Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hate how into Ben/Ciara I am. He looked at her lips approximately 20 times today and I was here for it.

He couldn't help it! He thought lips only moved when people read big words.

47 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And even when Gabi is plotting against the Chabby, she's still a support system for Sonny, Will and Rafe and a truly excellent partner in crime with Kate.

This is going to come back and karma Gabi's ass big time, though, right? I wouldn't put it past Kate to throw Gabi under the nearest bus. (Speaking of Kate's ability to locate public transit with pinpoint accuracy, has Sonny discovered yet that Kate was Leo's last silent partner?)

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It should be Hope, or one of her 3 daughters, not Kayla.  The scenes between Kayla and Marlena looked choppy. I think that some scenes were cut.  

I am having a "senior moment"....I cant remember Marlena having 3 daughters?  I can only think of Carrie & Sami....

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Thanks!  How could I have forgotten her?!  I really wish Belle & Shawn would return to the show...I like both of them and Claire could use her parents....

The show has no use for Shawn and Belle.  It's a shame!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, MsTree said:

Why should Hope be Marlena's choice for matron of honor?

Hope and Marlena are much closer friends than Marlena and Kayla have ever been.  Not that Kayla is a bad choice per se it just screams "Steve is the best man, so we should make Kayla the matron of honor." God forbid there isn't perfect symmetry between two couples.

Come to think of it, considering history Kate would probably be the best choice, but this must be one of the alternating months of the Kate and Marlena friendship.  September we will get a friends scene, October a "frenemy" scene, and then November sweeps TPTB will acknowledge their history and the fact that they have been friends since they were about twenty.

• Love 1

Hope, you seriously cannot order someone to leave town. It is the 21st century and you are not a sheriff with posse in some old west town. Whether you like it or not, Ben is free and can live where he likes. You just don't like him around your daughter. She is over 18 and allowed to make her own choices, whether they turn out to be good or bad. Her life, her lessons. You don't like Ben, you don't like his past. He is a free man. You killed Stefano - well, it was kind of a public service - and got zero time. Abigail integrated her alters and apparently healed her mental illness in record time - she killed on person, almost murdered three others, and she gets a pass. Butt out and let Ciara and Ben have their fling and then implode. Maybe he will kill again, maybe he will then leave town.

What about your place, Hope? Is your house being rebuilt or renovated? Rafe can spend the night at your place.

Too easy for Gabi to fix things with Ari. Nice that she manipulated an overnight stay. Karma will catch up with her and it will not be pretty.

Marlena, John has probably seen all your wedding dresses. The 15th zillion wedding won't make a difference if he has observed your gown.

Abigail, Chad does need some space to himself. Kinda rough on JJ who went through a similar situation. But it is always all about you.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Too easy for Gabi to fix things with Ari. Nice that she manipulated an overnight stay. Karma will catch up with her and it will not be pretty.

How much worse can it get. She was cheated on by a bunch of Hortons, dumped by Chad for Abby, lost her company, was framed for murder, went to prison,  and gotten beaten up so badly that she can't have kids.

• Love 18

Hope's hair is WAY too dark, come up a bunch of shades hair&makeup people. and Marlena's could be a couple of shades darker.

of COURSE this wedding will be a disaster. when is it supposed to happen?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope, you seriously cannot order someone to leave town. It is the 21st century and you are not a sheriff with posse in some old west town. Whether you like it or not, Ben is free and can live where he likes. You just don't like him around your daughter

Does Hope seriously not get that "I made him an offer he couldn't refuse" is a euphemism for blackmail? Do the writers not remember that it's basically ripped straight out of The Godfather? And that Hope is not a gangster? Oy.

Billy Flynn loves playing scenes with Freddie Smith and Camila Banus so much it's almost ridiculous. Sonny and Chad continue to be sort of inappropriately adorable.

