Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Lovely "daylight" lighting at the beginning when Lucas was at Will's grave.

When did Adrienne become the accountant for TBD?

Eduardo's detailed notes about Gabi and Rafe's comings and goings is creepy as hell.

What the hell is Lucas talking about, not stepping up for Will?  He went to prison for him!!!  And they're sure rewriting Will's history by talking about what a great man he was.

Lucas was not always a model father for Will..Neither was Sami.. I can understand Lucas having regrets about not being a better father for Will...Carrie and Austin were better parents to Will than Lumi....That is why their absence from his funeral was so glaring..They made it a point to mention them during the Wilson wedding..

• Love 2

I could see what Lucas meant.  It is hard to remember but both Lucas and Sami were very "lost, scheming teenagers" when they became parents.  It took them a long time to get "stable" in terms of putting their kids first.

• Love 6

I could see what Lucas meant.  It is hard to remember but both Lucas and Sami were very "lost, scheming teenagers" when they became parents.  It took them a long time to get "stable" in terms of putting their kids first.

Exactly! When Sami got pregnant with Will, he was the ideal weapon to break up Carrie and Austin..He was a means to an end....It wasn't until she was on death row orchestrated by Lucas and Kate that I saw that she did love Will...I wished that the show had shown the Lumily history in its entirety via flashbacks to give people who did not know their history a bit more understanding on their complicated dynamic...

• Love 3

If Clyde was really smart, he'd be trading his knowledge of the serial killer for immunity.

Good riddance to pedophile Clyde (though I heart James Read) and his inbred son with the inexplicable Jersey accent.

I was thinking that too...do it! DO IT!! Turn him in Clyde! lol

I think that is a Boston accent....equally abrasive when it slips out unexpectedly...a lot.

(ETA: Oh geez, I meant to say inexplicable...not abrasive. Sorry Bostonians. I don't mind your accent at all.)

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 2

In the Clyde/Ben scenes, there was something I was waiting for Clyde to ask that I'm surprised he didn't.  Why, oh, why didn't Ben just try to kill Chad outright?  Why did Serena, Paige, and Will have to suffer instead?

• Love 2

Oh please like she's this deep well of devotion.

Hell he could have let her go off on a lark with Chad. Then waved his crotch her direction and she be gaga for Ben again. Her biggest enemy is fidelity; whether she's the side piece or cheater.

• Love 10

. Her biggest enemy is fidelity; whether she's the side piece or cheater.

I love this description of Abby because it's true--she is incapable of being loyal and if she and Chad end up together, she'll be looking around for the next man because that's the kind of girl she is.

As much as I love FS and Sonny and think that he owned his final storyline, I hate that the last scene of the day, the last moment we get of Sonny, is watching the picture of him.Will and Arianna blowing off into the wind.  Can't they have moment of peace?

I'm kind of nauseated by the Adrienne, Justin and Lucas storyline because all three of them seem so miserable and angry and I'm not seeing any chemistry.

• Love 7

Hey, what's with all the film noir neon red and green flashes bathing BOllie's apartment? Is he living over the docks? Is he living inside a James M. Cain novel? Has it always been like that, or just since he relocated to Crazy Town?

And speaking of crazy, why would Sonny go straight from his parents' to an empty apartment? Why wouldn't he get to Ari G. as fast as he possibly could? That makes the kind of sense that's ... not.

• Love 4

I was so irked by Abigail this episode. When talking to Chad at his bedside about whether or not he was a murderer I think she actually said, "Is this all because of me?" Yes, Abby, it's all about you, why wouldn't it be? Sigh....

Even though I don't like Clyde I thought James Read was fantastic in his scenes with Ben confessing to the murders. I will miss him even though they made his character pretty much irredeemable. He could've potentially been a great villain to have hanging around for awhile. 

• Love 7

WTF was that "hairstyle" on Abby today? I ffd through most of it, but it looked like she had hair from the back of her head pulled forward over her ears so the ends stuck out and then the front pieces pulled to the back of her head ponytail-like. WTF!!!

