Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I suppose Will might have avoided him, but Will so easily fell into Paul's bed I find it difficult to critique Sonny for not mentioning his history with Paul, someone who Sonny thought Will had never met. If Will hadn't fallen into bed with Paul, who is to say Will wouldn't have slept with someone else, like the bellhop who appears to be hitting on everybody? Sort of like how EJ might have slept with any female who had presented herself to him in that cabin. Contrary to what Abigail thinks about her art history and literature knowledge, there wasn't anything inherently special about Abigail to EJ - she was female and she was easy and they were alone, so boom! Will probably just shouldn't have been alone with another guy who is easy in that hotel room, period (although, I suppose at the time Will thought Paul was straight. But still...maybe this wouldn't have happened if Will had just met at a coffee shop or restaurant the way a normal journalist does? I think the choice of hotel room for an "interview" was more stupid than Sonny not telling Will about someone he presumably has never met.) Also, Sonny was tempted by Paul's sparkle eyes and he didn't give in. This is the rare instance where the person cheated on can gauge what the cheated person felt, and compare how they both reacted -- one stayed faithful, the other didn't.

I think everyone has the capacity to cheat depending on the circumstances. I agree that Will would have been tested down the road if he hadn't slept with Sparkle now.

I think Will would have avoided Sparkle if he knew about Sonny and Paul, because the same characteristics he found attractive would have brought out his insecurity rather than resulting in him being 'flattered'. It was just a Perfect Storm in this instance.

Sonny can say he was tempted and didn't give in, but he and Will are very different and the stressors they have experienced are different too, so of course the outcome was different.

Derrick made it seem like Sneasel and Sparkle are having an ongoing affair. I wonder if Will will tell Sonny it was only once and Sonny doesn't believe him.

When Adrienne cheated with Emilio back in the day, Justin tried to kill Emilio because he was possessive over his wife.

I wonder if Sonny will be more concerned that Will is falling in love with Sparkle. Sparkle and Will are building a connection of sorts with the non-sexual intimacy and Sonny knows about it too.

Some people felt that Sonny proposed because he was afraid Will would leave him and speculated that Sonny has grown uncomfortable with Will's growing independence. Coupled with the threat of losing Ari, I wonder what Sonny will choose to do.

• Love 2

If the cheating hadn't been exposed so soon I feel like Sonny would've eventually had an emotional affair with Sparkle. I think people can be much more susceptible to cheating emotionally because it's easy to overshare with the wrong person and a lot of the time they don't even realize they're doing. 

Will is always screwing up so it would have been interesting to see Sonny mess up for once. An emotional affair is bad but not necessarily bad enough to completely destroy their relationship. 

• Love 3

I think that Derrick knew exactly what he was doing when he told Sonny about Sneasel and Sparkle. He seemed to take pleasure in telling Sonny all about it.I think he knows that Sonny and Will are married and wanted to cause trouble for them. Perhaps he wants Sonny for himself. Freddie broke my heart with his performance.  I just know that he will bring it when Sonny confronts Will about his betrayal. It will be epic.  I wonder where Sonny will go from here because I don't want him to go back to Sparkle.  I want him to punish Will for this. Will never deserved him..Perhaps Will believes that as well and that is why he fell into bed so easily with Sparkle. Will is his own worst enemy and that is because he is very insecure when it comes to Sonny. Sonny has always been very understanding and patient with Will, However, this time Will went too far. For too long, he took Sonny for granted and now he will have to learn to navigate life with Ari without Sonny's love and support. I don't see Sonny taking him back after all this...

• Love 2

Yum.... more delicious thuggy thug Damon. 

So... is Clyde still laying shot full of holes in the park? It is a new day given that everyone finally seemed to have changed clothes. 

Count me as surprised that Sonny put 2 and 2 together and got 4 so quickly. I wonder why it didn't cross his mind that Paul was the subject Will was writing an article on. Of course, we all know that Sonny's conclusion ain't wrong but it interesting that he was 100% convinced with no doubt that Will & Paul are sexing.

