Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So, what the show is telling me is Tripp is a stronger person than Marlena, Johnny, and Allie because he overcame the devil right quick. I believe it lol.

Damn, Bo looked good. And PR did so much with so little. Meanwhile, VK played Ciara like she just saw like a hot dog or something and not her fucking father back from the dead. Embarrassing. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

All the talk earlier about Marlena reminded me of my coworker sixty birthday party.  She finally got a tattoo she always wanted.  It initials.  People kept asking if it was about her husband.  She said no her kids are forever who knows how long she will let her husband of 40 years stick around.  
   Watching the show now.  Apparently Tripp borrowed Paulina’s bat.  Seems like a good weapon against the devil. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Kind of funny and ironic how Tripp has now taken Charlie out twice.

When did he take him out before? ETA: Oh, was it when the devil brought him back the first time?

This reminded me that I don't even remember who killed Charlie lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Brendan Birch said:

Yes.  Tripp also killed Charlie's undead/zombie form on Halloween by beating him (back) to death with a frying pan that Allie had also previously used to strike him.

As for Charlie's original death, it was Jan who killed him out of disgust after learning that he'd raped Allie and had almost raped Claire.  It was actually an in-character motivation for her (which, for Ron, was surprising), since she was a rape survivor herself and of course would be disgusted by the idea of any rapist hurting someone.

She also framed Belle in the process, "freeing" Sean to be with her. I believe she also wanted to impress Claire? 

Edited by RunningMarket
  • Love 4

This reminds me of Jan saying today that the devil was her only real friend and then the ‘and Claire, of course’ lol. It made me miss Claire. There has actually been a lot of potentially great friendships lately but they never do enough with any of them.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

A scene that was cut (probably because Julie is in it) that Days put on their Youtube channel.

See, now if that scene had ended -right after Julie's heartfelt plea to God, and right before that last glimpse of Tripp - with an otherworldly hand reaching down and tossing a Boston creme pie right in Julie's face, that would be her Emmy reel.

A missed opportunity for some REAL dwamatik akting!

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I did like the Devil calling Allie insipid. His move to Tripp was a little fast.

So Shawn Douglas is Jan's errand runner or Uber Eats supplier? There is nothing in the fridge for her to eat?

Nice to see Bo Brady again. Too bad it's to prop up Ciara. He did get to 'see' his grandson.

Tripp has taken Charlie out twice now. And poor Evan is no one's lackey any more.

I expected more from the Exorcism.

• Love 8

Look how they massacred my boy!! 😥 I knew Tripp's sacrifice for that drip Allie was coming, but seeing his bloodied and broken body at the end of today's show was a bummer. I liked Marlena's shout of "Tripp no!!" when she realized what he was about to do, but I think it would have been more powerful if Steve or Ava or even Kayla could have been there to watch in horror as he jumped out the window. All this drama and sacrifice for that dummy Allie leaves me feeling annoyed. Blergh!

Nice seeing Bo again, but why did he show up to see dumb Ciara and her baby? He already saved the baby in the cemetery, there's no need to follow them to the hospital. And why doesn't he appear to Shawn in his time of need too? Hmmph!

Speaking of Shawn, watching him eat fries and chat with his rapist in his mother's home was just wrong. I swear it seems like the show is chem-testing them. 🤮

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So did I. It seems like less effort is put into each subsequent exorcism this time around. This time it was just Allie's family standing around and shouting at the devil and reciting some bible verses. And all it took was half an episode. The hell?? I really hope this is it for the Devil shenanigans since clearly the show isn't even trying anymore to make the possessions scary or make any sense. They're making Marlena's 1990s possession look like a cinematic masterpiece in comparison to this drivel. 

I know Eric can be boring, but I like having him around and he looks so damn fine in his priestly garb. 

Good god, I guess Kayla's a pediatrician too now! 

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I was too!  Everyone there, except for Tripp, were acting like dinner guests who realized they were being served leftovers from a meal they hadn't enjoyed very much the first time.  I ended up wondering both who and how all the gasoline was going to get cleaned up more than I worried about Allie.

I've been feeling sorry for Shawn with how Belle has treated him over the whole Jan situation - until today.  The crazy house guest calls up and wants a cheeseburger and Shawn actually goes and gets her one??  As Frozendiva said, tell the nutjob to eat something else.  Then he sits on the couch with her and shares a few jokes?  After all that, I'm thinking Belle is going too easy on him.

