Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Holy crap but the new writers have made me kind of like Abby and Rafe--dear GOD but what is the world coming to??!!  :)

Yes, Abby was being self-absorbed during her conversation with Chad where she kept pointing out all of the ways he was sacrificing to protect her but she also had that great moment of "So you lied, don't we all" that kind of made me pause.  Are the writers actually giving Abs some self-awareness?  And I liked how she had absolute faith that Chad didn't hurt Serena--yes he was drunk and acting stupid, but he's not violent.  Nice :)

I also liked Rafe's refusal to be pushed around by Justin or even Roman--good for him for wanting to see justice done and not just a DiMera shaped scapegoating.

And now we know that Aiden is doing the bidding of Stefano who wants Hope and Aiden married for some nefarious purpose--alrighty then.

I did like that Paige and JJ got to have that conversation where Paige admitted that she didn't hate JJ--that was actually kind of sweet.  I just hope we get to see some good drama with Eve and Theresa over Paige's demise.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Seeing Paige dead in the fake shower convinced me that the killer cannot be Eric.  Just cause.

So Aiden is being blackmailed by Stefano to get Bo out of Hope's life forever.  That seems strange.  What am I missing?  Couldn't Stefano just kill Bo and accomplish the same thing?

• Love 5

So Aiden is being blackmailed by Stefano to get Bo out of Hope's life forever.  That seems strange.

I have no idea, but it reminds me of his "eeeeeeevil" plan back in the day with Billie/Bo/Hope. That also made little sense as a revenge scheme. First he took Hope, so Bo went on to fall in love with Carly and then Billie. Then Stefano brought Hope back but made us think she was FakeHope because there were scenes of Celeste sneaking in to plant memories in Hope's brain so that Bo would possibly leave Billie for FakeHope. Then FakeHope turned out to be Hope anyway, but Bo still picked Billie. But I'm not really seeing in any of that where Stefano's "revenge" on Bo was supposed to be, because no matter which way Bo went, he would be with a woman he loved. It caused a lot of drama, sure, but it wasn't destroying Bo's life or anything.

• Love 5

I just wanted to say yay! I cannot believe the improvement in the show. I was thisclose to giving up (after watching this dreck for 40 years, that is saying something!).

I am liking everything and everybody (even Maggie!) better, with the exception of jerky DA Justin, but I can live with that. Marlena and John are going to be fast forward material no matter what, but just about everything else is at least mildly compelling.

I am just hoping that they don't throw Bo and Hope back together just because: super couple. I hate that they are recycling the Jack-Jen backstory (you abandoned me, oops you were kidnapped).

• Love 7

There were a dozen people at Serena's funeral?  She knew that many people who didn't hate her?  Maybe they were there to make sure she was really dead. And they buried her in Salem?  Did she not have a home town?

No, JJ, you were not "hired" to do this job.  You aren't getting paid.

Why is Victor so willing to believe that Patch is wrong about Bo?

I liked Angry!Paige so much better than Schmoopy!Paige, so maybe it's for the best that she's dead.  Besides, it will give KdP a chance to shine. But, JJ just stands there and stares at her body?

How many things did Ben have to push on his phone to see where Abigail is?  Isn't it set to track her phone?  Wouldn't just clicking on the app icon be enough?

If Roman wants Chad arrested, why doesn't he put on his Chief of Police pants and order Rafe to make an arrest?

Aw, Ciara.  I wonder how many more episodes Lauren Boles will be on.

Oh, Chad.  Chad, Chad, Chad.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 5

OK, I knew going on that Paige was going to die today; but, wow, that was rather anti-climactic. CM needs to up his reaction game, because him just standing there like he found a cockroach in the shower (actually, I'd be even more visibly upset about that than he was about seeing Paige there) wasn't great. I am sad that they killed Paige rather than having her "choose herself" and go off to Stanford. I'm also kind of sad that they had her softening towards JJ and not towards her mother. But, I am looking forward to KDP playing Eve's heartache!

• Love 9

There were a dozen people at Serena's funeral?  She knew that many people who didn't hate her?  Maybe they were there to make sure she was really dead. And they buried her in Salem?  Did she not have a home town?

No, JJ, you were not "hired" to do this job.  You aren't getting paid.

I liked Angry!Paige so much better than Schmoopy!Paige, so maybe it's for the best that she's dead.  Besides, it will give KdP a chance to shine. But, JJ just stands there at stares at her body?

How many things did Ben have to push on his phone to see where Abigail is?  Isn't it set to track her phone?  Wouldn't just clicking on the app icon be enough?

If Roman wants Chad arrested, why doesn't he put on his Chief of Police pants and order Rafe to make an arrest?

