Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So after how many months, they say a few prayers and it's over???? I haven't seen the show, just read a recap, but if it is truly over, that is very underwhelming. Or Father Eric is just that good! I am thinking it is not really over yet. Maybe for Marlena, but there are so many other options in Salem. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

“As soon as we hung up last night, I booked my flight.”  If only Nicole had known that’s what it takes to get Eric to come home. “Honey, your mother’s possessed again.”

Only worse than the doctor shortage in Salem is the unavailable local priests that John had to fly one in from Africa, without any back-up.

“I don’t think he should be in there alone fighting the devil.” That might have been the smartest thing to ever come out of Brady’s mouth.

The fact that the devil can use Kristin to temp two step-brothers and their step-father/father just takes family relations a step (no pun intended) too far. Eww.

I guess Belle doesn’t realize that the devil could have just knocked out the chief of staff at Shady Pines the same way she did Kayla.  

As if the Horton Christmas celebration wasn’t strange enough, the Brady-Black family exorcism gives whole new meaning to the word togetherness.

I kept expecting Rachel to walk in and say, “Oh Grandma, what glowing eyes you have.” Where was Rachel on Christmas morning anyways?

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

The fact that the devil can use Kristin to temp two step-brothers and their step-father/father just takes family relations a step (no pun intended) too far. Eww.

And talking of the poor handling of rape in general and male rape in particular on this show… Kristen has actually raped John and both of the men he raised. It’s an incredibly warped hat trick even by soap opera standards. 

Back in the 90s, she used a magic mirror to hypnotize John so he’d have sex with her thinking she was Marlena. She was trying to get pregnant to replace the baby she’d miscarried.

Then there was the infamous drugging and raping of Father Eric for some indistinct revenge on Marlena.

Then she put on a Nicole mask to have sex with Brady under false pretenses and somehow wound up pregnant with Rachel 25 years after she couldn’t get pregnant by John. I know there has been some attempt to massage this and say Brady had to have known it was Kristen rather than Nicole, but I just don’t accept that considering Kristen’s historic willingness to rape and Brady’s historic stupidity.

I wish this show would issue a five-year moratorium on all consent issue stories. Sometimes it feels like it doesn’t have anything else. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Panopticon said:

I wish this show would issue a five-year moratorium on all consent issue stories. Sometimes it feels like it doesn’t have anything else. 

Almost every  Brady female on the show has been raped.

Kim, Kayla, Marlena, Hope, Sami, Stephanie, Theresa, Ciara, Allie

43 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Loved today. It was hilarious but also kinda poignant and had some good performances. I don't know whether I want that to actually be it or if I want MarDevil to be tricking everyone,

I thought the same, hilarious and poignant at the end. But I definitely want it to be the end.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I find GV a million times better looking than JA.

I've always found GV handsome, going back to his time as Lucky Spencer on General Hospital and when he was on Charmed.

3 hours ago, buffynut said:

I don't know, I'm not convinced it's over.   I kept thinking "don't untie her, yet". 

Even if it did work, and I see the reasoning for doing it on Christmas day, but what pathetic Christmas shows we got this year.  The angel tree top burning, then everyone hanging ornaments like it never happened.  Kayla and Steven doing the kid's hospital reading to no actual kids (yes, I know Covid).  Nicole spending Christmas day at the police station with EJ.  Marlena's family gathering to do an exorcism. (great to see Eric though)  Paulina still Christmas shopping on Christmas morning,.  Allie and Johnny bickering instead of opening gifts with Henry.  And there's probably more.  At least Christmas fell on the weekend, so no shows actually aired on Christmas day.

Is that the traditional Horton Christmas reading?  The last Horton I can recall doing this was Nathan.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Almost every  Brady female on the show has been raped.

Kim, Kayla, Marlena, Hope, Sami, Stephanie, Theresa, Ciara, Allie

That list is such a damning indictment.    😡🤢   Can someone remind me the circumstances (who/when/why) of the following rapes:   Marlena / Hope / Stephanie

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I've always found GV handsome, going back to his time as Lucky Spencer on General Hospital and when he was on Charmed.

