Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, AnitaKnight said:

I think because it's difficult for some of us to believe that people would willingly put up with her behavior and her "truth cannon" in a relationship of any kind. 

That would be me.  I don't enjoy any of her schtick and can't imagine being around her rapid-response truth cannon. Partly 'cuz it's not always the truth, it's just rapid-fire hithithit. Her responses are frequently incomprehensible even as jokes.

I don't know when she finds time for friends. I can hardly imagine her exercise schedule!

And she seems to be perfecting Ramona's Ho-show-up-long-enough-for-a-payday trick. Fine the less of her the better. 

She thinks she's being funny but she's just plain mean. 

• Love 9

Love your term, Newdigs:. "Rapid-fire hit hit hit."  Perfect.

Bethenny often has nothing of substance to say, but that does not stop her from speaking.

last episode, when 3 of the ladies were late for dinner, Bethenny complained...then kept complaining and chastising the women.  She would not stop, even after her buddy Carole took the blame and apologized.  

I know people like that...and avoid them.

• Love 5

37 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I guess we took away different things from that snippet. I took away an overriding hatred/dislike of the Hoppys and felt that the only reason she was sorry she was an "orphan" was because Brynn would end up with them. Not that Brynn would never know her family, of which she has "none".

Just after Bethenny stated she was upset that if god forbid something should happen to her, that Bryn would have to be "with them" always, Bethenny stated "It just brought up so much stuff, it's like I don't have parents, I don't have, like, brothers and sisters, I don't have anybody that like...." and then she trails off.  I believe the rest of that was the unspoken thought was along the lines of '....could take care of her'.  I don't know why Bethenny would be upset about not having siblings other than the realization that if she dies, Bryn has no one from Bethenny's family to have any relationship with, and I believe that's a scary thought for any mother.  Especially one with a contentious relationship with her ex and inlaws, she probably fears that if something happens to her, they would have Bryn and be all, "Bethenny Who??".

• Love 3

Gosh...then Bethenny had better live forever, or establish some sort of working relationship with Jason and his family.  Lots of divorced folks do it.  Bethenny, though?  Probably not possible.  Such a relationship requires a modicum of empathy and willingness to compromise. 

• Love 9

And I heard that as just another refrain of Bethy's "Woe is Poor Poor Alone Me".

She, obviously, had no control over being an only child and I wonder if maybe she isn't her mother's mini-me. And if she didn't push away from her family as much or more than she was pushed. If she was pushed. Something happened. There are those growing-up pix that don't 100% align with her story. And I once again fall back on, You can't have it both ways.

But it's interesting how people have different takes on things. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shoegal said:

Just after Bethenny stated she was upset that if god forbid something should happen to her, that Bryn would have to be "with them" always, Bethenny stated "It just brought up so much stuff, it's like I don't have parents, I don't have, like, brothers and sisters, I don't have anybody that like...." and then she trails off.  I believe the rest of that was the unspoken thought was along the lines of '....could take care of her'.  I don't know why Bethenny would be upset about not having siblings other than the realization that if she dies, Bryn has no one from Bethenny's family to have any relationship with, and I believe that's a scary thought for any mother.  Especially one with a contentious relationship with her ex and inlaws, she probably fears that if something happens to her, they would have Bryn and be all, "Bethenny Who??".

The reality is, that had something bad happened, Bethenny passing, it wouldn't matter if she had siblings or a close relationship with her mom. Jason would get sole custody of Bryn and it would be his decision if he would want to include any of Bethenny's "family" in her life and how often they got to see her if he allowed it. Custody arrangements aren't passed on to surviving family members.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Nanny pants said:

Gosh...then Bethenny had better live forever, or establish some sort of working relationship with Jason and his family.  Lots of divorced folks do it.  Bethenny, though?  Probably not possible.  Such a relationship requires a modicum of empathy and willingness to compromise. 

