Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Kate has been more a mother and closer to Sami than Marlena in years, so I expected that from Kate and Marlena to barely care.  This goodbye to Hollywood has been so dumb since they had a year to come up with something (anything!) else as a goodbye to Sami and build it up. 

Abe's at the house for the goodbye and John & Brady were at the hospital? Then there was like an hour devoted to Hope/Sami's non-relationship when they barely interacted for years. 

The whole goodbye has been a fail.

• Love 3

Couldn't help but shed a tear at AS's departure, even though she took over the whole show with The Days of EJami's Lives.  I loved that Lucas was right there until the end with Roman and Marlena.  Glad that after all these years Lucas has outlasted EJ and (hopefully soon) Rafe.   And the talk of being the General was such a throwback it made me misty.  I still think I could have done without Thrady and Dristen and they should have showed Sami and John instead of Sami and Abigail. 

Will and Sonny really got to me.  Those two haven't really been apart since they got together.

Sonny cheating would be predictable, but it depends on how these bad writers execute it.  It got me thinking about a particularly good story on a Dutch soap I watched a couple of years ago.  They put one guy in a coma and the other got close to one of his doctors.  Coma guy's boyfriend would just confide in the doctor and they only kissed just as coma guy woke up. No sex.

Even though kissing is still cheating, I think Sonny's rep would be preserved if he didn't give up the goods too soon and repeatedly before Will gets back.  And I always find emotional affairs to me more compelling because of the discussion it provokes about it being more intimate than sex.

Either way, Will and Sonny are due for a shake up.  Some fans are violently opposed to Sonny cheating but I was really upset when Will slept with Gabi and she became pregnant and I got over it.

• Love 5

And c'mon, JJ and Paige -- I'm counting on you two to defy the odds here and get past everything. Until the next wrinkle, of course. 

Same here.  I hope they can come back together after all of this.  And that everyone will stop jumping on Paige for EVERYTHING she says and does.  It's getting on my last nerve.

• Love 1

Still wondering why they showed whatsherface given an injection to EJ in the morgue.  I thought we would see some sort of evidence of him today in some way before Sami left the stage.  What a truly stupid, juvenile storyline with the Hollywood stuff - ugh.  But, as long as it keeps her creepy son away for awhile, it's cool.

• Love 5

I haven't watched regularly in years (was hooked in the late 80's & early 90's) but have been able to watch live off and on the past little while and am still catching up with the characters and who they are related to.  Daniel is Maggie's son?  Theresa is related to Sami?

Anyway, regarding Sami's goodbye, they keep saying it's only for 6 months, but everyone is acting like she's leaving forever.  I did miss the episode when she got the offer to go to Hollywood, so I don't quite understand why it happened so soon after EJ's death.  I also missed when she forgave him.  But since I didn't watch much during their relationship(s), I don't have much interest.

I wish there had been more flashbacks, but we always have Youtube, which I have discovered has tons of old clips.

Anyway, back to the goodbyes, I wish it was *real* Roman, because I still can't get used to Josh Taylor as Roman. And it doesn't help that the clips I recently watched Roman was version # 1.

I haven't watched regularly in years (was hooked in the late 80's & early 90's) but have been able to watch live off and on the past little while and am still catching up with the characters and who they are related to.  Daniel is Maggie's son?  Theresa is related to Sami?

Anyway, regarding Sami's goodbye, they keep saying it's only for 6 months, but everyone is acting like she's leaving forever.  I did miss the episode when she got the offer to go to Hollywood, so I don't quite understand why it happened so soon after EJ's death.  I also missed when she forgave him.  But since I didn't watch much during their relationship(s), I don't have much interest.

I wish there had been more flashbacks, but we always have Youtube, which I have discovered has tons of old clips.

Anyway, back to the goodbyes, I wish it was *real* Roman, because I still can't get used to Josh Taylor as Roman. And it doesn't help that the clips I recently watched Roman was version # 1.

Theresa is actually "Genie", Shane and Kim's daughter, she just goes by her middle name Theresa.  So she has always been Sami's cousin.  Daniel is Maggie's biological son.  It's a long story but Victor stole Maggie's eggs decades ago and gave them to his best friend and wife who are Daniel's parents.

What is strange about this storyline is that Maggie had a "grandmotherly" relationship with Melanie, who turned out to be Daniel's daughter, and it seems like TPTB made Daniel, Maggie's son just so her and Melanie can be related.  Then Melanie left the show and we were stuck with Maggie being a meddling mother to her middle aged son as opposed to Maggie who had this really sweet relationship with Melanie. 

