Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 12/3/2018 at 7:44 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Yea. She took EJ to some facility. I wasn't even watching when EJ was around but I will never not be annoyed by how obsessed she is with him lol. 

Weird thing was in the first few years it was him constantly 187x a day talking about Samantha or following her around and she was much less interested. 

I am not a fan of Abby at all but found Marci a preferable actor playing the character. Marci is also prettier and had more of a vulnerability, she reminded me of Jim Morrison’s significant other Pamela Courson or Sissy Spacek in Badlands. 

Well said @boes regarding Leo. Additionally, I’m starting to really dislike Sonny and that isn’t helping my enjoyment of this power struggle. 

• Love 5

Hope is out of line and beyond obsessed with charging Ben for a crime he may or may not have committed. Guess she hasn't thought of asking Ciara if she maybe dropped something flammable in the cabin and *that* started the fire. Accidentally. Ben isn't dumb and surely he suspects that the magical return of Ted the lawyer is a red flag. And Ted, you seemed far too desperate to talk to a former client.

Maybe Ben is trying to make a new life for himself. Maybe not. No one is willing to hire him for pretty much anything and so Stefan's offer is at least a step from living at the homeless shelter. Maybe he could get a name change to bring him some job offers and if he is serious about starting a new, healthier life, it may be the way to do so. Julie may have had her points, and it is her restaurant, so she can supervise Ciara's 'date'.

My, aren't we suspicious, Rafe. Of course your wife is hiding something.

• Love 5

So Julie had a problem with mental ill criminal Ben but does not have a problem with mental ill criminal Abigail.

Let's not forget how she defended Nick up and down.  

I also like that Julie still has a little bit of vixen in her when she suggested Hope wanted to get back at Rafe.

I laughed out loud when she said that to Rafe.  I could not believe she went there.  

And I wish just one person will speak the truth about the Rafe and Hope "cheating" situation.  I know it won't happen but I hate all these self righteous hypocrites that keep saying that Rafe cheated on Hope.  He did not! Hope broke up with him!  

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, A.J. said:

And I wish just one person will speak the truth about the Rafe and Hope "cheating" situation.  I know it won't happen but I hate all these self righteous hypocrites that keep saying that Rafe cheated on Hope.  He did not! Hope broke up with him!  

What does that say about Rafe, that the first thing he does after Hope broke up with him was to sleep with another woman.  He did not cheat on Hope, but, it was still shady, in my opinion.    

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Are Shawn and Belle still in town?

Is Julie supposed to be loveable?

Ben and Ciara are just now getting around to having dinner (and Doug's Place is still open) and the Pub is already closed?

I think Shawn and Belle went back to Hong Kong but I might have just filled that blank in on my own.

Julie is as lovable to me as a bug in a rug.  Now where did I leave that can of Raid?????....

All Show might have to do to make me start liking Ben would be having Julie, in her nails-on-chalkboard voice keep on haranguing Ben over and over and over and OVER again.

• Love 13

Have we even seen Ben living in a homeless shelter? Eating from a dumpster? I know new sets cost money, but actually seeing Ben really rough it and live a sad existence would probably make me a little less offended by his "gawsh, my life is tough right now" dialogue. You MURDERED people. Yes, you are supposed to struggle to come back from that, and not just cause your girlfriend's mom hates you.

It might even help me to understand why Ciara feels compelled to help him. So far, he's always looked clean and healthy.

I can't wait for Rope to end. Make it end, Ted. It's a shame the show will probably never have the characters just admit for themselves that they were a bad couple. It'll be some "The fates were against us!" ending so as to not insult their fans.

• Love 6

So was yesterday's episode worth catching on youtube or can I skip it, lol? From the comments, looks like there were some lively Julie/Ben scenes, but more of Rafe/Ted/Hope and John/Marlena schmoopy scenes, if any, I don't need to see. 

• Love 1

I mean, of course Allie's a bit of a mess.  Her mother's been dragging her around Europe and the like for years looking for NOT her dad, her father spend a good chunk of last year off the wagon, and her back-from-the-dead brother hasn't even visited!  As far as reasons for Lucas to leave the canvas go, this is a decent one, and they actually set it up pretty well with the Baby Bonnie stuff.

