Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron is getting a lot of blowback for his DID story with Abby and what will happen later this week. People are really giving him the business. The asshole deserves it... 

I don't read spoilers, and I kept hoping that what I suspect you are referring to, would not happen.  If it does, Ron deserves every speck of negative feedback he gets. ?

• Love 5

Yea, I'm not reading spoilers anymore either, but I can assume what this is about and, well, That's So Ron! 

I agree that MM has done a really great job playing Abigail through this story and in turn I finally give a shit about/like Abigail. Hell, I don't even hate Chad/Abigail as a couple anymore. 

2 hours ago, buffynut said:

My only issue was some of the scenes were so dark, at least on my tv, that it was like watching a blank screen. 

Right! I couldn't even see half of the scenes. Very annoying.

Chad hearing Abigail in Marlena's office made no sense and was stupid, but I didn't hate it lol.

I loved the John/Gabby scenes. And I liked the Marlena/Stefan scenes because Marlena was spitting truth, but it won't matter in the end anyway so it's pointless.

• Love 6

I was enjoying the show today until the three times the local news cut in to say its raining outside possible flooding.  Three times ! 

Marlena needs some better security for her office.  stephen  is a nutcase and he really likes hiding peoples cell phone.  

Not liking Jennifer telling hope to take Rafe back.   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 5

How did Chad hear Abigail's telepathic call for help?

This is a pretty old soap trope that is used often for "meant to be" couples.  Why they decided to write this in today after they've written him so clueless before now is anyone's guess.  Probably because if they show him knowing and sensing too much the story couldn't drag on.

I will also say that thinking the psychic connection is squeeworthy or stupid, usually depends on whether you like the couple or not.

• Love 5

Why don't all these endless Rafe proppers, from Ciara to Jenn, to Shawn, Belle, Kayla, etc., stop with all this talk of his great love and tell her what they really mean:  In their eyes, he's her last chance, final hope, last gasp, last resort - it's 5 to midnight on her love life, that fat lady has sung, it's all over but the crying - you're in the Final Markdown bin, last train to boogie town, the sun is setting for the final time, Baby it's OVAH.

Because that's what they all sound like.  Jeesh, Salemites, give her a break.  A coal-operated vibrator would be better company.

Rafe isn't the only person Hope should kick out of her life.

• Love 15
On 4/13/2018 at 10:22 PM, boes said:

I really can't wait for Bella's NEXT contest - "Who will be the new rear end of Bella?"  It's be a walk in the park for Ciara or Claire.  

I'm surprised Tripp hasn't donned a disguise by now to avoid Ciara's constant high-pitched, hair-tossing infantile whining.

So is Abby going to wonder why the lights are out in her attic?  Flip that switch, Abigail. 

While she's in there she might want to get a contractor to put in a wet bar, every DID brain could use one.

I guess Gabby playing some dirge on the piano is to indicate that either she's sooooo soofistikated or, considering the wig and clothes, she's a runaway from the pianney bar on Hee Haw.  She also looks a LOT like Billie Joe from Petticoat Junction.

And there's Uncle Joe, he's a moving kinda slow at the ..... why, bust my buttons, that there is STEFAN with an O.  If the man was any more laid back he'd be wearing a catheter and hooked up to oxygen.  I want somebody on set to call 911 because TC seems ready to breathe his last.  

He's really making the role his own, isn't he?

Kate, Andre wouldn't mind, shove that martini over to me.

ETA - My apologies, Andre, here's your martini back.  What a great ending, seeing Andre at ease in that double wide Abigail calls a brain.

I think I'm the lone Andre fan on this board - more correctly, I'm a Thaao Penglis fan - and I'm really happy to see him in more scenes.

IF only he was Tony......

No you're not! Me me me me!  I loved the relationship b/w Abigail and Andre.  When Andre showed up again with the sibilant speech pattern, I laughed out loud -- he seemed like such a cartoon villain.  BUT his relationship with Abigail and his genuine love for Chad turned me around a bit.  I saw him in a more sympathetic light but with a fatal flaw of needing to prove himself to his dead faaaatha. I really hope he keeps coming back to be Abigails mental mentor. 

Also... "that double wide Abigail calls a brain" ... I won't be able to get that out of my head.  Well said!  

I rarely post, but I wanted to come on and add some comments

Marlena!  What a surprise. Normally I just kinda tolerate her.  She's a little to self-important for me.  But I was Team Marlena last week (and now) as she's trying to come to Abigail's rescue.

Abigail: I gotta say, Marci Miller is doing a good job with the alters IMO.  I was slow to warm to her in the role of Abigail but her performances seem more interesting to me now than they did when she first arrived. Poor Chad.  I am really looking forward to him finding out what is going on.

Ciara & Claire: they have such HORRIBLE catfights.  What a terrible example for young high school/college kids who watch. I don't need Katniss Everdine but the shallowness and backbiting (such a gradeschool term!) is difficult to watch.