Now that Melanie is on her way back, maybe we will get more of that Maggie.

• Love 2

Did I miss a goodbye with Hope and Sami? I think that's the only major castmember she has a connection to that I missed. I liked that last hug with Kate, and that the last shot of her well-wishers was Marlena, Roman, and Lucas. In terms of cast members, that seemed appropriate. And if Bryan Dattilo ever wants to cut the cord with Days, I hope they let Lucas join Sami in Hollywood.

• Love 2

Thanks JCB344 for the history on Daniel and Theresa (Genie).  Haven't seen much of Maggie, but it sounds like they've changed her for the worse, like Jennifer. I've missed so much.  Guess just tuning in for the Christmas story reading each year isn't enough to stay on top of things.  They still do the Christmas reading, right?  Can't recall if I saw it last year or not.

Did I miss a goodbye with Hope and Sami? I think that's the only major castmember she has a connection to that I missed. I liked that last hug with Kate, and that the last shot of her well-wishers was Marlena, Roman, and Lucas. In terms of cast members, that seemed appropriate. And if Bryan Dattilo ever wants to cut the cord with Days, I hope they let Lucas join Sami in Hollywood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oOO7XeR60

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

Theresa is actually "Genie", Shane and Kim's daughter, she just goes by her middle name Theresa.

It's Jeannie.  As a Jeanne who hates the name Jeannie, please, still spell it correctly.  I've never in my life understood why people on the phone want to spell my name with a G like a man.  Sami's middle name is Gene but it was after Eugene. 

• Love 1

It's Jeannie.  As a Jeanne who hates the name Jeannie, please, still spell it correctly.  I've never in my life understood why people on the phone want to spell my name with a G like a man.  Sami's middle name is Gene but it was after Eugene. 

My apologies for the mistake.  I assumed I was spelling it wrong which is why it is in quotes.  Sorry to offend.

• Love 1

As a viewer who came back for the Sami Brady Farewell Tour I gotta say that I have been beyond disappointed. I'm dumbfounded at the knowledge that tptb had a year to prepare, and this is what they churned out. What a mess. 

That being said, Kate/Sami today was everything. EVERYTHING. I handflapped . And squealed. The goodbyes between them and with Nicole got me in the damn feels.

I may not have been the most faithful Day's viewer through the years, but Ali Sweeney was always the deciding factor that brought me back to the show every damn time. Waaaaaaay back when I was a kinda overweight teenager with a personality slightly bordering on "bitch", Sami Brady was my spirit animal! LOL! I'm going to miss the hell out of that heffa.

**deletes DOOL off of series record list**

• Love 6

Oh Brady, Brady, Brady. I actually do believe that Brady has a right to be angry at his dad. It is an incredibly manipulative and cruel thing to continue to let him think that he was indeed responsible for damn near killing his own father. The thing is that Brady's idiocy and having the IQ of a wombat proves his father was right to play his ass for a fool to begin with. Where Brady loses me completely is making the magical leap from Kristen telling him this self serving truth to being the one person who he can trust and who treats him like an adult. Brady should know that the only reason Kristen has done any of her good deeds to get him back. She only told him the truth to break up him and Theresa so she herself can hook up with Brady. Her motives were not altruistic. Same goes for the Jawn coma cure. John and Theresa's lie don't bring them down to Kristen's level of psycho. Kristen telling the truth about this one thing does not negate all the crap she did, which is what he seemed to be implying. It is like John saw into a crystal ball and could forsee Brady stupidly falling back into Kristen's arms on the most illogical of premises and he wasn't wrong.

Dan and Kristen -- MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel as if Sami has been saying goodbye for weeks. At this point I am just glad that it is over.

• Love 4

Sami didn't end up with her rapist! Sami didn't end up with her rapist! Hell yeah! There are some things that disappoint me about this goodbye, and I'll get to those, but Sami not ending up with her rapist is so huge that I can live with everything else. If I had gotten everything else I wanted but then Sami got into the limo and came face-to-face with EJ, that would've ruined everything else for me.

