Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I was riveted by James Read during Ben's confession. His eyes spoke volumes as he tensed up, slowing hearing the truth about his son and becoming more alarmed by the second. If those were his last Days scenes, it was a tour de force. I hated the character, but I love the actor and will miss his work on the show. 

Loved Patch's "what's wrong with this face, baby?" Kayla's done for, lol, just like I would be if I were in her shoes. 

• Love 7

The minute Sami & Kate saw each other at Will's funeral I started crying  - I am glad that Abifail didn't speak & it's heinous that Ben was at that funeral.    I do think it was weird that Justin & Adrienne weren't there.  

Steve & Joey & Steve & Kayla were awesome - the kiss was wonderful - I think Steve's getting close to cracking her shell.    As for Steve's look - I love it - I truly can't see him in anything else - he is definitely not a suit & tie kind of guy.

Kind of loved Andre busting in at the Pub - it's so nice to have Thaao back  - he's so much fun.

So why exactly does Abifail need to be one of Hope's bridesmaids?   just so they can prop her up even more than they already do?  Blech.

Am going to miss James Read (although I won't miss Clyde) - his expressions while  Ken Doll was telling his story were great - I do think it's hilarious that Ken Doll thinks its perfectly fine that he's killing people to keep Chad away from his precious Abifail?    Really?   So 3 people had to die so you could keep that trollop?   I'm so ready for this storyline to be done.

• Love 5

I find it very distasteful that the bicentennial has become Hopefest..It  is all about Hope and her dream wedding. I think it would have been more poignant for Hope and Shaiden to have a private ceremony with their kids in attendance... Now we have to have Hopefest to satisfy her ego..I don't understand why these writers have to have the characters act out of character to facilitate  their inane plots...Is it too much to ask these writers, for a  well written, character- driven story.

If any character is going to be the center of the bicentennial story, I think it should be Hope; she's basically Salem royalty. Her story with Aiden's been going on for awhile, so it's not as if they've quickly cobbled together a story and threw it in last minute.  And if the wedding takes place and we get to see Bo burst through the church on a motorcycle, loads of viewers (including me) will love it. Cheesy? Yes, but that's why I watch the show. And it would be a great nod to what a lot of people consider the show's best time period and certainly one of the most memorable scenes.

I also don't mind Hope throwing herself a nice wedding. I wish it wasn't to someone who's contemplating killing her, but I see no problem celebrating a marriage. I actually hate weddings, and did the deed at the courthouse, but if Hope wants to pull out all the stops, why shouldn't she?

• Love 10

Wait... Do we know for a fact that Clyde isn't reappearing later? That was the only thing that I was really looking forward to with his character - payback! I wanted Sami, Kate, Stefano, JJ and and possibly Jordan to get to see him sentenced formally.

• Love 1

I assume we'll see Clyde at least once more, because he didn't get to tell Ben what he was going to tell him about Florida.

Exactly! Andre being free is nonsensical, he is a serial killer..There is no statute of limitations on murder..

Andre has a pardon from the governor (bought and paid for, no doubt). He just tossed off a line that if there's anything not covered by the pardon, the statute of limitations has expired on it. So presumably he got the pardon for the most serious crimes. Compared to so much other idiocy on the show, I can live with this one.

I wouldn't mind Hope having a big wedding either - she's one of the longterm characters and I would like to see a happy event for the anniversary after all this misery - but she's most likely going to get her heart broken on her wedding day and I hate that. Can't we have just one 100% happy event for the anniversary?

• Love 3

I assume we'll see Clyde at least once more, because he didn't get to tell Ben what he was going to tell him about Florida.

Andre has a pardon from the governor (bought and paid for, no doubt). He just tossed off a line that if there's anything not covered by the pardon, the statute of limitations has expired on it. So presumably he got the pardon for the most serious crimes. Compared to so much other idiocy on the show, I can live with this one.

I wouldn't mind Hope having a big wedding either - she's one of the longterm characters and I would like to see a happy event for the anniversary after all this misery - but she's most likely going to get her heart broken on her wedding day and I hate that. Can't we have just one 100% happy event for the anniversary?

