Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Please don't try to forgive Abigail, Gabi.

Aw, isn't Stefan and Gabby's story so romantic?  Puke.

No wedding drama?  In Salem?  Ha.

At least Show is acknowledging that what Stefan did was rape.

Nice Friday ending.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That reminded me of Brody on OLTL rightfully pointing out that Jessica created a whole new alter out of his dead/murdered best friend solely to hurt him.  It was a jab that Princess Jessica totally deserved, even if Brody didn't quite have the moral high ground given he had just climbed out of Natalie's bed again.

Now I just wanna rewatch Brody (and Brody/Natalie) scenes, dammit!

I fast forwarded the Abigail/Stefan scenes, but nice to hear they had her call it rape. 

I loved everything Gabi had to say today and how CB played it.

I am already over the Eve/Brady/Theresa triangle and it hasn't even begun.

• Love 5

I hate that Victor treats Xander like is he is the scum of the earth.  I don't even remember why he does it.  Regardless, that's man is family.  That's part of the reason Xander is so screwed up.  He keeps trying to get Victor's approval but Victor keeps insulting and dismissing him.  I like Xander a lot and really wish he'd turn his life around and be a better person.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Just to refresh my memory - Xander is the son of a Victor brother that's NOT Deimos, correct?

Speaking of, did Ron cut this week's promo himself?  Because there is a LOT of shirtless Xander in it lol.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Just to refresh my memory - Xander is the son of a Victor brother that's NOT Deimos, correct?

Speaking of, did Ron cut this week's promo himself?  Because there is a LOT of shirtless Xander in it lol.

He's the son of a Victor brother who is neither Deimos nor Justin's father.

• Love 2

Abigail is not fine. Chad's love is not going to keep the alters at bay. She has a lot of work and therapy to do.

It is and it is not fine that she confronted Stefan about his and her alter's actions. All the alters are still around, hiding in their little brain mouse houses. Any conversation with him should have been under medical supervision. Oh wells.

The bionics company is now owned by DiMera? Well, maybe Dr. Rolf invented the eye.

Theresa, at some point, do tell Victor that Chloe is the new captive.

She does sort of know about Eve since Chloe mentioned it to her. Hope Xander gets a few good meals and a decent thank you - til he does something else. Lucky Brady to have two women in his life - and sisters.

Clang the anvils of doom. Another wedding - John and Marlena.

• Love 4
(edited)

I loved everything Gabi had to say today and how CB played it.

Ditto.

I like Xander a lot and really wish he'd turn his life around and be a better person.  

Ditto. Though I like the actor more than the character.

I fast forwarded the Abigail/Stefan scenes, but nice to hear they had her call it rape. 

Ditto.

Billy punching Stefan looked so real I actually flinched. Loved it.

Rafe/Galen needs to go. Now. Forever. He's become so slimey. Hope settling for his guilt-tripping ass makes me crazy.

Do not tell me Jarlena are seriously tying the knot in the town square where Tan was memorialized, Theo, Abe and JJ were shot and Van Damme held them at gunpoint. Break that piggy bank and build a new set, Ron. 

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Do not tell me Jarlena are seriously tying the knot in the town square where Tan was memorialized, Theo, Abe and JJ were shot and Van Damme held them at gunpoint. Break that piggy bank and build a new set, Ron. 

It is an indoor shopping mall. I know the show forgets a lot of details, but it is a shopping mall. So they are going to interrupt shopping to have a big ass wedding where something terrible is sure to happen.

• Love 3

Now that Theresa is back, I really don't want to see Eves  heart broken again.  I just really feel for her.

15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Billy punching Stefan looked so real I actually flinched. Loved it.

Who in the hell is Billy?  OMG - It's definitely not Lisa Rinna.

• Love 1
(edited)

On Fridays episode, for the first time, I was happy to see Jen Lilley as Theresa.  Her scenes in Mexico with Chloe and Mateo were very boring and flat ..... And then Zander showed up and now she's back in Salem.

Now she'll start to shine.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, boes said:

On Fridays episode, for the first time, I was happy Jen Lilley as Theresa.  Her scenes in Mexico with Chloe and Mateo were very boring and flat ..... And then Zander showed up and now she's back in Salem.

Now she'll start to shine.

I feel the same--maybe it was that Theresa was only interacting with Chloe, who is not the most emotive person, but JL seemed bogged down but now that Theresa is in scenes with other characters, I think Jen Lilley can let Theresa go back to her sassy self :)

• Love 2

Why is every other person in town calling Leo hot? Either they are talking about his actual body temperature or the definition of "hot" has drastically changed recently! 

On 5/18/2018 at 1:55 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I am stunned Abigail got to confront Stefan O. about raping her and use that word, give him that rad soap slap across his face, and then stick a pin in all his hot air deflections and excuses.  But, given the ZERO therapy she's received since learning about her D.I.D., was it really a good idea to go talk to the dude whose presence often lured one of the alters out?

Thank you!! 

Even more basic level, are they allowing this loony tune to drive herself all over town?

