Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Claire:  Shawn Douglas and Belle's daughter, therefore, Hope and Bo (who's now dead) and Marlena and John's granddaughter.  Brady is her uncle, due to his being a step-brother to Belle. And Victor her great-grandfather, as he is Bo's real father.  Ciara is her aunt.

Belle and Brady have the same biological father: John.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, buffynut said:

Welcome back to Days, Mecca.  I was newly back to the show in 2014, after not watching since around the early 90's.  So I know what it's like to see all these characters and only know a handful of them. 

Claire:  Shawn Douglas and Belle's daughter, therefore, Hope and Bo (who's now dead) and Marlena and John's granddaughter.  Brady is her uncle, due to his being a step-brother to Belle. And Victor her great-grandfather, as he is Bo's real father.  Ciara is her aunt.

Ciara:  Hope and Bo's daughter. So Victor's granddaughter.  Also, Shawn and Caroline Brady's granddaughter. Shawn is dead (see below).  Caroline is "in California" visiting Kimberley.

Tripp:  Steve's son, with a woman named Ava Vatali.  She caused Shawn Brady's plane crash death, back when I wasn't watching, but you may have been.

Paul:  John's ret-conned son, via a ret-conned affair with a Japanese woman, who's name I can't remember. She was in Salem for a while when Paul first arrived, but was written out of the show.

Eli:   Julie's ret-conned grandson, from the relationship between Julie's son David and Valerie Grant.  David died in a plane  car crash, off screen, just as Val and Eli showed up.  Eli never met his father, David.

5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Belle and Brady have the same biological father: John.

Thank you to you both for the days family tree information.  Boy, that is some muddy gene pools.  Yikes.  Not the biggest fan of soaps feeling the need to have every character instantly tied to a well established character by blood instead of, you know, just integrating them properly on to the canvas.  Yes, I'm talking about Stefan.  Pretty soon everyone will have to take a DNA test before they can go out on their first date.  Although, that never stopped, Guiding Light.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mecca said:

Thank you to you both for the days family tree information.  Boy, that is some muddy gene pools.  Yikes.  Not the biggest fan of soaps feeling the need to have every character instantly tied to a well established character by blood instead of, you know, just integrating them properly on to the canvas.  Yes, I'm talking about Stefan.  Pretty soon everyone will have to take a DNA test before they can go out on their first date.  Although, that never stopped, Guiding Light.

Just wanted to add that Eli's mom Valerie Grant was a character on the show in the 70's.  Her and David, Julie's son were the first inter-racial couple of daytime.  Julie was not the most supportive of David and Valerie's relationship back then.  Valerie also had a small relationship with Abe before she left Salem in the 80's. 

Just to add too that Brady is a double relative to Claire, since he is related to her through both of her parents.  He is her uncle because he is Belle's brother, but Brady is also Claire's cousin through Shawn D, or first cousin once removed to be exact. He is also first cousins to Ciara, since their parents are siblings, Bo and Isabella.

There is also a "Got Questions" thread on the Days forum.  Feel free to ask away there.  As much as these characters bug me, it is a lot of fun walking down memory lane, or catching people up.

• Love 7

I watched the show on Friday after quite some time and …

I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING THAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW.   

The absence of Nicole, Sami, E.J., Kristen and Stefano are very missed.   I had hopes that Vivian’s return would add some much needed fire.  It has barely been a spark.  This show needs some new life.  I am not feeling this Stefan O. Dimera storyline AT ALL.  The actor is very boring.  I’d rather see Xander any day over Stefan O.  At least he had charisma and smoking hot sex appeal. 

Abigail is boring too.  She is not leading leady material.  Eve is pretty good but she needs better material.  I’d love to see her develop into an anti-heroine.  I also like Jennifer and Eric individually but I hate them together.  There is so much wrong with the current landscape of this show now.   

C’mon days.  You can do better than this.     

• Love 4
2 hours ago, A.J. said:

There is so much wrong with the current landscape of this show now.       

