Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

Just now, ennui said:

Whatever happened to Domino's? 

I don't know but one of their drivers crashed into our fence and then tried to deny it. Unfortunately for him the neighbor he was delivering to saw the whole thing. Still we had to go through corporate to get reimbursed.

• Love 1
On 2/15/2017 at 0:56 PM, smittykins said:

I am probably the only person left on the planet who has never had a Cadbury creme egg.(I'm all about Peeps and Reese's eggs.)

I'm an equal opportunity sugar aficionado

• Love 1

I hated that guy.  Now I don't live in a family where any male wears a collared shirt unless for a funeral, but the way he's dressed, to me, he looks like a salesman delivering the arrangement and not her kid.

Also the reaction of the mother to the first arrangement is out of sync with her reaction to the second one.  No mother would do that unless she actually is making it clear that the second kid is her favorite.

And also also the way he says "it's always a competition" is a terrible line-reading.  I want to hit him and then I automatically root for the first brother.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for Father's Day!  [sarcasm]

• Love 3

It's not like they're going to show her chastising them, but it irritates me that the guy says it's always a competition and the mom doesn't say anything.  Also, how does the first brother not notice the other one's balloons?!

• Love 2
On 5/20/2017 at 5:07 PM, mojoween said:

I want to hit him and then I automatically root for the first brother.

It looks to me like the first brother is the practical one. His has the pot that can be reused, while the second guy went with the flashy display in a cheap paper container and balloons that won't last the week.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

It looks to me like the first brother is the practical one. His has the pot that can be reused, while the second guy went with the flashy display in a cheap paper container and balloons that won't last the week.

Also that's way too much fruit for one person to eat before it gets dried up, and I've always been taught that a gift you expect to use yourself isn't much of a gift.

• Love 2

t's June 29th and I just saw my first back-to-school ad(for Office Depot/Office Max).

School let out in my district last Thursday.

I've seen ads several times this month for those Christmas tree lights that drape down over the top of the tree and those projector things in the window that show off different holiday stuff, I guess those were for Easter and Mother's Day and Father's Day and now for Independence Day, but they annoy me and they're ugly.

17 hours ago, smittykins said:

It's June 29th and I just saw my first back-to-school ad(for Office Depot/Office Max).

School let out in my district last Thursday.

School starts here the first week of August, so it's not too early to start thinking BTS supplies!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Haleth said:

School starts here the first week of August, so it's not too early to start thinking BTS supplies!

The FIRST week of August? That's downright unnatural -- in MY hometown, school didn't start until the last Monday in August and went until the last Friday in May of the following year, and we didn't even begin back-to-school shopping until about mid-August.  While I was definitely looking forward to going back to school by about the middle of August, I wouldn't really have wanted to go back before the end of the month!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I saw my first Christmas ad today.  For outdoor lights for your house.  Oh, and by the way, as an afterthought, you can program them to display orange and purple for Halloween.

I saw that too, Silver.  smh

3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

We watch the Hallmark channel because of Columbo. Every other commercial break is for their holiday marathons. I love Christmas but Hallmark's original movies are unmitigated tripe. My DH loves unmitigated tripe. I still love him though, so life goes on.

My husband must be evolving in a similar way as your husband. I can't pinpoint when it started but he seems to have fixated on the Good Witch movies in later years, I am bracing myself for all the Xmas trot-outs. I wouldn't mind Columbo, he's a hoot.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

My husband must be evolving in a similar way as your husband. I can't pinpoint when it started but he seems to have fixated on the Good Witch movies in later years, I am bracing myself for all the Xmas trot-outs. I wouldn't mind Columbo, he's a hoot.

I love Columbo, especially the earlier ones. I wonder why some men get so sentimental when the get older. Low T? :p

• Love 3

If you Cozi TV, they show Columbo at 7 (ET) on Saturday & Sunday nights. Some nights it's 2 hour-long shows, followed by Rockford Files, some nights it's one 90 minute show. Last week, they had the pilot episode. Columbo's hair was actually ruly, as opposed to its regular unruly we've become accustomed to.

