Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Theresa could have been Jeannie's alter who stayed in control for years. Jeannie could have finally emerged and have to deal with the havoc that Theresa did in Salem.

Now THAT could have been a cool DID story *applauds* 

• Love 5

Okay, I haven’t posted much lately, but I had to say these two things about today’s episode:

1) I hate when people who have no idea of the history of the characters write scenes. I mean that Eric and Marlena conversation when she refers to her father in that stilted way as if Eric has never seen or heard of the man was bad enough, but it was made worse by the fact that after John stopped being Roman and lost custody of the twins, Eric went to live with and was raised by Marlena’s parents, which would include the very father she acted like Eric knew nothing about. In fact, Eric continued living with her parents even after he was an adult (something the show told us everytime the question of where Eric was for long stretches at a time was posed).

2) I was wondering when the show would move to reunite Eric and Brady in the face of Nicole returning, so that they could be torn apart again, and the show gave it to us today. I personally loved the brotherhood bond that existed between Brady and Eric and hate the fact that rather than bring to two together organically and build their relationship back to where it should be, the closeness that used to symbolize Eric and Brady is once again being used as a plot point. It’s especially sad that this is the path the show is taking when we have the ongoing battle of the bores that is Chad and Stephan.

• Love 6
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Okay, I haven’t posted much lately, but I had to say these two things about today’s episode:

1) I hate when people who have no idea of the history of the characters write scenes. I mean that Eric and Marlena conversation when she refers to her father in that stilted way as if Eric has never seen or heard of the man was bad enough, but it was made worse by the fact that after John stopped being Roman and lost custody of the twins, Eric went to live with and was raised by Marlena’s parents, which would include the very father she acted like Eric knew nothing about. In fact, Eric continued living with her parents even after he was an adult (something the show told us everytime the question of where Eric was for long stretches at a time was posed).

2) I was wondering when the show would move to reunite Eric and Brady in the face of Nicole returning, so that they could be torn apart again, and the show gave it to us today. I personally loved the brotherhood bond that existed between Brady and Eric and hate the fact that rather than bring to two together organically and build their relationship back to where it should be, the closeness that used to symbolize Eric and Brady is once again being used as a plot point. It’s especially sad that this is the path the show is taking when we have the ongoing battle of the bores that is Chad and Stephan.

Ron is writing the show, he chooses history that fits his agenda. If Sherry was writing the show, she would have had Eric talking  with affection about his grandfather who raised him and Sami for years.  

I loved original Eric's relationship with little Brady. It was so cute.  Sami also adored little Brady and Belle.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Hooray. Steve has been rebuilt in to the one million dollar bionic man. I hope the eye will be monitored regularly or has available replacement parts.

Thought most of the show was dull. Odd that the lawyer made a formal introduction to Kate. Thought they had already met.

Both Brady and Eric can walk Doc down the aisle. Seriously, she is old enough to give herself away for the umpteenth time. Unless it's for property purposes why does she and John need to be married? Just live together at this point.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Both Brady and Eric can walk Doc down the aisle. Seriously, she is old enough to give herself away for the umpteenth time. Unless it's for property purposes why does she and John need to be married? Just live together at this point.

They have been. John and Marlena have been together since they first got married as John and Marlena in 1999. They kept getting married when they discovered their marriage was invalidated to previously marriages or they just up divorcing one another for reasons. Despite periods of separation (lasting no more than some months), they have together for two decades.

• Love 3

this bionic eye stuff has me trying to remember about Steve's other eye. I know Bo did it, but does he actually not have an eye in that socket anymore? is there any reason why he couldn't have TWO bionic eyes?

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, annabel said:

this bionic eye stuff has me trying to remember about Steve's other eye. I know Bo did it, but does he actually not have an eye in that socket anymore? is there any reason why he couldn't have TWO bionic eyes?

There is no eyeball underneath the patch. It is sewn shut.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Aw, poor Paul.  But why the hell would they meet in a public place like that after Will lied to Paul about what he was going to be doing?

Because Will and Sonny are idiots.

Careful what you wish for, Paul.  Maybe he likes ' em dumb.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Hooray. Steve has been rebuilt in to the one million dollar bionic man. I hope the eye will be monitored regularly or has available replacement parts.

I loved this part of the show loved it.  Steve's joy was contagious and Kayla's reaction was just priceless!

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, boes said:

I loved this part of the show loved it.  Steve's joy was contagious and Kayla's reaction was just priceless!