• Love 8

You just know Brady is going to pull out that smooch tomorrow all, "No, Theresa! It's too late for us!" and jerk out of her arms and kind of shove her away, and I'm going to laugh because EM was totally giving as good as he got during the actual lip lock. Of course, it only happened in the first place so Eve could witness it. 

Did I miss something or is Theresa just deliberately leaving Chloe to fend for herself by not telling anyone about her kidnapping? She's just not going to tell anyone so Mateo stays occupied with Chloe? That's cold. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Did I miss something or is Theresa just deliberately leaving Chloe to fend for herself by not telling anyone about her kidnapping? She's just not going to tell anyone so Mateo stays occupied with Chloe? That's cold. 

When Mateo agree to release her to Xander, he warned her that he would kill Brady and Tate if she told anyone about him having Chloe.

• Love 4

Is it too much to hope for Eve and Theresa to forge a sisterly bond over their love for Tate and each other and to just forget about Brady the jackwagon?

Unfortunately, yes.  These days wimmins are completely defined by the man that they're with or fighting another for.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

When Mateo agree to release her to Xander, he warned her that he would kill Brady and Tate if she told anyone about him having Chloe.

I definitely missed that. Thanks. 

Jeez, I think people will be on her side a little about skipping town until it comes out that she knew Mateo had Chloe and said nothing. 

I'm not down for Brady and Eve. I like the actress although she'll never be Eve to me. I can't stomach Brady most of the time, but, when he's paired with Theresa, I don't know, there's just something compelling in that for me. 

• Love 1

Theresa can surely call up her dad and let him know that Mateo now has Chloe. Or even tell Victor - well, not that he would care, but... Mateo is a bit disturbing.

Xander plans to stick around? Did enjoy the little fight scene with Eric.

Eve and Jennifer are friendly now?

Theresa, turn it down a bit with Brady - talk to him calmly.

Good to see that Lucas has taken possession of the Salem Brain and is seriously looking for Chloe. Maybe Theresa will eventually help him out.

Didn't much care for the Stefan/Chad/Abigail/Alters go-round. Chad and Abigail, get out of the mansion.

• Love 3
(edited)

Brady likes those clutches. He always prefers the "bad" girls...

Didn't they have a scene at the Pub back when Eve found out Brady was playing her in which Jennifer unexpectedly offered a shoulder? I guess that's why.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Can someone jog my memory:  I thought Brady&Theresa were officially Married, that they had a 'ceremony"...so wouldn't Brady have to get a Divorce to marry Eve?  At the moment, isn't he married to Theresa?  And also, I thought Tripp knew about Ciara's rape?  When he 1st came to town, didn't Theo or Claire let him know about it?  Or am I all confused? :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Can someone jog my memory:  I thought Brady&Theresa were officially Married, that they had a 'ceremony"...so wouldn't Brady have to get a Divorce to marry Eve?  At the moment, isn't he married to Theresa?  And also, I thought Tripp knew about Ciara's rape?  When he 1st came to town, didn't Theo or Claire let him know about it?  Or am I all confused? :)

I don't think Brady and Theresa are officially married.  As I recall they had a private "ceremony" where they exchanges some gloppy vows, but there was no officiate to declare them legally married.  Don't remember if anyone clued Tripp in about the rape.  Guess Kayla didn't think it was important when she was having the sex talk.

• Love 2

I get that this stupid mess was bequeathed to Ron by Dena, but when Mr. Sheffield's name came up today, I just had so many questions.  Was he not keeping an eye on Theresa at all, does he know she's not in Mexico/back in Salem?  Could he really not have given Eve some kind of heads-up to stay away from Brady?  It's so weird.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, sas616 said:

Don't remember if anyone clued Tripp in about the rape.  Guess Kayla didn't think it was important when she was having the sex talk.

I think she would have if she hadn't gotten the call from the hospital.  It seemed like they were heading that direction considering Julie's conversation with Ciara.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I think she would have if she hadn't gotten the call from the hospital.  It seemed like they were heading that direction considering Julie's conversation with Ciara.  

As much as Tripp should eventually find out, it should be from Ciara not Kayla. And as a survivor of rape herself, I believe Kayla would respect her niece's privacy and know it is her choice to tell Tripp if she chooses.

• Love 3

I'm the first one 

26 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"Grandma"? Not Aunt Julie?

I assume that's because Julie was sort of mom-like with Hope growing up, (although I think Alice was more her mother than anyone) and with her being married to Grampa Doug and that extreme age difference between Hope and Julie, she's Grandma rather than aunt because it made more sense to the kids.  

I'm the first one to jump on Julie for being a royal pain BUT today she was great, both with Ciara and with Doug.  Really well done.

As were the scenes between Eve and Theresa - and even the weakest link, Brady had some good moments.  I was happy that Eve dialed it back and showed sympathy to Theresa, even some compassion but nobody lied to her.  As always, I was immediately drawn in to Theresa's feelings by Jenn Lilley's excellent acting.

Lani can deliver her baby the old fashioned way, have a Cesarean or lay an egg for all I care.  

