Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

First if all, there is a huuuuge difference between an "I told you so" attitude and a "How DARE you yell at poor Widdle Abby!" attitude.

Secondly, I'd buy the "Young and inexperienced" crap if this was the first relationship she tried to destroy. As we all know, this isn't her first rodeo.

And if everyone is going to give Sami the stank eye for being with EJ, they should be giving it to Abby too.

• Love 4

Anybody in charge of Eric should be able to take one look at the guy and realize he should no more be allowed to be a priest than he should be allowed around sharp objects.   The guy is seriously messed up in his little head.  I'm waiting for the day he realizes that the whole time he thinks God has been talking to him, he's left his bluetooth on and has been listening to Pandora.  

Seriously. Look, I thought GV and AZ had chemistry when this storyline began 84 years ago, but now GV is playing Eric like a 9 year old boy who's mean to a girl because she makes him feel funny in his tum-tum. He's like terrified of Nicole, and his rage at her seems to be less about the betrayal at this point and more about the fact that he's still (apparently?) full of lust for her. Which just makes me hate him.

Also, even if the writers/producers love Abby, wardrobe clearly hates her because she has been in two offensively hideous outfits in a row.

• Love 8

Since everyone seems to think EJ coerced Abigail into bed, I guess the lack of inquisitiveness about what exactly EJ said to get her to have sex with him is rather weird to me.

Maybe I'm just really nosy, but even if I thought the best of Abigail, I'd probably be wondering what EJ did to get her to have sex with him.  Adrienne must be as nosy as I am -- why isn't she asking?

If Kayla doesn't like Sami with EJ, I figured she'd have the same reaction to Abigail being with him. But she didn't seem to wonder how she got into his bed either.

I suspect people want Abigail to look at her choice because she's described as a responsible and honest, if not saintly, character. Sami doesn't always act the best way, but that's generally in keeping with her actual characterization. Who has ever described Sami as having "integrity"? This point has been iterated many times over and over, though.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Oh for Pete's sake! Really Ben! What Abby did is different than what Kate did because Abby is sorry? These people are useless. If I was Abby I would fake remorse because everyone is giving her a pass. I can't believe there is not one person who isn't questioning what the hell she was thinking by sleeping with an engaged man.

And bless Kate for talking Sami down from the ledge. Those two belong together.

I guess we're to believe that Clyde and EJ are going to be competing in their business "market"?

• Love 5

Thank you, Kate.  Kate has her own ulterior motives, and Kate probably isn't the best person for Sami to be talking to, however, Sami doesn't have anyone else, and the advice Kate is giving Sami is good.  Could the idiot writers please let Sami keep her spine and her brain cells, and continue to realize that EJ will just destroy her life again the first chance he gets.

• Love 3

Because 99.9% of the people in her life warned her against EJ.  When she shouldn't have needed a warning at all.  He's raped her twice, kidnapped their kid and made her think she was dead, and put another man looking like her husband in her bed who was not only a danger to HER but HIS children as well.  For all of you who want Abby to take responsibility for her part in this and refuse to give her ANY passes because she's an adult and makes her own choices...I agree with you...but let's also take a look over at Sami here.  She involved herself with a man who has wronged the majority of the people in this town in some way and if he hasn't then his father, sister, or some other damn family member has.  And she's shocked he cheated on her?  Really?  

She wants sympathy for turning a blind eye to EJ's bullshit and people just aren't willing to give it to her.  As a viewer, I am also not willing to give it to her.  At least Abby has the fact that she's young and inexperienced on her side.  What excuse does Sami have for explaining away what she knows about EJ and jumping into a relationship with him anyway?  She thought it would be different....oh ok...well I guess the 16th time IS the charm.

That would be a reason for Salemites to not mourn the EJ and Sami relationship.  That doesn't mean they can't have sympathy for Sami going through a rough time.  Right or wrong people have started to accept Sami and EJ as a couple and they certainly haven't disowned Sami for her relationship with EJ.