That said, congratulations DAYS, on such a mediocre goodbye overall. I don't know how you can screw up when you have someone who has produced 22 years of memorable scenes, but you did. The weird thing about this Hollywood exit is that it feels like the writers came up with it as a way to do a bunch of good flashbacks - Sami meets with the Hollywood people over the course of multiple episodes and tells them the story of her life - and then they just decided not to for some reason. While I liked the flashbacks we got, they just scratched the surface. It was the same deal with the photo album - I appreciated the pictures we got, I liked that they included a couple of people who aren't currently on the canvas (Belle and Carrie), but the presentation was still somewhat perfunctory and there could have been more pictures. All My Children did the photo album so much better years and years ago (picture of a young James Scott included!) : 

But, all the real emotion among the cast members for AS's goodbye has really helped save a bunch of these scenes. I loved that Sami's last exchange was with Lucas. I adored the Kami we got - although, Marlena and Roman, worst timing ever! I hate you both! Sami was so close to getting Kate to crack and then her mostly-useless parents interrupt. Sigh. But I was amused at how Kate had gotten her walls back up at the end and tried to get away with that handshake, and Sami so didn't let her get away with that. Strange how a couple months ago I was so weirded out to see Kami hug, and now nothing seems more natural.

I'm really trying not to just delete my season pass, because there are some characters I still care about in the wake of AS's departure and I've appreciated seeing them all again - but they are all in such awful storylines that I have no desire to watch! And those storylines I don't hate are boring. So I don't know, I'll give it another week or so. But if I can't find something, then this show is off the Tivo until AS comes back for the 50th anniversary. I hope the show does better with flashbacks and montages for the anniversary than they did for AS's departure.

But complaining aside...Sami didn't end up with her rapist! I'll take it. Fare thee well, Samantha Gene Brady, and thanks for the many memories.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 9

Where Brady loses me completely is making the magical leap from Kristen telling him this self serving truth to being the one person who he can trust and who treats him like an adult. Brady should know that the only reason Kristen has done any of her good deeds to get him back. She only told him the truth to break up him and Theresa so she herself can hook up with Brady. Her motives were not altruistic. Same goes for the Jawn coma cure. John and Theresa's lie don't bring them down to Kristen's level of psycho. Kristen telling the truth about this one thing does not negate all the crap she did, which is what he seemed to be implying.

I'm pretty sure Brady decided that Dan was the person he could trust. Since he's about to find that trustworthy soul bumping uglies with Kristen (really, was everyone raised in a barn that they can't close doors?), that idea's going to be shot to hell.

Oh, and even though I cut it from the quote box, I completely agree with you about John being cruel and manipulative. Your own son? Dude, that's just harsh.

• Love 4

Still wondering why they showed whatsherface given an injection to EJ in the morgue.  I thought we would see some sort of evidence of him today in some way before Sami left the stage.  What a truly stupid, juvenile storyline with the Hollywood stuff - ugh.  But, as long as it keeps her creepy son away for awhile, it's cool.

At this point I think we all might as well give up trying to figure out the crap these writers put on screen. We all clearly put more thought into the show than they do. Both JS and AS's exits were totally lame. I feel sorry for both of them that the show couldn't write something better.  On top of that I have no idea what the point to all the rumors that EJ's death would be faked or the clues that the show threw in but went nowhere.  So I suppose we are now supposed to believe that Stef called up Kristin to go to the hospital morgue solely so she could inject him with some mystery serum so that his body wouldn't be cremated and then what???? Kristin carried 6 ft EJ out of the hospital in her high heel? 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 6

And speaking of Sneasel and Sonny.....poor Sonny.  It's bad enough that Sneasel is leaving him high and dry, but even worse that he's coming back.

I am praying to the heavens above that they recast the Will role, this guy is beyond bad.  He must be a relative of Corday, because he's been absolutely awful.  The over-acting, the weird faces, the bad clothes (I guess I shouldn't blame him for that but he must have some input) - ugh.  Kudos to whoever it is that plays Sonny because he is doing some damn fine acting when he has to get all lovey with this horrible version of Will.  Ugh, ugh, and more ugh.

• Love 2

Well, that was all kinds of weird. I can't recall if I've ever seen a good-bye or exit story for a character on this show done well, but still....both EJ's and Sami's exits have been weirdly anti-climactic. Maybe they didn't want us to get caught up in the moment? Roman's and Marlena's faces can't move but when Sami said "Daddy" I think it hit me that she's actually leaving. But up until that point I kept thinking maybe the show was punking us and maybe Sami really wasn't going anywhere because Sami and Hollywood? Whaaa?? (I guess because I've never seen or heard her ever mention anything about the place in the 22 years she's been on the show, that choice of location of all locations has struck me as odd. I at least thought she might wind up in Switzerland to get legal advice from Carrie). Hope's body going up into smoke in that explosion on that weird hanging station thingy Stephano had set up while Bo looked on seemed to make more sense than the Hollywood exit. Maybe the show is overconfident AS might come back...