I don't have a problem with Hope being happy on the show..I like her..I just hate that she is being written as an idiot to facilitate this Aiden plot...Why can't Hope have a viable love interest, outside  of Bo. Bo was allowed to have meaningful relationships with Carly and Billie...Hope always gets a psycho..I just hate  the double standard...I always wanted Hope to have had a whole other life with another man, when she was presumed dead..It would have added another layer of complication, when she returned from the dead.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Hope and Aidan should be a real loving couple (Hope doesn't need another psycho), or Hope should already be with Rafe, and Kayla and Aidan should have hooked up.  There is no reason for Aidan/DC to be thrown under the bus just because Bo/PR is returning for a few months.  Even if Bo/PR returned full time, there was no reason to ruin Aidan.

I'm fine with Andre being around causing chaos because TP is fun to watch, and Andre is seen as a dangerous psycho, but it annoys me that Andre, Stefano, and Victor can run around Salem ruining people's lives, committing all sorts of crimes, and face no consequences while regularly referring to women as sluts and whores, however, Kate, Sami, Nicole and Theresa are EVIL incarnate.  Whatever show.  {Rolls Eyes}

• Love 10

I'm liking the effort the show's putting into trying to make Aiden's thought process artistically interesting, but it still feels a little amateurish. Having Murderer Aiden take one moment to look back at Real Aiden would have been more compelling then them constantly exchanging looks the whole time. And did the director forget that they'd already shown Murderer Aiden walking up the stairs? In the next scene he's suddenly outside breaking in and then going up the stairs...is continuity within the same episode too much to ask for?

Also: this is the biggest bag of horse poo ever. Way to throw your best new leading man under the bus show!

And wouldn't Andre be able to guess that Aiden would kill off Hope by impersonating the strangler? It's not like that wouldn't assist him right? He further dooms Chad while at the same time getting the money to buy himself and his son their safety.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

When Daniel and Nicole were picking dates she mentioned her friends and family. What friends or family does she have? Isn't it all Daniel's friends and family? 

LOL at their dance routine in the middle of the pub. 

Interesting that Roman has no part at all in what's going on with Bo, meanwhile Steve and John are in on the plan to find him. Kayla's going to look like an idiot when Steve finds him and proves he was right all along about her brother. 

I liked Aiden looking ahead of the plan and seeing it in the future, hate what they've done to him through. What an awful thing to do the character the previous writers integrated into the cast. 

Chase became a teen really fast, they should have at least had the voice over "the character of Chase Jennings will now be played by...."

Andre, Stefano, and Victor can run around Salem ruining people's lives, committing all sorts of crimes, and face no consequences while regularly referring to women as sluts and whores, however, Kate, Sami, Nicole and Theresa are EVIL incarnate.

Sami, Theresa, Kate all run around town committing crimes and face no consequences either. Look at all Theresa's done, Zander is still in jail for an attempted rape she set up. Sami and Kate getting rid of Nick's not dead body and cover up. Sami stealing evidence from PCPD etc..

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

If Clyde was really smart, he'd be trading his knowledge of the serial killer for immunity.

I think Abby is a skank as much as anyone, but I don't think her actions have one thing to do with Ben's killing spree. Crazy just be crazy. Good riddance to pedophile Clyde (though I heart James Read) and his inbred son with the inexplicable Jersey accent.

• Love 5

If Clyde was really smart, he'd be trading his knowledge of the serial killer for immunity.

That is what I thought was going to happen when Clyde was looking at Ben after his confession. I totally thought he was going to yell for a guard and give Ben up to get his (Clyde's) freedom. I was prepared to laugh heartily at the look on Ben's face.

• Love 4

When Daniel and Nicole were picking dates she mentioned her friends and family. What friends or family does she have?

She has a sister who once was in a relationship with EJ.  She has a brother who was once in a relationship with Sami.  

Speaking of which, I guess her sister Taylor won't be coming back any time soon, since her portrayer, Tamara Braun, will be coming back to the show as Ava Vitali.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

And wouldn't Andre be able to guess that Aiden would kill off Hope by impersonating the strangler? It's not like that wouldn't assist him right? He further dooms Chad while at the same time getting the money to buy himself and his son their safety.