Is that the traditional Horton Christmas reading?  The last Horton I can recall doing this was Nathan.

That list is such a damning indictment.    😡🤢   Can someone remind me the circumstances (who/when/why) of the following rapes:   Marlena / Hope / Stephanie

Marlena was sort of seeing Kellam Chandler and one night he wanted to sleep with her and she didn't so he raped her.

Hope was kidnapped and brainwashed into thinking that she was Gina. During one of this altered state of thinking she was Princess Gina in order to protect her beloved John,, she slept with Stefano.

Stephanie while in college was drugged by Ford Decker who raped her while she was incapacitated.

Can someone explain what Gianni/John did to Allie (other than marry Chanel) that she treats him like crap? Because the fact she was warning Chanel of Gianni and calling him just as bad as his dad was some low blows given that they're twins/siblings. She's really putting another woman above her bond with her brother? And if so, then too bad so sad that you missed out on being a woman and embracing your love for Chanel rather than play it safe with Tripp. That's not Gianni's fault.  It also really feels like their fathers' bad blood has been passed down for them to battle it out which is just sad. The better play to me on their relationship would be for them to be super close and united in spite of Sami bouncing back and forth between Lucas and EJ.  Allie really is her mother's daughter and in some ways Gianni can take after his father (can be a snarky hot head) but so far I'm way more team Gianni in all of this and worry about how it will all shake out; I can totally see Allie working to break them up/seduce Chanel away with no regard for Tripp or Gianni's feelings.

Lovely end family scene after Marlena's exorcism but no way do I think it's over that easily. I'm calling it now - we didn't see a happy memory of Marlena and Eric and I think that's significant with the reveal ultimately being that Eric is now possessed.  No one expects him to stay in town so his leaving wouldn't be seen as out of character; the Devil using a man of God as a Trojan Horse to get out of dodge is too delicious a play to pass up for The Devil.  The audience would be primed to be worried about Eric but also KNOW that he'd be returning after recuperating and regrouping for Ben/Ciara's baby to be born as well as the speculated back-up baby of Jan/Shawn. 

A possessed Eric going OFF on his family as well as a showdown with Kristin? That would be something to see. And then bringing Nicole into the story to be the one of all people to reach Eric while possessed to save his soul? Sami would have to shut up on her Nicole hate for a hot second! And it really would be a great moment for Ericole as she proves her to be his soulmate in her saving him in the end.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Marlena was raped by Kellam Chandler, a man she was getting to know romantically, he made sexual advances, she refused him and he raped her.  

Hope was raped by Stefano after she was brainwashed into believing that she was Princess Gina, he actually believed that he had fathered her late son Zack. He had him kidnapped and switched with another baby and gave Zack to Lexie.  So it is why I never cared when Hope killed that piece of shit. There were people on this board who were aghast that she did that.. 

Stefanie was raped by a guy on her college campus.. He was a serial rapist and had raped other ladies.

Carrie is another Brady female that was almost sexually assaulted.

Carrie was almost molested as a child by her great-uncle Eric, who had raped her aunt Kim for years as a child. He was grooming her to be his next victim and Kim recognized the signs and saved her little niece.  It was one of the reasons Kim went public with her own molestation.  She realized that keeping quiet was allowing her molester to continue to be a danger to children.  Uncle Eric was actually caught as an elderly man trying to prey on children. Sherry Anderson who wrote this story was very avant-garde in writing this story in the early 80's..

Carrie was almost raped as an adult by that guy who raped Sami..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3

The exorcisms shown on the Fox tv series 'The Exorcist' were pretty brutal. Fathers Marcus and Tomas had a tough time.  Hard work. This was tame. Too easy. Nice to see the original Kristen - well, to use the old flashbacks. The prayers? Hmmmm. It is a soap and there is no budget for bile spewing, profanity, nasty stuff coming out, probably some Latin. But it was still a nice Christmas miracle. Juxtaposed with Patchy Claus, Mrs. Claus with a big forehead cut. 