I should be horrified by Gabi's destructive and potentially cruel behaviour; and yet I find her refusal to take any more crap off of Miss Abigail entertaining, watching her march around in her strappy white sheath, with her Underboob of Revenge, and her brow in a near-permanent disdainful arch. I am sure eventually she'll go back to being sweet, reliable Gabi, and that white dress will be found to have had some weird influence over her, like Spiderman's Venom costume.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 18

should be horrified by Gabi's destructive and potentially cruel behaviour;  and yet I find her refusal to take any more crap off of Miss Abigail entertaining, watching her march around in her strappy white sheath, with her Underboob of Revenge, and her brow in a near-permanent disdainful arch. (I am sure eventually she'll go back to being sweet, reliable Gabi, and that white dress will be found to have had some weird influence over her, like Spiderman's Venom costume.

So much this. If she was destroying a character I liked I'd probably be more judgy but I am LOVING this.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

How much worse can it get. She was cheated on by a bunch of Hortons, dumped by Chad for Abby, lost her company, was framed for murder, went to prison,  and gotten beaten up so badly that she can't have kids.

Serious;y, Gabi has not had an easy time of it--it took her a long while to make things right with Ari, way longer then it took Abs to get all of her alters intergrated--and she has suffered mightily and she is now exacting her own karma on Abby.  Hopefully Stefan will be up next :):)

• Love 11
On 8/11/2018 at 12:30 PM, TigerLynx said:

Please let Sami return, owning the Dimera mansion, throw Slappy out, and give the mansion to Gabi and Kate.

Seriously,

Spoiler

when Sami returns can we get a part two of the trifecta; Sami, Kate, and Gabi?

Only this time their goal is to kill Stefan and not Nick. 

• Love 9

I completely forgot to watch yesterday and hopefully didn't miss many Marlena and John flashbacks.  I have a soft spot for those two and enjoy their scenes together.  Days has such a rich history so flashbacks are a big draw for me (only been watching for a few years).

On 8/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Stefan O. sucks as a character, but also, Tyler Christopher is already doing his bored, going through the motions thing.  Just go away please.

He was really, really bad on Thursday.  Now I've only been half paying attention to this story because I can't stand Abigail, but even I can see that he's phoning it in.  Of course this story sucks and his acting partner might as well be a chalkboard, but come on!  He should be more professional than this.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

chad should have told abigail to go back home to granny jennifer. it's the DIMERA mansion. why does he have to leave? 

Aren't they living at Jennifer's?  Didn't Stefan O! kick them out, or they moved out on their own a while back?

• Love 3

The scene where Chad left was at Jennifer's, not Castle Dracula. Each of them semi-sobbed on opposite sides of Jennifer's front door! Oh, the humani --zzzzz.

ETA: Honestly, I think both performers did well enough with it; I just (once AGAIN) find the storyline so contrived it's sapped of any real emotional heft for me.

Edited by Sandman
Heft, I say -- HEFT!
  • Love 10

Chad and Abby’s goodbye was heartbreaking.   They love each other but cant get past things.   I thought chad was excellent in that scene. 

Marlenas reaction to John seeing her in the wedding dress made me laugh.  I don’t know their history of weddings but since I started watching again I don’t think I have seen one wedding not interrupted.     

• Love 1
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

Chad and Abby’s goodbye was heartbreaking.   They love each other but cant get past things.   I thought chad was excellent in that scene. 

Marlenas reaction to John seeing her in the wedding dress made me laugh.  I don’t know their history of weddings but since I started watching again I don’t think I have seen one wedding not interrupted.     

John and Marlena have had a dozen weddings, some of them ending up in marriage, some interrupted.  No one their age with this much history would be carrying on as two eighteen year olds just falling in love. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I completely forgot to watch yesterday and hopefully didn't miss many Marlena and John flashbacks.  I have a soft spot for those two and enjoy their scenes together.  Days has such a rich history so flashbacks are a big draw for me (only been watching for a few years).

He was really, really bad on Thursday.  Now I've only been half paying attention to this story because I can't stand Abigail, but even I can see that he's phoning it in.  Of course this story sucks and his acting partner might as well be a chalkboard, but come on!  He should be more professional than this.

