Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Just when I thought there was finally some movement in the Theresa-Brady storyline, here we go again. This storyline has been stuck in a ditch for what seems like forever. Everyday it's the same thing. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

I hope the writers do something with this storyline, and quickly, because it's getting incredibly tiresome seeing Brady whine and yell at her all the time.

• Love 5

Will is more recastable (for obvious reasons) and if they do I want them to take him a whole new direction. Less ineffectual scheming please.

Count me with the poster who said they'd like to see a lesbian or bisexual story. Those have been lacking in soaps in general. AMC was the only one that committed to those characters (and Degrassi).

• Love 2

In the early days since Paul's introduction, I had thought it was implied that he could be bisexual. I do not remember what it was that he said exactly, not sure if I could find the clip, it was from 2014 - I think. But did he once imply that sleeping with girls was not terrible but he preferred to sleep with men? It was something like that.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1

I can't help thinking that when Corday said he didn't recognize the current show as Days of Our Lives, the first thing I thought of -- well, the first thing after "What?! You've been in charge of dang thing for a decade or more, you yutz!" -- was that he wanted to get away from gay characters. I'm just cynical enough about Mister Bossman to think that sweeping the gay characters completely off the canvas is precisely what he's doing.

I also can't help thinking, at the same time, that at least some of the sense of entitlement I'm reading from Sparkle Paul is coming from Christopher Sean's portrayal, though I doubt it's intentional. I think Sean has a fair amount of ability and natural charisma, though I don't think he can carry a scene by himself. I'm not sure that the "Sparkle Paul" tooth-whitening spokesmodel quality has its roots only in the writing. It's easy, I think, to cross an invisible line between "turning on the charm" and "jamming the emitters on Douchebag level."

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Christ on a cracker, show, just stop. I am really, *really* trying to hang on to this show; but TIIC are making it really difficult. I started watching when KDP started; and I would really love to be able to watch Eve do something more than listen to other people from behind a tree. She's been there over a year, I think? And so far it's been a massive waste of KDP's talents. I do love Eve/Theresa scenes, though.

My eyes started glazing over after the tenth or eleventh iteration of 'St. Daniel is the only real man; he's so hot; he's so perfect.' Watching fully grown women behave this way is just insulting.

And this Brady/Theresa crap; I'm just...I can't. I don't even like Theresa particularly, but I go into a rage in every scene of hers that involves Brady. Girl desperately needs to catch a clue and some self-esteem. Brady is a condescending, abusive ass; and his neanderthal bit stopped being cute...well it was never cute.

I reiterate my desire for all the women in Salem to pick up stakes and start their own village. 

• Love 8

"Not even Serena can cause somebody to have a stroke."  Oh, really?

Why would Jennifer think it would be appropriate to bring over an engagement present? Oh, wait, this is Jennifer we're talking about.

"There was never anybody for me but him."  Bullshit, Nicole, and you know it. Oh, Lord.  "I feel so blessed."  That's sure to come back to haunt her.

Eric and Brady slurping their coffee was annoying, but at least we know there was actual liquid in those cups.

Jesus, Theresa, please stop the plots!

Xander is a known murderer, and attempted murderer, and yet Brady makes these threats.  When is Xander going to finally have had enough and take Brady out?

There were cricket noises yesterday and LOUD bird chirps today.  Is that somehow related to the new writers?  I don't recall having heard that before.

• Love 6

What does Brady hope to accomplish by abusing and threatening Theresa? They have a legal custody agreement that allows her to move out with the baby whenever she wants to. If he no longer wants her to move out (because he doesn't trust her alone with Tate), perhaps he should stop treating her like dirt. This will only encourage her to move out, and, perhaps to vindictively sue for full custody. Despite appearances, her parents are rich, and hate the Kiriaki. So they would happily hire the bestest custody lawyer in the world. It could get really nasty, really easily, which would not be good for Tate or Brady.

