Type keyword(s) to search

Pet(s): Photos & Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Chicago-land had an unseasonably warm day on Saturday, so Cosmo and I had a “day out!” One of the shopping buildings downtown is dog friendly (the only place he can’t go is the cafe), so I took him and bought eye cream (I’m trying out the avocado eye cream from kiehls).

He was a true STAR! So popular, everyone wanted to pet him. I think he had so much fun! Of course it’s hard to actually shop with him, but I will take him back before it gets too hot (he doesn’t like the heat)

Afterwards we went to our neighborhood pet boutique to pick up the cat food order and he did some “shopping” of his own. I just took the tag to pay for it. I had to trick him to get the stick away, I gave him the other half on Sunday. 

9D6E24A6-F797-43A9-812D-85E099C60597.jpeg

521BCA47-9430-4738-BB1F-322BF216DD0B.jpeg

45BBC70A-D875-4B94-A5A3-E1C81D8CFDE0.jpeg

Looks like that sweet boy had fun shopping!

• Love 8

I’m thinking about trying something called MYOS, for my dog.  I’ll be living on macaroni and cheese, and water, if I do, but it would be worth it if it helped to build up the muscles in his back legs again.  I don’t know if we’ve waited too long.  I finally got some sleep, the other night, but I’m dragging most of the time. I also don’t know why the vet wouldn’t have mentioned it.  The supplement they gave is (a different one for arthritis) is cheaper on Amazon, not doesn’t appear to be helping.  I ordered a cheaper one from vetri-science, that should arrive this afternoon. I might make him turmeric paste, too.  He’s really picky, but I can give him things in these little sausages that he loves.   

I also managed to hurt my lower-right back/hip area again, pushing him around on his wheels.  I’m trying to help him,  but have no idea what’s going on with my own body.  

I took this a few weeks ago.  If it will upload.  

3C4298FD-A642-4942-9C5E-5D134CDD2126.jpeg

• Love 12

Huck has not been having nearly as much fun. No idea how he did it, but he managed to tear a hole in his shoulder:

2009406678_image1(1).jpeg.2ebd5b563534781962c48f34617d3f14.jpeg

At about 3:30 in the morning yesterday, we got back from the emergency vet:

1808624318_image0(1).jpeg.a2abefa2d7330495cdb8c18edcb21b7d.jpeg

I actually took him last night instead of today because he had gotten to the point where is was sitting stock still, shaking and I couldn't even move him. Turns out, that's because he was afraid of the CONE that I had put on him to keep him away from it until we could go to the vet! I've never heard of cone paralysis, but to move him anywhere with the cone I had to bodily pick him up and carry him. He's 50 pounds. I was actually afraid that I'd drop him last night when I was getting him into bed. 

Luckily, I'm dog sitting for my aunt and uncle at the moment and she had an inflatable donut that I can use instead. If he tries, he can take it off, so that's a fun "keep an eye on things" situation.'' 

I have to keep stopping him from playing with the other dogs today so he must not be feeling to poorly at this point, thank goodness. I, on the other hand, am a mess. I kept not being able to sleep last night so I stayed in bed until after 9. Then I spent a couple hours trying to deal with the cone situation so I didn't start working until almost noon instead of 7am.

The sedative that they give him last night caused him to completely vacate his bowels. He completed that process in the back seat of my car last night. I still have to clean that up... 

1217359259_image0(2).jpeg.9ab395c5e49e8a3e143b68b6728dba2b.jpeg

(Diesel is the boy next to Huck)

Here's the queen of the house, Sadie:

1935466042_image0(3).jpeg.0a250f73a160dd6255f0b7519bdab0fe.jpeg

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jalyn said:

Huck has not been having nearly as much fun. No idea how he did it, but he managed to tear a hole in his shoulder:

2009406678_image1(1).jpeg.2ebd5b563534781962c48f34617d3f14.jpeg

At about 3:30 in the morning yesterday, we got back from the emergency vet:

1808624318_image0(1).jpeg.a2abefa2d7330495cdb8c18edcb21b7d.jpeg

I actually took him last night instead of today because he had gotten to the point where is was sitting stock still, shaking and I couldn't even move him. Turns out, that's because he was afraid of the CONE that I had put on him to keep him away from it until we could go to the vet! I've never heard of cone paralysis, but to move him anywhere with the cone I had to bodily pick him up and carry him. He's 50 pounds. I was actually afraid that I'd drop him last night when I was getting him into bed. 

Luckily, I'm dog sitting for my aunt and uncle at the moment and she had an inflatable donut that I can use instead. If he tries, he can take it off, so that's a fun "keep an eye on things" situation.'' 