Nonetheless, you can still have sympathy for what Abby did to Sami on a friendship basis. Sami was really under the impression that Abby was her friend and certainly someone that she trusted to have around the kids.  Sami hasn't had a real girlfriend since Jaime left town over fifteen years ago.  So there is a whole other level of deceit there that EJ can be removed from and it still leaves Abby hurting Sami. 

For me, this is where I would expect other people to really get Sami's point of view.  Abby wasn't just Jennifer and Jack's daughter, she was actually Sami's friend.  Not to discount the pregnancy ordeal, which must of made Sami feel like a complete fool.  Like I said I don't want Sami to go to far and actually "destroy" Abby, but actually having the wife of the man your having an affair with hold your hand through your pregnancy scare is another level.  The reality at the end of the day is that Abby allowed it to happen. As pushy as Sami was about spending time with her, she should have put an end to it and not allow herself to become more and more infused with Sami and her family.

• Love 7

From yesterday:  please tell me that Clyde isn't going to be a "good mobster" because he uses obviously dirty money to take care of people?  I can watch GH if I want to see that. :-(

• Love 2

I can't believe there is not one person who isn't questioning what the hell she was thinking by sleeping with an engaged man.

It really does defy reality, doesn't it?  I understand supporting your daughter/cousin/niece/friend, but really?  There's not one person besides Sami and Kate that are giving Abby the side-eye?  There's not even a teeny bit of gossiping going on about the girl that slept with the mobster?  Abby's mother who lectured her son endlessly over his pot use can't say one stern word to her daughter about making better choices?  Give me a break.  I get it already.  Abigail's an angel from heaven, innocent to her core.  Please, show, stop beating me over the head with it.

• Love 5

Kate needs to show her love for Sami by pulling out her bottle of poison and going on a murder spree. 

Someone explain to me like I'm Brady how Kate sleeping with Rafe isn't exactly like Abby sleeping with EJ. These people are really grasping at straws trying to come up with ways to give Abby a pass.  

Hopefully EJ will be killed by a rival. 

• Love 5

Not to defend what Kate and Rafe did, but it is so not the same thing.  So technically the act of cheating is the same, but the situation and the level are no where near the same.

Kate and Rafe actually have a history together.  A history that Jordan was aware of because Kate hired her.  Again not to defend but Jordan was aware of the history and "closeness" that Rafe and Kate had with one another.  Also Kate and Jordan were not friends.

Abby Devareaux having an affair with EJ is much more improbable than what Rafe did, which essentially was to turn to an ex "girlfriend/sex buddy" during a time of need because he didn't truly trust his current girlfriend.

Sami and EJ cheating is more close to what Rafe and Kate did than Abby and EJ. 

• Love 1

OK guys here's a mod note. Please tone it down in reference to other posters. Arguing with each other is not the point of this forum. Also I'm posting some info on language that you should have read already. It's not up for debate and I'll be moderating content that doesn't follow the rules.

"Hi, All! Just a note to remind everyone re: The Social Contract and our main rule of "Don't be a dick". All opinions are welcome here, lovers and haters alike of all things soaps.
While it is open season to snark on the characters and storylines, there are some concerns that we as moderators have had over the past few weeks, and we would like to clarify, snarking is fine; slut-shaming and use of misogynistic language is NOT. For example, "Wow, that dress was inappropriate" is okay; "she looked like a whore" is not. We'd like to refrain from terms like "slut" and "whore" here.
Also, there are certain references or nicknames which fall into this category, because they are degrading to the actors who portray the characters. We're not going to delineate them all here but if you have to think to yourself "is this OK to post?" it's probably not. Feel free to ask us or just report things that you find questionable.
We want you guys to have fun posting here!  In that spirit, we'll give some leeway on the points above, but remember Previously.TV's overarching rule: Don't be a dick. That means no yelling, mocking, or attacking other posters. If you see dickish behavior, don't engage, report."

• Love 2

If I were Jennifer, I'd be wondering why Abigail felt more comfortable going to the fiancée of the man she cheated with to discuss her pregnancy scare than me. Granted, going to your mom about this is a scary thing, but you'd have to wonder why Abigail couldn't have at least found anyone else to go to about this.