Allie still seems way over the top in her reaction to her brother and friend's marriage. What are we missing. Nice of Tripp and Chanel to take Henry to the hospital. He probably could be in an actual stroller now instead of the big buggy.

That was really fast for Eric to be reinstated as a priest. Keeps him off the canvas of availability. Did like the old flashbacks of him and Kristen. He looked so young.

Too bad Lucas didn't cough up the truth about kidnapping Sami.

I liked the professional slut defending the junior slut line. At least Mardevil had some good lines. Hope the stupid story is over, unless the Devil is moving on to another unsuspecting Salemite. Like Eric. As another poster said, there was no happy flashback of him and Doc. That would be a promising storyline.

• Love 10

Does anyone know how long it took the first possession storyline to play out? This current one seems kind of short if it is indeed the end. I did take a while for the family to get a clue this time around but once they did it moved rather quickly and “ending” today. I thought they would drag the exorcism out a whole week but it’s almost like they only had Greg Vaughn for a day or two to do it but I thought he was long term this time. It was well acted by the “family” and everyone holding on but then poof it was over. The line where MarDevil called her daughters Senior and Junior slut, whores or whatever was hysterical. Although, she was a little hypocritical when it came to the boys. Even in a exorcism the woman get trashed and the men get off Scott free.

Random thought……I always thought Greg Vaughn was really tall until Eric Martsolf stood next to him. Man! Martsolf is huge. I still prefer Greg Vaughn though. 

• Love 2

Now that Marlena is Devil free, you think the whole bunch will go out for some chowder at the Brady Pub and exchange some of their "when Grandma was possessed" stories?

If Holly runs into Eric, will she call him "Father Father"?

Is Eric's return to the priesthood sorta like how you get miles when you fly a lot?  Can he be upgraded to Bishop?

I'm left with so many questions!

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Retired at last said:

So after how many months, they say a few prayers and it's over???? I haven't seen the show, just read a recap, but if it is truly over, that is very underwhelming.

I watched and was underwhelmed.  It's probably not really the end, but then I thought the Philip-framing-Brady story was going to be interesting and long lasting, and then it ended in a whimper.  Maybe that was it for this story, too?  So many good opportunities for real drama and character development just wasted.  It's bizarre and irritating but sadly typical of Ron C.'s writing.

However, I did enjoy Steve and Kayla today and the flashback with the anchor necklace.  That was well done and very sweet.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Kristen has actually raped John and both of the men he raised. It’s an incredibly warped hat trick even by soap opera standards. 

I was about to question this...but then I remembered the hypno mirror she used to bed John after she miscarried, and how he thought he was doing Marlena. So....yeah. Wow. She did technically rape all three.

🤢🤢🤢

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Does anyone know how long it took the first possession storyline to play out?

From what I could tell when I rewatched parts of it recently, Marlena was tied to a bed for a good three weeks as John tried to do the exorcism, and various characters came and went (she tricked a visiting Carrie, at one point). 

Though the devil didn't kill anyone, the threat of what might happen was huge. He did throw Stefano off a balcony, for instance. It was just scarier. Again, the music, pacing and editing was better. Now, Ron gives characters one-liners and makes it sound like not even they are taking it seriously...so why should we?

This version has been hugely weak by comparison. The best part was John chained up, but even that was marred by cheese and stupidity.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Booooo-ooooooeeesss....!

disappointed dog GIF

Really!! Come on Disneyboy, I know you love Eric as a character, but you can’t see how really very boring he is and the hypocrisy of it all?? Are you not even a tad bit upset that he couldn’t find it in his heart to forgive Nicole…but worse than that, he adopts Holly, after marrying “love of his life” ( breaking his priesthood vows, yet can’t let Nicole off the hook for breaking marriage vows) but doesn’t have the least bit of decency even to contact her and at least have some sort of relationship with the child, and instead, runs off to Africa, to help other children in need. This is why I can’t stomach him. 
I think he’s a boring, self righteous asshat. He and Sami have much in common, sans the boring part.

