Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The 48

Stinger97

Clarke is still alone in the white room, frantically trying to make sense of her bizarre surroundings, while the fate of Bellamy, Finn and Raven is still unknown. Lincoln and Octavia’s daring plan is thwarted and an enemy returns. Meanwhile, Abby, Kane and the survivors of the Ark must face physical and moral dilemmas in their dangerous and beautiful new world. Finally, Jaha makes a heroic decision.

I just don't care about Murphy and have no interest in his redemption especially since they are doing it on the back of Raven who he shot. Speaking of Raven how did she get separated from the rest?

Clarke is a full on psycho at this point and everything being about her is annoying. Its like watching Elena Gilbert:The 100 style and I grew tired of Elena awhile ago. They are also doing that annoying thing again where she is the only one not acting like a sheep. 

The only scenes that really interested me were the ones with Octavia and Lincoln. The Mt. Weather scenes were a let down.

I think the biggest problem with this show is lack of character development for most of the characters. Theres a lack of emotional connection.

• Love 2

So I'm not feeling the adults on this show.  The New Chancellor doesn't seem like a nice guy at all.  The President seems creepy too.  I can see the two of them getting along waaay too well.

It's a thread I shouldn't pull, but I don't understand why the Mt. Weather people didn't take Raven with them, when they took everyone else.

I don't like that Bellamy/Finn/Raven/Clarke have been separated- I like the team dynamic they have.  And I'm sad that Bellamy is back to square one- being held prisoner.  No one even bothered to get the story from him and Finn about Murphy.

• Love 2

An interesting place to start.  Loved the team dynamic of Bellamy and Finn.  Worried about Monty and Jasper - it seems like they were drinking the kool-aid way fast.  In the finale (which is show days would have only been a day or two) Monty was panicked in the room across the hall.  Lincoln and Octavia bored me, and Kane was a jackass, so I'm over him already.  He didn't even ask for a sitrep!  How the hell does he know what's going on? 

And for some reason I feel like we are missing people. 

Also it was totally believable that Monroe and the unnamed dude that Bellamy ran into were deserters.

• Love 1

This show came back?  Damn.  I only have basic cable at the moment and I'd had no idea this show hadn't been picked up by a Canadian channel because I watched it on the CW last season.  I'll miss it, if only for the hotness that is Lincoln.  I wonder why CTV, Global and the others passed on this one?  It's no worse than anything else on their schedules.

I think Raven was underneath the ship finishing something with the explosion, so that's why the Mt weather people didn't see her/get her.

Clarke is irritating me immensely... I get being cautious and yes, it does seem a little "too good to be true" but if she were smart, she'd be biding her time much better than she is instead of freaking out so bad and trying to escape the way she did. It's interesting that these people have been down/in whatever that is all this time and it's been protecting them from the radiation. I don't know what they want with the sky people... but perhaps new DNA? Fresh breeding stock? Otherwise I'd think that they would be ideal people to send out along with their search crews to search for more survivors.

But clearly, they don't want all of the space survivors, since they lied about finding no one else. The Ark has a lot more survivors than I expected, and I guess that could tax the resources of Mt. weather... or president man doesn't want any competition or any one else trying to take over. I could definitely see he and Caine going head to head for leadership... and the ark people have lot of guns, too.

I was kind of pissed that Bellamy is the one arrested after all of the crap Murphy has pulled... I can't see him being willing to follow the adults any more than he wanted to follow Bellamy/Clarke/Finn. I'm glad that they quickly put groups of people back together, even if they aren't all in the same place. But now we are down to Mt. Weather, Camp Jaha and Octavia...

Is Jaha hallucinating? I'd think he'd have enough resources to survive for a little while at least... so maybe he has a friend to keep him company until he finds a magic way to get to the ground.

Was that really a mutated person stalking Octavia? I've been kind of hoping to see some gruesome effects from the radiation instead of just 'natural selection' of pretty people.

Raven was bleeding out from her bullet wound. She wasn't underneath the ship finishing anything. At that point she was too weak to help with the explosion. They had been carrying her around at that point.  Just like how in the finale the bullet magically ended up in her spine she magically ended up stuck on the dropship.

