Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, rcc said:

When CB first started on Days she wasn't very good. But she has now become a pretty good actress. She is doing very well in her gaslighting scenes.

Yes, @rcc! I remember thinking that Camilla really honed her craft while Gabi was in jail -- when she came back from that sabbatical, Gabi was suddenly very compelling and entertaining. Good for Camilla. 

• Love 7

I liked that little note with the physical therapist Luke saying that Paul coming out a few years back inspired him to do the same.  I always thought the show should have done more with Paul being a celebrity athlete and what him coming out of the closet might mean.

Excuse me, why didn't we get to see Victor call Will a "pathetic waffler" on-screen.  That would have been gold.

Someone make Tripp shave off that yucky scruff right this minute.

Vanessa Williams is just taking a break, right?  RIGHT?

And backing up to yesterday, Camila Banus was fire in those scenes with Abigail.  As I said in the spoiler thread, whether you think Gabi is justified, evil, awesome, a bitch, etc., you can't deny that CB is slaying this material.

• Love 12

If I hear one more person say the Blunder Twins "belong together" I am doing to die laughing. I guess though in a way they do, two losers are better off together so they don't keep dragging others down with them. 

I find it amusing that Will is right back to his old ways of trying to run after Sonny, the so called "love of his life", because he's just taken off after five whole minutes of not getting his way and actually having to deal with a complicated situation that wasn't solved overnight. What a romance.

I am going to have to start taking bets on how long until one of them ends up cheating. 

Can they get Will a new wardrobe by any chance? Or maybe give him a sense of actual style? He looks like a lost L.L. Bean model. 

Oh Christopher Sean, how I will miss your prettiness. A POC on Days has always been so rare, and being Asian he was even rarer, and being gay? I mean he was a goddamn unicorn, heh, but alas this show just didn't care about that.

Can't believe he was on the show for 4 years. I guess it seems impossible to believe because they just kept him circling the drain nearly the whole time, either stuck with Sonny or Will, unable to branch out and find his own purpose, his own direction. So much wasted potential, but I am glad that he, CS, moved on and found a great gig, this show was just going to keep having him play second fiddle to Will and Sonny so it was best for him to run before things got worse and I have no doubt they were going to. 

I liked the actor/character chosen to whisk Paul away, heh, not bad looking at all. What if he had come into Paul's life right after Sonny left him to go and find Will, two gay POCs on a soap, how I would have loved to see that. 

I actually enjoyed how John and Brady were sharing knowing looks as he and Paul were introduced, heh. But take a breath, Brady, Paul isn't you, he may not want to land in San Fran proposed to the new hunk after only a five hour flight. 

But really I am so glad they decided not to play Paul as weepy or down in the dumps or throwing a full on pity party for himself. He had fully accepted that things had turned out as they needed to and he was already looking forward to his future. As good a farewell as he could have gotten I feel, all things considered. 

Drake really clicked with Christopher and their goodbye felt so real and genuine, it made me misty eyed when they both teared up saying goodbye. Whether the characters should have been family on the show or not, those two actors connected on a deep level and I always enjoyed their scenes and I will really miss that. 

Glad to see Valarie sticking up for herself. What has happened to you, Abe? I miss the guy from way back when. 

And other stuff happened. 

• Love 10

I think that Christopher Sean is a good actor and was wasted on this show. I think that Tomsell had a plan for Paul in relation to Wilson, but, Ken Corday decided to interfere and put in his 2 cents and that stymied whatever plan that the writers had.  The characterizations of Sonny, Paul and Will suffered greatly in so many ways.  Dena even said that she was not  interested in Paul and basically called him a retcon and Paul languished in the backburner, when Will was dead and Sonny was in Paris. Griffith did nothing for Paul either.  Ron never even tried to give Paul an actual personality.  Different writing teams had plenty of opportunity to write for Paul, but, they were never interested in giving him a life outside of Wilson and John.  I never bought him as John's son. So, I never cared about their relationship.  Paul did not have to be John's biological son for them to bond. Days has always made it clear throughout the years that blood alone does not make a family. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, rcc said:

When CB first started on Days she wasn't very good. But she has now become a pretty good actress. She is doing very well in her gaslighting scenes.