Hope: It was one night and you were broken up.  Yes Rafe lied to you (the bigger crime).  But he was never going to be Bo, the soulmate you still pine for.  I guess I see that Hope could certainly attract many men so she certainly shouldn't stay with Rafe out of desperation.  But she either loves him or not.  Trust can be re-earned to a large extent (although there is some permanent damage that will take years to get to the point where it's not). But if she is unable to get past this, then I'm not sure she loved Rafe enough to get over his lie.

Eve & Brady: I have no idea why I'm oddly invested in them, but I am.  Good luck Brady.

• Love 9

You're invested in them? I can say that I like Kassie...but other than that...nothing good.

I'm astonished that someone seemingly as well traveled as Chloe would willingly take an airline ticket from a total stranger at face value. Why isn't she investigating this for herself or asking some basic questions? She's a single parent. Parker has already lost his dad. If something happens to Chloe, it would be devastating for him. I kind of get the feeling all parents would be thinking along those same lines before accepting some random potential business offer... at the very least, couldn't she call the box office of the Vienna venue and ask if anyone of note made the trip from Mexico to see her there? Or call the airline to get whatever information she can about the identity of the person who paid for her ticket?

That being said, I am infinitely preferring this version of Chloe to the one we had a year ago, where she was running around fretting about Nicole being unfit and pretending Holly was her biological child when she knew all along she was just a surrogate. It's amazing what a little time on the back burner will do to wash away the memories of bad storylines and character arcs. Here's hoping Ron does the same thing to Hope, ASAP.

Speaking of Hope, I really wanted to see her rip into Rafe when he refused to sign the annulment papers. He has no right to pretend the marriage deserves to exist simply because he thinks it will allow him to keep a hold on Hope. That's pretty twisted. If he in any way loved her, he would respect her hurt feelings enough to sign the papers and slowly rebuild the trust. This is a woman whose previous marriage involved the same kind of emotional blackmail and manipulation. Aiden wouldn't let Hope go, and I would think Rafe would remember that and choose to do the opposite thing to prove himself worthy of her trust and respect. But nope. Rafe is an idiot so he's refusing to sign the damn paperwork. I really wanted to hear Hope screaming at him that he had no rights to force her to be married to him after cheating like that. I feel like Hope should be strong enough to actually yell at her own husband / boyfriend. Am I wrong? Didn't she and Bo get into some doozies back in the day? And more importantly, isn't she the freaking Police Commissioner? You think the police commissioner would know how to discipline someone.

Continuity question - when did they first establish that there were all of these DiMera tunnels under the mansion and throughout Salem? i Don't remember them being there during Kristen's glory days....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, SueB said:

Ciara & Claire: they have such HORRIBLE catfights.  What a terrible example for young high school/college kids who watch. I don't need Katniss Everdine but the shallowness and backbiting (such a gradeschool term!) is difficult to watch.

[SNIP]

Eve & Brady: I have no idea why I'm oddly invested in them, but I am.  Good luck Brady.

I hate that TPTB appear to be trying to emulate the Carrie/Sami rivalry with Ciara/Claire.   With Carrie/Sami, Carrie was the "good" girl, with Sami trying to steal Austin from her.  So, for me, it was easy to root for Carrie and hate Sami.   But with Ciara/Claire, there's no "good" girl to root for. They are both brats, and I don't like either of them.

I'm, also, oddly invested in Brady & Eve.  Brady is finally likable again. And Eve, though not in my mind the CR version of Eve, she's a million times more likable than the she was when she slept with JJ.  

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Continuity question - when did they first establish that there were all of these DiMera tunnels under the mansion and throughout Salem? i Don't remember them being there during Kristen's glory days....

I seem to recall talk of the tunnels way back when I first started watching in the 80's.  But, my memory certainly could be wrong. ?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I hate that TPTB appear to be trying to emulate the Carrie/Sami rivalry with Ciara/Claire.   With Carrie/Sami, Carrie was the "good" girl, with Sami trying to steal Austin from her.  So, for me, it was easy to root for Carrie and hate Sami.   But with Ciara/Claire, there's no "good" girl to root for. They are both brats, and I don't like either of them.

I'm, also, oddly invested in Brady & Eve.  Brady is finally likable again. And Eve, though not in my mind the CR version of Eve, she's a million times more likable than the she was when she slept with JJ.  

I love Sam Ischemes though. She JMHO was a fun villain.  Never understood Carrie or Sami wanting Austin.  He wasn’t the sharpest tool in the drawer.  

I like drunk Brady or Brady with Teresa   I hate he is with her sister ?

@DisneyBoy  I forgot all about Parker.   How old is he supposed to be now?    Maybe he will be old enough to date Claire or Ciara soon.  Trip needs some competition if these are the only two girls for him. 

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3
On 4/13/2018 at 1:38 PM, Apprentice79 said:

This DID story is just so stupid.  Typical Ron.. The actress is so bad.  She makes me miss Kate Mansi..

This. And I despise Mansi...horrible actress. Marci isn't horrible but I'm sorry, no matter how nice she is irl, she's just not good, either.

17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron is getting a lot of blowback for his DID story with Abby and what will happen later this week. People are really giving him the business. The asshole deserves it... 

