Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

Well, I think it would have been better if Todd had brought this up before...such as saying one night, hey I want to make love. Let me see your hair under there. Maybe that would have gotten the point across or something more direct the next day if not. Anyway, it sounds like something she needs in the night, right? But, she could put it on after they have sex? Or, is he saying he never wants her to wear it?

Between, I'm expanding upon 'maverick's point a little :)  No man wants to have to.  Women who wear scarves to bed already know that they're not sexy and the men who are sleeping with women who wear scarves to bed deal with it because it's not worth risking not having sex for.   'ladybug mentioned ashy knees and elbows and all manner of foolishness that we might be dealing with as a trade off. The theory of which makes me salty as hell.  But I don't see Todd as the type to do this (that's how I see Peter).  I digress.  I don't think he's saying never wear it, think he's saying, if you know you wanna get some, lose the prairie hat.  In the fair is fair column, the guy might be telling her hey you don't have to put up with not-sexy from me, how bout a little reciprocity here?   To answer your question, it's not technically a "need" but for women of color with chemically treated hair, this is how to achieve the dual purpose of protecting against pillow rubbing friction and prolonging the amount of wear time of the hairstyle between salon visits by literally keeping the hair in its original position.  <-- yes, that is as much a pain in the ass as it reads.  The reason I just don't get it in Kandi's case is (a) as pointed out above, the hair she's protecting isn't hers, although I get that it's probably habit at this point, (b) if you don't want to wear a bonnet, you can achieve the same protection with a silk pillowcase, © the girl's a kazilliionaire, she can have a hairdresser on staff, and (d) she's the one angling to pregnant right this minute.  

p.s. putting it back on afterwards defeats the purpose.  Hair is (presumably) matted from sweat and getting it wet deadens the style by flattening it or from having to clean it.  Anticipating the question that comes next:  it wouldn't get wet anyway, black hair is dense, it's not  necessary to shampoo it more than once a week.   Sorry if that sounded like a psa for black history month, it was hard for me to explain using fewer words.

• Love 4

ZW, please share more.  As a girl with thin cornsilk little white girl hair that ALL men loved to run their fingers through, my biggest problem was not being able to style it to do shit other than just lay there, limply.  I am getting a whole new education about hair, and gaining a whole new appreciation for my Jane Goodall (if it were even that thick or that pretty on a good day) hair.  :-0

Now I'm wondering if Kandi sports the bonnet even when dressing up for lurve - does she have a matching bonnet for her crotchless panties & garter belt?  How about  dominatrix look - does she forgo the bonnet for a black leather hood?  I need to know these thangs.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 1

You know, hair aside, Kandi issues orders. She wants a Greg in Todd, even though he'll get shit from her about making money on his own.

She orders him to have sex! In front of her friend! She's virtually a newlywed! It's sad.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 1

Okay, thanks. I don't have personal experience, so I respect and accept what you're saying :)

Like I said, I'm just glad to be alone. I can wear my thick-rimmed ugly glasses all day and not flat-iron my hair and don't have to worry about what some dude is thinking about it. Kandi got married-what they do or she does is fine, but it's not for me. Hearing Todd not say that he'd remarry Kandi and all he brings up is a scarf and finances. While I'd think Kandi not sticking up for him would be a huge reason....but anyway, the reasons he gave are in my opinion just ridiculous. I'd never ever ever ever ever want to marry someone who put looks before love. To each their own. I'm just not looking for some hot, passionate sex deal. Vomit.

• Love 1

To each their own. I'm just not looking for some hot, passionate sex deal. Vomit.

Girl you know we can do this and still be single right?  LOL!!!   I'm just pulling your chain.   His phrasing might be off but I think he's saying I put up with your mother and your version of being a boss, the least you can do is maintain the sexy for me.   Whatever you did to get him, etc. 

walnut, I'm all out on style tips lovie, I'm just here for maintenance, if he's complaining about the way the curls fall, we've gotta update that match.com profile.  Now that I can help with.  ;)

To each their own. I'm just not looking for some hot, passionate sex deal. Vomit.