• Love 2

So Abigail sat at Chad's bedside today and wept because he wouldn't wake up and tell her she was amazing or that he was innocent or just to tell her he loved her or that she was amazing or some such shit.  Chad is probably faking the coma just to not have to respond.

If Adrienne didn't want Justin to comment or care about her breast cancer gene then maybe she should have KEPT HER BIG MOUTH SHUT.  How's that for a plan?  And if they truly are over then she really needs to get her ass out of Victor's house.

I don't mind Adrienne as much as some folks do, and I like her and Lucas to a certain extent, but I detest that passive aggressive bullshit like she just pulled.  

If she had told him and he said nothing, then at some point she'd be accusing him of not caring.

BT had another good day.  I think he's really put his best acting foot forward with the Will's death storyline.  Further proof, if Show needed any, that they've got a talented performer here, a character with history, who is badly underutilized.

So Sonny is gone.  OK.  I'm going to miss Freddie Smith, but the character of Sonny Kiriakis took a bit of a hit with him leaving town and abandoning his child.  It sort of makes the point that without Will he doesn't really feel like Ari's father.   That's quite the reversal from all we'd heard up to now, and very OOC for Sonny Kiriakis to do.  

Outside of all the good performances based on the emotion of the moment - Will's death - this subplot storyline has had some major stumbles.

Here's a first, or almost a first.  I'm going to say something good about Rafe.  Usually, all I can compliment are his eyelashes.  Guy has seriously pretty eyelashes.  But I don't think he's been at all bad in this storyline, in his detective role.  The sullen, pouty Rafe hasn't been on display to any great extent - although he was on full display today with Daddy Long Legs, and I think that's his weakest look.  But otherwise, he's been decent.  

Some have said that since he's a  Higley favorite, we'll see him eating up the screen the same way Dr. Tan the Dan man did, and this will be just as bad. I  hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, I don't think Rafe on his worse day could even approach the horror that is and has been Dr. Dan.

But we'll see!

Otherwise, whatever else happened today has already faded from memory. 

• Love 9

Ah Lucas made me cry again - I really do feel for him - no he didn't treat Will the best when he was young (neither did Sami) but they eventually stepped up & became good parents.

I enjoy Adrienne & Lucas - they have a kind of a sweet chemistry (plus I was never a super big fan of Adrienne & Justin (even though I like both of them)

So so glad that Chad didn't suddenly wake up the minute Abifail put her hand on his chest & cried about she thinks this is all about her - blech - I think I might have thrown things at the tv if that had happened.    And what was up with her hair?  It just looked messy & not very flattering - I honestly think they must hate her because the majority of the time her hair looks like a rat's nest.

So Eduardo is keeping a journal on Rafe & Gabi?   How weird & stalkerish is that?   I'm glad that Rafe told Gabi about him.

I'm enjoying the fact that Rafe is actually being smart about this case & not automatically thinking Chad's guilty - it's a refreshing change off pace (and I'll take Rafe on my screen every day over Dr. Tan)

• Love 5

I was thinking that too...do it! DO IT!! Turn him in Clyde! lol

I think that is a Boston accent....equally abrasive when it slips out unexpectedly...a lot.

(ETA: Oh geez, I meant to say inexplicable...not abrasive. Sorry Bostonians. I don't mind your accent at all.)

LOL, RedRock, no offense taken : )

• Love 2

Ah Lucas made me cry again - I really do feel for him - no he didn't treat Will the best when he was young (neither did Sami) but they eventually stepped up & became good parents.

I enjoy Adrienne & Lucas - they have a kind of a sweet chemistry (plus I was never a super big fan of Adrienne & Justin (even though I like both of them)

So so glad that Chad didn't suddenly wake up the minute Abifail put her hand on his chest & cried about she thinks this is all about her - blech - I think I might have thrown things at the tv if that had happened.    And what was up with her hair?  It just looked messy & not very flattering - I honestly think they must hate her because the majority of the time her hair looks like a rat's nest.

So Eduardo is keeping a journal on Rafe & Gabi?   How weird & stalkerish is that?   I'm glad that Rafe told Gabi about him.