Aw, Ciara.  I wonder how many more episodes Lauren Boles will be on.

Oh, Chad.  Chad, Chad, Chad.

Victor knows Patch would stand a chance to hump Kayla again if he finds Bo.  Comes down to motive.  imo

So are we thinking Clyde killed Paige to keep JJ in line or that the serial killer did it? Unless the serial killer is just randomly killing people I don't know what motive they would have to kill her. This would more than likely completely ruin Eve, but having Clyde (or someone connected to him) kill Paige would be more dramatic since Eve would be responsible for setting the whole thing in motion. 

• Love 3
Too bad Abifail wasn't killed instead of Paige.

Word.

So Aiden is being blackmailed by Stefano to get Bo out of Hope's life forever.  That seems strange.

I think it's rather cool that they've at least linked Stefano to Hope again, since they do have history yet all we've been seeing is Stefano opposite EJ/Chad/Kate/Kristin/Marlena.

I get the feeling within the next year Stefano will be off the show so Joe can (rightfully) retire, so as redundant as it may be for Bo's fate to be his doing, at least he'll get to act opposite different players. Has Stefano had ANY scenes with Hope in the last five years? I'm doubtful.

I am sad that they killed Paige rather than having her "choose herself" and go off to Stanford.

Yup. But then I'm sad Serena is dead too - what can I say? I missed 99% of all the elephant/diamonds drama. I think she had good chemistry with Eric and would have been a nice supporting player on the show for a few years...if they'd written her well.

Guess what disneyboy, nobody's going to take the bait.  Say what you will and everyone will listen.  Don't question anyone who's said their peace.

...so I've read this five times and I still don't understand where you're coming from...but I am picking up on hostility. I was just wondering why there seems to be little interest in John and Marlena's arc. So....yeah. Have I upset you or something? I wasn't attempting to "bait" anyone.... *scratches head*

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

So are we thinking Clyde killed Paige to keep JJ in line or that the serial killer did it? Unless the serial killer is just randomly killing people I don't know what motive they would have to kill her. This would more than likely completely ruin Eve, but having Clyde (or someone connected to him) kill Paige would be more dramatic since Eve would be responsible for setting the whole thing in motion. 

Maybe Kyle is not dead and he is the serial killer.  Which would still be Eve's indirect fault.

Yes, JJ just told us he would die if something happened to Paige, so his reaction was underwhelming to say the least.

• Love 2

We know Chad didn't kill Serena. That's a separate issue.  But doesn't Chad order hits on people by working for Stephano's organization? Or does Chad just deal with the clean side of Stephano's companies?

BF's acting is perfectly fine, but sometimes the dialogue where he contemplates whether he's truly capable of killing someone directly  baffles me a bit. I mean, you work for Stephano. Aren't you indirectly helping to kill people....maybe the show hopes I'll forget?

I guess Ben did seem a little weird when he put on the accent....just dump, Abigail, Ben. If you're this worried about what she's doing, clearly she's not worth marrying.

I thought Ciara was getting re-cast, so i was kind of surprised to see she's still a little girl with very impressive enunciation. Is she going to turn up as a 16 year old in a month or so?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I'm assuming Chad always involved himself in the "clean" side of D Enterprises, though I'm not really sure which parts of the company are "clean".  And yes - how hypocritical can you get? Wasn't Chad (back when Kristin first returned to town in like 2013, was it?) working at a coffee shop and refusing to be part of the Family business because of his morals? How did he transition to the rich life?

I thought Ciara was getting re-cast, so i was kind of surprised to see she's still a little girl with very impressive enunciation. Is she going to turn up as a 16 year old in a month or so?

Something like that. Brace yourself! I just hope Ciara 2.0 pops up after this Bo/Aiden/Hope story is wrapped up, because otherwise it'll be really bizarre in terms of chronology...like Hope and Aiden were engaged for 6 full years or something!

John and Marlena just aren't on my radar at all. I usually fast forward them, especially last week when things got romantic. Ick. It's like watching my parents or something, and I'm not far from their age in real life. I like knowing they're in a good place when they are, but I don't miss them when they're not around.

I'm pretty much the same. I never used to mind Marlena, but Deidre's acting got really annoying and tic-y these last few years and now I think she and John just deserve each other. The writing has undermined them, but the actors haven't brought much to the table either. It's like they never had a real discussion with the producers about what kind of a couple they were going to be long-term. A shame. At least with Bo and Steve, fans didn't see them stick around on-screen getting lame. They can now come back and be in a clear new direction...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

I'm pretty much the same. I never used to mind Marlena, but Deidre's acting got really annoying and tic-y these last few years and now I think she and John just deserve each other. The writing has undermined them, but the actors haven't brought much to the table either. It's like they never had a real discussion with the producers about what kind of a couple they were going to be long-term. A shame. At least with Bo and Steve, fans didn't see them stick around on-screen getting lame. They can now come back and be in a clear new direction...

