Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Revenge Gabi is everything.  I've always loved Camila Banus and she just gets better and better.  I hope Gabi and Kate destroy Stefan and that they remain friends and scheme-partners.  Kate may be appalled that Gabi views Chad as collateral damage, but she damn well understands the concept. 

Abigail can leave anytime.  The character is boring and awful no mater who plays her.  I have no idea what anyone - Chad, EJ, Ben, Stefan, that other guy who was related to Lexie, etc. - ever saw in her.  I'm hoping Stefan can somehow be brought down, humbled and built back up because of my affection for Tyler Christopher, but that's can't happen as long as the character is in Abigail's circle of blah.

I don't remember, either because I wasn't watching at the time or because I was watching but was so bored that I can't remember, but who killed Deimos?

Really?  I find it all too believable.  Children who are separated from their parents can and do become angry and blame their parents for the trauma they experience.  The psychological effects are life long and absolutely heartbreaking.

That is true, but, Arianna is not in a traumatic situation.  She was not in foster care. She had her two daddies and lots of family members around to love and care for her. We all see things differently.

My siblings and I were separated from our parents for years, when they came to the states. We were left in the care of family members who loved us, as if we were theirs. We never felt sad and abandoned. In fact, we were spoiled rotten.   So, I was drawing from my own personal experience to judge Arianna's over the top reaction.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That is true, but, Arianna is not in a traumatic situation.  She was not in foster care. She had her two daddies and lots of family members around to love and care for her. We all see things differently.

It's not as if Arianna is voicing that she angry that her mother was gone for a long time like she was a few years ago when Gabi went to prison for killing Nick. Because she was too young to remember that.

Arianna is not even angry at her two daddies for telling her that her mom was coming home the next day, only for that to not be true because of what happened in the prison with the latest murder charge against Gabi.

I think it is being used to ramp up the tension, but I think once Gabi and Arianna are living together for a while and Arianna becomes comfortable with her mother being back, this incident will be forgotten.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

It's not as if Arianna is voicing that she angry that her mother was gone for a long time like she was a few years ago when Gabi went to prison for killing Nick. Because she was too young to remember that.

Arianna is not even angry at her two daddies for telling her that her mom was coming home the next day, only for that to not be true because of what happened in the prison with the latest murder charge against Gabi.

I think it is being used to ramp up the tension, but I think once Gabi and Arianna are living together for a while and Arianna becomes comfortable with her mother being back, this incident will be forgotten.

I also think Ari's being angry with her is being used as the main fuel for Gabi's revenge plot--I think she would have eventually gotten past the false imprisonment and the horrible beatdown but her daughter turning against her (and Gabi's finding out she might not be able to have any more kids) was her last straw.  But I do want to an Ari/Gabi reunion because I don't think I can handle seeing that cute little girl with a frowny face anymore :)

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Sidney said:

The characters that TC played opposite with is the only thing that made him interesting. ( Alexis, Helena, and Laura from GH) He had a few moments with LS, ( Vivian) but other than that the character always comes across as stiff and boring. They can't even muster up any chemistry between him and Stephen and Marybeth. Actors he worked with before. And it certainly didn't helped that he raped a mentally ill woman. He's a complete flop.

The Ted lawyer is more interesting then he is.

YES.  Yes yes yes.   I liked him more on GH but that's a low bar considering how absolutely dull I find his DOOL character.  

• Love 3

Eric telling his mom Jennifer was safe was sad to me.  

I am happy John and Marlena are having a big wedding since I missed the first 15.   Also weddings are fun.    Wonder what is going on with Sami?

nicoles name has been mentioned a lot lately.  

• Love 2

There is a part of me that really likes/appreciates that John and Marlena can still be a vibrant focus of the show at their age, but its also frustrating that the characters are in a lot of ways restricted to a place of "regression" when it comes to their characters and their standing.

The fact that a "big" plot point for them is their upcoming wedding, when said characters have had how many actual wedding and how many attempted weddings between them?  Yes, I understand the plot idea of having a wedding and what it does for a soap, I just think that TPTB missed an opportunity to show a different kind of celebration for an older couple on soaps. 

