Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

If the story they wanted to tell over the past 20 years is that Sami is so psychologically damaged and desperate for love that she will take it any way she can get it, even if it's from a narcissistic, controlling rapist and emotional abuser, then I guess they've done it.

I've been watching since when Sami appeared as a teenager, and yes, that is her motivation.  Sami has never felt loved so she lashes out when she has to.  (Nicole's motivation is very similar, but her family circumstances were much worse.) 

We all know the history, but to summarize she had Mar for a mother, Carrie was the favorite, and as trivial as it seems now, the boardroom table sex she walked in on as a minor really did traumatize her.  Not to mention various parents being kidnapped/presumed dead for lengths of time. 

• Love 3

I'm all for Sami kicking Abby and EJ's asses, but I agree that her "grown-up" tone is sometimes really grating.  There are some scenes that make me think she can't be serious with her "little girl playing dress up" voice. So maybe bantering is correct - it's a tone reserved for Abigail.

And no, you are not alone in wishing for a solitary exit for Sami.  It really chaps me that it looks like she's gonna take that sorry son of a bitch EJ back. It would have been nice for Sami to change her self-harming ways, but I guess that was not meant to be.  

She used it with Kayla, too, though, which is probably where my resentment about it comes from.

It all just needs to be over. Strongly suspecting that EJ and Sami get back together has caused me to check out of this story. 

I've been watching since when Sami appeared as a teenager, and yes, that is her motivation.  Sami has never felt loved so she lashes out when she has to.  (Nicole's motivation is very similar, but her family circumstances were much worse.) 

We all know the history, but to summarize she had Mar for a mother, Carrie was the favorite, and as trivial as it seems now, the boardroom table sex she walked in on as a minor really did traumatize her.  Not to mention various parents being kidnapped/presumed dead for lengths of time. 

But she's nearing 40 now. It's as good a time as any to get over that stuff, especially since she's leaving the show. It's not like in real life, where you need therapy and other supports to get over trauma. All they have to do is write her as getting her act together, finally deciding that she's doesn't deserve to be treated like crap, and move on.

And it's not as if she hasn't had love before: Brandon, eventually Austin, and Rafe were all relatively good guys who loved her. And Lucas, who wasn't always necessarily good, but did love her. They didn't enable her or approve of her self destructive behavior, but you know, I don't think people should. She lost each one of them because of her own selfish behavior, not because they didn't really love her (well, maybe Austin), or that she was unworthy of love. So if she ends up with EJ, Abby, as heinous as she is, will be right: they deserve to spend the rest of their lives together in that dreary, depressing mansion, raping and shooting one another until their hearts' content.

• Love 4

What scares me, though, is that I don't think Sami's now seemingly inevitable reconciliation with EJ is supposed to be the manifestation of her insecurities and emotional issues that some of us perceive it to be. I think the writers view it as 'romantic' and a happily ever after. *shudder*  The Grand Canyon-esque gap between what the writers seem to want to depict and what I actually see is widening by the day. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 8

They wouldn't.  The only thing they might be concerned about is the scandal but as you say, they should be pretty used to it by now.  When you sit on the board of a mobster company, scandals should just be another item on the daily agenda.

I've never understood why Theresa reacted the way she did. Brady hated his dad, she could have easily lied her way though the situation.  Dumb old Brady would have believed her.  What I don't get is how he acts like she has cooties every time they meet now, seeing as how he was the one who wanted to get serious.  It's not like she told him she wouldn't agree to an annulment.

The way I look at it is while they accept Kumi have temporary power EJ and Stefano have been making decisions for years and I don't find it unusual  the board would want to make sure their experience is still available.  As far as I can tell the only information Abs possibly has is that Ejami aren't reconciled.  Now, how she knows Mr. Shin wants that information is a complete mystery.

If the board knew there was really a rift in upper upper management it would affect their stock value or lead to a sell out, etc, they would call the emergency board meeting Sami is trying to avoid.  I'm not so sure she's trying to destroy DE.  She's mentioned her kids' legacy and the fact that the company is making money now that Kami have sold off the vanity businesses and toys.  They're going to make a lifetime of money out of this so they don't need the Dimeras any longer.

