Type keyword(s) to search

First Looks: Upcoming Episodes

• Start Topic

I'm going to change this to a spoiler thread, so that first looks can be discussed and if anyone wants to refer back to other clips within this thread, they can.

CD

Edited by cooksdelight

Nene and her teef.  Good lawd, it's gonna be a long season.

So now it's Phaedra who is screwing some guy from Africa?  first it was Kenya.  Then Porsha.  Now Phaedra.  Hmmm.  Wonder if this guy is the one she bragged about knowing during their trip.

One of the newbies is dating both Porsha's ex and Kenya's intended?   Drag out Chuck and Sheree's ex too and make it a full on party.

• Love 2

Nene and her teef.  Good lawd, it's gonna be a long season.

So now it's Phaedra who is screwing some guy from Africa?  first it was Kenya.  Then Porsha.  Now Phaedra.  Hmmm.  Wonder if this guy is the one she bragged about knowing during their trip.

One of the newbies is dating both Porsha's ex and Kenya's intended?   Drag out Chuck and Sheree's ex too and make it a full on party.

Bwahahahaha to all of this!! Phaedra is supposedly dating a man named Chocolate. Kenya a Prince. Yeah, bring Chuck and Mynique back into the fray, just so I can see him hide behind her.

• Love 2

Phaedra isn't even divorced is she? What happened to Miss church-going Southern Belle?

Chateau Sheree is progressing! I miss Sheree.

Yep, and for all that dirt that she was slinging at Kenya for being a whore, and it looks like it may have been her stepping out on her husband while she was married.  I'm not Alanis Morrisette, but isn't it ironic?

• Love 5

Phaedra isn't even divorced is she? What happened to Miss church-going Southern Belle?

Chateau Sheree is progressing! I miss Sheree.

I do too! And Dwight.  "Who's gonna check me boo?"

Looked like Apollo was approaching Phaedra in kind of a scary manner.

Bravo is airing First Look at 8PM on Saturday. My guide just has it as "Bravo First Looks" so I don't know which shows will be included.

Disregard this. My guide updated and there is only a First Look for Vanderpump Rules.

I think Chocolate is just as made up as the Prince. What is with these women and fictitious African men? Is it because it's harder to get receipts?

Maybe I'm the only one, but if someone said I slept with a totally fictional made up person, my first response would be to laugh at them because they are clearly insane, not jump across a table at them.  In fact, jumping across a table probably wouldn't even be in my top 10 reactions to someone saying that I slept with a totally fictional, made up character that I don't know and never met because he doesn't even exist.  

If someone accused me of sleeping with Fat Albert, I would laugh, and if I wasn't laughing I would just be confused.  If Chocolate is a figment of someone's imagination why get so upset to jump across a table over it?

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

Maybe I'm the only one, but if someone said I slept with a totally fictional made up person, my first response would be to laugh at them because they are clearly insane, not jump across a table at them. In fact, jumping across a table probably wouldn't even be in my top 10 reactions to someone saying that I slept with a totally fictional, made up character that I don't know and never met because he doesn't even exist.

If someone accused me of sleeping with Fat Albert, I would laugh, and if I wasn't laughing I would just be confused. If Chocolate is a figment of someone's imagination why get so upset to jump across a table over it?

I don't know. People respond differently to different situations.

Look at all the times all of the women have charged each other on this show. The reasons vary.

Edited by ridethemaverick

I don't know. People respond differently to different situations.

Look at all the times all of the women have charged each other on this show. The reasons vary.

I get that people react differently, but to jump over a table over someone saying you slept with a person that has been pulled out of thin air?  No confusion, just jumping over a table?   My feeling is that there is a range of acceptable responses to certain situations.  Jumping over a table at someone who has accused you of sleeping with a person that in no way shape or form even exists doesn't even seem in the range of acceptable or reasonable.