This is me as well. I didn't mind John or Marlena back in the day, but there's something to be said for allowing the characters a bit of a break. There are only so many storylines you can create for them and still keep things interesting. The lack of material to work with coupled with really terrible writing has contributed to the "meh" (and sometimes "WTF?) I feel about their acting and scenes in general. How Deidre and Drake aren't completely bored after so many years of the same, rehashed material is a mystery to me, but kudos to them. I'm sure their fans are happy just to have them on their screens. For me, however, the DVR fast forward button gets much use, unfortunately.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 3

Do they try to rewrite to play up the new actor's strength and know what their limitations are. ... They don't have to change the character's personality full circle just because they recast. 

I think this is pretty much standard operating procedure, actually. When a part is recast, there are always shifts in tone or emphasis or shifts in behaviour, because the new performer isn't just trying to copy someone else's portrayal. And sometimes the limitations of the recast dictate changes to some degree. If the audience is lucky, the strengths of the new actor bring something interesting to the screen. It's a matter of degree, though. If the shift is too radical, we end up looking at a completely different character. Some shows do better with recasts that are subtle or at least partly in line with the character's past. But sometimes the writers don't bother too much about continuity or character-driven stories, which compounds the problem. It seems to me Days Of Our Lives falls into that difficulty a lot. And sometimes, as I've said, the recast is taken as an excuse to completely change the direction of a storyline or of a character. I think that's cheating, but there it is.

A similar thing can happen with a change in writers, especially where the headwriter changes, and the new writer or writers may have a different "vision" of the characters. (Sometimes I wonder if "a new vision" is code for "I'm throwing out the show bible," or "I can't be bothered to learn the history of the characters onscreen.")

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

I wondered this too.  Why is Steve so much more insightful than everyone else in town right now? Does living in Salem so long reduce your functioning brain cells? Is that why John always looks like he's smelling an imagery fart?

• Love 4

I am just hoping that they don't throw Bo and Hope back together just because: super couple. I hate that they are recycling the Jack-Jen backstory (you abandoned me, oops you were kidnapped).

I'm with you! Imagine how much more interesting would it have been if they hadn't crapped on Aiden, and kept him the good guy he started out as - Hope would be torn between a great new love and a man she's shared most of her life with. It would be an actual triangle, not just A, B, and Interloper. *sigh* Any word yet on how long Peter Reckell is around this time?

• Love 8

Seeing Paige dead in the fake shower convinced me that the killer cannot be Eric.  Just cause.

Too bad Abifail wasn't killed instead of Paige. 

I've been on a Days-free diet for nearly a year now but news that Paige was getting her holy self murdered had me hitting the DVR. Amazing how her "dead" expression was so like her "I love you, JJ" expression and her "Mom, how could you?" expression. Emmy voters, take note.

Now if Abigail is going to be a serial killer victim I will take the day off from work. On second thought, Abby would probably have sex with the killer first (seeing how she's in a shower and all) and then the whole town would have to talk about how "amazing" the Abster is ... and then Jen's holy tears would raise Abby from the dead. Nope. 

• Love 7

Today, I was a little surprised by Abigail's lack of judgement about Chad. But as the episode went on I realized why: she said he had great character because he was willing to stand up to his dad for her.  If you make it about her, you're in her good books!

• Love 6

Hmmm - could Abby BE the murderer? I know we can't give her that much credit, but maybe, JUST MAYBE she was annoyed with Serena for getting to bed two other guys and offed her, and annoyed that Paige got her studly brother and offed her too?

Abby the serial killer wouldn't be much of a leap, though, acting-wise. That girl's eyes are always dead to me.

I'm with you! Imagine how much more interesting would it have been if they hadn't crapped on Aiden, and kept him the good guy he started out as - Hope would be torn between a great new love and a man she's shared most of her life with. It would be an actual triangle, not just A, B, and Interloper. *sigh* Any word yet on how long Peter Reckell is around this time?

Yeah. I can imagine how interesting it would have been for Bo to come back, expecting a big warm embrace from Hope and then realize she's moved on. And Hope would be teary slightly at their history, and Aiden would wonder if she would ditch him, and then Bo would admit she's in a good place and that he made a decision as an adult and has to live with it, and that he just wants Hope to be happy. And that would pretty much mirror the reality - that Peter wanted out of the show and is happy for his co-star that she's still doing what she wants too. It wouldn't have to be overly sappy or sad either...just two adults going "we had a good run, things are different now".