I wonder with Days big Emmy wins tonight if TPTB are just going to double down now rather than make a move to change things up since they just received validation for every decision that was made in the past year.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I wonder with Days big Emmy wins tonight if TPTB are just going to double down now rather than make a move to change things up since they just received validation for every decision that was made in the past year.

The wins were mainly due to the writing during the later part of the year. DAYS submitted Ben crashing the double wedding, which subsequently won them all of the awards. IMO that was the strongest episode they had last year. I do think if the writing continues as it has been since the beginning of 2018; next year will be a different story. Ron tends to start off strong and then it all goes to hell. Hopefully, May will wrap up the DID storyline and force them to back burn some of the characters who have literally been eating the show. I also hope some new SL's start, especially for Will's to be kicked started since the beginning of his arc (Ben claiming he was alive!) is what got them the win. There's lots of beats to play with him with a lot of the character on the canvas. 

It's worth mentioning that all the actors/actresses that were nominated are being back burned right now, so maybe it will change in our favour. The only one who is excluded from that is MM who I seriously think has the cheapest guarantee in the bunch because it doesn't make sense otherwise.  

Edited by betweenthelines
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, betweenthelines said:

The wins were mainly due to the writing during the later part of the year. DAYS submitted Ben crashing the double wedding, which subsequently won them all of the awards. IMO that was the strongest episode they had last year. I do think if the writing continues as it has been since the beginning of 2018; next year will be a different story. Ron tends to start off strong and then it all goes to hell. Hopefully, May will wrap up the DID storyline and force them to back burn some of the characters who have literally been eating the show. I also hope some new SL's start, especially for Will's to be kicked started since the beginning of his arc (Ben blaming he was alive!) is what got them the win. There's lots of beats to play with him with a lot of the character on the canvas. 

It's worth mentioning that all the actors/actresses that were nominated are being back burned right now, so maybe it will change in our favour. The only one who is excluded from that is MM who I seriously think has the cheapest guarantee in the bunch because it doesn't make sense otherwise.  

Days right now is the most entertaining soap of the four.  I know, I find that hard to believe, but the other three are so bad.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

Days right now is the most entertaining soap of the four.  I know, I find that hard to believe, but the other three are so bad.

I can't speak for the other soaps, but I personally find the writing dreadful on DAYS at present. The DID SL is absolutely terrible and with the added rapemance twist they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner. The whole quad lacks chemistry and the baby storyline is not interesting, since it's pretty much given that the baby will die before being born, a child by two retcon children is not interesting; or substantial enough for anyone to care. We have forced romances and jailhouse beatings. Speaking of Gabi being beaten, there was a nice cliffhanger with zero pay off. She didn't appear the rest of the week. The show is terrible at using their momentum to build up the ratings and it's been like this since December. Same thing happened to Will and Paul, they were kidnapped and disappeared for a week. It makes no sense. Although the wins were nice for DAYS, I don't think it will save them from the ratings dropping. Their past Friday episode was the lowest it's ever been since Ron took over. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, betweenthelines said:

I can't speak for the other soaps, but I personally find the writing dreadful on DAYS at present. The DID SL is absolutely terrible and with the added rapemance twist they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner. The whole quad lacks chemistry and the baby storyline is not interesting, since it's pretty much given that the baby will die before being born, a child by two retcon children is not interesting; or substantial enough for anyone to care. We have forced romances and jailhouse beatings. Speaking of Gabi being beaten, there was a nice cliffhanger with zero pay off. She didn't appear the rest of the week. The show is terrible at using their momentum to build up the ratings and it's been like this since December. Same thing happened to Will and Paul, they were kidnapped and disappeared for a week. It makes no sense. Although the wins were nice for DAYS, I don't think it will save them from the ratings dropping. Their past Friday episode was the lowest it's ever been since Ron took over. 

I love your post, it is perfection. I agree with every word..