How can it not be considered

rape

??

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Clair has been a Me Me Me Me Me teen since the SORAS. Everything is about her. Hell, the reveal about Safe at Rope's wedding was more about her than it was about Hope. Ciara isn't that much better but with the recast, I'm not hating her. She's still annoying but... putting her with Trip helps, imo.

WilSon and Ariana Grace: I think it makes sense that Ari is with Sonny now. (and when I say "with" or "get her/had her" I mean primary residence)

• WilSon/Gabi had her from birth
  • WilSon got her when Gabi was in prison
  • Sonny and Gabi had her when Will was "dead"
  • Sonny and Gabi have her now b/c Will doesn't remember her...and he lives in a studio apartment
  • Sonny will get her while Gabi is in prison - but continue to co-parent w/Will**

**I think that they've done a piss poor job of showing that Will is visiting Ari and co-parenting to the best of his ability. I think they've mentioned this a few times. He's trying to connect with her. They're doing the typical "tell not show" that pisses me off to no end.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I think that they've done a piss poor job of showing that Will is visiting Ari and co-parenting to the best of his ability. I think they've mentioned this a few times. He's trying to connect with her. They're doing the typical "tell not show" that pisses me off to no end.

I was about to be like "I've never heard it mentioned that Will even sees Ari," but then I remembered I fast forward most Will scenes so that's probably why lol.

• Love 3
On 4/15/2018 at 11:47 AM, tribeca said:

There has to be a little more to this Claire Ciara story.  Although let’s be honest it is flattering to be called beautiful but they are a little to obsessed with this contest.   Ciara was doing at first to get back to Claire but Claire seems a little to desperate.  JMHO Claire just seems to have low self esteem and all her over confidence thing is her cover.   

THIS!  Watching today's episode with Claire's winning by one vote after she somehow made up a 80,000+ deficit, I hope there will be more then Claire's crowing and Ciara needing to be bolstered by Tripp's adoration.  Both girls have been reminded that in the end, they will always be family and I just hope the writers have a bigger plan.

I do like Will and Paul--they look good together and make a believable couple--but in all feels like filler until Sonny is reintroduced into their scenes.

Kate and Vivian are always excellent and it's kind of cool to see Kate in the "good" role because she's been the "bad" woman for so long.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

I believe that we have had two full scenes of Will with Ari and then other scenes of characters telling us that they are together/have spent time together.  I would rather see it too, but I appreciate that they have been mentioning it in a realistic way.  I also think that it makes since.  You want Will and Ari to bond again but you don't want to just hand a child that age over to someone who may not know how to deal with them.

So far I'm actually liking the Will and Ari scenes we have, they're minimal but provide enough story to catch us up. 

In reality the young actress who plays Ari is really not that good so the scenes with her are always heavy handed in the direction of the adult and don't make for great scenes.  Cute kid, but not a natural onscreen. 

• Love 7

They did a good job of casting Lauren Bowles as little Ciara (still wish she hadn't been sorased), but in other cases both child and adult, it's like they didn't even try to get a halfway decent actor.

• Love 6

I like Horita, but, they need a story.  Ron does not know what to do with them.  I do feel that some things were edited out, I have no proof of that, it is just a feeling.  Horita should have drama between them.  They have a common ex, in Sonny, their past affair, Will's amnesia, their Jarlena connection and Arianna should all provide obstacles for their union. However, Ron is not bringing it all together, to give us a compelling story. Ron does not know how to write couples.  I do enjoy the actors together, I just wish that Chandler would commit to his scenes. I know that Guy was hated on here, but, he sold Will's sexual attraction to Paul.. Chandler is a bit too chaste. 

Kate needs to leave Lucas alone. She is mourning a serial killer.  I like Chloe and I like Lucas, but, not together. I don't know why the show will not test Chloe with Brady.  The actors have a nice chemistry, history and Philip.  Broe reconnecting would be so good. Plus, you can always bring Joy back to cause trouble for them. Perhaps, she develops a crush on Brady.  Then, Philip could come back and the sparks could fly again between Phloe.  Kate and Victor would lose their mind and team up to get rid of Chloe. So much history, is being ignored by Ron.. I wish that Sherry would get promoted to co-headwriter with Ron. I doubt Reron's ego would handle it.

The Bella contest is just pure crap. I am tired of the Ciara/Claire rivalry.  Ron needs to end it, yesterday.  I am not a big Tripp fan, but, not even he deserves to be saddled with those girls. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I like Horita, but, they need a story.  Ron does not know what to do with them.  I do feel that some things were edited out, I have no proof of that, it is just a feeling.  Horita should have drama between them.  They have a common ex, in Sonny, their past affair, Will's amnesia, their Jarlena connection and Arianna should all provide obstacles for their union. However, Ron is not bringing it all together, to give us a compelling story. Ron does not know how to write couples.  I do enjoy the actors together, I just wish that Chandler would commit to his scenes. I know that Guy was hated on here, but, he sold Will's sexual attraction to Paul.. Chandler is a bit too chaste. 

