Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Theresa was all over the place today.  I love her giving advice to and befriending Paige, I think she means well but repeatedly telling her that JJ wants only one thing seems out of character.  ...... .

I agree with Theresa that Paige is the one who takes care of Eve and then I was sort of stunned when Theresa marched right over to tell Eve about  making out in the van.  I hope those two have sex and get it over with just to piss people off because they're adults now so why the hell not imho. 

We could have gotten whiplash from Theresa's behavior today and I wasn't happy about it.  I thought she was showing Paige some real concern - although she was giving her advice based only on HER reality, not necessarily the one with JJ as much as what relationships preceded her time in Salem especially.  That old "they only want one thing" never sells well, especially when it's being told to someone in love, and we've seen absolutely nothing from JJ to support that conclusion.  As usual, Paige is the smartest member of that family.

I really do like Theresa, and I think the actor is terrific, but TIIC do this 'one step forward, two steps back' with the character all the time.  Theresa running her mouth to Eve about JJ and Paige in the moving van was just that.  It seemed that as soon as Paige pushed back against Theresa and her advice, Theresa's default was to break her word to stay silent and kick Paige to the curb.  I'm ready for a "Theresa Redemption Storyline", and I'm ready for it to start NOW.

The scenes with JJ and Eve were nicer than I expected but I feel really protective of JJ and that's a line that can't be crossed with me, sexually or otherwise. It made my head spin how we hear nothing but badmouthing to Paige and Theresa and the next thing you know she's bonding with JJ? She's setting him up.   ... .  I have to say I thought her singing was pretty.  I just don't want to see any night club crap in the future.

And we get MORE whiplash.  Yep, the scenes with Eve and JJ were a lot sweeter - and even seemed sincere, at least in the moment - than I expected.  What Eve said to JJ about how much music meant to her felt honest and in the moment she related to him through the music without any of that skeevy "jump his bones" crap.  I don't think she was setting him up when they were at the house.

But then when she got back to the apartment and Theresa spilled the beans, all that got forgotten ASAP, and JJ became a distraction for her to get rid of.  

I DO think Eve is going to set him up in some way or another with that college-age party that's coming up.  I don't think she's going to sleep with him, but I do think she's going to set up some situation where JJ seems either threatening or uncaring and Paige will see it.  

In her interview, KdP said that the character of Eve as described to her is a damaged woman who is her own worst enemy, someone who loves her daughter but doesn't always see her clearly because Eve's "redemption" is to come through her daughter having a successful life.

What I've liked best about JJ and Paige is that both characters have qualities that aren't often given to the young ones anymore.  JJ isn't as mature as Paige, but he's basically a good-natured guy with good intentions.  Paige is smart and can see through manipulations pretty easily.  But I think what's coming is going to be more than they can handle.

Yep, hearing them sing Shenandoah was fine, both are decent singers, but like you say, NO NIGHTCLUB nonsense.  

Now how about they use THAT song as Eve's theme instead of the moan?

And maybe we should start a thread suggesting musical themes for all the characters?  

For Maggie, I suggest an updated version of 

"The Old Gray (but dyed red and really, COME ON!) Mare Ain't What She Used to Be", 

And for JJ, it has to be "Afternoon Delight".

Stray observations:

Is it wrong I want to lick Aiden's dimple?  TMI?  I didn't quite catch the reason he thinks he was a bad husband.

I wasn't listening but did Ben really tell Abs to basically shut up about EJ because she ruined the entire picnic? Still, they were pretty happy to start making out with each other's tuna mouth.

Nope, not TMI!  Daniel Cosgrove is a goodlooking man.  Now if you said that about Dirty Dan I'd be staging an intervention.

Ollie told Abigail to shut up not about EJ, but because she started telling him to consider reconciling with his father.  Woman just can NOT stop telling other people what to do, particularly in situations she knows nothing about.

I thought exactly what you did about the tuna breath.  There are lots of foods - anything Italian, including stuff with garlic - that wouldn't put me off, but TUNA sure as hell would.  

I think it's been a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllly dry spell for Ollie.  Poor Ollie better not find out that as soon as Abigail closes her eyes it's EJ she sees.  YUP, Abigail was SUCH a victim of his, right??  

Abigail and Ben look like sloppy kissers.

Honest to God!  Ollie looked like he thought using his lips like a straw is being a good kisser.  And Abigail looked like she was going to swallow his head whole and digest it.