Boes speaks the truth..and constantly hits the nail on the head in the most hilarious way!! I say 🙌 to Boes

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I was about to question this...but then I remembered the hypno mirror she used to bed John after she miscarried, and how he thought he was doing Marlena. So....yeah. Wow. She did technically rape all three.

🤢🤢🤢

Ahh, not even if it’s ED Kristen?? 😉 

• Love 2

Me too! Those one liners were spot on! I’ve already erased DVR ep, but didn’t she say something about Eric and Brady? It was also spot on, if IRC..something about sappy and weak, although that could have been wishful thinking  🤔 , on my part, although so true.

Also, someone mentioned upthread that maybe devil is now Eric. Now that I can get on board with! How fun that would  be, except for the part where Nicole saves him. That would suck the devils balls!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Since I suck at multiple quoting, I’m just going to give my thoughts on Allie’s ridiculous hatred of Johnny.

I don’t understand her comments on his treatment of girls. She also had her fun time abroad w/“bestie” Chanel. I’m  not talking about her being sexually active, but when Chanel came to Salem, did they not brag about being party girls, using guys to get drinks, etc. And isn’t that how she ended up getting raped? Being wasted isn’t a crime, and by all means does not condone  a rape!
However, She insisted it was Trip, with no evidence, unti finding out poor Trippy, had the same dna as unknown bro, Charlie.

Then she decides to have a relationship with him. Yep, he’s a great NannyDaddy.  A better parent to Henry(blanket) than she is. They have no chemistry, and seems to me she totally takes advantage of his infatuation”rescue complex” with her. 
Back to Johnny and Chanel. Allie just wants what they have (although, it seems way too soon for marriage) Johnny isn’t wrong, I think she wants Chanel more than Tripp. She has also taken advantage of Chanel, who gave her a job, even after Allie’s floppy flop , wanting Chanel, then oopsie, now she’s in love w/Trip.

Allie is Sami/Ej 2.0.  She doesn’t want to be, so she’s the boring, lifeless version of her mom. 
She’s not protecting/defending  her so called friend. She’s just envious Chanel and wants what she doesn’t have.

Shame on her for calling out her twin on his behavior, when she has no room to talk!

Wish Trip was wise enough to realize she’s not the one for him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Really!! Come on Disneyboy, I know you love Eric as a character, but you can’t see how really very boring he is and the hypocrisy of it all?? Are you not even a tad bit upset that he couldn’t find it in his heart to forgive Nicole…but worse than that, he adopts Holly, after marrying “love of his life” ( breaking his priesthood vows, yet can’t let Nicole off the hook for breaking marriage vows) but doesn’t have the least bit of decency even to contact her and at least have some sort of relationship with the child, and instead, runs off to Africa, to help other children in need. This is why I can’t stomach him. 
I think he’s a boring, self righteous asshat. He and Sami have much in common, sans the boring part.

Boes speaks the truth..and constantly hits the nail on the head in the most hilarious way!! I say 🙌 to Boes

Ahh, not even if it’s ED Kristen?? 😉 

Look, Eric's gotten shitty writing in many ways for years now. Him even being a priest in the first place was random considering his sexually active youth and total lack of interest in the seminary when JA played him. Then, they had Eric and Nicole carping at each other for the better part of several years over nonsense, and then all of this "he doesn't know how to be married/loves his African village duties more than his wife" crap was concocted to (poorly) cover for GV's exit.

I realize at a certain point you can't easily say a character is great if you have to hand-wave years of plots, but I generally like Eric and see how good he and Nicole could be if they'd ever just write them as a couple instead of breaking them up over and over and over and over again. Why not let him be a photographer again? Why the constant focus on the angst? It's annoying...