Oh! And that would have allowed Bo to take Ciara off-camera to go live with him for a bit only to have her return for the Aiden/Hope wedding as a sixteen year old (thereby allowing for us to pretend she lived with Daddy for years and aged up). And Bo losing Hope would further impact Steve's storyline (and John's?) and have Steve quit the ISA to stay with Kayla and make up for the lost time and repair their relationship.

It bugs me that the show runners think fans couldn't handle that. Aren't the fans mostly grown adult women??? They GET that some relationships don't last forever. Why do producers think the only way to avoid tainting a super couple is to have one of the characters die off? In reality, it's much more noble to make an informed decision and separate/divorce than run off with the ISA or something.

Now if Abigail is going to be a serial killer victim I will take the day off from work. On second thought, Abby would probably have sex with the killer first (seeing how she's in a shower and all) and then the whole town would have to talk about how "amazing" the Abster is ... and then Jen's holy tears would raise Abby from the dead. Nope.

Don't forget - Jennifer once died and appeared as an angel in church to talk to Peter. So Abby would probably pop up as well with a halo and drive us all batty.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7

I'm really going to miss Lauren Boles.  Glad we got to see her again before the SORASing, and in Hope's home, no less. 

KA was great today.  Hope loves Aiden but is so not over Bo.  I'm looking forward to Steve saving Bo, but still don't understand why Aiden had to be thrown under the bus.  A triangle with Hope, Aiden, and Bo would have been good.  But then I'll probably always be bitter at the ruination of Aiden.  Daniel Cosgrove deserves better.

Knew it was coming, but I'm also disappointed that Paige was 1) killed off and 2) killed off instead of Abigail.  I have no idea why Ben wants to marry someone who lies to him every chance she gets.  Not that I have any interest in Ben or anything; it just makes his character look extremely desperate and stupid.  And I still can't understand half the shit that RSW says.

Why was Justin so yelly today.  Geez, tone it down WK.  You're better than this.

Also, isn't it amazing how quickly one of the previous regime's favorites has been relegated to the background?  I haven't missed Dr. Tan at all, but I do miss boes' posts on SC's cadence and elocution!

Maybe Kyle is not dead and he is the serial killer. 

I'm wondering the same thing.  Still can't figure out why the necktie is the weapon of choice, though.  The explanation for that better be good.

• Love 5

And the week begins with a homerun in my not-so-humble opinion!  It probably helps that I don't read spoilers, but although I knew Paige was on the way out, I did NOT expect it today, until the very end, and while JJ was looking at her body with a blank expression, I was really surprised.  Especially since earlier in the episode I was lamenting how badly Show had messed up the JJ/Paige storyline, how they'd messed up the early potential of Paige.  And there she was, dead as doornail in her -never-before-seen dorm room shower.  Wow!

Now Justin can just back to the Kiriakis Mansion, go up to his ensuite bathroom, stick his head in the toilet and hit FLUSH.   Why he's got such a hardon for Chad (well, I do understand THAT part) is beyond me.  As far as I know, he's unaware of how Chad cheated Sonny long ago with the failed new club, so what gives?  His shouting, his bullying, makes the unthinkable possible - makes me stick up for Rafe, makes me appreciate Rafe.  And that's just unnatural, folks.  

Holy crap but the new writers have made me kind of like Abby and Rafe--dear GOD but what is the world coming to??!!  :)

Yes, Abby was being self-absorbed during her conversation with Chad where she kept pointing out all of the ways he was sacrificing to protect her but she also had that great moment of "So you lied, don't we all" that kind of made me pause.  Are the writers actually giving Abs some self-awareness?  And I liked how she had absolute faith that Chad didn't hurt Serena--yes he was drunk and acting stupid, but he's not violent.  Nice :)

I also liked Rafe's refusal to be pushed around by Justin or even Roman--good for him for wanting to see justice done and not just a DiMera shaped scapegoating.

I did like that Paige and JJ got to have that conversation where Paige admitted that she didn't hate JJ--that was actually kind of sweet.  I just hope we get to see some good drama with Eve and Theresa over Paige's demise.

We've got Rafe - RAFE! - being the voice of reason.  Snarky, sullen, bully boy Rafe, telling Justin where to get off, and gently leading dear, dumb, thick as a brick Roman into the Land of Logical Thinking.  Oh, folks, stuff like this makes me nervous!  A Rafe I could like might just throw off the earth's rotation.