It's more than just phoning it in. He always looks bored in his scenes.He's a mediocre actor at best. And I'm being kind. Goods looks is not enough to carry a story. He's not a strong actor. Never has been. The same thing applies to RSW.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, boes said:

Aren't they living at Jennifer's?  Didn't Stefan O! kick them out, or they moved out on their own a while back?

oh ok. i guess i ff'd too much! you would think chad could have afforded to rent a place in the meantime and not move in with granny. 

• Love 4
On 8/10/2018 at 9:46 PM, annabel said:

Hope's hair is WAY too dark, come up a bunch of shades hair&makeup people. and Marlena's could be a couple of shades darker.

of COURSE this wedding will be a disaster. when is it supposed to happen?

On 8/10/2018 at 9:48 PM, Frozendiva said:

I thought Hope's hair was too much and that she was wearing a wig. Something seemed off with the hairline.

Yeah, I agree...strange hair choices Hope. See, if the story held my interest I wouldn't be nitpicking or even noticing this stuff.

• Love 6
On 8/10/2018 at 10:51 PM, Frozendiva said:

Hope, you seriously cannot order someone to leave town. It is the 21st century and you are not a sheriff with posse in some old west town. Whether you like it or not, Ben is free and can live where he likes. You just don't like him around your daughter. She is over 18 and allowed to make her own choices, whether they turn out to be good or bad. Her life, her lessons. You don't like Ben, you don't like his past. He is a free man. You killed Stefano - well, it was kind of a public service - and got zero time. Abigail integrated her alters and apparently healed her mental illness in record time - she killed on person, almost murdered three others, and she gets a pass. Butt out and let Ciara and Ben have their fling and then implode. Maybe he will kill again, maybe he will then leave town.

What about your place, Hope? Is your house being rebuilt or renovated? Rafe can spend the night at your place.

Marlena, John has probably seen all your wedding dresses. The 15th zillion wedding won't make a difference if he has observed your gown.

Abigail, Chad does need some space to himself. Kinda rough on JJ who went through a similar situation. But it is always all about you.

Karma catching them all except for Princess Abigail and Kate.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, JBC344 said:

John and Marlena have had a dozen weddings, some of them ending up in marriage, some interrupted.  No one their age with this much history would be carrying on as two eighteen year olds just falling in love. 

No kidding! I mean, it's great that they're in love -- before the next inevitable "Goodbye FOREVER!!1!", that is -- but am I the only one caught between creeped-out and eye-rollingly bored with their horny teenager antics? Really, all Marlena should have to say is "I says it's bad luck to see the bride in her wedding dress before the wedding, and name ONE of our innumerable weddings untouched by disaster? Yeah, exactly -- OUT."

Or better yet, how 'bout they not make any sort of wedding-dressery fuss whatsoever, at this point?

• Love 5

Thoughts for the week:

Hope’s hair is distractingly dark, especially compared to Rafe’s now that he’s laid off the black shoe polish. Also Hope, kindly STFU. The entire world doesn’t jump at your every command.

I’m going to miss Stephen Nichols :(

Ben and Ciara continue to be shockingly interesting.

I’m all for someone giving Abby a little bit of comeuppance, and Gabi certainly has reason to be peeved at her, but I can’t say I’m really enjoying this revenge storyline. We all know that Abby will always come out smelling like roses, no matter what. FFS, Abby cheated with Sami’s husband and Sami is the one who was vilified for it. So it’s hard to get into watching Gabi’s revenge knowing that she will be made out to be the antichrist for daring to hurt poor sainted Abby.

Watching Marlena giggle-pout about her umpteenth wedding to John like she’s a twenty year old bridezilla is odd. To say the least. But at least it means less screen time for Abby, so bring it on, Show.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

Ben and Ciara continue to be shockingly interesting.

Heh. As in, at all?

10 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

We all know that Abby will always come out smelling like roses, no matter what. FFS, Abby cheated with Sami’s husband and Sami is the one who was vilified for it.

Still so strange.