Eve and JJ as friends or mentor/mentee would be more interesting to me.  He could be a good little schemer, and an older woman/younger man platonic scheme team would be so much fun.  It could provide the angst between Eve/Paige, Paige/JJ, and their targets.  Bonus!  It would drive stupid Jennifer even crazier than she already is.

Like LeftPhalange, I hope today's lunch is part of Sami's long con.  EJ does not deserve to be forgiven and Abigail should not be allowed to have the last word.

JL is a very beautiful and talented woman.  Days is lucky to have her.  I wish they'd let Theresa and Nicole become friends.  Nicole desperately needs a pal and Theresa needs more than just Anne.  The three of them as friends would be wonderful.

I'm liking Aiden more and more and am looking forward to finally learning his backstory.

Last but not least, shut the fuck up, Maggie.

I wish they'd go that route with JJ and Eve also, but I don't think the writers have that kind of imagination, or subtlety.  I think Days is better at friendship than any of the remaining soaps, but friendships of all sorts have taken a backseat in soaps for a long time now.  And that's a shame.  It has to be sex or nothing.  Even though I'm thinking it won't really be sex I think Eve is going to set up some sort of situation that will look like it.  If I didn't like JJ as much as I do, I'd be fine with Eve doing it just to see Jenn's head explode.  But I DO like JJ so NO to that, I hope.

Sami is SO still setting EJ up.  Or at least that's how I prefer to delude myself if it isn't true.  She was watching for something on her phone, something I'm hoping is in support of her and Kate and not something for EJ.  It doesn't make sense to me that Sami would fold emotionally just yet.  And I don't forget that Kristen threatened to destroy EJ.  I'm thinking that when they get back together (and I'm afraid they will), it will be in response to whatever destruction Kristen brings down on their heads.

For the first time since he appeared, I'm interested in Aiden's storyline too.  I'm in the minority here, I think, but also for the first time I thought he and Hope were okay together.  On my own, I'd prefer him with Kayla, but I didn't think he and Hope were too bad together today.  Kristen Alfonso deserves WAY better than she's gotten since PR left, way better.  Like some of you, I think she'd be better with Rafe, but she deserves more storyline than using her COP VOICE.

Maggie.....okay, I get it, Eve is EVUL.  Because after seeing her for about 30 seconds, and listening to Jenn nag on about her, Maggie has decided that while other people can change, Eve can't.  And maybe she hasn't.  I'm assuming that since the Hortons hate her, the character won't be allowed to change, but COME ON, SHOW!  Show wants us to see the Horton Clan as the voice of moral authority, but I mostly see a snooty group of self-appointed moral judges of the common herd.  If Maggie is the open-hearted, loving person we're told she is, then she shouldn't be consigning Eve - or Theresa - or Sami, or anyone else to the rubbish heap based on an accident from 20 years ago, and the hysterical opinion of that harridan of niece of hers.

• Love 5
For the first time since he appeared, I'm interested in Aiden's storyline too.  I'm in the minority here, I think, but also for the first time I thought he and Hope were okay together.  On my own, I'd prefer him with Kayla, but I didn't think he and Hope were too bad together today.  Kristen Alfonso deserves WAY better than she's gotten since PR left, way better.  Like some of you, I think she'd be better with Rafe, but she deserves more storyline than using her COP VOICE.

You are not alone!  I thought Hope and Aiden were good today, too.  I like Hope quite a bit when she's not having to serve as Jennifer's #1 handmaiden and asskisser and agree that KA deserves better than what they've given her.  She would be good with Rafe, but I've seen a spark once or twice between her and Daniel as well.  Now the fall out from that pairing could be interesting ... then again it would mean a lot of screen time for "Cuz" Jennifer so maybe that shouldn't be put out in the universe.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

Who immediately decides to whip up something to eat the minute they get locked in a storage unit?

Paige was taking some random stuff to college with her. A pinwheel??

Can Jennifer talk to anyone who isn't one of her kids without angrily spitting the words out? Take a pill, woman.

• Love 7

I think Theresa's advice was less about Paige and JJ than it was about her own experiences, not only with JJ, but more specifically with Brady.

Overall, I liked yesterday's episode again, but the dinner-making montage made me cringe, and would have no matter who was in it. 

• Love 1

Ollie Rollie Ben and Tamiflu have been on this show for what seems like years and we still know next to nothing about them. Tamiflu actually has been here for almost a year. They could both disappear tomorrow and no one but Rafe and The Supply Closet Girl would notice. The money being wasted on those two actors could be going to the wardrobe department.