I'm enjoying the fact that Rafe is actually being smart about this case & not automatically thinking Chad's guilty - it's a refreshing change off pace (and I'll take Rafe on my screen every day over Dr. Tan)

I agree and I also think that Lucas has never forgiven himself for almost killing Will when he was a toddler, by getting into a car accident while driving drunk.. He had kidnapped Will from the Kiriakis mansion and was planning on leaving the country with him. Will was severely injured and was in a coma. To me Bryan always brings that type of history, when interacting with Will...Will was his heart...He loved his son with every fiber of his being...He and Will were best friends..It is probably why Will has always favored him over Sami...I always loved the Lucas/Will bond, especially with mophead Will...They looked so much like father and son..He also looked like Kate, Austin and Billie...Mophead Will was my favorite Will...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I'm going out on a lonely limb here, but I thought Abigail looked very pretty yesterday, and her "was it about me?" was more about guilt than narcissism. And wake UP, Chad, geez. 

I don't get why Adrienne was suddenly all anti-Justin. She was just too over the top, even if we're supposed to give her a pass because she has the gene that may cause breast cancer. PUleeze. My mother was a breast cancer survivor and so I've had mammos every year since I was 35 -- but I don't feel like there's a sword of Damocles hanging over my head or anything. And she even looked sick and washed out yesterday -- she's much prettier in lighter colors. But I'm not invested in either her or Justin at this point. I can't wait, in fact, for Justin to be proven wrong about Chad. Blech. 

• Love 3

So Abigail sat at Chad's bedside today and wept because he wouldn't wake up and tell her she was amazing or that he was innocent or just to tell her he loved her or that she was amazing or some such shit.  Chad is probably faking the coma just to not have to respond.

If Adrienne didn't want Justin to comment or care about her breast cancer gene then maybe she should have KEPT HER BIG MOUTH SHUT.  How's that for a plan?  And if they truly are over then she really needs to get her ass out of Victor's house.

I don't mind Adrienne as much as some folks do, and I like her and Lucas to a certain extent, but I detest that passive aggressive bullshit like she just pulled.  

If she had told him and he said nothing, then at some point she'd be accusing him of not caring.

BT had another good day.  I think he's really put his best acting foot forward with the Will's death storyline.  Further proof, if Show needed any, that they've got a talented performer here, a character with history, who is badly underutilized.

So Sonny is gone.  OK.  I'm going to miss Freddie Smith, but the character of Sonny Kiriakis took a bit of a hit with him leaving town and abandoning his child.  It sort of makes the point that without Will he doesn't really feel like Ari's father.   That's quite the reversal from all we'd heard up to now, and very OOC for Sonny Kiriakis to do.  

Outside of all the good performances based on the emotion of the moment - Will's death - this subplot storyline has had some major stumbles.

Here's a first, or almost a first.  I'm going to say something good about Rafe.  Usually, all I can compliment are his eyelashes.  Guy has seriously pretty eyelashes.  But I don't think he's been at all bad in this storyline, in his detective role.  The sullen, pouty Rafe hasn't been on display to any great extent - although he was on full display today with Daddy Long Legs, and I think that's his weakest look.  But otherwise, he's been decent.  

Some have said that since he's a  Higley favorite, we'll see him eating up the screen the same way Dr. Tan the Dan man did, and this will be just as bad. I  hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, I don't think Rafe on his worse day could even approach the horror that is and has been Dr. Dan.

But we'll see!

Otherwise, whatever else happened today has already faded from memory. 

I was annoyed that Sonny would abandon Ari for the third time..I am happy now, so that when Paulson does happen, hopefully Ari will not be a part of that. The longer Sonny stays away, it will be easier for her to forget him...I had to put up with Dr Tan interact  arrogantly with Jack's children. I don't want Paul near Arianna, if that means she will lose Sonny, so be it...Arianna has a large family. She will be fine without him..I expect Lucas to play an important role in Ari's life, while Sami is off chasing Dimera Zombie peen..Lucas will not let anybody hurt or disappoint Will's daughter...Since Sonny has no rights to her, he can go be with his precious Paul.. Leave Will's daughter out of it...