It's great seeing Bo, but even that doesn't make up for having to sit through the ultimate Ciara & Ollie propping storyline of that loudmouth harridan and her abbed up imbecile of a husband defeating the devil because she's just THAT annoying.

It says something about a character that for me, even Satan himself has a better personality.

This better not be the end of Tripp.  Dying to save that dimwitted twerp is NOT the way to go out.

ETA - bunnyblue, I just read your posts and it seems you and I are on the same wave length!

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Speaking of Shawn, watching him eat fries and chat with his rapist in his mother's home was just wrong.

Since he invited the rapist into his home for the duration of her pregnancy, he should be able to have a reasonable conversation with her and also enjoy a couple of fries while doing so.

• Love 2
(edited)

I guess there's no Uber Eats in Salem? No delivery of burgers?

Loved seeing Bo!

Allie was the worst to Tripp, her life wasn't worth risking his own.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 12

Did they let all the directors go in an attempt to fix the budget?  Wouldn't a normal group of people call out to Allie and Tripp and "shout at the devil" throughout the "exorcism"?  Just reciting the Lord's Prayer and sprinkling some holy water is not going to get rid of the capital D devil.  

• Love 7

So Cierra and Ben, who have never had a scene with Bo, get a prolonged conversation with him, while Steve, who has history going back 40 years on the show, doesn't even get a word?

• Love 20

MBE, TB and most of all SN really brought the emotion today. Brought tears to my eyes. This show really does have some fine actors.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, rcc said:

MBE, TB and most of all SN really brought the emotion today. Brought tears to my eyes. This show really does have some fine actors.

And then it has VK and RB who eat up all the screen time 

• Love 11

Man, back in the day everyone would've been holding vigil at the hospital praying for Tripp as he fought for his life with the whole room shuddering in a collective sob when Kayla pronounced him dead.

Instead today everyone just went about their business tucking Allie in, Eric running around town because..., while Tripp had to rely on Bo laying hands on him for a resurrection. Would've been nice to see spirit Tripp next to Bo and them discussing if he wanted to stay or go. Also where is AngelBo getting the level of spiritual power to resurrect people? Protecting his daughter as she broke through a satanic force field I can buy but resurrection? Who does Bo know in the afterlife to give him that power level?

Having said that, yay Tripp is alive! Now give him a woman who loves him the way he wants and should be loved with he and Chanel remaining besties.

I will say SN brought it in his anguish over Tripp's demise. Tripp had a rocky start but he's come a long way with Patch and Kayla and I bought their anguish in losing him. Intrigued how he and Stephanie will get along.

So, um....where's The Devil because a host body jumping out a window doesn't kill him. In fact, wouldn't Tripp's soul been damned to hell considering he killed himself while possessed (unless The Devil scooted out mid-leap and hopped into a cat or some other animal ala Fallen). Bo resurrecting him means he pulled him out of Hell so that's some big power levels Bo is sporting.  Shoot, they should've had Tripp in Hell talking with Charlie for a beat before Bo's laying of hands lifted him up and back into his body.  In any case The Devil ain't gone and is gonna take one more bow before this is all over to let the audience know he'll be back.

These actors have been on so many shows; in one scene you have Steve, Ava, and Jake but to my GH mind they're also Stefan Cassadine, Carly Corrinthos, and Johnny Zacchara, LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Why is Eric running around in priest garb?

Would any hospital let Ben run around looking like he just got the snot beat of him without treating him?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

So Cierra and Ben, who have never had a scene with Bo, get a prolonged conversation with him, while Steve, who has history going back 40 years on the show, doesn't even get a word?

And his sister Kayla didn't even get to see him 

(edited)
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Also where is AngelBo getting the level of spiritual power to resurrect people? Protecting his daughter as she broke through a satanic force field I can buy but resurrection? Who does Bo know in the afterlife to give him that power level?

Right? Bo's performing some Jesus-style miracles left and right. He must be some head honcho in the afterlife to have such skills, lol. 

SN, TB, MBE, and even Drake really brought it today. Steve sobbing over his boy, John comforting "Kay", and Ava crawling onto the bed with her dead son were so well done.

Why couldn't they let Kayla see her beloved brother Bo?? She was right there with Steve, there's no way she didn't see the blinding white light. Just a smile between Kayla & Bo would have meant so much. 