• Love 4
On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎11 at 12:06 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

Not sure if this was on Friday as I watched the week's worth of eps in one sitting, but there was an awesome flashback to Jarlena's wedding in the eighties.  She had this amazing headpiece.  Gotta love the eighties.  Like you, I only started watching in the last decade so I also appreciate the flashbacks.

• Love 5
On 8/12/2018 at 9:48 AM, Sidney said:

It's more than just phoning it in. He always looks bored in his scenes.He's a mediocre actor at best. And I'm being kind. Goods looks is not enough to carry a story. He's not a strong actor. Never has been. The same thing applies to RSW.

I've seen TC turn in good performances before, so I disagree about his talent level.  His complete boredom with this story is understandable, but it's no excuse. 

Thank you, bannana!  I did see one flashback with a headpiece, so hopefully there weren't others I missed.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I've seen TC turn in good performances before, so I disagree about his talent level.  His complete boredom with this story is understandable, but it's no excuse. 

Well, we'll just agree to disagree. But that's what makes the boards fun. lol

Like I said, the only time I've ever enjoyed the actor in scenes is when he's playing opposite of his screen partner.

So Abigail is predicting the baby is a girl, hm? Or at least Chad is dreaming that Abigail is predicting it's a girl.

I wonder if Abigail took any drugs when she was putting her alters back together, and whether those would interfere with the baby.

It's funny how we were supposed to root for Will going with Gabi to doctor's appointments when she was pregnant with Ari, but we're supposed to hate Stefan wanting to go with Abigail to her appointments.

"What ever happened to widow's weeds?"

Isn't Kayla chief of staff?  Just because she doesn't have any patients doesn't mean she doesn't have administrative stuff to do.

It's hilarious that Stefan has a self destruct mechanism built into Steve's eye.

Why is Abigail running around in broad daylight wearing a negligee?

Ah, Abigail brings out the ol' slappin' hand.  It's what she's good at.

Aw, Paul, that's what comes from snooping.

Whoopsie.  Hello.  How will Will handle THAT reveal?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

So Abigail is predicting the baby is a girl, hm? Or at least Chad is dreaming that Abigail is predicting it's a girl.

I wonder if Abigail took any drugs when she was putting her alters back together, and whether those would interfere with the baby.

It's funny how we were supposed to root for Will going with Gabi to doctor's appointments when she was pregnant with Ari, but we're supposed to hate Stefan wanting to go with Abigail to her appointments.

"What ever happened to widow's weeds?"

Isn't Kayla chief of staff?  Just because she doesn't have any patients doesn't mean she doesn't have administrative stuff to do.

It's hilarious that Stefan has a self destruct mechanism built into Steve's eye.

Why is Abigail running around in broad daylight wearing a negligee?

Ah, Abigail brings out the ol' slappin' hand.  It's what she's good at.

Aw, Paul, that's what comes from snooping.

Whoopsie.  Hello.  How will Will handle THAT reveal?

Well, I think when you rape a woman you give up the right to be self righteous about sharing in the joys of pregnancy.

Stefan, at least now has a right to be a father, but those rights shouldn't extend to the pregnancy.  If he was truly remorseful and wasn't using the situation as a way to get closer to Abby he would graciously bow out of the "pregnancy activities" and agree to Abigail dispensing the need to know information to him (checkups, sex of the baby, due date).

• Love 5

I really hate how Ron is writing Stayla, this story does not fit them at all.   Kayla is strong and smart enough to take on Stefan.  Steve would never believe that she would have an affair.  Ron does not know Stayla at all. It is truly disappointing.  He has Sherry as his consultant, why does he not use her.  

I am tired of Steve yelling at Stefan. It is repetitive and grating. Enough already! 

Steve is just like Hope, while they both have legitimate reasons to hate Stefan and Ben, respectively. Their attitudes and methods leave a lot to be desired. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10

The look on Will's face at the end was so awesome.

I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if Ron C. flipped his usual script and had Kayla tell Steve everything, so that the two of them could team up to defeat Stefan.