Theresa was criminally assaulted by Jawn when he knocked her to the ground and hoped she would never wake up.  She panicked.  I think she made a bad decision because she really cares about that dumb lug Brady.  She did the right thing with the annulment but didn't want to lose him and hasn't been aggressive in pursuing him like a lot of women in Salem would.  She's starting to get a redemption arc imho.  I completely agree there is no reason why he gives her hand the stink eye when he spent weeks naked on her sofa not that long ago.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

And, god, there really is no escaping this godawful storyline, is there?! On the few other soaps I've watched, at least when certain characters and storylines grated beyond belief there were others to focus on. The DooL writers, however, seem capable of writing just one lame, endlessly dragged, out, cringe-inducingly sloppy storyline at a time while nearly every single other character just stands around and rambles about it ad nauseam. As someone else noted, Kristen may have to be my new favorite by default, if only because she's pretty much the only character who talks about *something* other than those maggots Will and Abigail. 

Edited by mstaken
  • Love 4

But she's nearing 40 now. It's as good a time as any to get over that stuff, especially since she's leaving the show. It's not like in real life, where you need therapy and other supports to get over trauma. All they have to do is write her as getting her act together, finally deciding that she's doesn't deserve to be treated like crap, and move on.

I think the writers are using Sami as an instrument for the other characters to be seen in a certain way or for us to get to know them better (ew) so that when Sami leaves the foundation (not that it's a good one, but whatever) will be in place for those characters to do whatever it is they're supposed to be doing. I don't think they're writing Sami to get a send-off that will make sense or be meaningful, but to prepare us for other characters to take the reins from where she left off (not in terms of characterization, but in terms of being familiar with them). That's how I've come to view her exit storyline. She's going, but Abigail, Jordan, Ben, Will, etc. are staying. Therefore, imo, the focus seems to be on making us hang in there with them in some way (I guess the kiss between Ben and Abigail was supposed to be a triumph of some kind for the two??) rather than giving Sami any kind of characterization or send-off that would make us think she's come a long way. In some ways, I can see why the writers would approach the storyline in that way, but they're making everyone around Sami even more unlikable than they were before. That's what perplexes me more than the send-off Sami is getting. If they want to prepare us to accept other characters, why is Abigail so irritating to listen to and why does Ben stand around like a mannequin who only gets fired up when he gets to punch people? I don't even know what to say about Will....he's regressed....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

http://www.tvfanatic.com/videos/kate-mansi-interview/

KM did a brief video interview. Not as ridiculous and delusional as her other interviews but still funny. 

Poor Abigail.

Sure Abigail Deveraux didn't make the best choice when she started an affair with EJ Dimera but with owning up to her actions and starting a new relationship with hunky Ben, she thought she was putting that behind her.

That is until Will's expose on the DiMera takeover was published this week and, thanks to EJ's vindictive wife, Sami, Abigail is named as EJ's mistress. Now, the young woman must deal with the very public shame.

Will Abigail hold her head high or turn to revenge for her name being dragged through the mud? And will cost her her new relationship with Ben?

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

I've always seen the return of Roman/Marlena, and all the insanity surrounding it (losing the only parent she'd known-John, who then replaced her with Isabella and Brady) as what really started Sami down her path of villainy.  The affair and rape were just the two events that broke her to the point of no return.  I tell myself that Sami focuses on the affair as her source of John/Marlena hate because it's a lot easier to be pissed at your mother for cheating than to admit that she was pissed about losing John, being replaced in his life, and then seeing him still want Marlena when he was making it clear that he no longer wanted Sami. 