I'm so happy Tripp is alive! I was so upset at the thought that he died for Allie. I'm not quite convinced that the devil is done with Tripp. He was all smiles with his parents, and Kayla already proclaimed he's going to be alright, but I have a feeling the devil may still be hiding in there somewhere. Although, Bo did say the devil is gone, and he has been performing miracles, so maybe he's right. 

They really should clean up Tripp and give him a hospital gown. Poor guy's receiving well wishers bare chested and bloodied. Also, I'm not buying Allie proclaiming she still loves him. They both need to move on from each other. 

OMG, the snuffling baby noises are back. Nooo!! The Weston baby sounds like it has COVID with how labored his breathing sounds.

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

So, um....where's The Devil because a host body jumping out a window doesn't kill him.

That's how they got rid of "him" (it?) in The Exorcist. It jumped from Regan into the priest and the priest went out the window.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8

Awww...I wasnt ready for that!  Steve, Kayla & Ava(the actors) were all terrific today, I am not a fan of the character of Ava but when she laid down next to her dead son, I was crying & then more tears when Steve was weeping...Oh My, such emotions! (And now I am getting ready to cry during TIU tonite, yikes, too many tears).  I like the character of Tripp & I hope he gets a good storyline now...I happen to think Tripp & Chanel were cute together. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Ciara has had scenes with Bo not VK's version but the character and Bo have interacted. Now Bo not hating Ben even in the afterlife is another story... This is why you don't want your faves to return.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, RedElf said:

Why is Eric running around in priest garb?

Didn't Eric tell Nicole, when she saw him at the Pub, that's he's a priest again, like he was when he came back for the first excorcism?

I guess the Church automatically gives you your old job back if you tell them the problem was Nicole.  They probably get that a lot.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

I will say SN brought it in his anguish over Tripp's demise. Tripp had a rocky start but he's come a long way with Patch and Kayla and I bought their anguish in losing him. Intrigued how he and Stephanie will get along.

These actors have been on so many shows; in one scene you have Steve, Ava, and Jake but to my GH mind they're also Stefan Cassadine, Carly Corrinthos, and Johnny Zacchara, LOL.

MBE was also on GH as a character named Katherine. I think GH tried to pair up MBE & SN based on their DOOL chemistry, but their GH characters never did become a romantic couple.  Or maybe I'm not remembering this correctly...

As for the bolded, yep - who know this is where they'd be given Tripp framed Kayla and tried to kill her?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

MBE was also on GH as a character named Katherine. I think GH tried to pair up MBE & SN based on their DOOL chemistry, but their GH characters never did become a romantic couple.  Or maybe I'm not remembering this correctly...

As for the bolded, yep - who know this is where they'd be given Tripp framed Kayla and tried to kill her?

They were a romantic couple on GH but they weren't particularly good (to me at least). 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They were a romantic couple on GH but they weren't particularly good (to me at least). 

I wanted to like Stefan & Katherine because I'd loved SN & MBE as Steve & Kayla, but the characters just didn't click and the chemistry wasn't there. But put them back together on DAYS and the magic reappears, IMO. Today was a great example of their effortless comfortable chemistry. 

Is it possible I hate Ciara more than Ben? Today may have confirmed it for me. There was Ben tearing up at the news of Tripp's death & resurrection and there's Ciara saying "baby, why are you crying". JFC woman, his newborn was kidnapped, he saw the ghost of his dead father-in-law, and then heard about Tripp - your husband was overcome with emotion; it shouldn't come as some surprise that he's feeling overwhelmed and he couldn't help the tears. How am I supposed to consider Ciara as root-worthy when her serial killer husband shows more empathy than she does?

• Love 14

Loved seeing Bo return and resurrect Tripp.

Allie crying how she loved him is eye rolling.  She used Tripp and treated him horribly.

So with Lucas story, Sami has no phone? She's sitting in a hospital bed doing what? 

• Love 1

Most of the show was interrupted by a news report.   How long was Tripp dead for?

who did Bo interact with ?

did Lucas explain why no one could get hold of him and Sami?

1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

Is it possible I hate Ciara more than Ben? Today may have confirmed it for me. There was Ben tearing up at the news of Tripp's death & resurrection and there's Ciara saying "baby, why are you crying". JFC woman, his newborn was kidnapped, he saw the ghost of his dead father-in-law, and then heard about Tripp - your husband was overcome with emotion; it shouldn't come as some surprise that he's feeling overwhelmed and he couldn't help the tears. How am I supposed to consider Ciara as root-worthy when her serial killer husband shows more empathy than she does?

