Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Tribeca, maybe having the party on a Thursday is to keep it short, so guests don't stay late - they have to go to work the next day. Less money. Or that most of the guests took the Friday off.

Plus, I'm trying to think who actually works......

All Eric does is pout and he seems to be able to do that pretty much anywhere.  I will say, he's EXCELLENT at it, though.

Brady mostly beds KristenasNicole, and like Eric, he seems to be able to do THAT pretty much anywhere, as well.  At least she thinks he's excellent at it........

Sarah mostly marries and dates brothers, something she does both at work AND at home.

Will supposedly writes for the paper but that happens at home and Sonny?  Does Sonny do anything?

Gabi plots, mostly from home, and Stefan schemes, mostly anywhere he is, Kristen cackles......

Tony spends most of his time walking around town looking like a refugee from Fantasy Island, Haley has fits, both at work and at home and Tripp serves one customer a day at Horton Square before removing his apron and running off to "help" her...

So, Roman works, we see that, Chloe works, JJ works, Rafe works, John talks about working, Marlena talks about patients, all in all, a pretty laidback work environment in olde Salem Towne.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

LG is a very strange actress, her big wooby eyes whenever she declares her love for Eric are embarrassing and just cringe worthy.

LG didn't used to be that way though. I really enjoyed her run on Bold and thought she was good in all her pairings there - even with people who aren't exactly chemistry magnets. I was genuinely looking forward to her coming to Days, but cringeworthy pretty much describes how I feel about Sarah around Eric. 

2 hours ago, boes said:

Tony spends most of his time walking around town looking like a refugee from Fantasy Island,

LMAO, that's freaking hysterical Boes! Quote of the day. Of course, every time Tony speaks all I am now going to hear is "Welcome to Fantasy Island".

Days could do with Roarke's fantasy-fulfilling ability right about now. Perhaps he could restore it to its former glory...

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  When John first took out that anniversary cake I thought it was from their first 80s wedding. Then I thought that would be such a quirky strange yet kind of fabulous way for someone to poison them.  The romantic couple poisoned by their wedding cake. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I always feel uncomfortable when BB does shirtless scenes because he sucks his stomach in so much and I feel bad for him. Anyway, I'm into Gabi/Stefan again lol.

Yeah and for me I like that BB has a not so perfect body. Its a more realistic body for men. I wish he didnt feel the need to suck his stomach in. Though I guess when you have people like RSW with the sculpted chest one might feel a little self conscious.

• Love 5

The party is a Hoot!  This is soapy goodness 🙂  Kate attacking Susan's hair, lol. Tony making out with Anna, John figuring out who Nicolle is( I was wondering if he was Hallucinating, or what, lol).  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Whose invitation list was "Nicole" on?  Or is she just Tony's and/or Brady's plus one?

Woah, Eric shaved!

It's funny that Josh Taylor is at the anniversary party as Roman, considering he was at the original wedding as Chris Kositchek.

Kate trying to pull Susan's teeth out was hilarious.

Well.  That was ... aggressive.

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Kate attacking Susan's hair, lol.

She was trying to pull her teeth out.

• LOL 2

Both Hope and Sarah looked really good today. Good outfit, good hair, good makeup. Lani could have shown less midriff. It's John and Marlena, not some club.

Anna, you don't need to make Tony jealous. He wants you instead of 'Nicole'.

Eric cleaned up nicely.

The Salem Brain made an appearance from its lengthy summer vacation! People started figuring things out!

I LOLed when Kate tried to pull Susan's teeth out. She unfortunately wasn't Kristen. Wonder what happened to her in the restaurant's office.

It was good at the end when all the pieces started to complete the puzzle and when John ripped Nicole's wig off for the grand reveal.

• Love 8

Ya'll are right, Show was so much fun today!  Even the pacing was really well done.

All I have to add is that there was one fleeting shot of Eric and Sarah, and they both looked fabulous.  Sarah, especially, looked to me like a picture-perfect flashback to the great female actors of the 40's, with her hair, dress and makeup.  And even Eric was good today, not a pout in sight - plus, he cleans up nicely!

