Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Oh, I know.  I was just confused considering the length of time between those two plots.  As unfortunate as it was I can understand the resistance to an interracial relationship at that time but saw no evidence that there was resistance to it in the 2000's.

I don't think that racism played a role in the show breaking up Brandon/Sami. Plus, the actor is part Black, but, he did not look it.   Whereas, the actor that plays Theo is part Black, but, he looks Black.  Genetics is funny like that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Abby deserves to get murdered for her continual relationship with her best friend the serial killer. And then to have them gabbing around the Dimera mansion like teenaged girls about the girl that may or may not like Andre.

He is a serial killer who kidnapped her father, killed a ton of people and tried to brainwash Chad into sleeping with Belle.

She has no real friends except Andre. She is a damned Horton and spits in the memory of Tom and Alice by being so stupid.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Abby deserves to get murdered for her continual relationship with her best friend the serial killer. And then to have them gabbing around the Dimera mansion like teenaged girls about the girl that may or may not like Andre.

He is a serial killer who kidnapped her father, killed a ton of people and tried to brainwash Chad into sleeping with Belle.

She has no real friends except Andre. She is a damned Horton and spits in the memory of Tom and Alice by being so stupid.

Abigail is repulsive.

• Love 2

Since Ciara and Claire broke each other's ornaments, I was hoping their Alexis/Krystle moment in the Town Square would knock the Christmas tree down.

Since, I'm being terrible, When Eli was hugging Gabi after she spent the night with JJ, I was hoping she'd pull away from him and say, "Damn, you smell like Lani!!" And the same with JJ after hugging Lani, "damn, you smell like my cousin Eli!"

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, worleybird said:

Since Ciara and Claire broke each other's ornaments, I was hoping their Alexis/Krystle moment in the Town Square would knock the Christmas tree down.

Since, I'm being terrible, When Eli was hugging Gabi after she spent the night with JJ, I was hoping she'd pull away from him and say, "Damn, you smell like Lani!!" And the same with JJ after hugging Lani, "damn, you smell like my cousin Eli!"

Lol, this is why we need more non related people on the show.  Almost all the relationships these women have had have been with Horton men Gabi; Will, Nick, JJ, Eli, her only exception has been Chad. Lani; Shawn D, JJ, and Eli.

• Love 3

Ahahaha

I know yall might be annoyed with it already but seeing Ciara and Claire catfight was everything.  Claire is literally insane and jealous (no shock) look how she was pulling at her own hair losing it front of Ciara.  She's so mad Ciara and Theo had something that dates back to their childhood while she was out on a boat somewhere with Shawn and Belle sailing, LOL.  Boy I'm glad this Ciara talks shit and can back it up.  Baby was out there in Hong Kong eating all the rice/noodles and watching sumo wrestling, how she threw Claire on that table - I'm deadass and yelling! ?  Of course the moment Claire got into the hospital room with Theo, she immediately did what Ciara knew she would do and what we've all seen is control Theo's feelings and keep him in a place that feels comfortable for her.  

As for Theo, he needs to sit his ass down somewhere.  He almost died because he tried to be badass once before.  Then he wanted to fall on the sword for Kate.  Chad should had set him straight immediately!  Nevertheless, Kate confessed to Abe that she played a part in Theo being shot.  It makes me laugh that she couldn't find something else to look into who was trying to pull a fast one on Dimera. You would think with those organized crime dollars she could had scrapped a few coins, but whatever. 

Everything else was ok in the episode for today. 

• Love 1

As wrong as she was I actually like that Theo stood up for Kate.  He himself is and adult and needs to take responsibility for his own actions as he is, but for all intents and purposes Kate is his grandmother, and he has shared a very special relationship with her over the years.  I'm glad the show is acknowledging that by him speaking up for her.

• Love 8

By the way, I find Eric and Jennifer to be supercute and wouldn’t mind if they fell in love. As someone who loved Jack but always got smacked in the face when they kill him, I adore that I can enjoy Jennifer in a relationship. And I never thought that Nicole should be Eric’s only real relationship. Going back when Nicole alllowed herself to be sold to Lucas.