• Love 8

In the early days since Paul's introduction, I had thought it was implied that he could be bisexual. I do not remember what it was that he said exactly, not sure if I could find the clip, it was from 2014 - I think. But did he once imply that sleeping with girls was not terrible but he preferred to sleep with men? It was something like that.

I don't recall any scene where he said something like this to anyone he was speaking honestly to.  He was over-the-top sexual with any and all women when he first appeared, clownishly so.  I remember it annoyed Jordan, although Abigail ate it up, and Theresa saw his flirting as an opening.  He played the horndog in public, embarrassingly so, always bragging about his women, but I don't remember anything he said since that indicated he was bisexual at all.  He even sort of apologized, or tried to do so, with Theresa for faking it with her.  

Him suddenly being bisexual would be as OOC as Brady suddenly being smart or Daniel suddenly being clean.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Count me with the poster who said they'd like to see a lesbian or bisexual story. Those have been lacking in soaps in general. AMC was the only one that committed to those characters (and Degrassi).

Guiding Light in it's final days had Olivia & Natalia.

• Love 4

Brady would have to replaced by an android to exhibit any suspiciously elevated intellect. Pretty sure clones would be limited by the (drooling) source material.

"Not even Serena can cause somebody to have a stroke."  Oh, really?

Nah, not Serena -- she ain't in that league. Julie, maybe.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Brady would have to replaced by an android to exhibit any suspiciously elevated intellect. Pretty sure clones would be limited by the (drooling) source material.

Nah, not Serena -- she ain't it that league. Julie, maybe.

Or  either Sami or Theresa. When Marlena had lost her memory she would freak out everytime Sami would come around her. lol. So, Caroline might consider herself lucky that it was Serena. lol

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 2

"Xander almost killed two people.  Brady's warned him to stay away from Tate and me.  I could work with that".......Theresa, Theresa, Theresa, Brady's stupid is starting to rub off on her.  Mixing his knuckledragging bonehead with her birdbrain is so not a good idea.  Yeah, "use" Xander, because that's going to work out reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllly well.  

Eve and Theresa were enjoyable,as usual.  I wish Show would give these two something to do with each other besides the occasional joint bitch session, but at least we get that every now and then.  

Otherwise we had Brady doing his usual delusional "Ain't I a tough guy" spouting, which is really pretty laughable.  He's got the gym muscles, and Lord knows he has unpleasant down like a body smell, but who would seriously be afraid of him - other than smaller people, wimmins the way Show writes them, and people who won't or can't fight back?  One good punch would send him crying home to Grampa and Maggie to kiss his booboo.  No, not that booboo, my fellow prevert posters.  I know Brady is pretty and all, but for me anyway, the guy is lacking in sex appeal.  He's such a petulant child.

Serena and Dan....it was like looking at a blank screen.  OH!  We did have Lisa Simpson ready to do battle with the EVIL Mr. Burns aka Jenn getting all pissy with the mean Mr. Big.  I don't know why, but Jen is bugging me a lot less lately.  It's probably because she hasn't been in many scenes with her stupid children, or with Dan, but lately she's not been as annoying.  That's happened before, so I'm sure she'll be back at the top of the list, but right now, she's nowhere near as bad as usual.

Other than the pleasure of seeing Lauren Koslow each and every time she's on screen, I'm too over the Clyde crap to care much.  This has been too long a stretch of Kate being dumb for me to get too invested in her discovering the truth now.  This is KATE, for God's sake.  Too damn long for her to stupid.  And Clyde has gone from mildly entertaining and creepy to very close to ff material.  Show needs to wrap this hootenany up and fast.

But, as always, I'm grateful for an Abigail free day, AND a Sneasel free day.  We can be assured that somewhere in Salem, off screen, she's weeping and he's practicing his butt face imitations.

What will we see tomorrow??  More of her baby shakes, more of Sneasel and his cardigan sads?  

• Love 3

We've been Abifail free for two days - someone loves us.   Now if we could just be free of Dr. Tan for a few days - that would be heaven.

Theresa & Eve were awesome as usual - can we get more of them together (just not talking about Brady or Jen)

I did enjoy Rafe & Kate & it's nice that she might actually be getting a clue that Clyde is a horrible man that she needs to run screaming from.

