Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Again, while I'm always leery about couples given this kind of push before they are even together, good stuff with Ben and Ciara today.  I like how Ron is tackling Ben's issues versus, say, how he tried it with Franco on GH ("Look, these DVD's show I was just kidding about having you raped in prison!  And ouch, my head hurts, I must have a tumor!  But I'll still make lots of funny jokes about my blood-red past!").

I also enjoyed Tripp shutting Claire down.  She makes no sense.  In addition to putting the moves on Tripp when she's allegedly so worried about Ciara, didn't Theo only dump her ass like two days ago?  But she's got all these feelings for Tripp?  Uh, okay.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

Robert Scott Wilson does a heck of job portraying a creepy, scary 'off his rocker" character!  Ciara really needs to call her Mother, or somebody, for help...enough with feeling all mushy & sorry for Ben. The whole trial thing is making my head hurt :)  Lots of anvils falling for the return of Nicole & Jordan?   

• Love 5

If the show tries to redeem BOllie from this point forward, it'll be irresponsible and creepy. ("So, pretty much par for the course, then?") I'm just going to keep FF-ing away...

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Sandman said:

If the show tries to redeem BOllie from this point forward, it'll be irresponsible and creepy. ("So, pretty much par for the course, then?") I'm just going to keep FF-ing away...

Ron will redeem him because he looks good with a shirt off and has nice abs.  I guess he will get an ornament on the Horton tree. I wonder how JJ will react to his girlfriend's killer being on his family tree.  Paige's death was really disturbing.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

He won't get an ornament because he hurt princess abigail lol. Although Eric didn't seem too bothered about Ben running around after killing serena.

I'm sure I wasn't supposed too but I felt sorry for Clyde being stuck with hope and rafe today.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 6
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

He won't get an ornament because he hurt princess abigail lol.

I'm sure I wasn't supposed too but I felt sorry for Clyde being stuck with hope and rafe today.

Same here. I cannot stand Hope and it has to do with the Lunk that she is dating.

Since when does Eric hate Theresa. Jeez.. I hated how he spoke about her to JJ.  Eric has always been decent to her, even when she did not deserve it.  I hate this type of writing. This is truly bizarro world, I feel kinda bad for her.. First her sister turns on her, now her cousin, Eric...She can't catch a break.  If nobody in her family will stand with her,  in her time of need, what chance does she have? 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Same here. I cannot stand Hope and it has to do with the Lunk that she is dating.

Since when does Eric hate Theresa. Jeez.. I hated how he spoke about her to JJ.  Eric has always been decent to her, even when she did not deserve it.  I hate this type of writing.

Yeah I thought Eric came across as kinda self righteous.from what I remember he was the one she was closest too besides caroline 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

Yeah I thought Eric came across as kinda self righteous.from what I remember he was the one she was closest too besides caroline 

The writing is slanted against Theresa and I dislike that type of heavy handed writing. Ron is never subtle in his writing..

• Love 4

They had to trot Clyde all the way to the Salem PD instead of visiting him in jail?

Wasn't Brady's heart surgery on the night that Deimos was killed the result of his drug use?

"Pepe LePew"?  LOL!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They had to trot Clyde all the way to the Salem PD instead of visiting him in jail?

I thought Clyde was brought to the Salem PD also, but later either Rafe or Hope mentioned something about going to see him, so I guess the jail office they met at, is set up exactly the same as the Salem PD office. ?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why would Ben get an ornament?  He isn't a Horton.

The rules for getting an ornament has gotten lax over the years.  They give them out like candy these days.  I mean Melanie has one for goodness sakes.  Gabi has been gifted TWO ornaments.  One for being involved with Nick, and then later on JJ gifted her with one when they were dating, or whatever they were doing.  I suppose maybe she gets to keep it/them because she's Ari's mom?  Ben would get one because Ciara is a Horton and he's gonna be her boyfriend, of this I have no doubt.  Ron seems to like writing for Ben, he has zero interest in Tripp.

• Love 3

So what kind of prescription did Ben get when he was released from prison.  I would think he's been out no more than a week.  Did he only get 7 pills?   Just seems odd he'd be out of his meds in such a short time of being released.

• Love 4

I was happy to see James Read again - he plays Clyde so well. He was menacing in his scenes with Ben's hallucinations.

