Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Salem USA is where justice goes to die.  Justin never asked Abigail if she ever thought of Thomas when she was framing Gabi.  It is like Abigail never framed Gabi  to hear Chad, JJ, Justin and etc talk today.

Nor Arianna.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

3) Hope herself was replaced with a double.

Seriously, outside of an initial shock that he is alive wouldn't half of Salem just automatically be comfortable with the revelation and just assume that maybe a Dimera had something to do with it.

Years ago, Hope and Jack commiserated when she came back as an amnesiac calling herself Gina, he was sympathetic to her plight and they bonded a bit in Aremid.  I would have preferred for Hope to explain it to Jen how Jack must be feeling confused scared and overwhelmed. I think that Ron was trying to make a joke  about Jack being a double and it failed. I also did not like Hope trashing Jack, Jennifer knows that Jack had his problems. Hope was just so annoying with Jennifer and she really pissed me off.. Shut up Hope! Also, Hope is proving to be an incompetent police commissioner in why is she not suspicious about Jack , EJ and Will all coming back from the dead in quick succession. I know that it is Salem, but, something is up, more than usual.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I thought Kate Mansi did great with Jack Ashford. It helped that they worked together before, too. Ashford really showed shock that a “stranger” was hugging him. I thought she was sincere in realizing that he doesn’t remember her and stepped back to give him space. I know everyone pretty much hates KM but I thought she did well today. Don’t @ me. LOL!!!!! Although, her first few minutes with JJ were rough. The writers really are writing Abigail as a total biotch. Jeez! This shall soon pass or when ever she & Chad leave the show. LOL!!!!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am still pissed we did not have a Johnson family storyline with Steve and Jack in 2006.

Me too.  Especially since, while Jack and Steve had some good scenes, Steve had amnesia so he didn't really remember Jack. 

Today's episode was kind of weird.  It almost felt like "excuse us for interrupting the 'Gabi lied about a baby's paternity storyline' but we have breaking news.  'Jack is alive.' We now return you to your regularly scheduled Gabi talk."  That's how I felt so many scenes were going as almost every conversation pivoted back to that.  I also was very surprised that Jennifer didn't immediately call Hope to tell her Jack was alive.  As Eve said, she's her cousin and BFF.  It seems like that's the kind of thing you'd want to discuss with her.  Or that Abigail made it until morning to be informed by JJ.  This is the kind of news you wake a daughter up for.

And I had to roll my eyes at Hope's "You had ever reason to not return directly to Jack.  Jack wasn't always the perfect husband."  Now technically, she's right.  He wasn't.  But IIRC, the "leaving" Jack did the last time was about a story which then turned into a POW story.  And I had forgotten so much of the circumstances surrounding Jennifer choosing Jack over Dan.  It's as if the show knew they couldn't have Jennifer choose anyone else and still be liked so they got them back together and got rid of him so she could return to Dan.  I would've been fine with Jennifer choosing Dan as long as Jack would have gotten another story/love interest. 

• Love 3

I am hoping that Ron will surprise us by saying that Jack's amnesia is psychosomatic in that he is subconsciously choosing not to remember his past because there were some dark chapters that includes Kayla's rape and walking away from Jennifer thinking it was the best when it was not. He is scared to remember it all. His amnesia keeps him safe just like Abigail's DID keeps her safe when she retreats into another personality.  I also hope that Ron addresses Jennifer's need to always be with a man when she is in pain and he ties it to her daddy issues. Bill was never father of the year.  Jennifer was always the idealistic one in her relationship with Jack while he was always the more pragmatic cynical one. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

Abby is such a shrew. Is there any way she can speak to a person withoutttt being super hostile and judgmental? I get she’s pissed off, offended, tired, dehydrated-  but her constant anger and acting like the world should grovel at her feet is repulsive. 

Eve looks amazing and I’m digging the shit out of her scheming. It’s probably also because Sami and Nicole and Theresa are gone and Days works best with a scammer,  sexy snarky girl messing with the bores. 

Rafe and Hope are annoying the shit out of me. He’s jealous she suggested cutie Ted lawyer Gabi, like who literally cares? Ooh I’m so pensive Hope obliquely complimented Ted I hope that doesn’t mean anything about her love for Rafe 😂 I’m actually rooting for them to break up and one or both to take an off screen business trip. 

“Cuz” “Cuz” we get it Jen and Hope are related and bff. 

Aw Leo had a mean mommy and that’s why he’s obsessed with dysfunction. They say when people have unresolved parental issues though they are attracted to replicating them. Is this plot point light shade at Sonny? 