• Love 6

I seem to be on a watch one day, miss the next, schedule, and today was a "watch" day. And I'm not sure if I'm glad I watched or not. 

All the Abby/Andre scenes just feel wrong. If he were her quirky, fun, bachelor Uncle Andre, maybe it might be fun to see him falling in love with Kate. But we all know he's not a lovable teddy bear, but a murderer. So not cute and sweet.   

I like that nu-nu-Ciara moves her lips when she talks. Or maybe I should say "yells", as that's pretty much all I've seen her do so far. And it just seems so ridiculous that these 2 young women are fighting over Theo. It's not like he's the quarterback of the football team!

I kinda like Eric and Jennifer.  Though it still feels like Jennifer is from the generation ahead of him, but with her dowdy appearance and apparel, she's hardly a cougar.

So, yeah, not sure if I enjoyed the show today or not. I did enjoy, though, not seeing Hope/Rafe.  So I guess that means it was a good show. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

As wrong as she was I actually like that Theo stood up for Kate.  He himself is and adult and needs to take responsibility for his own actions as he is, but for all intents and purposes Kate is his grandmother, and he has shared a very special relationship with her over the years.  I'm glad the show is acknowledging that by him speaking up for her.

This.

Eric and Jennifer are adorable. 

I hate myself for this but I really want Ciara and Tripp to get together. They should fake date to get at Claire. I love that cliche. And I think this Ciara actress could be good if they would move Ciara on from her one-note anger.

Are we supposed to just like pretend that Andre isn't a serial killer? I mean I could do it pretty easily since I never saw any of it and only know abut it because it was discussed here, but if we're supposed to remember it then the Abigail/Andre relationship is super weird. It's weird anyway, but that makes it real creepy.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Loved Steve and Kayla on Christmas.  

I don't like that we haven't been seeing much of them lately but that Christmas kiss was the sweetest.

I hate that Tripp is Joey's replacement but I do kind of like the tentative relationship that Kayla shares with him.   Holding out hope that the plan is to eventually bring back Steph or Joey.

• Love 4

Jennifer can send me some donuts!

Not sure that Eric is the best person to counsel JJ. But it is a start and he is keeping his word about getting some help.

I too was hoping Claire and Ciara would knocked the Horton Square tree down. Christmas is over. Eventually Theo will choose someone else and they will catfight that person. Both will grow up and learn that you cannot control another person or his or her feelings toward you.

Abigail and Andre are an odd pairing. Yes, he probably does have some form of love for Kate.

Did like seeing Kate admitting to being the big bad behind Theo going to the warehouse. A bit late, but...

• Love 3
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

By the way, I find Eric and Jennifer to be supercute and wouldn’t mind if they fell in love. As someone who loved Jack but always got smacked in the face when they kill him, I adore that I can enjoy Jennifer in a relationship. And I never thought that Nicole should be Eric’s only real relationship. Going back when Nicole alllowed herself to be sold to Lucas.

on the one hand i think they are cute also. but, i don't know the actual age difference between the actors, jennifer looks like she could be his mother. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

on the one hand i think they are cute also. but, i don't know the actual age difference between the actors, jennifer looks like she could be his mother. 

According to Wiki, Greg is 44 and Melissa is 50. So only 6 years different, and 50 isn't ancient. No way Jennifer should look like she could be Eric's mother. I know we've talked about her hair before, but if Melissa cut several inches off her hair and changed the colour to a darker blonde, I'm sure she'd look 10 years younger.

• Love 5

I finally caught the JJ Only episode and rather enjoyed it. Flashbacks were a little hard to follow because they kept jumping around in time so much, but I appreciated that they touched on so many of the different storylines JJ has been involved in over the years.