Their story is such a non-starter. You're right - we know nothing about them and worse, I don't care about their story. There is nothing about those two that I find compelling or interesting.  Aidan on the other hand - I'm interested to know about his marriage and what happened.  The actor is really growing on me.

Who immediately decides to whip up something to eat the minute they get locked in a storage unit?

Paige was taking some random stuff to college with her. A pinwheel??

Can Jennifer talk to anyone who isn't one of her kids without angrily spitting the words out? Take a pill, woman.

Ha! I agree with all this.  And now I see why Jennifer usually wears such neutral makeup. They made her up with darker colors and she looked like a shrieking harpy. I don't understand how an actress who is fairly attractive and fit looks so terrible almost all the time.  The worried frown doesn't help, but they can't find any wardrobe or makeup that suits her?

Speaking of wardrobe - I think I saw someone in Hope's green silk shirt and print pants in the 1980s.

• Love 3

Speaking of wardrobe - I think I saw someone in Hope's green silk shirt and print pants in the 1980s.

Change the color of the shirt from green to white and that would have been me. With Maggie's "the higher the hair, the closer to God" hairdo. 

I concur with all who are interested in Aidan's backstory and what makes him tick. Daniel Cosgrove was on two of my RIP soaps and was always good with whatever material he was saddled with. Even the thought of a storyline for him is more interesting than what is going on with the teen/20-something set on the show, save for Theresa. 

• Love 1

I don't think Aiden is too young for Hope.  If anything it is Hope's personality that is making her seem old.  Remember she was with Patrick Lockhart who was much younger than her, only difference Hope was a lot more at ease with him, maybe because she was on a "break" from Bo when she slept with Patrick.

• Love 2

I agree, Aiden is the right age for Hope but I also noticed this week that she looks a little longer in the tooth than she has. Maybe they changed the lighting or something? It's really true about the neck -- can reveal a lot once you're 50ish. 

ETA: I kind of hate myself for posting that as I'm actually mid-50s-ish and I should have more loyalty to my people. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 5

Thought I was watching the Twilight Zone during the Julie and EJ scenes today. Wow, just wow. Who knew yoga could do Julie so much good?  If it knocks the self-righteous attitude out of Jenn, Abby, Hope, Will, Maggie and the rest of the Hortons can we send them all on a yoga cruise and force them to do the downward dog?

• Love 4

I wish Sonny would stop wasting time trying to get his whiny, childish, worthless husband to talk to him and call Brian instead.

Of course Will only cares that he hurt precious Abby. Stupid squirrel.

Julie has been replaced by an imposter and this is all a set up.

I wonder if Ben is finally realizing his girlfriend is trash.

I hope Stefano's jet crashes.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

Jenn, Abby, Hope, Will, Maggie and the rest of the Hortons

That only leaves JJ and Lucas (currently on the show). And Ally, if the show remembers that EJ's  not her freaking dad. 

I will go to my grave (or the show's grave) lamenting the watering down of the Hortons. It's sad to see them the subject of so much scorn these days, it didn't have to be like this!

• Love 3

I guess Creepy Clyde is doing his job as an actor if his lurking is scaring the bejeesus out of me. "Bullseye" gave me the shivers even though his eyes said it first. The "mah lil girrul" makes me nauseous.  But not as much as Ollby's kiss.  Damn, I thought he'd whip her into shape for us but that closeup left a bad tuna taste in my mouth.

I'll never think he's handsome though. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Sami and Kate looked great today, and they are still the best couple on this show.

I hope Clyde causes lots of trouble.  If Kate makes him her special brownies, I will know it is true love.

I see Rafe got to join in the Sami bashing today while propping Jenn and the boring twit.

I'm tired of Stefano and his idiot children, and I want them all to die.

This SL is going nowhere.  Stefano, Kristen, and EJ won't go to prison.  Sadly, the idiot writers will put Sami back with EJ even though they have spent months showing EJ has no respect or love for Sami whatsoever, and he will do this to her again the first chance he gets.

Will can drop dead at anytime.  Sonny would be a better son and grandson to Sami and Kate.

• Love 3

I'm stunned by Julie today, I was like wtf. Where is the real Julie?

This Clyde, Grimace Sue story is a snooze. Today was basically a snooze.