Abigail is lucky she didn't turn out to be pregnant, because I have no idea what she would have said to the fiancée of the man she cheated with if the pregnancy result had turned out to be positive: "Um, yeah, I'm pregnant....with your fiancée's baby! Cronut?"

• Love 4

From yesterday:  please tell me that Clyde isn't going to be a "good mobster" because he uses obviously dirty money to take care of people?  I can watch GH if I want to see that. :-(

Considering what Ben said about Clyde's beating on women (and I still think he abused Jordan), he isn't a good guy.

Kate's line to EJ about "losing your timing like this at this point in your career" is a quote from the song "Send in the Clowns".  I wonder if there's a significance to that.

• Love 3

I think it's odd that Lucas went out of town without even talking to Sami.  Roman hasn't at least shown up at the mansion to tell Sami he's glad she finally came to her senses about EJ, but now she needs to move out of the mansion.  Brady hasn't stopped by telling Kate and Sami he wants in on the revenge. 

Caroline having only one scene with Sami, and everyone else who stops by telling Sami no one cares about her feelings, while Kate of all people is the only person supporting Sami, for her own reasons of course, has had the unintentional hilarious consequence of making it look like Kate and EJ are fighting over who gets Sami, and Kate is so kicking EJ's ass.

Sami looks like she might break at any time, and Kate keeps pulling her together.  EJ OTOH, it seems like JS is just going through the motions until his contract is up.  I don't know if EJ is delusional or arrogant.  EJ told Will Sami and EJ would work things out because they have children.  Huh?  Sami also has children with Lucas.  Sami was married to Rafe longer than either EJ or Lucas, and they don't have any children together.  EJ blames Kate for Sami not getting back together with him, and still dismisses anything he's done as being the reason Sami doesn't want to be with him. 

It's a good thing AS and LK are giving it their all because Sami and Kate are the only thing I'm enjoying watching on the show.

• Love 2

I thought Abigail's acting was better today. 

However, it did seem like Ben had to move from his concern about Jordan to comforting Abigail about how she's not actually like Kate.

I don't know what can make me really enjoy Abigail. Even when she tries to think about how she sucks at life, I still find her kind of  annoying. I think if Ben didn't have to come to her mental rescue, I might have lessened my tendency to be annoyed by her. But since that seemed like a moment to think about Jordan's problems rather than how awkward it must be for Abigail to see a parallel example of her mistake right in her face, I was inclined to feel annoyance again. It might be a dilemma for me...

Unemployment is clearly not being kind to Abigail if those pants are anything to go by....diidn`t Jennifer wear those same pants once, and everybody at TWOP mocked them?

Edited by bantering

Lol, I love when characters try to bring up the fact that they have children with someone as some form of bond.  Yes, having a child with someone cements you to them, but not necessarily romantically.  Considering the people of Salem have children with the nearest warm body five minutes after dating or getting married, and then eventually divorced these important relationships are never cemented. 

EJ, considering one (Johnny) of your two children was conceived during a rape, immediately after the conception of a child from a loving relationship (Allie), and your other child was conceived during a period where Sami didn't completely hate you and want to shoot you in the head.  I don't know if I would play that card.

Lucas is really the only one who I can see realistically saying that to Sami.  Allie was conceived when they were lovingly engaged and about to be married.  Hell, even Will's conception, while not the most romantic was done out of two best friends who were dying for comfort and love from another person.

• Love 5

However, it did seem like Ben had to move from his concern about Jordan to comforting Abigail about how she's not actually like Kate.

I don't understand what Ben gets out of his relationship with Abby. She doesn't offer him any emotional support, she photoshops pictures of him like a weirdo, and she seems to be a unstable. They aren't even having sex so there's really no reason for him to put up with her crap. He needs to get a clue and realize she would dump him in a heartbeat if EJ told her he wanted to be with her.

• Love 4

Thankfully Kate was there to talk some sense into Sami.  It's not your fault your husband in a cheating jackass, Sami!

