want to see. I'd rather be pushed off the cliff.     

Bantering, No, they haven't and it's weird.  Her family wasn't/isn't poor.  Dysfunctional, yes, but poor, no.  I can buy that she didn't get allll the things as a kid, so Brady's money is appealing to her greedy little heart, but she wasn't living in a car, or anything.  I wish they'd stop that. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 1

I suppose Brady's stupidity infected Teresa during sexual relations.

That can happen you know. I think it's a parasitic disorder in the Black family line. John infected Marlena with a hideous disease that turned her face and heart to stone and then he infected Kristen with batshit insanity.  Brady infects his partners with stupidity and grasping neediness (see Nicole).

It's truly awful and I've been thinking about starting a charity drive for their victims.

• Love 5

I suppose Brady's stupidity infected Teresa during sexual relations.

That can happen you know. I think it's a parasitic disorder in the Black family line. John infected Marlena with a hideous disease that turned her face and heart to stone and then he infected Kristen with batshit insanity.  Brady infects his partners with stupidity and grasping neediness (see Nicole).

It's truly awful and I've been thinking about starting a charity drive for their victims.

You're absolutely right.  It IS a parasitic disorder.  Considering it came from Jawn, I suspect the only cure is massive doses of Gax-X.  Along with a complete detox to eliminate giving everyone the snake eye.

(Was DH EVER a decent actor??? I have to say he does "coma" extremely well, though.)

• Love 1

Isn't it nice of Jenn to tell someone else to get out of someone else's house like she lives there. Kristen standing there and letting Jenn tell her that. If Theresa said it, Kristen wouldn't go anywhere but because a Holy Horton said it, you know it's time to go. 

Also how pathetic Jenn looked saying she was going for a walk and seen Dan's light on so that was the green light to go to his house unannounced. Not only that she just enters his house without Dan inviting her in, now I see where Abby gets it from. I see where Dan can get frustrated with Jenn because she always speaks in that judgmental tone and feels like she needs to know everyone's business. STFU Jenn.

IDK what's with soap writers fascination on people getting drugged which is mostly men that are drugged and taken advantage of more than female characters. That's the cliche, the women become needy and the men are drugged. Of course the writers make JJ commit the #1 rule when going to a party/bar/club and that's to always carry your drink with you, no matter where you're going. If out of your sight for one second, don't drink it.

Can Eve stop playing these high school games? I wish she would help out Theresa more than trying to break up a young adult couple.

Abby eww girl don't need to be wearing red lipstick, she looks goofy in it just like her mother. Wearing white, girl no, IDK why the whole town didn't start cackling when they see her in that. Abby looked weird today.

Ben does need to be fired, he does things at work that are just inappropriate, him giving Jordan a free drink, having Abby make drinks behind the bar, giving her long kisses, and something else he did that he knew he wasn't suppose to be doing but I forgot.

Chad, IDK what to say, but his performance is rather week and awful. I'm gonna give him a few more episodes to impress but knowing Days casting, I more than likely won't be a fan. I bet he won't ream her out like he did EJ. Loser.

• Love 1

After the weirdness of Kristen/Eric, why are they recycling the drugging storyline with JJ? Eve should know better....BTW, how tall is Eve? She looks almost as tall as EJ...

I can't believe Daniel finds Jennifer's dress so scintillating. It's not THAT nice.

Does Nu-Chad have an accent of some kind? I wasn't expecting his voice to sound like that.... at first, I thought bringing out the gun was weird, but when he reminded EJ that he took a bullet for him, I was like "ohhhh, burn..." Watching EJ's face to Chad's rant was kind of funny....I didn't think Nu-Chad's acting was that great at first, but somehow he did manage to make EJ look like a weenie when the bullet turned out to be non-existent...

Edited by bantering

Is that kaftan that Jenn is wearing supposed to make men drool?  it looks like something she would wear between the beach and the cabana.  And Paige lost her pants somewhere.  Theresa's dress is just wtf, and I usually like what she wears.  And Abigail looked like the Whore Bride.

I hope Chad calls her out instead of worshipping at the Holy Vajayjay.  But I also hope Ben busts his face.

Jennifer just can't help but be judgemental, can she?  But I thought it was funny that Kristen can stand up to all of the men, and to Theresa and Marlena, but she can't handle it when confronted by Jennifer.

• Love 1

I thought the roofie was not planned, am I wrong?

I didn't think it was, either. I'm not sure exactly what the plan was but it was stressed several times over that crossing certain legal lines was not welcomed. At least that how it came off to me.

