Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I thought it was already established that Clyde was abusive towards Ben. Or was it just Jordan? I never cared enough about any of them to figure it out.

I'm not sure, either. I think it was implied but they never bothered to flesh out the past other than to say Jordan was running from Clyde for whatever reason (mom's death?).

Wait I missed something... Hope said Bo was Roman's only brother... so we're going to ignore Frankie and Max, writers.

I thought that was weird, too. I thought there were more Brady Boys but hell, I know nothing about the olden days. ETA: See below: adoptive. I guess they mean Brady born?

According to Wiki:

Half brothers

• Roman Brady
  • Frankie Brady (adoptive)
  • Max Brady (adoptive)
  • Philip Kiriakis

Half sisters

• Kimberly Brady
  • Kayla Brady
  • Isabella Toscano
Edited by swtrgrl

She was very, very good on AMC, where she played a sex slave.

I listened to the DC Podcast ages ago and they didn't like her there neither. LOL.

However this is the most lines Lani has had since being on.

LMFAOOOOO all these guns and tasers Hope has, you would think Hope could had killed Aiden by herself. Yet I get it, she was so in love with him. But beware all men Hope is not nice and sweet any longer. I love it.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

So Ben had a psychotic break? Makes sense given what we have seen him doing. He may not fit the legal definition of "insanity" but, he is clearly mentally ill. I have no doubt his creepy father did unspeakable things to both his children. No excuse, just one explanation among possible others.

I hate stories with endangered babies and/or children.

I really don't like vigilante/torturer Hope. At all. Make that go away, please.

• Love 6

Normally I hate flashbacks of things that just happened.  But that "Bye Mama!" thing is gold.  GOLD!  I hope they show it every day.

Of course JJ is more competent than the actual police.  I kind of like crazy Hope. 

To those speculating that Abigail is going to learn something from this experience:  no. 

• Love 7

I love Hope going badass.

"No more whore."  LOL

Did Show show us Chad and Abby getting out of the cabin?  How did I miss that?

No comments about Ciara hugging Theo?  I thought he didn't like that.

How long till somebody complains at that hotel that there's a baby crying in the next room?

This was a really good episode today.

• Love 1

I really don't like vigilante/torturer Hope. At all. Make that go away, please.

Me either.  For some reason, that taser scene bothered me more than all the things Ben has done. 

Normally I hate flashbacks of things that just happened.  But that "Bye Mama!" thing is gold.  GOLD!  I hope they show it every day.

Me too.  I loved it when I saw it in the promo a few weeks back, loved it on Friday and still loving it today. Wonder how many takes it took to get it that perfect.

• Love 3

I thought today was great! Usual annoyances aside, this was exciting stuff and it kept me on the edge of my seat. I mean MILES better than that stupid elephant story or any of the other slow, plodding storylines we stuck it out through. I'm enjoying it. 

I've enjoyed seeing Hope in badass mode for sure, but she just about went over the line today with the taser. Not sure why Roman wasn't more alarmed that Hope has gone 'round the bend on this one -- it's not like she's been subtle or anything. He should at least put a tail on her, right? Poor Ciara's the only one really concerned about Hope's behavior. 

Loved seeing JJ in action! He's a natural at this policework : ) I also loved seeing him be all brotherly to Abigail. 

I think Ben's had a complete break, once the jig was up. I hope they don't drag out this baby alone in a motel room for very long. All I could think, beyond that the baby's probably dehydrated, is that he'd roll into one of those crevices that Ben left among all the pillows and suffocate. But it's exciting, no doubt about that. 

• Love 5

I love Hope going badass.

"No more whore." LOL

Did Show show us Chad and Abby getting out of the cabin? How did I miss that?

No comments about Ciara hugging Theo? I thought he didn't like that.

How long till somebody complains at that hotel that there's a baby crying in the next room?

This was a really good episode today.

Agreed.

"No more whore."......line of the day!

Roman.....NOW you think that Hope needs time away? 

Ciara, you should take off with Chase. Its not like your mom would notice.

Paging Dr Marlena Evans! We need two psych evals on Hope Brady and Ben Weston......STAT!

What demon possessed individual sends a text saying "freak" to a child with Autism?

ATTN: Salem Residents! I would like to inform you that phones running IOS have a blocking feature to block unwanted calls or texts. Several blocking apps are available on the Play Store on Android devices. Unless you are running BB10, and therefore are screwed as far as blocking apps, this should solve the problem!

