Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Imo the hooker Chloe should not be raising Holly especially with that thug Brady Black.

Well considering Holly's own parents were no saints, I don't know if that is a stone one would throw.

Not for nothing but if I was going to perish in a burning building I would be shouting to the nearest "pulse" to take care of my nearby child.  Doesn't make it a well thought out decision.  It also doesn't translate to the fact that if I sat down and really thought about the decision that the person I picked would be the same person who I screamed to from a burning building.  Now in Nicole's case she did do that and her choice was Chloe. 

My issue with this whole thing is that truthfully the only people IMO who have an "actual" connection to Holly whom she knows are Maggie, Chloe, and Brady.  Brady is a no for obvious reasons, and between Maggie and Chloe I can totally see why Nicole chose Chloe, and I think Maggie can see why as well. 

Eric for all his good intentions, his actual motivations have nothing to do with Holly.  This is all about Nicole and how she was the love of his life, and how he was robbed of a life with her.  He is trying to remedy/make that up by raising her daughter.  Outside of the incredibly poor taste it would be considering how Daniel died, I don't even see how him raising Holly is the "right" thing to do. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 2

Although we know know that Gabi switch the paternity report that Abby received, she did not change the actual results in the hospital computer records. So unless Abby kept the original results (and why would she), there is no physical evidence to link Gabi to that unless she confesses all to the cops.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Jennifer:
- Should have flown to whereeverstan her mother was and got Dr. Laura to see Abigail.  Or dragged Marlena there.  Having her committed was an extreme.

Grandma was on a trip and couldn't be reached at the time and Marlena was recuperating in the hospital from being shot, in a coma and almost dying. The last time Abby's loved ones ignored her mental illness, she kidnapped, imprisoned and almost killed three women. They were informed that one of her alters was back and assaulted Gabi. Abby did not want to see any other doctors to get evaluated. She ran out of the hospital and ended divorcing Chad and marrying Stefan.

When Chad found out, he secretly went behind Jennifer's back and made the deal with Stefan to get Abby committed and in return he would hand the baby to him.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SueB said:

OTOH, Gabi has very little justification for ruining Chad's life.  He stood by Gabi's side even as she went to prison. He fought for her.  Chad was collateral damage.  Knowingly.  In her right mind.  Gabi needs to suffer some consequences and SHE seriously needs psychiatric help. 

Been a while since my eyes glazed over in rage during Gabi's incarceration but wasn't Gabi left to rot in prison even after Chad learned the truth that Abby killed Andre as he focused on how much more important it was that Abby get to spend time with Thomas?

I do think if anyone had given Gabi some condolences and compassion upon her release that it would have tempered some of her rage but folks were too busy trampling over her so they could coddle Abby. Gabi was basically told to suck up what was maliciously done to her Abby's feelings mattered more.

I am waiting for Rafe to come through in continuing to be a terrible brother. He has really let all his siblings down. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I am waiting for Rafe to come through in continuing to be a terrible brother. He has really let all his siblings down. 

Starting with Arianna. I love Sami but he betrayed his sister for Sami and his sister died were they were still at odds.

Gabi has always supported Rafe in everything he has done and has never turned her back on him. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

The last time Abby's loved ones ignored her mental illness, she kidnapped, imprisoned and almost killed three women. They were informed that one of her alters was back and assaulted Gabi. Abby did not want to see any other doctors to get evaluated. She ran out of the hospital and ended divorcing Chad and marrying Stefan.

And it hasn't even been a year since that all went down. Again, I don't think her family was asking too much of Abby to see a shrink since her alters had fooled them before but her ego was too dented at their audacity. Abby cut her own throat with bad decisions when the easiest one - aka seeing a shrink - was also the least painful and would also mean the least amount of sacrifice for her.

4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Starting with Arianna. I love Sami but he betrayed his sister for Sami and his sister died were they were still at odds.

Gabi has always supported Rafe in everything he has done and has never turned her back on him. 

Yep. The main reason I hate Rafe is he was willing to ruin his sister to cover up a crime. I remember his relief when she died so she couldn't spill the beans. He is forever trash to me for that. 

IIRC, Dario only showed up back then because Rafe put in no effort in finding out who killed Arianna cause all he cared about was his lies & the cover up not being exposed. 

Edited by Chick2Chic
fixed something.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, SueB said:

- Kate also let Chad be collateral damage.  I LOVED that Chad called her out on that and told her to get the hell out of his life.  I wish he had been more emotional than simply "cold".  That betrayal should have been more dramatic in fallout IMO.