Girl you know we can do this and still be single right?  LOL!!!   I'm just pulling your chain.   His phrasing might be off but I think he's saying I put up with your mother and your version of being a boss, the least you can do is maintain the sexy for me.   Whatever you did to get him, etc. 

walnut, I'm all out on style tips lovie, I'm just here for maintenance, if he's complaining about the way the curls fall, we've gotta update that match.com profile.  Now that I can help with.  ;)

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 4

Kandi's request for counseling is probably just for the show, and evidently, for her, about more sex, but I think it's going to backfire on her. Hopefully, Todd will bring up all the disrespect- from MJ and others, and it'll be something to see Kandi hear it from a professional.

• Love 3

Kandi's request for counseling is probably just for the show, and evidently, for her, about more sex, but I think it's going to backfire on her. Hopefully, Todd will bring up all the disrespect- from MJ and others, and it'll be something to see Kandi hear it from a professional.

Could be, but for a woman with a sex toy empire and bills herself as highly sexual and almost an expert, this is hardly a good marketing strategy. What good is bringing a swing, anal beads, feathers, whips, chains and various dildos that come with jumper cables and you can't even get the basic shit right - taking the babushka off your head. Men are visual creatures.  Kandi should know that. I figured these 2 kids would have problems, I just never figured that they would be sexual in nature and so damn soon. 

Don Juan is officially a huge flaming jackass. He likened Todd having sex to a curved back, hunched humping chihuahua. How much more disrespectful could he be to his employer's husband. Yet still Kandi lets such statements be made without reprimanding him. 

• Love 3

ITA with the Don Juan business.  Guy couldn't BE any more disrespectful if he wanted to.  I say time to hit the door, bud.  Go find somebody else to suck off of.  Ugh.  Kandi not ever holding his feet to the fire just makes me hate her. And I USED to like her. Not so much anymore.  Between Don Juan and her idiot Mother, ugh. Just ugh.

• Love 2

Kandi reminds me of people who win the lottery and are broke in a few years. She has no sense whatsoever. And I'm not sure her Bedroom Kandi is doing that well, judging by the way she shoves it down readers' throats on her Facebook page every day. No pun intended.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the first look, yet, but I'm on the fence with the bonnet. I don't perm, but I still wear one, and I sleep on a satin pillowcase. Breakage got me once, it's not getting my ass twice.

But I digress.

I will say, if you're about to get it in, then I would recommend taking it off. As it's been established, bonnets and rollers aren't sexy, but, if you don't want your hair to look like dreams deferred in the morning, then, you do what you have to do. It's just part of beauty maintenance.

However, if it's 3 am, the rod sets are in, the bonnet is on, and you both get in the mood, well, dude's just gonna have to deal with it, or take a cold shower. Or snatch it off in the heat of the moment. Mind the rollers, though.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 4

While watching Todd and Kandi at the marriage councilor, I kept waiting the other shoe to drop named "Mama Joyce".

I am incredulous about Cynthia's claims that Pete helped start Ebony Magazine and is well-connected in the biz.

• Love 1

Cynthia must be suffering from the same "my husband did this and that" disease as Yolonda Foster. Ebony was founded in 1945 by John H. Johnson, so unless Peter is about 90 years old..... didn't happen. And I didn't hear Cynthia mention Ebony. She said he co-founded Source Entertainment.

• Love 2

Cynthia must be suffering from the same "my husband did this and that" disease as Yolonda Foster. Ebony was founded in 1945 by John H. Johnson, so unless Peter is about 90 years old..... didn't happen. And I didn't hear Cynthia mention Ebony. She said he co-founded Source Entertainment.

She did say Source. Annnnnd I don't buy that either. I think Cynthia is just pretty gullible and easily manipulated so Peter says this stuff and she just buys it.

• Love 3

You're right, it was Source, but I didn't believe it for a second. Was it this First View or on a rerun of last season the other gals made a dig about Peter wasting all of Cynthia's money?

