Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Acutally she did with Sami and EJ. Nicole could not stand that Sami was having EJ's child when she lost her child and engineer to steal Sydney. 

I don't think this will happen this time because she has Holly but I don't think she would be all that pleased that another woman is having a child with the man that she loves when it would be difficult for Nicole do so for herself.

Except Nicole has a child with someone who isn't Eric if Holly were Eric's that would make more sense but she's Daniel's. Now if Nicole were childless I agree she would go back to her old tricks here.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

Part of the show was interrupted by news here.  

Is Xander going along with Kristin’s plan ?

Did Jennifer escape  or did the doctor move her ?

did Ben do anything heroic?

is Julie still annoying @boes?

is Kristin the same age as Marlena & John ?

Kristen is younger than John and Marlena. She is more in the "in between age". Younger than them, but old enough not to be their child.

Kristen is early 50's. She is in the Hope/Jennifer age range. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Kristen is younger than John and Marlena. She is more in the "in between age". Younger than them, but old enough not to be their child.

Kristen is early 50's. She is in the Hope/Jennifer age range. 

Yes, Kristen is in her 50s. She should NOT be getting pregnant naturally.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Now hold on a second.  Like his Magic Mask, perhaps Dr Rolf has designed a Magic Womb that Kristin can wear making her as capable of carrying a child as a 20-something.  Just because we haven't heard about it yet doesn't mean there won't be one of those flashback scenes they use to fill in their giant plot holes.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, tribeca said:

Part of the show was interrupted by news here.  

Is Xander going along with Kristin’s plan ?

No. Threatening to tell Sarah and Sarah walks in. 

Did Jennifer escape  or did the doctor move her ?

Most likely doctor moved her but not clear.

did Ben do anything heroic?

Not on Friday.

is Julie still annoying @boes?

No Julie Friday. 

is Kristin the same age as Marlena & John ? She’s ancient, no clue on age.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Was there another actor playing Dr. Shah originally? I didn’t know who Jennifer’s captor was because I had never seen him before. 

There was. The original actor wasn't available for these episodes and someone else was brought in. It's a bit unfortunate because of how much things escalated with this appearance for Dr. Shah, some continuity might have helped this make slightly more sense.

• Love 3

The Dr. Shah and Jennifer stuff is just plain silly. If these two had actually  had something together it might be a little interesting, but nothing ever really developed to make this man go to these extremes. Besides all these kidnappings in the past few months have become old and boring.

• Love 12

Didn't Jennifer go through this with her last boyfriend before Eric? I forget the character's name.

Seems so random with Dr. Shah. The original actor was a great find. They should of just incorporated him into the show as a cast member, a sane one. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Sidney said:

The Dr. Shah and Jennifer stuff is just plain silly. If these two had actually  had something together it might be a little interesting, but nothing ever really developed to make this man go to these extremes. Besides all these kidnappings in the past few months have become old and boring.

Right!  Andwhile Jennifer has been slowly inching herself back to being a rootable character, for the longest time -the Dr. Dan, slap-happy era - she was the last person anyone would want to spend that much one-on-one time with.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Didn't Jennifer go through this with her last boyfriend before Eric? I forget the character's name.

Seems so random with Dr. Shah. The original actor was a great find. They should of just incorporated him into the show as a cast member, a sane one. 

Liam and I don't think they even dated either. That being said Days doesn't care for sane characters as far as frontburning characters.

• Love 2
On 9/20/2019 at 4:58 PM, Silver Raven said:

Doctor "Cramer", huh?

I'm pretty sure my "Ucch" was audible -- both times this name came up in the scene. Enough, already. If half as much energy went into writing an actual story as currently goes into cutesy bullshit like this, this show would be transformed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

What is the signification of Dr.Cramer ? 

Cramer was the last name of Kassie DePaiva (Not!Eve) and Robin Strasser's (Nu/TempViv) characters on OLTL, where they were aunt and niece. OLTL is DEAD, Ron! Make like Elsa from Frozen and LET IT GO!!!!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Cramer was the last name of Kassie DePaiva (Not!Eve) and Robin Strasser's (Nu/TempViv) characters on OLTL, where they were aunt and niece. OLTL is DEAD, Ron! Make like Elsa from Frozen and LET IT GO!!!!

Dead?  Not in this show.  Nothin' but nothin' dies in Salem, except hope.  No, not that Hope.