I wonder if Chad will remember that he just screwed over Sonny (his best friend) and let him take the rap for something he knew that Sonny didn't do.  Chad remained quiet much like Kate did.  This show is so draped in self righteous, hypocrites.  

• Love 8
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Wow, more racism.  Show needs to stop that.

Yea, it's a really bad look. Do TPTB even understand what they're doing? I can't tell.

How is speaking to Gabi in her native tongue confused for racism? And it was about himself to boot!

Edited by MsTree
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

"You know, they say ... those who way things." I liked that line.

Damn, Camila is killing it.  Emmy time.

I missed this line and I'm not sure I get what she meant? And yes, Emmy time indeed. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Nicole's last wish was that Eric take care of Holly. She didn't say raise my child. And it wouldn't matter (IRL, anyway) if Brady took out a full page ad in the New York Times that he heard what Nicole said. What she said can obviously be interpreted more than one way. 

Seriously though.

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

Although we know know that Gabi switch the paternity report that Abby received, she did not change the actual results in the hospital computer records. So unless Abby kept the original results (and why would she), there is no physical evidence to link Gabi to that unless she confesses all to the cops.

Right! I'm so annoyed with her doing the 'right thing' and confessing to this shit because otherwise she would almost certainly get away with it all because there is no proof.

8 hours ago, A.J. said:

I wonder if Chad will remember that he just screwed over Sonny (his best friend) and let him take the rap for something he knew that Sonny didn't do.  Chad remained quiet much like Kate did.  This show is so draped in self righteous, hypocrites.  

RIGHT! Chad is working my last nerve the past two days. Bitch, you have no leg to stand on!

• Love 5

@nilyank ITA there's no justification for Abigail refusing to see any other psychologist.  I think the 'soap-time' effect is an issue.  Wasn't Marlena shot in .. October?  The number of days on the show is always wonky.  I just think getting Marlena or Dr Laura there should have been a priority for Jennifer.

@Chick2Chic I thought Chad was back and forth to the prison a great deal during that time.  Only he and Rafe were actively trying to get Gabi out.  I'm not remotely all-in for 'Team Chad' (he was an asshole about the baby IMO and an asshole with Sonny), but I thought he was pretty steadfastly loyal regarding Gabi.

EVERY character has something that makes them sympathetic and something that makes them unlikeable.  I presume that's on purpose so we can pick and choose our favorites.  Although I still have a hard time seeing Ben get a redemption story that is evidently working for many. Apparently there is no bridge too far in soap-land.   

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, SueB said:

@nilyank ITA there's no justification for Abigail refusing to see any other psychologist.  I think the 'soap-time' effect is an issue.  Wasn't Marlena shot in .. October?  The number of days on the show is always wonky.  I just think getting Marlena or Dr Laura there should have been a priority for Jennifer.

Abby and company specifically went to the hospital to see if Marlena could see her even though all of them knew that she was still recovering from what Kristen did to her.  It was just another case of Abby's entitlement that she expected Marlena to give her a psychological evaluation from her own hospital bed because she refused to see anyone else. Jennifer tried reaching her mother but Laura was incommunicado. With those two choices out, Jennifer through Kayla found another doctor but Abby didn't want to see that person.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, SueB said:

On custody battles: The rarely seen child is so incredibly important until "possession" of the child is determined.  They they are off with Harold the butler...

Rarely seen, indeed! I’m three episodes behind right now so I might be behind on family scenes, but since I started watching again a few months ago, I’ve seen Arianna once, Holly two or three times, and Parker and Thomas not at all. I’m just taking people’s word for it that they exist. 

Its not a big loss, since child actors are rarely good, but it is a little ridiculous. 

• Love 4

"Every single second."  Stefan vs. Gabi was good fun.  I suspect he quickly gave up his plan to actually hurt her, as he realized he'd found a kindred spirit when she told him she enjoyed doing what she did to him.  Sign me up for more of these two!

I don't know what's gotten into Tyler Christopher but he's actually been bringing some life to his scenes over the past couple of weeks.  A nice change of pace.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Abby and company specifically went to the hospital to see if Marlena could see her even though all of them knew that she was still recovering from what Kristen did to her.  It was just another case of Abby's entitlement that she expected Marlena to give her a psychological evaluation from her own hospital bed because she refused to see anyone else. Jennifer tried reaching her mother but Laura was incommunicado. With those two choices out, Jennifer through Kayla found another doctor but Abby didn't want to see that person.

