Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The only thing that annoyed me about BB first day was his suit jacket. It looked like it was 2 sizes too small. Apparently, he was called the day before taping so I guess he didn’t get a chance to have a proper wardrobe fitting. I’ll give him a pass for that LOL!!!

The funny thing about TC and chemistry is that he was firing all cylinders in the sexual tension department with Maura West (just like with CB) and, it ended the same way. He left the role before it could be explored to join Days. Now, he gets fired from Days when it was just heating up with CB. That was a quick firing. I thought I heard there would be a week in between TC & BB but it was literally the next day. TC must have been such a mess for TPTB to can him right then and there and replace him with BB. I’m looking forward to see what BB does with the role and how long. 

• Love 5

I don’t find BB as intimidating or dark as TC because he’s slighter in stature and his facial features less brooding. Like TC looks like a rich guy with patrician features, who’s morose and been fucked over a few x.  BB has a more thuggish but also impish and mirthful look. 

Poor John, all he wants is to enjoy retirement with the love of his life dining at restaurants 5x a day and exchanging corny compliments. Instead he’s dealing with near death experiences and stalkers on a seasonal basis. Not to mention the new found adult children and fixing Will’s problems habitually. 

Tripp was kinda being an asshole today. Claire can’t tell anyone who her bf is now and has to have a secret behind closed doors relationship plus him marrying Haley for GC purposes means he can’t/won’t get married to HER for at least a few years. That is nothing to poo poo. I worked with a couple who had a green card marriage years ago. They lived together, vacationed together, worked at it, and had home visits and stuff. It’s not a light commitment or whimsical risk.  Claire is really the best part of this story. I was pissed off they’d do this to Shelle’s child since I was an OG Stan, because let’s be honest Belle and Shawn are pretty straight arrow and bland now and she’s Marlena’s grand child and she’s a moral rock of Salem. But Claire is the only wild card and intriguing part in this story. When she screamed in the pillow, then smiled, hugged Tripp and was instantly charming to him I knew she made up her mind to eliminate her. Which was reinforced with the “hello bride to beeeee!” And beaming smile with glittery eyes. It is really interesting to watch her. I hope they don’t turn her into a new Jan or Kristen but someone more like Kate or from shows like Cersei Lannister or Julie Cooper. 

I think Brady was wearing his tank top cuz he was working out in the mansion. He was also wearing those flimsy men’s version of a yoga pants/sweats hybrid I see dudes wear at the gym. This doesn’t excuse the entire winter in Salem, a suburb of Chicago, having women in bare legs or short sleeves in Horton Square and men in thin shirts without overcoats or parkas. That was absolutely insane during the polar vortex. Chicago area is cold AF from January to March, I know they tape sup in advance but it’s simple arithmetic. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I don’t find BB as intimidating or dark as TC because he’s slighter in stature and his facial features less brooding. Like TC looks like a rich guy with patrician features, who’s morose and been fucked over a few x.  BB has a more thuggish but also impish and mirthful look. 

Poor John, all he wants is to enjoy retirement with the love of his life dining at restaurants 5x a day and exchanging corny compliments. Instead he’s dealing with near death experiences and stalkers on a seasonal basis. Not to mention the new found adult children and fixing Will’s problems habitually. 

Tripp was kinda being an asshole today. Claire can’t tell anyone who her bf is now and has to have a secret behind closed doors relationship plus him marrying Haley for GC purposes means he can’t/won’t get married to HER for at least a few years. That is nothing to poo poo. I worked with a couple who had a green card marriage years ago. They lived together, vacationed together, worked at it, and had home visits and stuff. It’s not a light commitment or whimsical risk.  Claire is really the best part of this story. I was pissed off they’d do this to Shelle’s child since I was an OG Stan, because let’s be honest Belle and Shawn are pretty straight arrow and bland now and she’s Marlena’s grand child and she’s a moral rock of Salem. But Claire is the only wild card and intriguing part in this story. When she screamed in the pillow, then smiled, hugged Tripp and was instantly charming to him I knew she made up her mind to eliminate her. Which was reinforced with the “hello bride to beeeee!” And beaming smile with glittery eyes. It is really interesting to watch her. I hope they don’t turn her into a new Jan or Kristen but someone more like Kate or from shows like Cersei Lannister or Julie Cooper. 