I have to keep stopping him from playing with the other dogs today so he must not be feeling to poorly at this point, thank goodness. I, on the other hand, am a mess. I kept not being able to sleep last night so I stayed in bed until after 9. Then I spent a couple hours trying to deal with the cone situation so I didn't start working until almost noon instead of 7am.

The sedative that they give him last night caused him to completely vacate his bowels. He completed that process in the back seat of my car last night. I still have to clean that up... 

1217359259_image0(2).jpeg.9ab395c5e49e8a3e143b68b6728dba2b.jpeg

(Diesel is the boy next to Huck)

Here's the queen of the house, Sadie:

1935466042_image0(3).jpeg.0a250f73a160dd6255f0b7519bdab0fe.jpeg

Goodness! I’m so sorry for what you both have been through. 

• Love 3

1522161249_image0(4).jpeg.6f666b61a9fd885c8e010302bddffc49.jpeg

After a little bit of drama (double check your order when you are really tired. The XS recovery outfit that showed up today was not very helpful.) we've got Huck into something that, while a little large, will work. He gave me some very annoyed glances while I was getting it on to him, but he has full motion and isn't taking it off every few minutes.

Thanks again (and kisses from Huck, who really, really appreciates it!)

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Jalyn said:

1522161249_image0(4).jpeg.6f666b61a9fd885c8e010302bddffc49.jpeg

After a little bit of drama (double check your order when you are really tired. The XS recovery outfit that showed up today was not very helpful.) we've got Huck into something that, while a little large, will work. He gave me some very annoyed glances while I was getting it on to him, but he has full motion and isn't taking it off every few minutes.

Thanks again (and kisses from Huck, who really, really appreciates it!)

Nothing can lay a guilt trip like a beagle.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

So, took Huck out this morning for his morning bathroom break. Forgot entirely, until the moment that he acceded to the "Go Potty" command that he was wearing a freaking onsie! I ordered my dog to piss his pants. *sigh*

So, onesie in the wash, I dig through the donation bin and:

970773217_image0(5).jpeg.6c08e30200d90ad01d52dcf393cc4050.jpeg

That cute little belt? is the scarf piece to the blouse :) Of course, he peed on that while on our walk this afternoon, so now he's in a t-shirt. 

ETA: minor corrections

Edited by Jalyn
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8

https://imgur.com/tOQbrig (video)

b2pQaFI.jpg

MyWICRC.jpg

Tulip, my "little one". I'll post some pictures from when they were both younger, when I can. I just took these tonight. He needs to lose some weight, like me, and we need to get him groomed. I just brought him in, but he wants to go back outside - he will stay there, wagging his tail, then ease towards you, because he wants to see you, and he'll gaze into your eyes, like he thinks you're the greatest thing in the world, outside of snow. He's almost seven now. We've had him since April 2016. 

• Love 22
39 minutes ago, Anela said:

b2pQaFI.jpg

MyWICRC.jpg

Tulip, my "little one". I'll post some pictures from when they were both younger, when I can. I just took these tonight. He needs to lose some weight, like me, and we need to get him groomed. I just brought him in, but he wants to go back outside - he will stay there, wagging his tail, then ease towards you, because he wants to see you, and he'll gaze into your eyes, like he thinks you're the greatest thing in the world, outside of snow. He's almost seven now. We've had him since April 2016. 

I love him!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Anela said:

b2pQaFI.jpg

MyWICRC.jpg

So sweet!

• Love 4
On 3/11/2022 at 7:23 PM, Anela said:

b2pQaFI.jpg

MyWICRC.jpg

It's the tail wagging to show "everything is good, I want to be here" that makes it magic :)

• Love 6
On 3/11/2022 at 7:23 PM, Anela said:

b2pQaFI.jpg

MyWICRC.jpg

Awww he’s so cute. Tulip is having the time of his life. 

Cavendish is getting time in bed before lights out, and he looks so comfy.

03E1D49F-D1AF-48CC-8061-F582ED32E762.jpeg

• Love 22
16 hours ago, supposebly said:

This is Anton. He is a refugee from Ukraine and has now safely arrived in Munich with his family.

Anton.jpeg

Aww. Previously (like 2 weeks ago) I saw so many scenes of families with pets in bomb shelters. Now it just seems to be families running for their lives :(  Hoping all families including pets can get to safety and back to their homes soon!

Edited by SoMuchTV
clarifying - bomb shelters, not animal shelters :(
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Now it just seems to be families running for their lives

Yes, he is staying with his mom and her daughter at my sister's place. He is 8 months old and seems to have dealt with the stress much better than them. His journey from Ukraine to Germany was mostly in a backpack or on his mom's lap. I don't think my cats would make it without bolting at some point. 

ETA: Forgot to add. Anton made my sister's partner a cat person within 2 hours. I'm not surprised. I always knew he was a cat person. He just didn't know it yet.