Derrick is such a messy bitch. I love him!

Abby seemed so outraged that Chad would think that her cupcakes were stale and tasteless. LOL!

Nicole looked so pretty in most of her scenes today. She should always wear her hair like that. Any attempts to be more trendy and edgy with it just make her look ridiculous. And oh goody, more Dan begging. Haven't had one of those scenes since the last time they were on my screen. 

I have to LOL! at Eric. Nice of him to want to make the sex special by going out to dinner and booking a nice hotel room but it reminded me of a teen on prom night who was about to have his cherry popped.

I feel like Serena is going about this 'elephant in the room' thing all wrong. She should bang the hell out of Eric and then act surprised upon seeing the statue and make up some shit about how she had one just like it and it broke and she was heartbroken because it was the most precious memento she had that reminded her of her or their time in Africa. Squeeze out a couple of tears and he probably would just give it to her. Hell, he would probably just give it to her if she asked him.  

I thawed a lot towards Serena today and I think I saw an attempt by the show to not make her some mustache twirling villain when she seemed a bit understanding of people doing bad things to people they loved and said that she didn't want to kick Nicole while she was down.

Jennifer's hair and makeup looked good today. That's a nice change.

I thought Jen's makeup and dress looked good but I can't with her hair. The ends look so fried, dry and unhealthy to me. I want to both slather them in deep conditioner and cut about 4-5 inches off.

The crimper they are using to crimp Melanie's hair needs to be taken out to the parking lot and run over 3-400 times by a tractor trailer. 

• Love 6

Count me as surprised that Sonny put 2 and 2 together and got 4 so quickly. I wonder why it didn't cross his mind that Paul was the subject Will was writing an article on. Of course, we all know that Sonny's conclusion ain't wrong but it interesting that he was 100% convinced with no doubt that Will & Paul are sexing.

Oh I think Sonny realizes that Paul is the subject of Will's article and he realizes that Will was the person in Paul' shower--Paul greeted Sonny in his bathrobe with his smug "I just got some" grin and because Sonny isn't stupid, he figured it all out.  And I think Sonny and Paul were already having an emotional affair because of all of the sharing of personal information going on but that can be said for Paul and Sneasel too.

And I think Victor is trying to squash Clyde's drug trade.  Victor and his good-looking thug were talking about clearing Clyde's influence out of the neighborhoods--or words to that effect.

• Love 1

I think ultimately Will made it much easier for his infidelity to happen by conducting an interview in a room with a bed in it. 

That's like Tiger Woods running off to Vegas to hang out in a club with scantily clad women. Although even that scenario actually sounds less worse since there are a bunch of other people around to possibly keep you from losing your control, or rather your brains, to actually  take someone to a hotel room while you're married (although clearly that scenario didn't keep Tiger Woods from cheating multiple times). 

The ability to cheat is probably in everybody under the right circumstances, but you can at least try your best to avoid the most obvious circumstances that can make it happen. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

If I had the power to reach through my television and choke someone, Melanie would be a dead little muppet right about now. Talking to Nicole like that? Hell, no! I can't wait to see the smug little shits with eggs all over their faces when they all realize that Nicole is right and Serena's up to something shady.

I wouldn't have minded Will lurking in the background if he hadn't ducked back behind the door so Paul couldn't see him. Own your eavesdropping: Paul knows you're there, for Christ's sake.

Adrienne still looks frumpy to me. JE is pretty, but it just doesn't carry over into her character. If they want me to believe that Lucas finds her sexy, they need to make her actually look it.

• Love 3

So as was speculated, Sparkle is the only o neg donor in the whole town. I actually feel sorry for Sneasel because Paul is essentially responsible for saving Sonny's life. Everyone is going to love him and Sonny and Sparkle will be bonded more because of this.Ouch.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

Maggie may be a Horton apologist, but she is also responsible for helping to save Sonny's life, so I'll forgive a little bit :)

And Suzanne Rogers and Judi Evans hit it out of the park today with their reactions to Sonny's stabbing, GW's still needs a lot of work.

