Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I loved yesterday's episode, but any excuse to have Jack Deveraux back on my screen I will take. I know it would be ridiculous to try and bring him back again, but I would still be okay with it. Casey Moss has been fabulous throughout this entire storyline.

• Love 7

So in Ciara's flashback, they only shown Rafe as he talked about how it would break Hope's heart if she found out that he slept with someone else. Did she not see that Rafe was talking to Sami or was it that Days didn't show Sami so they wouldn't have to pay AS for the appearance fee.

So who makes these Horton ornaments? I remember back in the day, it was Alice. And really, Eli gets the special tongue bath for getting a new ornament? I don't mind the guy, but I shared Eli's disbelief. I mean back from the dead Will was standing right there. Sure it was an old ornament, but it would be totally new for Will and unlike Eli, everyone in that room loves Will.

• Love 5

Man but CM and CB brought it today!  Good for Gabi for reaching out to JJ and refusing to let him think that taking his own life was his only option. I liked that she was able to tell him about her own lowest point, when she was sitting in her prison cell writing her own letters and I loved JJ's panic when she started reading the letters he wrote and then his reaction to Ari's gift?  CM's crying was beautifully realistic and heartfelt--well done, both of you.

I also liked Ari's telling Will that she would give him her presents--she's such a sweet little girl--and Will's awkward nervousness was perfectly played at the Horton party.  He knows they're his family but he doesn't know them.  And I thought Sonny was wonderfully supportive and not over-bearing.

There is nothing badass about Ciara--purposefully breaking Claire's ornament and then being outraged that Claire broke her's in return speaks to a not very bright bully.

Here is a link to the all of the Christmas ornaments through the years:   http://www.jason47.com/days/dayschristmas.html

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, nilyank said:

So in Ciara's flashback, they only shown Rafe as he talked about how it would break Hope's heart if she found out that he slept with someone else. Did she not see that Rafe was talking to Sami or was it that Days didn't show Sami so they wouldn't have to pay AS for the appearance fee.

So who makes these Horton ornaments? I remember back in the day, it was Alice. And really, Eli gets the special tongue bath for getting a new ornament? I don't mind the guy, but I shared Eli's disbelief. I mean back from the dead Will was standing right there. Sure it was an old ornament, but it would be totally new for Will and unlike Eli, everyone in that room loves Will.

The show is giving out ornaments like it is candy.  Eli should have an ornament, but, Rafe, Victor, Daniel and Melanie should not have one. 

I loved Ciara shading Rafe, by putting Bo's ornament next to Hope's. Rafe, you are not fit to clean Bo's shoes, much less walk in them.  

Chabby is boring and contribute nothing. I would have preferred to have seen Shelle and that Doug/Ari scene that was cut..

That Ciara/Claire scene reminded me of the Blair/Bitchy bangs catfight, at Dorian's, during Christmas, on One Life to Live.. I still miss that show..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

I did not watch this storyline..but i don't know..from what i heard, JJ the white guy (and yeah they somewhat played the race/color of skin card) is the one who get all the rooting writing..although he is the culprit..And the black guy Theo, who objectively is the victim, was just dumb and got what he deserved..Ah depression/suicidal behaviour is something i know very well and obviously something i empathize a lot about..but using it in order to make the audience feel sorry/root for the culprit..seem a bit in bad taste for me..That being said i did not see the scenes..but the narrative seem to be in bad taste..

Edited by pau
21 minutes ago, pau said:

I did not watch this storyline..but i don't know..from what i heard, JJ the white guy (and yeah they somewhat played the race/color of skin card) is the one who get all the rooting writing..although he is the culprit..And the black guy Theo, who objectively is the victim, was just dumb and got what he deserved..Ah depression/suicidal behaviour is something i know very well and obviously something i empathize a lot about..but using it in order to make the audience feel sorry/root for the culprit..seem a bit in bad taste for me..That being said i did not see the scenes..but the narrative seem to be in bad taste..

JJ is not a culprit.  He did his job.

I don't have a problem with Sonny wanting his husband back and yes, he handled the breakup with Paul really maturely and sensitively. 

Flatly telling your fiance, "We're done" is not mature and sensitive.