I think Brady was wearing his tank top cuz he was working out in the mansion. He was also wearing those flimsy men’s version of a yoga pants/sweats hybrid I see dudes wear at the gym. This doesn’t excuse the entire winter in Salem, a suburb of Chicago, having women in bare legs or short sleeves in Horton Square and men in thin shirts without overcoats or parkas. That was absolutely insane during the polar vortex. Chicago area is cold AF from January to March, I know they tape sup in advance but it’s simple arithmetic. 

Ken Corday can’t afford coats, hats & gloves anymore. It’s not in the budget. That’s why he’s suing Sony. LOL!!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

That was a quick firing. I thought I heard there would be a week in between TC & BB but it was literally the next day. TC must have been such a mess for TPTB to can him right then and there and replace him with BB. 

IIRC, Brandon Barash was initially cast only to replace Tyler Christopher while TC took a leave of absence for personal reasons.  It wasn't until about month after TC took leave that it was announced he wouldn't be returning to the show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

My area of western Canada was bitterly cold for most of February - seemed to be around -25-30C every day. Seeing Salem folks dressed for warmer climes is a bit jarring. Granted, I do understand going to a mall and just wearing a light jacket and a mad dash from the car or bus to the mall doors. Malls can be very warm and you can easily pass out or get sick wearing a huge parka. Some of Gabi's outfits seemed unusual for February - Chicago is a 3 hour flight from me but with the lake effect wind and humidity, brrrrrr.

I did like Claire excusing herself to scream in to her cushion. After hearing about Tripp's stupid idea, I would too. She still has hundreds of thousands of followers for her singing career or whatever? Seriously? She does like the whole boyfriend part, but she needs to be okay on her own - it's not love for her, just need. Haley is toast. And the hug of death seals the deal.

I felt a bit squicky when JJ started kissing Haley. She isn't exactly your girlfriend. You saved her life from a suicide attempt and maybe it's just her way of thanking you. He is not ready for marriage, either. Given his sister and her exploits, stay away! Marrying a girl you barely know will not work either.

Good for John and Marlena to be suspicious of Dirty Diana.

Did like Leo's visit with the new Stefan. A bit softer than the old one, but this one is very unlikely to fall for the alt-Gabby. Nice chemistry he does have with Gabi and good for her for slapping him and standing up for herself.

• Love 6

Everyone’s losing their minds over the recast Stefan and I’m just like, ugh. It’s still a dumb story with a dumb character and an actor I’ve never been thrilled with and I just don’t care.

This was an awful week of the show for me because I just don’t care about any of the stories going on.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was growing kinda fond of TC in the role. He and CB were really sparking for me.

I admit I didn't care for him in the beginning but I was eventually drawn to him for several reasons.  I felt for him in his quest to have/make a family.  His scenes with Charlotte were so sweet.  I also liked his support of Ben.  I even enjoyed his growing interest in Chole.  His last scene holding Chole really moved me.  I hate to see him go.  

And I guess they no longer air "The role of _______________  is now being played by ______________.   I had no idea that that was Tyler's last scene.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

That's a common trick. A lot of men can dress slimmer (e.g. slim fit suit like BB wore today) but that doesn't make them really slighter in stature. A case in point, Obama appeared to be thin in public but you can see his physical fit body with strong muscles from his pics on the beach. Brandon is like that as well.  

P.S. One doesn't have to look like Schwarzenegger in order to be intimidating.   

4 hours ago, sweetautumn said:

That's a common trick. A lot of men can dress slimmer (e.g. slim fit suit like BB wore today) but that doesn't make them really slighter in stature. A case in point, Obama appeared to be thin in public but you can see his physical fit body with strong muscles from his pics on the beach. Brandon is like that as well.  

P.S. One doesn't have to look like Schwarzenegger in order to be intimidating.   

I meant he was shorter and has smaller muscles. For instance he was roughing up GR/Leo and that’s a small man in RL. Also he’s less lass classically handsome, he has more bulbous nose and more impish facial features. Anyhow that’s just my opinion which I’m entitled to share.  