I think it's different when you have a young child who would grow up without you versus an adult child who loses a parent.  I'm sure Bethenny prior to that point hadn't thought about Bryn growing up without her and assumed, like most people with children, that she would see Bryn reach adulthood (and maybe beyond, like be a grandparent herself!). 

What happens between B and Jason in the future is up for grabs, but I don't expect them to have a great or even working relationship coming out of a four year contentious divorce.  Jason has some culpability in the state of their relationship, too.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The reality is, that had something bad happened, Bethenny passing, it wouldn't matter if she had siblings or a close relationship with her mom. Jason would get sole custody of Bryn and it would be his decision if he would want to include any of Bethenny's "family" in her life and how often they got to see her if he allowed it. Custody arrangements aren't passed on to surviving family members.

I think grandparents can get visitation rights, at least in some states, however I think the idea is that Bethenny has no family that Bryn could have a relationship with even if she wanted.  Bryn is not going to be a small child forever, she will grow up and be able to form her own relationships with extended family if she chose to do so.....so yeah, the idea that if you died, that your child would grow up knowing NO ONE from your family would make me feel pretty lonely. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I think grandparents can get visitation rights, at least in some states, however I think the idea is that Bethenny has no family that Bryn could have a relationship with even if she wanted.  Bryn is not going to be a small child forever, she will grow up and be able to form her own relationships with extended family if she chose to do so.....so yeah, the idea that if you died, that your child would grow up knowing NO ONE from your family would make me feel pretty lonely. 

But she claims to have no family for Bryn to have a relationship now.

She's an orphan.

What would change?

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Of course when Bryn grows up she will decide who she wants in her life then but while growing up, it would be up solely up to Jason had anything happened to Bethenny. I don't think that Jason would ever keep Bryn away from Bethenny's family though, had she any that she speaks to, if Bethenny died. He and his family know how death affects the family and I don't see Jason or his parents as being cold enough to do that. I do see Bethenny doing just that though if something were to happen to Jason while Bryn is young/a minor. But, Bethenny wasn't expressing how worried she was about Bryn's pain at loosing her mother, she was worried about the fact that Jason and his family would be the ones to raise her.

Not sure if NY has grandparents rights or not but the GP would have to go to court to obtain it, they are not passed on after death. And I would question having Bethenny's mother in Bryn's life because of all the things Bethenny claims she did to her during her childhood.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, shoegal said:

well then, she can call her  own mother and enter REAL therapy to reestablish/repair their relationship.

Enough with the victim act already, she is approaching FIFTY for christsake!

• Love 12

I get that.

But that doesn't address the thought that Bethy was somehow whining about Brynn not having any maternal relatives.

I thought that was her supposed reflection during her, I might die! angst.

Hoppys only. Them.

• Love 1
Just now, NewDigs said:

I get that.

But that doesn't address the thought that Bethy was somehow whining about Brynn not having any maternal relatives.

I thought that was her supposed reflection during her, I might die! angst.

Hoppys only. Them.

I think the idea is that if Bethenny dies, there is no connection to Bethenny at all.  No grandmother/grandfather to tell Bryn stories about her mother,  no aunt or uncle to reminisce about what B was like when she was growing up.  No one there to keep any connection alive, no piece of Bethenny for Bryn to be around. 

• Love 3

So, at the end of the day, it really is all about Bethy.

"Oh no! There'll be no one around to tell Brynn about me."

And I stil believe that B had a hand in pushing those potential connections away.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

So, at the end of the day, it really is all about Bethy.

"Oh no! There'll be no one around to tell Brynn about me."

And I stil believe that B had a hand in pushing those potential connections away.

You're right.  Fucking bitch being sad at the idea that if something happened to her she would be forgotten by her daughter. 

Just now, LIMOM said:

Luckily Brynn can watch her wonderful mother on DVD, god forbids anything were to happen.

Was it established that besides her wolf/parents that she has no uncles/aunts?

I believe it has been established that both of her parents were also only children.  I remember this discussion in the first season when she went to the racetrack with Jill.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, shoegal said:

You're right.  Fucking bitch being sad at the idea that if something happened to her she would be forgotten by her daughter. 