The most blood that Paul could give would be a pint, but that's going to be the pint that saves Sonny's life?  Man, I love the ridiculousness of this show :)

• Love 4

Also, I don't know if Sonny will even want his wedding ring back, but I'm very sentimental,so I'm sad that it was stolen(anvil if there ever was one). Will it eventually be recovered or will Sonny get a new one? And will the replacement come from Sneasel or Mr. Sparkuru? LOL.

So as was speculated, Sparkle is the only o neg donor in the whole town. I actually feel sorry for Sneasel because Paul is essentially responsible for saving Sonny's life. Everyone is going to love him and Sonny and Sparkle will be bonded more because of this.Ouch.

I shouldn't find this hilarious, but I do.

• Love 1

If Chandler Massey were still in the role, I'd probably be more torn, but since Guy Wilson is in the role, I want to see Will go down so bad. Like, so bad. So bad that I want Abigail's eyes to pop out her face and unleash smug on him like nobody's business when she finds out.

• Love 3

If Sonny didn't know already I would applaud him being stabbed just as the article is published. It's still going to keep Will from finding out about Paul until Sonny wakes up if they don't meet at the hospital. If they do meet, I will have fun watching them bricking it only to find out that Sonny already knows.

I wonder if anyone will clutch their pearls when the Paul article comes out and they find out that he is from a 'high risk' blood donor group?

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

Paul's coming out was rather anticlimactic. Guess what? No one really cares in the end, Paul.

Someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but the writers seemed to have leeched so much drama out of this - ending Paul's baseball career, his family being totes cool with everything, etc. 

Wait, didn't they show that the stupid magazine advertised (on their cover, which...no) that the article would be in next month's issue?  But now it's just, zip, published on the web site?  Whuh?  This show's depiction of journalism is the worst.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I too want Will to go down and he will for this..The whole town is rallying around Sonny and when they find out that Will betrayed him. He will be tarred and feathered for this. It is obvious that Sparkle and Sonny will be getting back together. Especially, since he gave him his blood to keep him alive..The show is so predictable....I cant wait to see Will's suffering, he was such an asshole towards Sami for going after Abifail....I hope Sonny is ruthless in his revenge against Will. I bet Abifail will not be so understanding of Will...

And I think Victor is trying to squash Clyde's drug trade.  Victor and his good-looking thug were talking about clearing Clyde's influence out of the neighborhoods--or words to that effect.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I felt like the implication was that they wanted Clyde out because he was the competition.

• Love 4

Good thing Paul didn't officially come out before he offered to donate blood.  I wonder if Show will even go there. 

Is there no blood bank in town? At St. Mary's? *rolls eyes*  You really have to suspend belief to get past all the medical inconsistencies on this show.  (Starting with every doctor being an expert in every specialty including replacing hearts that have been recently harvested).  Nothing new, but geesh.  Maxine has all the former patients' blood types memorized?  And Paul is among 1% of Asians who have the O-neg blood type? Oy.  I know they're going for the romantic drama in Paul giving his blood to Sonny but oy. 

Ew at Lucas almost kissing Adrienne.

Of course Sparkle was the one to save Sonny. How original. Sparkle was Sonny's first love, the one that got away. Now he's saved his life. Show is sure working hard to give Sparkle an advantage over Will. 

• Love 2

I don't like Paul as a character because of his Abigail-begging ways, but I think the actor is better in technique than GW. This triangle could get topsy-turvy because Sonny and Paul are above Will in acting ability. 

• Love 2

When is that park gonna invest in some damn surveillance cameras? I mean damn, Nick's attempted rape on Gaby, Nick, EJ, & Rapey shot, Kate, Sami, & Gaby dumping Nick in the river, and now poor Sonny stabbed. City of Salem should realize this place has lots of crimes, but they don't seem to be moving their asses in trying to rectify the problem. 