And then we've got the least obnoxious Abigail scenes in recorded history today.  Yeah, she managed to make her belief in Chad's innocene spring from what he did FOR HER.  And we did have to hear that Box of hair Ben tell her she's just the SWEETEST person since mankind started evolving, but somebody is toning the actress down.  Somebody is actively directing her into toning down the shrill, keeping the inappropriate smirks and head tosses to a minimum.  

I did not hate her with the usual intensity today.

Now, this is only ONE day with these two, so I don't see a pattern yet.  But I could live with a less annoying Rafe, and ditto with Abigail.  Although an Abigail out of sight is still my preference.

Steve and Victor continue their Indy 500 of good acting, all the way to the finish line in each scene.  Victor's "Did you leave your tin foil cap at home" comment to Steve, and his barely contained annoyance was a rewatch scene for me.   It's such a pleasure to watch seasoned performers at work.  

And then we had Ben's Mary Poppins impression. - "EXXXcoooose me, MAAAAADAM, buut is Chhad DYmaara theah?"  Hell, Ben, you'd do better to fly away with your magic umbrella, and don't forget that spoonful of sugar.  The guy has the wierdest body, could use a little fat.  

Best Veteran Return of the Day!  No, not seeing Bo, we've been looking at his back for several days, and a fine back it is.   Nope, best return of all was HOPE'S LIVING ROOM!  And staircase!  and hallway to the kitchen!  Show is spending a few more bucks and it's worth it.

I'm looking forward, again, to tomorrow's show.  It's been a long time since I've said that so many days in a row.

Their perspective is just that - their perspective.  Having Kim, Shane, and Andrew on to somehow refute Theresa's feelings would only further prove her point.  Her feeling steamrolled doesn't mean Kim and Shane were bad or neglectful parents (which is something she never claimed anyway); maybe they think whatever they did made them good parents? 

I so agree with this.  Of course Kim and Shane thought they were being good parents, no way they'd ever have tried to be anything less.  But that doesn't always  mean a parent is right in their approach, and it certainly doesn't mean that the child feels it the way the parent hopes.  And sometimes parents just say or do, or dismiss, or belittle and that doesn't go away.  My dad apologized to me before he died for several things he did and didn't do, and although I'd made my peace with it all years before, and we were close, I can't tell you how much that meant. 

And while I objectively realized years before that he and my mother did what they thought was best - although it so clearly wasn't - and repaired the damage on my own, him saying that meant a whole lot.

So I'm in Theresa's corner.  People can love you, and mean it, and it still doesn't mean their love gets through or feels good when it does.

• Love 11

Some time in October I believe. Pity. I like this actress. Not impressed w/the screen test I saw of the new one. 

Why was Justin so yelly today.  Geez, tone it down WK.  You're better than this.

Also, isn't it amazing how quickly one of the previous regime's favorites has been relegated to the background?  I haven't missed Dr. Tan at all, but I do miss boes' posts on SC's cadence and elocution!I

Did anyone else think that maybe Justin had borrow Dr. Tan's tanner today? He just looked a little tinted to me and it wasn't my screen since Rafe and Roman's skin tone looked normal. Good grief I hope we aren't going to get DA Tan to replace the backburnered Dr. Tan. 

Best Veteran Return of the Day!  No, not seeing Bo, we've been looking at his back for several days, and a fine back it is.   Nope, best return of all was HOPE'S LIVING ROOM!  And staircase!  and hallway to the kitchen!  Show is spending a few more bucks and it's worth it.

Hope's house looked like it got a whole Pottery Barn make-over!  I liked it though. They can come redecorate for me next ;-)

If they are bringing back old sets to go along with the anniversary, I wish they'd dig out Steve (and Bo's before that) dungeon one room hole near Shenanigans just for old time's sake. Where is Steve staying nowadays anyways?

• Love 5

1) There were a dozen people at Serena's funeral?  She knew that many people who didn't hate her?  Maybe they were there to make sure she was really dead. And they buried her in Salem?  Did she not have a home town?

2) Why is Victor so willing to believe that Patch is wrong about Bo?

3) I liked Angry!Paige so much better than Schmoopy!Paige,

1) I had the same thought. With the exception of Eric and the minister presiding over the service, who else would be there? I thought about the people who care for Eric and came up with the following: unless Theresa saw an opportunity to get close to Brady, she wouldn't show up. So unless we hear tomorrow that Brady was there, that's two people to be ruled out. We know Hope and Roman weren't there. Will's been temporarily backburnered, so I doubt he was there. We barely see him interact with Aunt Kayla, so we can assume that she and by extension Joey weren't there ( does Eric know Joey is back, would he care?) Marlena and John probably would have gone, but since John met with Steve and neither mentioned, nor looked like he came from a funeral, this seems unlikely. So this leads me to believe that the remaining people were those lonely people who show up for funerals because they have nothing else to do and hope this kindness is return when it's their time.