• Love 1

That .... was not a good episode for a Season 2 premiere.

All the characters in Mt. Weather seem to be out of sync with the rest -- Clarke, Jasper, Monty and the other 45 seem to have been in Mt. Weather for days (all cleaned up, washed, shampooed, clothes changed, wounds mostly healed), while everyone else is acting as if it is just hours after the attack/fireball/gas attack. Murphy and Raven seem to be acting as if it is hours after the attack and Bellamy/Finn and the redshirts appear to be a couple of days after the fight and fire, while Octavia/Lincoln are on the way to D.C. as Octavia is learning from Rosetta Stone for Sky People.

How come all the trees around the dropship are still green ?  If it was hot enough to incinerate the people on the ground, all the trees in the area should have been on fire and heavily charred surrounding the ship for 50+ yards around the ship (at least at the end of last season's episode they were at least covered in gray ash, but one day later back to being green).  And how come none of the flames entered the ship -- remember when the episode with the hurricane and the trees punctured the hull of the dropship (seriously ... trees punched through metal thick enough and tough enough to survive a vacuum in space) ? 

What's the deal with everyone getting severely injured again ?  Murphy's been shot, Raven's been shot, Octavia getting impaled in the leg -- again -- and poisoned, Clarke shredding her arm during her escape. Of course none of it will mean anything since none of these characters are going anywhere.

Here's a bigger question -- how come nobody noticed all the antennas/dishes/towers on top of Mt. Weather before ?  Whenever Clarke pointed to it in the pilot episode, there were no towers, etc. poking out from the top of it.

Clarke is just an asshole -- she asks herself "where am I" ?  Did you not read the sign outside your room that said 'Mt. Weather Quarantine Ward' ?  Clarke's actions in this entire episode were just terrible and driven by one thing -- all because she wants some more quality sexy time with Finn (if he's alive and she doesn't even know that for sure).

If there was a security camera in Clarke's room, why was no one monitoring when she started busting up the place -- are the Mountain Men just bad at their jobs or was it because they were all eating dinner (which is some pretty shitty security).

One minor problem -- how did Clarke know to reach through the window to turn the lock handle on the outside of the door ?  She wouldn't know it based on the door to Monty's room as there was a key lock with no handle to turn.  So, yeah, not very likely.

Who jizzed all over the Mt. Weather leader's jacket ?  Either that or he's been soaking it in salt water and letting it dry in the sun -- it looks terrible considering everyone else's clothing looks all right.  I get the people on the ark having ratty clothing, having had to recycling everything for 97 years, but the Mt. Weatherites must have a washing machine somewhere.  If they have chocolate cake, they have to have a wringer washer somewhere -- it's a matter of priorities.  And if they have hydroponics you would think they would grow some cotton or hemp to make new clothing.  At least Clarke has a new bra and underwear now, because the ones she had were probably getting pretty ripe.  That has to be bonus.

Clarke is forgetting the one big question -- who stripped off her clothing, bathed her, and put on new clothing while unconscious ?

Raven has a gunshot wound and is bleeding internally now -- she'll be fine, she'll walk it off despite needing surgery (which she still didn't have by the end of the episode).

Bellamy should be dead after that hit to the head, followed by the numerous punches.  How did he even remain conscious ?

And I seriously doubt that Kane et al just "happened" to find Finn/Bellamy.  In all those woods spread over all those mountains, they just happen to be walking through the woods less than a day after landing on the ground.  Bullshit.

How come no one from the Ark crash is injured ?  They didn't have proper seats or restraints in the Ark nor did they have a parachute (though some had retro-rockets, seen in the last episode) -- they should ALL be suffering from back injuries and broken bones.  Yet somehow, everyone seems perfectly fine.

Where the hell is Alpha Station -- and why didn't Kane/Abby tell the 100 about this place as a source of supplies and weapons before the grounder attack if it was so close by -- WTF ?

