Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Also, Hope... Why are you trying to have sex with Rafe in the cabin where everybody else in your extended family has had sex? That's really really gross. Marlena gave birth there, Kristen and John got physical there, and those are only the instances that I remember...there must be more. And don't tell me for a second that hope and race aren't going to get physical at the cabin. At this point she's a grandmother and smart enough to know what happens when you get in close proximity on an isolated island with someone you're attracted to.

Is this the same cabin where Abby and EJ did the deed multiple times.  If so, they really need to replace that mattress or at the very least flip it over!

Ah the teen set, I like them all, but there needs to be more of them as most of them are related.  A non-related female to get Joey's mind off of scary Ava would be nice.  I want Claire and Chase to get together for some reason because i just think they look adorable together ("Chair" or "Chaise" would be their moniker).  Ciara...I like her alright, I could still see her realizing that she is a lesbian for some reason.  If not, maybe she needs a really manly dude or something.  I think Theo is extremely good looking, would like to see him find love too, not feeling it with Ciara and him.  I agree that Allie and Johnny should be added in the mix, even though they are also related to many as they are also Bradys.  Seems like most of the teens are Brady/Horton/Johnson hybrids of one sort or another.  Not a lot of romance possibility there.

I don't know what Rafe would think could happen with him and Hope.  She has never chosen him or even really seen him as a romantic possibility.  She was with Bo and after Bo went with Aidan and after Aidan went back to Bo.  Rafe has never fit in the equation, why would he keep chasing that?

• Love 3

And Hope and Rafe kinda flirting over the murder of someone?  Ick and Ugh

That is really bugging too.  I know it was "just" Stefano, but he was old and in a wheelchair.  The least the writers could have done was given him a gun and even had him fire it at Hope, miss her and then her shoot him in self defense.  I hate that she killed him, just because he said mean things to her.

• Love 5

I could've done without seeing Andre pull a nail out of his face.  He really should have been pulverized, but whatever.  Apparently peroxide will fix everything.

This Rafe and Hope story continues to be idiotic,nonsensical and plot-pointy.  There is no other reason for why they didn't bury Stefano's body in the woods.  This show squeezed how many deaths and stories in a matter of weeks and now nothing of any consequence has happened for most of this month.  The pacing is all fucked up.

Lauren Boles' Ciara would have thrown a far more interesting kick back or whatever that lame party was called.  Still, I don't mind the teens.  There's some friendships and organic tension at work and that's something I can get behind.  Joey, however, is a moron.  Why would he want to be with scrawny ol' Ava to begin with?  She's manipulative and creepy, and no matter what the situation she makes that damn duck face.  Who does that?

• Love 7

It's funny, the only teens I actively dislike are Joey, Chase and Ciara. Joey continues to prove he is too stupid to live (why has Kayla been saddled with such a complete loser for a son, isn't Steve and all the crap he subjects her to enough). I actually think Theo and Claire are pretty good and they have long-term potential. The other three, well, Joey works best when he is with Theo. Chase and Ciara don't work for me at all.

Hope and Rafe are morphing into a ff moment more and more each day.

Yes. Tony should have been the one brought back. Andre is not a suitable successor to Stefano. The only thing he is suitable for is going over a jagged rock based cliff that leads to the bowels of hell. He murdered Renee and Benji damnit.

It's too bad they have found a way to make GV compelling as Eric as he is on the way out the door.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 6

The teen party. I.just.can't. First off, none of these actors are real teens. They are probably in their 20's. Secondly, writers on soaps can't write an accurate portrayal of a teenagers real party. At least, on Laguna Beach they had the red solo cups. Chase crushing on Ciera was so painful to watch. Can't we just send them all to college and move on?

• Love 2

The teen party. I.just.can't. First off, none of these actors are real teens. They are probably in their 20's. Secondly, writers on soaps can't write an accurate portrayal of a teenagers real party. At least, on Laguna Beach they had the red solo cups. Chase crushing on Ciera was so painful to watch. Can't we just send them all to college and move on?

I don't care about them not being really teens because they can do more with actors that aren't real teens but these teens are just boring. Soap teens are often unrealistic with their attempts to act as if they are years beyond their age. Which I usually hate but this group is even worse. It's like they tried so hard to seem like "sophisticated" yuppies. Why was that guy wearing a button down shirt and tie to a house party? Where was the party music, grinding, solo cups, spiked punch?

• Love 2

Andre also could have used some of Stefano's good alcohol to clean up his bloody face.