Just makes me mad all the more that

Spoiler

Steve is leaving. BLAH. And he and Jack will - once again - not be on screen together.

Sigh.

• Love 7

Just another thought re: the Ben vs Abby debate:  The main reason why I have compassion for Ben is because Ben was both mentally AND physically abused by father...in fact, even tortured by that rat bastard for years!  To have a father like that, someone you're supposed to look up to, beat you and torture you until you start hearing voices...it's a wonder he survived at all!

I do understand the pain he put his victims & their families through during the height of his illness, but as Abby is allowed to say ad nauseum (and get away with) "that wasn't me!"  Ben was a tortured soul who's upbringing was nothing short of torment and excruciating pain inflicted upon a man who was his father...the person who was a monster instead of a role model.

So yes, I'm willing to give Ben a second chance and embrace the Ben/Ciara relationship. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Just another thought re: the Ben vs Abby debate:  The main reason why I have compassion for Ben is because Ben was both mentally AND physically abused by father...in fact, even tortured by that rat bastard for years!  To have a father like that, someone you're supposed to look up to, beat you and torture you until you start hearing voices...it's a wonder he survived at all!

I do understand the pain he put his victims & their families through during the height of his illness, but as Abby is allowed to say ad nauseum (and get away with) "that wasn't me!"  Ben was a tortured soul who's upbringing was nothing short of torment and excruciating pain inflicted upon a man who was his father...the person who was a monster instead of a role model.

So yes, I'm willing to give Ben a second chance and embrace the Ben/Ciara relationship. 

This is perfect.  If  Abigail can say she wasn't in control of trying to kill people because of the DID Ben can say he was listening to the voices - he didn't have control either.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Odd that the lawyer made a formal introduction to Kate. Thought they had already met.

I'm guessing that was because they were keeping the fact that they knew each other a secret because she didn't want anyone to know she was involved in the Leo scheme, but now they want to be together publicly so they have to pretend like they just met.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ben should have never come back. His arch was done.  Ron likes muscular men, so that is why he brought Ben Back. 

RSW has stated in interviews that Deirdre Hall campaigned for his return.  https://www.tvinsider.com/691816/days-of-our-lives-ben-return-robert-scott-wilson/ 

RC for sure has a type - stares hard at the Ford Brothers of OLTL - but RC's usual way from what I've seen to bring on more beefcake is to create new characters, not rehabilitate old ones who happen to look good.  Obviously mileage varies on the topic but I don't think it's as cut and dry that RSW was brought back to provide eye candy for RC. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

RSW has stated in interviews that Deirdre Hall campaigned for his return.  https://www.tvinsider.com/691816/days-of-our-lives-ben-return-robert-scott-wilson/ 

RC for sure has a type - stares hard at the Ford Brothers of OLTL - but RC's usual way from what I've seen to bring on more beefcake is to create new characters, not rehabilitate old ones who happen to look good.  Obviously mileage varies on the topic but I don't think it's as cut and dry that RSW was brought back to provide eye candy for RC. 

I personally feel like the Deidre comment was probably her mentioning it once or twice in an offhand way after a scene with him. I doubt she camped out waiting at Greg Meng's or Ken C's offices or called them insistently trying to convince them that they should rehire RSW, but it's a nice compliment in general coming from her, so I get why RSW mentions it in the interview. 

I don't know. Ron C is very superficial and he hired TC based on the fact that he's friends with him and worked with him on General Hospital. I say the fact he needed someone on the canvas (who could also potentially be a throwaway character later on) once RC gets fired or they need to kill off/prop up another character up.  Ben is essentially a ticking time bomb, similar to Nick Fallon who they half way redeemed then tanked him again for drama's sake.

I think once RSW's contract is up he'll probably move on anyways, he's in his early thirties now (he'll be 32-33ish when his contract is up, if it is indeed a two-year one) with a decent body so it's do or die when it comes to breaking into primetime and he seems to want to expand further outside of daytime. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, betweenthelines said:

I personally feel like the Deidre comment was probably her mentioning it once or twice in an offhand way after a scene with him. I doubt she camped out waiting at Greg Meng's or Ken C's offices or called them insistently trying to convince them that they should rehire RSW, but it's a nice compliment in general coming from her, so I get why RSW mentions it in the interview. 

She was very angry about how Chandler was fired, she and Chandler are very close. Her displeasure did not push Meng and Ken Corday to right their wrong. In fact, they doubled down and praised Guy to the heavens.