Were any of those scenes designed to fill in the blanks in those storylines? For example, did we ever see JJ confess to his mother that he was there for Theresa's overdose? I assumed they would have included a scene like that since that storyline was pretty major, but maybe they didn't and this was a way of editing that little moment back into that storyline?

Or maybe I'm giving them too much credit for recognizing that they edit out so much from their stories...

In the following episodes we see Gabi rip open his letters yet none of those trinkets he packed into them fell out. Little continuity editing note there. I imagine Gabi's attempt to wake him up by reading his words back to him would have fallen flat if everytime she yanked open an envelope something fell out and bounced off the table.

I also wouldn't have minded if they had intercut into the newly filmed flashbacks previously aired scenes. It was probably easier for them to just write new flashbacks, though, since the actor has thinned out a little bit since he first came to the show.

On another note I found it kind of funny the way Lani was so determined to sleep with Eli and throw caution to the wind only to wake up the next day acting as though he smelled. And then there was Eli flip-flopping from being cautious about the romp to almost proud of it the following morning. I'm starting to like the actor who plays Eli, but I'd like him a whole lot more if he never interacted with Lani again.

I also can't stop feeling sorry for Kayla. This situation just sucks for us viewers too. Tripp is a real find and the actor is doing great work and really should fit well into the show...but everything is working against him. I can't believe Kayla will ever love him and be happy to have him around. Even his gratitude on Christmas made me cringe because she had to stand there smiling knowing he held a scalpel to her throat just weeks earlier.

I wonder why they said Victor had a cold on Christmas Eve but then also said that there was a Kiriakas celebration at the Mansion? Is Victor just making up a cold as an excuse to get out of having to go to the Horton's? Whatever the reason was it's curious he hasn't been involved in any of the Christmas scenes. I'm always a little edgy over his involvement in the show because he's such a great actor and we've seen the show out botch their handling of these older characters time and again. Even the phone call from Caroline made me a little sad. Hindsight being what it is they should have allowed the character to continue to suffer from Alzheimer's or killed her off for the 50th in a respectful way.

I refuse to believe Chad isn't smart enough to see that the Andre/Kate/Abigail households dynamics are screwing with him big time. He sees Kate as a mother figure but can't trust her. He should be able to trust his own wife but she's been emotionally unstable for a long time and keeps going out of her way to back his serial killer half brother. And Andre continues to lurk about with only the most tenuous reasons for being there. If I were Chad I would be arranging an exit of some sort and running for the hills. I don't know how any corporations do business with DiMera Enterprises given all of the horrific scandals the family has caused over the years.

Wasn't there a time when Chad wanted nothing to do with the family business? Didn't he want to be an independent entity? Didn't Sonny want that too? It's sad that both of these guys have now inherited their family businesses when neither one of them are enjoying it.

Now that they are bringing Gabi back into Chad's orbit, I kind of wonder if the producers are planning on breaking him and Abigail up in the new year. They won't make either of the women look good to constantly be fighting over him and it certainly won't make him look good to keep vacillating between the two of them. Plus as much as I liked Chad and Gabi in theory when they were flirting and starting to hook up, they fell flat as a couple once they were together. That was in large part due to the writing but I question whether things would be any different this time around. Gabi isn't exactly a compelling character. She's hot as hell and vaguely sympathetic but has no internal life that I find interesting. I alternately hope she and JJ get back together because they had wonderful chemistry and a good start to their relationship. They were both trying to rebuild their lives and just happened to click. Gabi and Chad have such negative history that when you also factor in her supposed BFF status with Abigail the whole thing just becomes a little unsavory.

On a positive note I'm starting to see a bit of potential in the actress playing Ciara but I don't have any love for the character anymore and I find her hair ridiculously distracting. Claire continues to grate on my nerves which is unfortunate because I know the actress has potential if she was only given good direction and a decent storyline. We should be seeing her nurture her musical talent with the help of Eve and Chloe. Her relationship with Theo has never worked and I don't enjoy watching her eyes bug out of her head every other scene.