Same with her Carrie hate.  It's a lot easier for Sami to focus on Marlena preferring Carrie (which is certainly valid as Marlena showed this preference even before anyone knew what Sami was capable of) than to admit that her early issues with her sister stem from the fact that she knows that she was raped as a Carrie replacement and transferred all that anger and fear into a fixation on destroying Carrie.  It's also easier for the show to focus on the affair and Marlena's preference as why Sami behaved the way she did but they (yet again) missed the boat on exploring the deeper reasons behind Sami's break with reality.  Instead of having Sami fall for EJ, I would have liked to see her revisit Alan's rape and how that fucked her up.  Instead of deciding she hated John again, I would have liked to see her finally admit how hurt and angry she was when he was removed as her father and then showed no interest in remaining in her life as a source of support (we know that he was initially destroyed at losing Carrie, Sami and Eric, but then the show decided he should move on and he did).  In fact, I think it could have been really interesting to see Sami go to John for emotional support from time to time because she still didn't fully feel comfortable with Marlena and Roman.

• Love 4

I get that but long time viewers generally like to see a character act as per their history otherwise it just doesn't work (see:Eve) and Sami's perceived lack of love/acceptance has always been strong with her.  Yes, her actions often lead to less love/acceptance but that happens to me too if you have to stand up for yourself.  I have a son Will's age so sometimes the storyline resonates with me.

She is deciding she doesn't need to be treated like crap, that's what this has been all about.  And as others have pointed out, she's been very tame in her dealings with Abs, is telling the truth and has followed the law as far as EJ.  She has matured. I'm not completely hating this exit story other than wanting more Lumi. In fact, I'm having a load of fun and watching shows twice.  So maybe she has to settle for EJ because she has young kids who love their dad and is enmeshed in the business so that's her best option right now.  I'm not thrilled about it, but sometimes life is a balance.  I definitely don't see it as a happily ever after and you can see it in Sami's face.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

What scares me, though, is that I don't think Sami's now seemingly inevitable reconciliation with EJ is supposed to be the manifestation of her insecurities and emotional issues that some of us perceive it to be. I think the writers view it as 'romantic' and a happily ever after. *shudder*  The Grand Canyon-esque gap between what the writers seem to want to depict and what I actually see is widening by the day. 

THIS is the thing that really pisses me off.  That this is supposed to be some kind of romantic True Love fairy tale and that is just BS.  I could maybe buy that EJ and Sami finally worked out their issues pre-Abby, but once the affair happened and Sami began exacting her revenge and then EJ blamed her for ruining Abby's life - well, that's it for me. This relationship is nothing but an endless round of dysfunction and abuse. It's revolting.

And, god, there really is no escaping this godawful storyline, is there?! On the few other soaps I've watched, at least when certain characters and storylines grated beyond belief there were others to focus on. The DooL writers, however, seem capable of writing just one lame, endlessly dragged, out, cringe-inducingly sloppy storyline at a time while nearly every single other character just stands around and rambles about it ad nauseam. As someone else noted, Kristen may have to be my new favorite by default, if only because she's pretty much the only character who talks about *something* other than those maggots Will and Abigail. 

Hands down, the worst part of Days is exactly what you say here. There's never any escape from the main storyline - just variations of other characters discussing it, forever and ever, until the next big awful storyline. 

• Love 5
I know what you mean about Will.  He's both a snake AND a weasel.  I think we should call him a Sneasel. 

And now we know what an angry sneasel looks like.  They lower their head, stare with unblinking little snake eyes, pout their lips and then WHINE really, really loudly.

Hee!!!

I really hate Will going on and on about the boring twit’s life being ruined.  Aside from it not being true, the real victims in this, the people who actually had their happy family ruined were Allie, Johnny, and Sydney.  The adults knew what they were doing.  Allie, Johnny, and Sydney are once again collateral damage, and Will’s sympathies should be with them.

Sadly, I think the idiot writers do see Sami/EJ as love when in reality EJ is obsessed with Sami, he is mentally, physically, and emotionally abusive to her, and the way this SL would really end is with EJ trying to kill Sami, her killing him in self-defense, or EJ succeeding in killing Sami.  Of course, these are also the morons who treat rape as a joke so I’m not surprised they see this as romance.  {face palm}

Even if Sami/EJ’s history wasn’t horrible, Sami still has no reason to stay in a relationship with EJ.  They had not even been together a year when EJ lied to her about Kristen drugging and raping Eric, and then started cheating on Sami with the boring twit.  EJ has not accepted responsibility for ruining their relationship and family, he’s just blamed Sami for everything.  Victor was right when he told EJ that EJ should have thought about his children before he started screwing around, but other people have told EJ that as well.  I don’t believe EJ’s sudden about face.  I think he will stab Sami in the back again the first chance he gets.