The only person that Deidre had any say when it came to casting was bringing Wayne back as Roman.  The show was courting her for years, after she left the show to concentrate on primetime and to have a baby. She finally relented and said that she would come back to the show, only if Wayne came back. The show acquiesced and that is why we had the tale of the two Romans. John not being Roman was never part of the show's long-term plan.

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was very angry about how Chandler was fired, she and Chandler are very close. Her displeasure did not push Meng and Ken Corday to right their wrong. In fact, they doubled down and praised Guy to the heavens.

The only person that Deidre had any say when it came to casting was bringing Wayne back as Roman.  The show was courting her for years, after she left the show to concentrate on primetime and to have a baby. She finally relented and said that she would come back to the show, only if Wayne came back. The show acquiesced and that is why we had the tale of the two Romans. John not being Roman was never part of the show's long-term plan.

Yeah exactly, she probably just said to RSW "You should have a contract here!" jokingly after a scene to him and RSW took the comment and ran with it. Which I get, but in no way does she influence anyone on the show. Especially now. Look how many times she herself was fired or jerked around by DAYS despite Greg and Ken both being there for years now. Even Chandler, who she adores and is very close with, she even had a going away party for at her own home for him after he was basically thrown off set and fired one day. It didn't stop them from not pushing GW on us as you mentioned, even though we all know she had to be PISSED at how CM was treated.  

It all boils down to them probably needing a character that is expendable and can do things and get away with it, such as murder.  Ben is pretty much a plot point, who I'm sure will begin his descent into madness again (if it hasn't already happened yet). Based on today you can clearly see that we're in for a Tripp/Ciara/Ben triangle with Claire thrown in. In the end Tripp will end up with Ciara, it's coming and dislike all four of those characters so it's not even a preference thing. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, boes said:

Because Will and Sonny are idiots.

Careful what you wish for, Paul.  Maybe he likes ' em dumb.

I haven't watched the episode yet, so nothing much to add at the moment except that this comment made me think of this:

And now I can't stop giggling. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

yes that was really dumb. what did she say? "you know my father died last week"? how odd. what mother says a sentence like that to her child about said childs grandfather? who, as  you said, he is certainly very familiar with? just stupid writing.

• Love 4

Did Marlena's father ever walk her down the aisle at one of her many previous weddings?

Oh, come ON, Ciara!  You didn't hear what Claire was saying when she grabbed Tripp and hugged him?

Why bother, Maggie?  You whine and whine then just let Victor do what he wants.

Ciara can't decide if she wants Tripp or Ben.

Kassie DePaiva earned an Emmy today.

"That list of photos"?

Hope just stood there and watched, hoping Eve would kill Ben.

Ooh, Jennifer walking in on Vic and Eve's conversation was a nice touch.  I like investigator Jennifer much more than Holier Than Thou Jennifer.

• Love 10
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Marlena's father ever walk her down the aisle at one of her many previous weddings?

I think that her parents were there when she married John as Roman. I hope that somebody could correct me, if I am wrong.  That was a beautiful wedding with Carrie and the twins. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

There was a lot of maturity in today's episode:  I liked the conversations between Tripp. Claire and Ciara and that Ciara forgave them for hurting her--if the girls can keep this level of communication going, they just might be able to be friends again.  I like it.

I liked that Brady listened to Jenn's explanation regarding Victor and that he's willing to help expose the truth regarding the frame-up.  I hope Maggie decides to leave Vic for good and that he loses his whole family--he needs to face some serious consequences for all of the people he's hurt.

The Ben and Eve scenes were painful to watch but very well done by both actors.  I still want to watch Jenn destroy Eve though--Monday should be epic :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

There was a lot of maturity in today's episode:  I liked the conversations between Tripp. Claire and Ciara and that Ciara forgave them for hurting her--if the girls can keep this level of communication going, they just might be able to be friends again.  I like it.

I liked that Brady listened to Jenn's explanation regarding Victor and that he's willing to help expose the truth regarding the frame-up.  I hope Maggie decides to leave Vic for good and that he loses his whole family--he needs to face some serious consequences for all of the people he's hurt.