2) Victor hates Steve. He always considere Steve less than and questioned Kayla's choice in men. It also doesn't help that all the rotten things Victor did to Kayla (you know the daughter of his supposed great love, and the only person in Salem who never treated him like ish on a stick) were thwarted by Steve. Even at his cantankerous stage in his life, ole Vic can't stand Steve besting him in anything. It's either this, or the writers want to remind us just how stupid the people of Salem was for believing the worst of Bo.

3) I really liked Paige over thes last few episodes. I don't think the writers needed to sacrifice her in this manner.

As for my only thought for the day that wasn't expressed by others, I loved John reading Steve. To paraphrase: 'Bo would never abandon the woman who loved him and their child, isn't that exactly what you did. Latching on the straws to help your guilt much?' I love Steve getting it from all ends and the RomaJohn continuity. RomaJohn loved and was uber protective of Kayla, so his snark on behalf of Kayla makes sense. I also love the continuity of Steve and RomaJohn being friends and Steve turning to him out of that friendship and their shared ISA past.

• Love 4

With Vic and John both pointing out Steve's abandonment of his family, I'm really hoping there's more to it than that. Please let the new writers get creative and dig Steve out of this whole with a reveal about what really kept him away!

• Love 2

I agree that Victor's never liked Steve very much, and probably feels that if Steve's right, that means that Victor should have been looking for his son all this time; if Victor's right, Bo made a choice to stay away, over which Victor had no control. But if Steve's right, that means Victor just hasn't been looking hard enough -- which makes him a pretty crappy father, no?

Phone hard! BOllie push all the things! BOllie look smart!

• Love 6

1) I had the same thought. With the exception of Eric and the minister presiding over the service, who else would be there? I thought about the people who care for Eric and came up with the following: unless Theresa saw an opportunity to get close to Brady, she wouldn't show up. So unless we hear tomorrow that Brady was there, that's two people to be ruled out. We know Hope and Roman weren't there. Will's been temporarily backburnered, so I doubt he was there. We barely see him interact with Aunt Kayla, so we can assume that she and by extension Joey weren't there ( does Eric know Joey is back, would he care?) Marlena and John probably would have gone, but since John met with Steve and neither mentioned, nor looked like he came from a funeral, this seems unlikely. So this leads me to believe that the remaining people were those lonely people who show up for funerals because they have nothing else to do and hope this kindness is return when it's their time.

Maybe those folks showed up for the after-funeral buffet.  We had those folks back in my home town, people who showed up at every funeral.  My dad used to say you couldn't be sure you were dead if Frank Donovan wasn't at the wake.  Too bad for him, when Frank Donovan died, my aunt Cora discovered a hitherto suppressed need to take his place, and then SHE was the one they said that about.

But I bet Serena's funeral was done on the cheap, so no food for them!

• Love 7

I've kinda, sorta been liking Abigail the last few days, and that's a good thing. They've finally come up with something I can get behind the character about:

Supporting Chad through this murder investigation, even though everyone else is going to think he did it. It feels old school soapy.

• Love 2

CM's Will and Sami had friction, but they also had some warm moments.  They had some funny scenes to, and scenes where Sami acknowledged to Will, she had made a lot of mistakes when she was trying to raise him.  GW's Will doesn't give a damn about Sami or Kate.  He threw them both under the bus.

I was fine with CD's Chad not being a typical Dimera.  I saw no need for another one of those.  BF's had some good acting moments as Chad, and some not so good.  I could understand Chad's personality changing a little bit after he got shot saving EJ's life, and then EJ stabbed him in the back.  However, the Chad is a Dimera so, of course, he's the person most likely to be a serial killer in Salem is ridiculous.  The mistakes Chad has made are nothing like the intentional crimes Stefano, EJ, Kristen, and Andre commit everyday.

Stefano as the bad guy behind the scenes in the Aiden/Hope/Bo/Steve SL is so played out.  The only thing Stefano's idiotic revenge plans have gotten him is almost all of his children being dead.  Abe will keep Theo away from Stefano as much as possible, and Sami would just as soon kill Stefano as look at him.  If Stefano tried anything with Johnny, or Sydney, Sami, Kate, and Nicole would kill him, and Lucas, Rafe, and Roman would help cover it up.

Poor Paige.  The actresses who signed on to play Jordan, Serena, and Paige got a lousy deal.  I guess Jordan is the lucky one since she got out of Salem alive.

• Love 4

Could Dan be the killer?