• Love 1
On 4/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, Mecca said:

Pretty soon everyone will have to take a DNA test before they can go out on their first date.  Although, that never stopped, Guiding Light.

Hey, now...don't diss Tammy and Jonathan!!! LOL. 

8 hours ago, A.J. said:

Abigail is boring too.  She is not leading leady material. 

Abigail has NEVER been leading lady material in her "adult" incarnations. But yes, especially this one: writing and acting.

6 hours ago, Mecca said:

IMO: They won this on the back of the resurrection of Will..and all the backlash that spread from it: Double wedding of two popular soap couples, interrupted wedding by psycho stalker/killer, revelation of Will's faked death, New Orleans/Susan, Sami having Ben recreate the death scene, Will/Marlena, Will/Sami, Will/LUCAS (and the redemption of Lucas post falling off the wagon), Will/Sonny/Paul. Then also: Casey Moss and the suicide story line as a result of the (not good) shooting of Theo and the aftermath of that (see Reynolds' win for actor).

I'm sure a ton of you will disagree but hey, that's what makes this place fun.

• Love 4

I guess it's a good thing NBC renewed the show long before the (almost) Emmy sweep. I think they were renewed for another year. Which in DAYS world would be 2 years. The 6 months ahead of schedule probably would mess a cancellation should it ever come.

• Love 2

I liked Viv', Kate and Marlena getting drunk off the asses and telling each other off and I love that we got some flashbacks to Marlena's possession storyline--I'd forgotten the over the top goodness :)

I like that JJ went with Rafe to check on Gabi's injuries in the prison hospital--her look of pained desperation was clearly killing JJ and it's about time he showed some worry over her.

I did like how everyone at the police station just look sickened as "Gabby" talked about being in love with Stefan.  What I don't understand is how no one has put it together that Abby killed Andre, yes a great trauma pushed Abby to have alters, and yes, Andre's death was upsetting but hardly "a great trauma."  Shouldn't someone figure out that killing someone is far more traumatic then finding a dead body?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 14

The 3 ladies cooped up in the small room & getting tipsy was soapy goodness...I was laughing.  They got off some one-liners & the flashback to Marlena's possession was wacky.  Marlena sitting there freshening up her lipstick & make-up was so funny.  These 3 gals together are good :)   I like Rafe when he is in Big Brother mode & I have always liked Gabby & JJ as a pair.  

• Love 16
6 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

IMO: They won this on the back of the resurrection of Will..and all the backlash that spread from it: Double wedding of two popular soap couples, interrupted wedding by psycho stalker/killer, revelation of Will's faked death, New Orleans/Susan, Sami having Ben recreate the death scene, Will/Marlena, Will/Sami, Will/LUCAS (and the redemption of Lucas post falling off the wagon), Will/Sonny/Paul. Then also: Casey Moss and the suicide story line as a result of the (not good) shooting of Theo and the aftermath of that (see Reynolds' win for actor).

I'm sure a ton of you will disagree but hey, that's what makes this place fun.

Everything you mentioned was entertaining.  What we have now, not so much.  

• Love 3

"Uncle Stevie Wonder".

These people all know that there are tunnels under the DiMera mansion, they haven't thought to look down there?

When did Paul have time to fall in love with Abigail?

Love Vivian going back to mentioning Marlena being possessed, and the flashback scenes. And Marlena reminiscing about her possession and laughing.

I can't hate anybody who drags Jennifer.

Vivian is a fabulous mother? One son is a blackmailer and the other one is a rapist.

Dr. Laura is pretty much the monster in this group.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Dr. Laura is pretty much the monster in this group.

All 3 personalities have violent inclinations.  Abby killed Andre.  Gabby whacked both Kate and Marlena over the head.  And Dr. Laura's trying to suffocate Vivian, Kate and Marlena, not to mention is the reason an innocent woman is in prison.  Since everything Dr. Laura does is to "protect" Abigail, I still wonder why she didn't even try to stop the rape.   