Can you imagine being locked and cuffed in a police station being screamed at by a block of wood and still having your hair as bouncy and shiny as Gabi’s? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

BTW! Do have Hope & Rafe have like, um, sex? They don't seem like happy people at all. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

They probably do, and if that's the case, no wonder Hope is miserable.  

• Love 12
13 hours ago, SueB said:

I Google-Fu'd it: 
He had to much to drink at a book signing and threw a punch at the bartender (who refused to serve him any more).  He was charged with 3 violations; 2 were dismissed and he plead guilty to 'disorderly conduct' and paid a fine.  It was a misdimeanor.

Hopefully that brush with the law was enough to ensure he doesn't do anything foolish again.

Thanks for clarifying! Apologies, Casey Moss, for casting aspersions upon you without the details. I did think it was something pretty common among young men at a bar :) Now, did you find out if he and Paige are still together, lol? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why didn't Gabi speak up when Rafe said she was responsible for Julie falling down the stairs?  Julie falling down the stairs was her own stupid fault.  Are we supposed to think the Gabi is so overwhelmed with guilt that she's lost all of her fight?  

I don't know why they're doing it but I do now that I absolutely hate it. I dread today's scenes where I'm sure Abigail will act like the smug, self-righteous, hypocritical bitch she is while Gabi begs her for forgiveness. I can't!

5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Aw Leo had a mean mommy and that’s why he’s obsessed with dysfunction. They say when people have unresolved parental issues though they are attracted to replicating them. Is this plot point light shade at Sonny?  

LOL I love this!

38 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Now, did you find out if he and Paige are still together, lol? 

I'm bored so I checked their instagrams. The last pic of them together on her's is from May and the last pic of them together on his is from March. They don't have many posts after that though, so they're obviously not big instagram user. So, basically, I have no idea if they're still together lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Although, this is true lol. Still, it's the smugness of KM's Abigail that really irks, so the simple fact that MM was capable of being something besides smug would make this much easier to stomach. Also, MM had a warmth, even in her boringness or when she was trying to smug it up in prep for KM, and that really helped. I have said this like a million times, but it is truly astonishing that KM can not bring even an ounce of warmth to any scene. Quite frankly, I find it disturbing lol.

Years ago KM was capable of showing more emotional range.  She was never warm, mind you, but she did play befuddlement when her schemes came to light and people were repulsed by her behavior.  At the time I thought KM was truly portraying Abigail as someone with a malignant personality disorder - she wanted what she wanted when she wanted it and didn't understand why everyone didn't go along with it - but it was a long time ago and maybe the credit should go to the writers and directors, lol.  I just remember when she was gaslighting Austin and toadying up to Carrie in order to get closer to Austin, and contrived to follow Austin and Carrie on a ski trip by planning a getaway with her bestie Melanie, Mel put two and two together and was horrified at what Abigail was doing.  Abigail really did seem confused by Melanie's reaction. 

Something changed after that story wrapped up and Abigail became the hero even though she continued to do awful shit - playing Chad and that big-chinned guy against one another; playing Chad and Ben against one another; chumming up to Sami and her children in order to get in EJ's pants, etc.  For whatever reason KM no longer plays Abigail as the misunderstood sociopath but rather as a heinous, smug hag.  It's really too bad.

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

For whatever reason KM no longer plays Abigail as the misunderstood sociopath but rather as a heinous, smug hag.  It's really too bad.

Kitty Redstone, I loved your whole post, but the line above is absolutely the best description ever written to describe the essence of KM's Abigail.  Bravo!  Now I want it on a tee shirt.

One of my favorite memories of KM's misunderstood sociopath was when Sami came over to confront her and she basically hid behind her mother, slack-faced, staring and on the point of drooling, saying very little while Jenn took up the acting slack and kept Sami from dragging her out of the house and depositing her in a dumpster.

Now she just sneers and smug mugs everybody because nobody has the courage to tell her what a disaster she is.  

• Love 14

Aww, thanks Boes!

I remember that scene!  That whole story was so destructive to Sami - no way would she have allowed Abigail to get by with what she did, most especially with the way she used Sami's children.  There's still a big part of me that wonders if/suspects that JS and AS left because of the way their characters were trashed in service to Abigail. 

The whole damn thing with this character was and continues to be bizarre.  I saw a rundown the other day of all the stories MM's Abigail was given over her short 2-year run and was amazed and how front and center TPTB put this character.  She's just not that interesting or entertaining ... and she's certainly not rootable.  Again, it's mind-boggling.

I'm more than ready for a break from Abigail (and Chad, tbh). 