Ugh, custody battles, my least favorite soap storyline.  Everyone just ends up looking bad.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lastwaltz said:

So was yesterday's episode worth catching on youtube or can I skip it, lol? From the comments, looks like there were some lively Julie/Ben scenes, but more of Rafe/Ted/Hope and John/Marlena schmoopy scenes, if any, I don't need to see. 

If you're a Ben/Ciara fan, then yesterday was worth watching.  

But there was a preponderance of John and Marlena super schmoopy and we had the Hope-with-a-furrowed-brow VOWING to bring down Ben, Rafe feeling sorry for himself and confiding in Julie, of all people, and Ted trotting out "I had a child who died" too.  

Proceed at your own risk.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, boes said:

But there was a preponderance of John and Marlena super schmoopy and we had the Hope-with-a-furrowed-brow VOWING to bring down Ben, Rafe feeling sorry for himself and confiding in Julie, of all people, and Ted trotting out "I had a child who died" too.  

Ha! Knew I could count on you, @boes among others. Yep - no Wednesday episode for me. Chug along, Gabi's comeuppance storyline, I'm waiting on you. 

• Love 3

The second Brady walked into the pub I was hoping Eric would deck him 👊🏽 

Eric wears his scruff and messy hair well, almost giving me a Jax from Sons of Anarchy vibe. Brady was being an asshole throwing Dan’s death in Eric’s face. I’m glad Sarah is in his corner, I get the feeling she is more attracted to him than he is her. 

Chloe’s been single for 10 minutes (literally) and already Brady’s flirting. He’s gone without a love interest or sex for about a week Salem time so it’s been a very dry spell for Brady. 

I’m getting tired of the Three’s Company shit with Sheila, Eli, and Lani 🙄 Hijinks! 

I’m going to miss Lucas but I’ve always liked the character and actor. Chloe looked amazing and had been such a supportive gf for him I can’t believe he’ll leave her, especially given her icy mind control laser eyes lol. 

Maggie if everyone who had a drinking or drug past or anger problem couldn’t parent, the entire Salem would be childless, including you. 

I think Ted is hot. He and Chad and Eric are making Days look good, at least. I think the vets are really making the most of the material. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, boes said:

Did he or is he just trying to get in Hope's pants, after all he used dead wife on Kate.

2 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

The second Brady walked into the pub I was hoping Eric would deck him 👊🏽 

Eric wears his scruff and messy hair well, almost giving me a Jax from Sons of Anarchy vibe. Brady was being an asshole throwing Dan’s death in Eric’s face. I’m glad Sarah is in his corner, I get the feeling she is more attracted to him than he is her. 

Chloe’s been single for 10 minutes (literally) and already Brady’s flirting. He’s gone without a love interest or sex for about a week Salem time so it’s been a very dry spell for Brady. 

I’m getting tired of the Three’s Company shit with Sheila, Eli, and Lani 🙄 Hijinks! 

I’m going to miss Lucas but I’ve always liked the character and actor. Chloe looked amazing and had been such a supportive gf for him I can’t believe he’ll leave her, especially given her icy mind control laser eyes lol. 

Maggie if everyone who had a drinking or drug past or anger problem couldn’t parent, the entire Salem would be childless, including you. 

I think Ted is hot. He and Chad and Eric are making Days look good, at least. I think the vets are really making the most of the material. 

Yes as many times as Lucas has been dumped you would think he would be glad he found someone for him.  He did not even invite her to go with him.

• Love 7

I enjoyed yesterday's ep. I was able to record most of it on Cozi TV since it was preempted on NBC. 