• Love 6

I think they are pretty different looks/style-wise, but it's their energy being different that is messing with me right now. TC was playing the scenes with CB/Gabi much differently than BB played those scenes yesterday. But TC and CB had awhile to build to that so it does make sense. I just hope BB and CB can build up quickly because I'm still down for Stefan/Gabi.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

This show doesn't write individual characters well let alone love stories involving them. Everyone is so generic and interchangeable and that wasn't the case in Days' heyday. Bo/Hope would never be interchangeable to Jack/Jennifer etc. Plus when they get a couple the audience likes they make them the focal point of the show and write them to the ground until there's nothing left.

That being said I see Gabi as an interloper/vixen rather than a romantic lead and that works because she won't be stuck in a pairing but seen as a solo character and when one leaves the other ends up getting written out because the audience can't accept them apart. 

Surprisingly Hope and Kayla haven't been written out of this show but others have because of it. I find that very short sighted.

• Love 8

Claire is in contention as well since she’s willing to kill to get what she wants. Kate has resorted to poisoning, arson, and framing adversaries for murder. 

I wouldn’t say Sami was a contender for the mantle since I saw her as Kate’s equal and contemporary... and (sniff 😢) best frienemy. Theresa has a very Katelike energy and attitude and was similar in that they’re both classically attractive brunettes. I wonder why they don’t bring her back. 

I will give BB/nuStefan a chance. It usually takes me about a week or two to warm up to a recast. I didn’t like recast Hope on B&B initially and now I LOVE her. 

Is Melinda dropped off face of Earth? Now that she’s not running for Mayor or DA nothing is stopping her from helping Haley. I feel like if this was a more complex show Claire could have planted the lighter and evidence on Ben and used that to blackmail him to marry Haley so she could keep Tripp free and create drama in Ciara’s relationship, as well as hiding her culpability. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Claire is in contention as well since she’s willing to kill to get what she wants. Kate has resorted to poisoning, arson, and framing adversaries for murder. 

I wouldn’t say Sami was a contender for the mantle since I saw her as Kate’s equal and contemporary... and (sniff 😢) best frienemy. Theresa has a very Katelike energy and attitude and was similar in that they’re both classically attractive brunettes. I wonder why they don’t bring her back. 

Claire is psychopathic and scary.  Kate was always more complex than the one-note villainess that the show sees her to be.  Kate is willing to kill when it comes to her children and grandchildren.  That is due to her horrific history with Curtis and what he did to her and her children.  There was always a method to her madness.. 

Theresa never made any sense. She was nasty from jump for no reason. I will never buy that Kim and Shane were bad parents. They wanted her to be like Sami forgetting that the audience was bonded to Sami before she started doing bad things. Not to mention, we all knew how her life was upended by Stefano's machinations to destroy Roman and how that entangled Marlena and John.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Claire is psychopathic and scary.  Kate was always more complex than the one-note villainess that the show sees her to be.  Kate is willing to kill when it comes to her children and grandchildren.  That is due to her horrific history with Curtis and what he did to her and her children.  There was always a method to her madness.. 

Theresa never made any sense. She was nasty from jump for no reason. I will never buy that Kim and Shane were bad parents. They wanted her to be like Sami forgetting that the audience was bonded to Sami before she started doing bad things. Not to mention, we all knew how her life was upended by Stefano's machinations to destroy Roman and how that entangled Marlena and John.  

I would say that about DA's Kate but in recent years Kate has become rather cartoonish except when she was with Will he humanizes her.

ICAM with Theresa which is why I never understood the love for her people have or wanting JJ with her. I do think the actors have chemistry but a pairing between them wouldn't make sense beyond fuckbuddies. Despite her being a decade older than him he actually acts like an adult and when he does bad things he shows genuine remorse something I never got from Theresa who's only sorry she gets caught. Hitting John with a firepoker and setting Brady up for it, falsely accusing Xander of rape etc. 