• Love 4

I still would have made Abe save JJ if I was writing the show, as every day I dislike Abe a little bit more. And I really don't like hating the shooting victim's father, but Abe's bitterness towards anyone Horton reaches new levels every episode.  At least he didn't rage out at 90-something year old Doug. Maybe he'll soften a bit after Jennifer speaks her mind.

Having Gabi save JJ worked well.  CM and CB did probably some of the best acting of their careers.  Well acted, and well written.  And then to add Lani to the mix, made for soapy goodness.  I do hope they don't think JJ is all better now, and that they make a point of having him get counseling.

The Horton ornament hanging party was well attended.  Nice to see Shawn and Belle are still around.  Didn't care for the smashing of ornaments though. Have them throw punch in the other person's face or something, but don't hurt the ornaments, Ron.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show is giving out ornaments like it is candy.  Eli should have an ornament, but, Rafe, Victor, Daniel and Melanie should not have one. 

I loved Ciara shading Rafe, by putting Bo's ornament next to Hope's. Rafe, you are not fit to clean Bo's shoes, much less walk in them.  

Chabby is boring and contribute nothing. I would have preferred to have seen Shelle and that Doug/Ari scene that was cut..

That Ciara/Claire scene reminded me of the Blair/Bitchy bangs catfight, at Dorian's, during Christmas, on One Life to Live.. I still miss that show..

Why are they always cutting scenes?They cut Marlena and John earlier this week and last week they cut belle and Shawn with Clairre.

I really liked the gabi and JJ scenes I just hope JJs depression isn’t forgotten like Abby’s mental illness was.

Aria is adorable.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 3

I have to laugh that Claire never calls Hope "Grandma" or even calls her anything at all.

That was a real bitch move, Ciara, breaking Claire's ornament like that.

I wonder why Valerie wasn't at the ball hanging.

The Gabi/JJ scenes were shattering.  They both brought it.

Ciara bitches and moans about Claire and Theo, but why isn't she by his side?

Not much time passed between Will moving into the mansion and asking Sonny to stay the night.

Gabi, didn't you just read a letter from JJ to Lani pledging his love to her?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Maggie is a Horton by marriage, and no one is going to disown her.  Therefore, her family gets ornaments too.  Sorry that I disagree; I don't see why Victor, Daniel, and Melanie shouldn't have one.  As for Rafe, he's (supposedly) about to marry the Horton darling, so why wouldn't he also get one?  When that marriage never actually happens, they can take his away.  

11 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I have to laugh that Claire never calls Hope "Grandma" or even calls her anything at all.

I think she calls her "Gran."

• Love 1

Dammit, show! Stop torturing me with these JJ/Gabi moments. When it comes to Days, even though I'm a grown woman, I'll always be a hopeless 12 year old shipper in my heart. I mean, these scenes were about trying to get a hopeless soul through the night when he was about to give up, and there I was like, "SQUEEE, I hope they might be considering putting this couple back  on the table!" I was almost a little ashamed of myself, but then show let me off the hook by having Lani walk in to completely misinterpret the whole situation. Soapy! Shenanigans will ensue, and I got to go back to not having to pretend that I should be lending this stuff more weight. 

I find myself bored with Brady and Eve, so whenever they're featured, I tune out. So, today was good for me. 

• Love 9

I found the JJ/Gabi scenes a little too, I don't know, shallow or something, but I loved them anyway. I am already like super into them lol. They dated before, right? Or am I misremembering that?

How old are Claire and Ciara supposed to be? I assumed they were college aged, but they act like and are treated like they are high-schoolers. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

I saw this today for the first time in months when I stopped watching because of Abby and Chad.  Today reminded me they suck, but I thought Casey Moss acted the HELL out of his story today.  Sorry I missed Jack.....I always loved Matthew Ashford and Jack/Jen.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I found the JJ/Gabi scenes a little too, I don't know, shallow or something, but I loved them anyway. I am already like super into them lol. They dated before, right? Or am I misremembering that?

They had a sweet, little love story for about a minute, then, BAM, they had JJ cheat so they could move forward with Chad/Gabi. I was pretty pissed at that, but, that's the way it goes. 

I also noticed they kind of made it clear that Gabi was there as a very concerned friend and ONLY that. 