I was speaking of the WEEKS after that moment. Again, no excuses for Abigail's entitlement.  Just saying that I think Jen could have done more.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

So my time off has gotten me finally caught up.....I am way late to the party but the Halloween episode was great.  Loved seeing the actors play out of character and campy, especially Hope.  I thought Julie and Doug were exceptionally good, as was Hattie.

Even when I wasnt watching any more, I always tuned in for the Christmas episodes with the Horton tree trimming, and it was always something I looked forward to.  It saddened me this year how short it was and how few people were there.  And speaking of Christmas, yesterdays episode was confusing with the timeline.  ALL of the Christmas decorations were gone!  All 3 sets for DiMeras, Kirikias and Brady were stripped of everything!  Even the stupid tree at DiMera that only had one freakin ornament on it.  But it was supposed to be the day after Christmas because Chad said Gabi confessed and he let her have Christmas with Ari before calling police.  Also, Gabi was still in her Christmas dress.  So how/when did the decoartion all come down, when Stefan said staff was all off for holidays?  But then Eric and Sarah were talking like it was New Years Eve day.  I know I am nit-picking, but I couldnt get past the time line inconsistency, and was hoping we would get to see other characters enjoying the holiday, instead we got one episode and that was it.  Disappointing.  Oh, and one more thing.....that silver coffee pot Stefan poured coffee from was soooooo tarnished!  lol. Someone slacking on polishing the silver!

Gabi been killing it, and I think also Stefan.  Must admit I have always loved TC and I think his reactions the past few days have been great.  I, like Julie, felt sorry for him.  Julie has also been killing it, and she has looked fantastic....hair, makeup, clothes have never looked better.

I agree with everyone take here on KM....she makes Abby so damn unlikable....like I have no sympathy for her at all.  MM hair drove me nuts, but she had a vulnerability to her that made Abby softer, whereas KM plays Abs as insufferable.  I wanted Jen to smack the shit out of her on Christmas Eve!  Not to mention, without the wig I wouldnt know the differnce between Abby and Gabby!  I liked MM when she played Gabby and I wish they wouldve let the Gabby alter stay and be with Stefan and ditched Abby for awhile...like years.  That would have set up a lot of storylines for years to come.  At this point, I cant wait for KM and Abby to be gone, even if I am sad that Chad is going with her.

Now I am just looking forward to Jack!  And dreading Nicole.....that character and the nonstop tears bugs the crap outta me.  I want Eric to finally be free of her and cant believe they arent leaving her dead, and so soon. (Very unpopular opinion, I know, I know!)

I have 2 questions.....why did Gabi clap her hands once at top of stairs after Julie fell?  it was one loud deliberate clap and I cant figure out why?  Is Rex coming back or was his appearance just a short stint?

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 5

I was also confused and put off by the timeline inconsistencies -- in Gabi's world, it's the day after Christmas while across town at the Brady Pub, it's New Year's Eve. I get they have a lot in store for the NYE episodes and want a few days for it to unfold, but it's just sloppy work. As if that would make me stop watching, ha. 

• Love 2

Ron can be cute on twitter all he wants but Elani still don have an actual story nor have they other than their ONS baby dying arc. Nor do they have any chemistry that I can see. 

Ron can be cute on twitter all he wants but Elani still don have an actual story nor have they other than their ONS baby dying arc. Nor do they have any chemistry that I can see. 

• Love 5

As I speculated in the spoilers thread, the 10 seconds of Eve in vixen mode we got as the cliffhanger was the most I've ever liked her, a vast improvement over head-over-heels-for-Brady-peen "heroine" Eve.  And something about the way Kassie shrugged off that cloak...hot stuff.

Speaking of the cloak, while it's very soapy, the "who could this be?!?!" masking was kinda ridiculous in these spoiler-y times of ours.  I was reminded of Brenda's return to GH a few years ago, which the network blared about at the top of their lungs for weeks, only for her first episode to be all brunette locks and shaky hands, like, WE GET IT.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

They don't have much chemistry, but, they do look good together..

• Love 4

I thought it was kind of rude of Eve to drop her coat on the floor. Doesn’t she know to check in her coat? LOL!!! Kassie DePavia looked amazing in her web inspired dress. Actually, everyone looked beautiful. Kudos to the wardrobe department. The cliffhanger was fun and I’m looking forward to Monday’s pickup. Happy New Years everyone!!!!