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Years ago KM was capable of showing more emotional range.  She was never warm, mind you, but she did play befuddlement when her schemes came to light and people were repulsed by her behavior.  At the time I thought KM was truly portraying Abigail as someone with a malignant personality disorder - she wanted what she wanted when she wanted it and didn't understand why everyone didn't go along with it - but it was a long time ago and maybe the credit should go to the writers and directors, lol.  I just remember when she was gaslighting Austin and toadying up to Carrie in order to get closer to Austin, and contrived to follow Austin and Carrie on a ski trip by planning a getaway with her bestie Melanie, Mel put two and two together and was horrified at what Abigail was doing.  Abigail really did seem confused by Melanie's reaction. 

Something changed after that story wrapped up and Abigail became the hero even though she continued to do awful shit - playing Chad and that big-chinned guy against one another; playing Chad and Ben against one another; chumming up to Sami and her children in order to get in EJ's pants, etc.  For whatever reason KM no longer plays Abigail as the misunderstood sociopath but rather as a heinous, smug hag.  It's really too bad.

Perfect post about Abigail. I wish that I could like it a million times. 

27 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I remember that scene!  That whole story was so destructive to Sami - no way would she have allowed Abigail to get by with what she did, most especially with the way she used Sami's children.  There's still a big part of me that wonders if/suspects that JS and AS left because of the way their characters were trashed in service to Abigail. 

JS hated that EJ had an affair with Abigail. He has refused to even acknowledged that stupid story. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8
34 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Aww, thanks Boes!

The whole damn thing with this character was and continues to be bizarre.  I saw a rundown the other day of all the stories MM's Abigail was given over her short 2-year run and was amazed and how front and center TPTB put this character.  She's just not that interesting or entertaining ... and she's certainly not rootable.  Again, it's mind-boggling.

The post with the episode count was deleted but 1 year KM/Abby and Dan were on every single day. Marlena and Sami were on a fraction of that and they are longtime leads, GTFOH 🙄 

• Love 7

I am finally caught up with the holiday travels so I have some thoughts on all the recent stuff.

I thought the fallout from Eve bringing Jack back was entertaining to watch but Eve's motives for being this angry don't work for me. She wasn't the town pariah and she's pissed that Jennifer didn't continue to lie for her. Eve blames Jennifer cause it's easier than accepting her own bad choices. Regardless of Eve's intentions with helping Brady with keeping Tate - to which, it reminds me of what a crappy sister Eve was to Theresa - it blew up badly and instead of owning it, she blames Jennifer in not helping her keep it covered up. Eve is too old for that teenage mentality.

Chad is trash. He definitely got some blowback on Gabi's plans regarding Abby but Chad chose to hate Abby's child. That's not on Gabi. And oddly enough, I don't recall his being that disgusted by another man's child when Abby was double dipping & he thought Thomas was Ben's child. I didn't feel that sorry for Chad, though. IIRC, he thought it was more important that Abby be allowed to play with Thomas than for Gabi to be out of jail, so meh.

Abby is just awful. how anyone sees that insufferable, egotistical mooching brat as a heroine perplexes me. She has almost no admirable traits. Also she does is flounce around and be entitled. She doesn't work and she doesn't have any aspirations. That DOOL spends so much time propping her is really bizarre.

RE: Gabi's story, I think what is really bugging me aside from everyone in town always racing to coddle Abby is there is no nuance in the revenge/ justice fallout writing. Everyone is acting extreme one way or the other in how Gabi's actions have been treated and how Abby's actions were received with very little middle ground in between. All the people quick to absolve Abby of what she & Stefan did to Gabi are quick to offer solely condemnation to Gabi for her counteractions towards Abby (less so Stefan). It's all biased one way and it's not very interesting to watch when it's so heavy handed. It would be one thing if Gabi targeted Abby for no reason but they all know why Gabi is angry but they just brush off what was done to her like her life was ruined due to Abby and Stefan. And even if Abby was sick when it happened, it doesn't seem like Abby cares what she did. She offers no remorse or sympathy for what she & Stefan did to Abby even if at the time she wasn't fully in her right mind at the time. Yet Abby wants everyone to grovel in her graces for not believing her about Gabi. Ugh. 

Rafe is the worst. Also, as terrible as Hope calling what Gabi did unforgivable considering she killed a man in cold blood and helped frame his son for that murder, she at least brought up Ted as a way to help Gabi out of her predicament. Yet "moral" Rafe, the same man who has covered up crimes and helped kidnap children while carrying a badge, is so incensed with jealousy over Ted and outrage over what Gabi did to Abby that he refuses to consider having Ted hep his sister. The same Rafe who couldn't actually be bothered to be there and support his sister post-incarceration cause he was too busy running around with Hope to 'get Ben' and hovering over Sami when she was in town. Rafe can kick rocks.