I think the plan was supposed to be that JJ was going to fall all over the hooker when she came running up to him claiming that Rory had tongued her, but JJ ran off to find Rory, instead.

Nobody cares that all of these minors are drinking?  Who organizes this thing?  I hope the University has nothing to do with it.  And yet it occurs year after year after year.

I didn't think it was, either. I'm not sure exactly what the plan was but it was stressed several times over that crossing certain legal lines was not welcomed. At least that how it came off to me.

It seemed the plan was for JJ to get drunk and then want to "save" Jill or whatever.

If JJ wanted a girl who didn't like tongue, he already has one.  If Jill ran up to him, said Rory slipped her the tongue but she wanted more, he'd be on her.

Jen's normal outfits are so bad, that just dressing in something decent that fits her correctly makes her seem like a sex goddess.  Well to Abby and Dan, not to me.  She looked nice, but not irresistible.  

Welcome to the Annual Salem U. Freshman Beach Blanket Boinkathon!  It does my heart good to see the young'uns grooving to the tunes of The UnDead SeaMonkeys.  And I mean REAL undead seamonkeys.  Where do the soaps get that lousy musak they ask us to think is party music anyway?   I know budgets are bad but Good Lord that music.....

Unless MaryBeth made a compilation tape of her favorite songs.  I can see these being favorites of hers.  Our Man Rory is the life of the party, isn't he?  In this case, I feel sorry for Rory being with such a group of downers.  My liking for Paige is fading bit by bit, and I don't want it to.  I liked how she was first introduced, a "nice" girl who wasn't also an idiot.  But they started morphing her into a Horton clone, making her glum and judgemental, and pushing her truly unpleasant friend MaryBeth on to JJ when all MB has done is tear him down.  I hope they hit the reset button on Paige because we do NOT need an Abigail or Jenn wannabe.  Hell, we don't even need Abigail or Jenn.

I have to admire Dr. Dan for telling Jenn the truth.  When he said "I can't be alone with you in that dress" to Jenn I took him to mean he was nauseated by her "witches night out" look as I was.  And wasn't Abigail running around town in a skirt just like that one, down to ankles just last week?  I do most heartily detest Dirty Dan, and resent Jenn even more for making me cheer him on.  But I did, when he told her to shut her mousetrap and keep her opinions to herself.  Which, of course, didn't stop her.  Dirty Dan better watch it, though, because Jenn won't tolerate that level of disrespect for long from him.  She'll be whipping up her eye of newt casserole for him in record time if he doesn't back off and resume worshipping at her HooHaw real soon.  Danny Boy needs to take a good long look at the hell she put Jack through before he continues to irritate her.  Otherwise, he better get used to singing soprano.

Neat, isn't it, that Abigail is dressing more and more like Baby Jane Hudson these days!  That virginal white is just perfect for her.  I hope she swept the pigeon shit off that bench before she parked her sainted behind on it to text Ollie.  It would be great if Ollie blew her off because he has a secret date with T, but I doubt Ollie has the smarts for that.

And IMO, good things come in small packages!  I LIKE the new Chad, even if he had to stand on his tippy toes to stare EJ in the kneecaps.  I thought the actor turned in a pretty good first appearance, all things considered.  He stood up to EJ with an intense calmness, and I suspect (or at least hope hope hope) that tomorrow he'll be wiping that self-satisfied smile off Abigail's face.  I'm hoping that Chad is back for vengeance, NOT for love. 

I was really, really tired of Kristen last time around, but this time, not so much.  So far she's not onboard the crazy train, but instead playing it smart - mostly for her own good, for sure, but this version of Kristen is much easier for me to take.  I don't know how the writers want us to feel about this constant Dan/Kristen thing, but I hope they don't go there.  Even if it's only the town crazy lady, I want there to be at least one woman in Salem who does NOT find Pigpen to be this irresistible hunka hunka burnin' love.  Unless she feels the need to scrub him down with a wire brush and then take him to the vet for neutering.  That I would be down with.

But now we have the Hero of the Show, Ryan Lavery - OOPS!, I mean Jason Morgan - OOOPS!, I mean Nick Newman - OOOOPS Again!, I mean John McBain - WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?? , I mean Dirty Danny Jonas to save the day, to save Brady, because he's the town SUPERMAN who rights all wrongs and can leap over all wimmin at single bound!

Why did - or do - all of our soaps in the last decade try to forcefeed us one SUPER Guy who can do anything, is always riding to the rescue, and is just every woman's dreamboat and the envy of all lesser men??