The Ben and Eve scenes were painful to watch but very well done by both actors.  I still want to watch Jenn destroy Eve though--Monday should be epic :)

I'm pleased with the direction.  But I still bristle at the show being so biased in Ciara's favor with those two.  I think, in light of the Tripp and Claire kissing, it was on Claire to apologize first.  But has Ciara ever apologized to Claire ANY of the crap she's done to her?  Ciara blamed Claire for Theo getting shot, blamed her for Theo and Ciara not being together, pushed her way past Claire to see Theo first when he awoke from his coma, begged him to dump Claire... and then when Theo said Claire was the one he wanted to be with and the letter was never the issue, she just kept being a jerk to her and acted like she was entitled to treat Claire poorly.  

If Ciara isn't going to take responsibility for her actions and apologize for what she did, then seeing Claire apologize annoys.  Ciara's rape, her father dying.... all of that sucks.  But none of it excuses her treatment of Claire who is not only her niece, but was a pretty good friend who took up for her after Chase and with Wyatt.   As for the letter, Ciara was the one in the wrong for writing it at all... though I blame Julie for her shitty advice. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I'm pleased with the direction.  But I still bristle at the show being so biased in Ciara's favor with those too.  I think, in like of the Tripp and Claire kissing, it was on Claire to apologize first.  But has Ciara ever apologized to Claire ANY of the crap she's done to her?  Ciara blamed Claire for Theo getting shot, blamed her for Theo and Ciara not being together, pushed her way past Claire to see Theo first when he awoke from his coma, begged him to dump Claire... and then when Theo said Claire was the one he wanted to be with and the letter was never the issue, she just kept being a jerk to her and acted like she was entitled to treat Claire poorly.  

If Ciara isn't going to take responsibility for her actions and apologize for what she id, then seeing Claire apologize annoys.  Ciara's rape, her father dying.... all of that sucks.  But none of it excuses her treatment of Claire who is not only her niece, but was a pretty good friend who took up for her after Chase and with Wyatt.   As for the letter, Ciara was the one in the wrong for writing it at all... though I blame Julie for her shitty advice. 

Don't forget Ciara assaulting Claire with a punch in the face. It was an unprovoked attack. It showed that Ciara has no feelings for anybody, but, herself. I have my issues with Claire, but, Ciara forgot that Claire is not some roommate, that she shares a house, but, her brother's only child.  She has never treated her like family.  

• Love 4
(edited)

IMO at this point if anyone has become an expendable character its Stefan. One look at discussion about Days on social media like twitter or Facebook and MANY people are glued to Ben and Ciara. Many are enjoying how they are slowly trying to redeem Ben. And a huge majority agree that Stefan is a massive douchebag. I feel like if he left tomorrow not a lot of people would care. Sadly I loved Tyler on GH so I do hate that they handed him such a crappy character to play.

Eta: haaa I actually forgot that Claire is Ciara's niece. Its easy to forget by the way she's been treated.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 4

Hope, you may wish to see Eve beat Ben to death, but you are a cop. Whether you like it or not, he is a free man. He served his time, he got back to sanity, and maybe he is trying to turn his life around.  Maybe not and he will kill again. Yes, you also hate that your daughter has found her own bad boy. He probably does have some constitutional rights that you are violating. He could very easily have charges brought against Eve for assault. Was she justified? Maybe. Both actors did a good job.

Jenn, won't it be fun to figure out that Eve is the one that asked Victor to set up Theresa! Maggie should have reached the point of no return regarding Victor changing in any way, shape, or form. He will always be part of the Greek mob.

Ciara, maybe there is hope for you and Claire yet in becoming friends and learning to live like young, mature adults. Maybe some other girl will come to town and Tripp will chose her. Ciara, just one piece of advice - don't listen to your Aunt Julie.

• Love 7

Yeah........that scene with Eve losing it on Ben and her raw, unfiltered, almost mad grief was a pretty stupendous scene.  KdP was every bit as good as I expected and quite a bit more.  This was no restrained, civilized misery, this was snot-nosed, raw-throated, half crazed despair.  Amazing.

And for me it was a powerful reminder of why Ben - no matter his sincere remorse, no matter the root cause of his mental illness, not even the skill with which I think RSW is playing the role - can never be really redeemed for me.  He killed Paige, this innocent young girl who did nothing to him or anyone else, he killed the midwive who delivered the baby he thought was his son, he killed Elephant Woman (I'm more ambivalent on her) who sure as hell didn't deserve it and then there was his brutal attack on Will.......how can people in Salem, especially people like Eve or those who love Will EVER be okay being around the guy?