I am actually starting to warm up to Lucas and Adrienne. She wants to help Lucas in this horrible time. Lucas is so alone right now. Anybody that is good to Lucas is fine with me. I wanted it to be Sami, but she has truly disgusted with her preoccupation with her rapist..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Forgive me, but since I've only been watching here and there lately, I have no idea why (a) anyone thinks Will was killed in his own apartment -- did Crazy BOllie dump the body there or something? -- and (b) why Gabi and Sonny treat the place like a crime scene, but the Brady and Friends PD ( LeftPhalange) obviously are not, since there doesn't seem to be any police presence there, or restriction on entry, in spite of Gabi's asking Justin for permission. WTF is going on there?

• Love 1

Forgive me, but since I've only been watching here and there lately, I have no idea why (a) anyone thinks Will was killed in his own apartment -- did Crazy BOllie dump the body there or something? -- and (b) why Gabi and Sonny treat the place like a crime scene, but the Brady and Friends PD ( LeftPhalange) obviously are not, since there doesn't seem to be any police presence there, or restriction on entry, in spite of Gabi's asking Justin for permission. WTF is going on there?

Yes, he dumped Will's body at the apartment, but the police were able to deduce that he was not killed there....

• Love 3

The Brady and Friends PD are incompetent. That's the gist of it. Even the murder of a family memember doesn't motivate them to get it together.

• Love 4

Rafe gets brownie points and the writing too for pointing out yesterday that with all the fights Ben and Chad had, none of them were ever Chad going crazy and attacking Ben. It was always the reverse. It was always Ben who attacked and started punching people or attacking people physically first. 

With Abby's bedside confession I don't know where she is on this fence anymore, if she means all she says that he couldn't have done it and she still believes in him. Then she has to realize that means Ben is lying and his version of the truth is doctored. 

Loved seeing Lucas still upset and talking to Will, so realistic. 

• Love 4

Is Paulson really going to happen anyway? I don't believe the show will recast Sonny at this point (I don't have any spoilers on this, so I might very well be wrong) or invest in any relationship between Sonny and Paul. They're being sidelined, I think, and Sonny's relationship with Ari G. is never going to be mentioned again, I would say. That makes me as sad as anything else in this hatchet job.

And I'm sorry, but if any writers, new or old, expect me to believe that Sami really had "true love, the kind that lasts forever" with Elvis, I'm going to throw up on someone. Talk about rewriting history! (I think Sweeney is playing mostly aces in the scenes I've watched recently, with Sami's frozen-over emotional state and inability to let herself grieve for Will; Sami's attempts at kindness with Lucas -- where she told him (clearly for his sake) that they had done better by Will by the end -- were played just exactly right, I think. Not so much the scene in Chad's hospital room. Bryan Dattilo is playing destroyed Lucas to devastating effect.)

But this flat-out reinventing of the monstrously dysfunctional Sami-Elvis relationship? Fuck. That.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

And I'm sorry, but if any writers, new or old, expect me to believe that Sami really had "true love, the kind that lasts forever" with Elvis, I'm going to throw up on someone. Talk about rewriting history! (I think Sweeney is playing mostly aces in the scenes I've watched recently, with her frozen-over emotional state and inability to let herself grieve for Will; Sami's attempts at kindness with Lucas -- where she told him (clearly for his sake) that they had done better by Will by the end -- were played just exactly right, I think. Not so much the scene in Chad's hospital room. Bryan Dattilo is playing destroyed Lucas to devastating effect.)

But this flat-out reinventing of the monstrously dysfunctional Sami-Elvis relationship? Fuck. That.

I don't know why these people are trying to act like EJ and Sami had the Greatest Love Story Ever Told. Most of EJ's time in Salem was spent trying to ruin Sami and going to war with her. They actually spent very little time together as a happy couple. The writers seem to forget that Sami has a long established history that has nothing to do with EJ. EJ is *dead* and I'm STILL not free from this trash. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 7

Is Paulson really going to happen anyway? I don't believe the show will recast Sonny at this point (I don't have any spoilers on this, so I might very well be wrong) or investing in any relationship between Sonny and Paul. They're being sidelined, I think, and Sonny's relationship with Ari G. is never going to be mentioned again, I would say. That makes me as sad as anything else in this hatchet job.