I enjoyed the Cramer reference myself - I can't be content only with Julie on her deathbed

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

It's  ridiculous that Kayla is always everyone's sounding board on the show instead of having a nice little story of her own.This silly plot between Dr. Shah and Jennifer could have been the doctor and Kayla becoming attractive to one another and letting things develop to cause some conflict by the time Steve shows up. You know, a character driven story instead of all this endless science fiction crap!

• Love 6

Ron doesn’t know how to or write for women who aren’t crazy bitches or stupid  man props. Notice every woman with a brain or spunk has been written out or watered down to white knight some dude or play a sounding board and all the lead stories are centered on a deranged woman. It’s still not as horrible as Y&R though, which a junior high schooler’s fan fic would be actually preferable. 

Back to today I did think PT/Xander did well conveying his concern over Sarah. I don’t know where Lucas is going with giving Kate’s heart to Julie at the end.  I sure as hell hope not. 

Vivian’s witness protection program wig is giving Lani a run for her money. I’ve seen better shit at Spirit Halloween. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Ron doesn’t know how to or write for women who aren’t crazy bitches or stupid  man props. Notice every woman with a brain or spunk has been written out or watered down to white knight some dude or play a sounding board and all the lead stories are centered on a deranged woman. It’s still not as horrible as Y&R though, which a junior high schooler’s fan fic would be actually preferable. 

Back to today I did think PT/Xander did well conveying his concern over Sarah. I don’t know where Lucas is going with giving Kate’s heart to Julie at the end.  I sure as hell hope not. 

Vivian’s witness protection program wig is giving Lani a run for her money. I’ve seen better shit at Spirit Halloween. 

I agree, the Vivian's wigs are beyond awful.   But I love that every time she's on, she's wearing a different one.   Reminds me of "Are You Being Served" where the Mrs. Slocombe's hair changed color each episode--pink, blue, purple, green.  What a hoot.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Hers today was riding high like it was over her hair without a cap and Lani’s wig has never had the hairline or part plucked and is always in that same part and lank drape  like some old bath towel thrown on in routine. I don’t even wear wigs and know more than this, make it make sense. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

CM/Will did an awesome job today. 

I'm not usually much of a fan at all but I agree. I loved his energy.

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I feel like Vivian's wigs are kinda supposed to be bad. It's like a joke. But Lani's is just embarrassing.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

CM/Will did an awesome job today. 

I loved Will's threatening Stefan and Vivian but he really only has his gut telling him that Viv shot Kate--he needs to be careful about throwing out accusations that he can't prove.  I hope Gabi decides to tell what she knows because her guilt over not helping Will's investigation is going to get to her.

And I wonder who Lucas was talking about when he described Julie as "the Life of the party?!"  Are you kidding me with that crap?  And I am done with Julie's trying to look like some dewy eyed ingenue when she talks about Gabi spinning tales--she's 75 years old, not a blushing coquette.

Brady and Sonny being friendly/cousinly in their scenes today was lovely--I like seeing them getting along as opposed to hurling cruel insults.  Save that for Xander 🙂

• Love 9

Dear Hope, 

You are wondering what kind of person Gabi is to leave an old woman in the park to die. I’m wondering what kind of person murders an old man (F that retcon, we all know what you did), disposes of his body by burying him where he will never be found and allows an innocent person to be arrested for her crimes.

It’s always so lovely to see Kayla; too bad we can’t see her in a storyline of her own that doesn’t involve her being the punching bag for the neverr-ending ish-storm that Steve brings upon her.

It is also good seeing Lucas, another character who is consistently devalued.

I love Robin Strasser, but she, is much like Kassie DePava, woefully miscast in her Days role.

I actually don’t like Sarah on her own or with Eric, but I dig her when she is paired with Xander.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, boes said:

Dead?  Not in this show.  Nothin' but nothin' dies in Salem, except hope.  No, not that Hope.

I enjoyed the Cramer reference myself - I can't be content only with Julie on her deathbed

Yeah, me too. I loved the Dr Dorian Cramer (eventually Lord ) reference too. I'm not proud here...I'll take crumbs. I still miss OLTL. 😥 Damn good show. Never should have been canceled IMHO.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I loved Will's threatening Stefan and Vivian but he really only has his gut telling him that Viv shot Kate--he needs to be careful about throwing out accusations that he can't prove.  I hope Gabi decides to tell what she knows because her guilt over not helping Will's investigation is going to get to her.

