Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Judgment Day

• Start Topic

Regarding the mansion in which Dina held her Lady Bug charity event, you know the blonde lady with the 3 Great Danes in last week's finale episode... I live in New Jersey and was curious about it. It's called  "Abbey Farm" in the town of Colts Neck. By the way, Bruce Springsteen lives in Colts Neck. It is horsey country and full of alot of new money, with bigger open spaces, farms, alot of mansions and mcMansions which have been built over the past 20 years.

That house is a humungous 31, 000 sq. ft on 31 acres, owned by Abbey Feiler-Kober (the blonde) . The link says her husband is a plumber and she made her fortune in starting her own collection agency business. Okay so the article below says she does alot for charity and hosts a ton of events in her home for causes....but there is something that just turns me off as you check out the pictures of her house. A mega castle-like mansion with huge cavernous rooms. Why do you need such excess, even you if you can afford it. It's vulgar and selfish and I don't care how much you do for charity. Moreover, she most likely made her money on the backs of people that couldn't pay their bills in this post recession economy. People that lost their jobs and their homes while we bailed out banks and Wall Street. Disgusting.

I say this Abbey woman is another 1% vulture, ...where Teresa aspired to be. Such vulgar excesses. The times in which we live. Bilking the poor and gutting the middle class. 

http://industrym.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is/

http://www.livinginmedia.com/article/vive_la_france_abbey_feilerkober.html

Check out her tweets. Some tweets by Dina, some suggesting Abbey be added as a NJ Housewife.

https://twitter.com/abbeyfeiler

I always have to ask if people that build such large homes really do not like each other and their immediate family members? You would rarely see each other in a house that huge. These houses are more a reflection of the owners need to have their egos constantly stroked than anything else. That is why so many have double doors, they need them just to get their heads through! LOL

• Love 2

The whole "It's a Boy" story had nothing negative to do with RHNJ or her castmates.  It was all about the Giudices making a buck.  For the castmates to be so upset and petty about it was ridiculous and spoke more to their envy than anything else.  They were mad IMO that Teresa was getting covers and they weren't.  Teresa got the cookbook, not Caroline, Teresa got the Vow Renewal (not Jac), Melissa and Kathy couldn't unthrone her despite all the ganging up that crew was doing. Teresa was like the Teflon Don - here she is with bankruptcy and bankruptcy fraud allegations floating around and the tabloids are STILL chasing after her.  She gets Celeb Apprentice!  Are you kidding me?! Celeb Apprentice? All from a table flip?  They are green with envy.

Teresa wasn't going to talk about her case on camera.  The quotes she gave to magazines were innocuous about the case and could be rehearsed and gone over with her lawyer if necessary.  Jac boohooing because she read a cover that "Teresa worried about Juicy Joe Going to the Big House" was just Jac histrionics, which we got a good look at the other night.  Jac was mad. But seeing how it seems to be more mad at being left out of the loop than anything else, makes the whole magazine fiasco much ado about nothing for me.  Joe and Teresa were making money any way they could.  I think Melissa is the only one who really understood this and was trying as hard as she could to jump on that tabloid bandwagon.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 8

Oh and one last thing about Dina.

I kept noticing her sloppy manner of speaking in the finale. I know she has a Brooklyn/NJ accent. Okay. But instead of the word "with", she says "wid'. It grated on me like fingernails on a blackboard. I understand regional speak and accents and colloquialisms, but that word sounds so tough girl, and reveals her lack of ..... You can't be on TV and host your own decorating show and not use proper English. I don't care how expensive your Jimmy Choos are. Once you open your mouth.....just like Teresa.

And regarding that very limited run failed decorating show she had on HGTV awhile back (how in the hell did she get that).....the decor in her house this season and even her own clothing style is such a hodgepodge of tacky. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

I may be labeled as a horrible, awful, heartles person for this (not that I care), but I do believe that having Ter-felon-joodeechay serve her time in a 'real' prison as opposed to a 'camp' prison would put her in the only possible environment in which she just might to learn something - even if it was only that she should NEVER do something that would put her back THERE. 

I can just picture her at 'camp', assuring herself that it's not all that bad, and if someone as famous/rich as Martha Stewart was sent to a 'camp', well then she/Tre must be on a par with Martha Stewar!.

As to how hard it would be on her children to have to visit her in a scarier environment - well, I feel the same about that as I have about her becoming a felon - she didn't bother to consider her children when she was committing the crimes, so I'm not about to consider them now either. And just as it is not the job of the judge in her criminal case to be concerned about who has custody of her children during her incarceration, it is also not incumbent on the judge to worry about who is taking care of the kids while the criminals serve their time; that's Tre and Juicy's problem - a problem they recklessly and thoughtlessly created through their own greed and willingness to commit crimes to satisfy that greed.