Why are Serena & Xander still here? 

And Brady's being kind of an ass - I'd love to see him knocked off his high horse.

Edited by Princess Consuela
  • Love 3

I like Paul, too. I don't remember any hints at bisexuality, but for show purposes, unless there's going to be a larger gay cast, it would work better if he were bi. Nearly every plot has a romantic relationship at its core, unless the show can successfully shift away from that, I don't see how only two or three gay characters can remain viable, let alone one. Unless, of course, they are written as the resident loving, stable couple, but I can't see them setting up a gay Tom and Alice (which would be awesome!)

**I think I worded this wrong, so I'm not sure if I"m making sense. I guess what I'm getting at is, with the heavy focus on romantic partnerships, how much of a story can a lone gay character carry? How much "will they or won't they" tension is there if there are only two? Unless there are enough characters to mix and match pairings, there needs to be a new way to  focus on gay characters or the writing will be even more repetitive than it already is. The same holds for straight characters as well, to be honest, but there is still the option to pair them with another character to change things up, and that you can't necessarily do with a gay one.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 1

Paul has always been presented as a Gay man using women as beards....I don't trust the show to do a bisexual man justice...Male bisexuality is a complex topic and the writers who were gay themselves ruined Wilson. I shudder to think what they would do in relation to a bisexual man...I would have liked Paul if they did not have everybody prop him on how perfect and great he is...It reminds too much of Daniel....So many people were sacrificed at his altar, starting with my beloved Jack...

• Love 2

This is unpopular but I also got the idea Sparkle had relationships with women, probably used them, but wasn't completely adverse to it but identified as gay. Sure he flirted with every skirt in the hospital but it was said he had relationships.  It's possible he just bought them cars but there's a spectrum, as they say. It would be interesting if Sparkle suddenly found himself attracted to a person who happened to be a woman just because, and they let it simmer for a long time and he learned to tone the sparkle down. 

That could work, but these writers would not know how to write that type complexity when it comes to sexuality...Male bisexuals are usually presented as being really gay and in denial, whereas female bisexuals are given a pass to be fluid sexually...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I can not remember when Paul said it, it was only one line and I think it was something he said to either Marlena or Will about dating. Maybe I looked too much into what he had said, I just had the idea he might have had casual relationships with girls, but then again it was probably when he tried to date girls to see if he could somehow get rid of his attraction for men. As some closeted people have done.Or simply as beards.

I do agree, the bisexual representation is usually not well done at all, it is hit by all sorts of offensive stereotypes and I have no faith these writers would do it well. But still, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt and hope they will try...

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1

What's weird is we have to factor his alleged fame and fortune into whether he had real relationships with those women or not. We know he kept a lot hidden.  He's more messed up than Will. It's the only thing I have right now to make him seem interesting to me.   

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Paul said he and Sonny kissed in only about an half hour after they met. At a public space, on the roof of a club where people could still easily interrupt and realize who je was. It was interesting to me, I got the sense that Paul was confident about who he was. He was closeted to the media, to his family but he was not lying to himself. He already knew who he was, he was not ready to take the risk to come out yet, not comfortable doing so.

Though, unrealistic how Paul took a big risk for himself by kissing Sonny in public. Someone like him would not have done that in real life. However, Sonny was handsome, funny and outgoing, who could resist?

• Love 3

That could work, but these writers would not know how to write that type complexity when it comes to sexuality...Male bisexuals are usually presented as being really gay and in denial, whereas female bisexuals are given a pass to be fluid sexually...

True enough, but the one thing that holds true for both male and female bisexuals is that for both, it's the female partners who are dismissed by other people. Male bisexuals, as you say, are "really gay," and female bisexuals are basically "just experimenting" and will choose a man in the end. Quite a few straight women won't go near bisexual men, and quite a few lesbians won't go near bisexual women, because they are convinced they will lose the bisexual to a man. (Remember the Sex and the City episode where Carrie ultimately decided she couldn't deal with dating a bisexual man? God, I hated that episode, but it was unfortunately rather true to life.)