And I wonder who Lucas was talking about when he described Julie as "the Life of the party?!"  Are you kidding me with that crap?  And I am done with Julie's trying to look like some dewy eyed ingenue when she talks about Gabi spinning tales--she's 75 years old, not a blushing coquette.

Brady and Sonny being friendly/cousinly in their scenes today was lovely--I like seeing them getting along as opposed to hurling cruel insults.  Save that for Xander 🙂

I think Julie is definitely the most lively member left of the Hortons I mean nobody can accuse her of being watered down compared to say Hope, Jennifer and the other Hortons so in that regard I agree with Lucas. That being said I don't get why they didn't have Austin in this storyline instead of the the other series. He would be more useful here.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3

Austin, Phillip and Billie should all be at the hospital with their mom.  Poor Billie isn’t even on the hospital list. 

Kristin is nuts.  Why does anyone talk to her ?  At least her hair looked good today.  

Will really does seem like Lumi kid.  

Brady still needs an intervention.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

You are wondering what kind of person Gabi is to leave an old woman in the park to die. I’m wondering what kind of person murders an old man (F that retcon, we all know what you did), disposes of his body by burying him where he will never be found and allows an innocent person to be arrested for her crimes.

Allowing someone else to be arrested for Stefano's demise was wrong, but the rest? Pffft. Stefano TERRORIZED Hope, Roman, John, and Marlena for EONS. Sure, he was an old man by the time Hope got to him, but I have zero fucks to give about the outcome.

I will concede Hope should have admitted to doing it, but I bet she would have gotten a damned ticker-tape parade. Or should have.

• Love 6

Bryan Datillo is consistently undervalued as Lucas. It sewms TPTB don't know what to do with him outside of Sami, but in the last few years, much like today Lucas's strength is in him taking the patriarch role of the Horton family. 

Two days on and we have Lucas not only distraught over his mother, but also heartbroken over his cousin who he went and visited. Not to mention his concern over not seeing Jennifer.

Hell, all he needs is a scene with Eli and JJ and he is a traveling Horton reunion.

This is who Lucas should be moving forward. He is knocking these emotional scenes out the park.

I always thought that a much better storyline would of been Lucas and Eli becoming best friends/cousins during his integration into the Horton family. Who better than Lucas to usher Eli in? It also would of made a nice mirror to the Jennifer/Hope relationship. 

• Love 13

Salem would have had a massive town square party if Hope admitted to killing Stefano.

Gabi may have made a mistake, but Julie had a pattern of faking illnesses and she treated Gabi like crap

Does Stefan's guest room have a bunch of heads wearing wigs? Where does Vivian keep them all?

Lucas, you do not have to make a decision about your mother at this moment. You do need to be in a better place. Maybe a decent night's sleep.

Sarah and Xander are nice together. On their own, eh, not so much.

Kristen may just want to stop scheming for two minutes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Kristin is nuts.  Why does anyone talk to her ?  At least her hair looked good today.  

She sure is.  Kristen has moved into automatic fast-forward for me.  I think  I've reached overdose level on her bug-eyed, swaying snarky contempt for everyone and that constant leer she's got for Brady.   I can only take so much of Jessica Rabbit on meth.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Allowing someone else to be arrested for Stefano's demise was wrong, but the rest? Pffft. Stefano TERRORIZED Hope, Roman, John, and Marlena for EONS. Sure, he was an old man by the time Hope got to him, but I have zero fucks to give about the outcome.

I will concede Hope should have admitted to doing it, but I bet she would have gotten a damned ticker-tape parade. Or should have.

Same for me.  I didn't care then and don't care now.  Stefano was so utterly vile to everyone and he did such unspeakable things to Hope and so many others that her plugging the old bastard didn't bother me a bit.  I DID hate that they ruined a rug disposing of the body, though.....

Awww, poor, brave, plucky, salt of the earth Julie, laying there on her death bed and she STILL has the time and energy to blame Gabi for everything.   What a wunnerful person she is!  I don't exactly see what the big fuss, is though.  Why does Julie need a heart, anyway?  She's functioned all these years without a brain, so major organs obviously aren't all THAT important to her.

I only wish somebody would make her more comfortable.....I BET she could use another pillow.....

There now, isn't that better?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Bryan Datillo is consistently undervalued as Lucas. It sewms TPTB don't know what to do with him outside of Sami, but in the last few years, much like today Lucas's strength is in him taking the patriarch role of the Horton family. 

Two days on and we have Lucas not only distraught over his mother, but also heartbroken over his cousin who he went and visited. Not to mention his concern over not seeing Jennifer.