And I'm sorry, but if any writers, new or old, expect me to believe that Sami really had "true love, the kind that lasts forever" with Elvis, I'm going to throw up on someone. Talk about rewriting history! (I think Sweeney is playing mostly aces in the scenes I've watched recently, with her frozen-over emotional state and inability to let herself grieve for Will; Sami's attempts at kindness with Lucas -- where she told him (clearly for his sake) that they had done better by Will by the end -- were played just exactly right, I think. Not so much the scene in Chad's hospital room. Bryan Dattilo is playing destroyed Lucas to devastating effect.)

The photo of the Wilson family being blown away by the wind was the show letting us  know that the Wilson family is forever done. Ari will move onto a more acceptable family, a straight family...That is why Gabi was released from prison to facilitate that plot point..The Horton family has yet to react to her release from prison...Julie should have caused a ruckus right now...Did the Horton family even know that Gabi was going to be release from prison?  How was she even release for first degree murder? I know it is Salem and I am thinking about this too hard...It just does not make any sense...

I liked Ejami in the beginning, until he raped her to save Lucas's life and it went downhill from there...I am a Lumi fan, but I did not mind Sami having a fling with EJ, if only to galvanize Lucas into fighting for her...Plus, I liked Sami  having a guy that was totally into her.  Sami leaving her three children behind to grieve their brother, in order to chase after EJ  is stupid and it diminishes her as a character...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Today was enjoyable in only that we got to see both Jenn and Abby have a super freakout over JJ's wanting to be a cop because he did such an awesome job with the Clyde undercover work--in fact, Roman looks like he's ten seconds from deputyizing him on the spot.  This show does realize that police officers not only have bachelor degrees when they join the force but they very often receive advanced degrees after that?

And who didn't enjoy Abby's calling JJ selfish for wanting to live his own life and make his own choices? I repeat, Abby called JJ selfish--words fail at the hypocrisy.

I must have forgotten but I thought Aidan was killing Hope for the insurance money?  Did I get that wrong?

• Love 4

I love the hints that EJ is alive. While the writers clearly screwed the characters over just about any chance they got, the actors had amazing chemistry together, something I fail to see with many of the other matches in Salem these days. What I'm confused on is this...did I miss a scene since Monday's episode when Marlena was outside the pub confronting Sami & Eric about the letter? 

As for today episode.... can they possible drag out this plot of Bo getting home any more? Almost two months of scenes where PR interacts with day-players instead of the major characters of the show is ridiculous.  And with Steve tied up and Bo drugged out it drags on even more. The pacing on this show is awful.

And who didn't enjoy Abby's calling JJ selfish for wanting to live his own life and make his own choices? I repeat, Abby called JJ selfish--words fail at the hypocrisy.

I truly felt bad for JJ being related to those harpy, naggy two. For writers who said they were going to tone down some of the characters, they sure haven't made any headway with Jen and Abby as evident from today's show.  They treated JJ like he was 14, not 19.  And their priorities are unreal. Jennifer support every bad decision Abby makes (to which there are many) but JJ wants to join the police force and it's a travesty that he's not finishing college first. Trollop and Mother Superior can leave my screen anytime. But since I'm sure they won't it will certainly be me tuning out soon. 

• Love 4

Ben's loosing it, Rafe's catching onto his crazy. Ben of all people who had half a dozen assault cases against him wants Chad to go down for assault too. LOL Then he's happily taking reward money from Paige's father and boasting about it? Ben's sick. 

They bring on Doug & Julie today for wedding plans but had them nowhere for Will's funeral? 

Loved seeing Shawn D, but again today for wedding plans and not for Will's funeral?

Where does Rafe's dad have 100K from to begin with? Rafe's father is wealthy? Yet all his kids were poor and he never provided for them. 

Abby was right to tell JJ he should finish his college education then go on and decide if this is what he wants. Get over the grief and helplessness he's feeling of Paige's death first, then become a cop. JJ being a hot head grieving and angry running around with a gun? Doesn't sound like the smartest idea. Especially too if he's running around blindly blaming Chad he's not right to be a cop yet. Abigail is right.

