Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

I thank God that all the stupid things I did for love (or dick) weren't aired for the world to see.  Pretty Pretty 'Pollo looks exactly like what he is - a trickster, a fool and a lazy bum.  He's also (objectively) handsome with a great body and what I assume are superior pipe-laying skills.  Phaedra is cute (to me) but nowhere near what is probably the look that's hot in the streets of Atlanta, country (though she tries to hide it) and a PK.  She took one look at that lightskint felon and was all, "MMMHMM.  Git it, Daddy!"  And now look.  Look where we are, Phaedra.

I swear 'fo da Lawd ... some dick needs to be outlawed.  Oh, wait ... his kinda was,  huh?

• Love 13

A few weeks Kenya referred to herself as a "mogul" - soooo involved with soooo many irons in the fire.  I've yet to see her do anything more than photo shoots.  If she has an "acting" career that extends beyond RHOA and Celeb Apprentice (other than D list films a few years ago) I have yet to see it.  And she thinks a REAL mogul such as Roger Bobb is supposed to be at HER beck and call?   Yeah right, wanna-be.  Twirl. 

• Love 5

Giving Phaedra the benefit of the doubt (and that's a stretch, believe me) maybe she thought that if she provided him with career opportunities, handed to him on a silver platter, he'd not want to go back to a life of crime. What she didn't figure out was that Apollo doesn't want to work. For anything. He feels like the world owes him. So he takes.

But isn't that leaving out a pretty important detail? She married him because she was pregnant, right?

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 1

But isn't that leaving out a pretty important detail? She married him because she was pregnant, right?

Right but she was able to marry him because he met her other criteria, raggedy though they were.  Never been married before, had no children, (arguably) handsome and a pipe layer (tm Sistaladybug) of master plumberdom.   As the daughter of two ministers, she would've been able to sell the criminal redemption pretty easily to her cipher.  If not redemption then certainly some well placed comments about  forgiveness and judgement.  I could actually see her making anyone who gave her the sideye for choosing him feel like an asshole for having done so.  Then. 

• Love 2

We think she did. She could have fallen in love with the guy also. She seemed to be really happy in the beginning.

I gotta say, I always saw a sales job.  Even from the beginning.  Her first season on the show was bizarre and hilarious - she was trying so hard to introduce herself with a pre-planned image - southern belle, lawyer, wife, mom-to-be (that's why the pregnancy timing was so hilariously off).  But to me, it almost came off as a caricature. 

Right but she was able to marry him because he met her other criteria, raggedy though they were.  Never been married before, had no children, (arguably) handsome and a pipe layer (tm Sistaladybug) of master plumberdom.   As the daughter of two ministers, she would've been able to sell the criminal redemption pretty easily to her cipher.  If not redemption then certainly some well placed comments about  forgiveness and judgement.  I could actually see her making anyone who gave her the sideye for choosing him feel like an asshole for having done so.  Then. 

Yup.  I agree with your last point, too.  Didn't she kind of do that to Kenya, esp. with all the "at least I got a huzzbin'" talk?!

• Love 3

Had Apollo been any bit about his life, he could have had a plenty successful career never having a 9-5 again.  Apollo is a general amount of handsome that could have taken him far, along with him learning any real bit about fitness.  

A fitness career, with bootcamps at parks, videos with pretty people in workout gear and etc, mixed with club appearances would have given him his own middle class life without having to deal with Phaedra.

He wanted a Porshe lifestyle when he should have just stopped at Mercedes.

• Love 4

Kenya just keeps getting more and more ridiculous.  Good on Roger Bobb for shutting her down at the end and telling her he isn't going to be there for her stupid antics.  If she thinks she's even remotely funny, she's very mistaken.  Grow up stupid!  You make an ass of yourself daily.

I cannot remember if I saw this in the last ep or the last "first look", but I almost felt sorry for Kenya making a fool of herself with her thinly-veiled ideas for TV shows to produce with RogerBob. It was also quite obvious he knew it, too. I'm beginning to seriously doubt her claims about being such a big-shot mogul.

Making an ass, showing her ass.... Kenya's stock in trade.  She even did it with her finale project manager job on Celebrity Apprentice.  What an ASS!!

Oh yes, a huge epic ass showing!

The look on her face when The Bobb said he didn't have time for her, was priceless! You can't fake that blank look of " WTF. Huh?..."

Oh how I laughed!

Phaedra was pregnant before marrying Pipe Laying 'Pollo, that's why Kim and the rest of the girls questioned her ( cough) Premie baby, who came out gnawing on a pork chop, she couldn't even come up with an answer when Kim asked her how far along she was, or her due date...it takes a special kind of stupid, to get caught in a lie by Kim...damn, I miss her!!! Heh!