I get what you're saying but I do feel like that is all to come. You're absolutely right that there are a lot of beats to play here and a lot of complications that should cause angst between them. This is just the building phase, having them deal with all that now would cause the story to drag out longer, and sadly soaps don't tell romance stories like they did years ago, with couples taking years to come together. Sadly, soaps are dying and the future is always uncertain. The drama imo, will come once they are comfortable in the relationship. I don't see Marlena being too supporting, although she will put up face for Will. And it's a whole different ball game when Sami comes back. So I'm happy they're limiting their drama, for now lol. 

I think Will's main arc kind of got pushed to the sidelines due to the DID storyline taking over the few first months of the year. I think now what they're trying to do is to establish Will and Paul as a concrete couple in order to create the triangle aspect of the story. It's all been pretty realistic since right now they're both in the honeymoon phase, isolated in their own little world; so I'm sure the drama is about to unfold very soon. 

Today's Horita scenes weren't filler, it was simply the starting point of Will's new arc, and I'm so happy Will's finally getting a driving storyline about himself. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 6

The whole "Claire wins by one vote!" things reminds me of this dumb subplot on OLTL where Dorian (Ciara) lost the mayoral (dumb magazine thing) election to Viki (Claire) by one vote cast by her foster daughter's boyfriend Markko (the guy she likes Tripp).  At least on OLTL, it was just a, like, four episode thing.

I think they're doing a good job with the honeymoon phase of Will/Paul, it feels very early relationship-y.  The seeds are planted for drama with Sonny/Leo/Vivian plus surely something with the invetisgation into Will's resurrection drug so I'm okay that it hasn't bloomed quite yet. 

I wonder if Paul will get pulled into John looking for Marlena.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Are those the same tunnels full of asbestos that Lexie got cancer from after being held prisoner down there?

• Love 3
17 hours ago, boes said:

Why don't all these endless Rafe proppers, from Ciara to Jenn, to Shawn, Belle, Kayla, etc., stop with all this talk of his great love and tell her what they really mean:  In their eyes, he's her last chance, final hope, last gasp, last resort - it's 5 to midnight on her love life, that fat lady has sung, it's all over but the crying - you're in the Final Markdown bin, last train to boogie town, the sun is setting for the final time, Baby it's OVAH.

Because that's what they all sound like.  Jeesh, Salemites, give her a break.  A coal-operated vibrator would be better company.

Rafe isn't the only person Hope should kick out of her life.

Ah, you're back reading what's left of my mind again, boes!

That smarmy, self-driven one-sided conversation between Jen and Hope...oh, wait, "between"? Nah, we got from Jen, "Well, I'm finally getting some...and it's knocked the ashy roots right out of my hair...I'd wish the same for you, cuz, but that would lead to caring about you...  Now, Hope sweetie, I don't mean to make you sound like the Gobi at noon in August, but, as we religious-right ladies like to say, everybody's got a best-before date...  Oooh, look, there's the Last Train to Clarksville, er, Rafe?"

• Love 5

Tripp perpetually looks like a sad puppy. It's hilarious.

I loved Claire's outfit today. Her outfits are normally a hot mess, so it really surprised me lol.

I liked today's Paul/Will scenes. I am normally not a huge fan of CM, but he was good today. Will's, "I guess I should read it then," after Paul told him he wrote the Clyde article was hilarious.

I find Chloe/Lucas inoffensive but super, super boring.

I still hate that I like Brady/Eve so much.

• Love 5

Are Paul and Will living together?

Why did Will have on a tank top while in bed?

"I'm just a brat, right?" Yes, Claire, you are.

Yeah, a change of 80,000 votes in 30 minutes is legit.  Nobody is going to investigate?  And I guess Theo really did violate his ethics to steal this for Claire.  And now Tripp is the bad guy because he voted for Claire.

I'm sure "Poppop" is going to be thrilled with the news.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Are those the same tunnels full of asbestos that Lexie got cancer from after being held prisoner down there?

Different tunnels. Lexie was held on the outskirts of Salem in the tunnels underneath the old Doug's Place. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I believe that we have had two full scenes of Will with Ari and then other scenes of characters telling us that they are together/have spent time together.  I would rather see it too, but I appreciate that they have been mentioning it in a realistic way.  I also think that it makes since.  You want Will and Ari to bond again but you don't want to just hand a child that age over to someone who may not know how to deal with them.

So far I'm actually liking the Will and Ari scenes we have, they're minimal but provide enough story to catch us up. 

In reality the young actress who plays Ari is really not that good so the scenes with her are always heavy handed in the direction of the adult and don't make for great scenes.  Cute kid, but not a natural onscreen. 

I love that they have the original twins still playing the girls but they definitely need to recast them. Will was recast around the same age (the actors playing him were about five or six). The actresses sadly cannot handle any dialogue and you can see the Ari twins looking off screen waiting for their cue. They actually remind me so much of the child actors who played Will when he was the same age, since back then Will was an extremely quiet child because the twins playing him were quiet and one was really shy. Once they recasted him with a decent child actor he was actually outspoken, the way a Lumi child should have been. Arianna should less shy and more verbal but the writers know she struggles with the dialogue so it just ruins the scene for me.