Maybe Abe can be her Lamaze partner if Eli is too much for her.  How much you wanna bet he wears his long coat buttoned up over his suit and tie while telling her to PUSH.

Push off, Lani, is more like it.

• Love 6

Teresa is such a pretty crier.  I felt bad for her today.  

Julis is great with Ciara.   Ciara and Tripp are not my favorite couple but I did find their dinner date very sweet.   

• Love 4

It's Ciara's choice to tell Tripp about being raped and being hesitant to get involved with a man. Grandma Julie was actually helpful to share her own experience. I was looking forward to a piece of apple pie.

Theresa, things aren't the same as when you left. Brady got involved with two women and I think he proposed to both. You may want to talk with him about that. Whether you like it or not, he is with your sister now. Granted, they both aren't healthy for each other, but she is a better option than Nicole. It is up to her and Brady to implode. Buy yourself some time, spend time getting to re-know your son, and find some good opportunities for yourself - get a good job and maybe someone better than the lunkhead will come in to your life. Brady may still come back to you. Keep your options open.

Don't really care about Lani, the baby, and Eli.

Good to see that Chloe will be getting a rescue squad.

• Love 8
On 5/21/2018 at 10:47 PM, Frozendiva said:

Xander plans to stick around? Did enjoy the little fight scene with Eric.

I hate seeing two of my favorite characters on the show fighting.  And seriously, are we supposed to believe that Eric can easily shove Zander around like that?  Only in the soap world.  I'd much rather see them engage in another type of activity.  However, I know that will never happen.  

On 5/21/2018 at 10:47 PM, Frozendiva said:

Talk about something you thought you'd never see.  Those 2 have went at it more than once.  

• Love 3

Anyone else forget that Eric hates Xander? Guy has so many ties to the canvas it's a shame he isn't a full-time character. And I love that he ships Ericole!

Theresa's return is plowing ahead a little too quickly for me. Could have used some more pauses in her big "this is why I really left" speech with Brady. He absorbed it/rolled with it too quickly. Loved how EM played "Victor knew?!?" though.

• Love 1

Anyone else forget that Eric hates Xander? Guy has so many ties to the canvas it's a shame he isn't a full-time character. And I love that he ships Ericole!

I still lament what could've been with the Eric-Nicole-Serena-Xander quad.  They were all decent, good-lucking actors that actually had chemistry.  Bonus points if MA/Serena had instead been Sarah Horton and PT/Xander actually had been Alexander Kiriakis.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Brady and Theresa were married early on in their relationship.  I think it was a drunken night, that they later had annulled right before she found out that she was pregnant with Tate.  Their later ceremony wasn't legal so when Theresa left, her and Brady were still together and technically still engaged.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Could someone please define "ship/ships"...obviously, not a moving vessel.

Relationship, where it comes from.  :-)  So, basically, a pairing/couple.

• Love 1

Theresa is such a bitch for not telling anyone about Chloe. She's had more than enough chances to say something. I really hope this comes back to bite her in the ass.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Relationship, where it comes from.  :-)  So, basically, a pairing/couple.

i thought is was a verb. like "worships". anyway, i got the intention. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, drtslim said:

I still lament what could've been with the Eric-Nicole-Serena-Xander quad.  They were all decent, good-lucking actors that actually had chemistry.  Bonus points if MA/Serena had instead been Sarah Horton and PT/Xander actually had been Alexander Kiriakis.

That is what should have happened...

• Love 2

Just hilarious that Theresa cries a little about why she left & that she didn't mean to hurt them & is very, very sorry about it & thinks that all should be forgiven & that Brady should jump back in her arms & that Eve should just step aside no questions asked.   Doesn't matter that Eve & Brady love each other - Theresa's back & she trumps everything.   And the fact that she hasn't even bothered to tell them that Chloe is now Mateo's prize & that she left her in his clutches (even as she's crying about how horrible he is) - I'm kind of looking forward to Chloe eventually giving her the smackdown (that is if she ever makes it back) - I am glad that she does at least have someone going down to try to find her.

Will & Paul are just so super cute (I know that Wilson will eventually win out but am going to enjoy Horita while I can)

Loved Jule/Ciara's talk - glad she shared her experience with Ciara.   Tripp & Ciara's date was cute too - I do agree that Ciara should the one to tell him about the rape (especially since he wasn't around when it happened) - I do also wonder if Tripp will find out about Kayla's rape in the course of this story?    I did enjoy his scenes with Kayla as well- both of them hesitant but still wanting to try & bond.

so nice to have an Abifail free day.

• Love 7

Throughout the Theresa/Brady/Eve scenes, I kept hoping against hope that someone would mention Nicole. I mean, Brady has been with two women since Theresa left. And I'm pretty sure he's on his third engagement in that time. Hell, he all but abandoned his own kid to chase after Nicole and her daughter. He's no prize, ladies. If both Theresa and Eve dumped him tomorrow, he'd be madly in love with someone else and have a ring on her finger by Independence Day.

Now ... can we please get Theresa out of the heinous jumpsuit?

• Love 11