JJ and basically an unknown cop arrest the Necktie Killer. That says alot about the Salem PD!

Well, I guess we are FINALLY hearing some of the cause of Ben's mental issues....and his past. Better late than never I suppose.

So, Abifail was due in January. She slept with Chad in June. Case closed on that one!

• Love 2

Show couldn't even give us a full day of Abby and Chad flambé.

As was the case with Clyde, the show had a character/actor with potential (Ben), characters who could have stepped into the Dimera and Kiriakis shoes of villainy, but rather than use them in this capacity, the show destroyed them by having them go completely OTT. However, there is still potential for Ben (not that the dopes in charge will use the mental illness route to allow him to walk), I mean Andre is walking around free, and he too was a serial killer and is responsible for way more deaths than Ben.

Hope is in the midst of a complete breakdown, naturally, the Rafe will come to her rescue because he is the new AWESOME.

Can we the viewers get together and collectively open up a can of whup ass on whoever is being mean to Theo?

• Love 4

Fantastic show today, as some of you have already said.  I didn't ff through one second of it.

I'm going to say something I've never said, never thought I would say, and doubt I'll ever say again.  KM wasn't bad today, especially in the fire/rescue/frantic scenes today.  Not bad at all.  The best I've seen from her ever.  

Okay, I said it, and I fully expect to never say it again.  After all, I'm sure she's going to written as Princess Poopella as soon as Jenn gets on the scene.  Too bad for Jenn, she's been so much better in every scene she's had without KM in it.

RSW did a very good job today with the crazy, from beginning to end.  I haven't enjoyed him much in this role which surprised me, since I thought he went from adequate to decent in the Prospect Park AMC reboot.  On Days, he's been pretty one-dimensional, not much more than an Abby propper.  But these past few days especially, he's done a good job.  

"Bye Bye Momma" is going to be a go-to line for me, mostly because of how he delivered it.  

JJ is back and in good form.  I thought he was good today. I'm really happy that Casey Moss is getting a decent storyline.  He's good as a cop and Lani has CHOPS, the way she took down Ben!  She's a Prospect Park refugee from the AMC reboot and I'm liking her more and more.

I really don't want Chase to be the one who is torturing Theo.  I really hope they don't go that route.  I like the actor and it would be a cheap shot if they go there. Ciara and Theo, along with Chase and Joey are a pretty decent group IMO so far.   Ciara is really getting better, I think.

OH!  Crazy Hope.  This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm appreciating this aspect of her, even if, in the process, she's less than a good mother.  Bo's death has broken something in her and seeing that play out is better story, IMO, than seeing her snap back to being the old Hope right away.  A ton of crap has gone down in her life, so her being single-minded ( and guilt-ridden) about finding the guys who abused Bo makes sense to me.  I'm liking it.  

Baby Blanket is cute.  And the biggest preemie since my father's mother gave birth to "premature" twins 6 months after marrying my grandfather, each of the babies weighing in at over 7pounds....

Edited by boes
  • Love 13

I also am fine with the way Hope is behaving. She thought she had moved on, that guy tried to kill her, Bo shows up, then dies. She can be as crazy as she wants to be. Also, Kristian Alfonso is looking great.

• Love 5

nuCiera, nuChase, nuClaire & nuTheo need to go. Joey can stay but needs a girlfriend. I was hoping Ben would be of sound mind and realize that Abby, Chad & the baby were okay & that his life is over. I feel cheated that he went crazy & doesn't get to pay for the murders & realize what he has done. Hope sure has a lot of ammunition in that house. How did Aiden not find it in the toy box bench? It was only under a couple of extra pillows. Didn't he hide his fashionable black murder outfit in there?

• Love 1

Too obvious. That's clearly what they want us to think.

Perhaps, it is Andre. He has no problem eliminating family members....It is too bad that Johnny was not aged, it would have been cool to see Theo with him...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I know I'm late with some of this. On Belle being a lawyer now - I only know her character from the Shawn/Mimi/Philip storyline, so I'm okay with it. Salem needs its one go-to lawyer for everything now that Aiden's gone. Is she going to defend Ben?

I am enjoying Rafe a lot. His dry delivery frequently cracks me up. I know many here find him smug and sarcastic, but I think his sarcasm is often funny. His looks don't hurt either, of course.

About the Theresa/Brady love scene: omg the only thing I could think about was how Brady is so perfectly hairless. He doesn't even have hair on his *arms* for crying out loud. I just kept thinking that I bet Theresa has more body hair (peach fuzz, you know).