Peter even joked about it in this one!! Said how the event that night was paid for, $10,000, and he "didn't have to borrow it from you" to which Cynthia said something about how he's come on up in the world. Yeah, only because you're clinging to your peach on this show so you can fund his schemes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Peter even joked about it in this one!! Said how the event that night was paid for, $10,000, and he "didn't have to borrow it from you" to which Cynthia said something about how he's come on up in the world. Yeah, only because you're clinging to your peach on this show so you can fund his schemes.

I've always been pretty confused by Cynthia and Peter. What brings them together? I cant imagine that it is that hard for Cynthia to find a successful guy who would love her as arm candy. If Cynthia just likes being the alpha is a relationship I would think she could find someone closer to Gregg or Todd who is more willing to go with the flow about a lot of things. I just don't get it with Cynthia and Peter. They act like they're at that "we've been married so long that we sort of hate eachother, but it's easier to stay together." point, but they've only been married a few years. Of course they both acted like they were being forced to marry eachother when they were planning their wedding. Just the most uncomfortable couple. I get it with Peter, he's a con and Cynthia is an easy mark, but Cynthia? I mean Peter is old and broke and an asshole.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

I've always been pretty confused by Cynthia and Peter. What brings them together? I cant imagine that it is that hard for Cynthia to find a successful guy who would love her as arm candy. If Cynthia just likes being the alpha is a relationship I would think she could find herself a

Both Peter and Cynthia have pretty much admitted it was the sex!  This is partly why when she had no sex drive due to her fibroids that they started having issues (that were not financial).  I don't have a problem believing that Peter is putting down something other than the check.

Both Peter and Cynthia have pretty much admitted it was the sex! This is partly why when she had no sex drive due to her fibroids that they started having issues (that were not financial). I don't have a problem believing that Peter is putting down something other than the check.

Seriously? I'm younger than her (but in the same basic age bracket) and the idea of getting married for good sex would be crazy to me now. I may have mistaken that for a relationship 10-15 years ago, but now? God no! Don't get me wrong, by all means conitune to get your card stamped, but marriage? That's a whole different ball of wax. Maybe that's why Cynthia looked so visuably miserable during her wedding planning. Maybe she knew this was a bad idea, but Peter was forcing her to make an honest man out of him or give up the cookie jar.

• Love 1

Seriously? I'm younger than her (but in the same basic age bracket) and the idea of getting married for good sex would be crazy to me now. I may have mistaken that for a relationship 10-15 years ago, but now? God no! Don't get me wrong, by all means conitune to get your card stamped, but marriage? That's a whole different ball of wax. Maybe that's why Cynthia looked so visuably miserable during her wedding planning. Maybe she knew this was a bad idea, but Peter was forcing her to make an honest man out of him or give up the cookie jar.

I'm not necessarily saying they got married because of the sex, but it seems to be what initially drove the relationship at its start.  Some people never fully develop their relationship beyond sex which ultimately causes problems, especially if they end up getting married.

I agree, Cynthia knew marrying Peter was  probably not a good idea, but she had to prove everyone else wrong.

Kandi is out of her damn mind if she doesn't think that prenup debacle isn't contributing to what's going on currently in her and Todd's marriage.  She essentially told Todd he needed to make his own money cause he can't have none of hers.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially considering Kandi's net worth; however, she then can't be upset that he's intent on booking as many jobs as possible even if they are out of town.  She can't have it both ways.  Kandi wants to leave a legacy/fund for Riley in case anything happens to her; why would she think Todd wouldn't want to do the same for his child.  And if they aren't sharing resources, then he needs to do what he needs to do.  Notice as soon as he brought up the prenup she instantly got really defensive, even going so far to physically lean away from him.    But then she wants to come back at him with her tired-ass "I wonder if he's cheating......[then in talking head] Why didn't he answer the question if he's cheating?"  I wanted to smack her.