This, for me, isn't about what anyone else has done - even Abigail, who I dislike intensely (especially with Kate Mansi's subpar performance and her rabid chipmunk voice and mannerisms), but just about what Ben did.   Cured, living the straight and narrow, all of that - how does he come back from that??  I don't see it.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, msrachelj said:

yes that was really dumb. what did she say? "you know my father died last week"? how odd. what mother says a sentence like that to her child about said childs grandfather? who, as  you said, he is certainly very familiar with? just stupid writing.

Don't forget John's real father and mother just died, what, last year?  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, boes said:

Don't forget John's real father and mother just died, what, last year?  

Well... in our defense, John probably forgot too. Hell, he probably can't recall who his parents actually were in the end.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

Well... in our defense, John probably forgot too. Hell, he probably can't recall who his parents actually were in the end.

Ha!  Neither can I.....

• Love 5

Yeah........that scene with Eve losing it on Ben and her raw, unfiltered, almost mad grief was a pretty stupendous scene.  KdP was every bit as good as I expected and quite a bit more.  This was no restrained, civilized misery, this was snot-nosed, raw-throated, half crazed despair.  Amazing.

And for me it was a powerful reminder of why Ben - no matter his sincere remorse, no matter the root cause of his mental illness, not even the skill with which I think RSW is playing the role - can never be really redeemed for me.  He killed Paige, this innocent young girl who did nothing to him or anyone else, he killed the midwive who delivered the baby he thought was his son, he killed Elephant Woman (I'm more ambivalent on her) who sure as hell didn't deserve it and then there was his brutal attack on Will.......how can people in Salem, especially people like Eve or those who love Will EVER be okay being around the guy?

This, for me, isn't about what anyone else has done - even Abigail, who I dislike intensely (especially with Kate Mansi's subpar performance and her rabid chipmunk voice and mannerisms), but just about what Ben did.   Cured, living the straight and narrow, all of that - how does he come back from that??  I don't see it.

I cannot even remember WHY he killed all those young women. was there a reason? other than his mental instability which is now fine (skeptical) as long as he takes his medication?

• Love 2

Finally, I am all caught up. I must say, I really love Gabi so much more than I have ever loved her. I like how Chad thought Gabi should get over being sent to jail and almost being beaten to death because Abby was mentally ill but he can't do the same when Abby ends up pregnant. This is why I don't feel bad for him. He is a hypocrite. 

Anyways, I think Gabi should take Chabby out for lunch after this whole thing is done. It is the least she can do for them. 

153275771791105165?6535856463

• Love 10
(edited)
8 hours ago, annabel said:

I cannot even remember WHY he killed all those young women. was there a reason? other than his mental instability which is now fine (skeptical) as long as he takes his medication?

I think some of it might have been because they found out about something he did. I wasn't watching at the time so I'm not sure on the details.

@TwistedandBored What is that gif from?

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, annabel said:

He saw a drunk and sad Chad kissing Serena at TBD or whatever it's called now and killed her to frame Chad and get him away from Abby.  He had put a tracking device on Abby's phone and knew she had been seeing Chad.  I can't even remember why he killed Paige but I think she may have overheard something, or maybe saw something the night he killed Serena?  It wasn't shown onscreen I think we may have just been told afterward.  He killed Will because he realized as they were talking one day that Will had figured out he was the killer.  He killed the midwife just, well, because, I guess.

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

He saw a drunk and sad Chad kissing Serena at TBD or whatever it's called now and killed her to frame Chad and get him away from Abby.  He had put a tracking device on Abby's phone and knew she had been seeing Chad.  I can't even remember why he killed Paige but I think she may have overheard something, or maybe saw something the night he killed Serena?  It wasn't shown onscreen I think we may have just been told afterward.  He killed Will because he realized as they were talking one day that Will had figured out he was the killer.  He killed the midwife just, well, because, I guess.

He killed Paige because he saw her having a simple conversation with Chad at the square. It was an innocuous conversation with Chad that got her killed. It is why I can never get behind Ben's redemption. 

It is why he attacked Marlena. He found out that Chad was seeing her and wanted to frame him as a serial killer preying on women. 

Any woman with a connection to Chad would have been killed by Ben.

Paige never saw anything. It was the fans speculating about the killer's motives before we even knew that Ben was the murderer. 

He killed Will because Will saw the ties in the garbage. Will got spooked and Ben had to kill him to keep him quiet.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He killed Paige because he saw her having a simple conversation with Chad at the square. It was an innocuous conversation with Chad that got her killed. It is why I can never get behind Ben's redemption. 