I'm sure MM had fun playing all 3 personalities, and I admit at times it's entertaining, but once this storyline ends, Abigail needs to go away for a while.  For one, Abigail, the character, needs to either pay for her crimes, or more likely, get mental help.  And two, if MM goes back to portraying her as dull and boring as before, we'll all fall asleep whenever Abigail is on screen.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

All 3 personalities have violent inclinations.  Abby killed Andre.  Gabby whacked both Kate and Marlena over the head.  And Dr. Laura's trying to suffocate Vivian, Kate and Marlena, not to mention is the reason an innocent woman is in prison.

I was floored by Dr. Laura's actions.  This goes against everything a gatekeeper is supposed to do.  Those kinds of alters are supposed to be nonviolent.  Just very pragmatic with no sense of right or wrong.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, A.J. said:

Stefan O.  At least he had charisma and smoking hot sex appeal. 

I first thought you were talking about stupid JJ, where is your stash?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Prin Holmes said:

I was floored by Dr. Laura's actions.  This goes against everything a gatekeeper is supposed to do.  Those kinds of alters are supposed to be nonviolent.  Just very pragmatic with no sense of right or wrong.

It kinda makes sense to me.  Dr. Laura sees these three women as threats to her work as Abigail's gatekeeper so they gots to go.  And it makes sense that she didn't try to physically kill them herself, but is trying to off them in a cold, clinic way like this.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Abigail really hasn't changed much since the whole Ben thing - still has a violent streak that had been suppressed by medication. The whole Gabby and Stefan story at the police station should have been baffling to the Salemites.  Is there any tech available with the DiMera tapes that would show 'Gabi's' nail polish colour on the night of the murder. She wore the bright blue polish for several days.

Jenn, maybe call up your mom to help her granddaughter.

I did enjoy the three grand dames of the show getting drunk. Very easy when you have had no food and your oxygen is running out. Nice job of taping the door, Abigail/Gabigail. No one will ever notice all that duct tape. All that was needed was a big neon sign. Compared to some of the other mothers on the show, Vivian's crimes fall slightly below.

JJ and Rafe make a nice team. Both Stefan and Abigail should pay some sort of price for the damage they did.

• Love 6

I liked today's show, all of it.  And that's been a long time coming.

Having the DID storyline moving along at a faster pace is VERY good - MM did some good work today.  Billy Flynn was masterful today IMO and Hope was effective in cop mode.  Even Jenn, (although seeing her wearing what looked like one of Alice's old bed jackets as a coat was a little disconcerting) did her crying mom routine just fine.

Now the ladies in the basement, THAT was the highlight of the show.  Revisiting Marlena's possession storyline was a real hoot.  Most writers have avoided that and I give Ron C. props (a first, for me) for confronting that history head on and making it fun.  

Even Rafe.......this hurts to say .......wasn't totally awful today.  

JJ was, as always, superb.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, A.J. said:

Everything you mentioned was entertaining.  What we have now, not so much.  

I despise all things DID which is 85+% of what is driving the show...everything except Lani/Eli/JJ and PillSon and Brady/Eve/Lucas/Chloe/Mexico are driven by this DID shit. I hate it.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

I despise all things DID which is 85+% of what is driving the show...everything except Lani/Eli/JJ and PillSon and Brady/Eve/Lucas/Chloe/Mexico are driven by this DID shit. I hate it.

I hate it too because DID is the wrong mental illness for Abigail.. Ron is just a lazy, unimaginative, writer.  Marlena, Kate and Vivian, being locked up, getting drunk, is a repeat of Dorian and Vicky being locked up, in the secret room, at Llanfair, on One Life to live. He did not even write that story. He likes to copy other talented writers previous work and pass it off, as his own.  He has no original ideas.  Ron is better than Dena, but, he is still bad..  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'll give you importing DID, but frenemies/enemies being locked up together is a trope of a genre and putting a spin on a trope doesn't make a writer lazy or unimaginative IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
(edited)