• Love 5

The whole "It's a Boy" story had nothing negative to do with RHNJ or her castmates.  It was all about the Giudices making a buck.  For the castmates to be so upset and petty about it was ridiculous and spoke more to their envy than anything else.  They were mad IMO that Teresa was getting covers and they weren't.  Teresa got the cookbook, not Caroline, Teresa got the Vow Renewal (not Jac), Melissa and Kathy couldn't unthrone her despite all the ganging up that crew was doing. Teresa was like the Teflon Don - here she is with bankruptcy and bankruptcy fraud allegations floating around and the tabloids are STILL chasing after her.  She gets Celeb Apprentice!  Are you kidding me?! Celeb Apprentice? All from a table flip?  They are green with envy.

Teresa wasn't going to talk about her case on camera.  The quotes she gave to magazines were innocuous about the case and could be rehearsed and gone over with her lawyer if necessary.  Jac boohooing because she read a cover that "Teresa worried about Juicy Joe Going to the Big House" was just Jac histrionics, which we got a good look at the other night.  Jac was mad. But seeing how it seems to be more mad at being left out of the loop than anything else, makes the whole magazine fiasco much ado about nothing for me.  Joe and Teresa were making money any way they could.  I think Melissa is the only one who really understood this and was trying as hard as she could to jump on that tabloid bandwagon.

I dunno girl.  I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree.  I think having someone you thought of a friend lie to your face, especially when it involves whatever they could be sharing (to a degree about you) to a tabloid is enough to be justifiably pissy about.   It's just my opinion and granted I didn't follow this closely enough to remember specific instances but the overall spirit is that Teresa was saying one thing to people she claimed were friends and doing another to benefit in profit from acting dodgy with that same group of people.   Each would describe themselves as "successful" in their own terms so her success doesn't strike me as anything they'd find themselves envious of.    She sold stories for money.  It's not awesome but it's not earth shattering.  Betraying a friendship by continuing to be a sneaky heffa is whole nother kettle of fish. 

• Love 10

The "Its a boy" story was the biggest example of Teresa lying and THAT is what upset the others. Had she told them she was getting paid for the stories I don't think it would have been as big a deal. But she had to lie or risk loosing her Bravo paycheck BECAUSE she refused to say these same things ON camera. If they were that "innocuous" why not say them ON camera/on the show?

Having a friend say 1 thing to my face then another behind my back would hurt, a lot and it would piss me off. JS

I may be labeled as a horrible, awful, heartles person for this (not that I care), but I do believe that having Ter-felon-joodeechay serve her time in a 'real' prison as opposed to a 'camp' prison would put her in the only possible environment in which she just might to learn something - even if it was only that she should NEVER do something that would put her back THERE. 

I can just picture her at 'camp', assuring herself that it's not all that bad, and if someone as famous/rich as Martha Stewart was sent to a 'camp', well then she/Tre must be on a par with Martha Stewar!.

As to how hard it would be on her children to have to visit her in a scarier environment - well, I feel the same about that as I have about her becoming a felon - she didn't bother to consider her children when she was committing the crimes, so I'm not about to consider them now either. And just as it is not the job of the judge in her criminal case to be concerned about who has custody of her children during her incarceration, it is also not incumbent on the judge to worry about who is taking care of the kids while the criminals serve their time; that's Tre and Juicy's problem - a problem they recklessly and thoughtlessly created through their own greed and willingness to commit crimes to satisfy that greed.

Here, Here! ITA whole heartedly!

It is a very sad situation for their children. It is scaring and they will remember this for the rest of their lives. However, Theresa and Joe deserve what they got because what they did was wrong. Now they are paying the consequences. I also think people need to leave them alone. They regret, they apologized, and they have confessed so let them be with each other and leave them alone.

I would argue they've never confessed. Or their confessions were fake (Tre: "I'm guilty of trusting my husband and blindly signing the illegal forms put in front of me."). I have also yet to see them regret anything, or offer any kind of sincere apology. Maybe that's why people are reacting to the fallout in this angry or disbelieving way. Or maybe because they're on a reality show, and that's what they signed up for and got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for - for people to talk about their life.

• Love 4

Teresa was never a friend in the real sense to anybody. That's why I don't get why Jac cares. It's a gig.