If Chad is still in a coma/in the hospital/in custody when another murder occurs, it would prove his innocence. 

As Aiden was bare-handed playing with the tie while imagining the murder, all I could think about was his DNA is now all over it, idiot.

• Love 2

She has a sister who once was in a relationship with EJ.  She has a brother who was once in a relationship with Sami.  

Speaking of which, I guess her sister Taylor won't be coming back any time soon, since her portrayer, Tamara Braun, will be coming back to the show as Ava Vitali.

Would love to see Taylor and Brandon back on the show.  Would be a really nice surprise.  Too bad they killed Faye off.  Now that Lexie is gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Faye and Abe back together. 

• Love 3

At least Nu!Chase has some color to his complexion.

Kayla was cute, dithering over Steve. "I blame Steve for this."  "Nothing new there."  LOL

For a woman with no electricity or telephone (and a lousy Spanish accent), that woman helping Bo sure had nice clothes and makeup.

What days does Nicole work?  If she owns her own company, doesn't she make her own work days and hours?

Are Aiden and Hope living together? Way to put your fingerprints all over that red necktie. And that was an odd ski mask. Why did they spend all of that time showing us how the murder was supposed to take place?  Will we have to see it all over again in three weeks?

• Love 2

I was only half watching and didn't catch that the figure in black slithering up the stairs at Bo and Hope's house was an imaginary Daniel.  For a second I thought he had hired someone to come strangle Hope while he watched.

NBC in New York interrupted Days 5 minutes in, so no show today. I just can't. So I know Aiden, New Chase, Taniel, Nicole, Caroline, Mumbles, Victor, Steve and Bo were on. Hell, they aren't even giving us the it will air at 1:30AM option anymore. It's change to some off brand capable affiliate now. Oh you work and tape the show to watch when you get home -- FU

If any character is going to be the center of the bicentennial story, I think it should be Hope; she's basically Salem royalty. Her story with Aiden's been going on for awhile, so it's not as if they've quickly cobbled together a story and threw it in last minute.  And if the wedding takes place and we get to see Bo burst through the church on a motorcycle, loads of viewers (including me) will love it. Cheesy? Yes, but that's why I watch the show. And it would be a great nod to what a lot of people consider the show's best time period and certainly one of the most memorable scenes.

I also don't mind Hope throwing herself a nice wedding. I wish it wasn't to someone who's contemplating killing her, but I see no problem celebrating a marriage. I actually hate weddings, and did the deed at the courthouse, but if Hope wants to pull out all the stops, why shouldn't she?

Oh my God! Last week I was talking with an old friend/longtime fan who's also watching since the 80's and I said to her I was getting frustrated with the whole return of Bo and that it was dragging on too long. I had said the only thing at this point that would make up for this would be for Bo to ride his motorcycle heading to Hope and Aiden's wedding with Holding Out For a Hero playing, then busting through the door and telling Hope "I'm here for the woman I love, MY WOMAN". I know some people would hate a total replay of that but man, I would burst in to tears.  That for me was the true glory days of DOOL.

• Love 8

WTF is this low rent, awkward DWTS moment with Tan and Nicole?I

If that is what the writers think viewers want from this show, I can't even.  Gross.

My second hand embarrassment was off the charts watching it.

• Love 4

Is young Chase the young lad on Rob Lowe's new show, Grinder? If it is, he's much better than his stilted acting on Days. I hope young Ciara finds success, she's great.

Yes he is! Just caught that last night myself. Working with Fred Savage and Rob Lowe must up your game : )

• Love 2

My second hand embarrassment was off the charts watching it.

And yet, Nicole's performance acting-wise was perfect. Did you see her choke up at the end? It was as if Nicole was finally having a happy moment and a little bit of hope for her future after years and years of crap. I couldn't help but choke up a little too. Great actress. Terrible dance choreography.

• Love 6

Okay, that dance is the first time in my life I've ever watched something through my fingers.

I cringed.

But, yes, I still felt for Nicole, even through all the secondhand embarrassment I was experiencing.