I hope for DAYS sake the DID storyline ends and we get Stefan/Abby/Chad back burned for a while. Allowing an extremely weak recast playing a legacy to carry this storyline was insanity. Not to mention we get Chad and Stefan, both retcons sucking up the same amount of screen time. Ron made a mistake after mistake with Stefan (no backstory, no explanation regarding his true motivations, not allowing him to integrate first and putting him in a front burner story shortly after he was introduced), and personally I cannot wait until his eventual murder in 2019. Not to mention this whole rapemance and obsession with literally the dullest character on the show, but I digress. My only hope for this show to last is for it to put another interesting storyline on the front burner, hopefully Will's. Since right now everything else is tanking and if it continues I can't see them lasting beyond another year, sadly. 

I do find it interesting that the two legacy characters who are in the same age group, who sort of grew up together and are related: Will and Abby were both "died or left" and ended up being alive; Will sans his memories and Abby appearing sane and then relapsing after the whole Ben ordeal. Ron should have Will/Abby/Ben running around wreaking havoc on everyones lives; now that I could watch. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'll give you importing DID, but frenemies/enemies being locked up together is a trope of a genre and putting a spin on a trope doesn't make a writer lazy or unimaginative IMO.

It is a cool trope but it literally went nowhere.  Ron seems to excel at this: using soapy tropes and never playing all the right beats. Will and Paul, Trip and Ciara are a few who received similar treatment. In this case, the ladies got drunk and talked about their past, all good campy fun, but nothing exciting enough to make me want to rewatch it.  Overall, Ron is extremely lazy and is in classic ReRon mode right now. Hopefully things change but he typically starts off strong (Will is alive! SL was his first major story) and subsequently helped them win at the Emmy's and gain viewers, since it was entertaining and allowed return visits from popular characters, such as Eileen and Alison. But after this the show lost it's momentum and went full speed ahead with this whole DID garbage. I'd be shocked if we don't hit an all time low next week after the rape! love scene airs. I think it's all downhill from here, unless something changes. It seems that Will's story is picking up so at least there will be something interesting since it will once again tie into some interesting events and some character returns. 

• Love 3

I loved Jenn's yelling at Stefan and MR was superb with Jenn's rage but I had to laugh at her one line "My daughter does not cheat on her husband"--actually she does, just ask Ben, EJ and Austin--though Austin was just an attempt.  I don't know why the Hortons and their enablers are acting as though Abby's cheating on Chad is beyond the realm of possibilities--yes we know Abby has DID but Abby cheated on Ben and helped EJ cheat on Sami when she was mentally sound--have they forgotten this?

I did love Trask's "I know you're a superhero," to John Black--that's right, Salem's has their own sixty year old action hero--WOO HOO!!

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, betweenthelines said:

It is a cool trope but it literally went nowhere.  Ron seems to excel at this: using soapy tropes and never playing all the right beats. Will and Paul, Trip and Ciara are a few who received similar treatment. In this case, the ladies got drunk and talked about their past, all good campy fun, but nothing exciting enough to make me want to rewatch it.  Overall, Ron is extremely lazy and is in classic ReRon mode right now. Hopefully things change but he typically starts off strong (Will is alive! SL was his first major story) and subsequently helped them win at the Emmy's and gain viewers, since it was entertaining and allowed return visits from popular characters, such as Eileen and Alison. But after this the show lost it's momentum and went full speed ahead with this whole DID garbage. I'd be shocked if we don't hit an all time low next week after the rape! love scene airs. I think it's all downhill from here, unless something changes. It seems that Will's story is picking up so at least there will be something interesting since it will once again tie into some interesting events and some character returns. 