Did anyone else notice the magic disappearing goggles on Raven's arm while she was on the stretcher ?  When they bring her out of the dropship, the goggles are under her arm with the band wrapped around her upper arm.  When Finn checks her out, the goggles are clearly seen on the side of her arm. Then in the next shot, the goggles are no longer visible at all.  Magic !!!

By the way, the dropship fell about 50 miles outside Washington, D.C. near Mt. Weather -- I highly doubt that Lincoln carried Octavia on foot all that way in a day. Come on, seriously ?  Unless they moved the Lincoln Memorial further inland before the nuclear war, where was the rest of the Lincoln Memorial ?  There should be pieces of the walls and the roof all around instead the statue is sitting out in the open with only a couple of broken columns around it (which makes no sense). </snark>

The President's story about his father is ridiculous -- they must have radiation measuring devices everywhere in Mt. Weather, but just because they saw people outside his father just opened up the doors.  What an idiot his father was, and he doomed 54 people to their deaths for his incredibly stupid decision.

After 97 years underground, where did that brand new art kit come from ?  Do they have a stash of them somewhere ?

Why was Abby the only one greeting everyone at Alpha Station like she hadn't seen them since before the Arkfall (copyright, Defiance) -- they only parted ways a few hours beforehand ?  Why didn't the guys from Mt. Weather or the Grounders or the Lurkers know about Alpha Station and strip it clean in the last 97 years ?  It seems to be really close by to the dropship landing site. 

Did the security forces on the Ark have those handy dandy cattle prods with them then -- or are those new ? Why do the security officers from the Ark all seem to have brand new uniforms and equipment ?

And Jaha hears a baby on the remaining piece of the Ark in orbit -- or is he only imagining things ?

It's a thread I shouldn't pull, but I don't understand why the Mt. Weather people didn't take Raven with them, when they took everyone else.

I get that they probably couldn't find Murphy, but not searching the dropship for other unconscious people just seems stupid, especially when they were actually looking for survivors.  They were right there, and they collectively decided not to even look inside the dropship.

And finally -- where's Anya ?  She was with Clarke at the dropship and knocked out by the gas from the Mountain Men -- where did she go ?  Is she still in quarantine ?  Is she counted as part of 'The 48' at Mt. Weather ?

• Love 4

The Mt Men probably decided Raven was too injured to be worth bothering with, they took everyone else in the drop ship and left her to die imo.

Clarke realised running around being obviously distrustful wasn't getting her anywhere and changed her tactics. I wish that Monty and Jasper were more on her side but good food and nice clothes can make fools of us all especially after fighting for their lives for the last month or so and Mt Weather is the Ark plus niceties: enclosed space, provided essentials and adults enforcing strict rules. All in all I think it's understandable that the 100 kids embrace it while Clarke continues to be the mother figure looking out for all of them.  

I'm suspicious of Kane's quick arrest of Bellamy and brushing aside the potential threat Murphy poses. Did Bellamy give him an excuse and this is really about the assassination attempt on Jaha, is there a connection between Kane and Murphy? 

I've missed this silly little show, I'm glad it's back. 

• Love 1

That .... was not a good episode for a Season 2 premiere. bring her out of the dropship,

Indeed. This show has never been accurate with regard to facts about how things would be in these circumstances but it seemed like they got a new writing staff that didn't know the characters and I don't like what they did with them.

I thought Clarke was stupid this episode and she has never been stupid before.  Even if she didn't trust the Mt. weather people it was foolish for her to try to run out.  She should have gotten her bearings before making a break.  I was disappointed in Kane. He had this whole redemption storyline last year and now he is back to bossing people around and being called the next leader.  I didn't understand why they were so dismissive of Bellamy and put him in cuffs. I also have no interest in a Murphy redemption.

What most struck me was the change in dynamic. The 48 are back to being kids and being bossed around like it. By both the mount weather people and the ark. And, so far, they are acting like petulant children. Don't want to see that.

Finally, I was terribly disappointed in the ending. I just think that is such a cheap way of keeping Ja Ha in the story when really his story is over.  I don't want to see him up on the ark.  His story is done.