Why are John and Marlena so AWOL?

I find Eric eating Jennifer's donuts as a form of foreplay really gross and childish. I know there's something cute between them but at the same time they hooked up because they were addicts. They hooked up when they were both in a really dark place. Now we've swung back around to something that feels like a Saturday morning cartoon or an after school special where they're going to giggle if they so much as hold hands. It's just weird. I would have much preferred it if Eric was now taking life by the balls and Jennifer was enjoying being ravaged regularly by her swarthy ex-priest ex-con ex-addict FWB.

Come on Eric - let loose already!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Does MR dye her hair the color it is now or is that just her natural color?

I think she looks good and she looks her age. I think the issue is that GV looks younger than he is. He could still almost pass for being in his 30's imo.

I do think Jennifer looks older than Eric, but they act like contemporaries so I don't notice it most of the time.

• Love 2

So I finally got caught up on a few episodes from last week, and I have to admit - for ONCE, I finally liked Gabi.  Realizing what was happening to JJ and not leaving his side was the most selfless and caring Gabi has ever been.  Maybe this can be a turning point for her character.

Edited by FnkyChkn34
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Theo is an adult and should take responsibility for his actions. However, he is also autistic.  That should be taken into account when people want to blast Theo to kingdom come..This storyline could have looked a complex situation and provided different perspectives. It chose not to.  Kate is going to skate as usual and everything will go back as it once was. 

The actress, Holly Robinson Peete, has an autistic son and I remember on her reality show, she said that she fears that her son will one day have problems with the police because he is autistic and does not pick up on social cues that her other sons would be able to understand.   Her fear stemmed from the fact that her son had gotten his driver's license and it put her in a quandary of letting him live, but, wanting to protect him, due to his condition.  In a high stakes situation, the police would be unaware of his autism and things could  be misconstrued with deadly results.  Her fear was really moving. The show took the safe route and chose to make JJ the victim, while Abe and Theo were thrown under the bus.    Ron and his writers could have given us a story that was thought-provoking and make the viewers examine their own implicit biases in their own lives.  We all have prejudices deep within us.. Soaps used to be good at that..         

• Love 6

I'm glad Theo gave Ciara the reality check she so desperately needed. Hopefully, she calms the hell down 'cause the actress has potential. She and Tripp are so going to be "loving the one you're with" pretty soon, which hopefully will lead into a "wow, I thought I was just using you, but I actually love you" story. I love those.

Rafe and Hope bore me to tears.

Finally, let's get this whole hacking Dimera snoozefest moving. 

• Love 6

I like the art deco lettering on Abby's invitations.  I also like that she isn't wearing that mustard colored monstrosity she was wearing yesterday.  Though has the day changed from yesterday?  Kate is telling Andre she confessed to Abe, but is she telling him the next day or the same day? Ah.  Andre answered my question.  "If Abe were going to arrest you, he would have done it last night."

Uh, Claire, you just told Theo you loved him and yet you answer a call from Tripp right in front of him?

It's bitter cold in the Midwest this time of year.  Why is Claire wearing that thin off the shoulder thing?  I know it was probably 90 degrees in LA when they filmed these, but still ...

Abe kind of put Rafe on the hot seat by asking him to step aside for Hope. She should have told Abe to shove it.

"The board despises you.  Your support might do me more harm than good."

• Love 7

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Ciara because there is nothing I love more then watching an entitled, self-absorbed, whiny brat get cut down to size.  Did she seriously think she simply had to tell Theo that she likes him and wants to get back together and he'd just drop Claire?  Seriously??!!  I hope Tripp also realizes that Ciara is not a person he should be taking advice from--much like Jade before her, Ciara obviously has an agenda and the only person she cares or worries about is herself.  I also hope Claire forgives him and they can continue to be cute together :):)

Abby is so strange with her rooting for Andre like he isn't a serial killing psychopath.

I like that Abe is back to being normal again--Angry Abe was not fun to watch.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

I was surprised that Hope got her Commissioner job back.