I think it makes a hell of a lot more sense for John and Marlena at this point to have gotten married at the courthouse or even a small private ceremony.  If a celebration is needed than a "fun, family/friends" reception would make much more sense.  The focus could of been on making sure all of their children are present.  Hell, even cast Marlena's mother for once and bring her in (Now that we know her father has recently passed). Or make the emphasis on a sort of "Anniversary" on the decades the couple has been in each other's lives.

I just think that there are ways to show an older couple that are still exciting, vibrant and plot worthy than using the same tropes you would use for a twenty-something couple getting started. I just think two late 60's characters who have a 35-40 year history would have more of a "been there, done that" attitude and be interested in doing things a little different this time around.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I think it makes a hell of a lot more sense for John and Marlena at this point to have gotten married at the courthouse or even a small private ceremony.  If a celebration is needed than a "fun, family/friends" reception would make much more sense.  The focus could of been on making sure all of their children are present.  Hell, even cast Marlena's mother for once and bring her in (Now that we know her father has recently passed). Or make the emphasis on a sort of "Anniversary" on the decades the couple has been in each other's lives.

It would make more sense if they have been separated for any length of time longer than a year in the past two decades or so. And they haven't been. Their last break up came around what happened with Kristen and Brady, but they got back together.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

It would make more sense if they have been separated for any length of time longer than a year in the past two decades or so. And they haven't been. Their last break up came around what happened with Kristen and Brady, but they got back together.

Exactly, they legitimately got divorced, for a  very realistic reason, and then immediately got back together.  Part of is that because there was no real "separation", we have actually been hearing about this plot for them to get married for at least the last two and a half years.  To the point where most of us hardcore fans couldn't even remember if they did remarry already. 

Ironically, now that I think about it, they have already done a "hand wave marriage" with John and Marlena (Bo and Hope as well).  Back during the Alice Horton Death storyline and it was revealed that John and Hope were actually married invalidating their marriages to Bo and Marlena.  After John and Hope got a legal divorce we never saw either couple get re-married, we just assumed they did if off-screen.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 1

Since GH has turned to complete shit this week I'm back to watching Days again, though I'm still a few episodes behind. We'll see how long it can hold my attention... though I better get my Stephen Nichols fix while I can. *sniff*

As everyone else has already said, the scenes between KdP and Ben were soaps at their very best. KdP is too good of an actress to be wasted in such shitty storylines. And I thought RSW did a respectable job of keeping up with her.

On 7/30/2018 at 12:04 PM, boes said:

OMG, Jonathan Lavery....."They cut the bad out" Lavery.  The SECOND worst Lavery in the universe.

LOL. Though to be fair, it's scientifically impossible for anyone in the universe to be worse than Ryan Lavery.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, Frozendiva said:

Maggie, Victor is not going to learn or change until he faces a real consequence for his actions.

Corrected that for you ;)

On 7/31/2018 at 4:58 PM, buffynut said:

I do wish Ben wasn't a serial killer, but like has already been mentioned, it's a soap, and almost everyone has killed at least one person.  So that in itself is not like the real world.  ...   So as long as Ben is remorseful, I can get on board the Cin train.

Yeah, I've watched soaps long enough to hold them to different standards than the real world. And especially in a town like Salem, where 99% of the characters have committed murder or other horrible crimes, it's hard for me to get too worked up over Ciara and Ben. I haven't much cared for Ciara since they dropped Lauren Boles (was that her name? the super talented child actress) but I find Ben makes Ciara quite watchable. And Ben has been surprisingly sympathetic. RSW has really come a long way over the past few years.

On 8/1/2018 at 6:12 AM, TigerLynx said:

True, but Days hasn't really had heroes in years.  The good guys and the bad guys do the exact same things.

And this is the problem. We have two characters who have both committed murders, and one (let's call him Ben) is vilified despite being remorseful, and the other (let's call her Flabby) is coddled and excused while showing no remorse and taking no responsibility whatsoever. It's hard to take any of these hypocrites' self-righteousness seriously. #teamserialkiller

On 8/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, Happytobehere said:

Well to be fair Melissa Reeves as Jennifer should be about fifteen years older than Eric Brady, since the twins were only a couple of years old when she joined the show in the role. Maybe the show is trying some sort of weird retcon that only applies to their characters.