• Love 11

Enjoyed today's ep.  Chloe dress was gorgeous, as was Jen's. GV hot as always and Brady is still a dick!  I think that was the same cloak Viv wore last year.  I was actually wondering before the reveal is it Eve or Viv or Nic....which I enjoyed.  Was happy to see the Christmas tree and decorations still up at Doug's Place.  I hope the Horton Center doesnt depend on this benefit for the majority of their budget seeing as how there were like 6 people there!  Seriously it was embarassing....no Hope or Rafe or any of the young set, no Kayla or Abby or Chad or Maggie or Abe or Marlena and John?  WTF is up with that?  Can they please stop acting like Nicole is the backbone of the Center....seriously, she was court ordered to work there and was only there a few months so stop pretending she was this selfless charitable person.  

Dreading this whole custody story and was glad to hear Justin give it to Eric straight.  Sarah needs to take a seat...you've been here like 5 minutes and really has no business even having an opinion on it.  Liking the nurse and JJ.  

• Love 10

I knew it was going to be Eve, but if I'd been unspoiled, I think I would have been disappointed seeing her, and not Vivian or Nicole.  But I did/do like that they basically replicated the story from last year with the mystery woman, and mystery man. And the woman being revealed at midnight.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

"Every single second."  Stefan vs. Gabi was good fun.  I suspect he quickly gave up his plan to actually hurt her, as he realized he'd found a kindred spirit when she told him she enjoyed doing what she did to him.  Sign me up for more of these two!

I don't know what's gotten into Tyler Christopher but he's actually been bringing some life to his scenes over the past couple of weeks.  A nice change of pace.

Yes, I forgot to comment yesterday that the chemistry between those two was off the charts.  Would LOVE it if somehow Stefan decided that Gabi could be useful here and somehow gets her off of these charges.  I do NOT want the Gabi apology tour where she needs to weep, grovel, and basically admit she is a horrible person while Chad and Abby get to look like poor innocent victims who would NEVER, EVER, EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD be mean to anyone or self-centered enough to make sure your wife stays out of jail while letting an innocent person get beat while rotting in jail.

1 hour ago, Cupcake04 said:

I think that was the same cloak Viv wore last year.  I was actually wondering before the reveal is it Eve or Viv or Nic....which I enjoyed.  Was happy to see the Christmas tree and decorations still up at Doug's Place.  I hope the Horton Center doesnt depend on this benefit for the majority of their budget seeing as how there were like 6 people there!  Seriously it was embarassing....no Hope or Rafe or any of the young set, no Kayla or Abby or Chad or Maggie or Abe or Marlena and John?  WTF is up with that?  Can they please stop acting like Nicole is the backbone of the Center....seriously, she was court ordered to work there and was only there a few months so stop pretending she was this selfless charitable person.  

I was a little disappointed in the whole "mysterious woman with a cloak" thing.  I kept wondering if this is going to be the new New Year's Eve trope.  Someone comes to the party covered in a cloak - who could it be?  And don't you know, they are assuming Nicole is dead - that makes her a saint!

On a completely shallow note - Haley is very tiny.  Did they really need to cram her in a dress that was so tight the back bunched up because it didn't fit over her hips?  Was it supposed to be for one of the children and they decided to use it on her because the scene was cut?

• Love 8

Could Brady be more obvious he likes Chloe?

Haley needs to take a chill pill. Henry’s kinda weird looking, but seems nice. Missy Reeves/Jen is tan because she spent a lot of time in Israel earlier this year. Eve flinging off her cape/coat dramatically 😂 like “yes bitch I’ve arrived” then Brady took a giant gulp. 😆 they’re laying it on thick Nicole was all about philanthropy and some community hero then again we’re repeatedly informed Abby is a role model. I did see chemistry between Stefan and Gabi. Maybe they can be misanthropes together. 

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Could Brady be more obvious he likes Chloe?

Haley needs to take a chill pill. Henry’s kinda weird looking, but seems nice. Missy Reeves/Jen is tan because she spent a lot of time in Israel earlier this year. Eve flinging off her cape/coat dramatically 😂 like “yes bitch I’ve arrived” then Brady took a giant gulp. 😆 they’re laying it on thick Nicole was all about philanthropy and some community hero then again we’re repeatedly informed Abby is a role model. I did see chemistry between Stefan and Gabi. Maybe they can be misanthropes together. 