• Love 2

However, there is still potential for Ben (not that the dopes in charge will use the mental illness route to allow him to walk), I mean Andre is walking around free, and he too was a serial killer and is responsible for way more deaths than Ben.

Even if Ben were kept out of prison on an insanity plea, he almost killed the Horton princess. He can't ever come back from that. 

• Love 6

I also am fine with the way Hope is behaving. She thought she had moved on, that guy tried to kill her, Bo shows up, then dies. She can be as crazy as she wants to be. Also, Kristian Alfonso is looking great.

Hope has never been one to sit around and cry into pillow while eating Ben/Jerry's ice cream. Thats why I find it annoying some are saying (no one here but on social media) that they dont like the route of which Hope is going. If anyone knows Hope’s history enough they should know she can be hard headed and stubborn at times, hence, why Bo always felt the need to protect her harm. I'm no doctor but she's looking like a perfect candidate for PTSD. Rafe even told her she needs to talk to someone and she shot it down real quick. She feels revenge will ease her pain and make her feel better. Hope isn't thinking of long term consequences at all, just short term.

As for the texting, I, too, hope it's not Chase doing that to Theo. The actor is getting better and I'm warming up to him as Chase I don't want him turning on a dime. I believe Chase can be a good kid, hes just a confused one and needs guidance.

• Love 4

Hope has never been one to sit around and cry into pillow while eating Ben/Jerry's ice cream. Thats why I find it annoying some are saying (no one here but on social media) that they dont like the route of which Hope is going. If anyone knows Hope’s history enough they should know she can be hard headed and stubborn at times, hence, why Bo always felt the need to protect her harm. I'm no doctor but she's looking like a perfect candidate for PTSD. Rafe even told her she needs to talk to someone and she shot it down real quick. She feels revenge will ease her pain and make her feel better. Hope isn't thinking of long term consequences at all, just short term.

As for the texting, I, too, hope it's not Chase doing that to Theo. The actor is getting better and I'm warming up to him as Chase I don't want him turning on a dime. I believe Chase can be a good kid, hes just a confused one and needs guidance.

It is also that stubbornness, that got Hope ensnared into Ernersto's trap on the cruise of deception that led to her "death". She has always been a woman of action..

• Love 2

1. "No more whore."......line of the day!

2. JJ and basically an unknown cop arrest the Necktie Killer. That says alot about the Salem PD!

3.So, Abifail was due in January. She slept with Chad in June. Case closed on that one!

1. BWAH. Go, Ben!

2. I've been thinking this the past 24 hours. Love it. Go, JJ!

3. Um, that means Chad ISN'T the father.  July, August, September, October, November, December, January - 7 months. 

WRT Rafe: he's always been that to the writers: savior to Sami, Nicole, etc... Blech.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 3

Imo ChAd will be the father in spite of the fact that he is not the father.

Just like the fact that Bo was not the father of Zack and Ciara....lol.....It was more believable when Andrew was at first believed to be Victor's thanks to Emma, only to turn out to be Shane's..What I loved about that storyline was the test for Shane was, would he be able to love Andrew, despite being Victor's..It turned out he was able to see beyond that....Andrew was Kim's son and that was all that mattered..He delivered Andrew, just like John delivered Belle, Jack delivered Abigail and Sonny delivered Arianna Grace..I loved the complexity with Kim and Shane...I doubt the show will ever give us that type of layered writing again....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I'm also fine with Direct Action Hope.  That Dr. is lucky she's only tasered him.

Hopefully the Ben/Abby/Baby Skeeter story won't be dragged out for another week.  I need a break from all of them, including Chad.  Sorry Billy Flynn, but your character mooning over a dishrag like Abigail isn't doing you any favors.

• Love 3

I have to say the Abby/Ben scenes were interesting and RSW and KM were pretty good--I especially liked how Abby was speaking so calmly to Ben while he regressed before her eyes.  Good work from both of them today.

I really enjoyed the Rafe/Chase scenes, especially Rafe's telling Chase that he isn't defined by his dad's actions and Chase's admitting to feeling alone and realizing he doesn't have any family kind of broke my heart--the Bradys will adopt him in a second.  The actor playing Chase is a truly good actor and I hope the show gives him a good story line and not insipid teen drama.

• Love 4

Wow the location shoot where Hope and Malcolm are at is amazing. Even the camera direction.