This is what should happen.  Sami tells Kate she is stringing EJ along because Will’s article is causing them problems, and they need to move their time table up to sooner than six months.  Kate and Sami finish selling off as many of EJ and Stefano’s assets as they can, they deliver more criminal evidence against them to the police, Sami serves EJ with divorce papers, and then uploads a video of the conference room scene of the pathetic side piece begging to be EJ’s mistress.  Sami takes her younger children and leaves Salem after breaking the bed with Lucas one more time.  EJ goes to prison or is killed by his drug dealing partners.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8

Please correct me if I'm wrong but EJ only knew about Kristen/Eric after it happened and told Sami within days, right?  It's not like he knew her plan ahead of time and withheld it for 6 months like the affair.  I'm not so sure Sami knows or believes he wasn't in on it earlier.

• Love 1
That is until Will's expose on the DiMera takeover was published this week and, thanks to EJ's vindictive wife, Sami, Abigail is named as EJ's mistress. Now, the young woman must deal with the very public shame.

Because how DARE Sami be upset that Abby cheated with EJ and want to hurt them like they hurt her! What a vindictive bitch! OMG, how could poor innocent Abigail possibly know that cheating with a mobster might lead to scandal and her name in the press!

If only she would read something besides books about art and culture, she might actually know how the world really works.

• Love 8

And it's not as if she hasn't had love before: Brandon, eventually Austin, and Rafe were all relatively good guys who loved her. And Lucas, who wasn't always necessarily good, but did love her. They didn't enable her or approve of her self destructive behavior, but you know, I don't think people should. She lost each one of them because of her own selfish behavior, not because they didn't really love her (well, maybe Austin), or that she was unworthy of love. So if she ends up with EJ, Abby, as heinous as she is, will be right: they deserve to spend the rest of their lives together in that dreary, depressing mansion, raping and shooting one another until their hearts' content.

I think the writers are using Sami as an instrument for the other characters to be seen in a certain way or for us to get to know them better (ew) so that when Sami leaves the foundation (not that it's a good one, but whatever) will be in place for those characters to do whatever it is they're supposed to be doing. I don't think they're writing Sami to get a send-off that will make sense or be meaningful, but to prepare us for other characters to take the reins from where she left off (not in terms of characterization, but in terms of being familiar with them). That's how I've come to view her exit storyline. She's going, but Abigail, Jordan, Ben, Will, etc. are staying. Therefore, imo, the focus seems to be on making us hang in there with them in some way (I guess the kiss between Ben and Abigail was supposed to be a triumph of some kind for the two??) rather than giving Sami any kind of characterization or send-off that would make us think she's come a long way. In some ways, I can see why the writers would approach the storyline in that way, but they're making everyone around Sami even more unlikable than they were before. That's what perplexes me more than the send-off Sami is getting. If they want to prepare us to accept other characters, why is Abigail so irritating to listen to and why does Ben stand around like a mannequin who only gets fired up when he gets to punch people? I don't even know what to say about Will....he's regressed....

I've always seen the return of Roman/Marlena, and all the insanity surrounding it (losing the only parent she'd known-John, who then replaced her with Isabella and Brady) as what really started Sami down her path of villainy.  The affair and rape were just the two events that broke her to the point of no return.  I tell myself that Sami focuses on the affair as her source of John/Marlena hate because it's a lot easier to be pissed at your mother for cheating than to admit that she was pissed about losing John, being replaced in his life, and then seeing him still want Marlena when he was making it clear that he no longer wanted Sami. 