Camilla said that Gabi will be in a bad relationship and will be the town pariah for a bit. So, I think that she will be with Stefan. It makes sense that Stefan who fell for the fake Gabi with a y would eventually fall for the real one.  I could see Stefan becoming obsessed with her when she gets pregnant with his child. This is me speculating and not based on actual spoilers.  Gabi will get pregnant and say that it is Will's to give Arianna a full blooded sibling.  I could see Will going along with it to protect her from a Dimera.  I hope that I am wrong and that she does not have his child.  Since Ron always goes for the obvious and is never unpredictable, I fear that my speculation may be correct.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Haley is sure perky for somebody who just tried to commit suicide.

Dr. Shah, telling Jen that you knew she and Eric broke up was not the way to go to make the date a fun time.

Sheila's at a TLC concert, huh?  LOL

Haley obviously doesn't want JJ to know where she lives.

"I was an idiot the way I hurt her." No, Brady, you're just an idiot.

Gee, Jennifer just literally turned her back on Eric.

Hm.  Are we going to meet this new intern that Jennifer is talking about? Or was it just a way to mention Jack?

They were sure trying to make us think it was Nicole coming through the door.

Eve's dress is beautiful.

• Love 3

Finally caught up on past episodes....Camilla Banus was really showing some acting chops in her scenes with Chad & with Stefan....found it an interesting drama choice to have Gabi in all White & Abigail in bright red.  And Billy Flynn looked Hot in that White jacket & white T-shirt underneath and his baby blues looked especially blue :)  I enjoyed the Claire & Ciara scenes, they actually were talking and acknowledging their problems and differences...I hope this continues....The New Years Eve scene at Doug's Place was fun, lots of drama & the dramatic reveal at the end...who was the woman in the cloak?!  I try not to read spoilers so I was not sure who would show up.  Chloe looked gorgeous in that green dress, and Jennifer looked pretty & tanned in that white dress but I was not fond of her 1940's hair-do.   I am enjoying JJ & Haley...I hope they take their relationship slowly.

• Love 5

I am still catching up on the last few weeks and finally watched the episode where Gabi and Julie have their confrontation. I thought it was really well done! It was so good to see Susan getting such meaty material, especially when it's based on a long-standing rivalry. I never would have guessed that the writers would actually do something with the fact that her character hates Gabi so much. They would bring it up every now and again but that's all. The fall down the stairs was ridiculous though. A woman in her 80s would be in traction for months. Having Julie fall backwards and hit her head on a wardrobe or something would have worked just as well, although it might have echoed what happened to Leo. Whatever. This show is happy enough to repeat itself, isn't it?

I also watched the episode where Chad learns the truth all at once. Ron rushed it, but I really liked the intensity of emotion between Chad and Gabi. I agree with the point that she could have kept her mouth shut.....but looking into Chad's eyes, she crumbled. It's a shame they'll never be a couple again because they really did have chemistry and likeability on their side. Plus it would have been so nice to see Abigail lose, simply by virtue of the fact that Chad woke up finally to what a headcase she was. Oh well. At least now I can still hold out hope that Gabi will end up with JJ in the end.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Been a while since my eyes glazed over in rage during Gabi's incarceration but wasn't Gabi left to rot in prison even after Chad learned the truth that Abby killed Andre as he focused on how much more important it was that Abby get to spend time with Thomas?

I do think if anyone had given Gabi some condolences and compassion upon her release that it would have tempered some of her rage but folks were too busy trampling over her so they could coddle Abby. Gabi was basically told to suck up what was maliciously done to her Abby's feelings mattered more.

Chad and Abigail invited Abigail to dinner and thought that was enough to heal Gabi and put her life back in place.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Hm.  Are we going to meet this new intern that Jennifer is talking about? Or was it just a way to mention Jack?

I was wondering if it'd end up being a new character, too. I figure it will end up being just a way to mention Jack though.

Eli and Lani being all, "Thank God Gabi's in jail after what she did to Abigail," sent me into another rage blackout. I need to start fast forwarding any scenes that involve that story tbh. I liked that JJ seemed to not really give a shit though lol. Although I'm sure they're just holding off on him telling Gabi she sucks until after the big New Year's stuff.

The Eve stuff was all very cliche and overdone, but I still loved it.

• Love 7

I haven't been watching this week because I have zero interest in watching Abigail, Chad, Julie, Stefan and Ben triumph over Gabi.  Abigail and Chad playing aggrieved victims while taking no responsibility for their own actions in particular makes me ill.  Both characters need to truly and sincerely DIAF.