It is why he attacked Marlena. He found out that Chad was seeing her and wanted to frame him as a serial killer preying on women. 

Any woman with a connection to Chad would have been killed by Ben.

Paige never saw anything. It was the fans speculating about the killer's motives before we even knew that Ben was the murderer. 

He killed Will because Will saw the ties in the garbage. Will got spooked and Ben had to kill him to keep him quiet.

You have a great memory, lol.  I just knew his reasons for killing Paige were super vague, and then I knew in mid conversation at the apartment it dawned on Will that Ben was the killer.  The whole reasoning for the killings was half assed writing I thought.  They obviously just wanted to get rid of Serena and Paige because the characters weren't working.  The recast Will was a bust and they needed a splashy kill to make their story better.  Then they made Ben the killer because, and I know this is not the case now, but he wasn't working and they had tried with him for almost two years at that point.  So they came up with shoddy reasons for the killings, but even so, they were shown to be calculating if not well thought out, so they can't ignore it now.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

You have a great memory, lol.  I just knew his reasons for killing Paige were super vague, and then I knew in mid conversation at the apartment it dawned on Will that Ben was the killer.  The whole reasoning for the killings was half assed writing I thought.  They obviously just wanted to get rid of Serena and Paige because the characters weren't working.  The recast Will was a bust and they needed a splashy kill to make their story better.  Then they made Ben the killer because, and I know this is not the case now, but he wasn't working and they had tried with him for almost two years at that point.  So they came up with shoddy reasons for the killings, but even so, they were shown to be calculating if not well thought out, so they can't ignore it now.

Doctor Daniel should have been the killer.  It should have been revealed that he had been killing patients for years in Salem and elsewhere.  I would have even tied Grace's death to him. He killed her. He was her doctor at the time of her quick death. 

Serena discovered the truth and had to be killed. He saw Paige at the hospital and mistakenly thought that she had discovered the truth.  So, he killed her.  He would attack Marlena because she was hired to set up a profile in the murder cases.  She probably became suspicious of him. Will and Jennifer would have gotten involved investigating and writing about the suspicious deaths at the hospital. Daniel would slowly be poisoning Nicole as revenge for Nicole having slept with Eric. She and Eric slept together when they were locked up in that furnace by Xander.  Nicole would have had her miracle baby, by Eric.  Her son Evan Nicholas Brady.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

I seemed to remember that Ben would black out when he killed them and then later he would be freaked out when he had memory flashes of what he did.  Schizophrenia with paranoia which sounds like what Ben has is a very serious mental disorder.  An emotional life event can trigger a psychotic episode in those with with this mental disorder so I think Abby cheating on him and lying to him over and over could be classified as an emotional event and could have triggered psychotic episodes resulting in the murders. 

Kassie and Robert were amazing in Friday's episode.  You could see how devastated Eve is over the death of her daughter and her desperation for answers from the man who killed her.  You could also see the pain and remorse in Ben's face but I understand why he couldn't answer Eve's questions.  He is struggling with his mental illness and it is very devastating to him that he killed people and he's still trying to understand himself why he did it.  He may not even remember much about the murders if they occurred during a psychotic episode in which he blacked out. I don't want to feel sorry for Eve because of the way she treated Theresa but Kassie made me feel bad for her in this instance.

I also like Jennifer when she is in investigator mode.  I can't wait until she finds out Eve was behind it and tells Brady that Eve cost him his son. 

Why does Marlena need someone to give her away at her umpteenth wedding?  If she must, it should be Eric and let Brady and Paul be John's best men.  Speaking of Eric, he is one sexy fine man.

I loved the scenes with Kayla and Steve surprising her with the flowers and him being able to see again.  They are one of my favorite couples on this show.  I wonder how Steve will react when he finds out Stefan is behind him being able to see again. 

I liked that Ciara has forgiven Claire and I hope then become friends.  I enjoy Trip's new hair cut and I think he and Claire would be cute together. 

I hated Hope just standing there watching Eve attack Ben and hoping that Eve murdered him.  What kind of police  commissioner is she?  A hypocritical, immoral one who harasses and bullies suspects and who who needs to be fired.  I hated that both Rafe and Hope treated Ben like he did something wrong when he was the one being attacked and is bleeding.  Oh and I really hated the way Eve treated Ben when she thought he just was a homeless guy sleeping on the bench. 