Steve could simply take Ava to the police station and have her charged/brought in for questioning. She may be more interested in talking if she has to face being behind bars. Steve is supposed to find her son within a few minutes? I don't think so.

Bullying and cyberbullying is a very important issue that faces a lot of kids these days. Especially when it comes to much talked about teen suicides. Abe and Lani should be getting involved, along with Theo's teachers. School zones should not be bullying zones.

The teen scene is kinda lame.

• Love 2

Wow! I thought Chase was at least 20. I will say Claire does look younger than the rest and is the best actor in the group. Which isn't saying a lot. Thank god, Theo wasn't at the party. I can't take the actor or character at all. I think the problem (for me) is that they SORAS'd all 5 of them at the same time. I think when KA started playing Hope she was the only teen and then shortly after Melissa showed up. I might have been okay if they had just aged just Ciera & Chase or Ciera or Joey. There is just way too many at once. IMO!!

No reason in the world why Andre shouldn't have driven himself to the hospital instead of home, and let them know fatha was in the building.

No reason in the world why Steve shouldn't call the police on Ava immediately to find Kayla.

Some of you heard lame music at the teen party.  I heard silence.  And for Hope to leave them alone?  No pot or beer there? 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

Soaps don't know how to write for teens/young adults at all and it's painfully obvious. The dialogue usually sounds like it was written by a 50 year old trying to sound like someone 20 years younger than them, the music is always generic and lame, and no one is ever allowed to drink, do drugs, or have sex without it being made into a big deal. 

• Love 5

Soaps don't know how to write for teens/young adults at all and it's painfully obvious. The dialogue usually sounds like it was written by a 50 year old trying to sound like someone 20 years younger than them, the music is always generic and lame, and no one is ever allowed to drink, do drugs, or have sex without it being made into a big deal. 

I don't know why this show insists on creating storylines for teens and casting people who simply can't act. My 20 year old niece and her friends have never or will never watch a soap opera. Today's teens and young adults like reality shows. 

This Rafe and Hope story continues to be idiotic,nonsensical and plot-pointy. 

Even Hope's visit to Eric was all about making her feel guilty, or something, about also having killed someone.  At first I thought it was nice that she decided to check on him, then it became clear why the writers put her there instead of at Jennifer's.

When did the princess abifail have time to bake cupcakes for Ciara's party?

Oh, is that where the "last cupcake for Ciara" cupcakes came from? 

Some of you heard lame music at the teen party.  I heard silence.  And for Hope to leave them alone?  No pot or beer there? 

I didn't hear any music either, and wondered why there wasn't any.   The party was lame, but they knew the guards were watching and would let Hope know if anything happened, so the lame party made sense this time.

• Love 1

Hope's house is under guard? Why is it we never see these people...

Gah, whatever. This show is swiss cheese. You really are better off just watching the scenes with actors who can rise above the limits of the material and ignoring the rest because every plot is so jumpy and full of holes.

I'm only vaguely interested in the Andre/Stefano plot, the Basic Black business scenes and Jawn's Momma Drama. The rest is just annoying (sorry Kayla).

Maybe we didn't see how Andre got out because he also pulled Fatha's body out with him? They want to keep that surprise for later?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Did Andre walk all the way back from the demolished building to the Dimera mansion?  The walk he pulled himself inside the room was ridiculous.  It would make me feel a little better knowing the writers are sitting around laughing while they come up with this stuff.  

Poor Joe.  His crush on Ava makes sense to me.  

I think the only reason I'm enjoying the stuff with Ava is because Steve sees her for exactly what she is.  At least there's one story that isn't being driven by a dumbed-down character.  

• Love 4

Hope's house is under guard? Why is it we never see these people...

Gah, whatever. This show is swiss cheese. You really are better off just watching the scenes with actors who can rise above the limits of the material and ignoring the rest because every plot is so jumpy and full of holes.

I'm only vaguely interested in the Andre/Stefano plot, the Basic Black business scenes and Jawn's Momma Drama. The rest is just annoying (sorry Kayla).

Maybe we didn't see how Andre got out because he also pulled Fatha's body out with him? They want to keep that surprise for later?

Like a Weekend at Bernie's? Soap-style?

Unfortunately, at some point, Stefano will start to smell.

• Love 1

Their family has a habit of injecting serums into bodies within 48 hours of their demise, often from gunshot wounds. I'd say that could have happened here. If Andre was apparently able to get himself out if the wreck, why not Stefano too?