Because they were friends BEFORE the show, in their real personal lives. The camera has brought out the ugly in all of them to 1 degree or another but the level of betrayal is beyond the pale and IMO, just mine, Teresa leads the pack in betraying women she called "friends". And she did it without looking back. Jac is an emotional mess which makes her more vulnerable to people like Teresa that can use and abuse others then drop them at the flick of a wrist. Jac becomes emotionally invested in a friendship, Teresa does not care enough to invest anything in any friendship. JMO

• Love 2

Does Jim have any proof of the 96K the people that own the house got? Raising $50,000 is great but if the owners of the house alone got 96K... it's turning into math that bothers me. I know even charity events have expenses. But I was puzzled by the point of the fashion show, and what exactly were they raising money for (as in was it going to the charity Ladybug itself to put money into... whatever Ladybug actually does -which I'm unclear of-, or was it going to a hospital, ect) that it's looking even more fishy. Even if Dina is hiding behind "Bravo paid", had the offer from Bravo to pay not have been there, would the donation offer of the house have even existed?  Though I am also the kind of person who wonders sometimes when a charity will send out address lables and notepads like crazy, if that's where too much of the donation money is going too. Again, I get making a nice event to get people to come, or to say "thank you" for donations... but Cancer Charity kind of speaks for itself, you don't (or shouldn't have too) do too much, to get people to donate if you can rely on good people giving money to a worthy place... but I guess if you're aiming for people who want to be seen giving to charity, then you do need to do work to do an event big enough that those kinds of people will show.

I heard the story about Dina and Caroline and their brothers wedding, and I believe it, but the fued was already under way, and since this guy is a Laurita I figured he chose picking whichever show would give him the best price/stuff for his wedding, family be dammed, and since Bravo/HW is the bigger deal, Caroline "won" that round.

Because they were friends BEFORE the show, in their real personal lives. The camera has brought out the ugly in all of them to 1 degree or another but the level of betrayal is beyond the pale and IMO, just mine,

I agree. It's interesting how the thing that makes this show so uncomfortable at times, is, at least for me, the thing about this show being worth getting invested in. They were friends. I've tried to watch other HW shows and I just couldn't get into them, because, I can't care if someone who knows someone for the sake of filming starts talking about them. That's why they're there. That's why I think I was so uninterested at this season. TerESSA talking about being hurt by Teresa? They barely know each other... Jaq needs to dial down her crazy, but, there was an actual friendship that existed which is understandable to go on about being hurt over (to a point.) It's terrible how the show has seemed to ruin real relationships. But that's why this might be the only "real" version of this franchise to a certain degree. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

The "Its a boy" story was the biggest example of Teresa lying and THAT is what upset the others. Had she told them she was getting paid for the stories I don't think it would have been as big a deal. But she had to lie or risk loosing her Bravo paycheck BECAUSE she refused to say these same things ON camera. If they were that "innocuous" why not say them ON camera/on the show?

Having a friend say 1 thing to my face then another behind my back would hurt, a lot and it would piss me off. JS

But these aren't real life relationships. Anyone who agrees to be on a fake reality show is in it for themselves ($$$$) anyway & couldn't care less about friendships, who said what etc. It's all for the cameras & more drama = more face time. Even if they were friends before hand everything changes when you sign on the dotted line. Quite frankly, anyone who signs away their lives for tv is certifiable.

Jac is on tv. She's not vulnerable...she's getting paid to be "vulnerable". Nothing authentic about any of them...if there was there is NO way they would expose themselves on tv. 

Teresa was never a friend in the real sense to anybody. That's why I don't get why Jac cares. It's a gig.

Exactly & it goes both ways. Jac HAS to be crushed by EVERYTHING Teresa does...she has nothing else to get her mug on tv with...

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 3

I get what you're saying, but I think Jac thought they were off-camera friends, too. But I also wouldn't discount the jealousy factor. When one HW becomes the star of the show, (some) others get jealous, and the claws come out. Exhibit A: Jill Zarin and Bethenny. With Jacqueline and Teresa, I think Jac - maybe subconsciously (b/c I don't think she's as smart or savvy as Jill Z.) - wanted to bring up the tabloid "betrayal" as a way to expose her a bit; maybe take away some of Teresa's celebrity sheen.

• Love 4

But these aren't real life relationships. Anyone who agrees to be on a fake reality show is in it for themselves anyway & couldn't care less about friendships, who said what etc. It's all for the cameras & more drama = more face time. Even if they were friends before hand everything changes when you sign on the dotted line. Quite frankly, anyone who signs away their lives for tv is certifiable.

Exactly. 

Not quite! Teresa, Jac and Dina had good friendships, REAL friendships well before the NJ HW show came into being. I think they all go into these shows thinking and believing it will not change them or their relationships. The OC was still more "real" than not at the time and did not portray how nasty thing could get nor how much people change from being on these shows. DC was on air when they began filming both Atlanta and the NJ shows the first time, so I don't think any of the NJ/Atl women could fathom what was to come. I also think fame, especially "sudden" fame changes most people and not for the better. The younger and the more materialistic they are, the more intense and worse the change in them.  Without a doubt, the NJ and ATl. shows are a cautionary tale for anyone now wanting to join a "reality" show even with so called "real" friends.