IDK why Sonny is wanting to take blame for what Will did. It's nauseating.

• Love 3

Today must have been the day on set when the writers finally got a clue that JS would actually  be leaving and wasn't bluffing.

The scene with Ben, Abigail, and EJ was kind of hilarious. Neither guy seemed to want to bother dealing with her. This might all change on Monday, but I took what I could get today.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

IDK why Sonny is wanting to take blame for what Will did. It's nauseating.

Because apparently no Horton can take the blame for their own actions. Someone else must always be their scapegoat. Well except for Julie today who had an epiphany during a yoga cruise and became a normal, understanding human being even capable of having a lovely conversation with a Dimera. Next week it will snow in Salem during their Labor Day picnic. There is no other explanation in the universe for the most over-the-top person in town being rational while the rest of her family roams the parks and hospital hallways proclaiming their shit doesn't stink.  

• Love 3

That Julie was an imposter, but I don't care because I adored this version! It was like getting a little blue Buddha--what a breath of fresh air. Half the cast needs a yoga cruise to Sri Lanka. Much like a romp with Kate made Rafe tolerable and even sometimes likable.

• Love 1

Besides Julie being delightful itwas nice to see T cute self. He needs to be on more, pair him with Theresa. They would challenge each other Theresa being with someone who doesn't have a lot of money and T possibly staying with one woman.

Will is just a joke sick of seeing his facial expressions which are just as bad as Abby's.

• Love 2

"I bought these Buddha's in bulk for the folks back home" -

Julie can stay in town FOREVER!

except for Julie today who had an epiphany during a yoga cruise and became a normal, understanding human being even capable of having a lovely conversation with a Dimera. Next week it will snow in Salem during their Labor Day picnic. There is no other explanation in the universe for the most over-the-top person in town being rational while the rest of her family roams the parks and hospital hallways proclaiming their shit doesn't stink.

That Julie was an imposter, but I don't care because I adored this version! It was like getting a little blue Buddha--what a breath of fresh air. Half the cast needs a yoga cruise to Sri Lanka. Much like a romp with Kate made Rafe tolerable and even sometimes likable.

Having Julie back in this incarnation was such a treat.  Yep, I know, probably an imposter - or an advance guard in the Alien Invasion being planned by PodMarlena with the aid of her giant purse - but what a treat she was.

There can never be another Alice Horton, no way, no how, and they really shouldn't try.  But I would very much appreciate someone like Julie was today, a family elder, who recognizes - as Alice did - the humanity in the worst of people and the moral fraility in the best.  Someone, like Alice in the past, and Julie today, who can honestly look through the b.s. with forgiveness.  NOT whitewash, not denial, like Jenn does.  And not the contempt and judgement that Maggie hands out.  Julie could have grown into that character if they'd given her half a chance.  

But I'll take what I can get, and Julie's visit today was my favorite of hers in quite some time.

And now let's look behind Curtain Number 2!  And who do we have there but the Anti-Julie, Maggie the Judge, with Victor quivering in fear of her anger.  Hmmmm.....let me state my feeling on that with one brief word - BULLSHIT.  I think Maggie is supposed to be the new Alice but I don't see it.  And frankly, the character has gotten worse since being put so firmly in Jenn's orbit since her return to Salem.  I don't mind so much Maggie being right about people, but I HATE the smirk and the fake forebearance she has with the people who don't live up to her standards.  Which includes her husband, the guy she married with a shady past, and a pretty recent shady past at that.  I hate seeing him, and today Sonny as well, kowtowing to her and begging her forgiveness, and that self-satisfied smirk does her no favors.

I'm hoping that when Julie gives Maggie her Buddha, she shoves it deep where the sun don't shine.

Were you all as glad as I was today to hear Tammi Flue assure Abigail that THERE ARE people on her side, THERE ARE people who don't judge her, THERE ARE people who know she's the victim.  WTF, writers???  Have they forgotten that except for Sami, EVERY SINGLE PERSON we've seen on screen is on that rodent's side.  And also, that meant we had to see Abigail give us her "big girl fighting through her tears" look - AGAIN.  (All these words I capitalize are the ones I shout at the screen -those and others too vulgar for me to type here - I shout at the screen a lot on some days....)