Also, seeing Chad and Gabi together is bittersweet.  They go together so much better than Chad and Abby ever have or ever will.

• Love 12

Good episode today.  Lots of intense moments to enjoy.  There wasn't a dull moment at all for me.  

Going along with that, I really enjoyed seeing Andre.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  He really has that "creepy" thing in spades.  

I know it won't happen, but it would be nice if Ron C. flipped his usual script and had Kayla tell Steve everything, so that the two of them could team up to defeat Stefan.

Tell me about it.  Considering who Steve is and his line of work (along with John and Shane), it makes no sense that she would not tell Steve what's going on.  She went behind his back, okay.  But to be constantly be bullied by Stephan is not worth it.  He won't stop until someone makes him stop.  

• Love 7

Abigail, your husband can play with his friend's daughter. Get over yourself.

Stefan is under no obligation to attend Abigail's medical appointments. It is up to her to invite him to do so - he can't just force his way in the door, huge donation or not. Back off.

Did enjoy Andre. No, widow's weeds are almost a thing of the past.

Will, what an interesting situation you have found yourself in. Paul, things aren't what they seem.

Not surprised that Steve's 'eye' has some sort of booby trap. Tends to keep folks in line. Kinda a ho-hum ep.

• Love 5

Caught most of the show today. Are they seriously making Steve's eye controllable via phone app? LOL. No big control panel with a view screen? Of course not. Yet another budget conscious decision.

Love Gabby sticking it to Failure.

Over Andre. Especially as Kate's conscience. WTF is that?

Hope they keep Kate's new beau around - he seems a decent match for her, finally a boyfriend for Kate who doesn't make my eyes roll - but if he's blackmailing Will she'll hate him for that. Come on Ron, keep him around anyway.

Man, was Leo a dud character.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

... finally a boyfriend for Kate who doesn't make my eyes roll - but if he's blackmailing Will she'll hate him for that.

Will she, though? Kate is written as being all about her family -- until she's not. She didn't have any qualms about using Leo to wreck Sonny's life. She loves Chad, but Andre was always putting his own interests ahead of Chad's, even while saying how much he loved his brother.

I am also tired of Andre -- bringing back his ghost to haunt Kate's guilty conscience is trying patience I no longer have. Speaking of things that are sporting with my impatience, Steve's artificial eye is app-controlled? What is that, the iEye? Are we calling Steve iPatch from now on? Holy crap, this show.

• Love 9

As I said in the spoiler thread about the door slam/"Not so fast, bitch" moment, I liked Abigail showing a little more fire with Gabi today, although of course I enjoyed Gabi's smirk over Abigail's shoulder once she'd snowed her.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It would be funny if Stefan had a bug implanted in Steve's eye so he can keep track of everything he says or hears.

• Love 4

OK, so I think Eve is kind of the worst.  But I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed her little speech to Jennifer today.  She was 100% right that Jennifer needs to tell Eric or get off her high horse and admit she is no better than Eve.

Actually getting slightly interested in the dead Leo case.  I'm glad they aren't dragging this out any longer.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

She was 100% right that Jennifer needs to tell Eric or get off her high horse and admit she is no better than Eve.

Eve doesn't have it in her to be 100% right -- about anything, ever. Jennifer, for all her prissy sanctimony and over-indulgence of her children, has never, to my knowledge, treated a sibling so hatefully as Eve has Theresa. Eve can shut her face hole, post-haste.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Eve doesn't have it in her to be 100% right -- about anything, ever. Jennifer, for all her prissy sanctimony and over-indulgence of her children, has never, to my knowledge, treated a sibling so hatefully as Eve has Theresa. Eve can shut her face hole, post-haste.

As I said, I think Eve is kind of the worst.  But just because you are better in comparison doesn't make you good.  And even if you are terrible, that doesn't mean you can't call out other people on their terribleness too.

• Love 5

True -- Jennifer's not immune from criticism, even by Eve -- but "no better than" is a fight no one can win. (Sorry, you're right: Eve IS the worst -- I just can't listen to her anymore.)

• Love 3