Ciara and Ben's first date was entertaining & they had a good conversation. I enjoy the actors chemistry and I like the pacing so far. I think Ron is excited to write for them, so that's a plus. The only issue I really had was when Ben brought up that Stefan was the only person in Salem willing to hire him & Ciara brought up what Stefan did to Abby to explain why she wasn't happy about his job news as if Ben wouldn't know who Abby was. Considering Ben and Abby used to have entire storylines of them just screwing day and night, I'm certain Ben knows who Abby is. And as Days has shown us Ben sleeping on a park bench when he wasn't in the shelter, I'm good with them not building a set to show us the shelter since it's not in the budget. Reminds me of Soapdish & Robert Downey Jr's character wondering where the attractive homeless people were for a soup kitchen scene. IMO, soaps don't want to show the audience realistic downtrodden aspects of life since it's supposed to be an escape. Even now it seems like the apartment Ciara, Claire, and Tripp share has gone from a large kitchen & living room area to just Ciara's bedroom. I'm thrilled they're not filming people in the parking lot at this point.

The John & Marlena romance stuff in The Brady Pub was fine. Very schmoopy and very them. 

I'm over Hope's obsession with Ben event though I understand why she feels the way she does. Her behavior is where she loses my support. That said, it is showing Hope to be even more cold and ruthless since Bo's death. I've a feeling she's going to actively try to hurt Ben to get him away from Ciara and will end up hurting someone else instead. 

Claire's really deluded herself about Tripp at this point. She thinks she's making headway keeping him from moving out of the apartment and with him having dumped Ciara but he's not only clearly still hung up on Ciara, he's not showing remotely any romantic interest in Claire. She's built this fantasy that he's going to be her's now that he's broken up with Ciara and he remains visibly uninterested in Claire. This could get ugly if Claire has to face she won't "win" him even with Ciara out of the way.

• Love 6

How old is Ally supposed to be now? 

I'm going to miss Bryan Datillo.  He's an integral character and a necessary part of the show, IMO.  Hopefully TPTB will bring him back sooner rather than later. 

Other than the disappointment of Lucas' exit, I enjoyed today's show.

• Love 11

Maggie, Nicole asked *Eric* to take care of Holly. Not you. You and Victor are senior citizens - you're probably late 60s-early 70s and Victor probably 75 plus. It'll be tough at that age to look after a toddler. Probably pass the kid on to servants or hire a nanny.

I did like Sarah defending Eric.

That's it, Eric and Brady, go at it like two grade 5ers. Brady, you are right. Eric isn't perfect. Maggie, you have zero business judging Eric. Geez, if everyone in Salem had some sort of crime or anger outburst or anything, no one would have any kids. And look how all the kids have turned out. Like their parents!

Chloe had a lovely dress today.

Allie has a drinking problem? Well, given her mom chasing after her dead husband, her father struggling with his own addiction issues, etc. Is moving to Italy really going to help? Is Lucas planning to work there? Does he have money to live there? Can he get a visa? Yeah it's a soap but it is such a convenient exit. Tells Chloe to not wait for him - he couldn't ask if she would like to go for a bit? Maybe she doesn't want to stay in Salem.  Maybe she can get an opera gig over there.

Abe/Sheila/Valerie - turning in to a sitcom. And now Eli wants Lani? Because why?

• Love 7

Bye, Lucas!  I'm going to miss you.  Show never seems to want to invest in him long term but nonetheless, for me, he's always a pleasure as a character just as Bryan Datillo is as an actor.  He's been let go before and returned, I hope the same happens again, sooner rather than later.  He better get goodbye scenes with Will and Kate, pretty shitty if he doesn't.

Brady is right, Eric can be a judgemental ass sometimes.  And I guess he "betrayed" his brother though Brady never realizes that it's oftentimes him being a giant putz that makes people move away from him.  As sanctimonious as Eric can be, I'm afraid Brady has been the bigger asshole over time.

But I'm with Maggie on feeling Eric is a little out of control, walking in on that fight.  I don't blame her for not handing Holly over to Eric, either.  She's too old to raise a toddler, given that there are other options and that she'd most likely never be cut out of her life, but Nicole's deathbed wish doesn't really hold water.  There are blood relatives on both sides of the family - hell, Holly has an adult sister, Melanie, who hasn't even been mentioned.  She's certainly as qualified as Eric, not to mention Nicole's brother and sister.  Just because they all live out of the country doesn't automatically disqualify them.  And they all could put up a pretty good case for custody against both Eric AND Maggie.  