Edited by DisneyBoy

Victor is faking a heart attack. Do we really need to keep making Caroline a damn psychic.

Marlena is telling Justin not to use Eric as a political gain. STFU. Your son drove drunk. It's wrong Marlena.

Phillip, stop talking!!!

Belle are you really trying to play victim. You been chasing penis from Salem to Maine to Salem again and hardly been giving Claire any attention.

Deimos is trying to get at Kate. I see his strategy. Get with Victor's old lady. Kate already being Brooke Logan and ready to play.

Poor Nikki. But I'm over her and everyone crying over Daniel. Lets move it along.

• Love 1

I dont care what anyone says, Claire was aged too fast. MM and OK play more like sisters than mother-daughter.

Belle, don't look one bit interested, Shawn.

Theresa is a sweetheart with Nicole but honey be careful she'll take your man the minute she gets her ways back.

• Love 1

I'm going to hope that yesterday's show was the end of Joey's crush on Ava. He was one step away from becoming the extremely BAD obsessive boyfriend from a Lifetime movie. I mean he was already the obsessive wannabe 'I have to see you again... if I don't see you again, I'll lose it!' Cripes... turn it down several notches, dude. And that whole mess on the park bench where she tells him she loves him too and he's all "Let's run away together!"

Ugh.

But at least he called Steve for a ride home and came in to find Ava handcuffed to a table... and then discovered that she knocked out his mother and his holding her hostage in order to force his father into finding the son she claims to have had with said father.

That should be erection withering stuff right there, is what I'm saying. And, to his credit, Joey seemed extremely perturbed by all of this AND accusatory towards the right person, Ava, about how she used him.

And then she tried to come onto Steve? What the... what the?

At least Steve has shown absolutely no interest in anything that Ava is selling. He's pretty much caught onto the concept that nothing Ava said about forgiveness was true... that it was all a plan by her to get him to do her bidding and, oh, by the way, he is so the opposite of attracted to her in any way that... well, I don't know what a reverse hard on is, but that's what Steve has for Ava. Just the opposite of anything remotely positive towards her.

One thing you can say about Steve, despite the massive amount of bullshit he's managed to bring into Kayla's life, it's pretty much a given that his interest in other women is microscopic compared to what he feels for Kayla. And Ava's brand of crazy is such that she apparently thinks that admitting to braining Kayla and holding her hostage somewhere is going to make Steve look upon her with any kind of interest.

Today is more Daniel mourning? Ugh x 1000.

• Love 6

Of course Belle is hanging out with Phillip instead of spending time with either of her brothers.

Is the Shawn, Belle, Phillip triangle supposed to be appealing? Am I supposed to find Belle rootable? She and Phillip are trashy and deserve each other. 

This whole thing with Brady having Dan's memories is ridiculous. Since when does the heart contain memories?

I wonder how long it will be before Kate is humping Deimos. I don't know why the writers feel the need to throw her at every man over 40 who comes to town. At least space them out a little, jeez. 

• Love 5

I find it even weirder that everyone is talking about Nicole's feelings for Brady like it makes complete medical sense.

Theresa: "So you have feelings for Brady now because Dan's heart is beating in his chest, right?"

Nicole: "You know I do. It's only natural."

Theresa: "Of course. I totally get it."

*facepalm*

• Love 6

I am kinda liking this selfish Belle. She seemed to be having a lot of fun with Phillip, and if it is him or this boring mopey milquetoast Sean, then I know who I would pick. I hope this is not going to be a case where the actor acts the opposite of what the writers write.

• Love 1

How did the coffee shop server know that was Belle? And I noticed she's going by Black, not Brady.

Why is Theresa dressed like she's going to a nightclub?

Philip's snark at Shawn was funny as hell.

Wow, Justin lives!

Ugh, Shawn, grow a pair.

• Love 1

I'm going to hope that yesterday's show was the end of Joey's crush on Ava. He was one step away from becoming the extremely BAD obsessive boyfriend from a Lifetime movie. I mean he was already the obsessive wannabe 'I have to see you again... if I don't see you again, I'll lose it!' Cripes... turn it down several notches, dude. And that whole mess on the park bench where she tells him she loves him too and he's all "Let's run away together!"

Ugh.

But at least he called Steve for a ride home and came in to find Ava handcuffed to a table... and then discovered that she knocked out his mother and his holding her hostage in order to force his father into finding the son she claims to have had with said father.

That should be erection withering stuff right there, is what I'm saying. And, to his credit, Joey seemed extremely perturbed by all of this AND accusatory towards the right person, Ava, about how she used him.