She was a pale imitation of Sami who I also hated but at least she made sense because we saw how she got to that point and they bothered giving her a backstory.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I would say that about DA's Kate but in recent years Kate has become rather cartoonish except when she was with Will he humanizes her.

ICAM with Theresa which is why I never understood the love for her people have or wanting JJ with her. I do think the actors have chemistry but a pairing between them wouldn't make sense beyond fuckbuddies. Despite her being a decade older than him he actually acts like an adult and when he does bad things he shows genuine remorse something I never got from Theresa who's only sorry she gets caught. Hitting John with a firepoker and setting Brady up for it, falsely accusing Xander of rape etc. 

She was a pale imitation of Sami who I also hated but at least she made sense because we saw how she got to that point and they bothered giving her a backstory.

Theresa was a pale imitation of Sami.  All they had to say was that Shane cut off Theresa from her trust fund for being irresponsible and not having any direction in life. I could see Kim spoiling her kids like crazy due to her traumatic childhood and Shane being the disciplinarian. Shane always had a strong sense of right and wrong without being sanctimonious. It is why he and Kim worked so well.. She was more impulsive emotional and he was more methodical and cerebral.  I have always said that Sami channels her aunt Kim's penchant for trouble.  Kim like Sami drove stories.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Theresa was a pale imitation of Sami.  All they had to say was that Shane cut off Theresa from her trust fund for being irresponsible and not having any direction in life. I could see Kim spoiling her kids like crazy due her traumatic childhood and Shane being the disciplinarian. Shane always had a strong sense of right and wrong without being sanctimonious. It is why he and Kim worked so well.. She was more impulsive emotional and he was more methodical and cerebral.

See that makes sense since Theresa was in the party/drug scene.

I did find it baffling that he would stand by and let her be subjected to being a drug lord's sex slave or not paying for Paige going to Stanford(or not attending her funeral but I digress) I would say in recent years Shane/Kim really turned out to be bad parents/grandparents. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I did find it baffling that he would stand by and let her be subjected to being a drug lord's sex slave or not paying for Paige going to Stanford(or not attending her funeral but I digress) I would say in recent years Shane/Kim really turned out to be bad parents/grandparents. 

As a hardcore Kim and Shane fan, I was offended on how they were trashed for  Eve, Paige and Theresa. It is why the fans went after Ron when it looked like he was going to kill off Kim.  He had to issue a statement that Kim was not going to die.  NBC got so many phone calls over Kim...

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:27 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I think he can forgive her but they will never get back together. The show has no interest in them and act like they don't know each other. Which I'm ok with but why can't I get that with JJ/Lani I mean those two have zero reason to interact anymore. At least Ari is JJ's cousin.

So is Eli. :)

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Lol, the ridiculousness of Paige's college woes.  Who greenlit that story as a major plot point for Paige the granddaughter of wealthy people who most likely would of had a college trust set aside for her.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

So is Eli. :)

Lol, the ridiculousness of Paige's college woes.  Who greenlit that story as a major plot point for Paige the granddaughter of wealthy people who most likely would of had a college trust set aside for her.

Well I forgot about that however yeah I would prefer JJ/Lani never interact again. I mean if JJ/Gabi can't be allowed to interact why can't I get it for JJ/Lani at least JJ/Gabi had more chemistry and depth to their relationship in comparison. Yet the show acts like they don't know each other I wish JJ/Lani got the same treatment.

They made Paige Eve's daughter at the last minute it wasn't planned. Bev would've made more sense but I digress. They thought it would be a better story for Jennifer/Eve to have their kids fall in love. On paper I think it would work. However on screen? Eh I thought JJ was hotter with Eve... that's a very unpopular opinion I know.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well I forgot about that however yeah I would prefer JJ/Lani never interact again. I mean if JJ/Gabi can't be allowed to interact why can't I get it for JJ/Lani at least JJ/Gabi had more chemistry and depth to their relationship in comparison. Yet the show acts like they don't know each other I wish JJ/Lani got the same treatment.

They made Paige Eve's daughter at the last minute it wasn't planned. Bev would've made more sense but I digress. They thought it would be a better story for Jennifer/Eve to have their kids fall in love. On paper I think it would work. However on screen? Eh I thought JJ was hotter with Eve... that's a very unpopular opinion I know.