I've always felt it's a big mistake when soaps (and they're all guilty of it) don't SORAS whole generations at once. Like, if you're going to age the characters born in the 90s by a decade, then do it to all of them, not just some of them. Otherwise you end up with the age-soup of Will being younger than EJ, his mother's husband, despite being born two years earlier.

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I've watched soaps long enough to hold them to different standards than the real world. And especially in a town like Salem, where 99% of the characters have committed murder or other horrible crimes, it's hard for me to get too worked up over Ciara and Ben. I haven't much cared for Ciara since they dropped Lauren Boles (was that her name? the super talented child actress) but I find Ben makes Ciara quite watchable. And Ben has been surprisingly sympathetic. RSW has really come a long way over the past few years.

Exactly! It's the ONLY way to appreciate the soaps. Otherwise you wind up picking everything apart...and let's face it, these "stories" were originally made/produced for the middle-aged housewife, looking for an escape into a world of romance (...Another World reference :)).  And while the writers have strayed quite a bit from the original intent, those of us who remember STILL watch for escapism and recognize the soaps for what they are...pure fictional entertainment.

• Love 11

Personally I love the Ben storyline. I really appreciate the fact that the  writers aren't sleeping the fact that he killed people. The fact that the writers aren't letting people forget and the fact that he is remorseful is what makes him a character I can root for. I also love Ben and Ciara together.

But can Hope please stop petting Ciara's hair.

• Love 8

Besides him being a  killer my biggest problem with the storyline is somehow Hope is the bad guy.   How is a mother not wanting her daughter with a cereal killer a bad guy?

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 4

Played catch-up over the weekend. And I have thoughts.

I really don’t get what the show is doing with Eve. It seemed like Theresa’s return was designed to prop up Brady and Eve. But now it looks like the whole thing was a way to make Eve a wrench in Jennifer and Eric’s relationship. And what’s the endgame here? Eventually Eve’s lies will be exposed and then … what? We’ll likely be exposed to months of her whining and scheming and begging Brady to take her back. It’s not even happening yet and I’m already over it.

And speaking of Jen and Eric, those two could not be more boring. Her keeping the truth from Eric is such a non-starter because their relationship is barely there as it is. It’s like watching a lukewarm bowl of oatmeal be threatened by some room-temperature milk.

I’m all in for Gabi. Sure, she’s being a little cruel. But she’s speaking all kinds of truth about Abigail, and I love it. I really want for someone on the show to connect the dots between Abigail and Ben in a concrete way. Why does she get a pass and he doesn’t? I could imagine a really great scene where Abigail tries to talk to Ciara about avoiding Ben and Ciara calls her out on her hypocrisy. Or maybe Hope suggests that Ciara talk to Abigail and Ciara snaps back that she shouldn’t be along with Abigail since she’s a killer and the only reason she’s not in Statesville is because a doctor (he grandmother, by the way) said it’s safe for her to be on the streets. Can you tell I have feelings about Abigail?

As for Ben and Ciara, I dig it well enough. The actress playing Ciara doesn’t bother me as much as she does some others on here. I’m not super invested, but I’m also not fast-forwarding through any of it.

Is Bonnie really coming back? Please, no …

Steve can see again. Yay! Kayla lied to him. Boo! This is going to be clichéd and annoying and it’s going to leave a bad taste in my mouth for Steve. Which is a shame. Because Steve and Kayla are consistently great.

They are ramping up the mentions of Sami, Nicole, and Kristen. And we all know what that means. Bring it, show. Bring it hard.

• Love 15
12 hours ago, MsTree said:

Exactly! It's the ONLY way to appreciate the soaps. Otherwise you wind up picking everything apart...and let's face it, these "stories" were originally made/produced for the middle-aged housewife, looking for an escape into a world of romance (...Another World reference :)).  And while the writers have strayed quite a bit from the original intent, those of us who remember STILL watch for escapism and recognize the soaps for what they are...pure fictional entertainment.