And then she tried to come onto Steve? What the... what the?

At least Steve has shown absolutely no interest in anything that Ava is selling. He's pretty much caught onto the concept that nothing Ava said about forgiveness was true... that it was all a plan by her to get him to do her bidding and, oh, by the way, he is so the opposite of attracted to her in any way that... well, I don't know what a reverse hard on is, but that's what Steve has for Ava. Just the opposite of anything remotely positive towards her.

One thing you can say about Steve, despite the massive amount of bullshit he's managed to bring into Kayla's life, it's pretty much a given that his interest in other women is microscopic compared to what he feels for Kayla. And Ava's brand of crazy is such that she apparently thinks that admitting to braining Kayla and holding her hostage somewhere is going to make Steve look upon her with any kind of interest.

Today is more Daniel mourning? Ugh x 1000.

Everything you said in regards to Steve and SWMNBN is true, and it just begs the question of why the character was brought back. She is the ultimate plot point, as viewers didn't need her to know at Steve loves Kayla. She just makes me remember all the reasons why Kayla should kick Steve to he curb. She was not needed for drama and angst. The history that already exists between Steve and Kayla suffice. Hell, we still don't know the real reason Steve abandoned Kayla and Joey other than some cryptic and unexplained "it was to protect you." An unnecessary child with a vile woman adds nothing to the mix. Either said child will be fully accepted, and we know Kayla will accept it, or the child is a monster who hurts Kayla and if that turns out any way other than we will suspect it will, it serves to further prove Kayla needs to dump Steve.

As for that imbecile Joey, I wouldn't be surprised if he frees SWMNBN and offers to flee the country with her because he knows that Kayla must have somehow provoked his beloved into viciously attaching her from behind, kidnapping her and holding her hostage. He also probably thinks that his dead grandfather probably did something to provoke "the only person who understands him." Guess what Joey, your great love understands you because she is cray-cray. Your parents don't understand you because they are neither stupid nor insane. My word of advise for Joe Johnson -- please seek the mental health care you so desperately need.

Belle is just awful (she and Phillip completely deserve one another). BB is just plain bad as Shawn, no life, no spunk, nothing of interest. I like Claire.

Don't understand what Victor was trying to prove with his "heart attack." I knew he was faking the minute it happened and Deimos's reaction with both Victor and Phillip made it clear he knew Victor was faking as well. Based on your performance old boy, don't go building that trophy case just yet. By the way, does Victor suffer from dementia, because, he is guilty of like a million more criminal acts including murder, kidnapping, sexual abuse, etc. than the "supposedly evil" Deimos is.

During Phillip's entire scene with Kate, all I could think was, "Why does Phillip appear to be the same age as his mother?"

• Love 6

So Brady got all of Tan Dan's gooey goodness memories because he had his heart transplant.

I guess he should be grateful he didn't need an asshole transplant - it was the certainly the larger of Dan's organs, so I guess all the things I remember, of him abusing Nicole on a regular basis must have been stored there.

I guess if he had gotten that transplant, he'd be farting unicorns right now too.

During Phillip's entire scene with Kate, all I could think was, "Why does Phillip appear to be the same age as his mother?"

And almost as pretty.  

JPL is just one huge tic.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Nicole is free to love anyone she wants. Love does NOT equal 'relationship'.  Teresa's need and insecurity is what will do her in. Give Brady some space and let him choose what he wants. Men can smell desperation. Although nearby women get a strong whiff. Not like Brady is the last available man in Salem.

No interest in Belle/Shawn/Philip at this time. None of them compel me to watch. Don't really care. Give me a reason to care.

Deimos is a bit of a wildcard and is a bit more interesting.

• Love 1

GV was great today, especially at the police station with DH.  TIIC have wasted him during his entire run, first with the priest bit, then being raped and having no POV and then that damn elephant story that dragged on and on and on.  At least he's been given the opportunity to do something interesting, though it must be bittersweet.

AZ was wonderful again as well, but this timeline is crazy messed up.  They need to move things along.

I was willing to give JPL a chance and hoped he'd left all his tics behind.  But he hasn't.  I was actually embarrassed for him today when he was opposite BB, LK, and VI.  If Philip is going to remain on canvas, someone else needs to be playing him.

• Love 5

While I'm glad Daniel is gone - the whole Brady is now having Daniel's memories is just stupid - just another way the writers can throw him at Nicole & create angst with Theresa.