So true.  I remember when I first saw her on OLTL and she was really bad.  It's been interesting to see her getting better and better since she started on Days.

1 hour ago, AnswersWanted said:

Can they get Will a new wardrobe by any chance? Or maybe give him a sense of actual style? He looks like a lost L.L. Bean model. 

You are being too kind.  Far, far, FAR too kind.

• Love 6

Drake really clicked with Christopher and their goodbye felt so real and genuine, it made me misty eyed when they both teared up saying goodbye. Whether the characters should have been family on the show or not, those two actors connected on a deep level and I always enjoyed their scenes and I will really miss that.  

Drake is so good playing the Dad, that I'm sure that's a main reason I liked Paul, and teared up at their goodbye scenes.  

Glad to see Valarie sticking up for herself. What has happened to you, Abe? I miss the guy from way back when. 

So are we to assume Abe and Val were living together?  Does Abe even have a place?  I miss the Abe from years ago, as I don't remember him being so angry all the time.  Their breakup seemed final, so I'll be surprised if Val comes back. 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3

I had high hopes for the Paul coming out the closet story line when it first happened, but those hopes quickly fizzled out when I realized that it was just a cheap ploy to move along a dying plot. 

I really think I would have liked Paul as maybe turning into a guidence counselor, become someone engaging with young people also struggling with their sexuality, that could have opened up a bunch of doors and storyline potential. 

No Victor insult should be delivered off screen, that is wasting pure gold. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

Which followed with Hope letting Chad taking her home so she can rest instead of questioning her, arresting her or having a doctor evaluate Abby to see if she was mentally stable. Jennifer saying that Abby didn't know what she was doing and she needed help. Chad pressuring the DA to not pressing any charges against her. And finally having Laura provide a two week treatment to integrate all her personalities.

Meanwhile, Gabi was still stuck in prison for a murder that she not commit, being attacked and severely injured and being framed for another murder that she did not commit. Integrated Abby was back in Salem even before Gabi was finally released. I didn't see any of the Horton's using their influence to help Gabi out the mess that Abby's alters placed her in.

So, nope, I don't feel too badly for any of the Hortons. I cannot wait to see their hypocrisy in full display when Ciara finally hooks up with Ben, and they get all theirs knickers in a twist when they say his mental illness does not excuse for the people he killed and hurt.

LOl.  Did not want Ciara with Ben, but that is going to be fun especially with the hypocrite, Julie.

Every insult coming from Victor should be delivered on screen.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, boes said:

You are being too kind.  Far, far, FAR too kind.

Heh, never let it be said that I never went easy on him...one time. 

But seriously, who thinks that anyone under the age of 55 that is not currently living in a cabin hunting bear needs to own that much flannel??? 

He lives in Salem, not South Dakota, and let us not forget that one of his grandmothers is a bloody fashionista, she should have burned all his clothes a long time ago and introduced him to a mirror and a personal stylist.  

16 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Drake is so good playing the Dad, that I'm sure that's a main reason I liked Paul, and teared up at their goodbye scenes.  

So are we to assume Abe and Val were living together?  Does Abe even have a place?  I miss the Abe from years ago, as I don't remember him being so angry all the time.  Their breakup seemed final, so I'll be surprised if Val comes back. 

Yes he is, it was always his strong suit as an actor, channeling his Daddy side. 

Drake can omly work up real tears when he truly cares for the actor across from him, it only happens with a select group and despite not having that much time spent with Christopher compared to others, he fell for the kid. 

I am not one of those that really cares about retcon kids or whether or not someone needs a new kid on a soap, they get kids and lose kids all the time, what I care about is seeing actors who could be believable in the roles, and on that note I do think that Drake and Christopher were probably one of the more moving father and son duos I've seen on soaps in a long time period. 

I have pretty much given up trying to follow anything involving Abe or Valerie, they just pop up randomly now. The show obviously doesn't seem to want to give them much time to develop anything meaningful anymore. 

I so agree, angry Abe is a bore and I don't think anyone should be bothered with him at this point. 

And I hate that too because he is one of the last true OGs that they have. 

• Love 5

Valerie is beautiful and too good for Abe.  