I did love how Ben showed up Ciara's place looking for help with his wounds and probably some comfort at the same time.  I wish characters that Abby has hurt were allowed to rail at her and attack her for what she's done to them but only Ben's victims or family members of victims are allowed to.  I did also enjoy a Chabby free day.

Edited by jaylee-03031
  • Love 12
(edited)
3 hours ago, jaylee-03031 said:

I seemed to remember that Ben would black out when he killed them and then later he would be freaked out when he had memory flashes of what he did.  Schizophrenia with paranoia which sounds like what Ben has is a very serious mental disorder.  An emotional life event can trigger a psychotic episode in those with with this mental disorder so I think Abby cheating on him and lying to him over and over could be classified as an emotional event and could have triggered psychotic episodes resulting in the murders. 

I don't remember him blacking out.  I do remember those blinking red lights outside of his apartment.  While Abigail's infidelity may have been a stressor, he made the choice to kill. The fact that he was actively framing Chad means that he knew what he was doing was wrong.  He thought about it, planned it, executed his evil plans methodically and deliberately.  The show never gave us a diagnosis on what he suffered from. I wish that people would admit that there are evil people in the world who do not possess a conscious.. Psychopaths and sociopaths have been roaming the earth , since time immemorial.  Some people are wired differently.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, boes said:

I enjoy Ben and Ciara until I really have to think about what he did and I'm starting to not be able to get past it.  It's going to have to take a major retcon for me to get past it I think. And not a tumor. I'm talking far-fetched, a man in a mask, retcon.

• Love 5
(edited)

Hope standing there frozen watching Eve beat up Ben.    All I could think was she is seeing herself if anything happens to her daughter.   

Abby’s story would work better if some people didn’t forgive her (not gabbys revenage ).   The reactions to Ben are more like  reality.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I enjoy Ben and Ciara until I really have to think about what he did and I'm starting to not be able to get past it.  It's going to have to take a major retcon for me to get past it I think. And not a tumor. I'm talking far-fetched, a man in a mask, retcon.

That's basically where im at. I'm getting so into them now that I needed the scenes with Eve on Friday to bring me back to the reality of what he did. But then, crap, that look at the end when he rang Ciara's doorbell..crap the heart eyes lol. Then I said wait, but yes he killed innocent women! Paige's death was particularly brutal.

Its interesting to watch both GH and Days since both are showing the redemption of murderers (IIRC didn't Ron C create the character of Franco?). Both will take a lot of creative writing and I can see both characters never being fully forgiven. For me though so far, out of the two  feeling *something* for Ben. Maybe because they are putting what Ben did out there and aren't sweeping it under the rug. They're letting him come to terms with what he did and how it will be a reality everyday.  I feel like RC is a total hack so I expect to start getting annoyed soon though.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Its interesting to watch both GH and Days since both are showing the redemption of murderers (IIRC didn't Ron C create the character of Franco?). Both will take a lot of creative writing and I can see both characters never being fully forgiven. For me though so far, out of the two  feeling *something* for Ben. Maybe because they are putting what Ben did out there and aren't sweeping it under the rug. They're letting him come to terms with what he did and how it will be a reality everyday.  I feel like RC is a total hack so I expect to start getting annoyed soon though.

Ron C did not create the character of Franco. That was James Franco who came up with the character that he would play on GH. He wanted to something for one of his many college courses and worked for scale while he was there.

Ron had the brilliant idea of having Roger play Franco when ABC was forced to give up the three OLTL actors playing their characters from that show on GH. Ron thought hey, let's use Roger to play Franco and ignore all the reasons why the character was not feasible on the show.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

That's basically where im at. I'm getting so into them now that I needed the scenes with Eve on Friday to bring me back to the reality of what he did. But then, crap, that look at the end when he rang Ciara's doorbell..crap the heart eyes lol. Then I said wait, but yes he killed innocent women! Paige's death was particularly brutal.

It was very brutal.  I wish that show had brought back the actor as a twin. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Doctor Daniel should have been the killer.  It should have been revealed that he had been killing patients for years in Salem and elsewhere.  I would have even tied Grace's death to him. He killed her. He was her doctor at the time of her quick death. 

I like this idea.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Unfortunately that would have never happened because Ken Corday slobbered over Daniel's dick.

With Melissa Reeves and Arianne Zucker following right behind him. (Still think Dan and MR's obvious preference for that mess is what caused Matt Ashford's last exit.)

• Love 4