Today's episode sounds good, though, so I'll try to catch it on the network site.

Did Days ever state why Abby cheated and lied to Ben instead of breaking up with him?

@Chick2Chic,  Other than Abigail's narcissism and selfishness, no, there was no explanation.  She didn't want Ben but didn't want him to not want her, so she stayed with him while cheating with Chad. 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:16 AM, ByaNose said:

It’s too bad they turned Aiden into a murderer. Daniel Cosgrove was so good and had great chemistry with Kristian Alfonso. I’m not sure which writer did that. Was it Ron Carlavati?

Totally agree - Daniel Cosgrove and KA were very good together when he first came on.  It was a damn shame they were ruined for PR's exit story.  I think Josh Griffith was to blame for Aiden's destruction. 

ETA:  Or maybe it was that awful Higley.  There's been so many writer changes in the last few years!

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

why did Gabi clap her hands once at top of stairs after Julie fell?  it was one loud deliberate clap and I cant figure out why?  

I've watched that at least 5 times.  The only thing I can figure is that it was the sound of her smashing the envelope with paternity test results in her hand.  The clap seems a strange way to demonstrate that but I can't think of anything else that makes sense in the context of that scene.  

Slightly disappointed we didn't get a glimpse of Eve's male companion, especially after all of those silly scenes of them not speaking to each while they were getting ready for the benefit.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was wondering if it'd end up being a new character, too. I figure it will end up being just a way to mention Jack though.

Eli and Lani being all, "Thank God Gabi's in jail after what she did to Abigail," sent me into another rage blackout. I need to start fast forwarding any scenes that involve that story tbh. I liked that JJ seemed to not really give a shit though lol. Although I'm sure they're just holding off on him telling Gabi she sucks until after the big New Year's stuff.

The Eve stuff was all very cliche and overdone, but I still loved it.

Why is Gabi in prison? Sami never went to prison for switching DNA results. Gabi did not change it in the computer  at all, something that Sami actually did.  She changed the results that Abby got in her hand.  Abby has no proof that Gabi did anything wrong regarding the gaslighting, it is her word against Gabi's.  Abigail lied under oath and said that Gabi confessed to killing Andre, sending her to prison.. A defense attorney would tear Abigail to shreds. What a load of bull!

• Love 11

So Chloe has already dumped Holly off on Nancy.  I could understand if she was punch a clock employee, but she own the place and could hired someone.  Because I doubt Brady would have helped had Chloe not been there.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3

As Show was progressing, I was getting more and more tired of Eric and his saintly demeanor, his yapping about what Nicole wanted - though he sure gets mad when anyone contradicts him.  I almost choked on my water when he told Sarah that Nicole would have wanted him to be having fun on New Years Eve.  Like hell, buddy, like hell.  Nicole would have wanted you miserable without her.  She wasn't a "I hope you find happiness" kinda person, not even pretend.  I liked Nicole but people, come ON, she didn't even know what the word "saintly" even meant.

But my annoyance with Eric pretty much disappeared when Blockhead Brady smirked and baited Eric at Chloe's Place - (Julie's not there, so let's change the name).  He is such an asshole.  And of course he followed that up with another dip in his pity pool about how much trouble he has with women - hey Doofus, ever think about the shit you put THEM through?  Then he says he'll "never get over" what he put Nicole through.  Brady, you spend more time in deep thought than you do in feeling bad about your behavior and you've NEVER had a thought deeper than whether or not you want sprinkles on your ice cream.

My man JJ!  If this Hailey has any sense, any sense at all, she'll realize she just hit the jack pot and not mess it up.  Poor, poor Dr. Shah, if Jennifer says "yes" to dating.  The man doesn't fully understand what "tedious" means until he dates Jennifer for the long haul.  

Eve is back, and she looks fabulous!

• Love 21
18 minutes ago, boes said:

As Show was progressing, I was getting more and more tired of Eric and his saintly demeanor, his yapping about what Nicole wanted - though he sure gets mad when anyone contradicts him.  I almost choked on my water when he told Sarah that Nicole would have wanted him to be having fun on New Years Eve.  Like hell, buddy, like hell.  Nicole would have wanted you miserable without her.  She wasn't a "I hope you find happiness" kinda person, not even pretend.  I liked Nicole but people, come ON, she didn't even know what the word "saintly" even meant.