• Love 1

What amazed me was that after watching this show for an entire season, I watched the Season 2 premiere and couldn't remember a single character's name except for Clarke -- and that's because whenever I hear the name Clark my stupid brain immediately supplies Griswold.  I really want to like this show and I thought I did, but if I can't remember who anybody is, maybe it's not as good as I thought it was.

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 2

Glad my favorite network show is back. Sure it have its flaws, but i think they did pretty good job to create young adult type of sci-fi. After BSG and Lost ended there was no good sci-fi until The 100 came. Only Orphan Black, but that is multi-genre show and sci-fi part is minimal. Rest of it were atrocious shows like V, Event, Flashforward, Under the Dome, Revolution, Falling Skies, Strain, Helix and few others i already forgot their names.

I have to agree on Clarke stupidity, it was grating. She remember me  on Jack from Lost. Same dickheaded aproach to save everyone without having even basic understanding of the situation. Poor Maya. Kane continue to be dick also. I could live without Murphy redemption story. Hope he will get killed. If writers wanted to have some murderer amongs " The 100", they should kept Charlotte alive. Especially if they also planned to keep Jaha alive.

Teenagers who were with Bellamy were hilarious. You could see instantly they run away from the fight against grounders based on how clean their clothes were. No suprise they did not follow Bellamy in his attack on that grounder. I know some do not like Octavia story because of romance, but i think it is nice opportunity to get us to see grounders from inside (without being a prisoner, which does not really offer that much of insight).

Edited by GaiusB
  • Love 1

Clarke annoyed me so much, I get she's distrustful but relax for 5 minutes. Clean up, eat, nobody is trying to kill you. Jasper and Monty have the right idea. Learn about your new surroundings then look for an exit.

Not feeling the adults from the Arc just coming down and taking charge with their rules. Bellamy and Finn don't look they appreciate it also. Don't see them all co-existing as a unit.

This show came back?  Damn.  I only have basic cable at the moment and I'd had no idea this show hadn't been picked up by a Canadian channel because I watched it on the CW last season.  I'll miss it, if only for the hotness that is Lincoln.  I wonder why CTV, Global and the others passed on this one?

Netflix Canada has the rights to the show in Canada that's why its not on CTV/Global etc.. Every Wednesday night (usually after midnight/12am Thurs) the new episode is uploaded. 

• Love 1

Very happy to see Lincoln again but I always feel as though his days are numbered.  It's too bad that the guy has his own people, other tribes, and The 100 targeting him, otherwise he would be a good person to attach yourself to.  He has knowledge of the terrain and awesome survival skills.  Plus he's hot and speaks multiple languages, yay.

What is it with the blood?  Always so much blood.  Everyone had blood smeared all over their faces, and you have to wonder where it is all coming from.  Everyone just happened to have facial or head wounds?  Gross.

I don't care about the Mt. Weather storyline, so I'm hoping that Clarke quickly finds a way to escape (I know that's not going to happen, though).  So far I'm not enjoying any of the new Mt. Weather characters that have been introduced.

So, now we've got another group of people that happened to survive everything.  This time, they're living in an undercover bunker and are "civilized", unlike the Grounders, but are shady as hell.  I mean, when your President is being played by Raymond J. Berry (Arlo Givens from Justified), you know this group can't be trusted.  That said, Clarke would take the most obvious and stupid approach to this scenario, and almost get herself killed.  At least she seems to be taking a different approach now, but she's already probably on their permanent radar.  And, she has no allies, since Monty and Jasper seemed totally snowed.  You can't compete against cake!

Heh, so despite some of the producers claiming that "maybe" some of the characters didn't survive, everyone pretty much did. Bellamy.  Finn.  Raven.  Freaking Murphy.  Even Jaha is still alive up in The Ark.  Nice try, guys.

Yeah, I have a feeling there isn't going to be much love between the adults and The 100.  Kane is already lording his power over everyone, and I can't see either Bellamy or Finn putting up with that.  Of course, the adults have all the cool weapons, so they have the advantage.  But, I suspect whenever they get around to getting everyone back together, there is probably going to be some kind of power struggle between Kane and Clarke, with Abby stuck in between.