• Love 3
I think I am in the minority here but I am a big fan of Sparkle Paul.
I like him and I actually think he has some chemistry with Guy/Will. If Sonny leaves/dies/whatever the hell they're doing with him...I wouldn't hate a PaulSon pairing.

As for if Teresa can cause a stroke? Well, she almost gives ME one every time she repeats this "Brady is the universe" crap.

• Love 2

If the show wants to bring in a bisexual character and it should be with a legacy character, perhaps Andrew Donovan....He comes into town with his wife and he runs into Paul, his former lover....It would  be very interesting, especially since he tried to use Theresa his baby sister as his  beard..The show can always say that Andrew used to refer to his sister as Jeannie and not Theresa....Plus, Paul slept with Will, his  first cousin once removed....Andrew and Sami  are first cousins...

All of the legacy children should be coming in and out of town for various reasons throughout the 50th year of the show...It should have been happening at the beginning of  2015..For example, Sonny's 3 brothers should have come to town to support Sonny when he was stabbed and to support their parents as their marriage was breaking down..We could have gotten more backstory  and insight about the Kiriakis family in Texas..There is alot that we do not know about Justin and Adrienne, when they moved their family out of Salem to Texas, where Sonny was born...Anjelica could have  come back as a fly in the ointment for Adrienne, especially with Alex Kiriakis, her biological son with Justin..The veterans need to pass on the baton to their children, grandchildren and great-grand children, as they move into more supportive roles in the show...

Edited by Apprentice79

Caroline has a stroke storyline ... umm okay.  Glad the character is okay but felt like a cheap ploy for ratings that turned it to be a complete nonevent. Not only a cheap ploy but a vehicle to somehow redeem Serena before she left?

Another Chad fan here : ) Those sad blue eyes have been plinking my heart strings the past few days. 

You are right. He has sad bassett hound eyes. 

I also hope the writers change the direction of the Abby/Chad/Ben fiasco--if it's going to be featured this heavily, they need to change the storyline so that Abby actually gets called out on her crappy actions and Chad comes off less like a doormat and if Ben's going dark, I want it dark, like he needs to be supermean to Abigail and yell at her a bunch and not just his trying to beat up Chad.

We can dream. I would love for both men to call her out for her behavior especially Ben, however, that would be a tricky u-turn to manage. Ben has known about the cheating for weeks and has not only kept silent but is still with her cheating ass. Not only that he was told she is pregnant, suspects it might be his and I still doubt his ass will be going anywhere given his suspicions.  It would be hard for me to support Ben in his outrage given that he is pretty much eyes wide open on this.

There is an interesting dictomy going on between Chad and Ben. As mentioned above Ben knows about the cheating and paternity issue however he is completely blind about his dad being an awful person and the Ireland land. Chad knows his dad is an awful person, and the land put nothing about the pregnancy paternity issue.

Does Theresa needs anvils to rain down on her? I was so happy that the new writers put the kibosh on the whole broken ankle thing but why are they continuing in their 'Theresa continues to scheme' to get Brady crap? When I saw Theresa do her Mary Tyler Moore twirl 'your gonna make it after all' and say she is still here I knew this shit wasn't over. I may not be happy with Brady's holier than thou tirades vs Theresa but earlier this week I was so hopeful that he would kick her out just so we can put an end to this mess. Plus, seriously does he expect to live under the same roof with her for 18 years until Tater tot goes to college? What  is the plan here? I don't want them as a couple, bumping uglies or Brady falling for her. Just no!! Can they not afford a new apartment set? Can't they convert the Kiriakis gardening shed somehow?

Brady is such an ass. I noticed in his litany of offenses that Theresa has committed against him he mentioned what she did to him (pretty vague), Melanie and making Melanie leave. Nowhere did he mention hitting his father with a fire poker, putting him in a coma for months (not that I am not grateful) and damn near killing him.  I guess John just doesn't rank. What an ass!