Phaedra has managed to hold her temper even when she could have reasonably lost it with Apollo after he left her without a key to their room.  She managed to wait until she got behind closed doors to express her disappointment when he was upset over taking a family photo, which is a reasonable response. But the one time someone totally, completely makes up a person, and then accuses her of sleeping with said completely fictional being her reaction is to charge across the table?  I don't even think thats a response thats reasonable for most human beings, and certainly not for someone who prides herself on being a Southern belle.  It does make sense if someone is exposing you as a fraud and you are heavily invested in convincing people you are the image of a person you aren't.  Especially with someone like Phaedra, who really wants people to believe she is this innocent Southern belle.  I mean look how much of an effort she put into getting married before anyone figured out the baby was conceived before marriage, look at how even in the face of Kim and even the doctor telling her that she was much further along than she represented she still continued to lie.    Thats how invested she is in her image, and to have someone expose her actions as not being in line with her carefully protected and choreographed image would not be a pretty scene. 

• Love 4

I really don't think it's all that deep. It could just be as simple as her being raw and irritated after everything she's already been through with Apollo and Kenya.

I don't think its a matter of being deep, to me, its what she did in response to something that, if its false, is absolutely nonsensical.

It would be like lunging at the guy wearing a tin foil hat who just yelled at you for stealing his dog, because you're irritated.  Even if you were irritated you would be more confused than anything else.

The same way, someone making up a human being that doesn't even exist and then accusing you of sleeping with him shouldn't elicit rage, it should elicit confusion if this person is someone who is absolutely made up, you don't even know, have never heard of and never met.  The normal reaction, to me, even if its someone you don't like would be "who?"  not let me lunge at you across a table because I'm irritated.  Especially not for a Southern belle that has gone through being raw and irritated with her husband and her situation numerous times without lunging at anyone.

To me, that type of over the top reaction speaks more to whatever Kenya is saying having some truth behind it, because I think if the person was an absolutely fictional person cut out of thin air Phaedra would have had the normal reaction of "who?"

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 2

This is based on a 5 second clip? Who knows what the backstory is or what else was exchanged during the conversation? I was assuming that Mr. Chocolate is a stripper she represented or something.

I suppose if you dislike Phaedra one can find fault with her reaction either way. Get upset, you're guilty of trying to hide something. Don't get upset, why aren't you mad about this attack on your character as a wife, Mother, daughter of preachers and businesswoman? *Kanye shrug*

• Love 6

This is based on a 5 second clip? Who knows what the backstory is or what else was exchanged during the conversation? I was assuming that Mr. Chocolate is a stripper she represented or something.

I suppose if you dislike Phaedra one can find fault with her reaction either way. Get upset, you're guilty of trying to hide something. Don't get upset, why aren't you mad about this attack on your character as a wife, Mother, daughter of preachers and businesswoman? *Kanye shrug*

I don't think most reasonable people would have a problem with confusion.  Confusion makes sense, but I don't think upset and being fine are the only two reactions a person can have.

• Love 1

Watching the newest "First Look".  Glad to hear Phaedra say that she will apologize to Kenya, even though she was duped by Apollo just as much as Kenya was.  And STFU Cynthia!!!  Phaedra wasn't part of a smear campaign.  She was lied to and told that Kenya was propositioning her husband by her husband!  It wasn't like she pulled that ish out of thin air.  And STFU about Porsha.  It's played out already and nobody cares.  The only person you should be giving the side-eye to is your rotten-business-running-assed husband.  

Cynthia looked bad in that scene cooking for Peter.  Her makeup looked horrible and her eyes looked puffy.  I think she secretly cries for Nene when she's alone.  I'm not fooled!

• Love 9

Watching the newest "First Look".  Glad to hear Phaedra say that she will apologize to Kenya, even though she was duped by Apollo just as much as Kenya was.  And STFU Cynthia!!!  Phaedra wasn't part of a smear campaign.  She was lied to and told that Kenya was propositioning her husband by her husband!  It wasn't like she pulled that ish out of thin air.  And STFU about Porsha.  It's played out already and nobody cares.  The only person you should be giving the side-eye to is your rotten-business-running-assed husband.  

Cynthia looked bad in that scene cooking for Peter.  Her makeup looked horrible and her eyes looked puffy.  I think she secretly cries for Nene when she's alone.  I'm not fooled!

I think Cynthia secretly cries because she is married to Peter!

• Love 13

I think Cynthia secretly cries because she is married to Peter!