I had no idea Victor didn’t like Will.   Victor doesn’t like anyone does he ?

when Claire was talking to Ben all I kept thinking is he could snap her neck anytime.   

• Love 4

Claire makes Ben enjoyable to me again. Her being such a little sociopath is such fun! I'd rather they put those two together tbh. Tripp and Ciara can stay together and be boring drips I can easily fast forward.

I skipped the Valerie/Abe and Sheila/Abe scenes. Too bad because I love both women, but Abe is dreadfully boring. 

I also skipped all the Will scenes and some of the Paul ones. I just don't care. Brady asking the PT if he had a partner and then his look to Paul when he said no was pretty great though.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Tasha Brand said:

I have to ask again and hope to actually get answer this time. How, exactly, is Claire a sociopath?  They have zero empathy or compassion for others.  Claire has shown to have plenty of both.   At the very worst, she's a narcissist, not a sociopath.

She is showing literally no empathy or compassion right now. And it's hilarious!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Claire makes Ben enjoyable to me again. Her being such a little sociopath is such fun! I'd rather they put those two together tbh. Tripp and Ciara can stay together and be boring drips I can easily fast forward.

I skipped the Valerie/Abe and Sheila/Abe scenes. Too bad because I love both women, but Abe is dreadfully boring. 

I also skipped all the Will scenes and some of the Paul ones. I just don't care. Brady asking the PT if he had a partner and then his look to Paul when he said no was pretty great though.

I don't mind ciaria but I have an awful feeling she's going to be the next abby lol.I also feel like there trying to redo the Carrie and Sami feud with ciaria and claire.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Valerie is beautiful and too good for Abe.  

I had no idea Victor didn’t like Will.   Victor doesn’t like anyone does he ?

when Claire was talking to Ben all I kept thinking is he could snap her neck anytime.   

Victor does not like anybody who dates his family. He did not like Adrienne, he did everything in his power to undermine Adrienne and Justin's marriage.  He hated Chloe, Carly, Anjelica, Nicole, Melanie, Stefanie, Hope, he never really attacked Hope because he always wanted Bo to accept him. Bo never did. He did not like John, that goes back to his days as Roman, though they did bond after Isabella died. I loved the tentative friendship between John and Victor. Both men had reasons to despise each other due to Victor's history with the Bradys.  Yet, they bonded over their love for Brady and Isabella.  Victor schemed to put Marlena in John's orbit, so that Marlena would be Brady's mother like Isabella wanted.  He wanted Jarlena together.

He did like Will and would always help Lucas in his war with Sami over him. He always loved Will because of Kate, when they were together. For a time, Will and Philip had the same nanny when they all lived as a family in the Kiriakis mansion. He started hating Will after he cheated on Sonny. I always thought that was out of character for him.  Victor in character would have gone after Paul and do everything in his power to keep Wilson together. Victor also hated Theresa, but, I always found that to also be out of character. I could see Victor wanting Theresa with a Kiriakis as a way to have a connection with Kim. Kim was to Victor what Marlena was to Stefano. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Victor does not like anybody who dates his family. He did not like Adrienne, he did everything in his power to undermine Adrienne and Justin's marriage.  He hated Chloe, Carly, Anjelica, Melanie, Stefanie, Hope, he never really attacked Hope because he always wanted Bo to accept him. Bo never did. He did not like John, that goes back to his days as Roman, though they did bond after Isabella died. I loved the tentative friendship between John and Victor. Both men had reasons to despise each other due to Victor's history with the Bradys.  Yet, they bonded over their love for Brady and Isabella.  Victor schemed to put Marlena in John's orbit, so that Marlena would be Brady's mother like Isabella wanted.  He wanted Jarlena together. He did like Will. He always loved Will because of Kate, when they were together. For a time, Will and Philip had the same nanny when they all lived as a family in the Kiriakis mansion. He started hating Will after he cheated on Sonny. I always thought that was out of character for him.  Victor in character would have gone after Paul and do everything in his power to keep Wilson together. Victor also hated Theresa, but, I always found that to also be out of character. I could see Victor wanting Theresa with a Kiriakis as a way to have a connection with Kim. Kim was to Victor what Marlena was to Stefano. 

As much as people seem to like Victor and his snarkiness I personally believe it has ruined his character.  He is nothing more than a caricature of who he was. 