• Love 14
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

John really spaced out there when Marlena was going on and on With her toast.  I tend to do that too when Marlena talks about their true love.  

It was like Drake was quietly thinking that hes been hearing the same stuff for 30 years. I was waiting for someone to say something like "aww you remembered the same speech from you and John's fourth wedding".

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

John really spaced out there when Marlena was going on and on With her toast.  I tend to do that too when Marlena talks about their true love.  

Yea, the was kind of an odd time for them to have John figuring everything out. It was hilarious though.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I agree with all your comments, and all I can add is that I really wish we had seen Xander make his confession at the Cop Shop. Why would they skip that? They've been building up to it for weeks...

Also, if I were John and about to unmask Kristen, not only would I make sure Marlena was somewhere safe, I would probably also make a point of cornering Kristen in a room away from the crowd and with someone else who would know how to handle themselves if she pulled a gun. If he remembers his last wedding so well, then he should also remember how all their friends and family were in danger because she was put on the spot and unmasked. Really stupid move John.

Anna and Tony don't know how to kiss and make it look good for the camera. They're always at such odd angles and have such weird timing. Marlena and John may be corny as hell with their Pelican Kisses, but at least they know how to slowly go into it and tilt their heads in such a way that we can see what they're doing.

Sarah and Eric looked fabulous. It almost made me forget how annoyed they've made me for weeks.

I really didn't like hearing that Victor was sick. I'm constantly worrying about John Aniston on this show now.

I know they could only use so many characters all at once, and I was surprised by how many members of the cast were actually present for this event, but I think it's interesting that there are no Hortons at the party. Maggie, Jennifer, JJ, Julie and Doug are all awol. I kind of liked it even though it struck me as odd.

I know this probably doesn't bother anybody else but it drives me completely insane when Stacy is supposed to be playing the real Susan but doesn't have brown contact lenses on. Susan has brown eyes! Kristen has blue/green eyes! They have not been consistent about that since she first took over the roles. Anybody looking at Susan and seeing a blue/green-eyed woman should know it's not really her.

Also, why wouldn't the real Kristen just cut her hair to look like Nicole? It would save herself having to wear a wig, and we've seen in the past that Kristen's not against cutting her hair in different styles. I know, they just wanted a bigger difference between the Nicole disguise and Kristen's actual appearance, but it would have made sense from the story standpoint for Kristen not to have a wig on that could actually give away her disguise.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

I found Kristen's monologue today really stupid, because why would anybody see Kristen showing up at John and Marlena's party and not immediately tackle her to the ground before something crazy could happen? Twenty people standing around and letting her blab was really moronic. And why did she bring up the time she coached a baseball team? I was trying to follow that part and I just couldn't. It seemed like a historical reference for the sake of a historical reference. It connected to nothing else in the conversation.

I love that Susan was the hero today! Her knocking Kristen in the head was awesome and I also love that she used her teeth to chew herself free. That was funny stuff.

I would be so much happier if I knew that Kristen was going to go off to jail in about a week's time. I'm really tired of the character as Ron writes her, tired of her professions of love to Brady and tired of her talking about this Phoenix bullshit. Ron is laying it on way too thick.

I think wardrobe should have made a point of giving Nicole a dress that hid her arms. Seeing scrawny Stacy's veins really broke the illusion that no one could tell she was not Nicole from the neck down. I think Eileen actually had a similar body to hers though. Visually, we might have been able to believe that the disguise worked if she was still in the part. (Glad she isn't though - this stuff is hokey.)

I'm not sure I liked how Greg played Eric's confusion. I felt like he was supposed to be crying, but the actor just didn't get there.

Nice to see Abe caring about the real Nicole. When did he and Nicole become close again? I don't remember.

Kate's pantsuit is stunning. Hope looked hopeless in that green...sheath? Whatever that was.

• Love 13

There were Hortons there; Hope, Eli and Will are Hortons.  I think I know what you mean though.

As much as I liked the little league reference it really didn't go anywhere.  It was a nice call back though to when Kristen was a do gooder social worker who loved children.