I think when you have a friend that you don't want to hang with anymore but you don't want to be fighting with/angry with you do what Tre did - say things are fine, I'm not mad at you and leave it at that. You have a cordial relatioship when you see each other but you don't go out of your way to call or hang out with the person.To directly tell Jac she didn't want to be friends anymore would have sent Jac into an emotional tailspin. Tre is wrong about a lot of things but here I actually think she did the compassionate thing - told Jac they were fine, stopped fighting with her, treated her kindly when together but cut the cord.

I agree and it is rare that I would give Teresa credit for anything. I just had to do something similar, although my "friend" is not  anywhere near as needy as crazy Jacq. We never actually fought though, I just realized she was not someone I wanted to spend much time with and I particularly did not want her to know about anything in my life because she blabs everything to everyone always. Not that my life is that exciting, but it's my business

Anyway, I am still cordial when I see her-we live in the same Condo complex, but we don't spend any time together any more. With someone as unstable as Jacqueline, I'd be a bit scared to tell her to take a hike. The old movie, Single, White Female comes to mind.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7

I agree

Not quite! Teresa, Jac and Dina had good friendships, REAL friendships well before the NJ HW show came into being. I think they all go into these shows thinking and believing it will not change them or their relationships. The OC was still more "real" than not at the time and did not portray how nasty thing could get nor how much people change from being on these shows. DC was on air when they began filming both Atlanta and the NJ shows the first time, so I don't think any of the NJ/Atl women could fathom what was to come. I also think fame, especially "sudden" fame changes most people and not for the better. The younger and the more materialistic they are, the more intense and worse the change in them.  Without a doubt, the NJ and ATl. shows are a cautionary tale for anyone now wanting to join a "reality" show even with so called "real" friends.

But were they really? I'm not so sure. I think these shows like to pretend there were existing friendships but in reality they were maybe, acquaintances at best. 

• Love 3

I think the crux of why they won't be left alone is because they regret having to be held accountable for their actions, not the actions themselves.  They apologized because this was public, having never done so before.  They confessed because they got caught and admitting to the crime(s) was a requirement of the plea deals they were offered.   

I'm not gonna say there aren't times I look at their situation and feel some measure of compassion but your sentiment is far kinder than they ever considered being to their victims and while I'll take it easy on my vitriol, these two do not deserve one iota of consideration more than they were willing to give.

All of this AND if you want to be left alone you don't do the apology tour. I was at Walmart and Tre is on another magazine cover. She has a new storyline now and she's going ot run with it. Sorry, but you want to be left alone, don't become a reality star. You don't want to go to jail and leave your "four beautiful daughters" don't commit crimes You want those daughters to at least get something out of the otherwise sad experience, admit you were wroing and show that you learned from it, instead of continuing to blame everyone else for your situation.

• Love 4

I agree

But were they really? I'm not so sure. I think these shows like to pretend there were existing friendships but in reality they were maybe, acquaintances at best.

Exactly. There is no way to know how good of friends any of these people were/are. All we know is what we see on the show where Jac stated she punched Caroline in the face, Jac clearly went against her family and kept bringing that Danielle nut around to hurt them, Caroline in the beginning acted like she barely knew theresa. So I don't know that I'm buying these were some lifelong friendships being destroyed by Theresa. I do think jealousy on the sides of the Manzos and Lauritas played a big part of the downfall though.

• Love 2

Exactly. There is no way to know how good of friends any of these people were/are. All we know is what we see on the show where Jac stated she punched Caroline in the face, Jac clearly went against her family and kept bringing that Danielle nut around to hurt them, Caroline in the beginning acted like she barely knew theresa. So I don't know that I'm buying these were some lifelong friendships being destroyed by Theresa. I do think jealousy on the sides of the Manzos and Lauritas played a big part of the downfall though.

True. They all might be liars.

Certainly we know that Teresa is a liar, as has been proven in a court of law. She is the one who has claimed more than any of the others this "real" friendship. She has interviewed that she came on this show because she understood it would be about friends and family. That they would show them lunching, having dinners, going on vacation together. She has said she was unprepared for the drama of the show and the things that would actually go on. If they were not real friends to begin with, then we can just put another check mark by Teresa's name with regard to the lies she has told.

• Love 3

I agree

100% agree.