• Love 2

I clearly have issues processing social cues, because I thought that Kenya's pitch was played out for comedic value, in the same spirit as a skit on SNL. I actually thought it was pretty hilarious. I thought she was intentionally trying to be funny a la the Gone with the Wind Fabulous song/video. Granimal-lover however commented that it looked like Kenya was about to cry. To me "Kenya" has always seemed like an SNL-character. I have never felt any sincerity or realism in her scenes, but obviously others feel differently (like Granimal-lover). I will have to re-watch this scene when the full episode airs because I can not even imagine it playing out in any kind of serious way!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

If it were, RogerBob clearly was not in on the joke.

That's the whole problem with Kenya.

Nobody is ever in on the joke, which is why they think she's a crazy bitch.

Claudia came the closest, and even she looked exhausted by Kenya by the end of the North Carolina trip.

• Love 1

Apollo just dropped a large chocolate bomb. Which sounds way grosser than I intended.

ETA: OMG Apollo says "textses" like another incarcerated housewife. And apparently makes thinly veiled murder threats on national television.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Apollo just dropped a large chocolate bomb. Which sounds way grosser than I intended.

ETA: OMG Apollo says "textses" like another incarcerated housewife. And apparently makes thinly veiled murder threats on national television.

Here we go with another man that is from "Africa"! LOL They need new writers IMO.

• Love 4

I had to wonder if Chocolate were one of Phaedra's stripper clients but couldn't figure out a context for what Apollo claims he saw. Him telling Peter made me even more suspicious.

And once again, we are witnessing Kandi and Todd's marriage falling apart...

For what it's worth, Kandi and Todd have been all over her FB page, with pictures of them blissfully happy. No pics of her with her girlfriends. Just Todd. Either she's trying to deflect what's happening on the show, or what's happening on the show is so totally scripted for drama.... I don't know.

• Love 2

I am certainly not a fan of Phadera but do I believe she is cheating? Hellllll no! That's the same facial expression Apollo had when he said Kenya wanted his felon arse. Go on away from us with that!

Edited by lasandi

Well, at the risk of sounding crude, if a woman is bringing a bunch of appliances to bed and not doing anything herself....I'd be turned off too.

I don't know anything about appliances in bed, but I'm more than happy to be alone and get to wash my face, put my hair in a pony tail, and call it a night. Married life is not for me, I suppose!

Waiting and waiting for Kandi to tell her employees to stop making fun of Todd is tiring, though.

• Love 4

Apollo arriving at the pen: "I am about to go asunder". He must mean "ass under", right? :-)

Kandi wears a bonnet to bed every night and wonders why she isn't getting enough sex. My guess? Todd's not an Amish pioneer.

ROFL! Yeah I can't even be mad at him for that. If Mr. Maverick came to bed in a durag I'd turn over and go to sleep.

• Love 2

Todd doesn't have a sister so he might not know black women only bring their hair out for special occasions.    Shaggery must not qualify.  This wouldn't explain their sex life before marriage though, maybe she's thinking well you haven't had a problem with it these last couple years so......

Kandi Koated Nights first advice rule should be to lose the prairie cap, but ya'll remember that this is the same woman who turned down an offer of "thug love" from her husband in his newly purchased timbs right?   Mkay then.

• Love 1

I no longer have a relaxer that I need to protect, but when I did, neither bonnet nor scarf ever kept me from getting it in.  That excuse is ridicible.  No necessary orifices are covered by the fabric.  And if it's that upsetting, snatch it off in the midst.  That would be hot, anyway.  Can't you imagine it?  Mrowr.

• Love 2

^^ This.  Girl bye it wouldn't get in my way, the first.  But if he's complaining about it, it's one more thing she ain't trying to compromise about.  I mean in having to choose between wanting to make a baby and not trying to mess up your hair, is it really that big a contest....at 37 years old?  Either it's not as big a priority as she said or she's really that simple.   Turned down timbs lovin.  Mrowr, indeed. I vote simple. 

• Love 3

Nah. I've been a black woman all my life and bonnets and scarves have never been sexy. Guys deal with it because sex but ask them their preference...

He might have just been trying to piss her off but there's always some truth to little digs.

And yes, Kandi is as simple as 1+1.

• Love 1

They damn sure ain't sexy, but neither are ashy knees and knuckles and we been looking past those since time immemorial.

Y'all are certainly right about Kandi, though.  I'm sad to say it because I've always liked her and still do, but girl has had a number done on her by her mama (and various other people who haven't done her any good).  Marriage is ultimately about compromise and she isn't willing because she hasn't had to.  She's been alone and the boss for a long time.  There's nothing wrong with either one, but if you are as desperate as she seemed to be to get married and you want to keep that marriage, you gotta let go of some of the control.  It's the only way.

Plus, she's got quite a bit of money ... and that hair is a weave.  Let him pull it if it makes him happy, boo.

• Love 1

Well, I think it would have been better if Todd had brought this up before...such as saying one night, hey I want to make love. Let me see your hair under there. Maybe that would have gotten the point across or something more direct the next day if not. Anyway, it sounds like something she needs in the night, right? But, she could put it on after they have sex? Or, is he saying he never wants her to wear it?