...but I welcome him back to the show because he brings chemistry to the plate and intensity. I don't love everything about GV, but I'm glad for the things he does well. And the show should let him have more fun.

ED's Kristen is amazing, period. But damn, when you list all the rape stuff like that, it's upsetting. Of course all of it in this show is upsetting. I think to even watch DOOL you have to ignore it to some degree. It's overwhelming, especially when listed.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I kept expecting Rachel to walk in and say, “Oh Grandma, what glowing eyes you have.” Where was Rachel on Christmas morning anyways?

I thought it was strange that Shawn wasn't there.  I guess he's "only" a son-in-law, but Brady is "only" Marlena's stepson.  (It took me way too long to figure out that there were at least two people in that room that were whole siblings - Sami and Eric.  Even the other set of twins aren't, and it's so weird.)

As for the exorcism itself, it was so laughable that I hated it.  Poorly written, poorly acted, over in less than 3 minutes... though I guess that's a fitting "end" to this horrid storyline.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Random thought……I always thought Greg Vaughn was really tall until Eric Martsolf stood next to him. Man! Martsolf is huge. I still prefer Greg Vaughn though. 

Eric Martsolf is 6'2", according to the interwebs, and Greg Vaughn is 6'0".  (James Scott and Casey Diedrick are 6'4", and they are the tallest that I can find in my 30 second Google search.  Most of the other actors I also consider tall came in at 6'1" - 6'2".)  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Can someone explain what Gianni/John did to Allie (other than marry Chanel) that she treats him like crap?

From what I remember, when Johnny first came back to town - from Allie's stories - he's a womanizer who has hurt a good number of her friends.  She even knows his MO, when she asked Chanel if they went to the restaurant where he's known and did he order in Italian for her, etc.  I get that people don't like Allie, but I don't like Johnny, so I don't blame her for her dislike of him.  He seems super slimy to me.  He's rich, handsome, and a sweet-talker - the three main ingredients in a classic douchebag.  

• Love 7

Eric to Brady, "Thank you for coming. I was starting to fall."

Are we to interpret this line as Eric was thinking of having sex with the illusion of the woman who videotaped raping him, in the body of his mother, who is possessed by the Devil?

Salem is probably safer with that man not being in charge of their eternal souls.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Right! EM and DH were both so noticeably taller than GV I thought they must have been standing on something. I've never noticed them towering over anyone before. 

46 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I get that people don't like Allie, but I don't like Johnny, so I don't blame her for her dislike of him.  

I like them both and I also don't have a problem with what she's said about him. Obviously, part of it is because they're still kinda hedging their bets on Chanel/Allie. Like, maybe Allie really is jealous and that's why she's so aggressive with it. But also, just because Johnny's her brother doesn't mean she can't be angry about how he treats women.

• Love 10

A few changes in the end-of-show cast list from yesterday:

Eli has been dropped to recurring.

Jack is back listed as contract. Placed behind Nicole Walker (they changed her back from Brady a few weeks ago.)

Abigail looks to be back on contract. Listed after Jake and before Ava.

Philip is surprisingly still listed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I watched and was underwhelmed.  It's probably not really the end, but then I thought the Philip-framing-Brady story was going to be interesting and long lasting, and then it ended in a whimper.  Maybe that was it for this story, too?  So many good opportunities for real drama and character development just wasted.  It's bizarre and irritating but sadly typical of Ron C.'s writing.

However, I did enjoy Steve and Kayla today and the flashback with the anchor necklace.  That was well done and very sweet.

Agree. What really sticks out at me about Ron's storylines is that he often starts with something that has potential, but then it tends to flounder in execution, the pacing is WAY off, and he wraps up either too quickly or prematurely.  I too thought the Phillip/Brady framing was going to be a longer story arc and that the exorcism was underwhelming.  Charlie's murder mystery would be another with terrible pacing. 