Surprised that Ben wasn't given a 30 day prescription for his meds. Seems he has only been out of the sanitarium for a few days.

Claire, how icky to make the moves on Tripp. Show some self-respect and not be so needy. It is not about you. He is genuinely concerned about Ciara.

Wonder how the fire was set at the cabin. Surely someone in a nearby town will see the smoke and flames. I guess that Ben will rescue Ciara from the burning building. Or she will need to find a way to make a crutch for herself to hobble out.

Looked like Theresa wanted her cocoa puffs or whatever. Funny that the ISA could not provide detailed records of her undercover assignment in Mexico. Neither she nor Brady deserve full custody - shared is the way to go. Find herself a home, make space for her son, get a job, and show she is an involved and interested parent. Not just get back at the ex and your half sister. And Eve, Brady is just a dude. He ain't all that.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, ihavenoidea said:

The rules for getting an ornament has gotten lax over the years.  They give them out like candy these days.  I mean Melanie has one for goodness sakes.  Gabi has been gifted TWO ornaments.  One for being involved with Nick, and then later on JJ gifted her with one when they were dating, or whatever they were doing.  I suppose maybe she gets to keep it/them because she's Ari's mom?  Ben would get one because Ciara is a Horton and he's gonna be her boyfriend, of this I have no doubt.  Ron seems to like writing for Ben, he has zero interest in Tripp.

And, yet, Sami didn't get an ornament until 2008, despite being Will's mother since 1995 and married to Lucas in 2007.  At least they gave Johnny an ornament at the same time as Ally. 

• Love 7

Claire really needs some guidance.    She needs to go have a talk with her grandma Marlena.    

I would be terrified if my daughter was with Ben and would do everything I could to find her.  Hope is very lucky to have so many resources.    

The murders Ben committed where so violent     Paige, Serena, the midwife (Mary?)  and at the time Will.  We saw them all so it’s not easy to forget.  

Others have mentioned Eve.  Ben killed her daughter then was so cold to her when she went to see if Paige was possibly alive saying she was worm food.  Eve should be in this story.   She really liked Ciara.  She could be helping Hope find her and fighting the decision to let Ben free.  

The custody case is interesting as everyone’s dirty laundry seems to coming out    

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RachelKM said:

And, yet, Sami didn't get an ornament until 2008, despite being Will's mother since 1995 and married to Lucas in 2007.  At least they gave Johnny an ornament at the same time as Ally. 

I still miss Sami.  Speaking of which is there anyway Will and Sonny's current actions are going to get blamed on Sami?  Or when the truth comes out is it going to be Will made you do it right Sonny?  He's just like Sami.

Theresa I like you.  You used to be smart.  Brady isn't worth it.  Get joint custody of your son, and forget about Brady.

• Love 5
(edited)

I actually thoroughly enjoyed Friday's ep.

I loved all the Ben/Ciara stuff. Whatever, I'm a sucker for that shit. And I think the Ben actor is good.

I need Theresa to fuck JJ soon or else I'm gonna lose all hope of ever liking her. I can't deal with her sniffling over Brady.

Eve sucks, but the "Pepe La Pew" crack had me howling.

JJ and Eric together in scenes was too much. I was afraid my TV would combust. Eric is being weirdly asshole-ish about Theresa though. But I hate her so I don't particularly care lol.

Rafe's haircut is fucking stupid.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

True, to be fair, Johnny was believed to be Lucas. I still hate the fact that Johnny's paternity was retcon.  I need Sami to come back. She needs to tell Brady to get a life. I always thought it was bad writing that Sami was not embroiled in the feud between Brady and Eric.  Given her history with Carrie over Austin.  I always loved the sibling relationship between Eric/Sami. The show, as usual, never really did anything with it.   I remember after Will was killed, Eric just held Sami and it was so heartwarming and sad at the same time. He knew exactly what his twin needed..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Rafe's haircut is fucking stupid.

Like it's wearer.

53 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, to be fair, Johnny was believed to be Lucas. I still hate the fact that Johnny's paternity was retcon.  I need Sami to come back. She needs to tell Brady to get a life. I always thought it was bad writing that Sami was not embroiled in the feud between Brady and Eric.  Given her history with Carrie over Austin.  I always loved the sibling relationship between Eric/Sami. The show, as usual, never really did anything with it.   I remember after Will was killed, Eric just held Sami and it was so heartwarming and sad at the same time. He knew exactly what his twin needed..