I believe it has been established that both of her parents were also only children.  I remember this discussion in the first season when she went to the racetrack with Jill.

No, of course not, I understand her pain in thinking she would miss watching Bryn grow up. I don't see Jason as that cold hearted to never talk to Bryn positively about her mother and I also don't see him shutting out Bethenny's close friends from Bryn's life if something happened to Bethenny. For all his faults, and Yes, Jason has them, he always seemed to put Bryn first, even to the point of never giving interviews defaming Bethenny to the press/public and he didn't have his attorney do it either, the same can't be said of Bethenny though.

Jason is the only surviving child in his family, he is not an only child. I thought that Bethenny's father had 2 sons after he left her mother but to be honest, I am not sure that was ever proven.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Then maybe it's time for her to attempt build some bridges. Mend some fences.

A little self-reflection can go a long way. 

Edited by NewDigs
Idiom confusion
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Then maybe it's time for her to attempt build some bridges. Mend some fences.

A little self-reflection can go a long way. 

People who give zero fucks do not go in for self-reflection, and certainly do not change a thing about themselves if they can manage a moment's worth of self-reflection.

Example:  After her Berkshires attack on Luann, she told us and Carole that she is a big ole slut, too, and that she wouldn't speak to someone after they had harangued her the way she did to Lu.  One could sort of count that as a moment of self-reflection.  Changed nothing; she's back to harassing Lu and calling her a whore as a justification for why she is harassing Lu.

Example:  She calls Lu a man-stealer, and completely misses that she has been having an affair with her high school friend's husband.  No self-reflection there, or if she had one in a private moment, she is still with the married man who is still married.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, shoegal said:

No one there to keep any connection alive, no piece of Bethenny for Bryn to be around. 

BS. If she wants to know who her mother was, she can watch reruns of RHONY...the Christmas episode in the Berkshires should explain everything to her. And getting a good look at her mom plotting to smash another woman's happiness and cackling about it...yeah, there's that too. She has left a video trail.

• Love 11

But all she's got to leave Brynn with are "wolves", right?  The Hoppys or wolves?  I think the Hoppys would raise her fine.  I mean, we can only hope the poor girl does NOT turn out like the Bethenny monster -- terrorizing anyone & everyone near her.  

Sheesh, from the horrible, vicious, nasty, evil way Bethenny has been this season, I hope Brynn doesn't turn out like Linda Blair in The Exorcist.  Hey, maybe she's doing the girl no favors & should just hand her over to Jason for full custody.  Look, maybe Bethenny has merely turned into one of the wolves who raised her.  So why not turn Brynn over to non-wolves & break the cycle?

You never know how kids will turn out.  Sometimes they're scarily like their parents (uh, see Trump kids -- well, the older douchebag sons anyway).  And sometimes not -- like Moaner & Avery.  As much as Jason has been labeled an awful character, he might surprisingly be an extremely positive influence on Brynn & maybe even save her from becoming the monster Bethenny is.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12

You know, my parents divorced when I was very young and there was no way in hell the my mother wanted us to go to our father if something were to happen to her.  I can't really fault Bethenny for those feelings, I imagine there are plenty of parents of both sexes who feel that same way.  Now, in my case, there was an extra wrinkle, because my father actually also didn't want to be a primary parent, so had something happened to my mother things would have gotten interesting.  He did love us, but he would have sucked ass as a day to day parent, and luckily that was the one thing they did agree on.  And, thankfully, they both survived our childhood so no decisions had to be made.  

But, that said, it's entirely possible that Jason would feel the same way if he had to have some sort of surgery.  I think if you have a child and you are faced with something that triggers feelings of mortality you wonder what will happen to them if you aren't there.  Who will be there for them?  In B's case, she doesn't have siblings.  In Jason's case, neither does he, and frankly his parents are getting old, so at some point, he's going to have to start to consider that they might not live through Brynn's college years, and maybe they aren't the best choice.  So, then what?  