I'll give cheers to the scenes between Sami and Kate, and Sami and Nicole, but those cheers go to the actresses, not the writers.

Are there even words for what is going on with Daniel and Kristen? Is Daniel just horny? (well, not "just" since his horniness is on another level of crude).  I can't even....I leave it up to the rest of you to mock this heartily.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Today's episode was a little off for me, probably because I had little interest in anything other than this being Sami's last day in Salem.  I'm going to miss the character and the actor.  Her scenes today with Kate and Lucas were sniffle-worthy IMO - especially that last hug with Kate.  I had trouble paying proper attention to the other storylines.

Brady is such an idiot and Jawn is such an idiot and I just don't care.  Theresa is worth 20 of each of them.  Hitting them both with a poker could only be an improvement.  I know we're supposed to see the rage in Brady when he bugs out his eyes and snorts out his lines but frankly he looks like a reject from a Ferdinand the Bull cartoon.  Jawn just looks like a reject.

EWWWW to the reptile mating going on in Dirty Dan's apartment.  Can you imagine the amount of dead skin those two are sloughing off in their frantic attempts go where no humans have gone before?  It's going to look like a cross between a snake's graveyard and a Selsun Blue commercial. 
And when those eggs hatch - WATCH OUT!!  IT'S ALIVE!!!!

At least Kate has DiMera Enterprises AND the mansion, so all is not lost. 

I'm going to miss those kids.  While I'm not a fan of kiddie storylines (to put it mildly) - I have enjoyed those kids, especially Johnny.

Thanks, Black Knight, for bringing that AMC video over!  AMC was so good for the first thirty years, and its last year.  But those 10 in between...Good memories in that clip, very good ones.

All My Children did the photo album so much better years and years ago (picture of a young James Scott included!) : 

But, all the real emotion among the cast members for AS's goodbye has really helped save a bunch of these scenes. I loved that Sami's last exchange was with Lucas. I adored the Kami we got - although, Marlena and Roman, worst timing ever! I hate you both! Sami was so close to getting Kate to crack and then her mostly-useless parents interrupt. Sigh. But I was amused at how Kate had gotten her walls back up at the end and tried to get away with that handshake, and Sami so didn't let her get away with that. Strange how a couple months ago I was so weirded out to see Kami hug, and now nothing seems more natural.

• Love 4

I'm going to miss those kids.  While I'm not a fan of kiddie storylines (to put it mildly) - I have enjoyed those kids, especially Johnny.

I am definitely going to miss Johnny, so adorable and loved watching him grow up before our eyes.  Good little actor. they should have found a way to keep him.  And why is Allie leaving when her father is right there?

• Love 2

OMG, the show was pre-empted yesterday in the Boston area because the city's beloved, former mayor Tom Mennino died yesterday morning. RIP, Mr. Mennino, who was very much the heart of Boston during his long tenure. BUT MY GOD -- of all the episodes to miss?? Now I have to find it online, ugh. 

Daniel isn't just a friend of Brady's, he a friend of Eric's! 

I'm disappointed that we didn't get an entire episode devoted to flashbacks of Sami slapping and being slapped. Lord knows there are enough of those to fill up an hour!

I think there were a few incidents of cakes flying between Carrie and Sami too. Call me immature, but those were funny.

• Love 4

Sami didn't end up with her rapist! Sami didn't end up with her rapist! Hell yeah! There are some things that disappoint me about this goodbye, and I'll get to those, but Sami not ending up with her rapist is so huge that I can live with everything else. If I had gotten everything else I wanted but then Sami got into the limo and came face-to-face with EJ, that would've ruined everything else for me.