Hell, all he needs is a scene with Eli and JJ and he is a traveling Horton reunion.

This is who Lucas should be moving forward. He is knocking these emotional scenes out the park.

I always thought that a much better storyline would of been Lucas and Eli becoming best friends/cousins during his integration into the Horton family. Who better than Lucas to usher Eli in? It also would of made a nice mirror to the Jennifer/Hope relationship. 

Horton men don't matter on this show only the Horton women do which is why this wouldn't happen even though I'd welcome it. You also reminded me of why I wasn't big on the Lumi pairing at least one of the reasons. The show didn't care about Lucas beyond Sami hell they barely cared about him with Sami as he got kicked out of that storyline for Rafe.

I was glad to see Stefano finally snuffed it was just out of character for self righteous cop Hope. It would have meant more and made sense if it was Sami. We all know she doesn’t fuck around when it comes to dispatching threats and is more open about her dicey ethics. Pretty sure EJ would have forgiven her too he was insanely in love with her. 

They could have don’t it Murder on the Orient Express style plot where everyone was involved actually, that would have been cute. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I was glad to see Stefano finally snuffed it was just out of character for self righteous cop Hope. It would have meant more and made sense if it was Sami. We all know she doesn’t fuck around when it comes to dispatching threats and is more open about her dicey ethics. Pretty sure EJ would have forgiven her too he was insanely in love with her. 

They could have don’t it Murder on the Orient Express style plot where everyone was involved actually, that would have been cute. 

I was hoping it would be Marlena and the devil made her do it... however Sami would work. 

Hell Roman would've been a great choice granted if it was WN's Roman.

• Love 2

“So help me, yours will be the next grave I dig.” That does not sound like something a real mother would say to her child. 

What utter nonsense . Expecting us to buy Stefan as Vivian's son .

But then again Stefan and Quinn Hudson were contrieved as it gets . These two characters should not even exist .

During the 1990s and early 2000s,Vivian only expressed any maternal feelings for Lawrence and Nicholas back in the day maybe to a lesser extent John & Philip but that's about it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Horton men don't matter on this show only the Horton women do which is why this wouldn't happen even though I'd welcome it. You also reminded me of why I wasn't big on the Lumi pairing at least one of the reasons. The show didn't care about Lucas beyond Sami hell they barely cared about him with Sami as he got kicked out of that storyline for Rafe.

Mike should be the patriach . Plus Michael T Weiss does not look like he is busy . I would like to see him return as Mike Horton.  why dont they try to lure him back ? 

40 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Stefano should have ultimately succumbed to a deadly disease. He is the phoenix who survived car accidents ,bomb xplosions and so on but ultimately he couldnt survive nature. 

• Love 1

Regarding Xander and Kristen ,did they ever establish the reason why they teamed up in the first place ? 

I don't think they even had anything that binds them together . 

Or was it simply the case of teaming them up just for the sake of two directionless bad guys teaming up ? 

Their teamup looks very contrieved.

• Love 1

Didn’t Vivian abandon Stefan or fake die or some bs and he was raised in foster care anyhow? (Excuse me if it’s a dumb question I just can’t force myself to focus strongly on 2 characters I don’t like and while the history is rewritten as often as I buy new clothes). So whyyyy is he so desperate to retain her loyalty? And why is her threat to kill him not alienating him? And why??? Is he not laughing in her face at threatening to kill him when she couldn’t even succeed at discretely killing Kate twice???

You can tell this shows budget is shrinking more people should have paid their respects to Kate and hell im even talking about current cast members. 

Kristen thinks pretending to be pregnant by Brady will make him marry her or something? She’s a deranged moron but ignoring that for a moment I never get womens love for him except he’s good looking and must be have game in bed ... he’s extremely stupid and rude as hell and lives at home at 40. The only time he was likable was in the Broe OG era. 

I enjoyed seeing seeing CM / Will get mad AF. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I was glad to see Stefano finally snuffed it was just out of character for self righteous cop Hope. It would have meant more and made sense if it was Sami.

Gotta disagree. Not that Sami wouldn't have the gumption, but she married a DiMera. Seems she made her peace, so to speak. But Roman, John, Hope, and Marlena? 'Til Stefano was offed, he was constantly after them in some fashion. The four above should be the ones to take Stefano out. They are the ones that suffered with longevity first hand for decades. Not Sami.

Tomato, tomahto, blah, blah. 😉

• Love 6