I do not give one single shit about Abigail, Ben, or Jordan.  I wish they would all go away.  I don't even want them to get a send-off story.  They just need to stop showing up on my screen.  Now if they gave Jordan some backbone, she'd be tolerable.  But the other two?  No way.

And the sooner they get Eve out of Jennifer's boring, delusional bubble, the better.

• Love 2

Considering what Ben said about Clyde's beating on women (and I still think he abused Jordan), he isn't a good guy.

Kate's line to EJ about "losing your timing like this at this point in your career" is a quote from the song "Send in the Clowns".  I wonder if there's a significance to that.

I'm not sure the writers are that nuanced to include Sondheim lyrics as a form of foreshadowing -- but I will cop to singing the rest of the song in my head after hearing that line.

And I agree that Clyde is a bad guy/hillbilly mobster -- which you have to admit, is a new take on the old tried/true stereotype.

• Love 1

GV is looking so good right now in that suit. How can Eric be such a bore?! Well... <desperately searching for a silver lining> ... maybe now that he's been cleared and has turned down the priesthood of his own free will, maybe, just maybe, we can finally move along to something more interesting to watch? Or will we just have 87 more rounds of Nicole begging him to take her back and him resisting even though he wants her? Zzzzz...

Good lord, Rafe is dumb. I know that's not breaking news or anything, but Jordan connected all the dots for him (and called him "naive" to boot) and he still just blinked and mumbled his way through a defense of Kate. The dude was married to Sami for quite a while - shouldn't he be just a little faster to pick up on when a woman is scheming merrily away? Kate, seriously, what does she see in this guy? I know he's very, very pretty, but Kate strikes me as the sort of woman who would like to be able to have an intelligent conversation with her partner every now and again. Speaking of...

Caroline having only one scene with Sami, and everyone else who stops by telling Sami no one cares about her feelings, while Kate of all people is the only person supporting Sami, for her own reasons of course, has had the unintentional hilarious consequence of making it look like Kate and EJ are fighting over who gets Sami, and Kate is so kicking EJ's ass.

Yes, it is hilarious. I cracked up when Kate said to EJ that Samantha is living with her now. And in context, it was really kind of a strange thing for her to say since she and Sami are just platonic frenemies/partners in crime - they're not living together living together. I think one of the writers is bored/annoyed by having to write Sami as in love with EJ and Kate as in love with Rafe - two worthless, pointless men who are nowhere near the awesomeness of either woman - and so is having a little fun. And thanks to that writer, as well, for Kate's speech where she talked sense into Sami. When she pointed out how pathetic Sami would be if she took EJ back, I cheered. Just because she has her own ulterior motives doesn't make what she said incorrect. I loved how mad EJ got at her.

• Love 3

I finally caught up on the events of the last few weeks and it makes me hate the grief sex all over again.  I know the writers don't think long term with these stories but, by having Sami cheat it gives Will something to throw in her face.  Like others have said, it was unbelievably out of character for her in the first place, as the one thing we never saw Sami do was cheat on a partner but it also means that Will thinks she has no right to be upset that EJ cheated.  Remove Sami cheating with EJ (though she did face consequences in her subsequent divorce and Will bringing it up now) and this would be the culmination of the return of Marlena and Roman when she was a child.  We've discussed here and at TWOP many times how many of Sami's issues began with the emotional tailspin that the return of Marlena and Roman and John's sudden lack of interest in her (despite being her only parent for most of her childhood) brought.  I think Sami permanently snapped when she witnessed Marlena cheating with John and this exit story really should be the culmination of everything that she's done/has happened to her since that event.  Remove the grief sex and we'd have a character willing to do every horrible thing in the book except be unfaithful to her partner.  It would also be way harder for Will and the other Hortons to get in her face as all she'd have to do is point out that she'd never cheated on anyone.  Of course, Sami's only cheated one time in her entire life so her track record is still better than everyone on the show except for Ari and Ciara, though the Hortons will never acknowledge this.