Same with her Carrie hate.  It's a lot easier for Sami to focus on Marlena preferring Carrie (which is certainly valid as Marlena showed this preference even before anyone knew what Sami was capable of) than to admit that her early issues with her sister stem from the fact that she knows that she was raped as a Carrie replacement and transferred all that anger and fear into a fixation on destroying Carrie.  It's also easier for the show to focus on the affair and Marlena's preference as why Sami behaved the way she did but they (yet again) missed the boat on exploring the deeper reasons behind Sami's break with reality.  Instead of having Sami fall for EJ, I would have liked to see her revisit Alan's rape and how that fucked her up.  Instead of deciding she hated John again, I would have liked to see her finally admit how hurt and angry she was when he was removed as her father and then showed no interest in remaining in her life as a source of support (we know that he was initially destroyed at losing Carrie, Sami and Eric, but then the show decided he should move on and he did).  In fact, I think it could have been really interesting to see Sami go to John for emotional support from time to time because she still didn't fully feel comfortable with Marlena and Roman.

Posts like these are why I love this forum.  You all put some thought into what we're seeing and come here and put it up for us to see.  I think we've got a pretty impressive group of posters here.

And TIIC think WILL CAN WRITE?  Let 'em come here and see how it's really done.

Thanks, guys.

• Love 7

I get that but long time viewers generally like to see a character act as per their history otherwise it just doesn't work (see:Eve) and Sami's perceived lack of love/acceptance has always been strong with her.  Yes, her actions often lead to less love/acceptance but that happens to me too if you have to stand up for yourself.  I have a son Will's age so sometimes the storyline resonates with me.

She is deciding she doesn't need to be treated like crap, that's what this has been all about.  And as others have pointed out, she's been very tame in her dealings with Abs, is telling the truth and has followed the law as far as EJ.  She has matured. I'm not completely hating this exit story other than wanting more Lumi. In fact, I'm having a load of fun and watching shows twice.  SoI maybe she has to settle for EJ.  I'm not thrilled about it, but sometimes life is a balance.  I definitely don't see it as a happily ever after and you can see it in Sami's face.

But it didn't have to be like this. They knew AS was leaving in plenty of time for them to write her a good exit, one where she grows up and moves beyond stuff that happened when she was a kid. It could have been done in a way that wouldn't feel rushed or like an abrupt change of course.  I've watched the show since the early 80s (well, even before that, but I had no clue about what was happening then) and rather than feel cheated, I'd have been pretty happy that a long time, legacy character (even one that I've grown to dislike) was allowed to mature and come to terms with the things done to her and by her in the past. Instead, we get whatever this mess is. 

I think the writers are using Sami as an instrument for the other characters to be seen in a certain way or for us to get to know them better (ew) so that when Sami leaves the foundation (not that it's a good one, but whatever) will be in place for those characters to do whatever it is they're supposed to be doing. I don't think they're writing Sami to get a send-off that will make sense or be meaningful, but to prepare us for other characters to take the reins from where she left off (not in terms of characterization, but in terms of being familiar with them).

If that's true, and it probably is, that's a shame. And I say that as someone who can't wait for Sami to leave. 

If the story they wanted to tell over the past 20 years is that Sami is so psychologically damaged and desperate for love that she will take it any way she can get it, even if it's from a narcissistic, controlling rapist and emotional abuser, then I guess they've done it.

LMAO. Sad, but true.

EJ didn't know Kristen had drugged and raped Eric until the day of Brady and Kristen's wedding.  However, he kept trying to make Sami believe the sex had been consensual when he knew it wasn't.  Not only did Kristen rape Eric, but the drug nearly killed him, and Dr. Chyka almost killed him to.  Now that EJ has also cheated on Sami, lied to her about it for months, and blamed her for his cheating, I understand why Sami wouldn't believe anything he says, and would ditch his worthless ass ASAP.  Unfortunately, there will be more crap about how EJ loves Sami when his actions show otherwise.

The boring twit is not a victim.  She knew exactly what she was doing, and she even said she didn't care if Sami and her children were hurt.  As far as we know, the only woman EJ has raped and forced to have sex with him at gun point, is Sami, the one the writers are trying to make out to be the bad guy is this mess of a storyline.  I so want Sami to set lying cheating EJ, and the pathetic side piece on fire, and dance while they burn.