Wait, Paige wasn't originally supposed to be Eve's daughter.  Do you know what the original plan was.  Because when Paige showed up onscreen the initial "mystery" was that they were sort of skirting her home life, later to reveal that she was Eve's daughter. 

If that wasn't the original direction do you know what was originally supposed to be revealed?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Wait, Paige wasn't originally supposed to be Eve's daughter.  Do you know what the original plan was.  Because when Paige showed up onscreen the initial "mystery" was that they were sort of skirting her home life, later to reveal that she was Eve's daughter. 

If that wasn't the original direction do you know what was originally supposed to be revealed?

Paige was just some random character at the time Eve wasn't in the plans  just yet because they were trying to get Charlotte Ross to return and it didn't work out since the taping schedule of Days is far in advance and she was on Arrow and had other gigs. 

So they went with KDP instead as Eve and decided to make Paige, Eve's daughter instead of having Paige be just some outside character  with KDP as her mom which I heard was the original plan. They figured a star crossed lovers thing with their feuding moms would be better. On paper sure? On screen? Yeah no.

Many thought Bev was going to be Eve's daughter.

I would've preferred Bev she really should've been JJ's OTP IMO.

The JJ/Eve thing was fine with me I mean CR would've been my first choice but Paige was pointless. They could've just had JJ/Eve bang a few times and then find out who the other was after the fact.  Then secretly had a fling behind Jennifer's back because their feelings couldn't be denied. I digress though.

4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Paige was just some random character at the time Eve wasn't in the plans  just yet because they were trying to get Charlotte Ross to return and it didn't work out since the taping schedule of Days is far in advance and she was on Arrow and had other gigs. 

So they went with KDP instead as Eve and decided to make Paige, Eve's daughter instead of having Paige be just some outside character  with KDP as her mom which I heard was the original plan. They figured a star crossed lovers thing with their feuding moms would be better. On paper sure? On screen? Yeah no.

Many thought Bev was going to be Eve's daughter.

I would've preferred Bev she really should've been JJ's OTP IMO.

The JJ/Eve thing was fine with me I mean CR would've been my first choice but Paige was pointless. They could've just had JJ/Eve bang a few times and then find out who the other was after the fact.  Then secretly had a fling behind Jennifer's back because their feelings couldn't be denied. I digress though.

Ok, so KDP was always going to be Paige's mother just not necessarily the character of Eve.  I guess I'm still confused about the "mystery" of her home life.  I'm curious what the original reveal was going to be if not "Eve".

• Love 2

I think Paige's mother was going to be a hot mess regardless she probably was going to be an addict or something and Paige was embarrassed.  However yeah Paige was never intended to be Eve's kid in the first place they just threw that in there to add juice to the JJ/Paige story with their feuding moms.

I don't think the show knew what they wanted but honestly KDP should've just been some random character rather than Eve.  Course this probably explains why so many characters are ill conceived because the show doesn't really have a good plan for this sort of thing. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Paige's mother was going to be a hot mess regardless she probably was going to be an addict or something and Paige was embarrassed.  However yeah Paige was never intended to be Eve's kid in the first place they just threw that in there to add juice to the JJ/Paige story with their feuding moms.

I don't think the show knew what they wanted but honestly KDP should've just been some random character rather than Eve.  Course this probably explains why so many characters are ill conceived because the show doesn't really have a good plan for this sort of thing. 

and, the fact that Eve & Paige didn't look anything alike lost me. It seems so long ago that JJ & Eve were getting it on. Good times. LOL!!!

• Love 3

I liked Paige, never a popular opinion but nonetheless.....especially at first.  The writing for the character certainly got uneven and there were tons of missed opportunities but I always felt the chemistry between the characters.  

The only character JJ has had anything approaching chemistry with since Paige has been Theresa, on occasion, and I'm VERY glad that went no further than their eventual friendship.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

I liked Paige, never a popular opinion but nonetheless.....especially at first.  The writing for the character certainly got uneven and there were tons of missed opportunities but I always felt the chemistry between the characters.  