Victor hating Will is a prime example of the complete lack of nuance the character has been allowed to have over the last 15 years.  Will grew up for a good portion of his life as Victor's grandson and was raised for the first few years of his life in the Kiriakis mansion right along with Phillip.  Victor should have far more conflicting feelings toward Will.  That isn't even counting the fact that Maggie is Will's great aunt and very close to Lucas and Will.  All of that familial history should be coming into play here, but it hasn't.

Victor seems to hate anyone who gets involved with the men in his family.  Victor has always had a very misogynistic bent but when you really examine his character it is quite scary the level of hatred he has for the women who now men who dare get involved with a Kiriakis man.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Brady asking the PT if he had a partner and then his look to Paul when he said no was pretty great though.

Brady as a dorky big brother trying to get his baby brother in there is a Brady I can get behind. Too bad he can’t show that side a lot more. 

Victor and Stefano were always written very similarly.

Sure, they could stand by their families and move heaven and earth to defend and protect them. But on the flip side they could also turn on any member at any given time if they felt they had betrayed them or gone against the family’s self interest.

Stefano left no child of his unscarred and unaffected by his many mood swings, and Victor alienates and disowns family left and right, no one is safe from his wrath when he’s pissed off at them. But don’t balk when they’re finally ready to forgive you and you better jump and run the second they call. 

That’s why they did and still do terrorize Salem from time to time. They’re the long standing figures of both love and heart and total, unforgiving cruelty. 

For some reason I could always tolerate them, at least somewhat, but Victor Newman on Y&R? Oh my god, now there is a character I have loathed for decades, maybe it’s due to never liking that actor any and I do like John and Joe (RIP). 

Edited by AnswersWanted
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Claire makes Ben enjoyable to me again. Her being such a little sociopath is such fun!

Same. Claire is such a little trouble maker that she actually manages to make Ben more enjoyable. He needs someone with her type of energy. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

I have to ask again and hope to actually get an answer this time. How, exactly, is Claire a sociopath?  They have zero empathy or compassion for others.  Claire has shown to have plenty of both.   At the very worst, she's a narcissist, not a sociopath.

She pretends to have compassion, but it's all about Claire.

• Love 6

Bye, Paul. Christopher Sean is far too good for Days. I enjoyed him on Hawaii Five-O. How amazing that there are all sorts of medical trials for injured Salemites that you never hear anyone else going to.

Geez, Abe, it isn't about you. The woman you have been seeing got an amazing job opportunity. Wish her well, and if push comes to shove, don't commute to Washington to see her. You can certainly resign from your Mayor position. Even Sheila was happier for her than you.

Claire and Ben make an interesting pair. Tripp, remove the fuzz from your face. It looks like you encountered a moldy cantaloupe.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She is showing literally no empathy or compassion right now. And it's hilarious!

Oh, yes!  I've always sorta like Claire, even when she was being a pill but this storyline has breathed LIFE into the character and the actor.  She's hilarious with her zero interest in anything but getting her way with Tripp and utter lack of concern for anything other than getting caught.  She's thinking on her feet and pretty fearless.  

Is she being good?  Nope.  But on the Salem scale of horrendous to horrific, she's still small potatoes.  And I'll take her delight in her deviousness over Ciara's pouty, moulting angelicness.  Plus, of the two, Claire is miles ahead in smarts.  You can practically see the wheels turning, creaky and groaning in Ciara's brain.

Best line of the day IMO was Ciara's astounded disgust when she said to Tripp, "You almost ruined Ben's life!"  Ciara......Ben.Is.A.SERIAL.KILLER.  Him having his life "ruined" isn't a big concern and I don't think there are going to be any Serial Killer Telethons anytime soon.  He's not one of Jerry's Kids.

The key word in what she said to Tripp was "almost".  Try, try again, Tripp, till you get it right.

• Love 7

What struck me hilarious about Claire's plan is that now she suddenly realized that with Ciara learning what Tripp did, that paves the way for a clear path for her and Tripp.  She didn't actually need to do anything nefarious, she could have just waited for the truth to come out!