Sami was best man at Brady's second non-wedding to Kristen, and when Brady and Eric were fighting, Sami was the one pulling Brady off of Eric.  After that, Sami and Brady never shared another scene together before AS left.  Brady and Eric had scenes with fucking EJ instead of Sami.

I'm all for retconning the retcon of Johnny's paternity.  While they are at it, retcon Sydney's paternity to.  Reunite Sami and Lucas, and have Sami and Kate help out Theresa and Gabi.

• Love 5

Johnny's paternity wasn't retconned initially.  There was always a question of who the twins biological father was.  It was either going to be Lucas or EJ.  The show went with the soapier route and gave each one a child. 

Hell, even Celeste predicted that Sami was pregnant by EJ. Lucas was believed and hoped to be the father, and legally was Johnnie's father by mere fact of he and Sami being married, but paternity was always a question.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Johnny's paternity wasn't retconned initially.  There was always a question of who the twins biological father was.  It was either going to be Lucas or EJ.  The show went with the soapier route and gave each one a child. 

Hell, even Celeste predicted that Sami was pregnant by EJ. Lucas was believed and hoped to be the father, and legally was Johnnie's father by mere fact of he and Sami being married, but paternity was always a question.

JER wanted Lucas to be his father. He got fired and the new writers changed it. So, it was retcon. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

JER wanted Lucas to be his father. He got fired and the new writers changed it. So, it was retcon.

But JER was already gone months from Days even before Sami got pregnant. Hogan was HW and who knows what he wanted except for everything to be darker and edgier. 

They went soapy (me: stupid) and gave a twin to each man. I rather the twins to be Dimeras as most of the Hortons are annoying as hell. See current Claire and Ciara.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

But JER was already gone months from Days even before Sami got pregnant. Hogan was HW and who knows what he wanted except for everything to be darker and edgier. 

They went soapy (me: stupid) and gave a twin to each man. I rather the twins to be Dimeras as most of the Hortons are annoying as hell. See current Claire and Ciara.

It was his story about Sami having twins by Lucas. Hogan took over and changed it.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Kate paid Nick to say the paternity test showed EJ was the father.  After Stefano kidnapped Sami when she was pregnant, Nick told the truth, that Lucas was the father.  Then when the twins were born, the writers changed it to have Lucas as Allie's father, and EJ as Johnny's father.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TigerLynx said:

Kate paid Nick to say the paternity test showed EJ was the father.  After Stefano kidnapped Sami when she was pregnant, Nick told the truth, that Lucas was the father.  Then when the twins were born, the writers changed it to have Lucas as Allie's father, and EJ as Johnny's father.

Lucas was always meant to be their father.  As a Lumi fan, it was a slap in the face. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Lucas was always meant to be their father.  As a Lumi fan, it was a slap in the face. 

That entire storyline ended up being a slap in the face.  Ken Corday did not like Sami/EJ as a couple, and never had any intention of putting them together.  So why ruin Sami/Lucas and their happy family with Will, Allie and Johnny?

Kate actually blackmailed Nick to lie and say the twins were EJ's when the paternity test showed both twins were Lucas' children.  I remember Sami and Lucas' reactions when they found out to.  They were both so happy Lucas was the father.  Sami's words to EJ, "Why are you still here?  You are irrelevant."

• Love 6
(edited)
16 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

That entire storyline ended up being a slap in the face.  Ken Corday did not like Sami/EJ as a couple, and never had any intention of putting them together.  So why ruin Sami/Lucas and their happy family with Will, Allie and Johnny?

Kate actually blackmailed Nick to lie and say the twins were EJ's when the paternity test showed both twins were Lucas' children.  I remember Sami and Lucas' reactions when they found out to.  They were both so happy Lucas was the father.  Sami's words to EJ, "Why are you still here?  You are irrelevant."

Exactly, once Hogan got fired, Dena came back and put the nail on the Lumi coffin, by having Lucas walk in on Sami fucking EJ, conceiving Sydney. Then, Sami was pushed towards Rafe, Dena's pet. Lucas became marginalized further, making him, irrelevant, by the powers that be..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

This whole Chad, Sonny, and Kiriakis family business situation makes me want JKJ's Phillip to come back. I don't care what anyone says but Sonny is a such downgrade from Phillip. 