Yep...we only have what is either speculated or told for the sake of air time & ratings. Reality show salary = make friendships/enemies happen to insure you're on next season. I'm sure they all laugh at what people discuss about the show, their lives...all the way to the bank.

Edited by BostonBlonde
  • Love 2

I agree

Yes, they really were. There are pictures of all 3 of them together BEFORE there ever was a RHWNJ!

• Love 2

Joe was asked about the "It's a boy" headline while all the men were drinking wine and smoking cigars in California last season. Teresa heard the question and denied "selling" any story but Joe told the men that they had in fact done just that. He told them that they should ALL do that because it was easy money. He admitted that Teresa was getting paid for all the interviews and it was no big deal to them. Chris said that Jac was offered $50 K to do a story that was negative/against Teresa but refused because they felt it was wrong to do/lie. Joe just said "what ever" and it ended.

IIRC, I believe Joe's response to Chris was "Then you're a fuckin' idiot." I laughed.

• Love 9

That is in part why Adrienne was fired from the show. It was not because she was a no show for the reunion but because she threatened Bravo/NBC Universal with a lawsuit and after she cost Bravo thousands of dollars in re-editing the footage to avoid said lawsuit, she went and told the story to a tabloid and refused to speak about it on the show ever!

Yet Bravo rehired Maloof. Go figure. It reflects poorly upon Bravo and shows just how the whole Howife franchise is now floundering.

• Love 4

If Teresa were wise, she would prepare herself to be separated and not burden her family with visits. Constant visits, even if possible, would put a tremendous strain on all concerned.

She has to get ready to adjust to a life in jail. It will be finite and much more bearable if she makes up her mind to roll with it. You can handle anything if you know for certain it will end.

I think you are right from Theresa's POV, but I think it would hurt the girls not to have regular access to their mother.  If she has any influence, celebrity or otherwise, she should use it to make this transition as easy for the girls as possible.  She'll be alright and hopefully she will grow as a person.

• Love 1

Hahahaha! YES! I can totally see Tre running this through her little brain. "Hmm....Martha had best selling cookbooks and SO DID I! Martha was on Celeb Apprentice and SO WAS I!!  Martha went t o prison ans SO AM I!!! I AM THE ITALIAN MARTHA STEWART!!! When I get outta here I'm going to rule over a domestic retail empire just like Martha!!!!"

• Love 3

I think you are right from Theresa's POV, but I think it would hurt the girls not to have regular access to their mother. If she has any influence, celebrity or otherwise, she should use it to make this transition as easy for the girls as possible. She'll be alright and hopefully she will grow as a person.

It's a nice thought, but prison visits are not "regular access." She should think of herself as a soldier being deployed and send her mind to the immediate task.

She can learn to write letters; that dying art!

It will pass; three of her children are so small that they will not have a real recollection of this period. But to have them torn away from her regularly as visits end is not a good thing, IMO.

• Love 4

I just want to quickly chime in here since I was the poster who first used the word "nutty." I was referring to folks on other, pro-Teresa blogs and websites, NOT anyone here. While I thought Twop's board-on-board policy was monitored with too heavy a hand, I agree with the concept. Disagreeing with someone's opinion is ok, criticizing them personally is not. Frankly, if there are any Teresa fans here, I have yet to meet them. Maybe some read here, but don't post?

In my original post to you after you had said that Teresa fans were nutty I had stated that I was a Teresa fan and that I wasn't nutty.  Your response to me was...."well, if you say so".  

I am a Teresa fan.  I like her.  I like her family.  They are funny and fun to watch.  Well anyway, it's seems weird to me saying that Teresa fans are nutty but NOT the Teresa fans on this site.  Huh?  How can every Teresa fan be nutty except the ones who post on this site?  That's backtracking.  Whatever. 

Edited by ramby
  • Love 1

I am a Teresa fan.  I like her.  I like her family.  They are funny and fun to watch.  Well anyway, it's seems weird to me saying that Teresa fans are nutty but NOT the Teresa fans on this site.  Huh?  How can every Teresa fan be nutty except the ones who post on this site?  That's backtracking.  Whatever.

If you don't know what I mean, then my suggestion is to read certain Twitter feeds, like Andy Cohen's after his interview with Teresa and Joe, or Teresa's FB page, or sites like All About the Real Housewives, and read the comments from Teresa's fans to others who criticize her. No one here is like that, at least not to my knowledge. But of course this isn't a very Teresa-friendly forum, esp. after the indictment, so maybe Teresa fans are lurking, but not posting. I'm not sure, but in any event, if that kind of stuff isn't posted here, I'm not sure why that's a weird thing to say.