That said, congratulations DAYS, on such a mediocre goodbye overall. I don't know how you can screw up when you have someone who has produced 22 years of memorable scenes, but you did. The weird thing about this Hollywood exit is that it feels like the writers came up with it as a way to do a bunch of good flashbacks - Sami meets with the Hollywood people over the course of multiple episodes and tells them the story of her life - and then they just decided not to for some reason. While I liked the flashbacks we got, they just scratched the surface. It was the same deal with the photo album - I appreciated the pictures we got, I liked that they included a couple of people who aren't currently on the canvas (Belle and Carrie), but the presentation was still somewhat perfunctory and there could have been more pictures. All My Children did the photo album so much better years and years ago (picture of a young James Scott included!) : 

I'm really trying not to just delete my season pass, because there are some characters I still care about in the wake of AS's departure and I've appreciated seeing them all again - but they are all in such awful storylines that I have no desire to watch! And those storylines I don't hate are boring. So I don't know, I'll give it another week or so. But if I can't find something, then this show is off the Tivo until AS comes back for the 50th anniversary. I hope the show does better with flashbacks and montages for the anniversary than they did for AS's departure.

But complaining aside...Sami didn't end up with her rapist! I'll take it. Fare thee well, Samantha Gene Brady, and thanks for the many memories.

When all is said and done, Sami went and got her scrapbook, which did not seem to include her rapist, and the rapist got left on the mantle for the butler to dust.  Very fitting.

• Love 5

Total, total superficial note. Alison finally found her perfect hair color. For too many years she was way too blond. It was literally one shade of platinum blond with no high or lo lights. Then a few months ago she went darker but it was too dark for her, but now it is the perfect shade and balance between blond and brunette to suit her coloring. Get it girl! Plus I love the curly look on her.

OMG, the show was pre-empted yesterday in the Boston area because the city's beloved, former mayor Tom Mennino died yesterday morning. RIP, Mr. Mennino, who was very much the heart of Boston during his long tenure. BUT MY GOD -- of all the episodes to miss?? Now I have to find it online, ugh. 

It is probably already youtube.

This Daniel/Kristin I don't know sex doesn't even seem like the right word to describe it is so incredibly disturbing. I wish there was an emoticon to accurately capture the look on my face while it was on my screen.

• Love 3

Allie is very protective of Sydney.  I'm glad the kids are together.  Johnny is struggling with the kind of man Eej was.  Strange though that she called him EJ not Daddy EJ or something, since Sydney has a nickname for Nicole. 

Someone mentioned earlier how Allie and Johnny don't look like twins.  She's bigger than Ciara, but the Kunitz twins, who are 9, look like 6 year olds.  I was surprised when he went running into EJ's arms to be picked up like a 4 year old. 

Gosh Aiden is cute.  I might finally be able to put two decades of bitchy Hope behind me. Ciara is a great little actress but I don't find self entitlement especially entertaining.  I'm glad she isn't getting Theo into trouble anymore.

Eric ran out of that room almost as fast as I would have. And oh lordy the moaning music is back.

I couldn't tell if Kristen was drowning or having sex.  We've seen awkward sex before but sheesh.  I finally decided it was intentionally funny.  I hated Kristin's character but I loved the camp.  And I thought her goodbye was pretty nice.  Exactly how long was dummy Brady going to stand there anyway?  So now he's going to drink again?  What an awful, spoiled manchild he is.Still, Jawn's REALLY STUPID plans continue to be terrible.

• Love 3

DOOL relies too much on flashbacks for my tastes. 

Does Yawn thinks that he's intimidating, so begging for Theresa to knock his ass back out again. Why is she going with Yawn and RoboMar to Mar's office, just because she said so? Please, would have told her to suck eggs. Yawn would be arrested for making a fake report when he knew the truth, so he really is an idiot and we see where Brady gets his intelligence from. 

Brady continues to show his dumbness by running to Kristen, just because she was telling the truth. Forever a dumbass.

JJ, AbiFail doesn't want to talk to you because you're not going to make the conversation all about AbiFail. This JJ/Boring Bimbo story is just so lame and I absolutely hate it. It's boring me to tears. I find it too convenient how the doors to homes are so thin people can hear conversations from within. Why even bother having a door?

Eric is so adorable when he's shy. 

$40 knockoff of a $500 bag. Have to love Anne. lol

• Love 3

This JJ/Paige whatever whatever storyline is so bad. Why must a gaggle of adults be tortuously brought into a teen storyline to give it faux angst? The same thing could be accomplished with Rory/Bev/Mary Beth playing the spoilers rather than the adults. I find it kind of creepy that a bunch of 40-somethings, half of whom aren't even related to the kids in question, are so invested in whether two 18-year olds are going to keep seeing each other.