I think sadly that is what we're stuck with in terms of Sonny re: Titan. The show has been pushing this since Freddie returned. Even though I loathe the toll the character Sonny has taken by being involved in this mess. It would be much better for him to go back to being a business owner. The show isn't interested in Phillip, and if he did come back it would probably be short term to announce to Victor on his death bed that Sonny is much better suited to inherit lol. 

I think eventually the show is going to be forced to recast EJ, unless JS has a lobotomy or Ken/Greg get down on their knees begging and televise the event. Especially with Sami doing these random pop-ins and the serum being explained. They even made it obvious last Fall that he was alive so it's only a matter of time, even though I'm not the character's biggest fan. It's sad that EJ is now considered a "real" Dimera, and the show continues to have an obsession with them that I don't see changing. So even though Chad is a joke as a Dimera; I figure that it won't be for much longer. Stefan isn't viable, and part of me wonders if they're setting up Ben to fill the void of villain once Stefan is killed off next year. I think Ben will get the Nick treatment in the end, where they partially redeem him and then ultimately turn him back into a crazy villain. 

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I think sadly that is what we're stuck with in terms of Sonny re: Titan. The show has been pushing this since Freddie returned. Even though I loathe the toll the character Sonny has taken by being involved in this mess. It would be much better for him to go back to being a business owner. The show isn't interested in Phillip, and if he did come back it would probably be short term to announce to Victor on his death bed that Sonny is much better suited to inherit lol. 

I think eventually the show is going to be forced to recast EJ, unless JS has a lobotomy or Ken/Greg get down on their knees begging and televise the event. Especially with Sami doing these random pop-ins and the serum being explained. They even made it obvious last Fall that he was alive so it's only a matter of time, even though I'm not the character's biggest fan. It's sad that EJ is now considered a "real" Dimera now, and the show continues to have an obsession with them that I don't see changing. So even though Chad is a joke as a Dimera; I figure that it won't be for much longer. Stefan isn't viable, and part of me wonders if they're setting up Ben to fill the void of villain once Stefan is killed off next year. I think Ben will get the Nick treatment in the end, where they partially redeem him and then ultimately turn him back into a crazy villain. 

Philip should be on the show fighting his cousin Alex for Victor's throne. Anjelica, Adrienne and Kate should be thrown in the mix. Justin and Victor should be at odds over the war between their sons. Brady and Sonny should not have anything to do with Titan. Brady was an artist and Sonny wanted nothing to do with his family's dirty business.

• Love 5
On 7/5/2018 at 8:11 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Gilles is French. I don't know if Ted is supposed to be, though.  His accent was stronger in the past. 

that's why i mentioned it  because" ted" mentioned being french and it surprised me. it doesn't sound like any french accent i've ever heard. 

Just now, msrachelj said:

that's why i mentioned it  because" ted" mentioned being french and it surprised me. it doesn't sound like any french accent i've ever heard. 

He had a thicker accent. He probably took classes to diminish it. Marion Cotillard spoke no English, when she won her Oscar. Her French accent is practically nonexistent. 

Catching up this weekend...so, back a few days...Ben is out of his meds?? How in the world did he ever get released after those vicious murders- multiple by my last count and  seriously, if it is only meds keeping him sane ...they just turn him lose and say "take your pills, dude. See ya."

This is the most ridiculous writing & getting worse by the day. Does RC think we are all so stupid &  uninformed?? He was convicted of crimes & sentenced to do time...insanity plea or not. To declare him sane & release him only because he is now medicated? What the everlovin' ish is this?!!

Sadly even with this crap writing, I like RSW. One of the very few (only) interesting stories left at this  point after everyone else has been pretty much decimated. Unfortunately decent soap storytelling is pretty much dead. Now its plot plot plot & characters are flipped like a leaf in the wind.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

I think eventually the show is going to be forced to recast EJ, unless JS has a lobotomy or Ken/Greg get down on their knees begging and televise the event. Especially with Sami doing these random pop-ins and the serum being explained. They even made it obvious last Fall that he was alive so it's only a matter of time, even though I'm not the character's biggest fan. It's sad that EJ is now considered a "real" Dimera, and the show continues to have an obsession with them that I don't see changing. So even though Chad is a joke as a Dimera; I figure that it won't be for much longer. Stefan isn't viable, and part of me wonders if they're setting up Ben to fill the void of villain once Stefan is killed off next year. I think Ben will get the Nick treatment in the end, where they partially redeem him and then ultimately turn him back into a crazy villain. 