Rafe exhibited exactly why I don't like him much today, in his bootlicking scenes with Tammie about poor Abigail.  Rafe has treated Sami with a lot of contempt since they broke up and while I don't like it, he has every right to do so.  She cheated on him, and lied to him.  And then he did the same thing with Carrie.  So he's been on both sides of the infidelity show.  While he doesn't have an obligation to feel bad for Sami, him treating Abigail as the victim is just one more example of his hypocrisy.  

Rafe has pretty eyebrows, I admit that.  And if his lips were sown shut and he was made to stand in the town square wearing only a speedo, I'd be down with that too.  But letting him open his big fat stupid mouth so he can say more big fat stupid things is a big fat stupid mistake.

When Julie is making more sense than Rafe, it's time to have him pursue a career as a mime - full time.

What else....what else.....OH, T!  Always good to see T, no matter the occasion. I don't mind him standing up for Abigail, or for Will for that matter.  When T does it, he's pretty clear that it is simply a matter of loyalty.  He doesn't need to cloak it in some smarmy package of fake moral outrage.  He's just T.  And a better friend in Salem would be impossible to find.

I don't know where they're going with the BIG BAD is coming back to town, but I expect better of Sami and especially Kate than them squawking in fear and running around like Chicken Little.  If Kate has enough connections to bad buys to help out Clyde, she can use those same connections to help herself and Sami.   

Besides, all someone has to do is put some superglue in Stefano's Metamucil and it's game over.  

And because it can't be said enough, and because we all had to look at both that ratfink Abigail and that Sneasel Will, Sami held Abigail's hand throughout her pregnancy scare with EJ (WITH EJ!!) while Abigail was too scared to tell her own mother and the little cretinous slug took full advantage of Sami's help and sympathy - and Will took all the help he couldn't manage to do for himself from his mother, legal and illegal to hold on to his daughter and they both deserve to suffer as much as they've made us viewers suffer.

I'll make a deal with Show.  If Show stops making us look and hear about these two people, then I'll stop bringing up what HORRORS they both are.

I think I'm gonna lose that deal....

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Boes, all of that Alice love in your post reminded me of when she stood up and objected at Bo and Billie's wedding. My sister actually yelled out "You bitch!" when that happened... We still laugh about what an awful person she was to call Alice Horton a bitch.

• Love 4

I wouldn't necessarily care if Rafe was agreeing with Tammy Flu about Abigail if he hadn't previously looked dismissive of her. The sudden change is a bit grating in that he was kind of funny when he was giving Abigail the stink-eye but now seems boring again when he's trying to be nice about her.

I really think Abigail needs a hair cut. Either that, or put her in her natural hair color. The money spent on processing her hair to look that unnatural shade of blonde could instead be used for finding a bed for EJ to actually have sex on rather than on the Dimera Sex Couch. I guess this doesn't matter now that he's leaving, but maybe Brady and Teresa could use a bed. That couch they've been using looks kind of dumb to get busy on.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Boes, all of that Alice love in your post reminded me of when she stood up and objected at Bo and Billie's wedding. My sister actually yelled out "You bitch!" when that happened... We still laugh about what an awful person she was to call Alice Horton a bitch.

I forgot ALL about that!  Denial IS more than a river in Egypt.

Tell your sister she was right!

• Love 2

I forgot ALL about that!  Denial IS more than a river in Egypt.

Tell your sister she was right!

OMG, that was the one time I actually despised Alice Horton is when she turned on Billie.  Before "GINA" came back Alice was very pro Billie, the second "Gina" was found she basically said "screw you Billie".

• Love 1

Why is KDP allowed to make her own moaning music for her scenes?

I assume she made the soundtrack as a connection to Eve's singing career rather than anything strange, but the music IS leading my head to strange places.

Is anyone else thinking that Julie saved some of JJ's "special brownies" from book club night?  Oh, and can we keep this version of Julie?  EJ looked positively gobsmacked that Julie wasn't harping on him like everyone else in town. 

Somewhere in the past Will must have grown a vagina...WHAT A BITCH!  T deserves a much better BFF.  It's mindboggling that he is still so upset over hurting his stank assed cousin and not upset over hurting his own mother and siblings.  He really needs to go, just looking at him irks me like Skankigail does.

Sami & Kate-c'mon girls, get your shit together.  I've been rooting for you all summer.  It was nice to see they're displaying Sami's 'twins' again LOL.  