But my annoyance with Eric pretty much disappeared when Blockhead Brady smirked and baited Eric at Chloe's Place - (Julie's not there, so let's change the name).  He is such an asshole.  And of course he followed that up with another dip in his pity pool about how much trouble he has with women - hey Doofus, ever think about the shit you put THEM through?  Then he says he'll "never get over" what he put Nicole through.  Brady, you spend more time in deep thought than you do in feeling bad about your behavior and you've NEVER had a thought deeper than whether or not you want sprinkles on your ice cream.

My man JJ!  If this Hailey has any sense, any sense at all, she'll realize she just hit the jack pot and not mess it up.  Poor, poor Dr. Shah, if Jennifer says "yes" to dating.  The man doesn't fully understand what "tedious" means until he dates Jennifer for the long haul.  

Eve is back, and she looks fabulous!

Yes, dating Jennifer can be a chore. They have tended (forever) to write Jennifer (Missy Reeves) as a worry wart & a nervous Nelly all in to one. I don’t know when it started and if something in Missy Reeves drew it out of the writers to write her that way. Dr. Shah seems like a nice guy and soapy looking. He hasn’t taken his shirt off (I might have missed it) so I don’t know if he meets the necessary requirements (abs) for daytime. LOL!!!!

• Love 4

So, this whole Horton Centre gala had maybe 20 people attending? Was it just for those donors who give say $1000 and up?

Most of the women were dressed very well. I liked Sarah's fluffy jacket. Lani actually wore something decent. Eve looked spectacular. I did like the comments about the caped woman possibly being Vivian - again.

Brady, maybe take some time in the new year to reflect on how you have treated every woman who has come your way. You are the common denominator in the failures. You always do get over what you put women through. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

How nice that Nancy came to town to babysit Parker and Holly. If Maggie wasn't attending the gala, she could have let Holly stay with her.

Eric, do stop propping up Saint Nicole.  Her heart wasn't that big and she would want you to suffer a bit without her.

Wonder who the new 'intern' is - hmmmmm……

Hailey, you have really lucked out with a young man as fine as JJ. Wonder what it is about your home that you don't want him near it?

Dr. Shah, you must have the patient of a saint. Jennifer used to be plucky and spunky and energetic, and now she is bland and self-righteous. Oh yes, and needs a brighter lip colour. It's new year's eve - red lips, vampy burgundy lips, etc.

Gabi should be speaking to the police about any possible crimes that she has committed. She should not be in jail. Chad, Abigail, and a whole host of other people need to give their statements before any charges can happen and if she did anything illegal. There isn't much evidence of her doing so - just her word against Abigail's. And she should be undergoing a full psych evaluation. Abigail is not an innocent victim in this - her actions set this in motion.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hailey, you have really lucked out with a young man as fine as JJ. Wonder what it is about your home that you don't want him near it?

Not spoiled on this but I'm guessing she's homeless.  That is why she was crying on the phone and tried to commit suicide.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Not spoiled on this but I'm guessing she's homeless.  That is why she was crying on the phone and tried to commit suicide.

That was the feeling I got too and that she might be embarrassed for her family to find out. She seems to have a good job so I wonder what the reason for homelessness could be.

• Love 3

I have a few random questions I don't actually expect anyone to answer:

1. Does Justin ever win a case?

2. Was this the first time Jenn/Eric have been in a scene since their breakup?

3. When did Chloe/Jenn make up after their Dr. Dan rivalry?

4. Was there another Nicole Walker on the show who was an actual good person because the one they spoke of today didn't resemble the one who heartlessly thru proof of rape papers in a fire?

5. Does Chloe ever leave the club?

6. Is the actor who plays J.J. going through...um...something, or is he just aging terribly?

7. What does the majority of the cast do for a living?  During the Jenn/Adrienne scene I realized Jenn no longer works at the hospital. I also realize she hasn't worked there for years, but I was still confused to discover she co-owns the paper with Adrienne. 

On to the show. These past few episodes have reminded me how much I like Jennifer. She has this soft bewilderment about her that makes her quite approachable and likable to me. I also like that the actress stays engaged in scenes even when she's in the background. .When J.J. and Haley walk by her, the actress gives a motherly and approving smile. She's in the background, so it's easy to miss, but it's the type of look I expect a mother to give her son. It was nice to see.

I also hope the show keeps Eric/Brady as rivals. So far, this is the best I think both characters have worked, and I really like how they seem to bring out the worse in each other. 