Because, dear Writers, IT DOESN'T WORK - and every single one of them ALWAYS needs a bath.

Last note - I don't want this hooker with a cell phone crap to bring down JJ.   First of all, I like the guy.  And second, can you imagine what a holy hell his horror of a sister and harridan of a mother will make his life??

Last, last note (really, I mean it this time).  What on earth do you think Maggie does when she's babysitting Parker?  Does she let him play hide and seek in her hair?  Does she teach him how to look down his nose at lesser beings?  Maybe she lets him play dressup with all the outfits she got at the Dynasty Outlet Mall?  Maggie does not strike me as a fun time for any kid.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

When he said "I can't be alone with you in that dress" to Jenn I took him to mean he was nauseated by her "witches night out" look as I was

That was *exactly* what I was thinking.  :D

What on earth do you think Maggie does when she's babysitting Parker?

Judges him for not being a Horton.

• Love 2

Isn't it nice of Jenn to tell someone else to get out of someone else's house like she lives there. Kristen standing there and letting Jenn tell her that. If Theresa said it, Kristen wouldn't go anywhere but because a Holy Horton said it, you know it's time to go. 

I cannot believe I am going to defend Jenn but I do think, as she was supposedly Kristen's friend, that she had a right to unload on her.  And Kristen did kidnap and beat Dr Dan, so Jenn probably thought she should order her out of the house to protect him. And I think Kristen in all her craziness does care about what Jenn thinks of her and that is why she left.  Jenn being seriously angry at Kristen, finally, is normal, and I think their friendship was kind of abnormal, but then I didn't watch when they became friends.

However, Jenn looked like a loser showing up at Dan's door a second time, you are so correct, and I think she also looked like shit.  I don't know how they do it but they really make her look worse than I think she really looks.  The makeup/hair people must hate her.

• Love 1

So first that have the fake out with Sami throwing The Mistress over the railing and now they have Chad shoot at EJ with an unloaded gun. SMH. Why do they keep teasing us like this.

Jen and Dan need to go play in traffic.

Oh yay, another person has been drugged and taken advantage of.

Me, I just say it was the writers, once again, choosing to write an OOC EJ to put their pets front and center and screw over EJami.

If you want to talk about couples being screwed over I would put EJami near the bottom of the list. Lumi FINALLY got married and they couldn't even stay together six months before she was marrying EJ because of that stupid ass Dimeria vendetta crap. Then Lumi were busted up again after a week so Sami could go chasing after that bastard. Then there was the grief sex that busted up Rafe/Sami. Sami along with her two other pairings have repeatedly been screwed over and sacrificed in the name of EJ. Look at what is happening right now. Sami has had so many years of history on this show before EJ came along but who is she spending most of her time with? Where is Lucas? Where is her parents and the rest of her family? Hell, she hasn't even had that many scenes with Rafe.

• Love 5

JJ's GF is such a wet blanket & I don't find her attractive at all. Also, she can take her annoying BFF with her. Ugh!

I know! It's been months of their two stupid, typical asses. Get the fuck out.

I feel you boes on why every soap feeling they need a young(ish?) superguy who's like Chuck Norris and George Clooney combined.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

I think Paige sort of looks like Sydney Penny, but doesn't have whatever makes Sydney Penny's face work. I think SP is pretty whereas I'm confused by Paige's face. I suppose I could get past it if she could act.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Day player hooker had more chemistry with Casey Moss (and, half the time he was passed out). While the actress who Paige has been on for a year or so and has no chemistry with him at all. They really need to recast the part. Of course, with DOOL taping schedule we wouldn't see a new actress March 2015. I hate their taping schedule. Casey Moss is a real find and the guy should be getting all sorts of action but this 1970's romance is boring & beyond annoying. He looked really good yesterday. He looked different. New haircut? Working out?

• Love 6

Re: the writing of EJami

It seems like the writers don't know how to write for any couples and just throw anything at the wall to see if it will stick.

When the EJabby thing started, Ken Corday said everyone would be affected even 6 months down the line. I didn't like EJabby, but I thought there was an actual plan for how everything was to transpire for all of the characters because of the lengthy timeline. When Corday said we'd be throwing tomatoes, I thought he meant momentous dramatic events would influence the tomato-throwing. I had no idea that what he actually meant to say was that the writing would be so nonsenical and difficult to make sense of that we'd be throwing tomatoes out of confusion. I'm throwing tomatoes because the writing is so unusually bad.