Unrealistic?  Really?  Why just the other day I ran into my previously unknown twin at Safeway and I told her about our half-brother who was a victim of the jockstrap strangler, BUT who was revived by a super dose of Preparation H.  Meanwhile, three aisles over, a mysterious stranger was squeezing the Charmin when the Chief of Police tried to stop him, she discovered he was her three times X husband who was presumed dead after being blown up in a nefarious microwave explosion - don't put metal in the microwave, kids! - and his body was never found, BUT it turns out that he was kidnapped by a convent of communist nuns who brainwashed him into believing he was the Mother Superior from Sound of Music.  Meanwhile, over in Baked Goods,  a baby was found abandoned near the Nutter Butters, and could he be the long-lost (for an infant), King of Pennsylvania who was stolen from his mother's womb when she passed out from some poisoned avocado toast at.........

Why, soaps are just like real life around here.......

33 minutes ago, Vince1178 said:

And speaking of Jen and Eric, those two could not be more boring. Her keeping the truth from Eric is such a non-starter because their relationship is barely there as it is. It’s like watching a lukewarm bowl of oatmeal be threatened by some room-temperature milk.

Hahahaha!!!!  GREAT slam, Vince1178!

• Love 19
23 hours ago, tribeca said:

Eric telling his mom Jennifer was safe was sad to me.  

I am happy John and Marlena are having a big wedding since I missed the first 15.   Also weddings are fun.    Wonder what is going on with Sami?

nicoles name has been mentioned a lot lately.  

yeah, safe like a mommy. cause she looks like she could be his, almost. i love the weddings also. i guess i may be a little jealous of the john and marlena continuing hot romance. not really all that relatable in real life and if it is, boy you are lucky. 

• Love 4

I just don't care about Brady at all.  He is another Days character who needs a long rest.

Will and Sonny should go to Hope and Rafe.  They have to know those two would sweep everything under the rug.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:11 AM, Apprentice79 said:

She lost Will once and Gabi twice and is (still) too young to process the hows and why.  Just because she wasn't in foster care with strangers doesn't make those losses and subsequent reappearances any less traumatic and confusing.

• Love 5

I loved Jennifer saying that Jack was the love of her life.  So many great memories with those two.. The show's last supercouple.. I loved their unconventional first wedding that was fitting for a couple that first made love in a cave.  Bo and Hope later caught them after they had done the deed. It was such a cute scene with the four of them. We had no idea as Jack and Jennifer were beginning their journey, as a couple. Bo and Hope were going to be separated by her death..

Did Jennifer forget that Kayla is Eric's aunt. Kayla looked uncomfortable with her declaration about Jack.  I doubt the show even remembers the Eric/Kayla connection.  I did like Kim and Eric bonding over their love of photography, years ago.  I wished that the show had developed that bond, given the irony that Eric was named after the man that molested Kim for years.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about this Will/Sonny/Ted story isn't working for me anymore.  Also, easy on the moral judgements, Sonny, when you killed somebody, albeit accidentally, and are currently trying to circumvent the law.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Vince1178 said:

I’m all in for Gabi. Sure, she’s being a little cruel. But she’s speaking all kinds of truth about Abigail, and I love it. I really want for someone on the show to connect the dots between Abigail and Ben in a concrete way. Why does she get a pass and he doesn’t? I could imagine a really great scene where Abigail tries to talk to Ciara about avoiding Ben and Ciara calls her out on her hypocrisy. Or maybe Hope suggests that Ciara talk to Abigail and Ciara snaps back that she shouldn’t be along with Abigail since she’s a killer and the only reason she’s not in Statesville is because a doctor (he grandmother, by the way) said it’s safe for her to be on the streets. Can you tell I have feelings about Abigail?

As for Ben and Ciara, I dig it well enough. The actress playing Ciara doesn’t bother me as much as she does some others on here. I’m not super invested, but I’m also not fast-forwarding through any of it.