It's possible.  He is less annoying than Ciara which is saying A lot for a three time serial killer who did his damdest to make it 4.

Ciara then made it even worse, when he was talking about Tripp and Allie and how he wanted their loved ones to be as happy as he and Ciara were and Ciara told him nobody could be as happy as they were.  Cuz she's special, don't you know?

I wish the heavenly portal stayed open long enough for Grandma Caroline to come back and kick her ass into  another dimension.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

Is it possible I hate Ciara more than Ben? 

Totally! Given a choice between the two, sadly I'd take Ben, redeemed or a serial killer, over her self-absorbed ass any day.  I might even kinda like him if he turned gay and hooked up with Jake. 

57 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Most of the show was interrupted by a news report.   How long was Tripp dead for?

who did Bo interact with ?

did Lucas explain why no one could get hold of him and Sami?

Tripp was probably dead about 20 minutes their time. Long enough for people at the hospital to mourn him, make several tear-jerker scenes, and then get the miracle news.

Bo only interacted with CIN. Ron basically gave the viewers another big FU by getting PR back just long enough to shove "redemption" down our throats for the millionth time. 

Lucas claims Sami is in the hospital overseas after a skiing accident in some remote snowy location. Why that hospital doesn't have landline phones, I don't know. He says she sent him home after they heard about Allie since she can't fly. The editing basically had Lucas at the pub talking about the ski accident one minute to Kate and Roman, changing the subject with them to Allie, and then showing up at Allie's doorstep the next. 

• Love 9

Why isn't Baby Weston having a nap in the hospital nursery? Surely they would keep him there for a few hours til the mama was checked out and cleared to go home. Holding the baby like a bag of sugar?

My cold black heart shed a tear about Tripp. One tear. All the vets played the scene perfectly. A man who 'died' for nothing except to save Allie. At least Saint Bo said that a good man lost his life. That should be something for Ava - that her son did something good and right. Too bad Bo didn't do some healing and make the wounds go away. He must be a pretty old soul and guide to get the powers to bring someone back. Too bad Tripp wasn't given the choice of coming back or not. Maybe he will do a NDE scene where he says what happened to him. I do wonder if the Devil actually left or is hiding in a church plant. I did think it funny that the church was open - it seems that most here don't open unless there is a funeral or rental or service. I guess the Devil can open a few locks.

I don't know if Allie really loves Tripp. Both need to spend some time apart, and explore other things in their lives first.

Ciara was pretty self-absorbed and selfish in that no one on the planet is happier than her and Ben. The baby is a human being and not an accessory - wait, Diva, this is a soap and the baby will only be mentioned, be in the next room and we probably won't see much of him til he is put in the crib one night and wakes up as a 6 year old. She cared for Tripp? Her 'redeemed' serial killer husband had more empathy and compassion for others than she did.  He did get the validation that he has turned 'good' and he has gone to a better path.

Bo could have also showed himself to Kayla - his sister.

So Lucas shows up without Sami and tells folks that she broke her leg and is in the hospital somewhere in the Alps? The hospitals don't rent phones any more? She couldn't use her mobile phone? Pay the roaming charges or get a cheap SIM card? Did he kidnap her again?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Too bad Tripp wasn't given the choice of coming back or not. Maybe he will do a NDE scene where he says what happened to him. I do wonder if the Devil actually left or is hiding in a church plant. I did think it funny that the church was open - it seems that most here don't open unless there is a funeral or rental or service. I guess the Devil can open a few locks.

Someone else mentioned this as well, and I agree, that it would have been nice to have some scenes with Bo and Tripp where he was asked about whether he wanted to go back or not. And, sorry I don't remember who, but someone else brought up it would have been interesting to have some scenes with Tripp and Charlie as well. Whether it was after he died or at the cemetery, it would have been good since LA and MM had some nice chemistry together. I think it was a wasted opportunity that he and Charlie didn't interact at all this time. 

5 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I can't say I disagree entirely, but that scene made me roll my eyes. I mean, so did the scene with Bo basically stamping redeemed on Ben's forehead (you hear that audience BO BRADY literally says Ben has been redeemed, so just accept it already) but at least that was expected. It felt like "see how good Ben is" overload with him crying over Tripp's resurrection and saying how happy he wanted everyone to be.