Now there's this thing going on with Kristen and Daniel trying to nail Teresa for what she did to John, and I'm perplexed as to why the writers thing I'd want to side with Kristen on anything. Geez, even attempted murder by Teresa can't get me to cheer for Kristen.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I cannot believe I am going to defend Jenn but I do think, as she was supposedly Kristen's friend, that she had a right to unload on her.  

The very fact she was Kristen's friend last go round was a joke. The woman helped torture her already Psychologically frail mother. All because she saw Kristen' worthless brother was actually alive and NOT murdered by Jack. So Jack was framed and went to Prison, and Laura was treated like a cuckoo clock. To say nothing of what Kristen did to Jennifer's "good friends" John and Marlena. Jenn has nobody to blame but herself for befriending Kristen again.

The very fact she was Kristen's friend last go round was a joke. The woman helped torture her already Psychologically frail mother. All because she saw Kristen' worthless brother was actually alive and NOT murdered by Jack. So Jack was framed and went to Prison, and Laura was treated like a cuckoo clock. To say nothing of what Kristen did to Jennifer's "good friends" John and Marlena. Jenn has nobody to blame but herself for befriending Kristen again.

Shhh, don't remind the writers of Days rich history, it confuses them and gets in the way of their "AGENDA".  I didn't mind the Kristen/Jenn friendship a few months ago, just because it reminded us that characters aren't always so Black and White when it comes to their feelings about people. 

Now if they had treated the Kristen/Jenn friendship like they do the Marlena/Kate one, as in it totally exists in a separate dimension of Salem, then maybe I can get on board again.

I felt strangely sad for JJ when I saw what he looked like drunk. He has a sweet vulnerability to him that his sister lacks.

Speaking of Abigail, what's up with her dress? The dress makes her shoulders look kind of big, which I honestly didn't think was possible with her frame. Her lipstick looked weird too.

Nu-Chad kind of looks like Maxwell Caulfied. At least someone is finally mad that their sibling slept with their ex-girlfriend. It's always been strange to me how everyone on this show swaps fathers, mothers, and siblings as bed partners like food on a plate, and no one seems to ever have much of a reaction. I don't care if Nu-Chad and Abigail were broken up -- his reaction at least seemed realistic to how I imagine someone would react in real life

I don't really get Eric's sex fantasies. Then again, I'm not a man. But why are some of his fantasies kind of animalistic? (They show consent, so I'm not arguing the point of violence - but because he seems angry that he has any sexual desire at all, why are his fantasies showing him turning into Wolverine?) Even if he thinks Nicole awakened some kind of sex desire in him where none existed before, he needs to blame himself for why his sex fantasies are so raunchy. I don't think he and Nicole even did it that way when they first got together (both in his youth and post-priest). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

The nerve of The Mistress slapping Chad. So what if he accused her of lusting after EJ the whole time he was competing with Cameron to "win" her.  From the outside that's exactly what it looks like. Little girl is a little too slap happy so the next time she lays hands on someone I want them to beat her ass.

STFU Ben getting mad at Chad. The Mistress HAD SEX WITH HIS BROTHER REPEATEDLY. I think he's allowed to yell and call her a few names.  

Eric needs to go to therapy (not Marlena) and Nicole needs to just stop everything she's doing. 

• Love 4

Last note - I don't want this hooker with a cell phone crap to bring down JJ.   First of all, I like the guy.  And second, can you imagine what a holy hell his horror of a sister and harridan of a mother will make his life??

When I came back after yelling at those pesky kids to get off my lawn, I had to boggle at this scene. I mean, I'm old and stuff, but WTF signs their texts? How stupid must Paige be to believe that was from JJ?

• Love 2

Once JJ clears his head, he'll realize that Mary Beth (Major Bitch, as Rory calls her, hah) dragged Paige off to set him up and he'll go after her, and she'll fold like a cheap lawn chair.

I was pissed that Chad led with "you're so beautiful", but my smile got bigger and bigger the more he laid into Abs.  But he was coming across as pathetic, and he needs to get over it.

Speaking of pathetic, Eric and Nicole are both ridiculous.  Look, we know they'll fall into bed sometime soon, just drop all of the angst, mkay?

• Love 2

If only Chad knew that Abigail is still fantasizing about EJ even when Ben is making out with her....

I thought Chad's comments were warranted because of the "high-horse" business.