I'm not too wild about this custody storyline and I can already feel the spoonful of sugar ending will likely make us feel like we've all been hit headon by a semi full of fruit juice.  It's going to be a soppy Christmas, I think.

I wish Sheila would just skip to the finish line and dose Abe's oatmeal with some metamucil.  That man is so bloated with pomposity he needs relief, and fast.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

How old is Ally supposed to be now? 

I'm going to miss Bryan Datillo.  He's an integral character and a necessary part of the show, IMO.  Hopefully TPTB will bring him back sooner rather than later. 

Other than the disappointment of Lucas' exit, I enjoyed today's show.

Yes, I was wondering about Ally's age too!  I am confused, I thot Ally(and Jonny) were supposed to be about 10 or 12 years old?  I was shocked to hear Lucas say she was drinking!  I guess they will SORAS her and bring her back as a 'wild teen"?  She can hang out with Ciara :)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Yes, I was wondering about Ally's age too!  I am confused, I thot Ally(and Jonny) were supposed to be about 10 or 12 years old?  I was shocked to hear Lucas say she was drinking!  I guess they will SORAS her and bring her back as a 'wild teen"?  She can hang out with Ciara :)

They were born in 2007 with Sydney born a little more than a year later.

I love all of Sami's kids not named Will and I wouldn't want them to brought to this show for fear that they will be raped or turned into a rapist or develop a split personality.. I still think the kids as being too young for normal Days nonsense. Since Sami is not going to be on the show full-time, I rather not have her kids being brought without her. They would barely interact with any of their family members (see Ciara and Claire) and Sami isn't the type to let her kids being raised by other people.

And no I wouldn't just age Allie just so Lucas could have a story. Lucas had a mother, son, granddaughter, siblings, ex-lovers, and various Horton family members and they still didn't want to write stories for him.

• Love 5

Wasn't EJ basically a small child when he was first introduced? Then he left and then 5 or so years later boom he was James Scott. IIRC one of the worst cases of rapid aging on soaps. I hope if we eventually see Ally they dont go that drastic route.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They were born in 2007 with Sydney born a little more than a year later.

I love all of Sami's kids not named Will and I wouldn't want them to brought to this show for fear that they will be raped or turned into a rapist or develop a split personality.. I still think the kids as being too young for normal Days nonsense. Since Sami is not going to be on the show full-time, I rather not have her kids being brought without her. They would barely interact with any of their family members (see Ciara and Claire) and Sami isn't the type to let her kids being raised by other people.

And no I wouldn't just age Allie just so Lucas could have a story. Lucas had a mother, son, granddaughter, siblings, ex-lovers, and various Horton family members and they still didn't want to write stories for him.

Allie should have been age instead of Claire. I think that Claire and Ciara should have been rivals.  I think that Ciara, Claire and Allie should have remained children. However, being a character on a soap means that something campy will happen to you, especially with Ron as a headwriter.

• Love 3

Is NBC actively TRYING to get me to stop watching the show? because all of these interruptions (or complete preemptions) for things that are not "breaking news" are not helping me stay interested AT ALL

• Love 5
1 minute ago, howmanywords said:

Wasn't EJ basically a small child when he was first introduced? Then he left and then 5 or so years later boom he was James Scott. IIRC one of the worst cases of rapid aging on soaps. I hope if we eventually see Ally they dont go that drastic route.

Exactly! EJ was the worst case of SORAS. The character of Chad should have been EJ. It would have made sense for him to be in the same age range as Will.  I would have casted James  Scott as Andrew Donovan, an ISA agent like his dad, but, he would attract drama like his mom Kim.  

I would also add Brady, Belle, Philip and Sarah Horton in  the horrible cases of SORAS.  Mike Horton never ages, he is like Erica Kane. He is an eternal 40 year old. he should be in his late 50's to early 60's.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

He was born, on screen mind you, a little more than a year AFTER Will lmao. And I so agree about Ally, she needs to be noticeably younger than Will (and Chandler looks pretty young to begin with). Regarding what Lucas said today, I think you can drink as young as age 16 in parts of Europe with adult supervision. As long as she's closer to Claire in appearance, I think it'll work.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Have we even seen Ben living in a homeless shelter? Eating from a dumpster?