Seeing Eve dramatically put on her perfume and cape was so old school soapy delightful. Something about it was so dramatic, and I love how the show kept redirecting us as to who this mystery return could be. I usually don't like Kassie's Eve, but I must say I am hopeful for this return.

The women all looked gorgeous, but I miss when we could have large casts at villain returns. Speaking of, why did Eli seem so shocked and appalled at Eve's return? He seemed more upset than Jennifer.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I have a few random questions I don't actually expect anyone to answer:

1. Does Justin ever win a case?

2. Was this the first time Jenn/Eric have been in a scene since their breakup?

3. When did Chloe/Jenn make up after their Dr. Dan rivalry?

4. Was there another Nicole Walker on the show who was an actual good person because the one they spoke of today didn't resemble the one who heartlessly thru proof of rape papers in a fire?

5. Does Chloe ever leave the club?

6. Is the actor who plays J.J. going through...um...something, or is he just aging terribly?

7. What does the majority of the cast do for a living?  During the Jenn/Adrienne scene I realized Jenn no longer works at the hospital. I also realize she hasn't worked there for years, but I was still confused to discover she co-owns the paper with Adrienne. 

On to the show. These past few episodes have reminded me how much I like Jennifer. She has this soft bewilderment about her that makes her quite approachable and likable to me. I also like that the actress stays engaged in scenes even when she's in the background. .When J.J. and Haley walk by her, the actress gives a motherly and approving smile. She's in the background, so it's easy to miss, but it's the type of look I expect a mother to give her son. It was nice to see.

I also hope the show keeps Eric/Brady as rivals. So far, this is the best I think both characters have worked, and I really like how they seem to bring out the worse in each other. 

Seeing Eve dramatically put on her perfume and cape was so old school soapy delightful. Something about it was so dramatic, and I love how the show kept redirecting us as to who this mystery return could be. I usually don't like Kassie's Eve, but I must say I am hopeful for this return.

The women all looked gorgeous, but I miss when we could have large casts at villain returns. Speaking of, why did Eli seem so shocked and appalled at Eve's return? He seemed more upset than Jennifer.

1. Lol, now that you mention it.  Honestly today was the most "lawyer competent" that I think we have ever had Justin.  I thought he really tried to reason with Eric and his delusions about getting custody of Holly. 

2.  They did see each other briefly when Nicole died and Eric came back to Salem with Holly but I don't think since then.

3.  Chloe and Jen did make up a while ago.  Back when Chloe was recurring years ago she did sincerely apologize, the two have been on friendly terms since then.  Seriously, without Dan in the middle there was no reason for them to fight so once he was removed from their orbit, they were cool with one another.

4.  No, same Nicole.  Since she tragically died she is now a saint.

5.  Hilarious!!!!!!!! Seriously they can shoot Nadia in a different scene.  She did have a couple of scenes in Horton town square during the baby Bonnie storyline.

6.  Casey Moss is still a handsome man but yes, you can definitely see his "aging" lately.

7.  Jen and Adrienne bought The Spectator about three years ago I believe.  Jen wasn't working at the hospital and looking for her next career move, and Adrienne was awarded a healthy sum of money in her divorce from Justin so the two went in together and revived The Spectator.  Chloe and Julie have the club.  JJ is an EMT now, Brady is out of work, Justin is still kind of a lawyer, Eric is the Director of The Horton Center, and Eli and Lani are cops.

I actually really appreciated the somewhat "cold" reception Jennifer had towards Eric.  She praised him in the speech as she should but personally you could see that she isn't over their situation.  I actually loved her turning her back on him when he arrived.  It was so out of character for 2018 Jennifer, but very 90's spunky Jennifer.

This custody battle is beyond the height of boring but I did really appreciate Justin's points to Eric and especially appreciated Chloe's generosity with inviting Eric over the next day to see Holly.  Chloe isn't treating this as a game/contest she truly believes she is right in raising Holly but doesn't want to exclude anyone else from Holly's life, including Eric.  Eric is still trying to "win" Holly as a substitute for Nicole.

Not that I didn't love Eve's dramatic reveal but seriously she has been gone what six weeks in Salem time?  It not like she has been away for years.  With Vivian it made sense she was the town pariah and no one in that room cared for her.  But with Eve you have Chloe who is her good friend.  Brady whom she ended things with but there certainly isn't any real "bad" feelings between them.  JJ, she is civil with, and is on decent terms with Justin.  The only real person she has any significant issues in that room with was Jennifer, been there done that. So while I appreciated the secrecy and reveal in context it kind of was meaningless.

• Love 7