I don't know if it's because Chad and Abigail have a history with each other, but KM did seem to have more chemistry with Nu-Chad than with Ben or EJ, imo. EJ and Abby had well-choreographed sex scenes, and EJ is a physically hot man so he could make out with a mannequin and the scenes would turn out fine,  but when they'd actually talk there didn't seem to be anything actually there -- just a lot of blank and "why am I listening to idiot Abigail drone on when there seems to be nothing behind her words?". And, uh, then there's Ben, who we don't seem to know much about except his anger issues... But I thought I saw some connection between Abigail and Nu-Chad. I assume that's because there was an actual history that we could remember  behind his dialogue....something didn't seem quite as lame about his scenes with Abigail. I do wonder sometimes why Abigail looks attracted to every man she talks with though. I didn't think I was supposed to assume Abigail and Ben might get back together or anything, given how agitated he was, but she seemed to spark up more with him basically telling her she's a hypocrite than with Ben who seems deluded into thinking she's awesome most of the time.

I do also think Nu-Chad looks more intelligent than the last one. I'm not saying the character will actually be intelligent, but the last one looked kind of himbo-like with the bad hair, and I didn't even think he was that awful since the bar was set so low in the young actor range. But I do think the new one might be better because his face doesn't seem to radiate quite as much stupid in the face.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Chad is a whiny ass and already sick of him because I don't do well with whiny characters who just sound pathetic more than anything. Right before he left he was talking about how Abby pitted him against Cameron. If he didn't know about the Austin thing this should open his eyes wide open to the type of person that she is. Also should see that Abby is nowhere near worth it. If they want to make Chad a bad ass then do so but not fighting over some useless ass who isn't worth spit.

As far as Jar Jar Binks go, she needs to keep her damn hands to herself before someone breaks them off. Third time she's put her hands on someone within a close time frame with Eve, Sami, and now Chad because they're telling her things that she doesn't want to hear but it's the truth and truth hurts. So she better either suck it up or get out of Salem and I'm hoping for the latter. I'm waiting on her to slap the wrong person who's just going to let loose and punch her lights out.

Wait until BOllie finds out that Chad is his boss. That's going to be funny but only if NuChad stops coming off like a whiny bitch.

Eve just needs to grow up. I knew Mary Beth was faking, she just wasn't able to pull off having her arm hurt. Who didn't see that coming.

JJ of course runs to Dr. Dudley Do-Right who can never do any wrong. Just another thing for Jenn to thank him and for her to come off more pathetic and find another reason to drop by his house and whatnot.

Nicole is a serious stalker and needs to leave Eric alone. This is not romantic, this is just a sick obsession for someone to tell you that they have to run into you on a daily basis. IDK what the writers are going for here but it's failing and not wanting me to have these two get together ever. Nicole sounded worse than Jenn yesterday. Writers are really writing the women to be so pathetic.

Didn't pay any attention to My Cop Voice.

• Love 1
When Corday said we'd be throwing tomatoes, I thought he meant momentous dramatic events would influence the tomato-throwing. I had no idea that what he actually meant to say was that the writing would be so nonsenical and difficult to make sense of that we'd be throwing tomatoes out of confusion. I'm throwing tomatoes because the writing is so unusually bad.

The way the whole affair storyline has played out I think it's safe to say that if Corday had any brains what he really meant was that all the Ejami fans would be throwing tomatoes in his face for this crap they've written for AS and JS's last few months.

On a different note, it was nice to see Abe show up and break up the underage party. I was shaking my head in utter disbelief the day before when Dan and most the other adults knew about it. However, it just reinforces the notion that Salem young adults are dumber than doorknobs. I mean seriously I know the show loves the "park" set but no college age kids not old enough to drink throw a keg party at the freakin' park! Can't we get a fake campus, someone's dorm, a college apartment??? Anything remotely close to where normal 18-20 year old college kids party! Oh and note to Days writers--underage college kids don't usually tell their parents about these parties ahead of time. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 2

JJ needs to find some new women to hang out with, and that includes ditching the ones he is related to.

Eric and Nicole are just tiresome.  This is yet another SL stuck on a repetitive loop going nowhere.

I want Theresa to get away with everything.  I like the actress, and she always brings it even when she was stuck in that awful SL with boring Dannifer.