Lincoln and Octavia escaped, but she got poisoned, so he had to take her back to his home for the cure.  We'll see where this goes.

What did happen to Anya?  Was it simply a case of them not being able to secure Dichen Lachman for another season?

Also not to be nitpicky but they have chocolate cake? The closest place to get the beans to produce chocolate would be in Mexico. Its a tropical weather product and right now the top bean producer is the Ivory Coast. 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure we are supposed to assume they have extensive indoor gardens with all the proper lighting, temperature and water.  

So this wasn't too terrible.  I felt it a lot more enjoyable with the focus on the plot rather than love hexagons.  There are still some kinks, but my interest for this season has been piqued.  

So any thoughts on the Lincoln Memorial? I was under the impression they landed on the west coast. There are no mountains within eye sight of downtown DC and there's no way a rain forest would've sprouted up over in just a 100 years. So that sounds like someone tried to move it. I guess given that the Mt. Weather crew have valuable pieces of art, it may mean that Mt. Weather was also meant to serve as a vault.

• Love 1

I try not to think too much about geography with this show.  It's never very logical or consistent.  They definitely didn't land on the west coast.  Mount Weather is in Virginia, about 60 miles from the Lincoln Memorial.  It's completely unbelievable that Octavia and Lincoln walked that far in such a short amount of time but they've also had the cast cross two or three mountains in about ten minutes, so *shrug*.  

If I had to make something up about it, I'd say the nuclear blast somehow moved the Lincoln Memorial.  I'd also say the nuclear war made a rain forest grow ridiculously fast.  It's plausible, considering all the pine-apple trees the kiddos uncovered last season.  

The real Mount Weather likely does have some sort of vault within the structure with things already stored or plans to evacuate certain goods in case of disaster.  It seems logical that Mount Weather on the show has an extensive art collection.  

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure we are supposed to assume they have extensive indoor gardens with all the proper lighting, temperature and water.  

They don't grow cocoa beans in labs now so I highly doubt they'd have the technology in the future after a nuclear war to do it. 

They don't grow cocoa beans in labs now so I highly doubt they'd have the technology in the future after a nuclear war to do it. 

LOL.  We have the technology NOW to grow these things indoors.  One can find theobroma cacao growing in conservatories or private homes, just as an example.  It's inefficient to do this for any sort of large scale commercial operation which is why your chocolate doesn't come from indoor cacao farms.  The people in the future should have no problem growing theobroma cacao provided they have the resources to do so.  The knowledge and tech already exists and will still exist when their nuclear war happens.  What is more unknown is whether they have the power supply to make it possible, which obviously they do, at least on a small scale.  

Ok episode, I like the Mt Weather scenario, I would love if they were good people, just to throw Clarke for a loop. She really acted badly. Who acts like that? I was so upset about her breaking the heel on that shoe! I yelled " those were vintage, stupid"

I also spent quite a bit of time identifying the art on the walls, I saw "Girl with the pearl earring" by Vermeer and "Starry night" by Van Gogh? I also saw the painting from Ferris Bueller, but I don't know anything about it, oh and a Renoir. I am sure that amazing stained glass window behind the head table is something important, but I can't place it.

If they stay at Mt Weather, I will be spending more time looking at the walls behind them, rather than watching the show.

Edited by Arynm

LOL.  We have the technology NOW to grow these things indoors.  One can find theobroma cacao growing in conservatories or private homes, just as an example.  It's inefficient to do this for any sort of large scale commercial operation which is why your chocolate doesn't come from indoor cacao farms.  The people in the future should have no problem growing theobroma cacao provided they have the resources to do so.  The knowledge and tech already exists and will still exist when their nuclear war happens.  What is more unknown is whether they have the power supply to make it possible, which obviously they do, at least on a small scale.  

Those who do attempt to grow the plant indoors don't do it to produce the pods. Its very difficult to produce the pods outside of its natural environment. Unless Mt. Weather has the technology to mimic the temperatures in its natural environment. 