In light of her scene with Caroline I realize that her grandparents were the only other constants while she grew up and that likely plays a role in how she relates to them versus her parents.  Caroline has been there her entire life, showing her love before, during and after the horrible things she's done.  Caroline really knows how to make it clear to Sami that she loves her to pieces while being disappointed and angry at what she's done.  Marlena and Roman have never done that.  Roman doesn't even have a brain anymore and Marlena prefers to shower love and affection on the children who don't put her reputation at risk.  That's not to say Marlena has to like or love Sami, as she doesn't, but she pretends that she does because it makes her look better to her neighbors and earns their sympathy when Sami tries to set the world on fire.  Caroline doesn't give two shits about any of that.  She loves her granddaughter and worries about HER not whether or not her actions will make her neighbors turn up their noses.  The scenes between them were perfect in this way.  Caroline is worried about Sami, how anger and hurt will affect Sami, how the need for revenge could destroy Sami, and if the outcome will truly be what Sami wants.  Put Marlena in that scene instead and we'd get a lecture about how Sami brought it on herself for being with a Dimera in the first place, how dare she be angry, and what will everyone think when they find out what she's doing?  Meanwhile, if Marlena were in that scene with Carrie or Belle, she'd act the role of Caroline, showing sympathy and concern at what her preferred children were going through and how it could effect them long term. 

Last night I had a dream where I met Bryan Datillo and he told me that Lucas and Sami wouldn't have any scenes together before she leaves.  Let's hope that doesn't come true because I need Lucas to join in on the fun for old times sake.  Plus, I'm still holding out hope that the crack theory comes true and Sami reveals to EJ that he isn't the father of Johnny or Sydney after all and it is really Lucas.  Then I want her to shoot him in his balls a la Alan and stroll right out of town, dropping a mic as she does.

• Love 6

JJ looked like Freddy Kruger in training with that t-shirt.

Jenn trying to look all proper for court with her Mrs. Butterworth bun but only if the judge knew how she really is. Eve hit it right on the head with the “Little Miss Perfect” cause that's exactly what she is. What the hell is up with her telling JJ to basically break things off with Paige. Look Jenn just because you don't have anyone to fling your panties at doesn't mean other people have to go without. What a horrible mother.

ScAbby just looks weird looking, especially today and her and her BOllie are just boring. Of course ScAbby had to make it about her when she seen that BOllie wasn't talking about her or worshipping her Horton-ness. ScAbby is doing that shit on purpose, she's only owning up to the affair so that people can feel sorry for her and tell her that she's a "good" person. ScAbby always needs some form of validation. Bitch has problems.

I'm not even going to comment on Tiramisu anymore 'cause it's the same thing with her face day in and day out. I for one don't believe that you can love someone that quickly.

Eric doesn't want to be a priest because he wants to get up in Nicole's hoo-ha. He really is a dumb fuck. Wants a woman that told a big lie and manipulated him yet he gets onto Sami about EJ. Eric take several seats but maybe on the plus side when he tells RoboMar her face might actually move.

• Love 1

All I could think when our dear story started today was 'NOT IN THE FACE, OLLIE!!  NOT.THE.FACE.'  Rafey may not be very smart and LORD he's not, but he's too pretty to beat on the head.  Salem isn't exactly bursting at the seams in the looks department and we don't need Ollie making things any worse.  Thank God that Tammy Flue and Abigail were there to shriek helplessly and wail when Rafe fell into the fake tree.  Whew!  I'd hate to see the set get hurt.

The heart of today's glimpse into the lives of our beloved Salemites was of course, Sami and Kate - and EJ as sort of a knick-knack they can't decide what to do with.  When Sami wavers, thinking that maybe, just maybe, she might find a place to display him, Kate knocks some sense into her.  Then Sami throws some things, EJ stiffens his jaw, Kate laughs in his face, and drinks all around.  At my house, I mean.  EJ stalks off, sounding more British with every step.  He meets up with the Jersey guy from Central Casting, and tells him to up the price on the illegal metamucil they're pushing on the kids of Salem.  Oh yes, Evil EJ is back!