(I don't know if ruly is a word, but if unruly is, ruly should be, too...like unkempt/kempt.)

• Love 4
On 9/27/2017 at 3:49 PM, Silver Raven said:

I saw my first Christmas ad today.  For outdoor lights for your house.  Oh, and by the way, as an afterthought, you can program them to display orange and purple for Halloween.

Not a commercial, but I was at the mall on Monday and Boston Store was putting out all their Christmas stuff.  

8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

We watch the Hallmark channel because of Columbo. Every other commercial break is for their holiday marathons. I love Christmas but Hallmark's original movies are unmitigated tripe. My DH loves unmitigated tripe. I still love him though, so life goes on.

Columbo is on the Hallmark Channel?  I have never even noticed that when scrolling through the guide. During the day?

13 hours ago, MaryPatShelby said:

Not a commercial, but I was at the mall on Monday and Boston Store was putting out all their Christmas stuff.  

Columbo is on the Hallmark Channel?  I have never even noticed that when scrolling through the guide. During the day?

Columbo is on Hallmark  weekday mornings at 9:00 am Pacific. On Cozi Sats. and Suns. at 4:00 pm Pacific,  and on METV Suns. at 8:00 pm Pacific.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

If you Cozi TV, they show Columbo at 7 (ET) on Saturday & Sunday nights. Some nights it's 2 hour-long shows, followed by Rockford Files, some nights it's one 90 minute show.

They're not consistent with what they do with a 90 minute episode; sometimes they'll throw in a 30 minute filler, and sometimes they'll drop the first Rockford to make room for a second 90 minute Columbo.

17 hours ago, MaryPatShelby said:

Columbo is on the Hallmark Channel?

It's on HMM, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, not their regular channel. Besides their regular showings Columbo is in their rotation for the marathons they run on weekends, but they have so many now it'll probably be a few weeks before it's his turn again. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

There is a rumor going around the there will be a Columbo re-boot starring Mark Ruffalo. I don't know how solid it is but I have heard Ruffalo do a Columbo impression.

Cooool, I could imagine that. Love Mark Ruffalo.

• Love 2

Party City has officially retired their Halloween Thriller ads, and replaced them with these. Make of them what you will. Personally, I wish they chose music better suited toward the theme of Halloween.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wGKJ/party-city-wonder-women

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wgRS/party-city-2017-halloween-house-battle

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wgps/party-city-i-want-candy-song-by-bow-wow-wow

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wGC3/party-city-2017-halloween-the-way-you-look-tonight

1 hour ago, InDueTime said:

Party City has officially retired their Halloween Thriller ads, and replaced them with these.

Don't tease me! I've been dreading coming across any Party City ads. But those look slightly more palatable.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:49 PM, Silver Raven said:

Not surprising. I saw a whole aisle in a store dedicated to Christmas decorations... in the middle of freaking September. 

• Love 2
On 9/29/2017 at 9:51 AM, peacheslatour said:

Columbo is on Hallmark  weekday mornings at 9:00 am Pacific. On Cozi Sats. and Suns. at 4:00 pm Pacific,  and on METV Suns. at 8:00 pm Pacific.

Not here in WI; we have I Love Lucy at that time on Hallmark.  Are we maybe talking about the Hallmark movie channel?

1 minute ago, MaryPatShelby said:

\Are we maybe talking about the Hallmark movie channel?

Yes. He's on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries until the end of this month then the 24hr Xmas stuff until January starts.

Who remembers when the Time Life Treasury of Christmas commercials used to mark the beginning of the Christmas season -- in September? Despite the fact that they aired too early and too often, I loved those commercials.

• Love 3
On 10/3/2017 at 10:37 AM, mmecorday said:

Who remembers when the Time Life Treasury of Christmas commercials used to mark the beginning of the Christmas season -- in September? Despite the fact that they aired too early and too often, I loved those commercials.

I have the Time Life Treasury of Christmas CDs, and I do treasure them.  Starting the day after Thanksgiving.

• Love 7