Those who do attempt to grow the plant indoors don't do it to produce the pods. Its very difficult to produce the pods outside of its natural environment. Unless Mt. Weather has the technology to mimic the temperatures in its natural environment. 

The entire compound is climate controlled.  And I"m not talking about some standard HVAC system, but an incredibly complex feat of engineering that allows humans to thrive and survive for nearly a century in a massive underground bunker.  They very obviously have the technology to mimic different environments.  There shouldn't be anything mysterious about growing food outside of a natural environment because it's done all the freaking time TODAY.  I really don't think they would be growing all that much chocolate.  This is, of course, assuming they are growing their own food.  I'm not sure it would be possible to store preserved food to feed a growing population for at least 100 years.  

The bigger question is how they are supplying power to this climate system.  I didn't catch whether or not any power supply was mentioned but I saw kris4n6 said something about hydro electric power from Philpott Dam. For now I'm just going to ignore the problems associated with a lack of maintenance at the dam.  

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 1

I also spent quite a bit of time identifying the art on the walls, I saw "Girl with the pearl earring" by Vermeer and "Starry night" by Van Gogh? I also saw the painting from Ferris Bueller, but I don't know anything about it,

That's La Grande Jatte by Seurat. I don't remember seeing it in the episode, but I remember it from Ferris Bueller. I saw it several years ago and that thing is HUGE. Even more amazing that he did something so large just with dots of paint.

• Love 1

The entire compound is climate controlled.  And I"m not talking about some standard HVAC system, but an incredibly complex feat of engineering that allows humans to thrive and survive for nearly a century in a massive underground bunker.  They very obviously have the technology to mimic different environments.  There shouldn't be anything mysterious about growing food outside of a natural environment because it's done all the freaking time TODAY.  I really don't think they would be growing all that much chocolate.  This is, of course, assuming they are growing their own food.  I'm not sure it would be possible to store preserved food to feed a growing population for at least 100 years.  

The bigger question is how they are supplying power to this climate system.  I didn't catch whether or not any power supply was mentioned but I saw kris4n6 said something about hydro electric power from Philpott Dam. For now I'm just going to ignore the problems associated with 

The president guy said that they used hydro electric power from the dam... which I suppose is why we got that distance shot showing a dam and all of the satellite dishes (which, what's the purpose of those? Obviously they couldn't communicate with space in any way... were there other bunkers out there?)

I do agree that they must have found a way to grow what they need, it doesn't seem far fetched to me... the ark folks were growing food and animals in space for eating... plus no one said that it's real chocolate or high quality chocolate... maybe they have a bunch of extracts or something :P

Edited by Jjrmt
I do agree that they must have found a way to grow what they need, it doesn't seem far fetched to me... the ark folks were growing food and animals in space for eating... plus no one said that it's real chocolate or high quality chocolate... maybe they have a bunch of extracts or something :P

It wouldn't take much to impress the remains of the 'The 100' with chocolate -- they've probably never tasted it before -- so it could be ersatz chocolate for all they know.

Maybe the Mt. Weatherites invented replicators in the intervening 97 years.

• Love 1

Yeah, I have a feeling there isn't going to be much love between the adults and The 100.  Kane is already lording his power over everyone, and I can't see either Bellamy or Finn putting up with that.  Of course, the adults have all the cool weapons, so they have the advantage.  But, I suspect whenever they get around to getting everyone back together, there is probably going to be some kind of power struggle between Kane and Clarke, with Abby stuck in between.

There is possibility for some interesting dynamics here, for sure. On one hand, I can almost see Kane's point. From his perspective, these are just kids, and criminal kids at that, so of course he's not going to pay much attention to what they have to say. However, what he's going to have to figure out real fast is that by dumping them on a planet alone, you've basically forced them to grow up (albeit to varying extents), and that "criminal" is a much greyer area down here than it was able to be on the Ark. As a result, some of these kids should not be, and undoubtedly will not allow themselves to be, so easily dismissed.