• Love 4

During the one sided custody case, there was never anything presented that indicated Jason was a bad parent, just a lot of little crap things he did to irritate Bethenny.   Since we didn't hear much from Jason and the parties settled, I think in the big picture Bethenny realizes Bryn loves both her parents. 

13 hours ago, shoegal said:

Bryn is six going on seven and I do believe Bethenny has little to worry about as being forgotten.  Kind of creepy she would be worried about her immortality over her daughter's happiness, but that is pretty much Bethenny. 

I do think it is one of those situation where Bethenny should put down the crack pipe full of fame-hoing and think about what she is saying.  She way over reacted to the situation.  Asking for a mandated form before surgery should not elicit that type of response in a person.  Since Bethenny is in charge of how people should react to situations and their motivations, I think it was a thinly disguised dig at Jason and his family, because they should not allowed to be happy, especially on her dime. 

Throughout the divorce proceeding (custody phase)  it always felt like Bethenny found Jason very fungible.  Sometimes scorched earth doesn't work for people and it never works for the children of divorce. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

That watermelon clutch is hideous and, please, Bethenny, Anna Wintour has called : she wants her look back !

None of her accessories seem to tie together with each other or with the dress.

The clutch is ridiculous.

And not a fan of handkerchief hemlines. Or is that a tablecloth hemline?

• Love 6

Well that's one way to get press for your swill, pose with the married boyfriend. His presence in the picture is strictly business. A pic with him is HUGE. A pic with just her at this watermelon swill press event would be far far less interesting. She is onto using then discarding the next man in her life. Away we go!

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Ha! Makes me think of the old wives tale to call the banshee Mary by saying her name 3 times. Bloody Beth, Bloody Beth... (not going to test my luck and type it 3x) Yep, B was a bloody banshee this season.

Old wives tales are folksy beliefs and home remedies unsubstantiated by science. Like chicken soup curing colds, if you have heartburn while pregnant your baby will be hairy, no swimming for an hour after eating or you will cramp, ect usually associated with wifely and motherly duties imparted by elder matrons....hence the name Old Wives Tales 

• Love 1

She's lookin' like Joyce DeWitt (now) in that Instagram pic.  And the watermelon clutch?  Is that her trying to be . . . er, "playful"?  Between the hair, the clutch, her pinched/forced smile & that rough character she's standing next to?  Sheesh, that pic gives me the serious creeps.  That pic should be titled -- The Frankelstein monster tries to take a break from being an evil monster for a brief moment.

Pssst, Bethenny, pink & red?  Meh.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

She was promoting Watermelon Lime Margarita for SKG hence the clutch.  I am thinking mango peachy with the outfit though.  I do think Anna Wintour with the bangs.  She claims it's not a wig on twitter.  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, jinjer said:

She was promoting Watermelon Lime Margarita for SKG hence the clutch.  I am thinking mango peachy with the outfit though.  I do think Anna Wintour with the bangs.  She claims it's not a wig on twitter.  

This launch could have used some skinnygirl red! It would have made more sense than that SGR Cruella Deville look she sported at Dylan's Candy Bar. Complete with (huge) FedEx package. She so clever.

image.jpg

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

She's lookin' like Joyce DeWitt (now) in that Instagram pic.  And the watermelon clutch?  Is that her trying to be . . . er, "playful"?  Between the hair, the clutch, her pinched/forced smile & that rough character she's standing next to?  Sheesh, that pic gives me the serious creeps.  That pic should be titled -- The Frankelstein monster tries to take a break from being an evil monster for a brief moment.

Pssst, Bethenny, pink & red?  Meh.

d92.png

• Love 2

Grandparent's rights really do not exist except in very specific cases. For example, if Jason lives with his parents and the grandparents watch Bryn while he is working, then they might qualify. In that case, Bryn is used to seeing the grandparents daily and sees them as one of her caretakers. Otherwise, most grandparents are not granted court-ordered visitation. I don't see Jason's parents painting Bethenny is a very positive light. Bethenny should consider others to be there for Bryn.