Abe should also go to counselling or visit with Marlena or someone that she recommends for a few sessions. It was nice that Eric mentioned that JJ had been in touch with him about counselling and that he was taking his life circumstance seriously.

Ciara, get over yourself. Next thing you know, she will be looking at casting a spell to bring Theo back to her. Give it some time, girl. Go back to school, get some life adventures and maybe Theo will come back to you again in a year or two. You can't force someone to be with you. He and Claire can implode on their own. By then, you may have found a better dude for yourself.

Bye, Belle and Shawn.

Kate, you got lucky - this time. Granted in the scheme of recent Salemite misdeeds, you didn't do all that much.

I suppose that if you are rich, you probably can put together a new year's eve party on a day or so's notice. Tough to get the champagne quantity in without a special order, but with money, I suppose it can be done. Or some guests get the cheaper sparkling wine. At least Abigail changed into a more flattering colour.

Claire, as a poster has mentioned above, it is freezing in the Midwest and most of North America this time of year. I am at -27C with a -33 windchill right now and your top was giving me frostbite.

Wonder who they mystery RSVPers are. 

• Love 5

I wish Shawn and Belle were sticking around.  

So Hope tells Shawn that Ciara "adores" him and Belle and keep her informed if Ciara confides in them and Shawn says sure.  Okay....his brat of a sister is going after his daughter, so Shawn should tell Ciara to pass off and stay away from Claire, not offer her a shoulder to cry on.  

• Love 5
22 hours ago, buffynut said:

According to Wiki, Greg is 44 and Melissa is 50. So only 6 years different, and 50 isn't ancient. No way Jennifer should look like she could be Eric's mother. I know we've talked about her hair before, but if Melissa cut several inches off her hair and changed the colour to a darker blonde, I'm sure she'd look 10 years younger.

she shouldn't but she does. or at least lets say, his aunt. why the actress wants to look old and dowdy before her time is beyond me. if i had access to professional hair and make up i'd take advantage of it. she looks like a sister wife. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Rowan said:

[Ciara] and Tripp are so going to be "loving the one you're with" pretty soon, which hopefully will lead into a "wow, I thought I was just using you, but I actually love you" story. I love those.

I am SO here for this.

I loved Kate's braid. Her bangs are horrible though. 

The Hope/Jennifer scenes were cute and fun.

I'm excited for the party. I'm enjoying the hell outta this show right now. I wonder when RC will ruin everything? Maybe like a year at the latest.

• Love 3

This show isn't that painful these days.  High praise, honestly.  Except GAH with Abby and Chad. I HATE them together.  Wear some makeup and buy some facial expressions please Abby....she looks mildly confused by everything.  

Also, did Sami take John and Marlena with her? Not a scene since she left, right? Unless I missed one which is possible.

I am so here for Eric and his mawmaw.   I mean, Jennifer. Even though her style bugs me I find them cute together. I think I just like Eric.  

• Love 5

Kassie/Eve looked SO GOOD today <3

and Vivian's entrance... Boy was that ever Ron. Her part of the whole episode reminded me of when Ron wrote Irene with the pepto bismal on OLTL... Lol. He loves the camp (too bad I never did).

• Love 5

Thank you Kate for confessing. This way I can skip Kayla and Steve being smug about you “getting yours.” Aren’t you two currently covering up a crime and weren’t you last year when your son was a murderer? Good thing he confessed. Please jump off your high horse. I love Theo and Kate’s relationship and hope they stick with it. 

Glad to see Gabi be there for J.J.  I like Eli but I am rooting for her and J.J. to get back together. Also Lani and Eli are really going to pretend you did nothing? As others have pointed out at least Eli is feeling bad but Lani doesn’t have a care in the world. And I do actually see her side because J.J. did break up with her but why isn’t she telling then? Just like Rafe/Hope/Sami. 

• Love 5

Good throwback to Sonny always having to tie Will's ties.