You've got that right!  If Cynthia doesn't watch out she's going to be crying BROKE dealing with Peter.  What good is a prenup if you let your spouse run through your finances and put you in the poorhouse while you're still married?  smdh

• Love 2

Watching the newest "First Look".  Glad to hear Phaedra say that she will apologize to Kenya, even though she was duped by Apollo just as much as Kenya was.  And STFU Cynthia!!!  Phaedra wasn't part of a smear campaign.  She was lied to and told that Kenya was propositioning her husband by her husband!  It wasn't like she pulled that ish out of thin air.

I don't know....all that "Kenya Moore Whore" name-calling was bad. Even if Apollo lied to her, would a "Southern Belle" really talk like that? And insult another woman for not having a man?

• Love 4

I don't know....all that "Kenya Moore Whore" name-calling was bad. Even if Apollo lied to her, would a "Southern Belle" really talk like that? And insult another woman for not having a man?

If my husband told me that the coworker, who has been openly flirting with him mind you, was propositioning him for oral sex, believe me, she would have gotten a lot worse than being called a whore.  And I probably would insult her for not having a man if I believed she was going after mine.  I'm just saying.  That's the way it is.  But once I found out my husband was lying, by all means, I would apologize profusely for it.  Kenya needs to learn that it isn't "cute" to flirt with someone's husband, even as a joke.  I'm one who believes that there is no such thing as innocent flirting if the person you are flirting with is married.  You just don't go there.  Such is life!

• Love 3

That was interesting. For some reason I still think that Phaedra initially believed the BJ lie, found out the truth at some point, but continued to perpetrate the lie in order to keep the focus on Kenya, and out of her own backyard.

Cynthia better have an actual storyline this season, because I refuse to watch the 'Cynthia tells Peter how relieved she is to have cut ties with Nene' scene ad nauseam. Especially if she's not going to look cute while she's doing it. The thirsty Beyoncé wig and smeared eye shadow aren't working.

• Love 5

Phaedra isn't that good of an actress.  Her reaction tells me that at some point, she knew the truth about Apollo and Kenya, but continue to perpetuate the lie.  Just like I think at some point, she must have known that Apollo was up to his old criminal ways, but wanted to dishonorate herself, by pretending otherwise.  Really, is she that stupid and naïve???

• Love 5

Phaedra isn't that good of an actress.  Her reaction tells me that at some point, she knew the truth about Apollo and Kenya, but continue to perpetuate the lie.  Just like I think at some point, she must have known that Apollo was up to his old criminal ways, but wanted to dishonorate herself, by pretending otherwise.  Really, is she that stupid and naïve???

I think Phaedra figured it out over that infamous dinner where she said she was ready to cut out his tongue with her steak knife.

When he backpedaled that night and changed his story to he could have "smashed" it or whatever choice little phrase he uttered there, and Phaedra's ensuing behavior that evening, I think she either figured out the entire mess was a pack of wishful thinking or outright lies Apollo had been feeding her.

IMO, she probably kept perpetuating the story because she was hoping no one else would figure it out and it would continue to be a he said/she said situation.  I've no doubt it shocked the hell out of her when Kandi told her Apollo had apologized to Kenya and admitted he had been lying...With the cameras rolling, no less.

While I admire the fact she's going to woman up and apologize to Kenya, I honesty have my doubts she'd be apologizing at all if Apollo's confession wasn't on film.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 8

I think Phaedra figured it out over that infamous dinner where she said she was ready to cut out his tongue with her steak knife.

When he backpedaled that night and changed his story to he could have "smashed" it or whatever choice little phrase he uttered there, and Phaedra's ensuing behavior that evening, I think she either figured out the entire mess was a pack of wishful thinking or outright lies Apollo had been feeding her.

IMO, she probably kept perpetuating the story because she was hoping no one else would figure it out and it would continue to be a he said/she said situation.  I've no doubt it shocked the hell out of her when Kandi told her Apollo had apologized to Kenya and admitted he had been lying...With the cameras rolling, no less.

While I admire the fact she's going to woman up and apologize to Kenya, I honesty have my doubts she'd be apologizing at all if Apollo's confession wasn't on film.  