As a grandparent, I would have encouraged my son to do whatever he could to get along with the child's mother. That would have included moving out of the condo if it made things more peaceful for Bynn and settling the divorce early-on. 

Bethenny needs to find her own style and stick with it. She looks like she is borrowing clothes from someone's closet. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

Grandparent's rights really do not exist except in very specific cases. For example, if Jason lives with his parents and the grandparents watch Bryn while he is working, then they might qualify. In that case, Bryn is used to seeing the grandparents daily and sees them as one of her caretakers. Otherwise, most grandparents are not granted court-ordered visitation. I don't see Jason's parents painting Bethenny is a very positive light. Bethenny should consider others to be there for Bryn.

As a grandparent, I would have encouraged my son to do whatever he could to get along with the child's mother. That would have included moving out of the condo if it made things more peaceful for Bynn and settling the divorce early-on. 

Bethenny needs to find her own style and stick with it. She looks like she is borrowing clothes from someone's closet. 

Getting along for the sake of a child goes both ways and IMO, Jason set a better example doing just that than Bethenny did. He wasn't the one blasting her in the press or having his lawyer/friends doing it either, again, that was all Bethenny's doing. Him not moving out of the marital home may have had more to do with Bethenny trying to, first getting sole custody, then trying to gain primary custody of their daughter. My gut instincts tell me had Jason not fought Bethenny (moved out), he would not have seen Bryn very often at all during the custody fight and she would have used that against him in court as proof that he really didn't want to be with Bryn as much as he wanted her money. I don't see the Hoppy's bad mouthing Bethenny to Bryn, at all. They love that child and would never do anything to hurt her and talking bad about her mother would hurt her without question.

I am a grandparent and if this were happening to my son, I would advise him to not talk smack/bad about the mother of his child (either in front of his daughter, to the press or with friends) but to fight for shared/joint custody with all he's got and that we would support him in any way he needed.

• Love 12

The Hoppys love Jason, but yet they have a pretty twisted dynamic with him.  I'm not saying that in a mean way, I know that things happen when you lose a child, but, in that particular family, there's just been a sort of stop in time where no one really ever changed the way things were after the other son died.  It isn't healthy for the Hoppys or for Jason.  Now, do I think they ever, in a million years, meant to do something that would have caused him harm?  No.  But, yet they are totally enmeshed.  So, it's really not fair to say that they would never do anything to hurt Brynn, because people do stuff to hurt their kids all the time.  They just don't mean to.

And, as someone whose parents divorced, I can tell you that none of grandparents ever meant to say anything bad about the other parent.  But, sometimes it happens by accident.  My paternal grandparents would have told you flat out that they never had an issue with my mother, she always let us visit whenever they wanted to see us, no matter what was happening between my parents, they were included in things, etc.  Yet, every once in a while, a story would slip out, not intending to be negative about my mother, but it would be a story about how my father had been difficult during high school and he was never home and they couldn't stand that he was always with HER.  And it would have been a funny story that you sit around and hear about your parent when you're a teen or older, except that HER was my mother.  Little things like that.  And it happened on my mom's side in relation to my father as well.  No one ever meant anything by it, but it does happen.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, smores said:

The Hoppys love Jason, but yet they have a pretty twisted dynamic with him.  I'm not saying that in a mean way, I know that things happen when you lose a child, but, in that particular family, there's just been a sort of stop in time where no one really ever changed the way things were after the other son died.  It isn't healthy for the Hoppys or for Jason.  Now, do I think they ever, in a million years, meant to do something that would have caused him harm?  No.  But, yet they are totally enmeshed.  So, it's really not fair to say that they would never do anything to hurt Brynn, because people do stuff to hurt their kids all the time.  They just don't mean to.