• Love 3

ramby, on 22 Oct 2014 - 01:46 AM, said:

I am a Teresa fan.  I like her.  I like her family.  They are funny and fun to watch.  Well anyway, it's seems weird to me saying that Teresa fans are nutty but NOT the Teresa fans on this site.  Huh?  How can every Teresa fan be nutty except the ones who post on this site?  That's backtracking.  Whatever.

If you don't know what I mean, then my suggestion is to read certain Twitter feeds, like Andy Cohen's after his interview with Teresa and Joe, or Teresa's FB page, or sites like All About the Real Housewives, and read the comments from Teresa's fans to others who criticize her. No one here is like that, at least not to my knowledge. But of course this isn't a very Teresa-friendly forum, esp. after the indictment, so maybe Teresa fans are lurking, but not posting. I'm not sure, but in any event, if that kind of stuff isn't posted here, I'm not sure why that's a weird thing to say.

ramby, there are Tre fans on other sites that are "nutty" not because of their positive opinion of Tre but because if anyone posts a negative comment about Tre they go crazy with name calling, sometimes vicious name calling, and borderline threaten people. Fortunately everyone here is civil. Please continue to post. It's always interesting to hear another perspective. I was a Tre fan too before the charges came to light.

• Love 9

ramby, there are Tre fans on other sites that are "nutty" not because of their positive opinion of Tre but because if anyone posts a negative comment about Tre they go crazy with name calling, sometimes vicious name calling, and borderline threaten people. Fortunately everyone here is civil..

Thank you for articulating it better.

• Love 4

Thanks guys.  I'm usually not this sensitive, honest.  Must be PMS, lol.  No worries, I will continue posting.  Never had the intention not to....hahaha!

Btw, I also liked Nene (ATL), Camille (BH), Ramona (NY) and Vikki (OC) when no one else did/does.  I'm an oddball, I guess.  OMG....maybe I AM NUTTY!!!  Gasp!  But in my defense I never, ever liked Melissa or Brandi (BH) even when everyone else did.  I saw right through their crap.  

• Love 2

Only if her blog ghostwriter can join her in the pokey.

It will pass; three of her children are so small that they will not have a real recollection of this period. But to have them torn away from her regularly as visits end is not a good thing, IMO.

I disagree with this. Gabriella is 11 and Milania is 7, not to mention a real sharp cookie. I think I'd remember my mom being gone for an entire year when I was that age. My husband was in Afghanistan for a little over a year (civilian contractor) and my kids don't remember - but they were 2, baby, and not even born. I think a 7 year old would probably remember, and an 11 year old definitely would. 

• Love 5

Only if her blog ghostwriter can join her in the pokey.

I disagree with this. Gabriella is 11 and Milania is 7, not to mention a real sharp cookie. I think I'd remember my mom being gone for an entire year when I was that age. My husband was in Afghanistan for a little over a year (civilian contractor) and my kids don't remember - but they were 2, baby, and not even born. I think a 7 year old would probably remember, and an 11 year old definitely would. 

Especially if Teresa IS filming messages for the girls while she is away! They will be a constant reminder she is gone. SMH

• Love 1

I'm not sure under which thread I should post my question, so I'll just ask here. What is the story with the Atlantic City trip? Did they cut the footage for time and because the season changed from it's original plan, or did something actually happen that made the footage not worthy of an episode just lost footage?

But of course this isn't a very Teresa-friendly forum, esp. after the indictment, so maybe Teresa fans are lurking, but not posting.

I am a Teresa fan in the sense that she has shown tremendous resilience in the face of their court case.  I do think it comes from her ability to go into la la land and ignore reality not from any strength of character. But it is resilience nonetheless. I think a lot of people, smart or dumb, would have crumbled - look at Juicy Joe - he is drinking himself into a stupor nightly to deal with this mess.  Teresa over the last 3 or 4 seasons has dealt with her cast mates opposing her and her legal troubles and has held it together for the "four beautiful girls" (a phrase that people constantly bring up).  She takes them to all their practices, she shows up, takes their photos, posts them on instagram, takes them to the beach etc.  She is continuing their lives with as much normalcy as possible.  

I know a lot of people criticize this behavior and have wanted her to put on sackcloth and ashes as a better lesson to her daughters. Last year she visited Dina in Sag Harbor and went to the beach in the Hamptons and there was such an outcry of "how dare she - look at her going on vacation!" As if visiting a friend is going on vacation. Everything Teresa does is mountain out of a molehill since her bankruptcy filing.

Those girls are suffering enough.  They are humiliated.  Gia sees it - she's on twitter, she's on Facebook I am sure.  She's no idiot. She cried almost every scene all season. Their mother is going to prison (even if only a "camp" prison) for 15 months.  Those girls are going to continue suffering.  So for Teresa to have let their lives continue as normal for as long as possible, sticking her face out there in public - that I give her credit for.  She didn't hide away.  Some might say she has no shame, but I do think a lot of it was a brave front.  She even said it on one of the first episodes this season, 'everywhere I go, people are looking at me.'  