Dropping out, I don't think she or Jennifer would be all happy over. Jenn and Abigail are fine if he wants to be a cop after college, the anger is coming from dropping out.   Who calls a meeting for this to begin with? Roman and JJ should have had a private conversation. JJ and his family should have had their conversation at home. 

Abby sure became 7 months pregnant and showing out of nowhere. 

OTP Bo and Patch I love them, so much more than Bo and Hope. LOL 

I must have forgotten but I thought Aidan was killing Hope for the insurance money?

Because Andre wants him to red tie killer copy cat kill Hope as a plan to also free Chad and pay the Dimera's back with the insurance money. 

Edited by Artsda

Abifail actually had the audacity to call JJ selfish. Are you kidding me? At least he actually wants to do something positive with his life, unlike you, you lousy piece of crap. You can hardly ever be bothered to go to the job that your mommy gave you because you're too busy lying, cheating, and lusting after unavailable dick. Ugh this trollop is repulsive. Where is a stray bullet when you need one. And racoon Jen can STFU as well. She always offers her trashbox creature of a daughter unconditional support and defends her at every opportunity but doesn't do the same for JJ. What a worthless parent. 

I like how Shawn couldn't attend Will's funeral but is able to come back to town a couple of weeks before the wedding is supposed to happen. Same for Doug and Julie. 

Serial Killer is garbage and I can't wait for him to (hopefully) die.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 9

I'm realllllly liking Gabi and JJ.  Both CM and CB are good actors and damn are they pretty together.

It makes no sense that they dragged out Bo's story this way.  If PR was going to stick around I probably wouldn't mind so much but since we know he's not, it makes everyday that he wasn't in Salem or with Salemites like Steve a waste.  But then, these are the same people who decided that Daniel Cosgrove had to go.  Whatever.  At least Steve and Bo are back together.

Jason Cook is adorable.  He should be on contract.  There is plenty of room on the canvas for him.

Yes, a stray bullet in Abby's big melon head would be awesome.

• Love 7

Where does Rafe's dad have 100K from to begin with? Rafe's father is wealthy? Yet all his kids were poor and he never provided for them.

He said his private security business is doing well.

I imagine they're dragging out the Bo return so that he'll show up just in time to save Hope from Aiden.

I liked Jenn's flowery dress. And I really liked JJ's jacket.

Shawn D is all beardy, huh?

• Love 2

See, if Daddy Herandez is back in town to make his absence up to his kids, why not take that 100K and put it towards...oh...I don't know...setting up Arianna with a trust fund, and getting Gabby into a really good college. Cause I'm betting "I used to be a model before I killed someone" probably isn't helping her during interviews.

I'm glad plots are intertwining finally, but seriously man. What?!? And neither Eve nor Rafe are at all questioning how he has that much moolah??

IMO, that scene of him being deliberate with his writing in the hotel room was just a long-winded attempt at showing us he's tracking his family members. DAYS couldn't write an OCD plot to save their lives. They can't even do a funeral properly, right?

• Love 5

Faced with something like 28 episodes piled up on the DVR, I took a deep breath and sped through them this week. I am caught up to this week, and there were a few standouts, good and bad.

John Aniston is a treasure. Victor's reaction to hearing of Will's death was all in his eyes, and it was great. So appropriate that his first thought was for Sonny, and that he was the one to tell Sonny.

Sami and Kate at the funeral -- magnificent. Again, so appropriate that they broke down with each other.

If Adrienne didn't want Justin to comment or care about her breast cancer gene then maybe she should have KEPT HER BIG MOUTH SHUT. How's that for a plan? And if they truly are over then she really needs to get her ass out of Victor's house.

SERIOUSLY, I'm supposed to like or sympathize with a woman who is so desperate to hang on to the Kiriakis lifestyle that she freeloads off of her ex-father-in-law? I have no doubt that she dumped Lucas because she belatedly realized that he couldn't support her in the manner to which she had become accustomed. Cow. I really hate this character more than is healthy.

I don't understand why Clyde went out with a whimper -- the show sets him up as a Big Bad for a year then he fades away?