The only character JJ has had anything approaching chemistry with since Paige has been Theresa, on occasion, and I'm VERY glad that went no further than their eventual friendship.

I loved Paige, and them together. It was very sweet, with JJ straightening up his act to be worthy of her. I was dying for her inside when JJ was sleeping with her mother. Now all we have is Ben/Ciara and the weird Tripp/Claire/Haley thing happening. 

• Love 4
On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, bobcat1946 said:

I can not see this Stefan being in love with a wig.

And I cannot see this Stefan being pummelled to within an inch of his life by Chad.

• Love 5

Theresa's version of Kim and Shane never bothered me. They weren't above reproach - no character is - and as written, their absences - especially during Theresa's cartel drama - weren't a good look. TPTB  never had the actors really come back to show otherwise so it's not like seemed close to her nor caring about her welfare to counteract onscreen Theresa's claim about how she felt isolated from them. Different strokes, though. 

Anywho, on to current stories, the JJ and Haley stuff still doesn't click for me at all. They barely know each other, he comes off as creepy in his need to "rescue" her, plus having all these characters go hard for & against a character who is just 3 months on the canvas doesn't work for me. We barely know anything about Haley but we've got all these other characters willing to give up her life or destroy her life for their own reasons. Also, where did Melinda go? Shouldn't she be somewhere in this story instead of Ron going the white savior trope for Haley? Have we seen Melinda  since the debate? (I've missed a few eps so I am not 100% sure there). IMO JJ has less chemistry with Haley than he does with Lani. Tripp has more chemistry with Haley but I'm hoping Claire kills both Tripp and Haley at this point. 

Gabi and Stefan have chem with BB playing Stefan too. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
added something
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Camia Banus has major chemistry with everybody she works with.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Glo, er, Diana's bulging eyeballs when she finally realized John caught her was her best yet Norma Desmond.

Now JC needs to go back to Y&R. Much better character for her there.

• Love 5

"Is this why you're closed"?  Eh?  Rafe doesn't own the pub.

Brady just called Marlena "my mother".

Have we ever seen Eli actually work somebody?

"This was not premeditated".  So, the penicillin just jumped into her hand?

Why does Marlena have her checkbook with her in the hospital?  And just how much money does she keep in her checking account?

There isn't enough scenery in all of Salem for Diana to chew. "The role of Diana Cooper is now being played by Norma Desmond."

I wonder if we're going to see Ted's wife.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if we're going to see Ted's wife.

Probably, but like, who cares lol?

Diana was so much today. SO much. I loved it!

I'm still not fully feeling BB's Stefan. I'm sad about it. I need him to have more scenes with Gabi asap.

• Love 4

Brandon Barash is a more menacing version of Stefan, which to me makes him more like his father, whereas I felt like Tyler Chritopher's Stefan seemed like he was trying to be a DiMera because Vivian told him he is one.  

It was nice of them give Leo some hope for a "normal" family and allow Greg Rikaart to play a bit of vulnerability but it all feels a day late and a dollar short.  They could have given the character something to make him feel less like a one-note villain long before now, although maybe there isn't room in the show's budget for such things these days.  

Along the same lines, Diana's obsession with John and her plot to kill Marlena might have been interesting if it ever felt like she was conflicted in any way, shape, or form.  But it played so forced and silly, and Judith Chapman's performance didn't help matters.  I'm going to assume that Carlivati loves all of the giant eyes and scenery chewing, because I can't imagine why a writer would want what seemed like a dramatic story (was it supposed to be a comedy?) to be interpreted in such a manner by only one actor involved.     

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Brandon Barash is a more menacing version of Stefan, which to me makes him more like his father, whereas I felt like Tyler Chritopher's Stefan seemed like he was trying to be a DiMera because Vivian told him he is one.  

It was nice of them give Leo some hope for a "normal" family and allow Greg Rikaart to play a bit of vulnerability but it all feels a day late and a dollar short.  They could have given the character something to make him feel less like a one-note villain long before now, although maybe there isn't room in the show's budget for such things these days.  