I also wanted to add that there is nothing wrong with using tropes, as long as, the writing and the acting are on point and it goes somewhere meaningful. I stand by my assertions that Ron is a lazy, unimaginative, writer that writes a parody of a soap. He will never be in the same league, as Bill Bell, Irna Philips, Agnes Nixon, Sherry Anderson, Nancy Curlee and Douglas Marland. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I loved Jenn's yelling at Stefan and MR was superb with Jenn's rage but I had to laugh at her one line "My daughter does not cheat on her husband"--actually she does, just ask Ben, EJ and Austin--though Austin was just an attempt.

In fairness, Abigail wasn't married for any of those.  She's cheated when she's been unmarried.  But she hasn't cheated since she's been married.  Stefan doesn't count because it wasn't technically Abigail doing it.

• Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Prin Holmes said:

In fairness, Abigail wasn't married for any of those.  She's cheated when she's been unmarried.  But she hasn't cheated since she's been married.  Stefan doesn't count because it wasn't technically Abigail doing it.

Honestly, I think this is splitting hairs--Abby was in a committed relationship with Ben when she cheated on him and it's still devastating to the cheated on partner, with or without a marriage certificate.  And I know Abby didn't cheat on Chad because of the DID but the Hortons are beyond shocked that anyone would dare think that Abs would be unfaithful in a relationship when we've watched that occur in storylines featuring a morally ambiguous and mentally stable Abby. (EJ and Austin)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Honestly, I think this is splitting hairs--Abby was in a committed relationship with Ben when she cheated on him and it's still devastating to the cheated on partner, with or without a marriage certificate.  And I know Abby didn't cheat on Chad because of the DID but the Hortons are beyond shocked that anyone would dare think that Abs would be unfaithful in a relationship when we've watched occur in storylines featuring a morally ambiguous and mentally stable Abby.

I agree.  Nothing she's ever done has been worthy of censure from Horton and Co.  Even when she was parading around town slapping every second person she saw for their moral failings (while she was climbing Mt. EJ every chance she got) was just fine with the older generation of Hortons.  And man, did Will get slammed when he wrote an article that was less than complimentary of her.

The best thing, for me, is that at least Abigail is now being portrayed by MM and not Kate Mansi.  Trying to watch that garden gnome do anything, much less this storyline, would have made me pull out the few remaining hairs on my head I have.  Just imagine the level of screech.....

• Love 17

I recall Sheri Anderson employing the Marlena being held hostage trope when she headwrote briefly in the early 90s with her being trapped down in the pit.  The difference then was that there was months of build up to that event with her kidnapper Stella being the wife of one of Marlena's patients.. and her being defensive at first because of Marlena being a therapist then becoming jealous that her husband and son were responding to Marlena's efforts, then that jealousy turning to rage and finally kidnapping Marlena by throwing her in the pit.  Then John discovers it and he gets held hostage in the pit and then a guilt ridden Stella dies just as she is about ready to confess to what she'd done.  And here is the kicker... there was long lasting fall out from Marlena/John being held hostage such as the affair between John/Marlena, Sami witnessing one of their encounters and starting her descent to the dark side, Belle being conceived, Sami coming between Austin/Carrie, Will being conceived, etc.  

If there is long term fall out from Marlena, Vivian, and Kate being trapped in that basement room.. then ReRon isn't as bad as I suspect.. but most likely nothing will come of it other then him just figuring out how to use three veterans women for a few weeks just to say he uses veterans.

• Love 7

Abigail’s alters are all strong.   I never would describe Abby as strong.   

When this story ends what happens to her alters ?   Do the personalities go away and become a part of her ?   

In college a lady came to to a talk about herDID.   she said she was able to be more in control of the personalities.  She also said many still don’t believe DID is really.  Of course this was years ago    But it would be interesting if some doubted her illness.   

I love Steve and Kayla.  They light up the screen.   

• Love 4
(edited)

About time Jennifer is being mama bear today.  She's been so removed from her crazy daughter's orbit in this storyline.  Seeing her ripping at Stefan was giving Another World tease!!!  If you was a fan of Another World, You remember when Jake woke from his bullet brain and Marly ripped him apart for raping her. (Anne Heche won an Emmy for that one of the best acting moments of all of daytime).  Seeing Stefan look pathetic and trying to explain consent, like no bro, you screwed an alter not the actual woman. 