Abe and Nicole have gradually gotten closer over the years, once Brandon left they started to bring those two together.  Over the last maybe six or seven years Abe has been a good sounding board/ father figure for Nicole when she is going through things. 

Wanted to add that I loved Kristen's Chad shout out about Stefan going after his wife.  Kristen genuinely always loved Chad.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I would probably also make a point of cornering Kristen in a room away from the crowd and with someone else who would know how to handle themselves if she pulled a gun.

I think it's interesting that there are no Hortons at the party. Maggie, Jennifer, JJ, Julie and Doug are all awol. I kind of liked it even though it struck me as odd.

If they took Kristen away from the crowd then everyone would not have gotten the chance to confront her.  We would not have seen everyone's shock, reactions and comments.  This way is always more entertaining.  

And I was more surprised that Kayla wasn't there since she was the matron of honor at the last wedding.  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, A.J. said:

If they took Kristen away from the crowd then everyone would not have gotten the chance to confront her.  We would not have seen everyone's shock, reactions and comments.  This way is always more entertaining.  

And I was more surprised that Kayla wasn't there since she was the matron of honor at the last wedding.  

Wasn't that Jennifer?

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, boes said:

Ya'll are right, Show was so much fun today!  Even the pacing was really well done.

All I have to add is that there was one fleeting shot of Eric and Sarah, and they both looked fabulous.  Sarah, especially, looked to me like a picture-perfect flashback to the great female actors of the 40's, with her hair, dress and makeup.  And even Eric was good today, not a pout in sight - plus, he cleans up nicely!

Sarah and Eric are actually a good-looking and fun couple. It's really nice to see her liberating him from the Nicole curse in the last few weeks. As somebody said, it's much more preferable to see GV finally getting a chance to shine as a charismatic, fun, romantic lead instead of being sad and miserable all the time. Perhaps it explains why Eric looks more interested in making out with Sarah lol. 

Honestly, both GV and AZ are much more enjoyable to watch outside of Ericole.  

P.S. Bringing Nicole back also have a far-reaching repercussion since Chloe

Spoiler

is leaving Salem soon

It would be very likely that Eric and Brady end up in another brotherly rivalry over the same woman. Same bs all over again. 

Edited by Guest
add more stuff

Kristin long speech reminds me of the 007 villains explaining their plan.  

Will has a strange look on his face like hey whatever I’ve seen worse. 

Anna is an interesting character but I don’t see her as Carries mom.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Will has a strange look on his face like hey whatever I’ve seen worse. 

Anna is an interesting character but I don’t see her as Carries mom.  

Ironically between Anna's quirks and John, Roman, and Marlena's kidnappings it's the reason Carrie had to grow up so fast and be "perfect". 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Yes, the villain explaining why exactly they did what they did is always fabulous and Kristin really delivered.  She went from cold and menacing with Eric, John and Marlena to sadly pleading with Brady--well played.  I know it's cruel but I laughed when she called Chloe "that fembot" but what exactly was Eric going to do when he went towards Kristin after she threw Daniel's death in his face?  Was he going to try and hurt her?

And how awesome is Lani at being "a tough cop"?  Could her hold on Kristin have been any weaker?  At least Eli was attempting to stop her from escaping.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Hi folks.  I haven't posted here in a while, because I haven't really been watching much. But I did watch yesterday and today, and it seems I've some back at the right time. Loved yesterday's show.  And LOVED todays.    Finally things are moving along with the Kristin storyline.  Looking forward to next week.

• Love 7

I really enjoy Stacy Haiduk's Susan, so perhaps I'm just bored with Kristin's present motivations, but most of her scenes in which she explained Kristin's E-VIL plan fell flat with me.  After I began rewriting the script in my head, I just watched the rest in slow fast-forward until Susan smacked Kristin upside the head with whatever that was.  If they insist on making Kristin beat this dead horse once again, why not make some mention in her dialogue about how she feels caught in a vicious cycle?  That's something I can empathize with!