@boes, I too was stunned when Ciara's reaction to learning what Tripp did was her alarm that he had almost ruined Ben's life!  I expected so many other things to come out of her mouth, like:  you lied to me!  you betrayed me!  you manipulated me!  But no, her reaction was about what could have happened to poor Ben.  She is delusional.  But since I don't like her, she can go ahead and be with the neck tie killer.

• Love 6

Ciara should have broken up with Tripp a long time ago.  She was never that into him.  She likes Ben and I also think she likes the attention of people telling her she needs to stay away from him.  

Abby and Chad have their own problems but they could fill Ciara in on some details. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Tasha Brand said:

Watching Tripp and Ciara's scenes again, something I was reluctant to do, I'm wondering why Ron went in the direction of Tripp breaking up with Ciara?  Considering his lies, the fact that, yes, despite what all of you are saying, he did frame a man who was innocent (of this crime, at least), took the law into his own hands, and, in the process, brought his girlfriend's mother under scrutiny, Ciara should've broken up with Tripp.

I've noticed that when there's a couple where one partner is emotionally cheating on the other, and the couple they want you to root for is the emotional cheater and the interloper, writers will sometimes have the other half of the established couple do the breaking up under the theory that it keeps the emotional cheater rootable - like, at least s/he tried to stay in their official relationship, s/he didn't grab the first excuse to break up in order to be with the other person, at least there were some consequences for the emotional cheating, the cheated-on partner gets to have some agency in the situation and so doesn't look so much like a doormat for the cheating partner...

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

• Love 11

Yeah I thought for sure the Ciara/Tripp confrontation would have resulted in her dumping him but I think what they were going for was to turn the focus on just how bad she's hot for Ben.  We've been seeing Ciara in denial for weeks. Even though I'm annoyed she didn't dump him because Tripp has done crappy things, I thought he had some valid points.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, bannana said:

What struck me hilarious about Claire's plan is that now she suddenly realized that with Ciara learning what Tripp did, that paves the way for a clear path for her and Tripp.  She didn't actually need to do anything nefarious, she could have just waited for the truth to come out!

Claire's plan was always so confusing to me for this reason. Like, why didn't she just let the truth come out lol? Although, I guess this way she thinks maybe Tripp would be indebted to her because she helped cover up his crime. 

• Love 5

Watching scenes with Gabi, Abigail, Chad, Stefan NO!, Ciara, Claire, Ben and Tripp over the last day or so has the Lego Movie song running through my head, except the lyrics have changed to "Everyone Is Awful!" I was actually hoping that Jennifer would punch the smug out of Stefan NO!'s face.

Surprisingly, I did not hate anyone in the goodbye scene for Sparkle, Jawn, and Bonehead Black; the way Paul is being shunted off the show now that the writers don't have any idea what to do with him is desperately contrived, and I still hate the way he was retconned into John's family, as well as his insta-bond with his big brother -- but the last at least is somewhat in character for Bonehead Black, since he has all the long-term memory capacity of a pothead hamster. Still, that scene is probably the best work I've seen from all three actors in a very long time -- possibly ever. Jawn looked like he was experiencing emotion! And even though the introduction of Handsome Gay (And Available!) PT Guy was beyond hamfisted, I thought Brady's smarmified "You can thank me later" smirk at Paul as he left was kind of ... endearing? (What is wrong with me??)

Edited by Sandman
Adding some more awful people.
  • Love 5

Is it bad that I was hoping Sarah would let Victor choke or at least sweat it out a little?

Don't Andriene and Justin have other children?  

Sheila is funny but I would not want her as my assistant.  

Boy people in Salem sure move on fast   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ouinason said:

I continue to hate Julie's guts.  And Abe. And Maggie. 

Starting to hate Sarah too

You, ouinason, have excellent taste!!

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Also, I have no idea why Rex and Mimi (Lockhart?) and Rex's fiancée are on the show, but they seem awful. Especially the Farrah Fath one. No, thank you.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

I am not digging Eric/Sarah. Ron is going too fast and it irritates me. Why is Eric going to be with another brother's ex.  I gave him a pass on Nicole, since when he  initially got with Nicole, Brady was a toddler. Now, he looks like he has issues.

Victor is so one note. Why is he always so hateful to the Bradys, first Will and then Eric.  Eric is a hero for getting rid of that lecherous orange doctor.