Hope looks cold in that sideless dress.

Why is Jennifer wearing a donut on her head?

Chloe could have told Will she was his ex stepmother.

"Everybody loves Claire."  Well, not the audience, I don't think.  But Ciara, you're a real brat.

Nice Dracula cape, Vivian.

I wonder who might have visited Susan.  Kristin?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

This show isn't that painful these days.  High praise, honestly.  Except GAH with Abby and Chad. I HATE them together.  Wear some makeup and buy some facial expressions please Abby....she looks mildly confused by everything.  

Also, did Sami take John and Marlena with her? Not a scene since she left, right? Unless I missed one which is possible.

I am so here for Eric and his mawmaw.   I mean, Jennifer. Even though her style bugs me I find them cute together. I think I just like Eric.  

John and Marlena must have went with Lucas to rehab.

• Love 4

I thought maybe Jen had one of Mrs. H's donuts tucked into her bun in case she needed a snack later.

I just can't with Sonny.  He's skipping around like his paid-for Russian bride just arrived or something.  No relationship to Will as an actual person at all. 

And I'm kinda loving Will having the hots for Sparkle. 

• Love 12

I didn't like Abby's dress. Hope must have used double-sided tape to keep herself in her gown. Jen's donut on top of her head? Yikes! She could put a glass of juice on it and carry it around.

Eve looked good, as did Gabi.

Sonny, give Will a break and let him choose who he wants. And right now, he wants Paul. Paul puts zero pressure on him and lets him go.

Ciara, I don't know if you telling your mom that Rafe and Sami hooked up will do anything. Sami is not on the radar and it really is your word against Rafe.

Louise Sorel looks amazing.

• Love 7

what.....the......f***.....was abby wearing at the gala??!!! part 1950's negligee/part housedress?

she has the worst taste in clothes. she is such a frump and i can not believe her and chad as a couple. i hope they do not last. 

i am liking the show again. it's feeling like the old days. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Hope looks cold in that sideless dress.

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope must have used double-sided tape to keep herself in her gown.

I thought it was completely open on the sides at first, too, but I think there's actually that nude colored material there.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, msrachelj said:

what.....the......f***.....was abby wearing at the gala??!!! part 1950's negligee/part housedress?

she has the worst taste in clothes. she is such a frump and i can not believe her and chad as a couple. i hope they do not last. 

i am liking the show again. it's feeling like the old days. 

It looked like an outfit Carol Burnett considered and then turned down for one of her skits.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, annabel said:

I hate Chad and Abby and their and their "we are so wonderful" general attitude.

This. I went from meh about them to actively hating them. They're so smug and annoying.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, lilly6 said:

And I'm kinda loving Will having the hots for Sparkle. 

Me too. It works, in that I totally think someone "meeting" Sonny and Paul for the first time would be more attracted to Paul, even if he was told Sonny was his great love. I really wanna see Will chasing after Paul, and Paul not putting up much of a fight since part of him kind of wants to get back at Sonny for dumping him.

So who's the dude who is with Vivian? We didn't see him yet, right? Could it be Ivan? I can't remember where he's supposed to be.

• Love 3

I am finally caught up: I always enjoy the party scenes but couldn't TPTB have sprung for more extras to fill-in the room and make it look more lively?  All the men looked handsome in their Tuxes but why was Andre looking so casual?  Couldn't he put a tie on?  Kate's dress was too floral, Abby's dress was frumpy although I liked the color.  Jennifer's dress was lovely but that donut on her head was ridiculous! And, as others have commented, the color of Missy Reeves hair is not flattering, it makes her look old...they need to give her a deep blonde color.  And why was Hope wearing that backless dress?!  It was really pretty, but she is a 50 year old woman!  I'm a "senior" myself, but I would not be wearing a backless dress with side-cut-outs(although there was some nude fabric on the sides).  Gabi & Eve looked pretty and appropriately dressed.   Sonny treats Will like a porcelain doll that needs to be carefully handled.  Ciara is beyond annoying at this point with her bratty attitude.  And seeing Claire wearing that flimsy off-the-shoulder top in the middle of winter was making me cold!  Fashion choices on this show often leave me wondering....