I too wonder if it's really "the end" or this is just a lull. After all, the devil came for CIN's baby, and Ciara's nowhere near her due date.  Dropping that angle now would seem like another plot hole and continuity error in this story arc that's already been full of them.  If the CIN baby delivery isn't marred by supernatural forces, I'm going to be seriously bummed.

8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

From what I could tell when I rewatched parts of it recently, Marlena was tied to a bed for a good three weeks as John tried to do the exorcism, and various characters came and went (she tricked a visiting Carrie, at one point). 

Though the devil didn't kill anyone, the threat of what might happen was huge. He did throw Stefano off a balcony, for instance. It was just scarier. Again, the music, pacing and editing was better. Now, Ron gives characters one-liners and makes it sound like not even they are taking it seriously...so why should we?

Yes, I also remember Marlena's exorcism lasting quite a while as well as the various visitors (even Stefano and Tony/Andre) stopping by to see the freak show.  I didn't see it every day back then so I can't recall how long it went on from the very start (burning of the town Christmas tree?) to finish, but the story definitely had more meat than this one.  

6 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Since I suck at multiple quoting, I’m just going to give my thoughts on Allie’s ridiculous hatred of Johnny.

I don’t understand her comments on his treatment of girls. She also had her fun time abroad w/“bestie” Chanel. I’m  not talking about her being sexually active, but when Chanel came to Salem, did they not brag about being party girls, using guys to get drinks, etc. And isn’t that how she ended up getting raped? Being wasted isn’t a crime, and by all means does not condone  a rape!
However, She insisted it was Trip, with no evidence, unti finding out poor Trippy, had the same dna as unknown bro, Charlie.

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

From what I remember, when Johnny first came back to town - from Allie's stories - he's a womanizer who has hurt a good number of her friends.  She even knows his MO, when she asked Chanel if they went to the restaurant where he's known and did he order in Italian for her, etc.  I get that people don't like Allie, but I don't like Johnny, so I don't blame her for her dislike of him.  He seems super slimy to me.  He's rich, handsome, and a sweet-talker - the three main ingredients in a classic douchebag.  

At the risk of sounding contradictory, I generally agree with both of the above posts.  I think the problem is the characters who have not been sufficiently fleshed out for the kind of heated storytelling they are presumably going for.  I find that the dynamics between Allie and Johnny fall flat. I think it's both a chemistry issue between the actors and a storytelling problem--as in more "tell" is happening than "show."  The viewers haven't seen the twins interactions over the last few years so we missed both Johnny's hurtful womanizing as well as Allie's party days. They probably should have been SORASed to teenagers first where their "backstories" played out for these current 20-something stories to have more impact today.  Also the change in actresses w/Chanel has made this story wishy-washy too. Original Chanel was a 'girls just wanna have fun,' 'live off mommy's dime,' and don't take life or love too seriously gal. But nuChanel is more serious and vulnerable and wants something deeper. This also changed the dynamics, but it was too instantaneous to be any kind of character development/growth thing. Personally, I keep finding myself missing the "Horton and Dupree" fun friendship, the Chanel who was more of a character who fueled impulsive schemes (and who could have worked well in other story arcs) rather than the character who's stuck between Allie and Johnny, neither of which is a prize.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

At the risk of sounding contradictory, I generally agree with both of the above posts.  ...

I don't actually think it's contradictory - IMO, there is a huge difference between using a guy to get drinks at a bar or party, and lying to a girl to get her into bed or let her think there's a real relationship there when there isn't.  Also, I suppose in Allie's defense, she had Henry and had to grow up, but it remains to be seen (to both her and the audience) if Johnny has as well.  Maybe he has and she's out of line; time will tell.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