Jennifer has been less annoying. I think it is because they actually have her acting like a normal parent of damn near grown ass kids now. Gone is the near obsession with her kids sex lives, especially JJ's and being an overall overly involved helicopter parent. At times in the past, I almost got the sense that she wanted JJ herself.  I thought she was really good in her scenes when Abby announced her engagement and pregnancy. Usually I want to gouge my eyes out when those 2 are together but only Abby had me feeling that way. Jen bringing over the engagement ring was a bit weird but I didn't mind it as it may actually give Nicole someone to talk to other than herself. 

Eve peeking around corners eavesdopping on Jen's conversation, dumpster diving for that card? Make it stop. An improvement over gaslighting Jen to insanity but still sucky. That being said - Loved, loved loved Eve's dress. Gorgeous.

My DVR recordings were all erased (thanks Verizon) so I missed Nadia's return as Chloe. I thought she would be back for longer. It appears that it was a blink (Nadia should consider that sometimes) and miss appearance.  I always found her deer in the headlights unblinking stare so very odd. I would wonder sometimes if in between takes some assistant would come around with an eye dropper to water her eyeballs.  I mean how are they not dry?Did she look exactly the same? Overly tan, super long extension and just general Bratz doll like or was she toned down some. 

So after today does this mean that Xander and Serena are still around? Could we get each of them some clothes that fit? Xander needs a shirt and Serena needs dresses that are at least one size larger.

No offense Originalroux, but I will have to vigorously disagree with this here. Yes, I am ready for him to be gone since the writers have so thoroughly ruined his character and any possible chance of being in a relationship with Nicole. However, he is still bringing the pretty and if he has to be on my screen for a few more weeks I would preferred he did so topless. Mama's thirsty. Speaking of thirst:

2lsjuk9.jpg

That hits the spot!!

Serena can really go though. So is Eric going to find out that Serena is bugged his confession? 

• Love 5

Fore some reason I laughed out loud at Stephano sitting at the desk at the end of the episode. I picture him terrorizing the citizens of Salem while riding around on a scooter.

I also laughed at Chad's reaction to the PDA couple in the park. I know it was probably supposed to mean something about missing Abby, but I'll just assume Chad hates PDA as much as I do.

Kyle has been shopping at the same super tight shirt store as Brady.

Well that was a whole lot of nothing in the Sonny/Paul/Will merry-go-round story.

• Love 5

Wow, even when this love triangle is coming to an end in two episodes because Sonny is leaving, they still must repeat the same conversations they have been having for months. Adrienne was not wrong. Sonny has been using his marriage as a shield to deny any feelings he may have for Paul but my goodness could she not have... Pointed this out 5 months ago? Could Sonny not have realized that himself months ago? Yeah, Adrienne, like we did not realize this after the 120024832 times he has used the same line. But for some reason, his ex-boyfriend could not accept this fact and they had to go in circles about it....

And the biggest what the hell moment...
Adrienne: "You know Paul is still in love with you."
Sonny: "He never said that. Exactly."
.... What? Why are they dumbing Sonny down so much? What does the "exactly" mean?? o_O Have you been paying attention to what he has been telling you a 1000 times in the past 9 months? What even is the point of lying about that, his behaviour makes no sense.

The whole argument with Will and Paul was okay I guess.. They were just saying stuff and there was nothing we did not already know. You'd almost think they are trying to trick us into thinking Paul still has feelings for Sonny while he is now in love with Will because oh wow, he is actually trying to deny it now. 

*shrug* I do hope for a good Sonny/Paul moment Monday.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

This whole triangle was stupid from the start..It is pretty obvious that the show is going to say that Sonny has really been in love with Paul and that he was using Will and Ari as a rebound..That is awful if they go there...

• Love 3

This whole triangle was stupid from the start..It is pretty obvious that the show is going to say that Sonny has really been in love with Paul and that he was using Will and Ari as a rebound..That is awful if they go there...