Exactly. I was beginning to think I had imagined that conversation at dinner where Apollo admitted to Phaedra that "he just knew he could smash that" if he wanted to.  Phaedra has always known the truth about it, so why all the "whore Moore" cracks?  She knew the whole affair was a figment of Apollo's imagination.  Now everyone wants to apologize to Kenya so Phaedra's going along with that as if it's news to her.  Okay.

• Love 5

I think  Kenya has been super nasty to Phaedra. I don't remember the order of all the issues, but coming to that "party" half naked in a fishnet dress & booty pads to mock Phaedra? That made kenya look 2 fries short of a happy meal.

Beyond Apollo, things have happened between them that probably made it easy for Phaedra to believe Apollo. Kenya's mean in a way that doesn't inspire confidence in her to not be any number of terrible things, whore included.

• Love 5

If my husband told me that the coworker, who has been openly flirting with him mind you, was propositioning him for oral sex, believe me, she would have gotten a lot worse than being called a whore.  And I probably would insult her for not having a man if I believed she was going after mine. 

And that's what Phaedra did. Which is why I think it's accurate to say she participated in a smear campaign. And not just to her friends around town, but on TV. And then there's this:

This. I don't understand people thinking Phaedra is so innocent and naive. She's married to this guy! She married a con man. She knows he lied. But she continued to perpetuate the lie because she hates Kenya and didn't think Apollo would ever turn on her. Now the truth is out, and she's shocked! Shocked, I tell you! Yea, right. As another poster said, she's a terrible actress. We'll see how that apology goes down.

• Love 7

I think  Kenya has been super nasty to Phaedra. I don't remember the order of all the issues, but coming to that "party" half naked in a fishnet dress & booty pads to mock Phaedra? That made kenya look 2 fries short of a happy meal.

Beyond Apollo, things have happened between them that probably made it easy for Phaedra to believe Apollo. Kenya's mean in a way that doesn't inspire confidence in her to not be any number of terrible things, whore included.

What was so significant about that was she chose to mock Phaedra in a setting that would only make herself look bad. The people at the event had no insight into why Kenya would show up looking like a fool. In a way it's even worse than how Nene conducted herself at the mask party. Rude as she was, Nene made it clear she had a problem with the host. 

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 3

And Phae's face looked truly strange; puffed up and huge bags under her eyes.

I don't think it would be too hard to believe that Phaedra has been doing a lot of crying lately.  Her marriage is on the rocks, her reputation is ruined and she's been publicly humiliated over and over by her idiot soon to be ex husband.  I would say a few tears are in order.

I don't buy into Phaedra already knowing that Apollo was lying about Kenya.  I do however believe that she gave him the benefit of the doubt because of Kenya's behavior toward them both and the way she was always placing herself in the middle of their marriage.  I am by no means a Phaedra fan.  I have never really liked her that much in the past, but Kenya has insulted her just as much as Phaedra has insulted Kenya, so I don't buy any smear campaign either.  If anything, it looked more to me like Kenya was the one with the smear campaign when she waltzed into that charity event dressed in fishnets and fake butt implants and actually made a video to ridicule Phaedra even further. 

• Love 6

I  do believe  Phaedra did what any married woman would do.

Apollo had more to gain by lying about Kenya, than Phaedra did by thinking he was lying.

Phaedra marrying Apollo out of prison, she gave him a home,supported him, gave him 2 beautiful children, She gave him everything SHE thought he needed to make a better life for himself.

Why wouldn't she believe him when he said Kenya was coming on to him. What man lies about something like that?  

Kenya did more to  indicate there was something inappropriate going on than she did to dispute it..

Even in her talking heads, where she compared her body to Phaedra's,made her little comments about Apollo. Even after Phaedra told her she did not want her to talk to Apollo out of her presence.She basically told Phaedra to go f--k herself.

Kenya plans a couple's trip and she is the only  person who isn't a couple.She separates the husband and wives leaving someone,  I don't remember who with her half  of her couple, obnoxious, shit-stirrer.Who is looking for the same thing she is ,her plan fell through when Phaedra and Apollo got there late.

Then she start to ask personal questions about these couples relationship. The same type of questions  that got her in trouble with the wives before.

Brags about putting bikini clad photos of herself in everyone's room.