Yes, that's what I'm having a hard time getting past.  Every time Abigail even vaguely tries to take responsibility  for anything she's done people fall all over themselves telling her it's not her fault and she shouldn't be so hard on herself.  She is the kindest, most wonderful, sweetest innocent in the world and NOTHING she does is ever wrong.  Meanwhile, Ben, who was also seriously mentally ill (was he hearing voices when he committed the murders? I honestly don't remember), shows remorse and is trying to take responsibility gets told over and over that he is simply the human equivalent of dog shit.

Also, for me, Ben is the only person who makes Ciara tolerable.  The fact that after spending time with him she stopped being a total bitch to Claire makes her slightly more likeable.  Their feud only started because Claire kept a letter Ciara wrote to HER boyfriend away from said boyfriend.  Who in their right mind would say, "yes, this other girl has feelings for you - I think I'll encourage THAT."

24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about this Will/Sonny/Ted story isn't working for me anymore.  Also, easy on the moral judgements, Sonny, when you killed somebody, albeit accidentally, and are currently trying to circumvent the law.

I didn't realize this until you said it.  I love Ted but somehow, this whole thing feels really off.  I'm finding it more boring than not.

• Love 12

Abigail has family on her side.    Ben is alone.    Abigail has done a lot of bad things but bens crimes do seem worse to me.   

The people giving Ben a difficult time have mostly been Eve (he killed her daughter) and Hope (who fears for her daughter).   

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Brady is having hissy fits about losing Tate even when Teresa offered to let him stay with Brady but Brady turned her down.  So why is Brady still having hissy fits.  

I don't think that Brady is able to connect the dots and realize that his reasoning is faulty.

• Love 10

Brady, maybe you need a nice, long vacation in sunny California.

Eve, your role in the mess is going to come out and then you and Brady may be done-zo.

The lawyer wants 8 figures for Leo's death to remain covered? What if he resuscitated him and he is somewhere laughing at all this and getting an even bigger payday. Sonny, tell the Salem PD. You might end up with a spa day.

Jenn, your excitement of being engaged to safe Eric is like watching paint dry. The relationship you have is too safe and ultimately will not work for either of you. Eric loves another woman, you are a replacement. There will be little drama with you, or really much of anything. Just two friends living together.

Steve, you probably don't want to know what Kayla did to get you your eye.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Brady is having hissy fits about losing Tate even when Teresa offered to let him stay with Brady but Brady turned her down.  So why is Brady still having hissy fits.  

Brady thinks hissy fits are sexy.  

I wish he felt the same about holding his breath ....... I'd like him to try that for about 45 minutes or so......

3 hours ago, drtslim said:

I don't think that Brady is able to connect the dots and realize that his reasoning is faulty.

Brady couldn't connect the dots in one of Tate's coloring books.  And yet, he's supposed to be this guy da wimmins just gotta have.

He's got all the appeal of a plucked chicken.

Regarding Ted, why didn't the guys suggest that Ted's case is very seriously weakened by him finding the body and not reporting it?

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, boes said:

Regarding Ted, why didn't the guys suggest that Ted's case is very seriously weakened by him finding the body and not reporting it?

That's what's wrong with this plot!  Ted doesn't really have any leverage over them because he has the body.  What is he doing with a body if he's so innocent?  Can he prove he didn't do it?

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wait, Abigail's baby is already kicking?

Perhaps, the writers meant to say quickening..

There are women on the writing staff who should have written it as Abigail feeling the quickening of the fetus.  It is too early for her to feel the baby's kick.

I wish that the show would have a woman on the show not realize that she was pregnant, until the day she gives birth. That would be hilarious and unique. It is amazing that a soap has never done that storyline. It should have been Kate. We know that she is very fertile... She is a mother of 6..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Well, who WOULDN'T wanna get the hell outta there?  

Smart kid if you ask me.

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I wish that the show would have a woman on the show not realize that she was pregnant, until the day she gives birth. That would be hilarious and unique. It is amazing that a soap has never done that storyline.