There were probably budget constraints at play but it seems like it would have been a good idea to have Maggie there, since she was the first one to see Kristin.     

• Love 5

Kristen went through all this to get Brady?

I laughed at Susan's chewing her way through the rope Kristen tied her with. And the clonk on the head with the silver platter. Plus her noticing that her face was coming off.

Kristen's plan had a few flaws. She couldn't be 'Nicole' forever.

Maybe Lani's lame outfit made Kristen more slippery.

At least with Kristen's going on about her plan, everyone knew what they were used for. And the psychological damage caused by it.

• Love 5

Too bad Maggie wasn’t there. It might have been a a nice nod to let her know she wasn’t seeing things. I guess there too many contract actors and background people eating up the budget for that to happen. I’ve always said that GV plays pain well but it’s boring to watch. He should be shirtless most of the time and having fun. Why should Xander & Rex be the only ones allowed to take their shirts off all the time. Free GV!

• Love 3

I will never understand why so many smart, intelligent women will go to such extremes for a douche bag like Brady. Even a nutcase like Kristen.

The guy has to be amazing in bed. lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Sidney said:

I will never understand why so many smart, intelligent women will go to such extremes for a douche bag like Brady. Even a nutcase like Kristen.

Lol, well we did see some of his skills in his sex scenes with Eve.  Talk about pushing the envelope.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

EM is actually my star performer this week. I agree the “mom” was a nice touch but what I’ve enjoyed the most have been his comedic moments - from the “mean, mean, mean” conversation with Will, to his eye pop when Kate said she hoped it was an open bar, to the “are you kidding me right now” to Susan when she suggested he was fantasising about her - he’s been fun and funny. I like it when you can almost see that the cast are enjoying the material. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 9

I’m no fan of Kristen and have been iffy on SH performance but she did fine work on Friday’s episode with that speech. She did a good job as Susan during it too (I usually dislike Susan as well). I think everyone did a good job and looked nice. Linsey is so classically and naturally pretty they should do her makeup and hair like this more often. 

I hope Eric is turning a corner as well. Sarah expected him to be devasted knowing Nicole is gone, but he maintained his composure. 

Hope looked beautiful with her hair pulled back and in that emerald green. DH’s performance was strong and he looked debonair. 

Brady talking down Kristen and offering himself for Marlena was good. He and Eric growing up and taking self control in situations is a welcome change. 

ETA lolz at Kristen calling Chloe “that fembot” 😂🤣. I love Chloe/NB but that is accurate shade. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Hope looked beautiful with her hair pulled back and in that emerald green. 

I also thought she looked beautiful and I loved the green but was anyone else distracted by her mis matched earrings? Is that a thing now? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BoldDays said:

EM is actually my star performer this week. I agree the “mom” was a nice touch but what I’ve enjoyed the most have been his comedic moments - from the “mean, mean, mean” conversation with Will, to his eye pop when Kate said she hoped it was an open bar, to the “are you kidding me right now” to Susan when she suggested he was fantasising about her - he’s been fun and funny. I like it when you can almost see that the cast are enjoying the material. 

EM, is such a naturally funny/goofy guy it's a real drag that he is playing such a tense "serious"character like Brady.

Hell the last time Brady was ever care free/light was when he was originally with Chloe. 

Speaking of, have Chloe and EM's Brady ever sang together on the show? I know EM and Nadia have dueted in real life. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, BoldDays said:

I was going to post something very similar to this now that I've caught up on the weeks episodes. For as much as I despise this mask story, EM has been amazing. Sometimes I forget he won an emmy a few years back. I love that he can nail the emotional scenes while also handling the comedic stuff so naturally.

• Love 8
On 8/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, Sidney said:

He’s actually one of the better guys on Days. He’s not a rapist (Stefan), murderer (Ben), mopey whiner (Eric), dull as dishwater (Rafe), or petty criminal (Xander). He’s rich, good-looking, funny, and has an interesting personality. I can see why girls flock to him compared to other guys in Salem.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

He’s actually one of the better guys on Days. He’s not a rapist (Stefan), murderer (Ben), mopey whiner (Eric), dull as dishwater (Rafe), or petty criminal (Xander). He’s rich, good-looking, funny, and has an interesting personality. I can see why girls flock to him compared to other guys in Salem.