Ben mentions the homeless shelter all the time, so that's enough for most of us. As for eating from a dumpster, we really don't need to see that. Totally Disgusting!

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Ben mentions the homeless shelter all the time, so that's enough for most of us. As for eating from a dumpster, we really don't need to see that. Totally Disgusting!

Isn't "eating from a dumpster" synonymous with eating at Doug's Place?

If not, it's a pretty accurate description of a conversation with Julie.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, boes said:

Isn't "eating from a dumpster" synonymous with eating at Doug's Place?

If not, it's a pretty accurate description of a conversation with Julie.

Definitely going with option #2

• Love 1

I'm still missing more shows than I'm seeing, and it's all on me, not preemptions.  I did see most of yesterday, and it was ok. And since no Abigail, I still haven't seen Kate Mansi's return. 😀 

• Love 4

What does that say about Rafe, that the first thing he does after Hope broke up with him was to sleep with another woman.  He did not cheat on Hope, but, it was still shady, in my opinion.  

I don't agree with what he did.  I've always hated when folks break up from a committed relationship and the next thing you know they are having sex with someone else.  But be honest in your assessment of what happened.  

Yes as many times as Lucas has been dumped you would think he would be glad he found someone for him.  He did not even invite her to go with him.

"Oh, hey, Chloe, remember when we were soooo in love, like, a month ago?  Yeah, well, bye." 

It wasn't as cold and heartless as Sonny dumped Paul but it was pretty close.  And not even a kiss goodbye, just a hug.  

I’m glad Sarah is in his corner, I get the feeling she is more attracted to him than he is her. 

I hope that's the case.  I am so against them pushing these two together so quickly after Nicole.  

• Love 3

For serious, Kate?  Just like with Leo earlier this week, her trying to read Gabi for being "diabolical" was more than a little rich.

Relatedly, I loooved Gabi hitting on the idea of framing Stefan O. for the paternty test switcharoo.  My girl!

Eli and Lani were kinda cute today, I dunno.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, annabel said:

Is NBC actively TRYING to get me to stop watching the show? because all of these interruptions (or complete preemptions) for things that are not "breaking news" are not helping me stay interested AT ALL

i am so sick of this. 2 days for george bush's funeral. they don't have to air this on all the networks. good grief. sorry, but i don't care at all. i need my tv as an escape....then the other smaller things that happen all year that can be told on the NEWS! there are enough news channels that they don't need to interrupt our shows.

the actor who plays stefano..does he always wear a noticeable wig? i can't concentrate on the damn show because i can't stop staring at that dime store toupee..not to mention when he is in a scene with one of the worst actresses i have ever seen. kate mansi.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, annabel said:

It seems to be happening more and more often.

• Love 5

I watched again today, so unfortunately managed to see KM's (G)abby.  My opinion is probably biased, due to my dislike of KM's portrayal of Abigail, though I do give her credit for agreeing to reprise her role when Marci Miller didn't renew her contract, and couldn't/wouldn't stay a bit longer to finish the storyline, but KM was horrible today.  It was like a totally brand new, unknown, character.  Not to mention there was no difference between Abby and Gabby.  If they were going to continue the alters storyline, at the very least they should have had KM wear a blonde wig as Abby, and the brunette wig as Gabby, so they'd at least look different.   It was just all bad.

And speaking of bad, Hope is just pathetic now.  She's been a cop for how many years now, and Ben out-smarted her. 

I'm glad they're trying Eli and Lani again. I think they could make a sweet couple.

• Love 12

The only thing that would have made that confrontation between Ted and Ben funnier would have been if Ted was quivering behind Hope after he heard the name 'Stefan DiMera'. The way he yelled out for Hope was like a scared child yelling for mommy.

• Love 13

Doesn't Abigail realize that in order to pull off the fake Gabby personality she's going to have to sleep with Stefan?

"We haven't even started dating yet, we only had sex."

Interesting that Jennifer didn't cover for Hope.

Al pastor?  Ew.  Hate lamb.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Doesn't Abigail realize that in order to pull off the fake Gabby personality she's going to have to sleep with Stefan?

