Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Here's To Happy Endings

With the La Mascara launch party a matter of days away, Jackie and Ben still have a lot to do. Meanwhile, Gina is planning her ‘Girls Night In’, a fundraising evening in aid of cancer research and decides to call Lydia to see if she is coming. Unbeknownst to Gina, Lydia takes the call while she is at coffee with Andrea, and it’s clear from the conversation that neither of them have any intention of repairing their fractured friendship. Andrea and Lydia are also bewildered by Janet’s decision to attend Gina’s party and call her to find out why.

Oooh Jackie's mom Svetlana makes a cameo. And sadly Janet and mom seem to be about the same age. I wonder if Svetlana was surprised to see Janet being that old and being a friend of Jackie's. Not that people that different in age can't be friends, but it's obvious they only know each other because of the show, not cos they sought each other out at some event or something.

I also totally agreed with Gina during her conversation with Andrea. Gina was there in person trying to apologize (and offer explanations!) and Andrea's not accepting it, at all. She only wanted to justify her shitty behavior.

Andrea is so convinced that she is dressed for the gods (tm Married to Medicine) when she looks a mess pretty much all the time. I wouldn't be as hard on her if her attitude wasn't horrible.

Gina was petty with that youre leaving? Well I'm leaving before you move after she shut Mandrea down but damn if it didn't make me laugh. She did try to come into it open to apologize (even though she didn't call Andrea that in the bathroom) but Andrea comes with a checklist. Bitch, really?

Glad that Chyka also sees that Janet is not trustworthy. Whether Gina and Janet were acquaintances or close friends for twenty years she did not "accidentally" run back and forth telling what Gina said.

Knowing how the reunion turned out still infuriates me so I'm hesitant about reliving it again since

the finger pointing at one person continued along with some never before seen footage to even the playing field. Why didn't they show a clip reel of everyone else? Bullshit.

• Love 3

Dang, Janet's face looks like a waxwork that has started to melt.

Andrea and Lydia come off as so pathetic - they are obsessed with Gina and trying to cut her down. I get Gina's point about how the context matters, I am pretty sarcastic and if someone repeated things I've said without the context they would sound really bad.

Every time Jackie says La Mascara, I think she's saying la moscato.

• Love 3

The first shot of Andrea walking down the street to meet Lydia for coffee started by focusing on her best asset, her legs, but once the camera panned to her signature slouch while wearing that stupid hat...suddenly she was Alice the Goon.  The meeting with Andrea and Gina was ridiculous but had that delicious payoff when Gina told her cut down on the testosterone. 

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 7

Good grief, Andrea walking down the sidewalk.  She looked so bad I expected some good samaritan to run up with a baggy and try to 'curb' her.    Talk about mistaking shit for shine.  Her other outfits seem lifted from some kind of vintage ice skaters costume collection.  I've see her as fleming, Hamilton and Yamaguchi at the least.  And what is she wearing as an undergarment that does that to her midriff?  She can shove her boobs up into that one talking head outfit that looks like the world's largest pasties made from Nana's tea cozies, but she can't find a structural garment that doesn't turn her waist into looking like she is trying to smuggle a cinder block from a construction site?

Poor Lydia really needs to be given strict lessons on not rolling her eyes.  Unless she is forming a library of video evidence for when she sues the plastic surgeon that botched her noggin'.  I swear her face slides down to her almost wattle further and further in just the days it took to shoot this show.  And again she styles her hair slightly off center.  But with the weird canted side.  So she almost looks in some scenes like she is talking to the person beside her instead of in front of her.  She does know that riding in the co-pilot's seat does not make her a pilot right?  And she really should not brag about her husband having more money than the rest of the women.  First it begs him to see her priorities and start looking for model # 3 since the current model lost its new car smell and the dash has started to melt.  Also considering the amount of foundation she seems to have in her talking heads, can't she do something about the pocking her face has?  It is some kind of odd age dimpling?  Or did she over botox and get those weird injection wells like Bethenny Frankel had up to her last face firming?

I also love how Lydia clearly thinks she is incredibly clever by introducing Andrea into her phone conversation with Gina, only to then act like a baboon having a stroke as her eyes roll out of sync and her face jiggles like pudding left out and developed a skin.  Then the photo shoot in what looked like Andrea's garage.  That Andrea set up.  Which doesn't make it any kind of triumph professionally.  Since anyone can hire a photographer.  And talk about not being able to take a good picture.  Andrea really is an unfortunate looking woman.  There is no signal feature like some people have that makes them unattractive.  Which they can often turn to their benefit or deflect attention from.  With Andrea, ugly is the entire package.  It comes standard on this model.  The idiotic petty photoshoot not only hammered home how little these two have in their lives but also how the only way either had an ounce of life in their eyes was when they were mocking others.