It's hard finding a connective motive. But the show runners keep saying this is the work of a serial killer and they don't have logical motors or explanations sometimes, just profiles. Sometimes it'll be a reconned explanation of their triggers or insanities.

Maybe those folks showed up for the after-funeral buffet. We had those folks back in my home town, people who showed up at every funeral. My dad used to say you couldn't be sure you were dead if Frank Donovan wasn't at the wake. Too bad for him, when Frank Donovan died, my aunt Cora discovered a hitherto suppressed need to take his place, and then SHE was the one they said that about.

But I bet Serena's funeral was done on the cheap, so no food for them!

That's so pathetic. I have an aunt who does that. She goes to every funeral and eats the free meal and corners everyone telling stories about her cats or stupid shit she collects. It's so rude and selfish especially in the context of grieving. She also goes to cheap buffets and steals the food. She's a millionaire so her blatant greed is esp gross.

• Love 2

I need some help - I'm in Europe staying with a friend, and the guy who posted full episodes on You Tube has been shut down for copyright infringement.  NBC's website won't let me access from outside the US.  A few weeks ago, I'd have gladly dumped the show but now I'm hooked again.  Any ideas where I can see the episodes online?  

Wow are they actually using the police station set again?    it was nice to see it instead of them re-using the office at Club TBD for Hope's office at the police station.    It was also nice to see Hope's house again.

Oh Chad, Chad, Chad - I love you but stop doing things that make you look guilty!!   And surprise, surprise - I actually tolerated Abigail today - I still loathe her - but it's nice that she at least believes Chad is innocent.

Still not sure why Justin is so hellbent on Chad being the killer - I'm assuming it's the Kiriakis/Dimera feud but it still doesn't make sense.

I did enjoy Steve talking with both Vic & John (although I'm surprised that neither one believe Steve about Bo)

So Aiden is working for Stefano?   Really???   Not that I'm surprised by it but just disappointed they've gone this route with Aiden.

Eric's really getting on my nerves & I still wonder if he'll actually be the killer.

Sad to see Paige go but know that KDP will rock the scenes when she finds out about Paige.

• Love 2

Sweet scenes between JJ and Paige before her untimely death -- and yeah, I think we'll see JJ implode today. I still think her killer can be traced back to Clyde, but I don't know why he's doing this fake necktie serial killer thing. I don't think it could be Eric anymore -- they made sure to have a close up of his baby blue tie and Paige's death tie was clearly a red paisley (lol). 

Lauren Bowles was perfect! And she's grown in the months since she's been on screen. I find it odd that they had her in some scenes so close to when she'll be SORAS'd -- we'll remember this interaction very well still in November or whenever when the older Ciara comes to town. But I'm not complaining -- Lauren is so lovely and such a great actress. Hope we see more of her somewhere. 

Loving Patch, of course! He should have a scene with Caroline, though, especially if he's at the Pub. 

• Love 2

You're not dreaming, ya'll, the show is better than it was a year ago. Unfortunately last year was beyond awful. I don't know how anyone hung on through the crapfest. Soap fans is strong as hell, I guess. 

I'm glad to see the writers are trying to make sense of Theresa. I loved Shane & Kim back in the day but I find it utterly believable that Kim would be a less than awesome mother. The tendency to start hooking when the going got rough, the penchant for crazy killer types (Andrew, Lawrence), the multiple personalities and shooting Roman in the head - these don't bode well for solid parenting skills. Also, Shane hooked up with Kayla. That would make anyone insane.

If the writers would get over their Jen/Abby fixation I might actually commit some DVR time to Days on a regular basis. Hell, if the show just avoided the obvious I'd be interested. BF makes Chad interesting but I'm not interested in an Ejami/J&J retread starring Abby and Chad. Why not mix it up and have Abby try to "redeem" Brady and Chad hook up with Theresa. I'd be here for that. I'm not here to see Abby "redeem" any interesting characteristics out of Chad. Abby is everything I loathe in a soap character and KM's performance doesn't exactly add any layers. Jen's been dead to me for years so whatever ...

Once upon a time I was glued to the Eric & Nicole story. Thanks, Shitty Writers, for messing that up. At least Eric still looks good with the sound on mute.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 6

I think they should have left Ciera de-SORAS. She's a good actress and should grow up in real time like Kimberly McCoulough did.

I'm so sorry to see Lauren Boles go, seeing as how she's a better actress than quite a few of the adults. And I loved being able to watch KMcK grow up on GH, but I don't think it would work here - there are too many other kids on Days right now, with too many various generations of SORASing, for it to work IMHO. That said, I thought it was actually odd to see her again yesterday, I figured that was it until the recast turned up. And now that LB's Ciara is fresh in my mind again, it'll be even harder to get used to the recast. I hope LB goes on to a long successful career in show business though - I think she has what it takes.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Justin being extra shouty. Inside voice, please!