Tripp is one of my favorites, so I'm not necessarily surprised that I was moved by the scenes surrounding his death, but I am surprised at just how moved I was, especially when I had an inkling it was possible Bo would resurrect him (there was the thought that Bo might have been there to take him to heaven, but resurrection seemed like a good bet.) I can't remember the last time I cried at anything, and certainly can't remember the last time I cried watching Days (unless it was tears of the "God can the writing get more atrocious" variety.) The actors all delivered. I especially loved SN's look of complete shock when Tripp came back. And, that he pulled that off is impressive considering how many characters come back to life on this show. But as is typical with Days, the scenes led to another huge missed opportunity. I had a feeling they wouldn't have Bo show up when Ava was there. Given what she did to his father, I think fans would have rioted if she got to see Bo and Kayla didn't. So, when Kayla showed up, I figured she would see her brother. Instead, they have her looking down and Bo just leaves. He can have a prolonged conversation with his daughter and "reformed" SIL, but can't even spare a "hey" to his sister?

I thought it was ludicrous that Eric confidently said to an injured Tripp that the devil was gone. How would he know that? This town has been wrong about the devil twice now, but they just decided that the devil must be gone because Tripp sacrificed himself? Now, given they had angel!Bo say the devil was gone, I do have a feeling this storyline is wrapped up...for now anyway. Ron is a hack so I'm sure he'll be itching to revisit it. 

Out of all the stupid stuff I've seen with this storyline, Bo being able to resurrect Tripp was one of the easiest things I could accept. The guy sacrificed his life to beat the devil, I'm sure even that might get God's attention and earn him a trip back. I'm sure Bo just was the vessel to do it since he was already down on Earth saving his insipid daughter and his namesake grandson.

• Love 9

I have no interest in Ava mourning Tripp. She came back from the dead and didn't bother looking for him.   Kayla has been his mom but with this show blood relations seem to matter more even though Kayla has basically been Tripps mom.   The one Ava moment I liked is her blaming Kayla. That was the Ava I remember.    Great work though by the SN, MBE and VK. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Yup, Katherine Bell and Stefan Cassadine made no sense in terms of character pairings. SN and MBE have chemistry in spades but even that couldn't overcome the hurdles to make Stefan/Katherine believable.  Katherine went from a love to hate manipulate shady sassy social climber who was rivals with Lucy to Stefan's forbidden 'love'/possible sister (Alexis was doing the Lord's work in trying to keep them apart by making Stefan believe Katherine was his sister, LOL) to a puppet used by Helena to drive a wedge between Nikolas and Stefan. Katherine didn't deserve the lame ending she got.

But boy howdy when MBE and SN returned to DAYS and you could see them in their 'original' characters, yup, they're a joy to watch. SN showed he had range when he took on Stefan Cassadine who was a complete opposite of the earthier, grittier Patch.  He didn't get enough credit for his work as Stefan IMO. And then of course they ended Stefan in the stupidest, lamest way possible as well.

I don't know if Allie really loves Tripp. Both need to spend some time apart, and explore other things in their lives first.

I think Allie wanted someone safe, nice and could provide 'protection' for her and Henry in the aftermath of so much turmoil in her life and Tripp wanted to give that to her but I don't think she's in love with him. She really needed to find herself and be honest with herself that she had/has feelings for Chanel beyond that of best friends. Now that she's acknowledged and accepted this about herself, she and Chanel and Johnny need to figure out WTH is their next step in this triangle. Tripp needs to stay out of it with the exception of happy hours with Chanel and continuing to be Uncle Tripp to his nephew Henry. I'm with everyone else that bringing on Chloe's sister, Joy, could be a nice option for him to finally have a love interest who is just into him and not crazy or using him.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I thought it was ludicrous that Eric confidently said to an injured Tripp that the devil was gone. How would he know that?

Seems like the writers went to a whole lot of trouble just so they could say the Devil Tripped and fell out a window.

(Hey, don't look at me. I just wanted to see what it would be like if Bo Brady came back for a visit. The answer, somewhat predictably and through no fault of PR, turns out to be "Mostly awful." These people have never heard of diminishing returns, have they?)