Yeah, probably, that is  pretty much a conclusion that could have been made months ago. Ugh, this is all so badly done. I am not sure about Sonny admitting he is in love with Paul tbh, but more like that he will realize that he and Will did get married too soon and that he should not be settling down. That he and Will need a break and so Sonny breaks it off and leaves town.

Poor Ari, Will made his bed and has to lie in it..It makes Sonny look bad...He will probably leave Will and go hook up  with Paul..Only to find out that Paul knew who Will was all along..I assume that is the bizarre twist that Freddie was talking about..Christopher Sean who plays Paul said that it was fucked up....Poor Ari, to be used like that by Sonny to achieve his dreams of being married with a family...I am happy that he has no legal ties to her..Will could always remove his name as her guardian from that custody agreement that he and Gabi had drawn up  last year..Tomsell really fucked up Wilson...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

..He will probably leave Will and go hook up  with Paul..Only to find out that Paul knew who Will was all along..I assume that is the bizarre twist that Freddie was talking about..Christopher Sean who plays Paul said that it was fucked up..

I'm going to be really annoyed about it if that is the bizarre twist because if that were true, Paul would have taken advantage of it and tried to steer Sonny in a direction so that he will be convinced to divorce Will. Which he did not do, but hey, try and play innocent and you shall get what you want I guess.. Until it blows up in his face and Sonny walks out.

Did CS actually say that twist was messed up?

Poor Ari, to be used like that by Sonny to achieve his dreams of being married with a family..

I really don't think it was like that.... Meh, the writers are just retconning 4 years of WilSon.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Yes at a fan event, Christopher said that  the ending was fucked up, at the time I thought that he meant that Will and Paul would hook up and get caught by Sonny, pushing him to leave town...Plus, Freddie said that it was a bizarre twist with no resolution to the triangle...He said that Sonny would be happy than get sad...Paul did not really have to do anything hard to breakup Wilson, Will did it on his own..All he had to do was manipulate Will's insecurities and Voila....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Fore some reason I laughed out loud at Stephano sitting at the desk at the end of the episode. I picture him terrorizing the citizens of Salem while riding around on a scooter.

And I laughed out loud when I read your above sentence.   At least at was a bit of a Friday cliffhanger.

• Love 3

Yes at a fan event, Chistopher said that  the ending was fucked up, at the time I thought that he meant that Will and Paul would hook up and get caught by Sonny, pushing him to leave town...Plus, Freddie said that it was a bizarre twist with no resolution to the triangle...He said that Sonny would be happy than get sad...

Could you direct me to that interview, please?

Freddie's interview was put on here by somebody..It might be on a thread on here....Christopher's quote about it being fucked up was at a fan event that I read on another forum....He also hinted that Will and Paul would indeed get together....There are rumors that Will and Sonny will be divorced by Christmas...Freddie hinted that Sonny would be back for a bit....But then again, Guy Wilson had another interview where he said that Wilson is endgame..Who really knows at this point....The new regime debuts next week...I think that Tomsell was thrown for a loop with Freddie leaving..Had Freddie and Tomsell remained on the show; they would have put Paulson together, with Will becoming even more unhinged and Sami like...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Oh okay.

Maybe the twist is that Paul rejects Sonny by saying, "Oops haha, I think I might have feelings for your husband now..." and Sonny understandably checks out. After they had sex... Which would be bizarre too. It would be suprising if the writers would make Paul that awful and scheming that he was out to get Sonny back by seducing Will and breaking their marriage up. Meh, would not buy it after the way he had acted.

Edited by Ruby Red

It is no different with what they are doing to Sonny now....Will is now being retconned as Sonny's second choice..There certainly was no evidence whatsoever that Will was somehow Sonny's second choice, until Will went to LA and the character assassination of Will began, but at least with Will, the writers meant to turn him bad. I don't think they meant to turn Sonny bad, but if Sonny took a closeted 18-year old and mentored him out of the closet with the intent of creating a family to spite Paul for turning him down, that was pretty low. Again, nothing onscreen said that-- until Paul showed up and Sonny was so gleeful about his marriage to Paul. Poor Arianna being used by people, to achieve their ends..First Nick and now Sonny...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

True, there never was any hint given that Will was Sonny's second choice. Sonny was pretty much in love with Will and 100% all in with their relationship from the start.