• Love 2

Aren't Daniel & Nicole a little long in the tooth for Dirty Dancing? So random. I thought the Aiden mirror murder was well done. I still can't believe that Days has let Cosgrove go. Such a mistake. It's even a bigger mistake when I'm hearing Reckell is only back short term. Do they plan on going ahead with Hope & Rafe? I think they are better as friends. NuChase wasn't awful but is really unnecessary. This has got to be the SORAS'ing in daytime history. Has any other soap aged so many tykes such as Joey, Claire, Chase, Theo & Ciera, all at once? They should have left Ciera to age in normal times like they did with Robin on General Hospital. Lauren Boles was with the show a really long time and could actually act.

• Love 9

Aren't Daniel & Nicole a little long in the tooth for Dirty Dancing? 

With Daniel it should have been the Monster Mash.  He's far more of a graveyard smash IMO.  Good Lord, the SMELL alone!  That particular batch of Maggie's eggs must have been a bit off.

It looks like Show is moving up the pace on the Steve/Bo storyline and that's a good thing.  It's hard for me to watch this Aiden storyline, after all the trouble Show went to get us to invest in it.  I don't like it - my understatement of the week.

Andre was amusing and chilling as hell when he was talking to Aiden.  What an (enjoyable) psycho nutjob he is!  Now, when he was talking to Jawn, it was Jawn I felt sorry for.

• Love 6

Nu-Chase was a little jarring - I knew it was coming but still threw me when he showed up.

The Dr. Tan/Nicole dance was weird - especially in the middle of the pub?    I do love Nicole & hate she is paired with Dr. Tan.

Glad they are moving up the Steve/Bo story - I'm really ready for Bo to have scenes with Steve (I also enjoyed seeing those two together)

Hope & Kayla's talk about Steve was awesome - Hope's amusement at Kayla's denial & her reaction to the kiss was priceless

I really hate what they are doing to Aiden - he's one of the few new characters that I've actually enjoyed.

• Love 5

It still amuses me how Patch can Bewitch himself to Mexico so quickly. I loved seeing more of Bo than him just wincing in pain -- I had a huge smile on my face during his scenes. I also couldn't help thinking that in this day and age, Patch's attacker would have just shot him and asked questions later. 

Kayla is delightfully befuddled by Patch, and it's SO good to see Mary Beth play that kind of scene again. 

Dan and Nicole -- that just seemed out of place, even aside from the "who dances like that in the Brady Pub" weirdness. I guess they thought they needed to lighten up the show after all the murder? I loved Nicole's dress, though. 

Oh Aiden, why did the show do this to you? Though I thought the way they showed his murder rehearsal was kind of unique, in reality Hope would have put up a MUCH bigger fight for her life. I'll miss him when he's gone, too. 

Hope Chad wakes up soon and can fight back -- I'd like to see he and Patch together in some caper or other down the line. 

• Love 7

The Aiden stuff depresses the hell out of me. This was not necessary, Show. Not necessary at all. God, I hate the CONCEPT of 'man from popular pairing can move on and have other popular pairings; woman so totally can not! They must all be secretly or obviously evil! How very dare she even consider finding new love!'

That chaps my ass hard.

So, I am learning Spanish and laughed a little too hard at the trouble Bo and Beautiful Rescuer were having trying to communicate 'map' to each other. He's all "MAP!!" and she looks totally confused and then goes 'Mappa!' Here's some other words you can use, Bo! "Medico!" "Agua!" "Telefono." I suppose "Puedes ayudarme" is a bit much to expect. I expect better from a merchant marine/international spy type guy.

Also... STEVE. Oh... the suspension of disbelief was stretched to it's breaking limits when he comes in to a room, by all appearances a super tiny one at that, and then turns one way and stays that way for about 30 seconds so someone can materialize out of thin air and knock him out.

Age does not belie wisdom, apparently. Still, I'd rather watch this stuff than watch Aiden imagine himself killing Hope or anything else to do with the necktie killer.

Although I will admit that I can watch Andre monologue for a good long time. He really should have a fluffy cat to stroke while he does so, though.

• Love 7

I'm assuming Dan and Nicole's dance was choreographed to a different song, and suddenly DAYS got a hold of a real song and decided to play that instead?