Of course Phaedra would believe her husband about Kenya. If my husband and I've had 3 of them told me some woman wanted him and was chasing him.

Damn right  I would believe him. And if this woman behaved as Phaedra did, I would do whatever I could to make sure she felt my wrath.

• Love 4

Do Porsha and the new gal really have TV and radio jobs or do they just show up for two minutes of another show?

How did Kandi get so much accomplished by being such a pushover?

Porsha is on the TV show Dish Nation featuring Rickey Smiley while the newbie Claudia is on Dish Nation Radio featuring Rickey Smiley.

I think Kandi focuses on1 thing at a time and lets everything else fall to the side and this is why her "team" does that same exact thing. Todd seems to believe that they can do/should do several things at 1 time, he is in for a rude awakening IMO! LOL

Kandi really is such a pushover. Apparently, Mamma Joyce and her boyfriend ripped up Kandi's old house - tens of thousands of dollars in incomplete renovations that Kandi now has to pay for, and she buys her a brand-new, seven-bedroom house, and Kandi just shrugs and says the old, tired "she's my mamma, I'm not going to disown her" b.s. Todd told her she had to make her mother accountable, or else she would keep doing this, and Kandi just rolled her eyes and said she's sick of hearing Todd criticize her mother. Yes, she actually said this.

"I don't really be wanting to hear what he got to say all the time about what she does or does not do that he does not like." (Yes, I transcribed it!). It's really sad that Kandi doesn't feel this way about her mother criticizing Todd all the time, nor has she ever said this about her mother criticizing Todd over and over again. Ever. For some fucked up reason, Kandi prioritizes her mother over everyone else in her life, including Todd. A Mother's Love, indeed.

• Love 5

I'd love to know what the psychology is behind why Kandi puts her mother on such a pedestal. Over her husband, even. There's more than a grain of truth behind the scripted drama Bravo uses for these shows.

That's exactly what I was trying to get at. It's strange, since she seems fairly smart otherwise. And it probably feels even more bewildering since her mother is so wretched.

P.S. I like your new picture!

• Love 2

That's exactly what I was trying to get at. It's strange, since she seems fairly smart otherwise. And it probably feels even more bewildering since her mother is so wretched.

P.S. I like your new picture!

That's what a lifetime of emotional abuse from your mother gets you.  That is one seriously screwed up relationship.  I'm sure Joyce told Kandi over and over how she sacrificed everything to raise her.  Also, I think she made Kandi feel like she's not pretty enough..."short people with big heads".  She has done such a number on poor Kandi's head, I don't think it's even possible for Kandi to realize the truth about her.  And there's no way Joyce can pay for those repairs unless it's with money she gets from Kandi in the first place.

• Love 4

That's what a lifetime of emotional abuse from your mother gets you.  That is one seriously screwed up relationship.  I'm sure Joyce told Kandi over and over how she sacrificed everything to raise her.  Also, I think she made Kandi feel like she's not pretty enough..."short people with big heads".  She has done such a number on poor Kandi's head, I don't think it's even possible for Kandi to realize the truth about her.  And there's no way Joyce can pay for those repairs unless it's with money she gets from Kandi in the first place.

ITA. Therapy could work, but she's never gonna go. She seems completely embedded to the idea that a daughter taking care of her aging mother is the right thing to do, regardless of how the mother treats you. Plus, I just don't think she sees her mother as viewers do. She gets mad when her mother gets "bad edits," and thinks the bad scenes are counterbalanced by a more likeable side (which we have yet to see). Why feature her on the show if she's all bad?

As for the home repairs, I think this mystery boyfriend was supposed to take care of the work and the cost. But I'm sure, as you said, it'll be Kandi footing the bill.

• Love 2

Judging by the previews for next week, they aren't going to edit out the scenes with Sharon in them, much to my dismay.  I think they should edit them out the way they did Taylor's husband Russell from RHBH after he committed suicide.  It can't be good for Todd or his daughter to see those scenes of Sharon being so upset with Joyce so soon after her death.  I think that if the producers had any modicum of compassion, they would respect the dead and not show her in any bad light.  But then, we're talking Bravo here.  smdh 

• Love 4