I never watched Santa Barbara, but I always got the impression that A Martinez was a great actor. I'm not seeing it. I'm seeing a lot of acting tics, but it's pretty painful.

I really hated watching her family berate Sami for not grieving in the "right" way. I thought AS played that very well.

• Love 9

I think losing Daniel Cosgrove is a mistake. I'm so upset they are going this route with him. What's going to happen to Teen Chase?

I'm over The Steve is obsessed with Bo story. Hopefully when Bo is back he moves on and remembers he has other family.

This Hope not believing in Bo is like a redo of The Jack/Jennifer/Dan story. Only this time people will actually see Bo's POV and feel for him. And Aiden is being trashed. A shame as he is 1000 x more likeable than Daniel and could be good in other stories.

I love A Marinez and I think Eduardo is interesting. Is he a good man? Is he Bad? In between?

Also liking JJ's career choice and probable Jabi pairing.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 1

I have to admit, I loved the twinkle in Bo's and Steve's eyes when they saw each other. I could just see their brains churning, scheming an escape plan!

Those few seconds were the best part of the whole show, probably the whole week. 

Shawn D is all beardy, huh?

They need to sell him as the father of a 17 year old since the last time we saw him, only a few years ago, his daughter wasn't even in kindergarten. The beard is probably their lame attempt.

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 3

I think losing Daniel Cosgrove is a mistake. I'm so upset they are going this route with him.

I'm a longtime Daniel Cosgrove fan (he was on both ATWT and GL, my longtime (RIP) soaps) and am also not pleased about the apparent course of his storyline. If they are intent on making Aidan a bad guy, the least they could do would be to make his scenes with Andre a little more interesting. 

Not opposed to both JJ being a cop -- and not just because him joining the force will drive his mother and sister nuts (and into screaming harpies.)

Most amused today by the scene at lunch with Hope, Aidan, Julie and Doug -- everyone was drinking wine except for Doug, who appeared to be enjoying an Old Fashioned, as indicated by the glass with an orange and cherry. It's kind of the perfect drink for a cranky old man. Which Doug is.

• Love 4

I'm a longtime Daniel Cosgrove fan (he was on both ATWT and GL, my longtime (RIP) soaps)

I really liked DC as Scott Chandler the last year or so of AMC and Scott's pairing with Madison (Stephanie Gatschet) was so good.  I feel bad that he's got branded with this soap killer rep that's not really his fault.

• Love 2

OTP Bo and Patch I love them, so much more than Bo and Hope. LOL 

I agree. Pair Hope with whoever the hell you want to show. I want PR on canvass to get best buds time with Steve. Hell, let John come out and play with them sometime and the band will be back together. Just like I love the Kayla and Hope friendship and the Kayla and Adrienne friendship, I love the Steve and Bo friendship; let us see that. Anyway, Bo and Hope were never the couple I saw together forever (that would be John/Marlena, Steve/Kayla and Jack/Jenn before the show ruined it and made me hate her). I like Bo and Hope, but am over Bo & Hope.

I have to admit, I loved the twinkle in Bo's and Steve's eyes when they saw each other. I could just see their brains churning, scheming an escape plan!

I agree, this was the highlight for me. It's like you could see their minds syncing to, "They done f'd up now" mode. I will definitely be rewatching.

• Love 5

I hope Ben's not done with crazy yet, because there's a few more stops he needs to make before he's done.  I'll send him neckties if he needs them.

As you've all pointed out, Smug Abigail is back and bigger than ever.  And who suffers most from that - besides us?  Jenn does.  I want to like Jenn again and there's been a couple of times in the past few months when I have.  Tentatively, but I have.  Her ruination started with Show trying to make her and the insufferable Dr. Dan a couple - that was terrible.  But worse - mainly because she won't go away - is her with Abigail.  Everything bad about Jenn becomes even larger around that stupid, ego-inflated, Kangaroo-headed, dung beetle of a daughter.  

Jenn goes off on JJ about being a cop - she's  his mom, I'm okay with that.  She doesn't want him in harms way, and she's right, she did see him act stupidly while he was undercover, and yeah, he should finish school.  JJ has not exactly made a lot of great decisions.  But for her to end up being the chorus to Abigail - ABIGAIL! - telling JJ he was an idiot was just insufferable.  