• Love 3

I'm not necessarily saying they got married because of the sex, but it seems to be what initially drove the relationship at its start. Some people never fully develop their relationship beyond sex which ultimately causes problems, especially if they end up getting married.

I agree, Cynthia knew marrying Peter was probably not a good idea, but she had to prove everyone else wrong.

Kandi is out of her damn mind if she doesn't think that prenup debacle isn't contributing to what's going on currently in her and Todd's marriage. She essentially told Todd he needed to make his own money cause he can't have none of hers. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially considering Kandi's net worth; however, she then can't be upset that he's intent on booking as many jobs as possible even if they are out of town. She can't have it both ways. Kandi wants to leave a legacy/fund for Riley in case anything happens to her; why would she think Todd wouldn't want to do the same for his child. And if they aren't sharing resources, then he needs to do what he needs to do. Notice as soon as he brought up the prenup she instantly got really defensive, even going so far to physically lean away from him. But then she wants to come back at him with her tired-ass "I wonder if he's cheating......[then in talking head] Why didn't he answer the question if he's cheating?" I wanted to smack her.

Kandi...God bless her, she does not relate well to men at all. Everytime she has to deal with Todd I can only shake my head and bless her heart. She's not a bad person, but she is a nightmare of a wife. I don't think Todd is a saint either, but Kandi would be hard to be married to. I knew she was chocked full of crazy when she got so mad that Todd wanted to have a lawyer look at the prenup. What the fuck? That's pretty standard and the way Kandi was acting you would have thought Todd was demanding something crazy instead of just a standard legal meeting. Her reaction always made me wonder if there was something kind of outragous that Kandi didn't want a lawyer objecting to. It would be so hard to really trust Kandi in Todd's position after all the passive agressive shade she's pulled.

• Love 5

Forgot to add that Todd was completely right in his assessment of Kandi as someone who expects to get her way all the time and if she doesn't she will get difficult.  She learned that shit from her mama.

• Love 4

Forgot to add that Todd was completely right in his assessment of Kandi as someone who expects to get her way all the time and if she doesn't she will get difficult. She learned that shit from her mama.

I thought that was spot on too. Whenever Todd disagrees with her she just makes this face and walks out of the room. Funny thing is I think Kandi thinks her refusal to engage is a good thing. I guess I could see if you were raised by the one woman drama machine that is Joyce you might think a refusal to even acknowledge drama is a good thing. I don't think Kandi has a clue as to how many people (male and female) would have left her over some of the things that went down before the wedding. I would have. Being close to your parents is one thing (I am) or even having a sense of duty toward a difficult parent, but the crazy train to hell that Kandi and Mama Joyce are on is another. But if anyone points that out, Kandi just makes her "I don't like this information" face and walks out of the room...as usual. As I said, ok girl/nightmare wife.
  • Love 4

I truly hope the therapist spent time on Todd's legitimate issue. That is his main issue; why would they brush past that? I would not have gone through with the wedding. And it is not because of the money, but because, as Todd was trying to articulate, IMO, he realized he was an x in the equation and her issues with money, reasons of fear and holding on so tightly, and never being seen as having been taken advantage of, are much more deeply rooted than he may have realized. He is right, I use to love her on this show, and then I saw how emotionally immature she is when it comes to confrontation, communication, and compromise.

In addition, 1980 called and they want their old-fashioned, incorrect, and superficial therapy advice back. I hope this is all for TV because that therapist went at this the wrong way. A date and a list?! Really? No. That is the worse advice. I would have done it differently. If you are having distance and detachment issues, even unrequited love, look up a book titled The Passion Paradox which is newly titled for marketing reasons, The Passion Trap. Eye-opening. No, I did not write it and I have no affiliation with those who did.

Cynthia and Peter- he was setting the "they are lying on me to get back at you" stage with Cynthia. He knows what is coming.

I admit Porscha's hair looks great! If I wore weVe, and I am not opposed, I would try her line.