• Love 7

Because how DARE Sami be upset that Abby cheated with EJ and want to hurt them like they hurt her! What a vindictive bitch! OMG, how could poor innocent Abigail possibly know that cheating with a mobster might lead to scandal and her name in the press!

If Abby doesn't want to deal with Big Bad Meanie Sami hurting her fee fees maybe she should stop sashaying her stank ass into the mansion and assaulting her unprovoked. If she and her apologists don't want to hear Evil Vindictive Sami saying "cruel" and "hateful" things about them maybe they should stop offering up their unsolicited and worthless opinions like anyone is supposed to give a shit what they think. 

• Love 14

If Abby doesn't want to deal with Big Bad Meanie Sami hurting her fee fees maybe she should stop sashaying her stank ass into the mansion and assaulting her unprovoked. If she and her apologists don't want to hear Evil Vindictive Sami saying "cruel" and "hateful" things about them maybe they should stop offering up their unsolicited and worthless opinions like anyone is supposed to give a shit what they think. 

Seriously! I mean, who do they think they're kidding with this shit?

• Love 4

I just realized who KM reminds me--Tara Lipinski only with less personality :)  \

Theresa broke my heart today.  Her facial expressions when Eve hugged her spoke volumes to me--she does want to have a close relationship with her older sister and I liked how happy she looked at the idea of Eve standing up for her to Jennifer.  I also believe that she genuinely cares for Paige and wants a great future for her.  I could get behind a Donovan girls trifecta of awesomeness :)

Clyde certainly is a charmer isn't he and he's much more Kate's speed than Rafe.  I wonder if the show would actually allow two older attractive people have a romance?

• Love 3

Oh my goodness I couldn't disagree more. I find Clyde to be a creepy weasel face who we know is a bad guy before he even showed up. And not at all charming or handsome imho.  Eve is continuing to wreak more mental abuse on her daughter, who thankfully doesn't believe a word of it.  She's out to trick Theresa too, or at least skew things to her advantage.  I don't think Theresa is buying it either.  Poor Theresa, Paige and JJ.  Doing a lot of muting today.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Oh my goodness I couldn't disagree more. I find Clyde to be a creepy weasel face who we know is a bad guy before he even showed up. And not at all charming or handsome imho.  

What I mean is, Clyde's pulling out the charm and he's kind of oozing it all over--I know Jordan, Ben and Kate aren't buying it, but I do appreciate that he's trying and I'd actually prefer to watch that then be subjected to Abby/Ben trying to act or trying to act like they're an interesting couple.

Sami should have just let Abigail go to Mr. Shin with whatever stupid info she had to share. (What would she have had to say anyway? That she and EJ had 'lovely' sex??)

Maybe EJ would blame Sami for Abigail going on the warpath, but maybe he'd also learn that she's not much of an innocent and that she's also willing to take down his company.

Seriously!! I wish she had called Mr. Shin right there in front of Sami because that shit could have been played out so great... Abigail makes a big show of 'tanking' Sami to this guy while Sami watches... maybe Sami even tosses in a worried look here and there to egg Abby on. Then, after Abby "triumphantly" leaves, Sami calls Mr. Shin, recites specific lines verbatim to him to show that she was there listening to Abby 'really try to rub it in.'

"She's angry," Sami should have said. "She was a little sidepiece who didn't get the man to leave his wife and family after all and now she's trying to get revenge. She just didn't measure up. My husband made an egregious error... he let his brief dalliance blind him to what was important, in business and in life.  He didn't see any of this coming due to his... distraction. But this little creature is nothing for the company to worry about. Aside from her shoving her way into my home to demand I be nice to her, I really can't be bothered with her anymore."

The jilted mistress would have been the most obvious card to play. She went after a taken man, he regretted the dalliance, she's angry and lashing out. Turn the tables! THAT would have been fun.