Abigail is a slug.  She barely works, and that's at a job she has strictly because of who her mother is.  JJ has her beat to hell in the morals department.  Yeah, his affair with Eve was bad, but he felt bad about it from the beginning.  Abigail presents herself as some moral guidepost, all the while sleeping with whoever she wants, married or committed or whatever, then lies about it without missing a beat, sneaks around the back of whoever she's with, and STILL thinks the world owes her a pat on the back.

A swift kick in the ass is more like it.  And, she ruins Jenn.  

I'm glad JJ told them both where to get off.  But of course, Abigail, when he shut her up, had to storm off because I guess telling her no is just too hard for her to bear.

Hope, quit calling him "Daddy".  You're in your 50's, he should be buried -alive, if necessary.  But the "Daddy" thing, sort of icky at her age IMO.

And Doug.....never liked him, always thought he was an empty-headed puffball, but this constant questioning of Aiden each time AFTER he told him what a great guy he was the last time is such bullshit.  Yeah, we know Aiden's shifty, at least in his actions, but Dougie doesn't.  He's just a pompous blowhard who should be set adrift with his ukele on the Bering Sea.

It's a sad day when Juie is the smart and sensitive one.  

I'm betting Eduardo knows all about Ben, or at least very strongly suspects.  His interactions with Ben were just a bit off.

I'm in the JJ/Gabi camp, too.  I don't know if Camilla Banus brushed up on her acting while she was gone but I think she's gotten better.  If they do get together, then Ari will have Jenn as a sort of grandmother, too.  That would be interesting if Sami were around.......

Bo and Steve, finally.  Now let's hope this means accelerating this storyline and getting Bo back to Salem fast.  

Oh, if I forgot to mention it, kill Abigail.  That's my new signoff tag.

• Love 10

Soap Opera Network's last post for ratings was October 9, for the week of Sept. 28 - Oct. 2.  Does anyone know of an alternate source?  I'm very curious if things have started to look up for Days.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

Soap Opera Network's last post for ratings was October 9, for the week of Sept. 28 - Oct. 2.  Does anyone know of an alternate source?  I'm very curious if things have started to look up for Days.

There's this from the Michael Fairman site - 

Days of our Lives Scores Most-Watched Week In 19 Months!

Courtesy/NBC

It was a sorrowful week on Days of our Lives, but a big week for the NBC daytime drama series about to celebrate its 50th anniversary in just a few weeks time!

The long-running series garnered its most watch week in 19 months for the ratings week of October 12-16th.  The episodes surrounded the murder of Will Horton (Guy Wilson), and his loved ones dealing with the fallout including: return appearances by fan favorites, Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Freddie Smith (Sonny).  The week featured dramatic and emotional performances from the DAYS cast in a storyline move that has been met with an onslaught of social media reactions on the decision to kill the legacy and LGBT character of Will.

According to NBC press release, DAYS scored very strong with a major increase of  2,647 million total viewers for the ratings period.  Additionally, the daytime drama matched its top-rated week among women 18-49 in nine months, and hit a 19-month high in total viewers.

For the week of Oct. 12-16, Days of our Lives (0.80 rating, 6 share among women 18-49, 0.46 rating among women 18-34) ranked #5 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and #6 in the women 18-34 race, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research.

Scoring  2,647 million total viewers makes the episodes the most-watched week for Days of our Lives since the week of March 3-7, 2014 (2,717 million viewers). Among women 18-49, DAYS earned its highest rating in five weeks (since the week of Sept. 7-11, 0.80) and equaled its high in nine months (since Jan. 12-16, 0.86).

• Love 2

Oct 15 - Days of our Lives’ Ratings Hit 16-Month High in Key Demo

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/10/days-of-our-lives-ratings-hit-16-month-high-in-key-demo/

Oct 22 -‘Days of our Lives’ Draws Most Viewers Since 2014

http://tvsourcemagazine.com/2015/10/days-of-our-lives-ratings-highest-since-2014/

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2