On a shallow note about today's show:  I noticed what people were wearing:  Sami looked Chic with her classic suit & hair pulled back,  Nicole looked so pretty in the flowing blue silk dress that brought out her blue eyes, Maggie looked lovely in that green blouse & green coat(I want her blouse),  but the 2 weird outfits were Jennifer wearing a white poufy sleeve dress with a beige bra over it?! And Abigails' red smocked poufy sleeve dress was not attractive(are poufy sleeves a "thing" now?)  The men looked good today too, I liked Lucas' white fitted sweater and Matt's blue sweater brought out his blue eyes.  The best scenes were:  Eric & Nicole, Sami & Lucas, Maggie & Xander

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

On a shallow note about today's show:  I noticed what people were wearing:  Sami looked Chic with her classic suit & hair pulled back

Sami looked great but then she added that white coat to her outfit and she moved onto looking Fabulous!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

So yesterday was Christmas Day, and today is New Year's Eve. And Jennifer has either been at an Octoberfest celebration or in Austria with the von Trapp family in the days in between? 🤔

Knowing it's Missy, I think it's more likely she was in Austria

chasing the von Trapp family.

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like them both and I also don't have a problem with what she's said about him. Obviously, part of it is because they're still kinda hedging their bets on Chanel/Allie. Like, maybe Allie really is jealous and that's why she's so aggressive with it. But also, just because Johnny's her brother doesn't mean she can't be angry about how he treats women.

My main problem is the only time I see Allie on any setting other than "sullen" or "bored" is when she's angry at Johnnie.  Even this supposed attraction to Chanel is pretty lackluster.

Siblings often get stuck with reputations, deserved or not, that other siblings hang on them and won't ever discard, long after any truth to them have dissipated.  Johnnie may be a shit, though I've seen no real sign of it since he showed up.  But that doesn't make Allie's assessment of him either accurate or appropriate.

She's Julie without the energy.

• Love 6

It just makes me sad. Johnny and Allie are twins who were close as children. This is the same Allie that told Johnny when he was going into surgery where he may lose his other eye, "If you can't see, I'll see for you."

Now the way Allie acts and talks about Johnny, I think that she would be more than likely to push him into moving traffic if he was blind.

And all of this because of her repressed feelings for Chanel. Someone that previously coming to Salem, she was not attracted to but had fun partying and clubbing. That is the basis of their friendship and then Chanel telling Allie that she was into her.

Maybe Johnny has slept around with a bunch of girls and dumped them afterwards. So what? Allie had already warned Chanel and she still ended up dating and eventually marrying him. It is none of Allie's business and makes her seem like a sore loser.

• Love 8

Nicole looked ridiculous today. I was rolling. 

I continue to love EJ so very much. However, this is the second time he has looked like he has pink eye and I wanna know what's up with that lol.

Jennifer's outfit was amazing in it's sheer insanity.

I honestly don't even remember anything else. How strange to not even have any follow up to the exorcism.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I honestly don't even remember anything else. How strange to not even have any follow up to the exorcism.

They did. Nicole was reading an article for the Spectator online how Fr Eric saved Marlena from the devil via exorcism.

Meanwhile, if I am a citizen of Salem, I would be a little bit concerned that this was considered news. A so-called exorcism by a once defrocked priest. I cannot take it seriously no matter how many characters act like the devil is a real thing.

• Love 5
Just now, nilyank said:

They did. Nicole was reading an article for the Spectator online how Fr Eric saved Marlena from the devil via exorcism.

But no Marlena herself nor anyone involved outside of Eric and his scene was more about Nicole and his relationship. Very odd.

• Love 3

Lucas is so sad and pathetic trying to get Sami to believe it was EJ and grasping at anything.

Gwen and Lucas should be together. Both are lying criminals to get what they want and frame others.

Why is Jack acting like he cares about Abby? He's been choosing Gwen and excusing her lies and crimes the entire time. 

So today is New Years eve,  but yesterday was Christmas day. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

So today is New Years eve,  but yesterday was Christmas day. 

Chad did note that a week had gone by, so at least they addressed it. I actually can't think of many other times aside from the time jump that they acknowledged more than a day had gone by from the previous episode. 

• Love 2