I really like Deimos - he's a breath of fresh air & watching him snark with Victor is fun.   Now how long before Justin finds out he has another uncle???    

I don't mind JPL as Phillip but really wish he'd cut his hair.

out of all the teens the only one that kind of bugs me is Ciara - I actually love all the others especially Theo & Claire.

And so glad that Steve isn't buying any of Ava's crap (and I still don't really believe that child is Steve's) - this whole story is just very strange.

• Love 3

Very strange indeed, though I love seeing Steve be a tough guy worried about Sweetness. Ava is just awful and I can't wait until she is GONE, hopefully for good. 

While I loved Hope's leather vest, my first thought was "hmm, when did the grieving and guilty Hope find time to tan?" 

Ugh, Andre -- his stumbling around the manse was a tour de force of some kind, and he kind of amuses me, but mostly I wish he'd stayed wherever he was prior to Salem. And poor Chad -- his sparkly eyes and giddiness about buying the family home just foreshadow doom. Who would want to bring a baby into that house of death and darkness? But I could picture Abigail redecorating it in whitewashed neutrals and steampunk accessories. And those hidden rooms may come in handy. 

I'm beginning to really love Clare -- she's a great actress and very appealing. So Chase's big secret is that he has a crush on Ciara? Der. And Joey - my god, kid, pull yourself together. Thank god he called his Dad before getting on that damn bike. BUT where the hell is Kayla? Is there anyone watching her, bringing her food or water while Ava is chained to the side table? Ava is just so creepy I can't stand it. Get this story resolved and move on, show. 

• Love 7

So Brady got all of Tan Dan's gooey goodness memories because he had his heart transplant.

I guess he should be grateful he didn't need an asshole transplant - it was the certainly the larger of Dan's organs, so I guess all the things I remember, of him abusing Nicole on a regular basis must have been stored there.

I guess if he had gotten that transplant, he'd be farting unicorns right now too.

And almost as pretty.  

JPL is just one huge tic.

Such stupid BS that Brady is Daniel's clone because he received THE heart.  Way to misinform the public show! Does this mean he's going to start dreaming about having sex with Nicole? You Know it does!

I read that line about JPL as him being "one huge ic". The actor must practice tossing his hair and making moues in the mirror. He looks like he's acting not being.

• Love 2

Martha Madsen looks really pretty lately.  I see Belle has become a rather confident woman and not afraid to do what she wants.  Can anyone tell me why Shawn and Belle split up?  I know he filed the divorce papers but I still don't know the exact cause for Shawn wanting the divorce.

So we got this new Philip now.  I read that this actor is a soap opera veteran from a now canceled soap opera show.  He's not bad looking but boy, is he rough around the edges.  Maybe he is still trying to find his interpretation of Phillip Kiriakis.  I miss the first actor that played Phillip.  I wonder what he's doing now.

I liked how Phillip told off Shawn to stop bothering him and talk to Belle instead.  Phillip is right.  Go talk to Belle.  She's the problem after all.

I think Eric is definitely going to be in jail for awhile.  Such is the consequence of drunk driving.  I felt sorry for everyone involved.  Marlena crying over Eric was heartbreaking.  R.I.P. Dr. Dan.

• Love 2

Martha Madsen looks really pretty lately.  I see Belle has become a rather confident woman and not afraid to do what she wants.  Can anyone tell me why Shawn and Belle split up?  I know he filed the divorce papers but I still don't know the exact cause for Shawn wanting the divorce.

Belle cheated on Shawn once again.

• Love 2

I hated the pairing of Philip and Melanie, but I'm just grateful I didn't have to endure it with this Philip.  

I've revised my thoughts on Victor/Deimos/Dead Fiancee. I'm thinking now that Victor didn't kill her, that it was a suicide, but he planted evidence implicating Demios after the fact. VI played it like he really didn't do it, so unless we're supposed to think that Deimos is just that good of a liar, I'm believing him.

I did sort of love that handwave that Deimos gave Philip as they crossed paths in the hallway. No "Hey, your dad's in there, having a heart attack" or anything, just a very "whatever" sort of move. I don't know how I'm *supposed* to feel about him leaving Victor to possibly die, but I liked it.
I do not like him with Kate. Her love life doesn't interest me, and her "poor me, I'm the only one here not getting laid" attitude on New Years Eve bugged me. Clyde ruined any good feelings I was starting to have for her. Plus, he's Nicole's and he's going to pursue her the way that Xander appeared to, but without the evil intent. (if only in my mind) 

• Love 5