I am meh on Haley and JJ but it also feels very rushed. He went from helping her recover from a suicide attempt to having her be his date and being her protector in less than a week. Why so fast-tracked?

Elani is boring and I noticed they kiss stiffly (well, SS does). Do they even have a story? Will they ever have a story? Or will they always be supporting others in town?

Chloe and Brady work for me as friends but I'm not interested in them hooking back up. Brady is unable to keep a healthy relationship and it's inevitable that he'll end up turning on whoever is the latest love of his life within 6 months. I'm tired of that cycle so I'd rather not see Brady in a relationship for a VERY long time. 

Folks looked good at the NYE party. Looks like effort and maybe a little extra money was put in for the fashion for soiree. I appreciated that. 

• Love 11

Well, into the fire pit I go, but I'm enjoying KM/Abigail. She's supposed to be angry and flounce around -- her husband and family had her institutionalized and separated from her newborn baby. Remember MM thrashing around on that gurney while the white-coated guys pulled her out of the cabin? That anger and hurt over being torn from her baby? It was a very compelling scene. I'd be pretty damn pissed myself and it would take a while for me to warm up again. So, the fact that she's flouncing around makes complete sense to me in the story.

And I liked her in that scene with Jack -- she showed dismay, hurt, and hope in that short scene, and I especially liked her talking herself out of the finality of Jack's denial of her by repeating, "It'll be fine. We'll come back, you'll remember. It'll be fine. Just fine!" 

Gabi was so defeated at the police station. My heart went out to her, which was weird for me because like you've been pissed at Abigail, I've been pissed at Gabi for causing so much heartache. I know, I know, she was wronged, too, and the results of that beating she took are dire. But I do remember MM's Abby falling over herself with guilt and sorrow when she visited Gabi at the prison. There's nothing anyone can do or say to make Gabi able to conceive and carry a child again. Ha, except for Ron C, who I'm sure has another trick up his sleeve regarding this whole situation. 

I'll await my punishment, lol. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Well, into the fire pit I go, but I'm enjoying KM/Abigail. She's supposed to be angry and flounce around -- her husband and family had her institutionalized and separated from her newborn baby. Remember MM thrashing around on that gurney while the white-coated guys pulled her out of the cabin? That anger and hurt over being torn from her baby? It was a very compelling scene. I'd be pretty damn pissed myself and it would take a while for me to warm up again. So, the fact that she's flouncing around makes complete sense to me in the story.

And I liked her in that scene with Jack -- she showed dismay, hurt, and hope in that short scene, and I especially liked her talking herself out of the finality of Jack's denial of her by repeating, "It'll be fine. We'll come back, you'll remember. It'll be fine. Just fine!" 

Gabi was so defeated at the police station. My heart went out to her, which was weird for me because like you've been pissed at Abigail, I've been pissed at Gabi for causing so much heartache. I know, I know, she was wronged, too, and the results of that beating she took are dire. But I do remember MM's Abby falling over herself with guilt and sorrow when she visited Gabi at the prison. There's nothing anyone can do or say to make Gabi able to conceive and carry a child again. Ha, except for Ron C, who I'm sure has another trick up his sleeve regarding this whole situation. 

I'll await my punishment, lol. 

I love your posts, LastWaltz, no matter if I see things differently.  You always state your case thoroughly and well, and you have a great sense of humor.

The only punishment would be for us if you DIDN'T tell us how you see things!

• Love 9

The Gabi/Abby scenes were well done today and both actresses were spot on--CB has been outstanding this entire storyline and KM did a good job today too.  Abby talked about her hurt that Gabi pretended to be her friend and then Gabi fired back with all of her hurt and anger at what Abby's lies cost her and KM actually showed a visible reaction of shame.  I also liked that Abby really listened to what Gabi had to say and I think it finally hit home that Gabi's revenge scheme didn't happen out of nowhere, that Abby was as responsible for Gabi's misery as Gabi was responsible for Abby's.  And I can't believe I'm saying this but good for Abby for not wanting to press charges on Gabi--they've hurt each other enough.  Very mature :)

Man, but Dr. Rolf gets around doesn't he?  How many people has he brought back from near death? at least four?  And Xander was luckily at the Nashville warehouse to save Jack.  Again, Eve's plan to hurt Jenn using Jack seems really contrived but I'm enjoying MR and MA interacting too much to pick out plot holes.