I don't know.....he's always tended to turn on the women he's with pretty quickly, and in an abusive, threatening way.  He's even stood over Maggie, screaming at her, seemingly on the verge of hitting her, though I don't think he ever would.  IMO, Brady can easily turn into a bully at the drop of a hat.  And until Eric got a case of the chronic pouts, Brady was that way more than not.  He's been a giant, mean manbaby too often for me to think very much of him.

Right now he benefits by being surrounded by a crowd of putzes, but I think he's still got another shot at once again being the worst.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, boes said:

I don't know.....he's always tended to turn on the women he's with pretty quickly, and in an abusive, threatening way.  He's even stood over Maggie, screaming at her, seemingly on the verge of hitting her, though I don't think he ever would.  IMO, Brady can easily turn into a bully at the drop of a hat.  And until Eric got a case of the chronic pouts, Brady was that way more than not.  He's been a giant, mean manbaby too often for me to think very much of him.

Right now he benefits by being surrounded by a crowd of putzes, but I think he's still got another shot at once again being the worst.

I sadly agree with all this. I think at this point making Brady a villain would be more plausible than trying to redeem him. Too many mysogenistic moments, from his treatment of Eve and Nicole, to Theresa both pre and post pregnancy. The guy's angry and has issues. If only someone close to him was trained in helping people deal with emotional difficulties...

...oh wait...

4 hours ago, boes said:

I sadly agree with all this. I think at this point making Brady a villain would be more plausible than trying to redeem him. Too many mysogenistic moments, from his treatment of Eve and Nicole, to Theresa both pre and post pregnancy. The guy's angry and has issues. If only someone close to him was trained in helping people deal with emotional difficulties...

...oh wait...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I agree about Brady but his girlfriends have their issues as well.  If you look at the people in Salem in terms of dating 

everyone wants Hope.  Kayla no one is interested in even when She was not with Steve.  Her brother Roman has a similar problem.  Roman seems to be the second choice or maybe a safe choice but only if no one else is available.  

Tripp drives women crazy. 

Rafe drive viewers crazy but he knows he how to attract the ladies just not how to keep them. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, boes said:

IMO, Brady can easily turn into a bully at the drop of a hat.

giphy.gif

I still haven't 100% forgiven him for inserting himself in the Will/Sonny/Paul thing last year after Will's memory returned. It's why I wasn't more upset about Kristen-as-Susan coming on to him so strongly, like how do you like it when you're forced into something you don't want, ya big galoot? 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Does Chloe not mind people who don't work for her serving at her bar?  

"She besmooched my good name."

Drunk Susan is even better than regular Susan.

Will and Sonny and Susan should come up with a password among them so that the next time Kristin shows up pretending to be Susan, they can ask for the password.

They're really trying to turn Xander into a good guy, aren't they?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

They're really trying to turn Xander into a good guy, aren't they?

And PT is super bad at playing it lol.

I can't deal with LG's ott faces. She looked ridiculous today.

Absolutely loved the Will/Sonny/Susan scenes. 

• Love 5

Eli and Lani are the best looking couple on the show. 

Will makes me miss his parents.  I also wonder about his years away from Salem.  

I don’t know the character Tony so I don’t really care about his missing years.  If I was Anna I would really be upset that for 10 years he never tried to contact her.

Xander and Eric were once good friends but both actors play their parts like the have no history together. 

Kristin/Brady scenes were very creepy.  Brady seemed conflicted with his feelings. Don’t do it Brady !  No matter how great the sex is.   

• Love 2
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...oh wait...

...oh wait...

Theresa never carried the kid though she had her embryo stolen by Kristen that being said its not as if Theresa didn't do terrible things like falsely accuse Xander of attempting to rape her, tried to kill John and set Brady up for it etc.

Brady is an idiot when it comes to women but these women were awful for a variety of reasons themselves they were deserving of each other tbh.

• Love 3