Gina.  You need to simply let these hags with the maturity of thirteen year olds hang themselves on the camera and be more coolly and courteously terse.  You came down to their level several times.

Chyka is good at making sure the shit stays stirred even as she keeps her hands relatively clean for this bunch.  It is producer driven.  But I wonder how long Lydia and Janet will put up with this in the second season now they have seen how Chyka came across.  Chyka is nowhere as evil as the others, but she is not the sweet smelling rose of purity I think she managed to convey.  Often the tie that binds finds it too easy to play the sides against each other. 

Janet.  Damn talk about looking like the Crypt Keeper even more than the previous shows. 

Jackie.  deluded.  Stupidly self-important if less than Lydia, she is, like Lydia, her own worst enemy.  She is so tacky I'm surprised Melbourne doesn't have an ordinance passed to make her wear a "wet paint" sign when she goes out in public. 

Ben clearly thinks, and the show encourages, his notion of being one of the wives.  i really hope he is minimized next season.  That flipped hair and hairless hamster's head of his is on my screen just way too much.

If Lydia thinks those burlesque dancers were so sexy, I'm thinking she might be confusing her mouth with her vagina when it comes to being used.

Edited by heebiejeebie
  • Love 4

Jackie - Again did she miss the irony of her remark on Gina's soap? "Who does she think she is Kim Kardasian?"  Extra points to Ben for calling out her tacky behavior with the $40K necklace.

Janet - Major kudzoo for admitting that she amped up Gina's remarks in order to hurt Lydia.

Andrea - So her husband made her quit the show?  Because people might think he did the hack job on Janet or because his patients figure that Andrea will be telling their secrets all over town?  

Lydia - She just comes off worse and worse each episode.  I wonder if seeing all this on screen will lead to some self-awareness?  

Chyka - I like her style.  The hair, the clothes, she really knows who she is and how to dress for best effect.

Gosh I hope they don't make us wait too long for season two.  Australia is one of the hardest countries to VPN into for first run tv.

• Love 1

Sometimes I think that Gina feels superior to the other women because SHE works, like what she said to Lydia, "it's not your money."  I work and have been for years, but I don't think I'm any better than a woman who doesn't work.  

• Love 1

I can see Gina's point. The rest of the women are not indepently wealthy. They married their money. Had they not married the particular men they did their lives might be totally different. I can see Gina's point about her success being her own, which to me is something to be proud of. I mean sure it's great if your man has money, but it's nice to be able to stand on your own as well.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 8

I really felt like Gina gave an asshole apology which is "I'm sorry I offended you, but here's the justification." That's not an apology in my book. A simple I'm sorry period would have sufficed. I find Andrea to be completely odious, but Gina has been a cow when it comes to apologizing.

Jackie is even stupider and lazier than Lydia. Watching Ben do all of that work for La Mascara, makes me so sad for him. Jackie is a user; hopefully he has the money to keep her satisfied. Jackie's mom looked like an older version of Kristen Schaal.

Janet is a shit stirrer.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

I can see Gina's point. The rest of the women are not indepently wealthy. They married their money. Had they not married the particular men they did their lives might be totally different. I can see Gina's point about her success being her own, which to me is something to be proud of. I mean sure it's great if your man has money, but it's nice to be able to stand on your own as well.

I don't know; but it seems snotty to me.  No everybody's smart enough to get into law school, or college, no need to put somebody down because you got into law school.  I mean what does Gina want, a cookie?  

ETA, I was wrong.  Gina wasn't being a witch.  Apparently Lydia said something silly like, "I'm richer than all of you," and that's why Gina said, "that's not your money, that's your husband's money."  Gina wasn't putting Lydia down by saying that, she was just stating a fact.  Lydia made it seem like it was HER money alone, and that's what Gina was reacting to.  And maybe Lydia had said that many times, so Gina felt she had to say something, if it were me, I wouldn't have bothered with Lydia.

I wonder what the deal is with Gina's partner that he didn't want his name mentioned?  Is he married?   Maybe he has a sensitive job that would compromise him if his name were mentioned, a detective perhaps?

Edited by Neurochick

Chyka and Gina are the only two I find interesting.

Janet is VERY hard to look at and on high def, downright frightening. Andrea and Lydia are pretty rough looking too.