And I don't know what I missed, but how did it suddenly go from Andre wanting Aiden to steal the evidence against Chad to him wanting Hope murdered?

I have to admit that Justin & Adrienne have never been a fav couple of mine by a long shot (as in could never care less about them), but if they are going to be on screen once again, must they make Justin so bossy and on a power hungry vendetta while Adrienne is so bitchy. The woman projected major PMS today.  If they are going to change Justin's personality can they take him back to the fun loving playboy he was when he first appeared on screen in the '80's. 

• Love 5

I can't deal with Adrienne either. I adore Judi Evans from the Another World days, but I just can't with this character anymore. I don't know where the story with her marriage is going, I don't know why she missed her son-in-law's funeral, and this breast cancer gene thing does nothing to make her more sympathetic. Cut ties with Justin or shut the hell up! Be mature! Gahhh!

I just feel like every scene with her is a total and utter waste, and that's a testament to the writing.

Why Sonny - a character with unresolved plot lines and a child to look after - is moving off canvas and we're stuck with boring folks like Adrienne is beyond me.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

I'm confused too where they are going with this Justin/Adrienne scene. They way they act with each other only seems to reinforce that they should be divorced, and if the breast cancer gene angle is meant to garner sympathy for Adrienne, I don't get it. At this point she has all the facts--she has the gene but her medical records at this point are clear so her decision is either to continue with perhaps more frequent screenings or consider preventative surgery. And if Justin is offering up a top notch specialist for a medical opinion, freaking take it. She's only coming off ungrateful and self-involved. 

• Love 4

If this is where they were going to go with Justin and Adrienne, they should have kept KDP and just gone with Justin/Eve, I really can't with the idea that Justin and Adrienne decided to try again for their kids. Who are adults.

I'm not seeing a couple in love... I'm not even seeing a couple trying to recapture their love... it's a couple who knows it's over but neither one seems to want to say it.

• Love 9

But why did we have to watch an entire freaking year of it becoming over? God. This has dragged on for long enough. Send her off with Sonny or give her a job to occupy her or something. But no more scenes of her and Justin please - they are worse than teenagers!!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Justin and Adrienne are sickening and I'm ready for them to go. Justin can maybe stay if they give him an attitude adjustment but I don't have any use for Adrienne and I haven't for quite some time. I definitely don't want to see her and Lucas get back together. He's been through enough.

• Love 4

New Chase is painful to watch.

Along the lines of "painful to watch" is the guy playing Eduardo.  He is such an....unattractive man!  And that little white beard...he looks like a billy goat.  I know many years ago he was a heartthrob...but time has not been kind to him.  Too  many hard, angular lines.  And mean eyes.

Sorry. I know that will baffle many.  But ....yuck.

• Love 3

I like Adrienne with Lucas.  Rooting for them.

Ooh la la, Sonny left the door open a little for Sparkles!  Not that I expect them to recast and not that any actor they cast as Sonny could possibly be as pretty as FS, but a girl can dream.

• Love 5

Lovely "daylight" lighting at the beginning when Lucas was at Will's grave.

When did Adrienne become the accountant for TBD?

Eduardo's detailed notes about Gabi and Rafe's comings and goings is creepy as hell.

What the hell is Lucas talking about, not stepping up for Will?  He went to prison for him!!!  And they're sure rewriting Will's history by talking about what a great man he was.

• Love 7

And they're sure rewriting Will's history by talking about what a great man he was.

Lucas swearing to be more like Will...does that mean he's going to attempt to become a terrible fictional journalist?

• Love 11

Man, I hope someone get murdered and soon, while Chad is in a coma so we can move this thing along and have them realize he's not the killer.  I'm bored with all that already.

What was up with the OCD behavior by whatshisname (Paige's father - sorry, I'm awful with names)?  Was that supposed to indicate something about him as it relates to the past or something?  I didn't quite get the significance of showing us that - I find him uber creepy and hope he's not long on the scene.  

I wonder what Sonny would be doing right now if Gaby had not been mysteriously released from prison after committing murder and was there to take care of the baby?  I guess this is why she got cut loose so Sonny could leave - 

• Love 5