At least it didn't take long to find Sonny's body. Victor sure took a little longer than usual to dial 911. Of course Sparkles is there to save the day as he's O Negative and Sonny's blood is now going to sparkle and shine like no other and part of him is gonna be inside Sonny forever. Unless Sonny decides to cut himself and make that shit leak out.

Look at Sneasel, saying he should get home, but wants to stay and have a drink with Sparkles. What a loser. I can't look at his face anymore, when he showed up at the hospital with his worried face, it was just distracting more than anything. I think he does this shit on purpose like KM, just being awful for the sake of being awful. I guess they both want a Razzie Award or something. I think they aim for a Razzie more than an Emmy. Now he wants to pray cause Sonny is in the hospital, shouldn't he have been praying when he was fucking Sparkles. Now that Sneasel has Victor hugging him and showing him comfort and when the affair comes out, he might just want to kill himself now or go run to Sami because it's not going to be pretty.

Toothy really needs to get her ass in some acting classes in facial expressions, cause right now it looks like she's going to The Rugrats School of acting. The baby faces aren't cute for a grown woman.

Lucas, I hate to say this, but don't be a douche. You heard Adrienne talk about her marital problems and possibly Justin is cheating and yet he's going to try and kiss her and cause Adrienne to cheat. That will not make me root for the relationship if either Lucas or Adrienne take that step.

• Love 3

Obviously Sparkle wouldn't have had sex with Will if he knew his husband was Sonny, but that's only because he's desperate to get Sonny back, not because he has respect for marriage. The fact that Sparkle has repeatedly tried to get Sonny to dump his husband proves he has no boundaries.

I think you're giving him too much credit, frankly. I'd put even money on it, even if Sparkle Paul found out that Sonny is the cuckolded husband.

• Love 2

Will better hide when the affair comes out, he is going to need his mom more than ever. It seems that the show is setting up Will to be the next Sami for the people of Salem to judge and condemn. The people who are showing  Will so much support will turn on him, when they found out the truth. At least Kate and Lucas are in town, because this is going to get ugly real fast. Adrienne will be shouting from the mountain tops how right she was about Will and Sparkle will be badgering Sonny for a second chance....

• Love 1

Is Victor dealing drugs? It sounds more and more to me like he is he trying to push Clyde out of his territory, rather than crush the drug trade in Salem altogether. 

The DiMeras ran the drugs in town and Clyde was muscling in, when EJ was killed, Clyde took over all of it.  But prior to Clyde taking over, there was a gentlemen's agreement that certain areas, such as the park, were off limits to drug dealers, but Clyde ignored that and is pushing all over town.  Victor was offended about that.

In other places, I've seen speculation that Derrick stabbed Sonny to keep him quiet about Derrick talking about hotel guests.

• Love 1

Who knows maybe Derrick does do cocaine and stabbed Sonny for not accepting his invitation for coffee. It would have been something if he poisoned that green tea he brought to the room, but he didn't. Shame he could have gone all Dorothy Zbornak on him, "Here have some tea.....it'll relax you." lol

• Love 2

So PC Hospital doesn't have any plasma they could use until they get enough O negative?  There is no blood bank in town?  No other nearby hospitals?

Why does Serena have to swap that damn elephant, why doesn't she just ask Eric for it?  And is it just me, but is she looking kind of squicked out at the thought of doing Red Hot Monkey Sex with Eric even more than he is?

• Love 1

I love how Eric's always the one in a relationship making important decisions about its future. I liked him better as a priest. 

Freddie is owning this week.

I'm beginning to think that Serena is being blackmailed into the elephant switch caper -- she does seem ambivalent and almost panicked about not getting it done quickly. 

I don't get why these people don't use a cribbage board when playing cribbage.  Or is this a regional thing?