I am not lionizing Teresa. I am saying she dealt with a lot of adversity (sure it was self-induced) and showed a lot of strength in doing so.

And I get it that her daughters are suffering because of her.  

• Love 11

Then there's this, which I remember reading when it was first published.  The original article is gone, but the second post on the page sums it up pretty well.

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php?t=572574

"While the show was filming Ashley started selling insider information to tabloids. Things that were being said in Talking Heads were appearing in magazines. Why hasn't anyone connected this? Its been discussed at length on gossip blogs. It played out on the show for all to see but no one connected the details. The items showing up in tabloids were things from Caroline and Jaqulines Talking Head interviews. This pissed BRAVO off. They set out to stop the leaks and knew it had come from someone in Jaquline or Carolines house. They denied it and blamed Teresa. Pointing out Teresa was in all the photos and was earning money from selling stories to tabloids. However, BRAVO wasn't buyng it, they had evidence it had come from Ashley. Teresa could not have known what was said in those TH.

To stop the leaks BRAVO fired Ashley and made it so that the housewives could not have their adult children living with them during filming. (this is also why Jaquline was not allowed to be at the reunion that season)

Ashley was sent to live with her dad and later moved to California. Remember Jaquline skyping with Ashley moments before confronting Teresa on her deck about the tabloids? They were all trying to blame Teresa and get her fired!

Caroline's boys moved to an apartment with Greg and Caroline rented a condo near by for Lauren which is played out now as if its a love nest for her and Albert."

ETA: The post from "enchanted" about half was down the page, is the article that was published (IIRC).

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 2

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Teresa or at least not of Teresa the person, but I am a fan of Teresa the RH character in the sense that she's pretty much the only entertaining aspect of the show for me at this point. Teresa, her Joe, Rosie and Joe Gorga - they all amuse me and I appreciate that. The rest are incredibly boring to me. Tell me more about your cannoli, Kathy. No, really, please do. It's fascinating. 

• Love 5

Tell me more about your cannoli, Kathy. No, really, please do. It's fascinating. 

You had better hope Richie doesn't hear about this.  He'll tell you about his cannoli.  I'll let myself out.  

• Love 11

I am a Teresa fan in the sense that she has shown tremendous resilience in the face of their court case.  I do think it comes from her ability to go into la la land and ignore reality not from any strength of character. But it is resilience nonetheless. I think a lot of people, smart or dumb, would have crumbled - look at Juicy Joe - he is drinking himself into a stupor nightly to deal with this mess.  Teresa over the last 3 or 4 seasons has dealt with her cast mates opposing her and her legal troubles and has held it together for the "four beautiful girls" (a phrase that people constantly bring up).  She takes them to all their practices, she shows up, takes their photos, posts them on instagram, takes them to the beach etc.  She is continuing their lives with as much normalcy as possible.  

I know a lot of people criticize this behavior and have wanted her to put on sackcloth and ashes as a better lesson to her daughters. Last year she visited Dina in Sag Harbor and went to the beach in the Hamptons and there was such an outcry of "how dare she - look at her going on vacation!" As if visiting a friend is going on vacation. Everything Teresa does is mountain out of a molehill since her bankruptcy filing.

Those girls are suffering enough.  They are humiliated.  Gia sees it - she's on twitter, she's on Facebook I am sure.  She's no idiot. She cried almost every scene all season. Their mother is going to prison (even if only a "camp" prison) for 15 months.  Those girls are going to continue suffering.  So for Teresa to have let their lives continue as normal for as long as possible, sticking her face out there in public - that I give her credit for.  She didn't hide away.  Some might say she has no shame, but I do think a lot of it was a brave front.  She even said it on one of the first episodes this season, 'everywhere I go, people are looking at me.'  

I am not lionizing Teresa. I am saying she dealt with a lot of adversity (sure it was self-induced) and showed a lot of strength in doing so.

And I get it that her daughters are suffering because of her.  

I agree with you on all of this.  I am not a fan of what Teresa and Joe have done, and absolutely agree that they should be punished for their crimes, but I do, in a grudgingly way, have some small amount of admiration (maybe that's not exactly the correct word) for the way she tries to "keep things together/normal for her girls".  I am sure, in the middle of the night, when all is quiet, she is scared to death of what will happen to her, and to the girls, while she is away from them. 