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Someone else mentioned this as well, and I agree, that it would have been nice to have some scenes with Bo and Tripp where he was asked about whether he wanted to go back or not. And, sorry I don't remember who, but someone else brought up it would have been interesting to have some scenes with Tripp and Charlie as well. Whether it was after he died or at the cemetery, it would have been good since LA and MM had some nice chemistry together. I think it was a wasted opportunity that he and Charlie didn't interact at all this time. 

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I can't say I disagree entirely, but that scene made me roll my eyes. I mean, so did the scene with Bo basically stamping redeemed on Ben's forehead (you hear that audience BO BRADY literally says Ben has been redeemed, so just accept it already) but at least that was expected. It felt like "see how good Ben is" overload with him crying over Tripp's resurrection and saying how happy he wanted everyone to be.

Tripp is one of my favorites, so I'm not necessarily surprised that I was moved by the scenes surrounding his death, but I am surprised at just how moved I was, especially when I had an inkling it was possible Bo would resurrect him (there was the thought that Bo might have been there to take him to heaven, but resurrection seemed like a good bet.) I can't remember the last time I cried at anything, and certainly can't remember the last time I cried watching Days (unless it was tears of the "God can the writing get more atrocious" variety.) The actors all delivered. I especially loved SN's look of complete shock when Tripp came back. And, that he pulled that off is impressive considering how many characters come back to life on this show. But as is typical with Days, the scenes led to another huge missed opportunity. I had a feeling they wouldn't have Bo show up when Ava was there. Given what she did to his father, I think fans would have rioted if she got to see Bo and Kayla didn't. So, when Kayla showed up, I figured she would see her brother. Instead, they have her looking down and Bo just leaves. He can have a prolonged conversation with his daughter and "reformed" SIL, but can't even spare a "hey" to his sister?

I thought it was ludicrous that Eric confidently said to an injured Tripp that the devil was gone. How would he know that? This town has been wrong about the devil twice now, but they just decided that the devil must be gone because Tripp sacrificed himself? Now, given they had angel!Bo say the devil was gone, I do have a feeling this storyline is wrapped up...for now anyway. Ron is a hack so I'm sure he'll be itching to revisit it. 

Out of all the stupid stuff I've seen with this storyline, Bo being able to resurrect Tripp was one of the easiest things I could accept. The guy sacrificed his life to beat the devil, I'm sure even that might get God's attention and earn him a trip back. I'm sure Bo just was the vessel to do it since he was already down on Earth saving his insipid daughter and his namesake grandson.

Good points and I agree that there were definitely missed opportunities in this "Exorcist" conclusion to the devil storyline as well that Bo's appearance felt like it served two purposes--to officially reinforce that the devil is gone and to prop CIN.   

Although if Ron's not done with these supernatural stories, might I suggest CIN buys a house to get away from Clyde at the apartment and lands themselves in The Amityville Horror while the rest of the Salemites enjoy a normal home. 😁 

As usual, Ron's pacing was off. To me, the last two day episodes felt like they rushed or skipped over certain interactions with people.  Like Charlie and Tripp as mentioned. And also Allie only thought Tripp was dead for about 2 minutes which lacked impact. As well, Lucas was brought in so last minute that he had to rush through the story of Sami's whereabouts and then jump to the reason he was there and go see Allie. This could have simply be fixed by bringing Lucas in the day before when Allie's whereabouts were still unknown and while he was waiting for word at the Brady pub he could have told the Sami skiing story.  

11 minutes ago, Swartz said:

I have no interest in Ava mourning Tripp. 

Years ago, as a Stayla fan, I hated Ava and TB's performance, but since her return this time, she's really grown on me, her obsession with Steve seemingly cured has helped no doubt.  Never the less, I actually found her scenes the most heart-wrenching and poignant.  But then I have a dear friend who lost a child unexpectedly so seeing Ava getting that call on an otherwise normal day (she wasn't aware/involved in the graveyard/church scenes), her disbelief that he could be gone, and her crawling into the hospital bed with Tripp to hold him one last time felt very real-life to me.  A mother's worst horror. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

But then I have a dear friend who lost a child unexpectedly so seeing Ava getting that call on an otherwise normal day (she wasn't aware/involved in the graveyard/church scenes), her disbelief that he could be gone, and her crawling into the hospital bed with Tripp to hold him one last time felt very real-life to me.  A mother's worst horror. 