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:22 PM, boes said:

I think I'm the lone Andre fan on this board - more correctly, I'm a Thaao Penglis fan - and I'm really happy to see him in more scenes.

IF only he was Tony......

I really do love Thaao Penglis - but I'm in agreement - as Tony.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, buffynut said:

Anything to do with Hope and Rafe still nauseates me.  Forget that he cheated on her (I know they were on a break!) but he's also her partner-in-crime in the whole Stefano murder/coverup, for which she went to prison, and he ... didn't.  You'd think that alone would be enough to not want to have a romantic relationship with him.  Plus they have no onscreen chemistry. When will TPTB see what we see, and end Rope for good.

That's totally it - no chemistry at all.  You know, when your true love dies, maybe that part of your life is over.  Hope needs to realize that.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, tribeca said:

Marlena still has great hair and looks good for some one who was wacked in the back of the head.   

Amen.  I love Marlena & she was great with Stephan & AB GAB the fab.  

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, buffynut said:

I really enjoyed the Abigail/Andre scenes.  I also think MM has been doing a good job playing Abigail's confusion. (quote)                               Me -   -don't know who MM is, but I assume it's Abigail.  I love me some Andre...please come back from the ashes like your Phoenix pop!

Edited by Tress
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, betweenthelines said:

I love that they have the original twins still playing the girls but they definitely need to recast them. Will was recast around the same age (the actors playing him were about five or six). The actresses sadly cannot handle any dialogue and you can see the Ari twins looking off screen waiting for their cue. They actually remind me so much of the child actors who played Will when he was the same age, since back then Will was an extremely quiet child because the twins playing him were quiet and one was really shy. Once they recasted him with a decent child actor he was actually outspoken, the way a Lumi child should have been. Arianna should less shy and more verbal but the writers know she struggles with the dialogue so it just ruins the scene for me.

I kind of wished they recasted Ari so that she actually looks like the daughter of Gabi and Will. Surely, there must be one Latina child with blonde/light eyes that could be used instead.

• Love 6

Hope can love many people, if she wishes. Just because her 'soulmate' died does not mean she cannot love someone. Rafe helped her cover up Stefano's murder. Give him a bit of a break. But it is your morality, sweetie.  I didn't see yesterday's show, but read the comments about Jennifer. No idea what Eric sees in her. She used to be fun and interesting. Ugh.

Hope someone at Bella investigates how 80,000 votes for Claire just 'appeared'. All those folks waited for the final half hour? Erm, nope. Too bad neither Ciara nor Claire won.

Chloe, it's probably not a good idea to go to Mexico, but you will.

So Leo's spotted Paul spying on him? No, Leo, you should not be adjusting your boss' tie. Way inappropriate. It's okay for a woman to tell her boss that she say, has lipstick all over her front teeth. That's it. Or pull a bug off her jacket.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope someone at Bella investigates how 80,000 votes for Claire just 'appeared'. All those folks waited for the final half hour? Erm, nope. Too bad neither Ciara nor Claire won.

They should be more concerned the top 2 vote-getters are related to the one executives at Bella who is running this contest. The other contestants should be calling foul on the results.

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They should be more concerned the top 2 vote-getters are related to the one executives at Bella who is running this contest. The other contestants should be calling foul on the results.

Usually, immediate families are not allowed to enter contests. It would be very unusual for an aunt and niece to enter a contest. There should be a meaningful third option. Suppose it is just to create drama for the two girls.

• Love 5

"PopPop"  Really?  I think "Old Poop" is a far more likely nickname for Victor.

Greg Rikaart is acting exactly the same way he did on Y&R.  His Leo is his old Kevin which I guess is the only note he plays.  I'm expecting to see him in a chipmunk costume next.  

Lucas, chill!  Yeah, the offer Chloe got is too dubious for words and she should be smart enough to know it's a bad idea but Eve was right.  Dial it down and figure out how to help, how to work with Chloe and not just try to strong arm her into turning it down.

Ummm, Paul?  I don' think Will is really interested in having pancakes for breakfast.......

• Love 8

I actually enjoyed yesterday's show - it was nice to have a day away from Gabigail.    With every passing day, I love Will & Paul a little bit more (and know I'm going to get my heart broken when they eventually put Will & Sonny back together - although I'm hoping that doesn't happen - I would like Paul to win for a change)   While I think this whole Bella contest is stupid - I am enjoying the Tripp/Ciara part of it - I think they are adorable & I am all in on Bo's daughter & Steve's son becoming a couple.

While I'm not a huge fan of Brady & Eve - I do enjoy their interactions (probably because I adore Eve) - just wish that he would give Eve the space she is asking for & not constantly push himself on her.  

Edited by Princess Consuela
  • Love 9
18 hours ago, JBC344 said:

They're the original twins who have played Ari since birth so... didn't really get to "audition" them except for did they cry too much. 

17 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

They did a good job of casting Lauren Bowles as little Ciara (still wish she hadn't been sorased), but in other cases both child and adult, it's like they didn't even try to get a halfway decent actor.