• Love 5

I loved today's episode. I'm probably a sucker, but I do love JJ and Gabi and hope the show puts them back together. Their wonderful scenes, interspersed with the Horton ornaments was great soap. Lani misreading the moment at the end and maybe pushing her into an irritated Eli's arms could make for a great love square if the writers want to invest in it.

I agree with posters above that they need to soften Abe's anger, hopefully his conversation with Jennifer helps, I don't want to dislike the shooting victims father. As has been pointed out he was a cop forever, and in a similar situation himself, he should be devastated, and angry, but there should be some begrudging understanding of JJ's situation in there as well.

• Love 9

I'm hoping this is the start of a slow build toward JJ/Gabi becoming a couple... friends.. similar situations.. that could grow into love down the line.  Of course, that's an old fashion soap opera.. but the last few episodes with JJ has reminded me of how soaps used to be written.   Eli/Lani/JJ/Gabi could be an interesting quadangle if explored with all the beats hit in 2018.

I have a soft spot for Jennifer.. that chip on her shoulder teen that ended up with a chip on his shoulder son.

• Love 7

I've been a fan of Casey Moss/JJ since he arrived on the show, and this storyline is proving to me how much he brings to the table. Casey is doing an amazing job. I fell in love with the JJ character when he yelled "Hello?!? Skank???" into the phone while talking to Theresa way back when. I'm really looking forward to seeing where JJ goes from here...and how, and with whom, lol.

Not a fan of this rivalry brewing between Claire and Ciara. Probably mainly because I'm not buying "badass" Ciara. Get a grip, girl.

I really enjoyed the refurbished Kiriakis mansion set. I love the brighter, more contemporary decor as opposed to the stuffy cognac lounge they've been living in the past 20 years. But that was one helluva quick reno! I need to hire whatever contractor Eve used to do my place!

• Love 11

Too bad Gabi didn't call Marlena - or someone at the hospital. The Salem PD should also have sent JJ for a psych evaluation. She was his friend and it showed today. Lani, of course, will misinterpret until Gabi or JJ tells her the truth. Christmas is a tough time of year for a lot of people and there isn't enough help or friends to go around.

Ciara and Claire were pretty childish. Hopefully there are some snacks for the hanging of the ornaments.

Jennifer and Abe, you don't really owe each other anything.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Maggie is a Horton by marriage, and no one is going to disown her.  Therefore, her family gets ornaments too.  Sorry that I disagree; I don't see why Victor, Daniel, and Melanie shouldn't have one.  As for Rafe, he's (supposedly) about to marry the Horton darling, so why wouldn't he also get one?  When that marriage never actually happens, they can take his away.  

True, they are connected through Maggie, but, I have a lot of contempt for those characters. It just irritated me that their ornaments were shown prominently. I would have preferred to have seen Melissa, Sandy, Addie, Mike, Bill, Sarah, Janice, Marie, e.t.c.  

• Love 6
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Man but CM and CB brought it today!  Good for Gabi for reaching out to JJ and refusing to let him think that taking his own life was his only option. I liked that she was able to tell him about her own lowest point, when she was sitting in her prison cell writing her own letters and I loved JJ's panic when she started reading the letters he wrote and then his reaction to Ari's gift?  CM's crying was beautifully realistic and heartfelt--well done, both of you.

I also liked Ari's telling Will that she would give him her presents--she's such a sweet little girl--and Will's awkward nervousness was perfectly played at the Horton party.  He knows they're his family but he doesn't know them.  And I thought Sonny was wonderfully supportive and not over-bearing.

There is nothing badass about Ciara--purposefully breaking Claire's ornament and then being outraged that Claire broke her's in return speaks to a not very bright bully.

Here is a link to the all of the Christmas ornaments through the years:   http://www.jason47.com/days/dayschristmas.html

This was very interesting!  So where are Mike Horton and Jeremy Horton now?

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, annabel said:

I have always thought most of the ornaments are kind of garish and awful, but I like the tradition and am glad they have kept it up all these years

I agree, the tradition is sweet, the ornaments.....ugly as Doug's edible underwear.  Nobody, in all these years, couldn't invest in an upgrade??

But butt ugly ornaments or not they do remind us of characters we'd rather see, like Mike or Jeremy Horton.

• Love 8

I think they did a good job with JJ seriously contemplating suicide.  Like others, I was hyper critical of the letter writing and the stack of letters etc.  But aside from that, it was well done.  Gabi's arrival and intervention was also well done. 