Edited by supposebly
  • Love 15
22 hours ago, supposebly said:

Yes, he is staying with his mom and her daughter at my sister's place. He is 8 months old and seems to have dealt with the stress much better than them. His journey from Ukraine to Germany was mostly in a backpack or on his mom's lap. I don't think my cats would make it without bolting at some point. 

ETA: Forgot to add. Anton made my sister's partner a cat person within 2 hours. I'm not surprised. I always knew he was a cat person. He just didn't know it yet.

Such a heartwarming story. Kudos to your family for providing shelter to people and cats in need.

• Love 10
On 3/16/2022 at 6:37 PM, supposebly said:

How generous and wonderful your family has opened their home in this way. What a gorgeous kitty. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Cosmo went to the groomer today- he won’t be this cute for very long so I had to share. I give it a week until he’s shaggy again, but he looks so much thinner! And his tail looks longer (even though it’s stubby). He will get a clean bandana tomorrow. Probably is green/gold plaid for the month of March, my Mom got him ones with shamrocks (not sure if I showed you all that one). 

07B5D91D-64A9-4F13-873C-D30FA080B3D0.jpeg

397AC0AF-DFF5-4508-8234-87F0E5A68579.jpeg

7F212F5D-47D2-4AB8-AB6A-F4BE68033D60.jpeg

178186BD-11C2-4B68-83CE-06365B9C116B.jpeg

798BF385-E3B8-4DA2-A1A5-3E2E6FC96A8C.jpeg

I love his expression in the last pic!  It looks like he was just saying something.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I just love his face. He's so expressive.

He is! I call this “why did you leave me here with these people and why aren’t you taking me away yet??”(I had to wait to pay at the groomer)

Leaving the groomer I ran into a neighbor! Their dog died a few months ago but they have a new puppy and Cosmo got to make his introductions. 

EFBDD860-981A-4596-B362-B9FDAC7F9898.jpeg

D498C757-9A90-497C-9CDB-875ADDB8505C.jpeg

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

He is! I call this “why did you leave me here with these people and why aren’t you taking me away yet??”(I had to wait to pay at the groomer)

Leaving the groomer I ran into a neighbor! Their dog died a few months ago but they have a new puppy and Cosmo got to make his introductions. 

EFBDD860-981A-4596-B362-B9FDAC7F9898.jpeg

D498C757-9A90-497C-9CDB-875ADDB8505C.jpeg

Come out and play!

• Love 4

Cats love boxes! Currently in my living room is the box that a mattress in a box arrived in last week. I'll let it hang out there for a little while longer until Luna has lost interest in it.  (It's obviously a large box, so she really likes hiding in it, and then lunging out at passers by.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Lily loves boxes, too :D. We've had a few that she's claimed as her bed for a time. 

Mitsi will occasionally sit in them, but much of the time she doesn't stay in them long, because she knows Lily will eventually come along and take it for herself :p. One time she dared to sit in a box that Lily had been using as a bed, and when Lily saw her in it, she actually came over and just sat and stared at Mitsi until she jumped out and ran away. 

And poor Mitsi tried to duck down and hide from Lily, but a) Lily had already seen her by that point, and b) the box wasn't a very tall one, so you could still very clearly see Mitsi in the box. But she tried, bless her!

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

After over three years living with me and countless deliveries during the pandemic, mine are slowly getting the hang of boxes. Fox still mostly just chews them to pieces while Scully has discovered it might be fun to catch toys while peeking from the inside. But most of the time, they don't find them all that interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, supposebly said:

The moment, I post about them being not all that interested in boxes, they prove me wrong.

PXL_20220329_033720459.jpg

I see the Roomba in your photo.  Never had an issue with cat yak?  That's what keeps me from buying one.  My two are epic yakkers.

• Useful 2

1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Never had an issue with cat yak?  That's what keeps me from buying one.  My two are epic yakkers.

You mean vomit? No vomiting. The occasional hairball every three months or so, that's it. Are you sure that's normal?

It's not an actual Roomba and it's not that great with cat hair on the vinyl floor. When I swiffer afterwards, I catch more in 10 minutes than the stupid thing that takes 2 hours to run around my place. On the upside, it's quiet, and Fox (the one lying in the box in the front) gets anxious with loud noises. She doesn't mind this one much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

256711D8-A440-47D0-8C3A-B4A461E36538.thumb.jpeg.81dc93f45b5f52d1566ca0e17a8652b6.jpeg

BB: The vet has still not figured out why I have that red ring on my one eye. Mom thinks I’m beginning to lose my site, but I’ll be 19 this year and it happens. This is the third vet that has seen it and she spent 2 hours checking me out for any issues. The good news is that I’m healthy otherwise. 

• Love 12