See above

17 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

Today's Horita scenes weren't filler, it was simply the starting point of Will's new arc, and I'm so happy Will's finally getting a driving storyline about himself. 

I love that they're establishing them as a couple...and not just sex partners. They are sharing job and life stresses and accomplishments; sharing a life, not just a bed. I'm glad Will is getting this storyline with the writing but god, I hate this Rolf thing...and that means more Susan, maybe? Ew. Kristin? Yes. Susan? No.

13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wondered the same thing lol. Weirder still was that he didn't have it on in the next scene.

TankTop gate: he slept in it. Then they were making out. Then poist coital without it. Makes sense. 

20 minutes ago, Princess Consuela said:

With every passing day, I love Will & Paul a little bit more (and know I'm going to get my heart broken when they eventually put Will & Sonny back together - although I'm hoping that doesn't happen - I would like Paul to win for a change)  

Yeah, they'll reunite WilSon at the expense of Paul and I hate it. I'd love for WilSon to reunite...the Will realize what a complete jackass Sonny is...and be pissed that everyone (Sonny, Marlena, etc...) were lying to him about how wonderful and perfect WilSon was. Even lying by omission should piss him off. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Usually, immediate families are not allowed to enter contests. It would be very unusual for an aunt and niece to enter a contest. There should be a meaningful third option. Suppose it is just to create drama for the two girls.

That is an excellent point--both Ciara and Claire should have been eliminated from being allowed to enter the contest to begin with because they are members of the family.  And I kind of hate that Eve and Brady's relationship is somehow tied into who the winner is.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I'm glad Will is getting this storyline with the writing but god, I hate this Rolf thing...and that means more Susan, maybe? Ew. Kristin? Yes. Susan? No. 

I was thinking, yesterday, that May sweeps are coming up soon, so won't be surprised if Susan and/or Kristin makes an appearance.

1 minute ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

That is an excellent point--both Ciara and Claire should have been eliminated from being allowed to enter the contest to begin with because they are members of the family.  And I kind of hate that Eve and Brady's relationship is somehow tied into who the winner is.

Maybe it's my memory playing tricks on me, and "romanticizing" the past, but I remember the original Bella magazine cover contest, when Carrie won, as being way more interesting.  But I think that *may* be because this contest is more about the couples - Eve/Brady & Ciara/Tripp, and less about the actual contest.  Wonder if we'll even see Claire doing magazine-y things?

Tripp's vote for Claire, puts a wedge in his romance with Ciara.  And gave Brady the win, he wanted.  I'm actually wondering, and this is only if they pursue the Claire's unexpected come from behind win, if it will turn out Brady rigged the votes.  Since Theo isn't even on screen, seems pointless to have him involved.

• Love 5
On 4/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Chad hearing Abigail in Marlena's office made no sense and was stupid, but I didn't hate it lol.

If Chad suddenly has to develop a sixth sense in order to make this story end faster, bring on the cheap-ass psychic special effects, I say!

• Love 14

Wow!  As usual the posters here are bringing it with the analysis and snark. It has been a long time since I've posted here but I have been watching the show, although I may have missed a few here and there - i.e., deleted without watching after reading the episode description. LOL!

On 4/13/2018 at 3:00 PM, TeeVee329 said:

So today we got the typical "The alter is real to me, I can't let you erase her" shit we always get in Ron DID stories.  But the writing and Tyler Christopher's performance has done absolutely nothing, zip, nada to show or explain why Stefan O. is so enthralled, captivated, in wuv with Gabigail that he would go down this vile, fucked up road in exploiting a woman's mental illness.

Amen! I actually really loved the Abby killed Andre and developed DID twist to the murder mystery. Where it goes all pear shaped is Stefan entering stage left.  Pear shaped is an understatement - this s/l is outright disgusting to me. I actually let out an EWWWW when they kissed. I didn't do that even when Roman was given a kissing scene. I can't believe how much this is making my skin crawl and they haven't even had sex. And this is coming from someone who embarrassingly enjoyed Ejami at the onset. I didn't come to despise them until the baby switch storyline when I began rooting for Nicole & Ejole. I'll give this much to James Scott who played EJ, he wasn't the best actor and sometimes he did phone it in but he did sell obsession well, especially at the beginning. I actually LOL when Marlena said Stefan was as obsessive as Stefano. Obsession implies passion and to convey passion one has to be able to emote. Days should be charging Tyler with theft, because he stealing from them by collecting a paycheck and not working. 

The mystery son of Stefano and Viv (huh?) comes to town and falls instantly in love with Abigail, who makes a bag of flour look spicy, for .... reasons. Now he is in love with her alter for .... reasons. It really just makes no sense that this purportedly highly educated, successful business phenom would think it was okay to not only plan a future with a mentally sick woman (who has killed before and can kill again) but also to encourage mental illness. I'd buy it if Stefan grew up half wild and crazy in the Dimera tunnels or better yet as someone upthread mentioned, if Stefan had met alter Gabby during the time Abby was on the run and fell in love, but this?  NO SALE!! 