All that said, even if you don't think they're going to have much useful or valuable to tell you, it's still shockingly stupid not to try and get some information from the people (even if they are child criminals) who have been on the ground for however long and have some knowledge of the terrain, the other denizens, the politics among themselves, etc. I could even understand his immediate arrest of Bellamy, based only on what he was witnessing, but I would have thought the smarter plan would have been to arrest both Bellamy and Murphy, and sort things out from there. If he takes the attitude that whoever's getting attacked at a given moment is necessarily the innocent victim, he's going to find himself sorely mistaken.

I think it was a good premiere. I liked the Mt Weather introduction, I still enjoy the little romance between Lincoln and Octavia and the president has some appropriate creepiness and coldness about him that makes Clarke´s distrust logical. The only thing I didn´t like was Raven being used as a redemption device for that psycho guy. I hoped he is truly finally dead and instead we are forced to listen his oh so moving background story. 

Still, this show has one big problem and that it´s budget is so small they can´t afford a bunch of memorable extras they could put in front whenever these crowd scenes comes out and give them some characteristics we could care about. It´s so obvious the both the adult and survivors crowds are different sometime scene from scene. It would be much better if it´s not just Abby who is worried about her child but someone from the background people too. And what happened with that cute girl whos father sacrificed himself so she could live? 

I have zero idea what they plan to do with Jaha and the child??? but they better find a way how to reunite him with the rest of the team soon because I have zero interest watch his alone in the space adventures just because the producers got cold feet they will be called racist because they murdered both their black characters in the first season.

Kane and Abby are absolutely going to pork. He will probably turn evil again after and become a new Mt Weather dictator. He has some charisma which makes him a natural leader, but Abby annoys me, especially when dying Raven lies on the gurney and she, the doctor, focuses all her energy into writing three lines long note to Clarke. It´s also really selfish to be so distraught over Clarke who is only missing when there are other parrent´s kids bodies all around.

Edited by jane1978

Wow, I really liked that. Totally didn't expect to! And the main reason? Mount Weather. It's so Fallout-y! (Fallout is a video game franchise about a very stylized retro-futuristic post-apocalyptic future, and is basically the reason I love this genre so damn much). I loved the President and the whole atmosphere and I'm 100% sure they are planning to exterminate all contaminated humans a la Enclave. The only bad thing is that Jasper and Monty aren't dynamic enough to be stuck there with Clarke, I'd prefer someone more interesting (I'm sure Raven would have been thrilled to live in such a place).

It's funny that with all those cliffhanger-y deaths, literally no one died. Even Murphy. Although I'm actually glad about Murphy - I don't know why, but I find him somewhat interesting. Maybe because I never bought him as a real villain - he was never malicious, just a screwed up, angry kid. His behavior towards Charlotte (or whatever was the name of that girl who killed Wells) wasn't so much out of line. If the show doesn't consider Bellamy a monster, Murphy's not any worse.

I'm kinda pissed Jaha's alive, though. His final scene in the season finale was pretty awesome, and I don't really see any role left for him on the show.

Lincoln/Octavia was the worst part of the episode for me, but luckily, they had only, like, 3 minutes of screen time. Still find that romance completely forced and don't care. They aren't that bad when separated, but together? Snoozefest.

Disappointed Finn's still alive, but didn't really expect the show to get rid of him so easily. He's totally become "that character" for me, the one I hate no matter what he does and I'm anxiously waiting for him to get offed. 

I hope Clarke won't be stuck in Mount Weather for too long, because I'm kinda wondering how would she fit in the new way of life governed by Kane and Abbie. I expect it to be an interesting storyline.

Edited by FurryFury

The bigger question is how they are supplying power to this climate system.  I didn't catch whether or not any power supply was mentioned but I saw kris4n6 said something about hydro electric power from Philpott Dam. For now I'm just going to ignore the problems associated with a lack of maintenance at the dam.  

I looked up where Philpott Dam is, and it's nowhere near Mount Weather.  So there doesn't seem to be any plausible way that they could do any maintenance on the dam, plus I doubt that the infrastructure to get power from the dam to the mountain still exists.  I guess they wanted to put in a real place and just did a random Google search for dams in Virginia.  