And, as someone whose parents divorced, I can tell you that none of grandparents ever meant to say anything bad about the other parent.  But, sometimes it happens by accident.  My paternal grandparents would have told you flat out that they never had an issue with my mother, she always let us visit whenever they wanted to see us, no matter what was happening between my parents, they were included in things, etc.  Yet, every once in a while, a story would slip out, not intending to be negative about my mother, but it would be a story about how my father had been difficult during high school and he was never home and they couldn't stand that he was always with HER.  And it would have been a funny story that you sit around and hear about your parent when you're a teen or older, except that HER was my mother.  Little things like that.  And it happened on my mom's side in relation to my father as well.  No one ever meant anything by it, but it does happen.

I watched BGM/BEA and never saw Hoppy's/Jason's dynamic as anything other than that of a normal close/loving family. Since we don't know what the family, as a whole, was like before their other son died, we really can't say they haven't moved forward in their lives. Jason lived out of state and the Hoppy's didn't move to NYC, they still lived their everyday lives in Pa., so that says they did move forward.

What happened with your grandparents doesn't mean it will to happen to Bryn, it is possible but not certain. Once again, I go back to the damage Bethenny has already done to Jason/the Hoppy's with her tirades in the media/press/talk show/HW show, yet we didn't hear a peep out of Jason, his lawyers or his parents, so the precedent of smack talking a parent has already been set but by Bethenny, not Jason or the Hoppy's. Of course, we don't know what happens behind closed doors, most people will be on their best behavior in public, which makes Bethenny's public tirades all the more worrisome for what happens behind her closed doors.  

ETA, I believe that all of them, Bethenny, Jason and the Hoppy's love Bryn but, IMO, Bethenny hates Jason/parents more.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 15

What parent could even consider for one second that showing hatred towards their childs father is not going to affect their child? All Brynn has to do when she gets older is watch some past episodes of RHONY and she will see that her mom is mentally ill and an awful human being. Actually she probably already knows there's something not right about Mommy! I wouldn't be surprised if B kicks Cookie when she's in a bad mood.

Who was that stupid blonde (in the white eyelet top) sitting with Bethanny discussing whether B should tell Luanne about the dirt she got on Tom?

Man, what an ass kisser she is. Telling Bethany that the other women will be mad at her (Bethany) for not going on the Miami trip because Bethanny is so much fun, the trip won't be fun without B. And I'm so over listening to B talk about her health problems. Who gives a fuck about you Bethenny? Anybody except you?

I think I'm actually becoming physically ill just watching this wretched woman. I must go make an appointment with my doctor. Thanks B, can I sue you for making me sick?

• Love 8

Bethenny loves Cookie.  Cookie gives her unconditional love.  I think Cookie bites the people Bethenny doesn't like bc dogs have a way of sensing our dislike of people.  They are very attuned to our moods.  And Cookie is a biter like her mom.  I think Cookie has been the only constant in Bethenny's life for 16 years.  Bethenny may be a lot of horrible things, but I can't imagine her kicking her dog or hurting Bryn.  Now in the future, I imagine she and Bryn will have epic meltdown fights when Bryn gets to the teenage angst years.  A lot of normal mother/daughter relationships go through that.  But Bethenny has so much baggage with her own mother/daughter relationship that she is going to need to be in therapy before it happens in order not to read too much into her own daughter's teenage angst.  It is normal to some degree for a teen to reject/separate from her mother.  Bethenny can't take it personally.  

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Showthyme said:

Bold mine.

Yeah, Michael Jackson's.

With a dip into Brynn's closet once in a while.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 8

It's hard for me to see anyone faulting Beth for whatever feelings she might have in relation to her own mortality and her daughter. Is there any mother who is facing a health crisis that wouldn't be frantic at what she would be missing by leaving her child without a mother? Is it selfish to think in such a manner? If so, then sign me up, because that is where my head/heart would go. Is she worried about her child? Of course, but it is all tied up together. 