And MM ??? this girl is neck roller. I love the attitude of Gabby!  I don't care.  She makes Abigail so tolerable and she has a backbone. I'm living.  Ugh I hate I'm going to lose it whenever she gets her scruples back. 

I'm so happy RC threw shade Kate's ridiculous blue streak hair. I get why LK does it but I'm over it.  Let it go. 

I also like the race to find Marlena/Vivian/Kate. John and Hope are classic heros and heroines but Paul is seeing how it should be done.  Thats good soap.  Blend the young with the older. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 11

Ugh, Trask has to come in and mess with things.

Funny that Gabby has morals where Dr. Laura doesn't.

Marci Miller is doing a really good job with the split screen stuff.

Ah, there's the sanctimonious Jennifer we all know and loathe.

Kate finally gets the truth about Andre.  Strange way to present it, but it finally came out.

"I know exactly where to look." Then why didn't you look there before?

So Stefan doesn't care that the women die, huh?  Nice guy.

• Love 14

Good grief, Drake is a horrible actor. I have to chuckle when he is "serious" John mode. 

Tyler had gauze or something in his cheeks, right? He looked seriously puffy. 

I'm over the alters. I'm tired of everybody thinking Stephan brainwashed Abby. If GabbY and Stephan had any damn sense they would simply have had her do away with the wig and horrible Gabi Chic clothing after Gabi was arrested. They could've just had her impersonate Abby and tell Chad she's sorry but she's fallen for Stephan and is out of here. GabbY is just plain violent and stupid. 

I love Steve and Kayla, though I don't care much for this blind story. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I recall Sheri Anderson employing the Marlena being held hostage trope when she headwrote briefly in the early 90s with her being trapped down in the pit.  The difference then was that there was months of build up to that event with her kidnapper Stella being the wife of one of Marlena's patients.. and her being defensive at first because of Marlena being a therapist then becoming jealous that her husband and son were responding to Marlena's efforts, then that jealousy turning to rage and finally kidnapping Marlena by throwing her in the pit.  Then John discovers it and he gets held hostage in the pit and then a guilt ridden Stella dies just as she is about ready to confess to what she'd done.  And here is the kicker... there was long lasting fall out from Marlena/John being held hostage such as the affair between John/Marlena, Sami witnessing one of their encounters and starting her descent to the dark side, Belle being conceived, Sami coming between Austin/Carrie, Will being conceived, etc.  

If there is long term fall out from Marlena, Vivian, and Kate being trapped in that basement room.. then ReRon isn't as bad as I suspect.. but most likely nothing will come of it other then him just figuring out how to use three veterans women for a few weeks just to say he uses veterans.

That was one of my favorite storylines written by Sherry. It was a campy story that had gravitas and gave us insight on Marlena's psyche and set up storylines for years. 

• Love 2

Time for Gabby and Dr. Laura to move on to other pastures. Can't believe that 'Gabby' and 'Stefan' would be given any sort of immunity from any charges resulting from Marlena, Kate, and Vivian being locked in that room.

Trask, as a DA, your job is to be objective and get the facts. You probably will not be re-elected next election. The personal vendetta against Gabi Fernandez is utterly unprofessional. You only won the case based on poor circumstantial evidence.

Good timing for John, Paul, and Hope to rescue them.

Vivian may or may not be honest about Andre's plan. He's not around to verify it, so....

Jennifer, precious Abs would not cheat on her husband? Seriously? You know that your daughter has quite the appetite for men, especially DiMera ones.

Nice exchange between Steve and Kayla.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I love the attitude of Gabby!  I don't care.  She makes Abigail so tolerable and she has a backbone. I'm living.  Ugh I hate I'm going to lose it whenever she gets her scruples back. 