• Love 1

The show has gone totally lackluster again.  I am always tired of Sami so her story bores me to death.  As to what is happening now, let's take a look: Ben and Abagail are as boring as Rafe and Jordan; Hope and Aiden are devoid of forward movement; Clyde and Kate (He has no clue who is dealing with; Kate is dangerous.); JJ and Paige are typical of teen sets on the soaps -- not at all interested; Jennifer and Daniel, oh please, not again.  Questions:  Who is going to be the next to trip Brady and beat him to the floor?  Will Nicole ever learn?  Teresa and Eve would be a dynamite villain duo but it looks like Teresa is undergoing some sort of redemption process, probably out of fear of John waking up from his coma and revealing that she is the one who conked him on the head.  Will Stefano actually be showing up in Salem? 

The show has gone totally lackluster again.  I am always tired of Sami so her story bores me to death.  As to what is happening now, let's take a look: Ben and Abagail are as boring as Rafe and Jordan; Hope and Aiden are devoid of forward movement; Clyde and Kate (He has no clue who is dealing with; Kate is dangerous.); JJ and Paige are typical of teen sets on the soaps -- not at all interested; Jennifer and Daniel, oh please, not again.  Questions:  Who is going to be the next to trip Brady and beat him to the floor?  Will Nicole ever learn?  Teresa and Eve would be a dynamite villain duo but it looks like Teresa is undergoing some sort of redemption process, probably out of fear of John waking up from his coma and revealing that she is the one who conked him on the head.  Will Stefano actually be showing up in Salem? 

The Tabloid Writer needs to be attacked by an ostrich. The Mistress/Supply Closet Girl needs to be mauled by a bear. Rollie Ollie and Tamiflu need to be run over by a tractor. EJ needs to be shot and then Nicole can put some bacteria on the medical instruments so he dies when the surgeons operate on him.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3
What Sami did isn't blackmail.

I guess technically it's coercion. It's still the same, threats made against someone to do something unless she gives into her demands. 

Exactly, Kayla wasn't going to enforce the hospital's policy because she's related to Abby so Sami would have a right to give the money to a hospital that would honor its own rules.

Then where's Sami's concerns about Brady, Theresa (her family) or  Daniel or all the other stuff that goes on at the hospital? Daniel's put on probation and needs hearings by the board every other week. Brady and Theresa's on drugs every other week. Sami doesn't care about the hospital or Kayla or any policy. Sami's not doing some good deed for the hospital or even as a board member, she's not doing her job as a so called board member. She doesn't care. 

She's just being selfishly vindictive and wanting Abby fired. That's her motive, not the hospital, policy, donations or anything else or else she'd be against Brady being on the board while on drugs all the time or a lot of other things that go on in the hospital. But she doesn't.  It's just about Sami to her.

Now that Stefano's returning, suddenly Sami and Kate are worried. They didn't think of Stefano before hand, or did they really think they could beat him? So stupid if they did.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

Why should Sami barge in on situations that don't concern her, now unless Brady, Theresa, and Dan specifically go to Sami with their concerns then she might do something to help them but they're not. Where were they while this whole affair thing came to the surface. Did any of them come to her and comfort her? Nope, Dan went to Abby the slut and not Sami the victim. Looks like they don't care about Sami so why should she extend an olive branch to them.

It's hospital policy, Abby broke the rules and had to suffer the consequences. Sami was making sure that Kayla enforced their own policy or that the money would go to a different hospital. Kayla was the one acting like a stupid twit, not wanting to enforce hospital own policy that is written in black and white.

• Love 5

Honestly, in real life I could see people being agitated at Kayla for not enforcing policy where Abigail is concerned, regardless of what Sami's motives are. Nepotism isn't really endearing to people.  I don't think it really matters whether Sami is being vindictive or not -- people would look at Abigail's situation, shrug, and probably mutter to themselves "You do the crime, you do the time." (I'm using a phrase -- not saying that Abigail is actually a criminal). Sure, if the hospital actually lost the money, I could see people getting up in arms, but here everybody wins -- Sami gets Abigail fired,  the hospital winds up getting the money, and the hospital winds up getting rid of a sucky employee in the form of Abigail Devereaux who spends her time in supply closets issuing threats in return for sex rather than doing proper PR work.  In the end, this isn't the kind of blackmail or coercion that is damaging or  where the hospital really loses anything the way Sami might have lost something when EJ blackmailed her for sex in exchange for saving Lucas's life. Sami's form of blackmail/coercion, regardless of motivation, winds up being pretty much beneficial for everyone so who would actually complain about this under the comments section of TMZ?