Abigail could always say that she is not cleared by her doctor to have sexual relations.  However, Abigail had sex with Chad a few hours after giving birth to Thomas. It was days on the show, but, hours Salem time. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Chloe looked amazing in her red dress. While I was not a fan of LuLoe round 1 or LuLoe round 2, I will admit that I liked their breakup scene. 

I love Eric and Brady as rivals, and I hope the show keeps them as such. It seems like it's been a long time since we've had a good male rivalry - stress on the good. The actors are equally matched in acting ability, their builds and heights are similar so they seem like equals and neither looks as if he's bullying a smaller combatant, they share a lot of the same connections so it could lead to some interesting character dynamics and split loyalties and it could provide compelling drama for John and Marlena. Their argument also had a good amount of history that we the audience saw and felt and already  have investment. I also like how this is seemingly wrapping into the Holly custody battle.

I liked Maggie's reservations regarding Eric and felt she made some strong points. I have no problem with Maggie judging Eric because he's placed himself in a position where people will judge. I like that the show is reexamining Maggie's feelings toward Eric in relations to Daniel's death. While I cheered and popped a bottle of champagne at the end of  Dan the Tan Man, Maggie loved Daniel, for whatever reason, and her seeing Eric as unfit, irresponsible, and dangerous makes perfect sense regarding her own history with alcoholism and how Eric's alcoholism had very real consequences for her and her family.

Sarah seems a lot more into Eric than he does into her. That being said, I think I could grow to like them, and I would love a Sarah, Eric, Chloe, Brady quad. This feels like the strongest 30 - something group Days has had in a long time. I hope they actually do something with them.

Speaking of, I was watching on and off - mostly off - during the Brady, Eric and Nicole saga which is constantly being referenced. Did Eric have any relationship with Holly during this time? Honestly, it seems weird for a man who is not the father, and had a short lived relationship - and I feel I'm being quite generous to describe Ericole that way - fight so hard for the child of a woman with whom he was not married and hadn't spoken to in months. Especially since Maggie would have no issue with him occasionally visiting Holly. I'm liking the drama, but it feels odd on Eric's part, especially since Will never sees Ari and the two girls are living in the same house.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I liked Maggie's reservations regarding Eric and felt she made some strong points. I have no problem with Maggie judging Eric because he's placed himself in a position where people will judge. I like that the show is reexamining Maggie's feelings toward Eric in relations to Daniel's death. While I cheered and popped a bottle of champagne at the end of  Dan the Tan Man, Maggie loved Daniel, for whatever reason, and her seeing Eric as unfit, irresponsible, and dangerous makes perfect sense regarding her own history with alcoholism and how Eric's alcoholism had very real consequences for her and her family.

I always hated Eric's alcoholism. It was so random. I would have preferred he just got drunk and decided to drive home, killing the Tan man. Not everybody who drives drunk is an alcoholic, there are people who think that they can actually drive drunk. 

Lucas could have been the one who drove drunk killing Dan. Plus, his ugly history with Dan, grieving Will, being away from Allie and Maggie being his sponsor could have been a riveting story.  Kate could have covered for a drunken Lucas who witnessed the whole thing. Lucas could have recovered his memory of that night slowly and become horrified about what he has done. The show does not care about Lucas enough to give him a meaty story like that.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

So I just watched today's episode

7 hours ago, buffynut said:

I watched again today, so unfortunately managed to see KM's (G)abby.  My opinion is probably biased, due to my dislike of KM's portrayal of Abigail, though I do give her credit for agreeing to reprise her role when Marci Miller didn't renew her contract, and couldn't/wouldn't stay a bit longer to finish the storyline, but KM was horrible today.  It was like a totally brand new, unknown, character.  Not to mention there was no difference between Abby and Gabby.  If they were going to continue the alters storyline, at the very least they should have had KM wear a blonde wig as Abby, and the brunette wig as Gabby, so they'd at least look different.   It was just all bad.