• Love 1

I truly hope the therapist spent time on Todd's legitimate issue. That is his main issue; why would they brush past that? I would not have gone through with the wedding. And it is not because of the money, but because, as Todd was trying to articulate, IMO, he realized he was an x in the equation and her issues with money, reasons of fear and holding on so tightly, and never being seen as having been taken advantage of, are much more deeply rooted than he may have realized. He is right, I use to love her on this show, and then I saw how emotionally immature she is when it comes to confrontation, communication, and compromise.

In addition, 1980 called and they want their old-fashioned, incorrect, and superficial therapy advice back. I hope this is all for TV because that therapist went at this the wrong way. A date and a list?! Really? No. That is the worse advice. I would have done it differently. If you are having distance and detachment issues, even unrequited love, look up a book titled The Passion Paradox which is newly titled for marketing reasons, The Passion Trap. Eye-opening. No, I did not write it and I have no affiliation with those who did.

Cynthia and Peter- he was setting the "they are lying on me to get back at you" stage with Cynthia. He knows what is coming.

I admit Porscha's hair looks great! If I wore weVe, and I am not opposed, I would try her line.

Oh! You must not know about Dr. Blake aka Dr. Sherry.  She's the Braxton sisters on call therapist. She's utterly useless.

Well, I can't wait a week to see it again, so I'm just going to start laughing now at NeNe's Marie Antoinette meets Phil Spector looking ass wig. Ya'll saw that in the previews, yes?

• Love 3

Tonight even moreso than yesterday, I am really praying she didn't let the moment when Todd talked about the pre-nup and said something like, "I got what I needed to from that moment," about Kandi's actions during the prenup discussion. He said he is ok, but that wasn't ok as in all is well, that was ok in that "I see how she reLly is and feels avout me so I'll act accordingly" that is a bad sign when someone resigns like that. They are detaching and checking out WHICH actually makes tge attractiveness of their mate fade to them. Serious stuff.

• Love 2

I could not help but laugh that NeNe's therapist went all out to tell her that she had to behave herself as well as the other housewives when they have their session. Yet, NeNe is the one who can't handle it and runs out. The only thing she missed was saying, "This isn't about me! I don't need counseling to get along. It's all about YOU ALL!"

But she came from a good place, right?  LOL.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, I can't wait a week to see it again, so I'm just going to start laughing now at NeNe's Marie Antoinette meets Phil Spector looking ass wig. Ya'll saw that in the previews, yes?

LOL. They were also talking about that on WWHL and Andy asked, "What would you call that?" I love your take! My first thought was "Bride of Frankenstein." All she needed was a gray streak up the side. Looks like fright night for sure.

My immediate thought was Bride of Frankenstein, which means Gregg is the monster made of dead body parts. Yeah, it fits!

ETA: Oh, I didn't see your post before I made mine. Great minds think alike! Or, maybe we both are of a, uh, more "mature" generation. ;)

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Kandi sure can make some stinkass faces when she doesn't get the answer she expects out of Todd. Either their marriage is truly in trouble, or this entire set-up for a storyline is getting lost on Todd, who has no interest in participating. She's trying to have a conversation and he's texting. THAT to me is a big problem in relationships, when neither partner can let go of their electronics for 5 minutes. Kandi is just as bad.

I liked Porsha's hair with the blonde streaks. It softens her face somewhat. WHAT was the mystery meat in the frying pan? It looked like sausage, with scrambled eggs on the plate, but with her one can never be sure.

• Love 3

I suspect that part of the issue is that Todd has no interest in discussing all their marital issues on screen. So while he recognizes it's part of the "story line" he's only going to give the bare minimum. Plus he knows exactly how Kandi is going to react.....with the rolling of her eyes and not wanting to get into it. Which is exactly what she did. If I knew that every conversation we had with differing views would get that reaction, I would multitask too.

Loved that Todd recognized that Dr. Sherry(?) didn't help them resolve anything or provide any realistic solutions, you know, cause she sucks.