I love JJ but Hailey seems really high-strung.  He might want to re-think getting involved with her.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 17
26 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Gabi/Abby scenes were well done today and both actresses were spot on--CB has been outstanding this entire storyline and KM did a good job today too.  Abby talked about her hurt that Gabi pretended to be her friend and then Gabi fired back with all of her hurt and anger at what Abby's lies cost her and KM actually showed a visible reaction of shame.  I also liked that Abby really listened to what Gabi had to say and I think it finally hit home that Gabi's revenge scheme didn't happen out of nowhere, that Abby was as responsible for Gabi's misery as Gabi was responsible for Abby's.  And I can't believe I'm sating this but good for Abby for not wanting to press charges on Gabi--they've hurt each other enough.  Very mature :)

This X 1000.  I was really happy that they did NOT have Gabi doing the apology tour - weep, prostrate herself before her "betters", castigate herself for her horribleness, etc.  She OWNED her destruction and quite possibly Abby realized she was not the complete innocent she thought she was.  One of the VERY few times I have not hated KM's Abby.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Gabi/Abby scenes were well done today and both actresses were spot on--CB has been outstanding this entire storyline and KM did a good job today too.  Abby talked about her hurt that Gabi pretended to be her friend and then Gabi fired back with all of her hurt and anger at what Abby's lies cost her and KM actually showed a visible reaction of shame.  I also liked that Abby really listened to what Gabi had to say and I think it finally hit home that Gabi's revenge scheme didn't happen out of nowhere, that Abby was as responsible for Gabi's misery as Gabi was responsible for Abby's.  And I can't believe I'm sating this but good for Abby for not wanting to press charges on Gabi--they've hurt each other enough.  Very mature :)

You've got me wondering if I'll have a similar reaction to their scenes when I watch or if I will just be annoyed at Abby. It shouldn't have taken Abby this long to catch on considering Gabi has already flat out said to her how much pain Abby & Stefan caused her and that is why she is angry at Abby. I know some folks are just slow learners, though. 

I just dread folks in Salem heralding Abby as being the bigger / better person by not pressing charges when really, the OTT anger and lack of layers in understanding Gabi's motivations even if not agreeing with them seems to be absent in the writing and/or acting choices so it is making for a bland fallout story IMO.

• Love 6

I really kind love that Xander is this free radical, that he's always got a scheme and an agenda and he'll team up with whoever to get it done.  And also that the show doesn't try to make him a regular presence - he just pops in, pops his shirt off, causes some mischief, and skedaddles.

I also loved how Gabi laid it out for Abigail today.  It reminded me of something that always irritated me with Natalie and Jessica on OLTL, that when things got tough, Jessica got to fall to pieces and turn into Tess and then be coddled and have all her heinousness excused when she deigned to take control again (especially once we heard Jessica admit that she'd sometimes feel Tess coming and let her take the reins) while Natalie just had to suck it up and deal and then was not allowed to be angry about little things like Tess trying to kill her.  So Gabi getting to say all that to Abigail, to lay out how badly that part of Abigail hurt her, and how she didn't have a persona to hide behind like Abigail did, and for Abigail to really listen and take that in was so, so great.

But oh, you know Julie is gonna be sooooooooo pissed Abigail didn't press charges!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Jack and Jennifer were wonderful today.  I feel like today's show is the start of Jennifer's redemption from the tan man.  The scene where she told Jack that she has never loved anyone the way that she loves him was amazing. This is how you write a couple, the younger couples have nothing on the supercouples. It is not fair to say that because they had bigger budgets and great writers that the new couples simply don't have.  Ron may be writing, but, Sherry who created Jack is right there given him her knowledge. I loved the references to Oscar Wilde that Jack used to quote. Jack was not only a handsome man, but, he was an intelligent well-read man who was not shy about letting you know it. First the jade plant and now Oscar Wilde. If they reference baby Hannah soon, then, Sherry is definitely influencing Ron. 

Eve is beneath contempt, how can she hate Jennifer more than Ben. If Ben was a Horton, then, I guess her motivations would make sense. She is just ridiculous.  What is her endgame exactly?

Kayla's reaction to finding out about Jack was very interesting. I just hope that Ron can be very sensitive in how he writes Kayla/Jack. Steve needs to be here for this. I don't care what Stephen Nichols want, Ken Corday needs to give it to him. 

I actually liked the scenes between Gabi and Abigail. The ladies should never have been friends, given that Gabi's plans to snag Chad led to Jack's death years ago.  That should have been brought up in their conversation.  They should never be friends again. Some friendships are not meant to last. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

"I try to stay out of the sun."  Ha, Dead Jack made a joke!

I wonder if they brought Kate Mansi back solely to be able to use her for the Jack/Abigail flashbacks.

I am SO loving that Gabi is standing up for herself and not groveling.