I completely agree, but not for the purposes of their hair. For me, KM displayed why her Abby doesn't need the Gabby with a Y alter. KM's Abby is already mean, spiteful, rude, conniving and aggressive. She doesn't need Gabby to communicate her pent up emotions because KM's Abby has no issue communicating these emotions of her own accord whenever she sees fit. For example, I thought her brief scene with Jennifer was awful. There was no look in her eyes however brief to indicate any pain or conflict she has regarding how she is currently treating her mother. KM's Abby is vicious and these episodes show how her Abby and MM's weak and fragile Abby were in no way compatible. Lastly, and I honestly don't mean this to be rude, but KM's Abby feels younger. She has a lot more vitality and compulsiveness and is a lot more proactive unlike MM's much more subdued and reactive Abby.

I don't like Kate and Gabi's dynamic without Sami. I know Gabi is Ari's mom and Kate and Gabi had a grand ole time dumping Nick's body in the river, lake or whatever body of water Salem is supposed to have, but they don't seem like two people who would regularly communicate. I also just don't understand Gabi's plan especially since a lot of it depended on dumb luck she had no way of orchestrating. I'm really for these two to get separate storylines.

Overall, there was too much Ben, Abby, Gabi, Chad and Rafe in this episode for me. I find that these characters make the show drag for me.

• Love 13

Gabi is just lucky that her plan hasn't collapsed.

Brave lawyer Ted has to call on bad cop Hope for back-up? The phone records will show that he called Ben. Hope, maybe you need to take a long term leave of absence from your Commissioner position. You have way too many conflicts of interest. Ted, Stefan will get you, Ben's help or not. How nice for Rafe to track his wife down and find her at the motel with a man wearing a towel. Ben, serial killer or not, you probably do have a case against the Salem PD - with a better lawyer.

No difference with 'Gabby' - the pretend version and Abigail. Not really liking the original Abby. Entitled, spoiled, destructive - she's worse than the real Gabi.

Stefan, you are a fool. And Chad is a fool. Abigail just cares about Abigail.

Eli and Lani were kind of cute. At least they can have a fresh start to see if things work out this time without complications.

• Love 7

Gabby went from brown hair to black hair. I almost didn’t notice the switch. I think KM should have lighten the hair. It wouldn’t have been a big inconvenience. I’m not buying her as Gabby because MM made Gabby with a Y all her own. Although, I’m looking forward to the pickup scene on Monday with Gabby & Gabby. It gives me something to look forward to. I’m starting my vacation Monday and don’t go back to the New Year. Yahoo!!! I am interested to see how this all plays out along with all of the comings and goings of TC, KM, BF & BB. It’s like musical chairs in casting. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 8

@4evaQuez Eric was Nicole’s first love from way back when and she spent the past few months pining for him so I think this is why Nicole wanted her daughter raised by/with him. 

You know if Brady want to throw the past in Eric’s face, we can always take a stroll down memory lane to the time his love for a psycho got Eric raped. I think that was he beginning of the end of his brothers stability, you know when his idiotic choice of fiancé ruined his life. 

• Love 5

Kate Mansi gives off the same vibe to me that Tamara Braun and Michelle Trachtenberg do, no matter who they're playing: that they think they are all that and a bag of chips, when really, they are not

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

@4evaQuez Eric was Nicole’s first love from way back when and she spent the past few months pining for him so I think this is why Nicole wanted her daughter raised by/with him. 

You know if Brady want to throw the past in Eric’s face, we can always take a stroll down memory lane to the time his love for a psycho got Eric raped. I think that was he beginning of the end of his brothers stability, you know when his idiotic choice of fiancé ruined his life. 

Except...I don't buy Eric was some great love of Nicole's, and all the warping of other characters (hi, Brady!) to make it so just doesn't wash with me. Most other times Nicole had the opportunity to be with Eric, she chose money and/or other men over him. Just seems like a lot of revisionist history from my POV. Brady is a bastard, but he has plenty of legit examples to choose from without throwing this whitewash into it. Again, just my take.  :-)

And I'll say it, asshole or not? I still like Brady. And Eric acting like he is so superior to Brady makes me laugh. He's done enough shit, too. No one in this Eric/Nicole/Brady cluster-you-know-what has any high ground to speak of.

• Love 1