• Love 10

Ruh-roh, you guys! JJ's sexually frustrated and Eve just showed up at the door!  She's MAD cause she wants her check, but maybe she'll take a different kind of payment? Where's the sexy Eve Moan music when you need it?

If I have to see that goddamned clip of His Royal Duke Aidan and Princess Fancyface ONE MORE TIME....

I just realized who KM reminds me--Tara Lipinski only with less personality :)  \

Theresa broke my heart today.  Her facial expressions when Eve hugged her spoke volumes to me--she does want to have a close relationship with her older sister and I liked how happy she looked at the idea of Eve standing up for her to Jennifer.  I also believe that she genuinely cares for Paige and wants a great future for her.  I could get behind a Donovan girls trifecta of awesomeness :)

Clyde certainly is a charmer isn't he and he's much more Kate's speed than Rafe.  I wonder if the show would actually allow two older attractive people have a romance?

Theresa is amazing and deserves to do a LOT more on the show. Girl kills all her scenes.  I love the camaraderie between Eve and Theresa and I thought she was sweet with Paige. It would be nice to have a family unit that I actually like.

And I love Clyde but I have this fear they are setting him up to be Kate's stalker or psycho boyfriend or something. Ugh.  Can't they just be a normal evil couple? Why must all the relationships be aggressor/victim?

• Love 3

What is even more unsettling regarding Sami and her growth over the last twenty plus years is that she did in fact make amends with and come to terms with a lot of her history.  A few years ago, Sami forgave John, and made amends with Carrie.  Then TPTB took that growth and immediately threw it all away and went back to Sami hating John and her and Carrie at odds again.

I really do wish that they would of embarked on a better farewell storyline for Sami, than a reunion with EJ (please don't let this happen).  The only thing they have gotten right is that she and Lucas are back to being friends and good co-parents, and her and Kate have come almost full circle with each other. 

Hell, I remember the first Kate and Sami scene.  Kate asking a young Sami into her office at Titan, and asking her if she would show her son Lucas around and introduce him to her friends since he was new in town.  A pleasant conversation that started a "war".  Nice to see the eventual turn around twenty plus years later.

• Love 4

Abby moved that box on purpose, she seen that it was holding the door open. Just wanted to get her freak on cause her panties are on fire. If that's how she dressed for an interview I wouldn't hire her either.

Another reason I can't stand Jenn is because she always takes that self righteous tone with everyone which is just annoying.

Paige on the "Poor Abby" express which is just stupid when Eve had to point out that Sami is the victim not Abby but Paige doesn't see it that way. Idiot. Yea stick to Salem U cause Stanford wouldn't want any dumbasses there.

Hope make up your mind glasses on or off. Couldn't believe how many times I've seen her take them on and off today. Even in the background with JJ and Aiden talking she was taking them on and off. Who doesn't stretch before running. Oh it's Hope. Moron.

Show was just all around boring today.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Jen Lilley's acting was pretty good. She seems able to go from somewhat smug to looking guilty about something pretty well.

Jennifer looked and sounded harsh today. Maybe Abigail will send Jennifer towards a nervous breakdown.

Why does everyone else look in more pain than Abigail? Though she can't find a job,  she doesn't really look to be in THAT much anguish and pain.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Jen Lilley's acting was pretty good. She seems able to go from somewhat smug to looking guilty about something pretty well.

KM should take note.

KM should take note.

• Love 3
Hell, I remember the first Kate and Sami scene.  Kate asking a young Sami into her office at Titan, and asking her if she would show her son Lucas around and introduce him to her friends since he was new in town.  A pleasant conversation that started a "war".  Nice to see the eventual turn around twenty plus years later.

So funny. Who knew then that that would become the most defining relationship for both characters? (especially since it's not like either woman lacks for significant relationships)

Just look at all the people who have said that they came back because they heard Kami had teamed up on a scheme. It shouldn't have taken 20+ years for that to happen. I mean, obviously, there does have to be enough history to make such a turnaround really meaningful to viewers, but I think it would've been about the same impact after about half the time.