Which is really sad because every time Sonny or Chad try to act tough, it makes me laugh. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, DeafAngelboy23 said:

When Ciara saw the fire & her first thought was? 

“Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked...”

44D3E46F-3E0B-433B-8CAC-6545A1B41376.gif

Some Firebenders would greatly improve the show at this point. Or dinosaurs rampaging through town. You know Stefano probably had a secret dinosaur lab hidden away somewhere.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

Catching up this weekend...so, back a few days...Ben is out of his meds?? How in the world did he ever get released after those vicious murders- multiple by my last count and  seriously, if it is only meds keeping him sane ...they just turn him lose and say "take your pills, dude. See ya."

Wasn't Andre a serial killer? And Abby killed Andre and attempted to kill 3 other women and she's walking around free as a bird. Hope killed Stefano. Murder isn't exactly that big of a deal in Salem.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, msrachelj said:

This is what he sounded like almost ten years ago. It doesn't feel like that long ago. The first thing I remember seeing him on was the TV show Brothers & Sisters. 

• Love 1
(edited)
41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wasn't Andre a serial killer? And Abby killed Andre and attempted to kill 3 other women and she's walking around free as a bird. Hope killed Stefano. Murder isn't exactly that big of a deal in Salem.

For me, the issue with Ben and Ciara lies with the fact this is Ron attempting to write a serious topic. Ron doesn't have a good track record with these types of things, romance is also not his speciality. I agree, that there is potential there for Ben and Ciara but Ron will rush this and skip over all the important beats that would have made them an actual rooting for couple. He'll bypass all the good stuff and leave you with just a pairing. It's already starting to happen.The cabin stuff was very heavy handed and is already starting to damage Ciara's character in the sense that Ciara has always been a tough vixen even as a child, who can fend for herself. It's also hard to imagine Bo's daughter with a serial killer. She is also currently being written as Ben's saviour, whose innate goodness will save Ben from himself which is crazy for the character of Ciara. LB's Ciara was a character who could give even Sami a run for her money, this one is just being written as dumb and selfish. It's clear they're just using her to redeem Ben, it's just annoying that a legacy character is being diminished for this to happen. 

Although people seem to be supporting a Ben and Ciara pairing, I don't see Ron going against his own formula where he goes back his original pairing (it's already happening onscreen with Will and Sonny). It's clear they're building a Tripp/Ciara/Benn triangle, just to create drama and to help redeem Ben. In the end I suspect Ciara will most likely go back to Tripp, and towards the end of RSW's contract (or when he decides to leave) they'll make him a psycho again and kill him off the same as Nick Fallon. 

Another thing is how the contracts are now, it makes it hard to really invest in a pairing whose actors have never left and came back. Especially when it involves new actors, Victoria is new to DAYS and in her very first contract and "big" role.  I suspect she'll be departing when her two year deal is up since she'll probably have gained a fanbase and she'll want to see if she can be successful outside of DAYS like literally all the younger actors do. I can see the same thing happening for RSW; although he was on the show before he was barely utilized then, and people hated him until he went crazy so the circumstances will be different now.

• Love 4
(edited)

God help me, I am actually liking...  er, maybe even loving Ben and Ciera a little bit.  Something in it reminds me of Kelly and Jeffrey in the Ghost Town on Santa Barbara back in the day.

Do I need to lie down and put a cold compress on my head until this passes?

I never had any use for Ben before (I found him plastic and boring) and I only mildly liked Ciera (after our beloved Lauren Bowles left that is), but, bless...   I am feeling the chemistry.   dammit.

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

So true...what was I thinking, right? This is SALEM....where murderers can become chief of police & people get locked in coffins & rooms & never ever have bodily functions below the waist. lol. I have to remember what show I am watching. (Although to be fair, the same can really be said of any of the remaining soaps any more.)

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree with all that, for sure. I just enjoy what I can because it'll all be ruined in a couple months lol.