And then we flashed to the home of Polly Pureheart, the saintly widder wommin of Salem, with her laawyur stoppin' on by to tell her that the hanging judge was ready to hear her case against the EVULEST EVUL that ever darkened poor Polly's doorstep.  And funny enough, the EVUL is actually named Eve!  Who'd a thunk it?  After putting on her old wedding gown and grabbing her bible, Polly Pureheart talked to JJ who seems to lose I.Q. points by the dozen every minute he spends with his mother.  Then, off to confront the EVUL and fight for the right to do what her dead husband would have wished.   Cept, come to think of it, they weren't married when Jack bought the farm - so she's just a widder wommin in her tiny deluded brain.  Details, details.

Meanwhile, in Rome, (Iowa, I think), Fadda Eric and the Scarlet Woman (dressed in black to throw us off) were having a meeting with the maitre'd from Red Lobster - OOPS! - I mean, Cardinal DayPlayer.  Nicole is wandering in the garden, having a heart to heart with the Virgin Mary - the girls laughing and crying over all the trouble they've had with men.  I thought it was pretty cool of Mary to offer Nicole a cigarette and a cocktail.  I couldn't hear both sides of the conversation too clearly, but it appears that Mary told her to get back in the game and for God's sake (they laughed when she said that, LOL) to get a new dress.  

Ollie and Abby were talking about him hitting Rafe and his dad the Big Bad, and he was really laying his life out for Abigail, when she very gently, and correctly, reminded Ollie that enough was enough and after all, it's ALL ABOUT HER.  Enough of that boring 'his dad beats up women', Abby really needed to talk about if she was like Kate, mainly so she could hear Ollie tell her ABSOLUTELY NOT, you're a SAINT.  Because, of course, Ollie knows Kate so well.  But no matter, Abby got things back on track to having her as the center of attention.  Whew!

Then JJ - who seems to have found all those brain cells he'd lost after talking to Mom - and Paige discussed that they would NEVER LIE TO EACH OTHER (snort!...yeah, like that's gonna work!  Where do the think they live anyway, Rome, Iowa??).  This way, we, the audience will have been told now for what I think might be the 78th time that they WON'T LIE, so one or the other should be lying their heads off in about 2 days.

Then a short return to Ollie and Abby, so she could tell him he scared her beating on Rafe, just in case he forgot that EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS ABOUT HER.  Then she allowed him to lick her lips.  Tastes like chicken, according to EJ.

And there was Polly Pureheart and her laawyur man in court with the EVULIST EVUL EVA Eve while the judge scolded EVUL Eve a bit but said the case could go forward - only because absolutely anyone who goes against Polly Pureheart must always be punished in as public a manner as possible.  Then EVUL Eve got all up in Polly Pureheart's adorably wizened face and said "Your mother wears army boots" or something that upset her, I can't remember what.

Back to Fadda Eric in the garden with Nicole, were Fadda Eric has decided to NOT be a priest anymore, because he's been tainted by Nicole's lady bits, so all he can do now is pursue a job modeling incontinence wear for men.  And it's all her fault..... but maybe she'll come just a bit closer.....

On the homefront, Polly Pureheart has made a mistake with Lunky J aka JJ, telling him that maybe it will be good for him and Paige to be apart.  Which seems to have made JJ smarten up ASAP.  Poor Polly - she knows that having JJ near the daughter of the EVUL one could be so terrible!  That's something she's really concerned about - a whole lot more than her dear daughter macking it up with every married man in town.  After all, Polly taught her everything she knows!  

Will JJ get mad at his mother?  Will Polly cry?  Will the EVUL win?  Not a chance in hell, folks, she's a Horton - but we can hope!

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

It's official Eric and EJ are dumber than Brady who is still to stupid to live, and they've been joined by a fourth stooge named Rafe.  It's a good thing they are pretty to look at.

Clyde needs to kill JorTam, BenOll, Dan, Jenn and her idiot children.  Then his twin brother needs to come to Salem to date Kate.  Unless Kate and Sami are finally going to acknowledge they are perfect for each other along with original recipe Nicole, and become a happily married threesome.