They did it on UK soap "Emmerdale" last year and it was pretty great.  They had, in retrospect, dropped in some hints, the character Moira mentioning that she was feeling kinda tired, etc., but she had a lot on her plate story-wise (her daughter had died, she'd split with her husband, etc.) and it wasn't anything too winky.  And then, as she's in the middle of a showdown with her crazy sister-in-law, she goes into labor.  It was bananas!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Baby kicking and already showing a baby bump?

If she is farther along than she thinks, then maybe she needs to count and realize that Chad is the father. Dummy.

• Love 15

Gabi's dress is gorgeous.

Ciara is now in "Love the one you're with" mode.

YES! Kate reading Abigail for filth is my everything today.

Claire is going to sing at the wedding?  They're setting up a disaster, aren't they?

What did Ben remember? And, Ben, you may want to find another therapist besides the grandmother of the guy you killed.

• Love 12

I enjoyed Claire's scene with her Papa(I think that's what she called John?), he was kind & listened to her woes.  Claire is too much into a 'woe is me" stage....she has said the same thing to numerous people(Hope, Julie among others), she feels like she is not good enough to have a boyfriend, lamenting the fact she will be a single at her Grandparents wedding, etc etc....I hope they give Claire a story line where she can really shine and prove that she is more than a silly teenager obsessed with Social Media(although I guess that's realistic?)

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

They did it on UK soap "Emmerdale" last year and it was pretty great.  They had, in retrospect, dropped in some hints, the character Moira mentioning that she was feeling kinda tired, etc., but she had a lot on her plate story-wise (her daughter had died, she'd split with her husband, etc.) and it wasn't anything too winky.  And then, as she's in the middle of a showdown with her crazy sister-in-law, she goes into labor.  It was bananas!

There was a TLC show devoted to women who did not know that they were pregnant, until they went into labor.  It was crazy.. 

Someone told me that the UK soaps are awesome..

Gabi, you're buying your boarding passes to the the crazy train as we speak. You'll be on board that sucker in no time.

So, are we supposed to believe she really buys that whole load she fed to Kate about Chad being better off or was she just playing Kate with it? I can't wait until that clueless bastard gets slapped in the face with this huge betrayal. He's too easy. 

Also, now that the Cin ship seems to be picking up steam, are we going to have a flashback of Tripp setting that fire? I mean maybe he found her, thought up a way to maybe be her hero by "saving her from a fire" but it got out of hand and, for some reason or another, he ran away. I admit I ff Ciara and Claire a lot and most of the time Tripp is collateral damage in that, so I don't know if scenes took place that make that scenario unworkable. It's just that somebody has to lose, and usually they turn that person into the bad guy.  

Ciara transfering those confused feelings for Ben onto Tripp. Classic soap......Too bad Ben was a EFFING SERIAL KILLER, show! I can't. I just cannot. 

Tripp is such a cute little soon to be loser in love.

Something about the actress who plays Claire's asymmetrical facial features takes me out of every scene she's in. It's shallow and unkind of me to comment on it, I know. I'm not proud of it, but I can't get past it. 

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It really is. A lot of boob though lol.

I was so confused when they showed Abigail with a bump. Was there a time-jump that only involved her lol?

Maybe she's stuffing her face with those world famous Horton donuts.  

• Love 3

Gabi, some double-sided tape is your friend for that dress. Nice dress but not fitting well in the chest area.

Good for you, Kate, to read Abs the riot act.

Claire singing at Grandma Marlena's wedding. Oh no. True love does not come easy or quickly. Claire will have to work for it. Go back to college in the fall and maybe there'll be a cute guy in one of your seemingly invisible classes.

Ben, it is in your best idea to find another therapist. Your trying to kill her grandson is a bit much to get past.

I hope Tripp didn't set the fire. He could be in more trouble than he was already with the whole hospital stuff he did. Still wonder if Ciara accidentally did so.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

18 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I'm a big fan of Coronation Street.  And it's a real street, so many scenes are filmed outside (no matter what the weather may be).  And you can see other cast members as "extras" just walking around outside or going in/out of their houses.  The characters have real jobs...working in the café, the hair salon,  the flower shop, the factory, the pub, etc.  The characters are much more realistic than our soaps.  