Ava may have birthed Tripp but she's never been a mother to him.   She knew he was alive yet didn't go looking for him.  I can't feel sorry for her considering all the horrible things she has done .  Maybe if the show had taken the time to redeem her yet instead the write her as a different person

Allie was possessed by the devil; there was a deadly shooting at Paulina's apartment. For a second there I thought Nicole was empathizing with the town, and then she rolled off "poor Rafe had to work overtime." 🙄

Couldn't help but think that even dim-witted Rafe could have accurately wrapped up this case faster if say....

A. Lani, the first officer on the scene, wouldn't have been allowed to leave the scene so fast.

B. Lani, as an off-duty cop and part of the altercation, and Paulina weren't allowed to leave the scene till statements were taken. 

C. Separate statements were taken at the scene before "witnesses" were left alone together.

D. The Salem PD turned back on the audio in that interrogation room what's been shown to have such a feature.

E. All of the above!

Eli will probably solve the case from his hospital bed while Rafe is still standing around going, "huh." 

20 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

So Maggie went home with Sarah, spent the evening with her, and did not tell her the truth about Mickey either? Why on earth are she and Xander not telling her together? 

This ⬆️  If she was medically and psychologically cleared to go home, she should have been told that she was still missing time and the events of that time as to not further delude her.  No one likes to give bad news, but Maggie and Xander need to suck it up and just break it to her.  Maybe have Marlena there when they did.

Speaking of Marlena, how long till she hypnotizes Abe to remember what was said while he was unconscious like she did to Jake. Probably a long while I suspect since TR wasn't threatening her favorite couple.   

14 minutes ago, Swartz said:

Ava may have birthed Tripp but she's never been a mother to him.   She knew he was alive yet didn't go looking for him.  I can't feel sorry for her considering all the horrible things she has done .  Maybe if the show had taken the time to redeem her yet instead the write her as a different person

I wasn't commenting on whether she should or shouldn't have received sympathy based on her past actions and bad deeds, I was saying that the writers actually captured the elements of tragic real-life loss and the actress did a good job with that material in the short time Tripp was believed dead.  She depicted well the worst thing that could happen to a parent, whether you see her as one or not.  Though her adult relationship with Tripp has played out on screen enough to make her distress, disbelief, pain, and sorrow that we saw yesterday a fitting parental reaction to his accident/death. He accepted her as his mother, she loves him as her son, and they have an amicable, if not positive (Ava's reasoning for trying to be a better person is him) relationship.  As far as her "redemption," I'm not sure the show even considers her in that category.  Bo didn't anoint her redeemed status like he did Ben, but she's not an outright villain any more either.  I'd liken her more a gray character at this point.  

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

This ⬆️  If she was medically and psychologically cleared to go home, she should have been told that she was still missing time and the events of that time as to not further delude her.  No one likes to give bad news, but Maggie and Xander need to suck it up and just break it to her.  Maybe have Marlena there when they did.

And Sarah seems to have no idea, even in today's episode, that any time has passed, despite the fact her hair had obviously grown A LOT and that should have clued her in. Why was that not the first thing she asked?? HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN? 

Maggie is passing the buck to Xander when she is lying just as much. This is so dumb because there is enough drama with Sarah finding out Xander married Chanel, screwed Nicole and almost married Gwen. The Mickey stuff is almost being played for laughs and it is cruel. And it should not all be on Xander considering it was Victor's idea in the first place to swap babies to protect Maggie

I will forgive this if we are leading to finding out that Rachel is in fact Mickey and Kristen does not have a kid.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

The stuff with Sarah is silly and irritating. I'm glad she still isn't doing manic pixie dreamgirl though!

Jackee Harry kinda killed those scenes today. The whole thing is painfully dumb but the performance made up for it for me.

• Love 7

Here's more unaired scenes.  Not saying that Ron's writing is perfect, but these deleted scenes does make you wonder how much else that he writes doesn't make it to air.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I wanted to like Stefan & Katherine because I'd loved SN & MBE as Steve & Kayla, but the characters just didn't click and the chemistry wasn't there. But put them back together on DAYS and the magic reappears, IMO. Today was a great example of their effortless comfortable chemistry. 

I agree with all of this which shows that writing goes hand in hand with the actors involved when it comes to chemistry.

I also dislike Ciara more than Ben which sucks because while she's selfish she hasn't committed the horrific crimes Ben did and yet he seems more humane than her.

• Love 8