My BFF lost her mom when she was only 8, two years before I met her. When her mom found out her illness was terminal, she went into full time "memory" mode. She wrote letters and journals, terrified that her young daughter would forget her. She had a wonderful husband, but was agonized at the idea that she - the mother - would be forgotten. She made videos of herself, put together a family tree, recipes, and just general information that she said she would have shared with her daughter over the years had she been alive. She sprayed her perfume on the letters, on her high school year book, on her diploma, and awards she had won, because she was afraid she wouldn't remember how her mother smelled. She had a box for every phase in her life. One for when she went to High School, where she shared stories of her own High School experience. One that she put together for College, that my friend opened on our bed the first night in our college dorm. She shared letters about her own time in college, the first time she got drunk, and yes - even detailed the first time she had sex and fell in love. She said those were things she would have shared had she been alive. Her biggest fear was that her daughter would never know how much she loved her and what her own journey though life had been like. I never thought that there was anything selfish about all of this. Even before I was a mother I totally got it. 

I think the hate for Beth reaches such levels that even things that are meaningful and understandable become fodder or examples of what a terrible person she must be. Even when it is all completely understandable and would illicit sympathy should it come from anyone else. 

• Love 10

I hope that B took the time to look back at what brought her to this place of alone. 

And, unfortunately, she has left a record of sorts for Bryn. 

Bryn can live her mom's life vicariously through dvds and press clippings.

It will be difficult for B to rewrite those parts of her story that are so full of anger and estrangement. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's hard for me to see anyone faulting Beth for whatever feelings she might have in relation to her own mortality and her daughter. Is there any mother who is facing a health crisis that wouldn't be frantic at what she would be missing by leaving her child without a mother? Is it selfish to think in such a manner? If so, then sign me up, because that is where my head/heart would go. Is she worried about her child? Of course, but it is all tied up together. 

My BFF lost her mom when she was only 8, two years before I met her. When her mom found out her illness was terminal, she went into full time "memory" mode. She wrote letters and journals, terrified that her young daughter would forget her. She had a wonderful husband, but was agonized at the idea that she - the mother - would be forgotten. She made videos of herself, put together a family tree, recipes, and just general information that she said she would have shared with her daughter over the years had she been alive. She sprayed her perfume on the letters, on her high school year book, on her diploma, and awards she had won, because she was afraid she wouldn't remember how her mother smelled. She had a box for every phase in her life. One for when she went to High School, where she shared stories of her own High School experience. One that she put together for College, that my friend opened on our bed the first night in our college dorm. She shared letters about her own time in college, the first time she got drunk, and yes - even detailed the first time she had sex and fell in love. She said those were things she would have shared had she been alive. Her biggest fear was that her daughter would never know how much she loved her and what her own journey though life had been like. I never thought that there was anything selfish about all of this. Even before I was a mother I totally got it. 

I think the hate for Beth reaches such levels that even things that are meaningful and understandable become fodder or examples of what a terrible person she must be. Even when it is all completely understandable and would illicit sympathy should it come from anyone else. 

It is the exaggeration.  She has had a C-Section, boob jobs, a D and C. It is the putting down of her former husband and in-laws.  She was  not going in for a heart transplant or a brain tumor, it is very similar to having a C-Section, and it is a surgery she apparent could elect to have or not.   Or maybe it is the fact that she has publicly humiliated her mother she just assumes if she is not there to defend herself, others will treat her as she treated her mother.

It doesn't help that Bethenny weighs in on how everyone else should act, twists words, accusing them of being phony and becomes downright shitty when they don't follow her rules.  People expressing their opinions has more to do with what she puts out there, than what others would do when faced with the same dilemma.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

No one is saying that Bethenny can't be or shouldn't be worried about Bryn forgetting her if she died bit that is not what Bethenny said or alluded to. Her comment was that she didn't want "them", Jason/the Hoppy's, to raise Bryn. It was a slam/put down/dig and nothing else.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's hard to have sympathy for her when she has not displayed the same for others. As far as "hate" I think if I met her it would be she who hated me based on her screams of whore and fuck doll to Luann and slut shaming of her on social media. My grandmother was a prostitute. Also she has made dicey comments about race and enthnicity before and I'm not Caucasian. 

• Love 7