• Love 4
Thank God that Tammy Flue and Abigail were there to shriek helplessly and wail when Rafe fell into the fake tree.  Whew!  I'd hate to see the set get hurt.

Ha! And sadly, the fake tree is more sentient than Rafe...

• Love 2

On the homefront, Polly Pureheart has made a mistake with Lunky J aka JJ, telling him that maybe it will be good for him and Paige to be apart.  Which seems to have made JJ smarten up ASAP.  Poor Polly - she knows that having JJ near the daughter of the EVUL one could be so terrible!  That's something she's really concerned about - a whole lot more than her dear daughter macking it up with every married man in town.  After all, Polly taught her everything she knows!  

Will JJ get mad at his mother?  Will Polly cry?  Will the EVUL win?  Not a chance in hell, folks, she's a Horton - but we can hope!

Jenn was infuriating! How can she just dismiss JJ's feelings like that? I started dating my husband (of 30 years, yeah!) in high school and my parents would have never said "oh, you're so young, there are many other boys out there" even though I bet they thought that more than once way back then. Of course she was going to get a WTF? reaction from JJ. I hope JJ has a clue about his mother now.  And yes, how about she give Abigail some parental guidance before she self-destructs? 

And to think I used to LOVE Jennifer once upon a time. On the other hand, maybe I'm developing an unhealthy attachment to a teenage romance in a soap opera, lol? 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 2

JJ, SHUT UP about Fetch!

WHY do they keep acting like Eve, Paige and Theresa are from a destitute family.? Even if Shane cut off Eve and Theresa, I refuse to believe he wouldn't at least help send his Granddaughter to College. Considering his daughters, you would think he would be over the moon with Paige.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 9

Dan will be busy with Eve and I hope they have the decency not to ruin Eric further by putting him with that woman who birthed that mistress, so the writers need to stop the madness and fast track the Eric/Nicole reunion so we can move on.

Just because Jen is his mother doesn't mean JJ needs to constantly tell her what a good and noble person she is and that she deserves happiness. Will is poof of that.

I'm surprised Kayla didn't take the opportunity to tell Marlena what a big meanie Sami is for destroying Abby's life.

• Love 2
I'm surprised Kayla didn't take the opportunity to tell Marlena what a big meanie Sami is for destroying Abby's life.

Kayla probably realizes Marlena doesn't care that much. I mean, sure, she's happy to lecture Sami, but only when she doesn't have something else going on. Notice I didn't write "something more important" going on, because everything is more important to Marlena than Sami.

• Love 4

Uh, were Daniel and Kristen bonding? Granted, I was fast-forwarding through their scenes, but in fast-forward motion that's what it sort of looked like.

Nicole: "I don't understand." Yeah, I don't get it either. Me and Nicole are sharing the same brain today. Someone help me!

Eric: "I blame you, Nicole!" Okay, blaming her for the shredding stuff made sense, but whatever he was talking today was a little weird.

It feels like JJ keeps praising Jennifer and Abigail to atone for not previously liking Daniel.

I kind of felt sorry for Eve that her daughter was turning down Stanford.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I see the writers are determined to destroy Eric. 

I am officially on Sami, Kate, and Nicole's side from here on out.  I'm sure the writers will eventually make them all do something that will have me face palming and rolling my eyes, but I detest all the other idiots in Salem so much more.

Why can't Daniel and Kristen make themselves useful, and kill each other?

• Love 2
Eric: "I blame you, Nicole!" Okay, blaming her for the shredding stuff made sense, but whatever he was talking today was a little weird.

How ironic that at the moment he's left the priesthood (well, decided not to re-enter it, I guess) he appears to be buying into the more reactionary wing of said priesthood.

Namely, it's all Nicole's fault that she's an attractive woman who makes Eric want her so much that he can't stay a priest even though he really wants to. The only reason he's not actually saying, "Get thee behind me, Eve!" is because there's already an Evil Eve in Salem.