I think Ron is all in on Ben/Ciara, he pimps them daily on twitter, plus he's already  put more thought into those two as a pair than he has any other pairing since he got on the show. He barely even writes for Tripp.  I don't care for them, I can't get past how recent the murders were, but I can see why people do.  Their trope is as old as time, and people think their pretty.  Bad guy who is redeemed by the love of an innocent young rape victim.  It's like a rehash of Jack and Jennifer except Jack wasn't a serial killer but a rapist instead.  People eat that up.  The couples on this show have sucked and been thrown together for very little reason for three or four years now, this is the first time since maybe Ericole or Chabby 2.0 that they've gone a more traditional route.  That being said Ron sucks at romance and I can see him overexposing them to the point where people will start getting annoyed (kinda like Chabby, my former faves).  Until then though, I'd say enjoy!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ihavenoidea said:

I think Ron is all in on Ben/Ciara, he pimps them daily on twitter, plus he's already  put more thought into those two as a pair than he has any other pairing since he got on the show. 

He'll still ruin them eventually!

1 minute ago, ihavenoidea said:

That being said Ron sucks at romance and I can see him overexposing them to the point where people will start getting annoyed (kinda like Chabby, my former faves).  Until then though, I'd say enjoy!

Also this lol.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ihavenoidea said:

I think Ron is all in on Ben/Ciara, he pimps them daily on twitter, plus he's already  put more thought into those two as a pair than he has any other pairing since he got on the show. He barely even writes for Tripp.  I don't care for them, I can't get past how recent the murders were, but I can see why people do.  Their trope is as old as time, and people think their pretty.  Bad guy who is redeemed by the love of an innocent young rape victim.  It's like a rehash of Jack and Jennifer except Jack wasn't a serial killer but a rapist instead.  People eat that up.  The couples on this show have sucked and been thrown together for very little reason for three or four years now, this is the first time since maybe Ericole or Chabby 2.0 that they've gone a more traditional route.  That being said Ron sucks at romance and I can see him overexposing them to the point where people will start getting annoyed (kinda like Chabby, my former faves).  Until then though, I'd say enjoy!

Not to be negative since everyone is entitled to enjoy what they enjoy but Ron literally does that with all his stories. Will's return, Gabigail and now Ben/Ciara, it's clear these stories were his "babies" per se. If anything the Chad/Abby/Stefan thing was WAY more overexposed by him than this and look how that turned out in the end. It literally ruined Stefan and guaranteed his immediate death in the future LOL. Not that I'm complaining since I'm ready for him to die! :)

I think it's clear he's writing for them to be a pairing but he'll make a ton of mistakes and ruin them fast since it's already happening. I'm more invested in keeping Ciara intact as a character since I liked her when LB was in the role and think they are writing her as this "good" girl when shouldn't be. It makes me wonder if they'll write Allie Horton as the vixen/bad girl now, since they seem to be taming Ciara to make her fit with Ben (which is why I also think Tripp makes more sense for her, bad girl/good guy). Allie was always the smart "good girl" type growing up. I don't see it lasting, just based off Ron's writing. I suspect he'll get the Nick Fallon treatment in the end. I get what you're saying about Tripp but I'd be shocked if he didn't go back to his original couple, since it's two characters from known DAYS families, it's like killing two birds with one stone.

• Love 5

Won't catch me rooting for Ben and Ciara.    Writers love to push couples to get fans rooting for them and then will throw one of them under the bus.  Because they never really meant for them to be a couple so I think he intends for Ciara to be with Trip.  Not rooting for them either.

• Love 5

I hate that Ben's a serial killer, however, 4 years ago when I first starting watching the show again, and 90% of the characters were new to me, I liked Ben better than Chad.  And though I've grown to tolerate Chad and Abigail, Ben and Ciara are the first couple I've seen in my 4 years of watching again, that have chemistry. 

And, really, as already posted, almost every character in Salem has killed someone.  Some even killed a fragile wheel-chair bound 80-something year old, and then flirted and fell in love with her accomplice in covering up the murder, and then was rewarded with the Police Commissioner position.  Yes, Hope did go to prison (for a while), but she still killed Stefano and tried to frame Andre, another serial killer!

Seriously, is there *anyone* in Salem that hasn't killed or attempted to kill someone?

• Love 11