Even if I wanted to ignore Sami and EJ's history with each other, there is still the present which has not been dealt with.  I don't consider EJ not agreeing to be Kristen's attorney to be some great sacrifice that should make Sami forget about EJ lying to her about Kristen drugging and raping her twin brother Eric, and about EJ cheating on her.  To go along with that, EJ then proceeded to act like Sami was wrong for being angry, and defended the boring twit to her.  I'm pretty sure under the Cheating 101 Handbook, Section 12 "If You Want to Get Your Wife Back" Paragraph B "Do's and Dont's" Item 1 under Dont's is "Do Not Defend the woman you cheated with to your wife as that will probably lead to at the very least making your wife extremely angry, and she might decide to shoot you in the head again."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I hope Mary Beth realizes that Eve is loony and tries to help JJ. No teen would help her friend's mother try to break up her friend and boyfriend. And then if Mary Beth and JJ get together I would be fine with that. She is written like a horrible shrew, but the young actress is talented and cute. I am over Paige's grandma act.

Dan and Jen make me want to vomit, but I like JJ and Dan's friendship. I can divorce it from my hatred of the writers' treatment of Jack. Lord knows the kid needs someone normal to help him out instead of his wack mama.

nuChad, meh.

I kinda like nuChad. 

He's not a hipster douchebag like Casey was.  Although Casey was a decent guy.  

He's not afraid to make eye contact which I find is a problem with a lot of the younger set on this show.   No offense to Casey but he always played Chad as kind of a whiny child.  This Chad comes off as an actual Dimera.  If they brought him back to take EJ's place....I have to say I'm intrigued.

• Love 2

I see Slappy Abby was busy again today, giving NuChad his welcome home punch.  As a couple of you have said, I'm also hoping that the next person this little horror slaps, be it male or female, hauls off and knocks the wind out of her.  Do Maggie and Jenn approve of their little mutant growth running around slapping people?  What am I saying, of COURSE they'd approve of her doing it.  I just wonder how they'd feel if Abigail was the one getting manhandled.  But then, Abigail only likes being manhandled by EJ or Austin.....

I have to say I am liking NuChad.  I didn't see him being pathetic with Abigail at all.  What I saw was a guy who was playing her by appearing to be mournful about what happened, but is really boiling with anger.  And she's dumber than a post - though not as dumb as Ollie, apparently - because she bought his fake sorrow just long enough for him to throw it all back in her face.  And Ollie might want to pay attention to who he actually works for.  It makes no sense that he wouldn't know, that it wouldn't have been mentioned by someone at some point, that Chad owned an interest in the bar.  Ollie's lil' brain seems to be a tad looser than his abs.

I know that there will come a time when NuChad will worship at Abigail's feet, but until then, I'm going to enjoy watching him bring whatever misery and discomfort he can to her.

Is it even possible to tell anymore what the difference between Paige being happy and Paige being angry are?  She pretty much looks the same to me.  This lame plan of the Happy Hooker is going to explode before her greyhound bus gets to Petticoat Junction.  And Eve is going to pay big time for setting this up because Mary Beth will fold like Abigail's pledge of virginity when she's confronted about it. Eve lost points bigtime with me today, after she was told that the hooker drugged JJ and Eve was pretty blase about the whole thing.  Not cool at all.   I'm really glad that nothing worse happened to JJ because the whole thing is just too skeezy.  It would be fine with me if this was the last of Mary Beth.  Salem has enough whiny, entitled people without adding one who isn't even a Horton.

I agree, as Petunia says, that this party was just plain lame.  Who has a kegger in the park, AND tells their folks about it, AND puts it on the police yearly calendar??  And of course we had Gladys Kravitz aka Abe being the one to break it all up.  Since Lexie died, all Abe has to do is run around town with his volunteer police badge and be the morality police.  Man needs a drink - several - STAT.  

Now who here just can't get enough of Eric's Wild and Crazy SEX dreams??  Huh?  Come on, admit it, kinda kinky that he imagines either having sex with Nicole in HIS GRANDMA'S DINER, or at what appeared to be the local Petting Zoo.  I think he really needs his own WeinerMobile - just a really, really tiny one that will fit over just one small part of his body, and he should give the only key to Marlena.  She'll make sure nobody EVER gets at the sacred relics.

Nicole should just step in front of a bus and go into a month long coma, and wake up blessedly free of her Eric obsession.  Because I need to be blessedly free of watching this good actress be wasted so very very badly.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I kinda like nuChad. 

He's not a hipster douchebag like Casey was.  Although Casey was a decent guy.  

He's not afraid to make eye contact which I find is a problem with a lot of the younger set on this show.   No offense to Casey but he always played Chad as kind of a whiny child.  This Chad comes off as an actual Dimera.  If they brought him back to take EJ's place....I have to say I'm intrigued.

Absolutely agree.  I am looking forward to seeing more of him.

• Love 1