• Love 6

Kate’s dress made her look heavy which she ain’t. Gabby & Eve looked beautiful. Jenn looked nice but her Princess Leia doughnut on her head looked dumb. Abby did look drab by but I like the actress. She has great laugh & smile. Looking forward to seeing TC. Hopefully, he’s hit the gym in between soap jobs. All in all, Salem looks like a fun place again. Although, I’d wish TPTB make up their mind what season it is. Half the characters dress for spring, summer or winter. Is Salem Square indoors or out? It can’t be that much of a budget buster to invest in a coat for each character. I know they tape 6 months ahead but I think they know when it’s winter, right?

• Love 5

I agree with everything already said about the party, from the "donut" (can't they give Jennifer a decent hairstyle, ever), to Hope's open dress (her hair looked nice), Kate's frumpy dress, and the sickly sugary Chad/Abby.  I guess all those things distracted me during the party.

Plus knowing who the surprise guest was. 

And wondering what John and Marlena were doing for New Years.

I know they were on a lot during the Memphis shows, but were there any scenes with John and Marlena over the holidays?  They had the set decorated with the Christmas tree, so why couldn't they have let Belle and Shawn and Claire visit.  And Brady and Tate.  You know, their kids and grandkids!  My fondest memories of the 80's are all the warm family scenes with the Brady's and Horton's.  I wish we could have something resembling that these days. 

My other 80's memories were the super couples. Why did every couple back then ooze with chemistry, and today other than the oldie couples of John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla and Justin/Adrienne, the couples are so bland. 

Or is it just me?  Maybe I'm just stuck in the 80's !!!!   

And here it is almost 2018.  Happy New Year fellow Days fans!

• Love 8
21 hours ago, boes said:

It looked like an outfit Carol Burnett considered and then turned down for one of her skits.

which were designed by bob mackie! who is designed this crap? adam and eve and little house on the prairie?

• Love 3

Really enjoyed Friday's episode. Nice build-up to Vivienne's arrival and nice mix of cast members. I kinda wish Ciara had spilled the secret about Sami and Rafe though.

Billy Flynn is starting to grate on me with the OTT PDA with Freddie. Stop dude. It has become intrusive.

Viv was so weird. Creepy, elegant... a lot happening there. Her look at the end of the episode was interesting. Her eyes were so glassy and was that a smile? She also seemed a bit short and frail. Shaky hands. I look forward to Monday. Hopefully she's as much of a powerhouse as ever.

I'm really happy to see Sonny on the outside of his own storyline but at the same time I'm uncomfortable with the way amnesiac Will keeps trying to shove his tongue down Paul's throat. Especially in this climate. Consent?

I'm really bummed by the way Ron is treating Susan. So apparently she was visited by someone who spooked her and now she's having a complete mental breakdown? Great. Thanks for doing that to my favorite character on the show (next to Kristen).

Brady has basically become one of my least favorite characters on the show now. It's amazing how I was applauding Ron for finding a new dimension for the character to explore just a few weeks ago and now I dread all of his scenes, especially the shirtless ones. He looks so weird and hairless.

I guess I shouldn't pity Kate at this point but I do. WTH are you thinking girl?!

Definitely missed Jarlena this holiday season. Can't believe Belle, Brady, Eric and Sami were all around at almost the same time but didn't share a scene together. 

Hey look - it snowed by Doug's place! And we saw a car! A CAR! Way to stretch the budget there Ron...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Billy Flynn is starting to grate on me with the OTT PDA with Freddie. Stop dude. It has become intrusive.

(snip)

I'm really happy to see Sonny on the outside of his own storyline but at the same time I'm uncomfortable with the way amnesiac Will keeps trying to shove his tongue down Paul's throat. Especially in this climate. Consent?