• Love 2

Yes, there are problems with this story and yes, there are some things that stretch even soap credibility. But I have to say that it was good to see real soapy soap moments today with the Sonny-in-peril story. The right people (give or take) were involved, the story wasn't in a bubble and there were flashes of good old-fashioned drama. It wasn't perfect, but I actually paid attention for the duration of the whole show -- and I cannot remember the last time that happened.

• Love 5

Right there with ya, I don't want Sonny to be dating Sparkles at all. Sparkles just comes off desperate and too much of a casanova for my taste. Having him flirt with everything walking all while in the same breath saying Sonny is his one and only, then bedding Sneasel, and then trying to keep flirting with Sonny even though Sonny told him many times that there's nothing between them. Sparkles is just doing a little too much for my liking.

• Love 2

Aw, Maggie used her power of nagging for good for once. I guess it's that one time a year they throw the soap vets like Maggie and Adrienne a bone that reminds people they can actually pull off soapy material well.

I felt absolutely nothing with Will in the chapel. I wanted Victor to hit him with his cane.

I kind of loved the "24" split screen ending though it should have had Kate randomly filing her nails in one of the boxes.

I will ignore the elephant in the room.

• Love 9

What is it with Days and the other soaps that for so many characters being in "love" = pathetic, or stalker, or doormat, or desperate, or my personal favorite, "I love you so much if I can't have you I will ruin your life and threaten you."  Sure soaps used to have a few characters that fell into these categories, but now almost all of them do.

FS is doing such a good job as Sonny.  Not only does Sonny deserve better than Sneasel or Sparkle, he deserves a better acting partner than GW.

When Sonny gets better, he needs to dump Will, pack up Ari and go see Sami and her children.  Sami won't turn on Will, but she'll be supportive of Sonny.

• Love 6

I thought Adrienne was terrific today, too, and Maggie. I noticed, sadly, that Victor was stupefied and had to be told more than once to call 911. 

And all this time, having read the spoilers and expecting this to happen, I figured that stabbing Sonny was Clyde's payback for Victor's attempt on his life. But so far as we know Clyde has been lying in the park freezing for 24 hours or so, right? So who WAS that masked man, and why did he rub cocaine into the wound, anyway? 

WTF was up with the cocaine rubbed into Sonny's wound? To send a message? As I understand it, Victor deals drugs, but not in "nice" neighborhoods. That was how I interpreted the talk about Clyde's business.

Maggie was very effective with the hand waving. Poor Victor.

Lucas has always had mommy issues (Is it a freaking wonder?), so I don't find the Adrienne attraction surprising. I think Adrienne is sexy. Man I loved me some Adriennne and Justin, but the show seems uncommitted to writing happy couples.

Pathetic Eric, planning a special sexy time. However, I fail to see how Serena's ultimate exposure will redeem her pathetic behavior.

Holy plot contrivance, O negative!

As stupid as this show is, I felt too upset to see Sonny stabbed!

• Love 2

I think the cocaine in the wound is intended to make Victor realize what group was behind Sonny's stabbing. Stabbing Sonny to send Victor a message would be pointless if he doesn't understand the message. Clyde hasn't been found yet so far as I know, but his group knows Victor is interfering and pushing back, so that in itself would be enough to warrant a nephew-stabbing in their eyes.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 3

Oh, noes, not the split screen! It must be rilly, rilly serious, then!

That monologue in the chapel was atrocious -- some of the worst acting I've seen on this show or anywhere. Truly embarrassing, even by Guy Wilson's usual standard of completely unengaged nonsense. 

• Love 7

I kind of loved the "24" split screen ending though it should have had Kate randomly filing her nails in one of the boxes.

Ha ha, Kate filing her nails would have been hilarious! Of course, not appropriate, blah blah, but that would have been awesome. I also was a fan of the split screen.

• Love 5

Sonny BETTER NOT wake up with amnesia. He knows the truth now lets get this show on the road. I want him to go scorched earth on everyone.

Oh, you know Sonny is going to wake up with amnesia.  They have to drag the story out for a couple of months.  I was shocked when Sonny found out and then he got stabbed and there went my reason to be excited about the story.