Jackie……I guess she's there because she's "married to a rockstar". Wouldn't be missed if she wasn't shown again.

• Love 4

Between Andrea mocking Gina with the spa invite last episode to her doing the same type of thing putting on her makeup while Gina was talking this episode, I felt like I was watching a middle-schooler for sure. So put on and ridiculous. I get she was repeating what Gina did. The difference is the intent. Gina didn't invite the other women in front of Andrea to spite her. She also put on her makeup at Mission Beach because everyone was screaming over each other, not talking directly to her, and I bet she was trying to hold back tears.

I used to know "women" like this who purposely tried to ruin my life while making fun of me. When I was little, my mom said grown ups don't do this sort of thing. She was wrong. Boy, was she wrong.

I also felt really sad when Lydia was saying she didn't care about Gina having cancer, as well as her statement about "the cancer people."

Just really gross, entitled, mean. I didn't like seeing Gina stoop to their level but, at the same time, I've been there and finally cracked, too. I just want to hug Gina and hope and pray she's alright.

Shameful.

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 9

No one comes out smelling like roses in this show...the worst being Lydia & Andrea, who apparently turned into middle school girls about halfway through filming.  I've never seen anything like it among grown up women. They weren't even trying to hide it.

• Love 6

Just really gross, entitled, mean.

And really, really stupid. I mean, I can't get over how stupid and vapid Lydia and Jackie are.

Andrea's single-minded obsession with Gina is demented. There's something really off there.

I stopped watching the other Housewives series years ago, but I'd love to keep watching this one. I wish they'd dump Jackie, Andrea and Lydia. Watching Ben grasping at another 15 minutes of fame (and presumably a paycheck) is embarassing.

It would be fun to watch Gina in a more balanced position within a group, where she's not having to defend herself all the time.

• Love 3

I was LOL when they were all sitting around claiming that each of them was the richest. Who cares, you idiots? I have decided that Janet is just stupid. How do you throw someone under the bus by accident. Jackie is just deluded and Ben is a little toad. Is La Mascara even on the market? So they have time to audition burlesque dancers but they are too busy to actually develop the product itself? So Andrea has a photoshoot for her book cover. She is completely deluded. 

I want Gina to do something with her hair. That overblownout look that doesn't move is not attractive. And her ends look totally damaged. 

So is there a season 2? I hope so. 

I'm going to miss this tacky group of bitches.  And their accents.  

I love that Ben shut that shit down on Jackie price bragging, but then he lost points when he and Jackie were auditioning burlesque girls.  Because ugh.

Janet kind of gleefully exclaimed her shit stirring role, didn't she?  Like 'ha ha, end of season bitches, ya BURNT!' and skating away with no repercussions to her shenanigans.  

Gina, I adore you.  But just apologize and walk away.  Even if you're (mostly) in the right.  Walk away.  Bitches like Andrea just don't get it.

• Love 2

Season 2 is currently filming and will air on Arena (Bravo's sister channel in Australia) in 2015. No word on if it will air in the US, though I think it should.

Instead of reairs of this tired season of NJ they could've reaired the finale of Melbourne Sunday night during primetime. There will be a Melbourne marathon starting Thursday morning, though.

• Love 1

Oh crap, judging from that Youtube clip of the reunion it looks like they ALL gang up on Gina. Even Chyka. I hope that's not the case for the entire reunion. Very refreshing that Andy won't be hosting this one. 

• Love 1

Good Lord, Andrea is a major asshole.  She bitches about expecting an apology from Gina-er but then when she gets it, she won't accept it.  Why did she even bother with the pretense of meeting for coffee?  So that she could go on and on about how right she is and how wronged she's been? 

I thought I would like Lydia and Janet at the beginning of the season and thoroughly dislike Gina but my, how the tables have turned.

Lydia is a moron.  Stop talking about how much your vajayjay gets used.  I'm sure all that talking out of your ass must be tiring so STFU.  

Janet is a shit stirrer who doesn't get called on it.  In fact, she's given kadooz for owning something (or should I say, sunthin' per OC"s Gretchen). 

I still like Jackie.  Can't help it.  She's delusional and a braggart but mainly harmless.  I also can't help liking Ben for the same reasons although he seems a wee bit more grounded than Jackie.

Chyka and Gina are clearly the only fully sane ones in this group.  

I look forward to the reunion and hopefully season 2.  Much more interesting than the crap that's on RHONJ.