• Love 2

Damn, the sexual tension between Kristen and Daniel is certainly something much more interesting than that between Daniel and Jennifer.

Why did Daniel's dream not include lies told to him by Chloe and Stephanie?  Because they're not on the show any more?

• Love 2

These writers are living in the dark ages.  According to them, it's Kate's fault Rafe cheated, it's Sami's fault EJ cheated, and it's Nicole's fault Eric wants to have sex with her more than he wants to be a priest.  Someone needs to clue them in that it is 2014, and being beyond stupid does not excuse these idiot guys from taking responsibility for their actions and choices.

• Love 5

Sami and Kate can become the new couple in Salem.  Kate is a jealous, vindictive cougar, and Sami is a jealous, vindictive tick.  They deserve each other. 

I am surprised Kate hasn't taken a liking to Ben, just to prove that she can still get a man.  Then maybe Clyde could pursue her to the point of stalking to save his little boy from the clutches of the bad woman.    I find this aspect of what's going on in Salem disastrously BORING.  I don't care about Clyde or Ben or Jordan.

Eric is ridiculous. I'd say he was being ridiculous, but I think that this is a permanent thing with him.

Daniel and Kristen are showing more sexual tension in their scenes than in all the other allegedly sexually tense scenes on this show in a long time.

I cannot concentrate on any of Eve's scenes because I'm too busy wondering if her side boob is going to pop out of her dress. 

Weird observation: Why are all the office doors in Salem on the far back wall and why do they all open inwardly? 

• Love 3

I love how horrified Jenn was that Aidan didn't recognize her at first--and with her hair in that stupid bun, who could blame him?  I am so done with this law suit about Jack's book rights. can't they have Eve and Jennifer arguing over their kids being together without dragging the vets into it?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 1

I'm thinking that Kristen and Daniel will have sort of a Jan/Shawn-in-the-cage thing while Eric, in order to avoid Nicole, turns to Jen.

I am surprised Kate hasn't taken a liking to Ben, just to prove that she can still get a man.

Kate knows she can get men. And just look at her - of course she can get a man. She's more attractive than many of the younger women.

• Love 2

WTF Jenn, calling your own son a creep. Damn bitch. LMAO oh JJ calling Jenn the best mother. Is he back on drugs?

Why the fuck is Dan leaning all on Kristen? For someone you're holding hostage, that's kind of creepy. WTF is up with this hostage story, I'm not understanding it. What is Kristen's motives, I haven't been paying attention to it. He's always getting all up in Kristen's face, I'm expecting him to put his tongue down her throat and his hand up her dress.

Eric you and I will be friends because I hate Nicole too. Angry Eric is better than flavorless Eric.

Then there's judgmental expressionless RoboMar, there are just no words for her.

• Love 1

Oh for Pete's sake! Really Ben! What Abby did is different than what Kate did because Abby is sorry? These people are useless. If I was Abby I would fake remorse because everyone is giving her a pass. I can't believe there is not one person who isn't questioning what the hell she was thinking by sleeping with an engaged man.

I actually think Abby is faking the remorse.  Its how she behaves when confronting Sami that makes me think this.  She rubs it in Sami's face and tries to make Sami feel inferior.  I think Abby's behavior with her friends and family is learned behavior along the lines of "the harder I am on myself the more punishment I'll evade" and to a degree the Horton's are propping Abby up because she presents the front that she feels bad. And they hate Sami and EJ.

• Love 3

I am so done with this law suit about Jack's book rights.

I find this whole story odd.  I think that with a character death as generally as unpopular as Jack's the show would go one of two ways, avoid the reminder or go all in.  As it is, its like they are poking an exposed nerve that just makes me angry at Jennifer all over again whenever they mention Jack's name in a way that isn't "Abigail your father would be so disappointed"

If I were writing this thing, Eve would reveal at the hearing that when Jack escaped Afghanistan he found Eve first and she helped him in the initial stages of his recovery.  And in what universe would Jennifer and Eve sue each other while Frankie, who is a lawyer, is nowhere on scene?  Its insanity.   Go all in or don't bother. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2