And this whole "is JJ the same as Jack" through line would be a whole lot more interesting if Jack were actually on canvas.

• Love 3
I know!  I thought the same thing!  I don't see why Allie had to go, too, since Lucas is still in Salem!

It seems to me like Sami has primary physical custody of Allie? i.e. Allie lives with her and Lucas has visitation. So I think it was the clear choice that Allie go with her mother and siblings since that's her household. It's better that she be with them, especially during this time. Lucas travels a lot for his work and doesn't take Allie with him on those trips, so if Sami hadn't taken Allie she would've had to be left with other family members in Salem whenever Lucas was away, which really doesn't seem ideal to me. Better she stay with her mother, and her siblings whom she clearly did not want to be parted from.

The Ari situation is murkier. I do think it was the right choice for Ari to go with Will, but not because he's the biological father or the better parent per se, only that he can do his work from home and Sonny can't. In situations where both parents are fit and have good relationships with their child, I tend to favor the one who can spend more time with the child.

• Love 2

I find it too convenient how the doors to homes are so thin people can hear conversations from within. Why even bother having a door?

This reminds me of something I want to bitch about. I am so damn friggin' tired of Days using the tired old soap opera trope of eavesdropping to move major story. It is the most lazy and unimaginative way to get things from point A to B and they do it all the time. I don't mind it once in a while but damn, it is like every month someone has their ear perked up listening in on someone else's private convo.  I feel like every major story had some aspect of that. Didn't Sami find out about Abby and EJ that way? Jen just eavesdropped on Dan and JJ which caused a break up of a relationship that wasn't. Blank Page eavesdropped on Kayla. Brady eavesdropped on John and Theresa confirming what Kristen had high-tech eavesdropped on Theresa and Anne. It just never ends. There just always seems to be someone lurking somewhere listening in on a conversation. Ridiculous!

• Love 5

Are there even words for what is going on with Daniel and Kristen? Is Daniel just horny? (well, not "just" since his horniness is on another level of crude).  I can't even....I leave it up to the rest of you to mock this heartily.

WTF are some good words to describe it. EWW would be right up there too.  It makes as much sense as the Ejabby affair. Makes you wonder if the writers and Corday just randomly jump into bed with people they don't even really like and thus they think this is normal or they are just so bad at writing a decent plot that they are just throwing stuff out to see what sticks for shock value. 

Either way this was my last day for the show. I only tuned in on a final desperate hope that Sami met up w/EJ as a Halloween treat to the Ejami fans that they have screwed over for the last year. So since that was a bust, I guess my last burning question for this show is....

What is the deal with Brady's women not taking off their bra during sex??? I mean, seriously, Theresa doesn't and apparently Kristin doesn't either. 

• Love 1

Isn't there some kind of bro code Daniel should be following? -- thou shalt not sleep with the woman who raped your friend???

Again, I know this is Days,  but because Daniel initially went so far out of his way to try and help Eric with whatever it was Nicole was investigating, it really defies logic for him to want to sleep with Kristen.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Sami's exit story has had it's highlights (Kumi, Sami confronting EJ in jail, Sami exposing Abifail), but mostly it's been mediocre at best. In her final episodes we should have gotten way more flashbacks instead of useless scenes involving Jawn, Abistank, Jen, Unwashed Hippie, Priest Rapist, and dumbass Brady. Sami's final scenes with Lucas and Kate were everything and even Marlena managed to not be completely cold and unmotherly. I am genuinely surprised and extremely pleased that Sami didn't end up with piece of shit EJ. Kudos to the writers for making the right decision.

The Unwashed Hippie and Priest Rapist are disgusting. Maybe now people will stop acting like Dr Feel Good is the best thing since sliced bread. Unfortunately, I don't think dumbass Brady will have finally learned his lesson about Kristen. If/when she comes back I assume he will fall for her bullshit once again. Definitely not looking forward to Racoon Jen shrieking for months about how Dan "betrayed" her.

If Kristen had even once decent bone in her body she would stop by the hospital on her way out of town and drug Jawn back into a coma.

• Love 7

I think Sami will be back.  Allison Sweeny is big in soap world and that Biggest Loser thing but I don't think she will ever have a hit like Days. They're probably taping her return to Salem right now.

I totally expected flashbacks.  Her exit was so flat. 

I never liked the actress or the character. It's sad to see an "oldie" go but I'll be fine.