• Love 2

To be honest Ben (and I guess Jackie) was the main reason I watched this at all, cos of my former Silverchair fangirl days. I agree, Jackie is an idiot and a goldigger. But probably harmless. Her psychic angels stuff was amusing, as was her delusions about La Mascara. And to whoever asked, yes it is an actual drink brand now and is sold in bars/restaurants in Australia.

Most annoying website to navigate ever.
http://www.lamascara.com

To be honest Ben (and I guess Jackie) was the main reason I watched this at all, cos of my former Silverchair fangirl days. I agree, Jackie is an idiot and a goldigger. But probably harmless. Her psychic angels stuff was amusing, as was her delusions about La Mascara. And to whoever asked, yes it is an actual drink brand now and is sold in bars/restaurants in Australia.

Most annoying website to navigate ever.

http://www.lamascara.com

I thought Ben was a dope at first but he really grew on me, as did Jackie.  They seem like a fun couple that really is in love.

Andrea is just a piece of shit.  And I don't know who told her she is gorgeous, but she is far from it. Wonk eyes, bad hair, terrible teeth.  She has nice legs, but the body is strange.  

Lydia may be the biggest airhead I've ever seen on a reality show.  Why is she so far up Andrea's ass?  Is she hoping for free plastic surgery?

As appalling as Andrea is, I do think that Gina owed an apology to her after the event at her house.  But I don't think a straight up, "I'm sorry for my rudeness" would satisfy Andrea.  I think she is both disgusted by her look and at the same time envious of her success.  For someone who "has it all" as she constantly tells us, she knows her husband is the reason for the wealth.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 4

Marathon's airing right now.

If anyone's got some reliable links, I feel like I NEED some reliable ages for these ladies.  I"m especially intrigued by Janet and Jackie's birth certificates. 

I didn't watch most of the season and when I first stopped watching, Jackie was the most annoying person to me, but I could see Lydia and Andrea taking her over.  And, sorry-not-sorry: Andrea and Jackie are incredibly unattractive.  It's not about a single feature or anything, but they are charmless and cloddish.

Marathon's airing right now.

If anyone's got some reliable links, I feel like I NEED some reliable ages for these ladies.  I"m especially intrigued by Janet and Jackie's birth certificates. 

I didn't watch most of the season and when I first stopped watching, Jackie was the most annoying person to me, but I could see Lydia and Andrea taking her over.  And, sorry-not-sorry: Andrea and Jackie are incredibly unattractive.  It's not about a single feature or anything, but they are charmless and cloddish.

They were all listed in one article I had linked a while back. I can't find it now. Pretty sure they are accurate.

Lydia - 45

Andrea - 45

Gina - 47

Jackie - 34 (33 during filming I think)

Janet - 55

Chyka - I want to say 45 but I might be off a year or 2.  

• Love 1

I feel like it's hard to tell how old Australian women are (at least when I was in Sydney) because they were in the sun so much, they all slightly resemble leather handbags and have premature wrinkling.  

• Love 1

I feel like it's hard to tell how old Australian women are (at least when I was in Sydney) because they were in the sun so much, they all slightly resemble leather handbags and have premature wrinkling.  

And, most of all, they're really less botox and restylane addicted :) :) :) (most of them !)

• Love 2

I really didn't get the "change the color of your hair or be vague and stay the same." Is that an Australian thing? Was it a mangled dig about Janet being two-faced? What was Lydia trying to say?

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 1

Sometimes I think that Gina feels superior to the other women because SHE works, like what she said to Lydia, "it's not your money."  I work and have been for years, but I don't think I'm any better than a woman who doesn't work.  

Lydia was crowing that she was the richest, I believe. I agree with Gina -- if you don't earn it, it ain't yours! Meaning your rich hubby can pull the rug out from under you at any time ... if you earn it, no one can take it away.

• Love 1

I could NOT believe Andrea brought a list... and expected an apology for each and every item on her list!

I actually started laughing all by myself in the kitchen. Of course Andrea brought a list. We're just lucking if wasn't a spreadsheet with levels of apology cross indexed.

• Love 2

So, Jackie can snark about the randomness of Gina starting a soap line ("she's not Kim Kardashian" - what?), without a smidgen of self-awareness of how random it is for her to go into the alcohol business?

Should be interesting to see how Lydia fares sans Andrea next season, since as far as intelligence goes, Andrea seems to be the host to Lydia's parasite. We'll see how strong and fearless you really are, Lydia, and if you have anything at all to contribute other than talking about your vag and waiting for your laugh track (that only you can hear) to kick in.

• Love 4