LMAO at Eric getting all ragey and indignant upon finding Chad at the bar… which Chad owns… and works solo now that Sonny and T have vanished. "I never expected to see Chad in his own bar!! How dare he?!"

There must be some sort of town-wide gas leak that has caused all of the residents become so stupid. "Bo in trouble? What a silly idea! It's not like there's anyone in Salem with a longstanding grudge against the Bradys and a penchant for evil! You're just talking crazy, Steve!" Explains why Steve is the only one with a few working brain cells - he's been away from Salem, breathing fresh air.

So Stefano brought Aiden to town to seduce Hope for… reasons? Sure, that makes perfect sense. RME

• Love 8

You're not dreaming, ya'll, the show is better than it was a year ago. Unfortunately last year was beyond awful. I don't know how anyone hung on through the crapfest. Soap fans is strong as hell, I guess. 

I'm glad to see the writers are trying to make sense of Theresa. I loved Shane & Kim back in the day but I find it utterly believable that Kim would be a less than awesome mother. The tendency to start hooking when the going got rough, the penchant for crazy killer types (Andrew, Lawrence), the multiple personalities and shooting Roman in the head - these don't bode well for solid parenting skills. Also, Shane hooked up with Kayla. That would make anyone insane.

If the writers would get over their Jen/Abby fixation I might actually commit some DVR time to Days on a regular basis. Hell, if the show just avoided the obvious I'd be interested. BF makes Chad interesting but I'm not interesting in an Ejami/J&J retread starring Abby and Chad. Why not mix it up and have Abby try to "redeem" Brady and Chad hook up with Theresa. I'd be here for that. I'm not here to see Abby "redeem" any interesting characteristics out of Chad. Abby is everything I loathe in a soap character and KM's performance doesn't exactly add any layers. Jen's been dead to me for years so whatever ...

Once upon a time I was glued to the Eric & Nicole story. Thanks, Shitty Writers, for messing that up. At least Eric still looks good with the sound on mute.

Shane and Kayla never happened, lol Stefano and Bart brainwashed that awful storyline out of my mind...lol I always felt that Kayla and Marcus should have gotten together after Steve "died"..It was natural for them to lean on each other out of grief for Steve..Imagine the conflict that would arise, when Steve came back from the dead...

• Love 3

Shane and Kayla never happened, lol Stefano and Bart brainwashed that awful storyline out of my mind...lol I always felt that Kayla and Marcus should have gotten together after Steve "died"..It was natural for them to lean on each other out of grief for Steve..Imagine the conflict that would arise, when Steve came back from the dead...

Kayla and Marcus is a story that would have written itself. The show had so trashed Kim by that point (I get the PP issues behind the scenes but that is really no excuse) I can see the writers wanting Shane to be able to move on without seeming like a bad guy. Having Shane hook up with Kayla was a bad, bad, bad idea. No matter what lameness the writers concoct to explain the mess the previous regime made of Jeannie T it will be another in a long line of bad retcons.

• Love 4

They really went after Kim because of Patsy Pease issues with the executives of the show.I remember the show wanted Kim to miscarry Jeannie, but she refused to play that, and Jeannie lived.. I also remember she had a mini breakdown in real life, when Kim has hers with D.I.D. I  also remember her disclosing her own history of sexual abuse that mirrored Kim's on the show. wasn't she replaced by Anne Howard..I loved Anne as Kim, but Patsy was the only Kim for me.. I could never see Kayla doing that to Kim by being with Shane, unless the writers wanted to explore Shawn Brady's preference for Kim as a daughter and Kayla was subconsciously using Shane to get back at kim for being daddy's favorite..He always did call her the best and the brightest, while Kayla was just there...The show never really explored the dynamic between Kim and Kayla..They always focused on Bo/Roman/Shawn...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Lauren Bowles was perfect! And she's grown in the months since she's been on screen. I find it odd that they had her in some scenes so close to when she'll be SORAS'd -- we'll remember this interaction very well still in November or whenever when the older Ciara comes to town.

They did the same thing with her sister-in-law Belle- 5 year old Belle was onscreen at the beginning of the week, and 15 year old Belle was on at the end. 

• Love 1

I got through by comparing it to GH.  Anything (said in my best Shawn Christian impersonation, for emphasis) is better than GH.  It really did make Days tolerable.

Peanut6711, the papers are confusing.  I was wondering the same thing.

• Love 3