Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

Some great news. BB went to the vet Monday for his teeth. His was supposed to have them cleaned and have one or two pulled. After the cleaning and upon further exam they decided that no teeth had to be extracted. Squeaky goes Friday for her cleaning, but they don’t expect any issues. Hooray for my kitties and my wallet 😺

Below she is annoyed that her brother is trying to fit on her pillow. Sharing isn’t her strong suit. 
                             🐾 Happy Whiskers Wednesday to Every Paw 🐾 

B5F917A3-17C6-47B3-BF44-870F2A9CB7BD.thumb.jpeg.2e20c6615e16b53803f993de250a8839.jpeg

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Some great news. BB went to the vet Monday for his teeth. His was supposed to have them cleaned and have one or two pulled. After the cleaning and upon further exam they decided that no teeth had to be extracted. Squeaky goes Friday for her cleaning, but they don’t expect any issues. Hooray for my kitties and my wallet 😺

Below she is annoyed that her brother is trying to fit on her pillow. Sharing isn’t her strong suit. 
                             🐾 Happy Whiskers Wednesday to Every Paw 🐾 

B5F917A3-17C6-47B3-BF44-870F2A9CB7BD.thumb.jpeg.2e20c6615e16b53803f993de250a8839.jpeg

Squeaky looks furious, lol. I feel like this pic was taken seconds before she smacked BB on the back of the head.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

Today is the 11th anniversary of Girl Cat coming to live with me. She's sleeping off some celebratory catnip on her heating pad and I can't get a good picture. I hope it's been a good 11 years for her.

A tuxedo cat was hanging around the front steps when I went out to fill the bird feeders a couple of hours ago. It ran away but came back and stayed at a distance when I said hello. It's been hunkered down under a tree in my backyard since. So...this would explain the mystery meowing last night--it did again after I was inside. Since it hovered for a bit, I think it must have humans, I hope it does, and I hope it goes home soon because otherwise I'm going to fret about it for hours. Should I put out some food? I can't take in another cat, it would be unfair to the one I have. Please go home, kitty.

• Love 4

Our girl also had her vet appt last week with a great report. Despite the fact of her congenital gum condition, the way we came up with to keep it at bay is still working! Her teeth and gums look great, so we're thrilled. We had to hand her over in the carrier and couldn't go in with her, but the vet says she was perfectly behaved. It's always a point of pride when your kids don't embarrass you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

the vet says she was perfectly behaved. It's always a point of pride when your kids don't embarrass you.

Haha, so true. 

During a recent trips to the vet, my mom talked about how, while she waited for the vet to return, she overheard them talking to a couple of their co-workers about how pretty our cat was :D. Times like that it'd be fun to be a vet, getting to see all these adorable little animals come through when doing a general checkup. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Haha, so true. 

During a recent trips to the vet, my mom talked about how, while she waited for the vet to return, she overheard them talking to a couple of their co-workers about how pretty our cat was :D. Times like that it'd be fun to be a vet, getting to see all these adorable little animals come through when doing a general checkup. 

That part is fun.

• Love 4

Parker went to the vet last week and the vet went on about what a cutie she is (it’s the mitts and bib). Then she also called me cutie, and I think Parker was offended.  

Here’s Parker in her new scratching bed, which she got for her birthday (it’s Sunday)

C2B9E7E7-B1AD-4324-AF0C-CF8B69A96EFE.jpeg

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Parker went to the vet last week and the vet went on about what a cutie she is (it’s the mitts and bib). Then she also called me cutie, and I think Parker was offended.  

Here’s Parker in her new scratching bed, which she got for her birthday (it’s Sunday)

C2B9E7E7-B1AD-4324-AF0C-CF8B69A96EFE.jpeg

Parker is so CUTE! Such pretty markings. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OMG! I laughed so hard my water came out my nose!!

A dog I can see, a cat never ever in this world!!

Our Maine C***, like the one pictured here, loves water.  She takes a shower with my DH every morning and is fond of sitting in her water dish. We're thinking of adding a small room with a kiddie pool for her.

image.png.7810ca751bc1d8756739d86cd51c1f7b.png

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Our Maine C***, like the one pictured here, loves water.  She takes a shower with my DH every morning and is fond of sitting in her water dish. We're thinking of adding a small room with a kiddie pool for her.

image.png.7810ca751bc1d8756739d86cd51c1f7b.png

I love the look on that cat's face. "Yes, I am a cat in water. Yes, I chose to do this willingly. Yes, I am just fine.  Now please, let me finish my laps."

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

I love the look on that cat's face. "Yes, I am a cat in water. Yes, I chose to do this willingly. Yes, I am just fine.  Now please, let me finish my laps."

She's so funny about it. After her shower, she gets brushed. Spoiled monster!

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Bastet said:

One of the cats I grew up with would come lie on my chest when I took a bath.  She would never mess with cold water, but she loved warm water.

Squeaky will occasionally do that. She also like when I make small water sprays for her to paw at. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, that whole squirt kitty with a mister when she's naughty does not work with Elizabeth because she loves it.

Never worked on mine either. I have a tone of voice. They know it means business. If you went to slap one of my cats they’d go to meet you halfway because they only know love and food comes from hands. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have a tone of voice. They know it means business.

Same. 

They probably wouldn't respond well to being sprayed with water either, though. They tend to flinch away if they get a drop of it anywhere near them. 

That said, the other morning, my mom was getting ready in the bathroom, and she opened the shower curtain to turn on the water, and Mitsi was sitting there in our bathtub, just chilling. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

My late great Baby Boo was a tuxedo Maine C***. I had to leave the water running in one of the bathrooms for him to drink. He liked it fresh not out of the bowl. I miss that sweet boy to this day!

Boo and his lion cut, he really tangled a lot!

fullsizeoutput_298.jpeg

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 16
43 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

My late great Baby Boo was a tuxedo Maine C***. I had to leave the water running in one of the bathrooms for him to drink. He liked it fresh not out of the bowl. I miss that sweet boy to this day!

fullsizeoutput_298.jpeg

Beautiful boy!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

fullsizeoutput_298.jpeg

I think your kitty looked great with the lion cut. Much better than dealing with tangles, especially if he didn’t like being groomed. A very handsome man. 

• Love 5

He was my heart, an inside kitty, a rescue. He was a bit over 12 when he passed.  I love my ferals but no one will take his place in my heart. The kitties make me smile again and love again but I don't know if I can let one live inside again. Maybe in time...

• Love 6

This is an old picture, but absolutely true.  Lily jumped up on the side of the tub and drank bath water for five minutes, and I discovered why once I got out of the bath.  I started putting warm water in the water dish in the morning, because it turns out she likes it.

Cat shaming.jpg

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

She looks picture perfect. Like a page from a cat calendar!

Thanks!  She acts as cute as she looks.  She's a little charmer.

• Love 9
On 2/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Squeaky will occasionally do that. She also like when I make small water sprays for her to paw at. 

I have a cat named Squeaky too!

• Love 6