• Love 11
On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎06 at 3:36 PM, DaphneCat said:

Yes, that's what I'm having a hard time getting past.  Every time Abigail even vaguely tries to take responsibility  for anything she's done people fall all over themselves telling her it's not her fault and she shouldn't be so hard on herself.  She is the kindest, most wonderful, sweetest innocent in the world and NOTHING she does is ever wrong.  Meanwhile, Ben, who was also seriously mentally ill (was he hearing voices when he committed the murders? I honestly don't remember), shows remorse and is trying to take responsibility gets told over and over that he is simply the human equivalent of dog shit.

Also, for me, Ben is the only person who makes Ciara tolerable.  The fact that after spending time with him she stopped being a total bitch to Claire makes her slightly more likeable.  Their feud only started because Claire kept a letter Ciara wrote to HER boyfriend away from said boyfriend.  Who in their right mind would say, "yes, this other girl has feelings for you - I think I'll encourage THAT."

I didn't realize this until you said it.  I love Ted but somehow, this whole thing feels really off.  I'm finding it more boring than not.

This is a problem, but I think that is exactly where this story is going.  At some point, Abigail and Ben, have become the same...mentally ill, for different reasons.  It doesn't matter that Ben led to Abigail's mental illness, he has his own triggers.  It should be acknowledged by Abigail that she also had victims:  Kate, Marlena, Vivian, Gabi.  How is that different from Ben?

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Gabi, some double-sided tape is your friend for that dress. Nice dress but not fitting well in the chest area.

Good for you, Kate, to read Abs the riot act.

Claire singing at Grandma Marlena's wedding. Oh no. True love does not come easy or quickly. Claire will have to work for it. Go back to college in the fall and maybe there'll be a cute guy in one of your seemingly invisible classes.

Ben, it is in your best idea to find another therapist. Your trying to kill her grandson is a bit much to get past.

I hope Tripp didn't set the fire. He could be in more trouble than he was already with the whole hospital stuff he did. Still wonder if Ciara accidentally did so.

Pretty sure he also tried to kill Marlena in her office!

• Love 7

I've missed a month now/been DOOL-free for 30 days. (Wooo!)

Don't miss the StefaNo! Show one bit. And the thought of the Recast That Should Never Have Been is also keeping me away. I don't want to see even one scene of her. Has she appeared yet?

I caught 30 seconds yesterday but it happened to be the 30 seconds where Kate read Abigail for filth over keeping her baby and blaming everything on her mental health BS. I know the show wants me to see Kate as evil, but I can't. I want Kate and Gabi to go for the jugular. Finish Her!!

And now I can see my suspicions were correct and they have repainted Alice's house. It's grey now. Are Jen and Failure's shitty morals literally corrupting the world around them? I preferred pea soup green. It was vintage, but happier than grey.

...now that Steve apparently has one eye back (not two?) has this blindness story wrapped up and amounted to nothing?

Can the same be said for the mystery of who really killed Det. Frowny's deranged girlfriend in jail?

What was Eric's proposal to Jen like? Did he put the ring in a donut? Or did he hide it in her wrinkles?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Don't miss the StefaNo! Show one bit. And the thought of the Recast That Should Never Have Been is also keeping me away. I don't want to see even one scene of her. Has she appeared yet?

Not yet.  She will appear soon. Fans like you are not very happy.   I think that Ron is taking a gamble.. I am keeping an open mind..

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can the same be said for the mystery of who really killed Det. Frowny's deranged girlfriend in jail?

??  I'm drawing a blank on this storyline......Who is Det. Frowny and his girlfriend?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There was a TLC show devoted to women who did not know that they were pregnant, until they went into labor.  It was crazy.. 

They are I watch hollyoaks w which has like 10 gay characters and will turn anybody bi for example if chad and sonny were on that show it's possible they would sleep together lol.

• Love 2

Why did Trip answer the door?    He should have ignored it.   

Yesterday show made me sad.    Sad for Claire, Chad and yes even Abigail.   I say that as someone who is loving Gabi in revenge mode.  Although she seems over focused on Abby.   What about Stephan?

Stephen character works better with characters not named Abigail. JMHO 

• Love 2