I thought that JJ would go to the square and Eli or Abe would have saved him. 

But I actually like Gabi saving him, because of their connection.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I think she calls her "Gran."

At face value it makes sense but considering Daniel's relationship with Jennifer in relation to Jack and his contemptuous relationship with Lucas it is a little much to have to see his ornament on the family tree every Christmas.  As much as I love Gabi she also should never have an ornament on the family tree.  Her place as Arianna's mother is really nice but considering how everything ended with Nick, out of sheer respect for his human life she shouldn't get an ornament.  Now if down the line, she and JJ end up married then yeah fine but being Arianna's mother shouldn't be enough in the wake of Nick's murder.

I also am not a huge fan of fiancée's getting ornaments.  It sounds nice but considering how much these characters get married, just being a fiancée seems incredibly fickle. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, nilyank said:

eli was a dick for saying what he did about jj to abe. if some of his newfound relatives knew that, he probably would be on the shit, i mean, naughty list. :(     i now do not like him. i hope gabby stays with jj. 

as for the ornaments. some of those should be pretty old and they don't look it. they all look new and cheap. are they using the same ornaments for the oldsters that they have since the beginning?  

3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

At face value it makes sense but considering Daniel's relationship with Jennifer in relation to Jack and his contemptuous relationship with Lucas it is a little much to have to see his ornament on the family tree every Christmas.  As much as I love Gabi she also should never have an ornament on the family tree.  Her place as Arianna's mother is really nice but considering how everything ended with Nick, out of sheer respect for his human life she shouldn't get an ornament.  Now if down the line, she and JJ end up married then yeah fine but being Arianna's mother shouldn't be enough in the wake of Nick's murder.

I also am not a huge fan of fiancée's getting ornaments.  It sounds nice but considering how much these characters get married, just being a fiancée seems incredibly fickle. 

have they always done this? i can't help but think, every time they hang the ornaments., how many must have been thrown out or stomped on. i don't remember, years ago, every one getting ornaments like they do now. it just seemed so much more actual family oriented. or i am misremembering which is possible. boy, would i like to see someone run this soap from when it first started! of course, i don't think i'd live long enough to watch them all!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, pau said:

maybe you should actually watch it, don't believe everything you hear.

i also know about depression and it's about damn time it is addressed. as a matter of fact, this is going to be rectified soon and never spoken of again, soap magic because jj is having a bout of depression/regret/guilt... i would love to see a character somewhere, tv gods, who has been dealing with depression all their life and just how hard it is to be and act normal and how others do not understand or even see it. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

as for the ornaments. some of those should be pretty old and they don't look it. they all look new and cheap. are they using the same ornaments for the oldsters that they have since the beginning?  

have they always done this? i can't help but think, every time they hang the ornaments., how many must have been thrown out or stomped on. i don't remember, years ago, every one getting ornaments like they do now. it just seemed so much more actual family oriented. or i am misremembering which is possible. boy, would i like to see someone run this soap from when it first started! of course, i don't think i'd live long enough to watch them all!

Not sure how many of them are the originals, but 4 of the originals are now in the Smithsonian.  I also remember reading once that the actors are terrified every year that they might drop one of the ornaments, so I think they, if not now, were at one time still using the originals.

et20159349web.jpg

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smithsonian-institution/sands-hourglass-days-of-our-lifes-50-anniversary-180957213/

• Love 9
7 hours ago, bannana said:

I think they did a good job with JJ seriously contemplating suicide.  Like others, I was hyper critical of the letter writing and the stack of letters etc.  But aside from that, it was well done.  Gabi's arrival and intervention was also well done. 

I thought that JJ would go to the square and Eli or Abe would have saved him. 

But I actually like Gabi saving him, because of their connection.

I loved that it was Gabi who saved JJ. I'm Team #JJabi. They did a great job all around. I hate that Lani and Eli will probably misinterpret but whatever. If it gets me JJabi then I'm good.

Rafe shouldn't get an ornament until they're married. Sonny didn't. Taniel gets one b/c he's Maggie spawn...and therefore Melanie. Same with Victor...he's married to Maggie. I know Maggie is a Horton by marriage but I don't have a problem with that. Hell, we have Kiriakis and Dimeras with one b/c of marriage. 