Along the same lines, Diana's obsession with John and her plot to kill Marlena might have been interesting if it ever felt like she was conflicted in any way, shape, or form.  But it played so forced and silly, and Judith Chapman's performance didn't help matters.  I'm going to assume that Carlivati loves all of the giant eyes and scenery chewing, because I can't imagine why a writer would want what seemed like a dramatic story (was it supposed to be a comedy?) to be interpreted in such a manner by only one actor involved.     

I wonder if Judith Chapman made a conscious acting method to do the Norma Desmond eyes?  Or is that just her standard acting mode?  It comes across as comic~~I cannot take her character seriously.  The Diana character I remember was nothing like this.  And Olivia Rose(Claire) also has very prominent eyes and tends to do the 'wild eye" look more often now too. I find it distracting...

• Love 6
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Glo, er, Diana's bulging eyeballs when she finally realized John caught her was her best yet Norma Desmond.

*paging Mr DeMille! paging Mr DeMille!* Diana is SO ready for her closeup! Seriously, Norma Desmond rises from the grave!

Leo!  Nice flying dive over the table!   Well deserved.   Cash Marlena’s check anyway.   She’s got the cash.  Use the money to get out of town and start over - perhaps something in the food service or janitorial industries? Actually, kudos to the writers for making him sympathetic today - a nearly impossible task. 

Kate honey, this was not your best hair day.  But best line of the episode: ‘How many secret sons can one man have?’ But it was fun seeing you and Marlena dishing.  

Chloe- yo girl, you are certainly drawing some loving these days.  But perhaps you should ask for witness protection.  

New Stefan - I really want to at least find you a worthy bad guy.  You are just not charming me at all. In fact, you’re kind of creepy.  

Pepe Laurent! Diana has something on you.  Salem PD has a confession.  Don’t screw this up.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

In retrospect Paige was one of JJ's better love interests that's not saying much I know but TOB wasn't much of an actress to me. Plus I resented her for pushing Bev and Roxanne out of the way both of whom I preferred with JJ and thought he had chem with.

I liked him and Gabi the first time around but she was always going to want Chad and honestly how offensive that JJ would be second choice to him. Pass.

I think JJ/Theresa should just stay frenemies I can't imagine them as an actual couple. She would never love or appreciate him and he'd be her lapdog who wouldn't be that accepting of her antics when he gets negatively affected (they would be the low rent version of Lucas/Sami)

Despite all that as a young female character I did appreciate Paige actually had goals in life that didn't involve just getting a guy she wanted to be a doctor, had a best friend, a complicated relationship with her mother. 

Unlike the other females that came after her... 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

In retrospect Paige was one of JJ's better love interests that's not saying much I know but TOB wasn't much of an actress to me. Plus I resented her for pushing Bev and Roxanne out of the way both of whom I preferred with JJ and thought he had chem with.

I loved Bev, she was awesome. Her goodbye scene with JJ encapsulated my love for her, she was level-headed, shockingly self-aware, wistful concerning JJ and resolute in what she wanted out of life.. I would have preferred that actress as Paige, she resembled her grandfather Shane and had original Eve's panache.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved Bev, she was awesome. Her goodbye scene with JJ encapsulated my love for her, she was self-aware, wistful and resolute in what she wanted out of life.. I would have preferred that actress as Paige, she resembled her grandfather Shane and had original Eve's panache.. 

See that would've worked for me if she was Paige. JJ needs a chick with an attitude to bring out the edgy side. I loved that they were both potheads and were wild. Instead of making him the generic character he has turned into now.

I think they should've been the OTP(if JJ was to have one I'm not sure he was meant to honestly) both went through messy drama then later on when they were both more mature finally get together to get it right but he would be chasing her this time around. Roxanne oddly enough was who I thought Bev could've been if she matured but retained her sassy side.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

See that would've worked for me if she was Paige. JJ needs a chick with an attitude to bring out the edgy side. I loved that they were both potheads and were wild. Instead of making him the generic character he has turned into now.

I think they should've been the OTP(if JJ was to have one I'm not sure he was meant to honestly) both went through messy drama then later on when they were both more mature finally get together to get it right but he would be chasing her this time around. Roxanne oddly enough was who I thought Bev could've been if she matured but retained her sassy side.