Snerk. I admit I've been thinking that it's a pity Billy Flynn isn't playing Will, and CM Chad or some other straight guy. BF's Chad's hugs are very intimate, while CM's Will always feels like the straight dudebro trying to give a friend a no-homo hug. In other ways, basically the exact opposite of what their characters are supposed to be in terms of their sexuality. Hey, maybe BF is bored with the Chabby pairing - I can't imagine why, since their storyline of doing nothing but having sex all the time is so very compelling - and trying to get into a more interesting storyline.

And you're right about Will's approach to Paul. Sonny is deservedly taking a trashing for, as lilly6 so perfectly put it upthread, acting like Will is his paid-for Russian bride. But Will isn't really acting any differently in regards to Paul. It's like he thinks that, just because Paul slept with him once upon a time, he has every right to kiss Paul now whenever he wants, even though it's quite clear that if he actually asked Paul for consent first, Paul would say no. But then he's not interested in Paul as a person, and he's only interested in what Paul does for him. And that's ironic, because he talks about how great it is that Paul doesn't put any expectations/pressure on him, etc...but Paul's not doing that because he's being understanding and patient and supportive and whatnot...he's not trying to be a good friend or potential love interest...it's because Paul doesn't care. He's totally wrapped up in Sonny. Praising him for not putting any pressure on Will is rather like me thanking a random stranger for not expressing an opinion on my life. Technically true, but means nothing.

Vivian! I was expecting the mystery figure to be a DiMera, and it's so nice that it's not.

• Love 6
On 12/30/2017 at 11:35 PM, ByaNose said:

Kate’s dress made her look heavy which she ain’t. Gabby & Eve looked beautiful. Jenn looked nice but her Princess Leia doughnut on her head looked dumb. Abby did look drab by but I like the actress. She has great laugh & smile. Looking forward to seeing TC. Hopefully, he’s hit the gym in between soap jobs. All in all, Salem looks like a fun place again. Although, I’d wish TPTB make up their mind what season it is. Half the characters dress for spring, summer or winter. Is Salem Square indoors or out? It can’t be that much of a budget buster to invest in a coat for each character. I know they tape 6 months ahead but I think they know when it’s winter, right?

I put the NBC promo for this week in the spoiler thread. Its just basically the intro for TC and um, it sure looks like he's been hitting the gym hee.

• Love 2

Today was good (from reading the recaps). I'll have to wait until Pinqy or Daily Motion uploads to see the performances. 

On 1/1/2018 at 0:45 PM, Black Knight said:

Vivian! I was expecting the mystery figure to be a DiMera, and it's so nice that it's not.

Technically you're correct and incorrect. Watch today, if you already haven't. Both!!!

• Love 3

Very good episode to kick off 2018.

If you don't have the long history of Vivian like many long time Days fans, her entrance might have left some of you scratching your head.  But she was one of the reasons why I lived for Days in the 90s.  She's a campy, cartoonish character but her antics always were entertaining.  Vivian looking like Winifred Sanderson was just what the doctor ordered. Louise Sorel, god love her.  She has aged backwards. 

Tyler Christopher is handsome and sex on a stick! ???  This is the best he's looked ever in his whole career.  I never had hots for him over at GH and Nicholas always made me a tad sleepy due to the writing, but I will say under RC's writing brought out the acting chops from TC towards the end of his run. He actually looks like a young Stefano before we knew who a Stefano was.  Loved his introduction as Stefan O. Dimera.  Putting his brand new whole family on notice, especially smug Chad!  Chad needed someone that could take him down a peg!  The power and control was all but getting to his head.  The fact he even laughed when Stefan said Stefano is his father was ridiculous considering Chad, himself, is an illegitimate child.  So I'm loving it that Chad is shook and bothered by his new big brother Stefan.  I sense Stefan also liking Abby and Chad picked up on that quickly.  I'm looking forward to seeing more chem testing between TC and MM so this should be interesting. 

• Love 7