Salem is obviously weird, but in regular Realityville, if an article was written about someone like Abigail and it was revealed that her aunt wasn't enforcing rules because she feels her niece should be treated differently than if she weren't related to her, I don't think anyone would go out of their way to figure out what Sami's motivation might be. They'd all be wondering why Abigail needs to get special treatment, especially since she's pretty useless to the hospital. She's not Bill Gates or Steve Jobs -- no one is going to care if you remove her from the hospital or her job.

Meanwhile, Monica Lewinsky must be wondering why she can't get the kind of sympathy Abigail is getting.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 9

The Tabloid Writer needs to be attacked by an ostrich. The Mistress/Supply Closet Girl needs to be mauled by a bear. Rollie Ollie and Tamiflu need to be run over by a tractor. EJ needs to be shot and then Nicole can put some bacteria on the medical instruments so he dies when the surgeons operate on him.

https://vine.co/v/MlbnMtql1nn. :)

She's just being selfishly vindictive and wanting Abby fired. 

Which makes Sami automatically a nicer person than I am, since I want to see rabid zombie wolves rip the flesh hot from her bones while the head zombie wolf, taunting a tied-up Jennifer, makes fun of her wardrobe choices.  And Kangaroo ears.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

I know a lot of people have cheated in Salem (which might explain the blase reaction to Abigail), but have that many actually  reacted all that well to cheating? Even when someone has been part of a cheating relationship (i.e cough cough Saint Dr. Tan), the person still reacts pretty heatedly when he or she finds out they've been cheated on.  Heck, even when someone ISN'T  actually cheating (i.e again cough cough Dr. Tan) but everyone for some reason thinks he is,  people like Jennifer act like they're about to have a nervous breakdown and also involve their kids in worrying about the other guy's sex life.... That's where I find the inability of the residents of Salem (most particularly, Will) to understand why Sami might in fact be mad a little baffling. Who in that town acts like it's no big deal to be cheated on even though cheating is rampant in the town?

Caroline's husband probably had the most saintly reaction to cheating (if I'm going by word-of-mouth on the show anyway), and oddly enough Abigail's father Jack had the most perplexing and bewildering reaction to being cheated on -- he raped Kayla!

In the end, I can't recall most of the residents in Salem reacting as kindly as Caroline's husband -- he seems to be an anomaly. Sami's reaction to Abigail seems to be the norm I'm used to seeing. I mean, I don't remember Roman just shrugging his shoulders when he found out about Marlena's infidelity. Okay, maybe he didn't get anyone fired, but I don't remember him really being accepting of it either. And, uh, then there was Kristen who still seems to be reeling from John's infidelity even 15 freaking years later...I think even Stephanie went all wacko when Melanie took her guy....and from what I remember Abigail went all cuckoo on Austin when Melanie got with Chad. Sami's reaction, while the norm in Salem, at least seems properly focused.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Sami is behaving better than a lot of people in real life would. So far all she's done is say "mean" aka true things about Abby, say "mean" aka true things to the people who confront her, force Kayla to follow hospital policy, and give the tabloid editor Abby's name. Everything she's done is perfectly reasonable. If some crazy, delusional, raggedy, stank, ridiculous, pathetic, nasty, lying troll walked into my home and assaulted and threatened me I would make damn sure they regretted it.

• Love 6

Too bad this tablet won't let me like posts here.  There's so many good ones!

Anyway, I should probably watch dvr Days instead of live Days. It's so much more satisfying to fast-forward through Abigail and Will and anyone talking about Abigail or Will, which these days is 90% of the cast  I made through in less than twenty minutes.

Julie was likable for the first time ever, as was Clyde.  Him screwing with Jordan's head was pretty funny.

I also wish Stefano would die in a plane crash, so long as everyone else survives.  Sami and Kate better come out on top at the end of this story.

• Love 3

In Sami's shoes I would be beside myself.  Granted, my target would be more EJ than Abby, but she'd be second.  And a close second because of her behavior during the pregnancy scare, as well as pretending to be Sami's friend during the art tutoring and wedding planning.  If Abigail hadn't been so brazen and self-centered, she could be dismissed.  The slap?  The little twit needs to be destroyed.