• Love 3

Wow, the world turns. When they came on the show, K and P were both doing real good. Affluent, successful, P had a brand new handsome husband and a baby on the way.

In her first appearances, MJ was thought of as sage and peace loving. Ha!

P, well, we all know about that. But Kandi's marriage just shredding itself in front of you? It's effing tragic for me to watch.

• Love 3

I want to know what Porsha was cooking? And why was it a secret lol.

Nene's hair wow lol, gave me a good giggle this morning.

Phaedra getting emotional about her friendship with Kandy then bam! Nene's wig lol.

• Love 2

It was worth it all just to see the latest curly blonde wigstrosity Nene was sporting in the "coming up next" tease. I may not have had a christmas, but sweet baby satan sent me a prezzie! hee

Yeah, she has gone off the deep end at last with the wigs; just when you thought they couldn't get any worse.

• Love 2

The Aveda salon where I get my hair done sells wigs, and not one of them look like the ones NeNe wears. And they cater to all colors and ages of women.

Is there a Harpo's Clown Wigs shop out there that I wasn't aware of?

• Love 4

Kandi sure can make some stinkass faces when she doesn't get the answer she expects out of Todd. Either their marriage is truly in trouble, or this entire set-up for a storyline is getting lost on Todd, who has no interest in participating. She's trying to have a conversation and he's texting. THAT to me is a big problem in relationships, when neither partner can let go of their electronics for 5 minutes. Kandi is just as bad.

That reminds me of their wedding special.  He was trying to talk to her about the pre-nup, and she was staring into her screen, texting. Doesn't get much clearer than that that she was ignoring him.  Perhaps this is payback on his part.  Not the most mature solution, if that's the case.

I don't think it's a storyline, really. Neither of them are that good of an actor.  From what I understand, the first year isn't easy, but they're at the six month mark, and already, there's problems.  Actually, these are problems that should've been resolved before they said I do. I think they both thought that these issues would work themselves out once they married, but all it did was simmer.

I hope things are better between them, now, but time will tell.  I read somewhere that once you hit 30, who you are is who you are.  Kandi is already set in her ways.  She'll never have boundaries with her mother or her staff, so Todd's going to have to find a way to deal with it, or leave.  I wouldn't be surprised if they become a bi-coastal couple.

• Love 1

I don't think Kandi & Todd will make it 2 years.

The first year of marriage can be hard for a couple, and these two have such independent lives from one another, it will be all too easy to split. My first year of marriage sucked, and if I'd hadn't had the combination of conviction as a Christian to work on it or I'd had the means and abundance financially to go my separate way amicably, I would have!! Fortunately, the marriage weathered that first crappy year and got progressively better.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 1

I wondered why the first thing Todd didn't list in the "cons" column was Mama Joyce and "you let our employees diss me".

I want to know what Porsha was cooking? And why was it a secret lol.

Since she spends all hermoney on rent and overpriced handbags, I'd guess "Alpo".
  • Love 2

Todd probably didn't want another scene with Kandi going off on him for disrespecting her momma or her friends. You just know she'd get up and start waving her arms like a windmill, rolling her eyes. It's not worth it, I guess.

• Love 1

It was worth it all just to see the latest curly blonde wigstrosity Nene was sporting in the "coming up next" tease.

I wondered if that was for Cinderella - was that her stepmother wig? Because if she's actually wearing that in her regular life ...

Interesting that Phaedra and Porsha were just blatantly saying that Peter cheats and everybody knows. (I have no trouble believing that.)

My hatred for Porsha and Phaedra has been cemented. They truly sounded like cackling witches talking about Cynthia. I mean, Cynthia is no angel, but for them to sit there and laugh about her fibroids was an all time low for me. Then, Phaedra has the gall to say her mother buys plus-sized clothing out of the catalogue that Cynthia models for? Bitch, what?! Phaedra wishes she had Cynthia's body, bigger booty and all. I don't think I've truly hated anyone on tv before, besides Lusious Lyon, but at least he's a character. These two witches can leave my screen anytime.

• Love 2