I know that the show has no more money to burn, but, would it have been so hard to have Roman, Kayla, Hope, Eric, Rex, Will, having Thanksgiving dinner at the Brady pub. We could have had Kayla talk to Kim, Theresa, Carrie, Stefanie and Caroline over the phone. They all could have reminisce about Bo, papa Sean, and Zack. Rex could have brought a reluctant Kate to the dinner.  Perhaps, Rex could have played matchmaker with his parents and have them speak to Cassie.  It doesn't take much to write for characters who have connections with each other. Ron misses the simplest things at times that could make an episode memorable and good. The Hortons should have been represented as well. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Boy people in Salem sure move on fast   

And it's highly upsetting me. Nicole is not cold in her grave yet and here they are pairing up Eric with Sarah.  Did all of Sarah's feelings for Rex just disappear?  And why no scene of Eric really grieving for Nicole.  Why no funeral, memorial or even a reel of Eric and Nicole's best moments for a character who was on the show some 20 plus years. 

And here they are again with family members constantly dating/having sex with a relative's ex.  Rex is Eric's brother for Pete's sake.  We just went through this with Eric and Brady.  Does anyone in Salem ever have a problem with this common activity?  I refuse to watch and support this disrespectful and messy union of Eric and Maggie's daughter.

Will and Thanksgiving 

Why in the world is Will not spending time with his daughter at Thanksgiving and her cow of a mother, Gabi?  He has his memory back now so there's no excuse for this constant neglect.  

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, A.J. said:

And it's highly upsetting me. Nicole is not cold in her grave yet and here they are pairing up Eric with Sarah.  Did all of Sarah's feelings for Rex just disappear?  And why no scene of Eric really grieving for Nicole.  Why no funeral, memorial or even a reel of Eric and Nicole's best moments for a character who was on the show some 20 plus years. 

And here they are again with family members constantly dating/having sex with a relative's ex.  Rex is Eric's brother for Pete's sake.  We just went through this with Eric and Brady.  Does anyone in Salem ever have a problem with this common activity?  I refuse to watch and support this disrespectful and messy union of Eric and Maggie's daughter.

Why in the world is Will not spending time with his daughter at Thanksgiving and her cow of a mother, Gabi?  He has his memory back now so there's no excuse for this constant neglect.  

He has to moon over Sonny.

The cow is Abigail since she has milk but no one to feed.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

I know whenever we see Julie, that she's going to be obnoxious. But racist?

I like that they acknowledged that Brandon is Nicole's brother.

Doesn't Arianna live at the Kiriakis mansion?  Now that Sonny has flown the coop, Victor should shut it about her other father being there for her.

Ooh, I like Sarah talking back to Victor.

Why did Show feel the need to have Lani away for the dinner?  That was a poor choice.

With so many of Will's family in town, it was kind of weird that he wasn't with anybody for Thanksgiving.  Where were Lucas and Chloe?  I know Jennifer is probably not up to a family gathering (and I wonder how it will resonate during the Christmas tree ornament day), but he could have gotten together with Roman after Roman finished serving people.  What are Hope and Rafe doing?  Or Ciara, Belle, Shawn and Ciara? Why couldn't he have gone to Julie's dinner?

• Love 7

Eric is already Nicole Who.

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I know whenever we see Julie, that she's going to be obnoxious. But racist?

I like that they acknowledged that Brandon is Nicole's brother.

Doesn't Arianna live at the Kiriakis mansion?  Now that Sonny has flown the coop, Victor should shut it about her other father being there for her.

Ooh, I like Sarah talking back to Victor.

Why did Show feel the need to have Lani away for the dinner?  That was a poor choice.

With so many of Will's family in town, it was kind of weird that he wasn't with anybody for Thanksgiving.  Where were Lucas and Chloe?  I know Jennifer is probably not up to a family gathering (and I wonder how it will resonate during the Christmas tree ornament day), but he could have gotten together with Roman after Roman finished serving people.  What are Hope and Rafe doing?  Or Ciara, Belle, Shawn and Ciara? Why couldn't he have gone to Julie's dinner?

Lucas is with Ali in Italy and Chloe is with Parker and her parents in New York.