. Again, nothing onscreen said that-- until Paul showed up and Sonny was so gleeful about his marriage to Paul.

lol Sonny was gleeful about it indeed, he was very much in Paul's face about it when he told him the first time.

But I don't think they will make Sonny look so bad as if he actively pursued some guy as a rebound and got married just to spite Paul. Maybe I am just trying to be optimistic that it will not be that bad.. But the whole thing is already terrible.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Actually, Sparkle did say, exactly, that he was still in love with Sonny. He said it months ago, while Sonny was present and, as far as the audience could tell, paying attention. This whole storyline is only endlessly repetitive when it isn't completely self-contradictory. I give up.

• Love 4

True, there never was any hint given that Will was Sonny's second choice. Sonny was pretty much in love with Will and 100% all in with their relationship from the start.

lol Sonny was gleeful about it indeed, he was very much in Paul's face about it when he told him the first time.

But I don't think they will make Sonny look so bad as if he actively pursued some guy as a rebound and got married just to spite Paul. Maybe I am just trying to be optimistic that it will not be that bad.. But the whole thing is already terrible.

I hope that you are right..I like Sonny, he was such a unique gay character. He was confident in who he is and I loved his first scene with Victor when he proudly proclaimed that he was gay..What was so funny about it was the fact that Justin and Adrienne were so sure that Victor was going to be homophobic..He was actually very accepting of Sonny...

• Love 1

The majority of Day was pre-emptied by the Cuba thing. On the one hand I was upset because it happened right after Adrienne both acted like a mother and said something intelligent to Sonny. On the other hand, I was overjoyed because they cut in just as Abby started rambling meaning I was not subjected to her face, voice, and utterly useless stupidity.

I just keep telling myself that we should start seeing actual changes in the show starting the end of the month. I still fear that those changes will not include phasing the triangle of doom off the canvass.

• Love 2

Caroline has a stroke storyline ... umm okay.  Glad the character is okay but felt like a cheap ploy for ratings that turned it to be a complete nonevent. Not only a cheap ploy but a vehicle to somehow redeem Serena before she left?

It's my understanding that Caroline being in the hospital is what gets all of the old timers back to town.

• Love 1
It's amazing that Hope hasn't figured out that Rafe has feelings for her - everyone else can see it - why can't she?

I'd like to think because she doesn't want to hurt him and let him down easy (Always have found Rafe dull), but based on spoilers, it looks like Rafe is back in Hope's orbit, so I sadly doubt this.

• Love 1

This Will/Sonny/Sparkle crap is one of the worst and most boring love triangles I've ever seen. Will needs therapy, Sparkle is completely unlikable and insufferable to me, and Sonny doesn't seem to know what the hell he wants. All three of these people are ridiculous. 

• Love 7

It really is.  I have zero interest in what's going on between Paul, Sonny, and Will.  It's so stupid, contrived, and boring.  And what was so weird about Sonny and Adrienne's conversation was that she asking Sonny if it was odd to hang out with his long-ago ex, instead of asking if it was odd to hang out with the man your husband cheated on you with just a couple of months ago.  WTF?

Also, what year does Ben think it is?  Because in the year I live in, a woman doesn't need to trap a "daddy" into marriage and can raise a baby all by her damn self.  No man needed.  So fuck off and die, you stupid piece of plastic.  If you want to be mad at your idiot girlfriend for being a cheating jerk, do it without the misogyny.

• Love 10

Also, what year does Ben think it is?  Because in the year I live in, a woman doesn't need to trap a "daddy" into marriage and can raise a baby all by her damn self.  No man needed.  So fuck off and die, you stupid piece of plastic.  If you want to be mad at your idiot girlfriend for being a cheating jerk, do it without the misogyny.

To be fair, I highly doubt stupid, vapid, brain dead Abifail is capable of taking care of a baby by herself. 

• Love 11