Not to mention that JJ embracing his Johnson genes full throttle in doing bad things could have given Steve, Kayla, Adrienne  Sonny  Abigail and Jennifer stories surrounding the Johnson family legacy. I remember Jack being wary about having a son fearing he would be the embodiment of his dark side that wreaked havoc once upon a time.  So much potential was loss when JJ became a Taniel apologist. I stopped paying attention to him when they made him a Horton male. I preferred him as a Johnson.. Duke's grandson and Jack's only son should not be a generic hero.  It is sad that the legacy kids are so underdeveloped and unremarkable as characters..

Roxanne was gorgeous. If I am not mistaken, the actress has found success in primetime and movies.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not to mention that JJ embracing his Johnson genes full throttle in doing bad things could have given Steve, Kayla, Adrienne  Sonny  Abigail and Jennifer stories surrounding the Johnson family legacy. I remember Jack being wary about having a son fearing he would be the embodiment of his dark side that wreaked havoc once upon a time.  So much potential was loss when JJ became a Taniel apologist. I stopped paying attention to him when they made him a Horton male. I preferred him as a Johnson.. Duke's grandson and Jack's only son should not be a generic hero.  It is sad that the legacy kids are so underdeveloped and unremarkable as characters..

Roxanne was gorgeous. If I am not mistaken, the actress has found success in primetime and movies.

I thought that's where they were headed but I guess people(the writers I guess) found it hard to take that he was a drug dealer, who loved pot, and banged his GF's mom.  I agree they should've just had him own his darkness and have moments of decency like how he began but alas that would require nuanced writing and on this show you are either good or bad rarely in-between if ever. Also doesn't help that Abby was on and she always got the attention while he was an afterthought. Much easier to be an afterthought if you are the "nice" one.

She was gorgeous however Allison Paige (Bev) is the one that has the Primetime success.

Adriana Manifriedi(Roxanne) doesn't have a lot going on if her IMDB is any indication so I don't get why they didn't bring her back. She would be perfect especially since her character knew Jack/Jennifer/Eve and would be a better fit to this story than Haley. Course we'd be spared this stupid immigration storyline and we can't have that....

• Love 2

I wouldn't want to be put on the spot to sing for someone. Especially some aria from an opera. Unless Chloe knows them by memory.

I too enjoyed Leo lunging across the table to get to his mother. I thought his pants would have fallen off in the process.

Diana, you are so ready for your close-up. And you really had no interesting motive to go after Marlena, except that she was in the way of you reuniting with John.

Did like Kate's pot call the kettle black on how many secret sons does John have? Maybe you too have some secret kids out there that may make an appearance.

Mon Dieu, Ted's dearly departed wife may still be alive? So that part of France is also like Salem, where folks don't actually die?

Rafe, that was quite the gesture for a first anniversary with your wife. Closing a pub? You must make good money as a cop. Restaurants don't tend to stay in business if people rent them out cheaply for an evening.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I enjoyed Kate and Marlena today.  Show doesn't have these two friends interact nearly enough.

Greg Rikaart plays angry/vulnerable really well.  Today was only the second or third time I've felt bad for Leo since he's been on.  I wish they would've let GR play this side of him sooner (his Sonny-scamming was fun at first but they dragged it out for far too long).

Judith Chapman was ridiculous and I lost interest in her scenes.  Did she and Ted have an important conversation at the end?

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Judith Chapman was ridiculous and I lost interest in her scenes.  

I'm not familiar with this actress but I find her extremely mesmerizing.  I can't look away when she's on the screen. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Judith Chapman was ridiculous and I lost interest in her scenes.  Did she and Ted have an important conversation at the end?

She asked him how his wife was and he said she died two years ago.  She said that was odd because she had run across her in Avignon six months ago.  He said that was impossible, and she must be mistaken.

• Love 1

Thank you, Silver Raven.  This might be an interesting story direction.  Ted's been boring for awhile, but that may be because he's been stuck in the Hope-Rafe vortex.

26 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I'm not familiar with this actress but I find her extremely mesmerizing.  I can't look away when she's on the screen. 

In a good way or a bad way?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1