Did Sami ever have one? She was married to Lucas. 

19 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I loved that it was Gabi who saved JJ. I'm Team #JJabi. They did a great job all around. I hate that Lani and Eli will probably misinterpret but whatever. If it gets me JJabi then I'm good.

Rafe shouldn't get an ornament until they're married. Sonny didn't. Taniel gets one b/c he's Maggie spawn...and therefore Melanie. Same with Victor...he's married to Maggie. I know Maggie is a Horton by marriage but I don't have a problem with that. Hell, we have Kiriakis and Dimeras with one b/c of marriage. 

I also love JJ and Gabi and I hope this is the step towards them getting back together.  Even though nothing untoward is going on,  I kind of like the idea of Lani getting a little taste of her own medicine--even though JJ and Gabi aren't sleeping together, Lani gets to feel betrayed because she thinks something is going on--sucks to get cheated on, doesn't it?

And yes, Sami does have an ornament, it's right in between Lucas and Will's--this is a link to all of the Horton ornaments:  http://www.jason47.com/days/dayschristmas.html  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Sami, Chloe and Carrie had one as well. Johnny had one because Lumi were going to raise him together.  I think that if you are no longer a Horton by marriage, it is discreetly removed or it is not shown as the others..

I don't think that Gabi should have an ornament on the tree. Out of respect, for, Nick's parents, who are on the tree, as Hortons.  I know that Gabi is beloved on this board, but, that is my unpopular opinion. 

I wish that the show would let Sheri have more influence. Stories are not flowing and certain beats are not being played. Ron likes to rush things and the pacing is awful.  Where is Jarlena in this abysmal story of Theo's shooting. They would be supporting Abe. The Carvers were never that close to the Hortons. They were close to the Bradys.  Abe's  late brother Theo was super close to Bo. The name Theo is part of Bo's late son Zack's name, in honor of him.   I miss Jarlena's friendship with Abe.  John should be by Abe's side comforting him or reminding him of what he did to Brady all those years ago. Jarlena should be the one talking some sense into Abe.  I know that Abe is hated on here. I cannot hate a grieving father who is scared of losing his son. His last link to his beloved wife, Lexie.  Hope was a raging bitch when Zack died.  She treated Bo like he was dirt under her shoes.  She felt that Bo picked Billie's daughter over her son Zack.  She was unreasonable and hateful towards Chelsea and Bo.  She even assaulted Chelsea at Zack's funeral.   Everybody understood because she was out of her mind with grief. She even forgave Chelsea and she got an ornament on the Horton tree. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I don't know what is the politics in the Horton's family to determine who gets an ornament and who makes one. I always thought it was how much they liked the newcomer and wanted to welcome them into the family.

However looking at the pictures from the link how the hell did NICOLE get one. With all the many, many, many men that she slept with, none of them were a Horton. And if you tell me that her stupid relationship with Daniel (who shouldn't have one himself), I will scream and imagine that Dena is responsible for that bit of nonsense.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I don't think that Gabi should have an ornament on the tree. Out of respect, for, Nick's parents, who are on the tree, as Hortons.  I know that Gabi is beloved on this board, but, that is my unpopular opinion. 

And out of respect for Will (who is just as much a Horton as Nick) and Sonny and how Nick terrorized and tormented them and how he terrified Gabi, Nick should never be mentioned as though he were a victim ever again--how Julie can just pretend that Nick was some kind of misunderstood saint is beyond me--and I think being Ari's mother is enough of a reason for Gabi to have an ornament.  Sonny got his because of Ari too--I don't think he and Will were married yet when he got his.

Nicole's having an ornament will never be as shocking as Victor's having one--at least to me :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't know what is the politics in the Horton's family to determine who gets an ornament and who makes one. I always thought it was how much they liked the newcomer and wanted to welcome them into the family.

However looking at the pictures from the link how the hell did NICOLE get one. With all the many, many, many men that she slept with, none of them were a Horton. And if you tell me that her stupid relationship with Daniel (who shouldn't have one himself), I will scream and imagine that Dena is responsible for that bit of nonsense.