I really hope this madness ends sooner rather than later. I do like that Marlena and now John are being folded in but I hate that Marlena

Spoiler

and Kate and Viv

gets locked away. 

I hate that Chad is such a non-factor and seems so distant from what is going on with this wife. He seems more concerned with Gabi in prison than anything. 

The character of Brady needs to be rested. Not just his character but his penis too. I am tired of his love/sex life and he isn't half as interesting or sexy as the writers like to think he is. The man falls in love at least twice a year with a different (or same) woman.   I feel like Dorothy Zborak:

b3acf3a0a9608d8e1fac7444e8fe16e3.gif

The richest person in town is not a Dimera or Kirakis but whoever is selling engagement rings to that dummy. Poor Lucas get perennially backburned and gets a love interest (doomed and half-ass written) once every 5 years and Brady's cup runneth over. This is why I am opposed to the

Spoiler

return of Theresa

. Not because I dislike the actress, but because it means a triangle for Brady and ...giphy.gif

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 6

It felt like the writers have realized that they made the new version of Ciara too bitchy because now they're having Tripp telling Claire that Ciara totally didn't mean it when she said she'd ruin Claire's life and that she loves Claire a great deal.  But then we had Claire pointing out that Ciara came back blaming Claire for everything regarding Theo, including his shooting, which was rather strange.  I hope the show is on track to making Claire and Ciara actually getting along again because watching them snipe at each other is tiring.  I do believe they love each other but there is also a healthy dose of jealousy on both girls part and the show needs to find a way to resolve it.

I loved seeing Maggie protecting Lucas from Vivian's offering him a drink because Lucas was seriously opening himself up to Viv's emotional and psychological manipulation.  Good for Maggie for showing up and stopping it :):)

I liked Paul's confronting Leo about seeing him with Viv--good for Paul for being a good guy and trying to help his ex.  I hope it doen't bite him in the proverbial butt :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I liked Paul's confronting Leo about seeing him with Viv--good for Paul for being a good guy and trying to help his ex.  I hope it doen't bite him in the proverbial butt :)

Ummm, I think Will is going to do the biting, and it won't be proverbial.....

• Love 5

Believe me, I don't care about Claire.  But it feel a little like they're over-vilifying her to prop Ciara/Tripp and/or to punish the character for ruining poor wittle Wafe's life.  As much as you can over-vilify someone in a story about a magazine contest. #eyeroll

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, boes said:

Ummm, I think Will is going to do the biting, and it won't be proverbial.....

I see what you did there :):)

18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Believe me, I don't care about Claire.  But it feel a little like they're over-vilifying her to prop Ciara/Tripp and/or to punish the character for ruining poor wittle Wafe's life.  As much as you can over-vilify someone in a story about a magazine contest. #eyeroll

This is exactly how I feel.  I think the writers are trying to dial back Ciara's over the top bitchiness but now they have other characters acting as though Claire is a demon spawn and it's just damn jarring.

• Love 3

The more they try to push this "Claire is a selfish, manipulating brat victimizing Ciara" thing while pretending Ciara didn't storm back into Salem being completely and unjustifiably awful to Claire and being utterly delusional about why she wasn't with Theo, the more I cannot stand Ciara and resent Tripp for liking her.  

Before this story, I found Claire sweet, if self-involved and generally well meaning.  I wasn't a fan, but I didn't mind her.  I initially liked her when she was brought on as sort of an underdog to Ciara's more established presence.  Then I couldn't stand her for a bit when she was being a brat to her parents about college and then chasing Theo like her life depended on it.  But once she and Theo actually got together, she seemed to calm down and I found myself more often on her side.   

Ciara, on the other hand, was boring as previously cast and an a-hole as currently written.  I was stunned that no one seemed to think it was an utterly unforgivable thing to write Theo about her feelings while he was dating, happily, her niece/BFF.  Claire should not have hidden the letter.  But nor should she have been cool with it happening.  What she should have done was confronted her aunt and told her to shove her regrets about dumping Theo where the sun don't shine.   Then Ciara comes back blaming Claire for everything and sundry without any self-awareness about what she did to Claire in writing the letter and ignoring the fact that when Theo found out about her feelings, he chose Claire anyway.   

Now Ciara enters a contest just to take something away from Claire and I'm supposed to be on her side because... though she entered to get back at Claire for telling the truth about Rafe, now she sorta wants the job... ish? Nope.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

The more they try to push this "Claire is a selfish, manipulating brat victimizing Ciara" thing while pretending Ciara didn't storm back into Salem being completely and unjustifiably awful to Claire and being utterly delusional about why she wasn't with Theo, the more I cannot stand Ciara and resent Tripp for liking her.  

Before this story, I found Claire sweet, if self-involved and generally well meaning.  I wasn't a fan, but I didn't mind her.  I initially liked her when she was brought on as sort of an underdog to Ciara's more established presence.  Then I couldn't stand her for a bit when she was being a brat to her parents about college and then chasing Theo like her life depended on it.  But once she and Theo actually got together, she seemed to calm down and I found myself more often on her side.   