• Love 4

Is Abby's horrible hair a manifestation of her recent trauma? Because the trauma is over now, Dad's home, things are looking up. Please make an appointment with a stylist (preferably Gabi's) ASAP.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

[Abigail]'s supposed to be angry and flounce around -- her husband and family had her institutionalized and separated from her newborn baby.

I just wish she could show a little bit of understanding, especially to Jennifer and JJ. Abigail should remember that just a year ago she killed Andre and went so insane that she tried to kill 3 women and framed her friend for murder and her family had no idea. She should understand why they were scared this time and empathize with the decisions they made. OK, maybe not Chad, he's an asshole lol, but Jennifer and JJ did nothing wrong. Abigail has no empathy or compassion and that's what ruins her every time, even when she has some good points.

I am so pleased with the Abigail/Gabi scenes. I'm shocked they went that way. Thanks for not sucking, writers! Hell, KM even managed to show something other than smug. Although I, like @Chick2Chic, am annoyed that now will get even more 'OMG you're so amazing!" from everyone. Oh well, I'll just fast forward all that!

I continue to love Jack and Jack/Jennifer. Great stuff. I also still like KDP and MA together so I'm excited to see how that goes now. 

I continue to be impressed with the Haley actress. I just expected her to be so bad lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

Did they show what Eve gave Xander in the trade? It looked like a flash drive 😑Whatever. 

Jen planting one on Jack was awfully presumptuous considering he doesn’t know who the fuck she is and has some guarded reactions to her. That being said, they still have chemistry and this show needs a strong lead couple that isn’t gross. It’s a show known for generations for super couples so I say bring it on I’m interested and invested. 

Ok Eve got her revenge on Jen for bringing back her dead love of her life who didn’t know who the hell she is so it hurts her feelings...but he still is in good shape and is kind and the fam is willing to take whatever interaction they get gratefully so this vengeance is kinda a bust. She looks great though and is nailing the shit out of the scenes maybe she can ruin Rafe, Brady, or Stefan’s lives next. 

Haley is too dramatic and flying off the handle for my liking. Being perpetually upset at others over minor things isn’t how you want to go into 2019. Even Abby is ditching that shit. Anyhow I actually get human trafficking, married, or illegal alien vibes. Also what the fuck Kayla “it’s my business is a nurse tries to kill herself...especially on the job” yes god forbid someone snuff themselves while clocked in. I get what she meant it just sounds so weird. Like it’s worse if it happens on hospital property please resign first and do it elsewhere. Also Failure screwed EJ an engaged hospital board chair on the clock numerous x and Kayla defended it; so casual sex with married/engaged bosses while you should be working is okay 👌🏼 but depression inexcusable. 

I’m glad Abby didn’t press charges but feel this is a tentative detente. 

Julie get a life! 🏃🏼‍♀️

• Love 7

It was so refreshing to hear Gabi get to speak her mind openly and honestly with Abigail without all of the fangs and daggers.  And, when they had Abigail actually sit and listen to her, rather than spit and curl her lip, I had a hunch that Abigail wasn't going to press charges.  And since I rarely miss an opportunity to deride Kate Mansi's acting choices, I'll say that only once did I wonder what Marci Miller would have done throughout all of those scenes, lol.  

And then to have Jack and Jennifer have a real conversation that wasn't filled with all of the clunky dialogue and missed questions soap writers use to drag out a story...what was up with this show today??? 

• Love 12

I don't know if Kayla would be over the line regarding a not hugely experienced nurse. Maybe talk to HR about it, or the nurse's supervisor. Not the chief of staff's business.

Haley also should not be flying off the handle at almost everything. Maybe put on paid leave for a few weeks.

Julie went back to her holier than thou fawning over Chad and the baby. Find something to do, lady. You are not responsible for deciding what will make someone happy - the vibe I got from her. The problem is between Chad and Abigail. Gabi may have been a catalyst, but there were a lot of cracks in their relationship that won't be fixed instantly by Fairy Godmother Julie. Chad and Abigail need to own up to their own actions and behavior.

Was kind of surprised that Abs and Gabi had a relatively mature conversation of their misdeeds. Maybe Abigail got a small sense of what she had actually done - and did her best to understand empathy and compassion. Abigail did a lot of horrible things - both when she had her mental health issues and when she didn't. A tune-up from Grandma is only a short term fix for her - she will most likely need therapy for the rest of her life. But that has been glossed over. Gabi, just say thank you, walk away, and live your best life. Lets Abs and Chad deserve each other.

Jenn, you really did not need to plant one on Jack. He has no idea who you are. Showing him some pictures? That won't work.