I may be totally off base, but I also do think that a lot of her mess is because of her ignorance and trust in Joe.  Do I blame her for being ignorant - absolutely!!  Do I think she should have been more aware of things - 100%!!  But, I also think that Teresa was, up until all of this came out, very happy to be ignorant, as long as her life and the girls' lives were not disrupted.  Her fault, and now she is paying the consequences. 

I have also felt that Teresa is probably what Bravo/Andy/Sirens would call a "perfect employee".  We know that much of the show is staged - not necessarily scripted, but the scenes are set up and the housewives are prompted on what needs to be done and said.  Teresa, for the most part, does her job, without breaking the fourth wall.  I don't ever recall her blaming "editing" on the way she came across to the viewers.  I also think that is her personality, unfortunately.  She does think she is always justified in everything she does, good or bad, and that is reality TV gold. 

I also think that is often why she looks confused when the others call her out on her shit.  She sometimes has a look on her face that makes me wonder if she is thinking "Well - of course, that is what happened - that is what we were TOLD to do by the producers".  I mean, the producers probably didn't tell her to chase Danielle in a country club, but they may have told her that they wanted to get a confrontation/conversation, and she did what she was told to do. 

It's very interesting to read everyone's take on Teresa, and I agree for the most part with everyone's opinions, but I also have to give her some props for being as strong for her family as she has been through this. 

I cannot imagine what Jacqueline would be like in this situation...she, to me, is a blubbering mess of emotions, even though all the injectables won't let her cry real tears.  (Hey - maybe that is why her face looks so puffy now - she is trying to cry, but her tear ducts are frozen and all those tears are just backed up under her skin and can't get out, LOL!!!) 

Just my two cents, for what it's worth! 

• Love 3

I actually hated Teresa's guts. Until Melissa showed up.

My feelings about Teresa were just neutral, but then Jac, Caroline, Melissa and toady Kathy spent two seasons obsessing over Teresa and blaming her everything wrong with the world. They were relentless. So, I switched my allegiance to House Giudice.

I've since gone back to being neutral on Teresa.

I still hate Melissa.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 9

Thanks guys.  I'm usually not this sensitive, honest.  Must be PMS, lol.  No worries, I will continue posting.  Never had the intention not to....hahaha!

Btw, I also liked Nene (ATL), Camille (BH), Ramona (NY) and Vikki (OC) when no one else did/does.  I'm an oddball, I guess.  OMG....maybe I AM NUTTY!!!  Gasp!  But in my defense I never, ever liked Melissa or Brandi (BH) even when everyone else did.  I saw right through their crap.  

I like Vicki too. Not like I would want to actually hang around with her, but on the show, as far as I'm concerned Vicki is housewife Gold. Living in the OC myself I sort of look at her like a crazy aunt. Yeah, she's crazy, but she's my crazy.  

I also never liked Melissa, still don't, although I have never liked Teresa, and still don't.

But as long as you don't like Brandi, I think your sanity is intact. 

• Love 5

I actually hated Teresa's guts. Until Melissa showed up.

My feelings about Teresa were just neutral, but then Jac, Caroline, Melissa and toady Kathy spent two seasons obsessing over Teresa and blaming her everything wrong with the world. They were relentless. So, I switched my allegiance to House Giudice.

I've since gone back to being neutral on Teresa.

I still hate Melissa.

This. I hated them even more because the gang up made me root for a woman I can't stand. Anytime on one of these shows when the hens gang up, I'm on the other side...well except,  Aviva of course.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 7

Btw, I also liked Nene (ATL), Camille (BH), Ramona (NY) and Vikki (OC) when no one else did/does.  I'm an oddball, I guess.  OMG....maybe I AM NUTTY!!!  

This explains a lot! (Seriously, this made me laugh). You can't deny those ladies are nutty. But in a fabulous, HW way. Ramona's "who are you to throw water at me?" will always be my favorite RH line, season 1 Camille was reality TV gold, and Nene and the Vickster? Not enough time...

• Love 3

It's a nice thought, but prison visits are not "regular access." She should think of herself as a soldier being deployed and send her mind to the immediate task.

The thought of letters from Teresa made me snort.  It would be an art, but in her hands it would be the equivalent of a Picasso painting.  Random words put together in some sort of "cleansy" fashion.  (I hesitate to even make the comparison, though, because Picasso had actual talent.)

• Love 1

For some reason, I thought Teresa acknowledged payments for the cover photos the articles themselves mostly took quotes from the show, then pieced them together.  Who knows what's true but really, she needs all the money she can possibly make to get out of the hole she's in.

If Teresa had used the money to actually get out of the hole she was in, I'd have the tiniest hint of respect for her.  As I understand, she used the money to buy more Gucci bags. 

• Love 7