• Love 4

What is just as weird about this EJabby/Ejami storyline is that not much of anything seems to be happening post-affair.  Sami is considered the worst of the worst, but in the real world no one would care what she's doing. As long as she's not snipping off male members a la Lorena Bobbitt or killing people in a rage a la Betty Broderick, most people wouldn't go out of their way to think Sami is awful while Abigail is a young woman in need of the public's support. Those kinds of opinions and divisions are only reserved for huge celebrity scandals ( and the people have to be superfamous, and possibly super charismatic, like Brangelina for anyone to take into consideration the people's point of view. I think EJ is way better looking than Brad Pitt, but Abigail does  not  have Angelina Jolie's charisma.  I think Leann Rimes, who is less famous but still not anonymous either,  has been trying to make her cheating relevant to the public,  but we just look at her as a caricature rather than as an actual human being).  But in the real world, would neighbors really get upset about a wife feeling angry about being cheated on and taking miniscule action over it?  Heck, Sami isn't even filming  reality show about moving on after her husband cheated on her.  Sure, I'd be gossiping because I'm mean that way, but, uh, I'd be gossiping about Abigail since she's the one that's always going around lecturing people about morals and their sexual histories.

In the "movement" of this storyline, if you can call it that, all I see is people lounging around talking about other people (and Will feeling sorry for himself but not realizing that maybe even Brady has more brains than him), but no actual action appears to be on the table. Even Sweeps was sort of....static.  I don't know if the writers have spent too much time trying (and possibly failing) to convince us that Abigail is an innocent who fell into a mistake (uh, Ej's body) , and trying to give us a reason for Jordan's existence (I guess those were supposed to be character arcs???). As a consequence everything else has been neglected, and everything seems to be moving at a snail's pace since the writers seem to have no idea why they created certain storylines. I'm not even sure why Kristen is back if all of her time is going to be spent sitting on a desk while Daniel looks like he wants to straddle her.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I believe Sami's reaction has been tame especially considering what Sami is capable of, and that she is working with Kate, who is capable of even worse than Sami.

What I don't understand is all the people who keep going to Sami's home to pick fights with her, and then who whine when they lose those fights.

I don't think Sami should ever have considered forgiving EJ, but after EJ blamed Sami for his cheating, she definitely shouldn't have wanted anything else to do with him.  Also, EJ's blasé attitude about his screwing around, tells me EJ will do this again because not only does he not accept responsibility for anything he does, he also doesn't think his cheating was a problem.  EJ just shrugs it off even though EJ got angry and jealous simply because Sami was talking to Kate about Rafe.

I want Sami to divorce EJ so Sami can actually have scenes with other characters before AS is gone.

I want Sonny to divorce Will to because - there are to many reasons to list.

Kate and Clyde are interesting together and on their own.  They will not make dullsville Rafe/Jordan interesting no matter what they do.

• Love 4

Didn't EJ go ballistic when he found out Nicole and Brady were doing it? (I think Vivian showed a picture of the two in bed). I don't think Nicole and EJ were even a "real" couple at the time. But EJ still got mad, and acted all kinds of weird (I think he screamed far more vociferously about them "pleasuring themselves all over the room" than I've ever heard Sami scream at Abigail). I can't remember if that was the time he made her wear that strange bracelet so that he could know where she was at all times.  Clearly, nobody in this town likes being lied to.

Edited by bantering

pretending to be Sami's friend during the art tutoring and wedding planning.

Abby wasn't pretending to be Sami's friend so much as Sami was strong arming her into being her friend. Even before Sami knew what was going on, she, for lack of a better word, pursued Abby. It made no sense at all, but Sami kept inserting herself into Abby's life. Abby should have tried harder to get out of those situations, yes, but I don't think that their situation even vaguely resembled a friendship. If Abby were seeking out Sami for advice and consolation over the pregnancy scare, I'd judge her more harshly. As it was, she only confided because Sami nagged it out of her.

• Love 1

I don't get why Abigail agreed to be an art tutor if it was such an awful experience for her. Did she do that for EJ?

I think Abigail could have gotten out of talking about the pregnancy with Sami if she had scooted herself down to the drug store to get a pregnancy test, but for some reason she felt the need to blather on about what she and EJ should do about a non-existent baby rather than getting to a bathroom to clear up the whole mess in 10 minutes. Sami may have  been pushy, but how hard would it have been to do what everybody else does when they're having a pregnancy scare? -- for some reason, a drug store seemed too difficult for her to enter on her own. Abigail seemed to have the brains to get a  home pregnancy test done in EJ's fantasy/nightmare, but not in real life. I don't know why he continues to over-estimate her intelligence...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2