Would love to know what Eve and Xander's plan is. If Xander is alive and well, maybe Nicole is too. And of course Dr. Rolf is involved with this. Kayla, it won't be too hard to get the documents back from the hospital administrator.  Maybe Will kept some private notes.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Did Kayla offer Haley any help or suggest a therapist?

She had to run out but then told Haley they were going to talk after Haley passed on her shift notes (which was a responsible thing to do).  So it may be a future scene. 

I REALLY enjoyed the Abby/Gabi scenes.   I think how damaged Gabi was came as a surprise to Abigail.  KM did a good job of showing that Abby was really listening.  Further, Abby has been clear that she owns the actions her alters did (consistent with keeping the baby).   Finally, I wonder if seeing Jack made her realize that Arianna’s needs come first.   Jack’s return is such a sea state change for Abby — it may be providing some perspective.   

Regardless, I approve of her choice.  I think she left the relationship with Gabi in an excellent ‘endstate’.   ‘Damage done on both side, let’s focus on our children and not each other.’  That’s a proper end IMO. 

And if Chad focuses on his own life, that’s a better choice too.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 13

During my hey day of soap viewing, I could name the good script writers who could always give characters, even the designated 'patsy' a fact-based and psychologically honest point of view. Today was my favorite episode since I've been back because I feel like a lot of the characters got to have those points of view and obvious questions were asked instead of creating unnecessary confusion.

Gabi and Abigail were probably the epitome of this today; although I suspect it's just a way to avoid having to send Gabi to jail.  It still worked for Gabi to not only explain her point of view but for Abigail to have an ounce of empathy to accept it. 

There were two misunderstandings with JJ's scenes today and both were cleared up.  JJ was able to tell Kayla about Jack and that he didn't tell Kayla about her suicide attempt.  One criticism I have is that it's going to be hard for the show to explain why Steve wouldn't come back for Jack since apparently she actually got a hold of her husband instead of a voice mail. 

Even amnesiac Jack got a point of view through Jennifer. Even if he couldn't remember his past, Jennifer did and things like his sham marriage to Eve was exposed early. I honestly expected the show to try and retcon that relationship as a love match.  It would have been even better had Jennifer mentioned Frankie but at least that lie was exposed early.  And for as much as Jack appears to feel "nothing"  he seemed into that kiss.  And I like that as robotic as he is, emotion still pours out whenever he's with his family.  He may not feel it personally but there's something about these conversations that is compelling to him.

Xander and Eve was the most expositiony part of the show but I am curious as to what Eve had that he wanted and to learn why they saved Jack.  Because Will makes sense given he's Marlena's grandson (and EJ's stepson)*.  EJ makes sense, of course.  But I don't really recall Jack having much of a connection to the Dimiera family.  I do wonder if Jack's return might have had even more impact had the flashbacks we saw today actually were shown a few weeks ago "in real time" which would heighten the anticipation of when everyone else in Salem saw Jack. 

*I wasn't watching.  Was it explained why?

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 11

I'm loving these posts about yesterday's episode although in my area, the show was replaced with our governor's inauguration -- of all things. I'll catch up today because it sounds like an episode I ought not to miss. I'm hopeful about the Abby/Gabi scenes and like everyone else, I'm delighted that Jack is back and there are signs of life in Jennifer! 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

[Eve] looks great though and is nailing the shit out of the scenes maybe she can ruin Rafe, Brady, or Stefan’s lives next. 

Or, better yet, Ben's. At least that would make sense.

Also Failure screwed EJ an engaged hospital board chair on the clock numerous x and Kayla defended it; so casual sex with married/engaged bosses while you should be working is okay 👌🏼 but depression inexcusable. 

Wait, Kayla defended Abigail fucking Sami's husband? Damn lol. 

• Love 4

Sami went to Kayla and asked that she fire Abby because she violated hospital rules about getting involved with a board member. 

At the time Sami and Kate were running Dimera so Sami was threatening to withhold their yearly donation which the hospital was counting on. 

Kayla sort of dug in her heels and refused to fire Abby, and wasn't particularly sympathetic to Sami at all. 

She defended Abby in the sense of "Abby was taken advantage of by EJ". 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

Yikes, I forgot about that. What was going ON back then?? 