I like these early scenes with Chase and Rafe. Reflection moment. Rafe sees himself in Chase Im sure.

Of course Kate knows Rafe. I mean she really knows Rafe

• Love 4

I really hope Hope tasering someone in a warehouse wasn't the romantic location shoots Dena talked about back in the summer. LOL It was really nice to see somewhere though that wasn't a fixed set we always see.

Rafe was great with Chase, so I guess he'll be his new daddy figure along with Ciara. The going in for the kiss was odd though since they just had a conversation about him being apart of the family and were so "bro and sis" recently. 

So I take it Chad was the one who found the baby since he was holding his son he doesn't know is his at the hospital? Since he took off so quickly.  Chad made it back to Mammoth Falls and found the baby before their police did, but they should have actually showed that instead of the shadow. The baby doesn't cry bloody murder with real daddy like he did in Ben's arms. Loved seeing JJ there with Chad and the baby too, good continuity to have him be there even though he wasn't shown for the rest of the episode.

Justin hears about Ben's set up for Chad and his response is "my god?" LOL He's an idiot. He owes Chad a major apology. He and the police should also be taking some blame, since if they weren't idiots that followed the trail Ben wanted them to follow may have devoted all that time and resources to catching the real personr. Before Will figured it out and got killed for it. Only Rafe gets brownie points for not being an idiot following Ben's trail, but Justin was the worst. So Chad really shouldn't ever give him the time of day.

That last scene with Ben was great with him in his cell and the chilling look on his face. I hope that's not the last of him. There's more story to tell since the baby daddy part is still unkown.

• Love 3

Chad told Rafe that Ben is the killer. Why didn't he tell Chase that his father isn't a serial killer?

So I guess the writers decided to

get rid of Eve

around the time these episodes were filmed. That's why Eduardo is suddenly being thrown in Kate's direction. So she will have slept with EJ/Stefano and now Rafe/Eduardo. They don't even bother to chem test him with anyone else first. 

I like how we cut to JJ and Chad at the hospital with the baby with no explanation as to how he was found. What was the point of having him go missing for one episode?

• Love 6

Boy, Hope either shot him or stop playing games. Hes itches away from getting out the rope.

Kate and Eduardo... I knew this was coming. Kate loves the bad ones. And whos this woman in Eduardo's room.

KM is the worst crier Ive seen in a minute.

• Love 1

Miriam is giving Eduardo a talking to he doesn't like it. Shes hot though.

Abby got her baby back. Poor kid. I feel sorry for him already.

Rafe is calling Hope and hoping she doesn't do anything crazy.

And Hope and Dr M are fighting. Hope is losin.

CLIFFHANGER TUESDAY

Carnally! ;-)

1. I really hope Hope tasering someone in a warehouse wasn't the romantic location shoots Dena talked about back in the summer. 

2. So I take it Chad was the one who found the baby since he was holding his son he doesn't know is his at the hospital? 

3. Justin hears about Ben's set up for Chad and his response is "my god?" LOL He's an idiot. He owes Chad a major apology. 

1. Knowing this Days 50th shit; this probably IS romantic to her.

2. The editing made it unclear but either Chad or JJ. I'm okay with either.

3. I was screaming that at the recapper today. LOL Sorry, Carol!

And WHAT? Kate slept with EJ? When did THAT happen? I know this will be Eduardo/Rafe but she slept with EJ? (Someone said this above)

Edited by swtrgrl

Wow the location shoot where Hope and Malcolm are at is amazing. Even the camera direction.

I like these early scenes with Chase and Rafe. Reflection moment. Rafe sees himself in Chase Im sure.

I loved the darkness with the taser sparking.  Very nice lighting.

Why didn't Rafe tell Chase that Aiden wasn't the serial killer?

Ciara and Chase's scene was sweet.

Who the hell is that woman in Eddie's room?

• Love 1

Why didn't Rafe tell Chase that Aiden wasn't the serial killer?

Good question. We are talking about Salem-time. Rafe had just left Chase so Chase will know via Internet or maybe Rafe or Ciara will tell him eventually.

My caption said Miriam.

Simply theorizing, as I know nothing concrete about anything -- I wonder if she's not his handler and he's either in the ISA or a similar organization. And that his deadbeat dad disappearances with both the Hernandez and Larson families are related to him being a spy agent kind of guy.  

I did like seeing Kate with him -- age-appropriate and didn't make my skin crawl. 

• Love 3