• Love 7

Will doesn't care about his daughter lol. Such a strange choice they're making there.

I was sorta, kinda on Julie's side with the Sheila thing tbh. I mean if no one ever told her Sheila wasn't gonna work for her anymore than how the fuck was she supposed to know? And Sheila's thinking being dishwasher is so lowly and that she's above it is a bit much honestly.

They are moving WAY too fast with Eric/Sarah. I mean it's been like a month since Nicole died. And like 2 weeks since Sarah broke up with her fiance. I think they're kinda cute together though tbh. I really like Sarah.

This was a pretty boring ep.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, bobcat1946 said:

Victor and Julie married with be fun as they lived their lives in hell.

I liked Victor/Julie during the cruise of deception storyline. The show was really building something between the two. Then, they abruptly changed course and reunited Julie with Doug. Stefano briefly fixated on Julie before Marlena. 

I like Julie, I know that it is not a popular opinion on here.  I do agree that she can be a bit much at times, especially when it comes to Gabi and her constant denials that Nick was pretty bad in the end, despite his attack of conscious before his death.  Unfortunately, Julie will be even more annoying when the truth comes out.   

• Love 8

I agree with everyone, I do not understand why Will did not spend the day with his daughter & Gabi?!  Even if they could not afford to have Gabi & Ari on-set, they could have Will saying he was going to their house.  And Justin has money, why didn't he & Adrienne fly to visit one of the other sons?   And speaking of family members, why haven't they had Rafe&Gabi share any scenes?  And, Apprentice, I love your suggestion...those family scenes are always the best!

• Love 7

Not for nothing, Pop-Up Victor, you hypocritical, sanctimonious old gasbag, but Sonny is a grown man. It is emphatically not your job to protect him, and certainly not by depriving him of information he needs to to make informed decisions about his life.

Does Carlivati truly not understand the difference between "good soap" and "wildly contrived & stupidly out of character"?

And as long as I'm giving out free advice, Tripp, what are you, a hermit? Shave that disgusting snarl of twine off your face!

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 9

Canadian Thanksgiving was back in October. With what was on offer today, I'd rather stop for a burger somewhere. The turkey was around the table and not on it. And where were the Hortons and Bradys?

Julie, your behavior toward Sheila was off-putting. She was not the hired help. Surely Eli could have told you that she wouldn't be taking the dishwasher job.

Abe, get over yourself. You too Victor. Your grandson is a grown man who can live his life as he wishes without your interference or unwanted help. Sending a plane? He could just simply call Will and say he will be home in a day or two.  Why does he want Will? Will, why didn't you stop by your daughter's today? Seems like you have zero interest in her and being a parent.

Eric, you really need to find women who aren't exes of your family members. Well, maybe they figure you are a step above. Nicole didn't even have a funeral and you are already moving on to your next true love.  Who just broke up with your brother. Yes, it was a shock for him to find out he has a kid from a fling. And a shock for you Sarah. The second woman he cheated with - well, he has to deal with that mess. And why he has a need to cheat. Why he is so insecure about what he can offer in any sort of relationship. Why does he want to marry you and vice versa?

Maggie, why haven't you walked out of the mansion yet?

• Love 6

I'm not too crazy about Sheila.  Abe is a pain in the ass at the best of times and there are rarely any "best of times' with him anymore, but Sheila's "I forgot" b.s. excuses would have had her behind fired the second time she pulled it.  Attitude is fine and all as long as there's something to warrant it.  Being unpleasant and moody isn't enough - and besides, in Salem, that's just par for the course.

Speaking of "course", OF COURSE Julie would treat Sheila like crap.  And OF COURSE she'd apologize and blame it all on Eli.  Doesn't make me like either one of them anymore than I already do, and I don't.

While I like John Aniston, don't we have the "Victor is a royal pain in the ass to everyone and then repents by end of episode" EVERY MONTH now?  Show could have surprised us this time and let him choke.

The number of Salem's Missing in Action contingent was far larger than the ones we saw this year.  As Apprentice79 said, the holiday family shows used to be one of the highlights and they are missed, especially when we're given the equivalent of a t.v. dinner like this episode.

Edited by boes
  • Love 13