• Love 4

So funny. Who knew then that that would become the most defining relationship for both characters? (especially since it's not like either woman lacks for significant relationships)

Just look at all the people who have said that they came back because they heard Kami had teamed up on a scheme. It shouldn't have taken 20+ years for that to happen. I mean, obviously, there does have to be enough history to make such a turnaround really meaningful to viewers, but I think it would've been about the same impact after about half the time.

Now that you mention it, it really was Lauren Koslow coming in to play Kate that really changed the dynamics.  Deborah Adair's Kate didn't really have much interaction with Sami.  To Sami back then Kate was just her mom's old friend and Lucas's mom.  It wasn't until LK came in as Kate that the writers really began to explore Kate's dark history. 

I remember the scene where Kate comes back from being missing and being presumed dead for at least a year and Victor has gathered all the kids at the Kiriakis mansion to surprise them.  Before Kate walks in she sees Carrie holding Will and assumes that is her and Austin's baby and then she sees Sami is there and assumes that Lucas and Sami have gotten together since she has been gone.  I think she even says something like "this is better than I dreamed" about her sons being with Marlena's daughters.  Once she walked in and found out the truth, that really was the beginning.  That is when Kate began to get suspicious that Austin would never have slept with Sami.  Kate uncovering Sami as Austin's rapist is where it all began.

All this talk got me on a search hunt, and I found the clip.  Bonus: A Jaime and Kate scene.  I miss Jaime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmBKydDodq0

• Love 4

Too bad the writers are fucking everything up with their outrageous Abby propping.

• Love 6

I just watched yesterday's show.  I'm gobsmacked.  Man.

EJ tells Sami to go to hell???  I just...am now watching out of curiosity to see where Sami's story ends.  Then I'm done.  

Surprise!! That wasn't DOOL, it was the opposites sketch of You Can't Do That on Television. Psyche!

• Love 1

Holy crap, JBC344, I totally remember watching that scene back in the day! You just took it back! LOL!

Yeah, the only good thing to have come out of this clusterfuck is the Kami team up. It's like Teflon. Even the horrible writing can't fuck it up (yet).

• Love 1

I'm glad that Sami informed Chad and can't wait for him to come back and ream her out.

Please.  With these idiot writers, he'll end up fucking proposing to her.  (I, too, loved that Sami informed Chad.)

• Love 1

Boes said:

Posts like these are why I love this forum.  You all put some thought into what we're seeing and come here and put it up for us to see.  I think we've got a pretty impressive group of posters here.

And TIIC think WILL CAN WRITE?  Let 'em come here and see how it's really done.

Thanks, guys.

That's very kind to say, and I agree completely there are so many good writers here.  And thank YOU, you're my favourite, I can't tell you how hard I laugh at your daily recaps

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I think Sami has every right to tell whomever she wants to. She's the wronged party.

If Abby isn't sorry (which she's said many x) then why is it wrong if its out there? I mean how fucking naive is this twit that screwing an engaged mobster of a batshit crazy woman both if which are infamous in their town wouldn't get out or be talked about? Not only that but he's the attached brother of her ex. Abby and her apologists need to make up their minds. Either she did nothing wrong so people knowing should be no big deal. Or she did act inappropriately and should be ashamed and therefore its a blackmark against HER. But whenever anyone does anything wrong if its the truth they cant act victimized but should own up to it and look in a damn mirror. The fucking gall of this chick.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 9

I think Sami has every right to tell whomever she wants to. She's the wronged party.

She has no business emailing or sending Chad a copy of the article. It just shows how careless and vindictively cruel she is. 

She seems to have forgotten or doesn't care why he left town in the first place. The last time she saw Chad, he had taken 2 bullets because she shot a man. Chad took those bullets because Bernardi's wife wanted Sami to pay. She preaches about other peoples actions and free passing, yet she not only forgets what she did by choosing to shoot people in the hospital first instead of yelling for help, she then is going to purposely hurt the person who paid the most and almost died because of someone trying to hurt her.

It doesn't make Sami look any better, just another low like blackmailing Kayla over sick innocent kids.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2