• Love 3

Welcome to Survivor: PostApoc. This season we have three tribes in competition for the grand prize of one slightly used planet. First we have Grubby Tribe, who come with Resistance to Radiation and Barbaric Life Skills. Then there's Bunker Tribe, who have decided to forgo Resistance to Radiation in favor of Self Sufficiency, Intact Technology, and Strong Defense. And of course, Crash Tribe, with Resistance to Radiation, Hubris, and Internal Factionalism. Be on the lookout for a silver cake knife: it's the Immunity Idol.

• Love 6

I'm confused about why, if Clarke wants to leave so badly, they don't just let her? Kick her ass out and lock the door behind her, right? RIGHT?

Maybe they're afraid she'll give away the entrance to their lair to the grounders? Or maybe they're afraid she'll start a rebellion?

I missed this show, and enjoyed the season opener. I liked seeing what happened to all the characters, and how they are moving. No idea why Jaha is still a story line, but I love Lincoln, and can't wait to see what happens when they get to his people. For some reason they didn't air ep 2 in Chicago on Wednesday, but it will air Sunday, probably due to some dumb political debate. I too am creeped out by that actor who plays the president, he is defintely up to something.

What's the deal with the Mount Weather clothing being so disclosed? Are the colors fading or is there mold or dust or something on them? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. The clothing is supposed to be clean and it is implie that they wash and dry the clothing there but it looks so dirty or faded/dis colored, some more than others. It drives me crazy!

Edited by katelynbrooke

Glad my favorite network show is back. Sure it have its flaws, but i think they did pretty good job to create young adult type of sci-fi. After BSG and Lost ended there was no good sci-fi until The 100 came. Only Orphan Black, but that is multi-genre show and sci-fi part is minimal. Rest of it were atrocious shows like V, Event, Flashforward, Under the Dome, Revolution, Falling Skies, Strain, Helix and few others i already forgot their names.

I get a bee in my bonnet when people haven't seen or forget the great Fringe.   

• Love 4

So, this is the first time I'm watching the series because I've heard some positive things (so I am way, way, way behind on the commentary). Although I find certain aspects good, there's just a lot of questions I keep having. It happened when watching the first season, but this premiere just had me asking more (and I'm hoping some get answered later on).

I think I misunderstood the President's reason for Mount Weather people being "pure" or whatever over Grounders. Is it because they boarded up in a bunker right away so their exposure to radiation disappeared over time? 

Why did Kane arrest Bellamy but not Murphy? I don't think he knows that he's the one who shot Jaha, or else I'd just assume it's because he's pissed off at Bellamy (although maybe he does). Also, I totally get why Bellamy wouldn't want the Ark people to come down now. Kane and his men have been down there for a short amount of time, and without getting any information as to what happened, he already starts rebuilding and implementing rules. I get it; there needs to be order and all that, and these kids are criminals. However, I thought it was a total overreaction on Kane's part to arrest Bellamy and then give Murphy a helping hand up off the ground.

Clarke kind of really annoys me, and has for a while, because she goes back and forth on being noble and inciting violence. It's like she doesn't know whether to kill or spare lives. I understand her intent to escape, though. I just wish her storyline had better characters to act against. Jasper and Monty aren't great examples (Jasper more than Monty), and I was hoping for another season 1 character to be with her that would help elevate Clarke's scenes.

I thought I'd like Octavia but somewhere at the end of season 1, I realized that I didn't like her; not that I hate her, but I find her storyline boring. I like Lincoln a lot, but their Star Crossed Lovers story has me showing zero interest; Octavia's only interesting with Bellamy or with Clarke or Raven.

I like the idea of Mount Weather, but I'm worried about the execution. So far, this episode had me questioning more than enjoying.

I honestly would have rather Jaha died at the end of season 1. I'm worried about the BS reasoning they'll have to keep him around. 

Just started watching this show, it has a real BSG feel, even several cast members have had cameos, and Alessandro Juliani is a regular. My question is, what is with the suit the President of Mount Weather is wearing? It looks like they have tailor markings, like you are getting a suit fitted. Is that meant to look old? Some kind of fashion trend?