Nicole was married to Lucas for awhile, maybe about 3 years?  So yeah... one was a Horton.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

And out of respect for Will (who is just as much a Horton as Nick) and Sonny and how Nick terrorized and tormented them and how he terrified Gabi, Nick should never be mentioned as though he were a victim ever again--how Julie can just pretend that Nick is some kind of misunderstood saint is beyond me--and I think being Ari's mother is enough of a reason for Gabi to have an ornament.  Sonny got his because of Ari too--I don't think he and Will were married yet when he got his.

Nicole's having an ornament will never be as shocking as Victor's having one--at least to me :):)

Sonny got his after he married Will. Guy Wilson was playing Will. Nobody said that Nick was a saint. However, he did have parents who loved him and I don't think it would be respectful to them, to see their son's killer on their family tree. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, msrachelj said:

maybe you should actually watch it, don't believe everything you hear.

i also know about depression and it's about damn time it is addressed. as a matter of fact, this is going to be rectified soon and never spoken of again, soap magic because jj is having a bout of depression/regret/guilt... i would love to see a character somewhere, tv gods, who has been dealing with depression all their life and just how hard it is to be and act normal and how others do not understand or even see it. 

Lovely post, thanks for it, MSRACHELJ.  JJ's depression storyline has been done remarkably well but I expect it to magically disappear, too.  

I've been happily surprised by just how well it's been portrayed and I have a new level of respect for Camilla Banus' talent after her scenes with Casy Moss.  They've both been terrific.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Nicole was married to Lucas for awhile, maybe about 3 years?  So yeah... one was a Horton.

God I forgot about that. Mainly because he was still going by Roberts back then. Plus the fact that Kate had to bribe Nicole to marry him. So it seems all of Luxas’ ex-wives got one but it took years for Sami after she had Will and was going to marry Lucas.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I searched "Nicole" on the Jason47 page, and learned Lucas and Nicole were married in 1999.  And after they divorced, Nicole's ornament was "retired".

I love that there are ornaments that have gotten retired :)

3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sonny got his after he married Will. Guy Wilson was playing Will. Nobody said that Nick was a saint. However, he did have parents who loved him and I don't think it would be respectful to them, to see their son's killer on their family tree. 

Julie believes that--Nick is "dear, sweet Nick" and while she seems to have dialed it back recently, Julie did not hesitate in saying something nasty to Gabi--one of his victims-- every time she saw her and to me, that's just as appalling.  I think it would be different if Nick's parents were still on the show and able to show their pain because right now, we have three of Nick's victims actively living in Salem, all three are genuinely nice, hardworking people and it's difficult to show Nick in any sort of a sympathetic light.  At least to me :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

God I forgot about that. Mainly because he was still going by Roberts back then. Plus the fact that Kate had to bribe Nicole to marry him. So it seems all of Luxas’ ex-wives got one but it took years for Sami after she had Will and was going to marry Lucas.

(I had to use Wikipedia, because I couldn't remember for sure. :-)  )

• Love 2

I liked seeing the flashbacks of Sonny and Will's romance--for one thing, the flashbacks actually happened and they just highlighted how adorable Will and Sonny were together and how much chemistry CM and FS still have.

Gabi and JJ scenes were wonderful--there was a calmness to their interactions and I liked Gabi's encouraging JJ to get therapy.  I also liked Jennifer's reaching out to Abe and really getting him to listen--I have hope he'll be able to forgive JJ like he was once forgiven.

Lani and Eli on the other hand were stomach turning in their stupidity and in Lani's case, horrible acting--I especially loved her blandly outraged "I can't believe JJ and Gabi went behind our backs."  Not only is she unable to muster up the ability to show any irony in that she once helped JJ cheat on Gabi, her complete non-reaction to Eli's declaration of feelings was jarring.  These two clueless idiots deserve each other.

• Love 9

Turnabout is fair play, Lani, even though JJ and Gabi didn't really get it on, now ya know how Gabi felt. I did feel sorry for her, though. Eli, not so much. I don't know what it is, but there is just no "there" there for me with him. The man is gorgeous, but I don't get any chemistry between him and the ladies. 

I don't like that I sensed some real chemistry in the Brady/Eve smooch. 'Cause I await the day that he finds out that Theresa left only to protect him and Tate. Now, if and when she ever comes back, she'll have to deal with the fact that he may very well have gone on to have a twisted romance with her sister. 

Sonny was so much cuter in those flashbacks. 

• Love 3