The board has never really forgiven Kayla for not defending Sami and siding with Abigail. As a huge Kayla fan, it was very hard to defend it. I can only fanwank that Kayla held a grudge against Sami for being with EJ, a man who tortured members of the Brady family, EJ enjoyed tormenting Steve. So Kayla would believe that EJ took advantage of Abigail. Plus, Sami was pretty friendly with Ava at some point.   Another vile character who hurt her family and did kill her father.  Sami has done some awful things against her own family. So, I will not hold Kayla's disloyalty against her. Plus, it was bad writing intended to prop Abigail..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

What made it particularly worse (besides Kayla siding with Abby over Sami) was that Abby was horrible at the job as ahe never went to work and only got the position because of Jennifer.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

What made it particularly worse (besides Kayla siding with Abby over Sami) was that Abby was horrible at the job as ahe never went to work and only got the position because of Jennifer.

This ALWAYS bugged me.  No business that is not family owned would EVER allow a family member to be a direct report.  I get that in a town like Salem everyone is a family member but in that particular instance the nepotism really bugged.  Most companies have a policy that if someone is a supervisor the family member must at least be in a different department they can not be a direct report.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Honestly, right now, the rest of the show can kick rocks. I'm here for Jack and Jenn redeeming herself through Jack. And I agree. Jack was into that kiss.

I haven't watched in ages but MA/Jack were the reason I tuned into Days 3 decades ago and are why I'm back to watching now. I haven't always loved Jenn, especially during the Dr Dan Tan phase, but I am absolutely here for a Jack/Jenn reunion, although, again, that's secondary to have MA/Jack back. 

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Also Failure screwed EJ an engaged hospital board chair on the clock numerous x and Kayla defended it; so casual sex with married/engaged bosses while you should be working is okay 👌🏼 but depression inexcusable. 

They only screwed a couple of times but that doesn't detract from your point that it happened and that Kayla didn't care about a violation of hospital rules then. That she was totally sympathetic to only Abby and also tried to spin it that EJ took advantage of Abby when it was Abby chasing EJ at that point just made it even worse to listen to Kayla. I had only just started forgiving Kayla for running around screaming in Carly's face that she was the whore who broke up Bo & Hope's marriage even though Hope had moved out and in to Casa Kiriakis due to marriage issues with Bo before Carly even showed up back in Salem.

My take on the Gabi vs Abby scene in Thursday's ep is that Gabi telling Abby that they basically did the same things to each other but that unlike Abby [Gabi] couldn't hide behind an alter hit Abby like a ton of bricks. I think Abby finally recognized that and what her actions (with Stefan) unleashed. Even though she was sick, she still wrecked someone's life and a simple apology wasn't going to undo all the damage. I personally liked that Gabi didn't apologize to nor thank Abby for not pressing charges because we know Gabi is still too enraged to really be sorry for her revenge against Abby not to mention none of this would have happened had Gabi not been targeted in the first place. (I also think the case against Gabi is weak as we viewers know she did some illegal stuff and aside from her confession, which I could see any attorney getting dismissed, how much could actually have been proven in court with physical evidence?)

The Jack and Jen scenes were good. I also enjoyed Eve and Xander's sparring. That said, Eve's anger at Jen and the motive of her wanting to stick it to "that lying bitch" Jen by using Jack remains very thin. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I had only just started forgiving Kayla for running around screaming in Carly's face that she was the whore who broke up Bo & Hope's marriage even though Hope had moved out and in to Casa Kiriakis due to marriage issues with Bo before Carly even showed up back in Salem.

What?! Stop reminding me of reasons to be mad at Kayla! : ) Aside from Jennifer and Kayla, Carly was my favorite character on this show, and always my number one choice for Bo. Anyone remember their long route to love? I loved the song "From a Distance" because of them. And I loved her return until they messed with her. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

They only screwed a couple of times but that doesn't detract from your point that it happened and that Kayla didn't care about a violation of hospital rules then. That she was totally sympathetic to only Abby and also tried to spin it that EJ took advantage of Abby when it was Abby chasing EJ at that point just made it even worse to listen to Kayla. I had only just started forgiving Kayla for running around screaming in Carly's face that she was the whore who broke up Bo & Hope's marriage even though Hope had moved out and in to Casa Kiriakis due to marriage issues with Bo before Carly even showed up back in Salem.

The whole town treating Carly like dirt made no sense. They all loved Carly, in her first run of the show.  What she did for Shawn-Douglas alone should have always been at the forefront of their minds, even if they were team Hope.   Kayla and Kim were always very protective of their baby brother, but, even I thought Kayla was out of line. Nothing will top how Kayla treated Kim over Shane. That was some bad writing.  Sherry had to come back and fix Kayla before sending her off with Stefanie...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kayla and Kim were always very protective of their baby brother, but, even I thought Kayla was out of line. Nothing will top how Kayla treated Kim over Shane. That was some bad writing..

Oy, there's more....I think I stopped watching in protest for a time when they tried that Kayla/Shane thing. 

• Love 2