I love Gabby too...and I hope when the alters finally merge, Gabby is the dominant personality. Because no matter what, Gabby is way more interesting than boring Abagail.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, tribeca said:

Abigail’s alters are all strong.   I never would describe Abby as strong.   

That.

15 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

And MM ??? this girl is neck roller. I love the attitude of Gabby!  I don't care.  She makes Abigail so tolerable and she has a backbone. I'm living.  Ugh I hate I'm going to lose it whenever she gets her scruples back. 

Hmm...yeah... maybe.
I like that Gabby is strong but that isn't Gabi at all if that's what they're doing. Marci is choosing NJ Snooki over fiesty Camilla/Gabi. But I like her better than Abby. I like anyone better than Abby.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Funny that Gabby has morals where Dr. Laura doesn't.

I don't know if any of the alters have particularly strong morals. Doctor Laura is quite a piece of work -- she's really a ruthless pragmatist -- she's prepared to protect Abby no matter what. Gabby is self-centred and puts her own happiness first -- she only wants Stefan alive because that serves her own needs. I hope that whenever Abigail is integrated (I only presume that's where this story is going) she will be forced to face that the others are aspects of her own personality, her own being. But I doubt she will have to face any real consequence. After all, why start now?

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I don't know if any of the alters have particularly strong morals. Doctor Laura is quite a piece of work -- she's really a ruthless pragmatist -- she's prepared to protect Abby no matter what. Gabby is self-centred and puts her own happiness first -- she only wants Stefan alive because that serves her own needs. I hope that whenever Abigail is integrated (I only presume that's where this story is going) she will be forced to face that the others are aspects of her own personality, her own being. But I doubt she will have to face any real consequence. After all, why start now?

Now that she has DID, people will forever excuse her abhorrent behavior.  Sami was pilloried, for taking her to task, for sleeping with her husband and begging him to be his mistress.  I am not a big Sami fan, but, that pissed me off and forever tarnished Abigail in my eyes..

Abigail had so much potential to be a dynamite character back when she and Chelsea were best friends and used to interact with Nick and Max. That quad was so fascinating. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

I really liked Will and Gabi's conversations in today's episode, especially how clearly Will believes in Gabi's innocence and that he's so committed to being there for her and Ari.  He and Sonny are both being the best dads they can be for their daughter--nicely done, show.

Again, as entertaining as Dr. Laura and Gabby are, MM's confused yet ticked off Abigail makes me grin:  "No Stefan, it's Abigail, you so of a bitch."  Excellently delivered line :)

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

"No Stefan, it's Abigail, you son of a bitch."

That was a great moment, her getting to tell the man who manipulated her mental illness in order to sleep with her - and who was still, in that moment, manipulating her mental illness in trying to keep Gabigail in control - to fuck off.

And ugh, his whining that it was Dr. Laura who tried to kill Viv and company.  "My beautiful, loving Gabby with a Y could never."  Shut up, you tool.

• Love 12

I really enjoyed Monday and Tuesday's episode.

Dr. Laura is really a terrible gatekeeper.  Isn't a gatekeeper supposed to control the personality switches and who is at the helm? The gate might as well be locked with a stick of old chewing gum. 

JJ seems oddly removed and emotionless when telling the real Gabi about Abby with the bad wig, to the point I almost forgot he was Abigail's brother. 

I kept wishing Jennifer had stepped on Stefan's oxygen hose. I thought the scene was well played by both but part of the jaded me kept thinking that in the end I bet all three - Chad/Abby/Stefan - will all wind up living back in the DiMera mansion in the not so distant future. Ridiculous!! 

Tyler finally found a scene to play to his low energy acting range - weak, barely conscious and gasping for breath in a hospital bed.

Can't be said enough, the three soap divas in the tunnels are EVERYTHING! It kinda makes me realize how much they are wasting Louise Sorel in the Sonny and the world's oldest temp storyline. She should be butting heads and plotting vs. Kate. Their rivalry is delicious. 

I LOL'ed at John giving Trask his patented stink eye. 

• Love 15