Ciara, on the other hand, was boring as previously cast and an a-hole as currently written.  I was stunned that no one seemed to think it was an utterly unforgivable thing to write Theo about her feelings while he was dating, happily, her niece/BFF.  Claire should not have hidden the letter.  But nor should she have been cool with it happening.  What she should have done was confronted her aunt and told her to shove her regrets about dumping Theo where the sun don't shine.   Then Ciara comes back blaming Claire for everything and sundry without any self-awareness about what she did to Claire in writing the letter and ignoring the fact that when Theo found out about her feelings, he chose Claire anyway.   

Now Ciara enters a contest just to take something away from Claire and I'm supposed to be on her side because... though she entered to get back at Claire for telling the truth about Rafe, now she sorta wants the job... ish? Nope.

I love this post and I want to marry it!  If the show wants us to like Ciara more, then they actually have to put in the effort and make her more likeable.  I agree with everything you said, especially the part with Theo's choosing to be with Claire--after he found out that Ciara was back in town.  Claire didn't steal anyone, Ciara dumped him for Chad, then regretted it.  It's time to move on now.

• Love 4

I find both Claire and Ciara distasteful and their feud is nonsensical and annoying. There was no need to age  them. They should have remained children.  Lauren Boles was a find and we should have seen her age in real time.  

Ciara's rival should have been Allie in the future. The show was setting that up beautifully, by establishing, a love/hate relationship, between them, as kids.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
39 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

This is exactly how I feel.  I think the writers are trying to dial back Ciara's over the top bitchiness but now they have other characters acting as though Claire is a demon spawn and it's just damn jarring.

This is what they did to Abigail, especially the Kate Mansi years.  Whatever she did got excused, even praised - anyone else who did anything similar or even less got condemned to the pits of Hell or Doug's Place, whichever was worse.

Ciara is supposed to be the high strung but fierce and loving and blah blah blah and Audience should ALWAYS cheer her on - because we said so, that's why - and anyone who she dislikes or opposes her must be treated like a monster.

That perception is still damaging the Abigail character and Ciara isn't too far behind.

Tripp would be better off having a fling with Vivian.  At least with her, the crazy is also on the outside.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Princess Consuela said:

I actually enjoyed yesterday's show - it was nice to have a day away from Gabigail.    With every passing day, I love Will & Paul a little bit more (and know I'm going to get my heart broken when they eventually put Will & Sonny back together - although I'm hoping that doesn't happen - I would like Paul to win for a change)   While I think this whole Bella contest is stupid - I am enjoying the Tripp/Ciara part of it - I think they are adorable & I am all in on Bo's daughter & Steve's son becoming a couple.

While I'm not a huge fan of Brady & Eve - I do enjoy their interactions (probably because I adore Eve) - just wish that he would give Eve the space she is asking for & not constantly push himself on her.  

Will and Sonny being revisited again makes sense. This sadly has to be done, in order to completely separate both characters for good and move them on from each other. The way both Will and Paul are being written, it really seems as though they will be a long lasting pair.  They are setting a rock solid foundation for them to fall back on when the drama really hits. The show is also investing in their relationship, much like they did to Will and Sonny's. The only difference is that couple was elevated and given more screen time because Will was leading the coming out storyline. I suspect this upcoming storyline is going to do the same for Will and Paul, they're really painting them both as the next Marlena/John type of couple. Also, having Will attracted to Paul sans memories was also an interesting twist, since it's almost like they have a connection that goes beyond feelings/memories and is more like fate, I guess you could say. This was done for a reason I suspect. 

I do believe in the end Will and Paul will end up being the pair left standing once the dust settles. I know Will and Sonny will most likely reunite and cause angst between them and can see Will bouncing back and forth trying to stay with Sonny but probably coming close to almost cheating again with Paul until he eventually breaks up with Sonny. I think if Will and Sonny do reconnect short term, Paul is going to fight like hell for Will. They have been foreshadowing both S/P going at each other a few times these past few months with regards to Will. I also don't think Will is going to be the same person he was once the memories return. Will and Sonny have run their course imo. Sonny needs a long rest as a character, his characterization is too off and doesn't suit this new Will. The funny part is Paul is written much like Sonny was back in the day, although way more encouraging to Will and less about feeding into his insecurities. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, boes said:

"PopPop"  Really?  I think "Old Poop" is a far more likely nickname for Victor.

This is hilarious.  I could not understand what she was calling him, so thank you :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Right! I normally hate Claire, but I feel like I am forced to be on her side now because Tripp and Ciara are acting like she's the worst person that ever lived when Ciara is just as much of a spoiled, selfish brat as her. 

I kinda sorta still like Tripp/Ciara though lol. I think it's just because the Tripp actor is adorable and I think he'd be really good in a romance and I wanna see him play it. They need to bring in someone who can actually act for him.

I liked the Leo/Paul scenes. But damn Paul is a terrible PI.

In general, I enjoyed this whole ep. I'm mostly enjoying the show lately, which is nice.

ETA: I forget to mention I am not here for this new Wyatt character and I am already over whatever his deal is.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6